What time is it? Third time!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Tarina » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:21 pm

It's 4:20 pm MDT and I'm on my "lunch" hour before working another 4 hours tonight.

We've got a nest under the eaves of the condo, for lack of a better term since the nothing on the roof hangs over the condo. [img=http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h166/Tarinababs/applegate1.jpg]This[/img] is a (not that great) picture of the backs of one of the condos in the complex. On the upper right is where the drain spout goes up to the roof to remove excess water. On the front of the one I live in, the protective cover has come away from the rest of the siding right by the drain pipe, and the birds have built their nest in there. There were definitely chicks in there, because earlier in the spring we could see mom and dad going back and forth to get food. Don't know how many, if any, survived. We found, courtesy of Liri, two little birdy bodies in the courtyard. She thought they were a great change of food though.

On a funny note, I got Wiggles up this morning and the little girl had somehow removed her diaper at some point. It was lying on the other side of her crib. :? Don't know when it happened, but it couldn't have been too long since there wasn't a mess or wet spot in the crib.
Tarina
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:48 pm

It is 8:48pm PDT.

Scribbles we are not good, WE ARE GREAT!!! :twisted: Just kidding actually but yes we do know our stuff. We are fabulous together though too!! ;)

Yes, two years anniversary is this late August. :D It will be hard to get time off toward the end of August but will do my best so that we can have that barbecue. Elengil was here last night for a bit. She is anxious for you visit as well. :thumbsup:

Tarina I guess Wiggles is starting to live up to her name in more ways then one. She wiggled out of that diaper on ya!! Good thing she did not leave you a surprise too. ;)
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby b5c » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:57 pm

It's 9:52 and the apartment is 90 degrees. Stop by and applied for food stamps and only approved for 16 bucks a month. :? I also spent the morning walking all over Mount Vernon. I stopped by and saw Vana at work.

@Vana, did you see my post about my wife's idea?

Yahoo almost time for Futurama.
b5c
Citizen of Imladris

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:58 pm

Almost 11:00 pm MDT and definitely time I was sawing logs . . . early alarm tomorrow! :shock:

But the bonus is, IT'S FRIDAY!! :D

Vana, as soon as hubby gets that map book home, I'll be poring over it like crazy. I've photocopied a calendar for the last week of August and first two weeks of September so we can do a rough itinerary like Rose did. :D As soon as I have any idea at all, I'll be letting you know. :)

And I just know you gave elengil a hug for us too. :)

Edited to add: b5C . . . 16 bucks A MONTH??? What on earth are they expecting you to live on, bread and water? Sheesh.

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:21 pm

Early September should be a whole lot better at my getting time off. :thumbsup: One of the other managers is going on his honeymoon the last two weeks of August. :roll: He is getting married the last week of this month (July) but putting off the honeymoon till next month.

It is 10:21pm PDT and hot as anything in the house!!!

b5c set a fan in a window pulling the cooler night air in and it should help some!

Hey when I lost my home and my job in 03' food stamps would not give me anything. In fact the guy told me if I chose to die on the streets they didn't care, just don't do it on their section of sidewalk. :roll: So I know what you are experiencing b5c!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby b5c » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:23 pm

10:22 PM PST and it still hot. Enjoying his Futurama.

@Silver, 16 bucks untill I lose unemployment. If I lose unemployment I gain 300 bucks a month. :lol:
b5c
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:28 am

9:27 AM CDT. Reset my registry? How do you do that? Right now, I try to log in and get "log in failed." I'm not going to be here till Sunday evening unless I can find a way to get on at home.

Remember Fangface?

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:10 am

9:09 am MDT and CR, it's not something I can explain. Your Techie person should have checked to make sure your Windows log-in was reset to a default, many virus and malware programs go in and change this to lock you out. When it's at the default, the first time you log in it will ask you to set the password, and you're good to go.

Otherwise, they may have to back up all your data, re-format and re-partition the hard drive to wipe it totally clean (trust me, one of the only secure ways to completely eradicate a virus or malware) and then re-install all your software from scratch, BUT NOT FROM THE BACKUP OF YOUR DISK. That backup will, of course, house the virus. If you have your original software CD's, so much the better to install them from there and then download all the appropriate patches/upgrades to date. Any technician worth his salt should be able to restore your computer to a working state . . . unless the virus was one of the worm or Trojan types, in which case it will have "eaten the brain" of your hard drive and you may be facing replacing the hard drive itself. :(

(This is one of the reasons I set my home computer up as a "managed desktop". Unless I'm logged in as the Admin (which I rarely do unless I need to install a software patch), no one and nothing can write to my C: drive and destroy my root software installation. I also have a D-link router with both a hardware and software Firewall, it was the best $60 bucks I ever spent, LOLOL and I hear they're even cheaper now.)

Hope you can get your system back up and running soon. :rose:

SilverScribe

Postby rowanberry » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:00 am

20:56 EET. As soon as the hubby gets his things ready, we'll get the suitcases packed.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Tarina » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:10 am

It's 12:10 pm, and I'm free!!! :D

Okay, so I should go upstairs and do something about the disaster that Lan and I call a bedroom, but I don't feel like doing that until Lan gets home from taking my mom to cardio rehab so he can help. And by that time it will be lunch. And I'll still need to go pick mom up at some point. And when Wiggles gets up from her nap it will be lunch for her and then pool time, since we didn't get to it yesterday. And Lan has to work tonight. So I guess the bedroom will have to wait for another day. And this is why it's still a disaster. :P

Oh, and Scribbles, they expect b5c to eat ramen. Depending on the brand and whether or not you can find it on sale, you should be able to get a month's supply of ramen for $16. :P
Tarina
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:35 pm

Thanks, Scribbles, I'll look and see if it's set to default.

Remember Fangface?

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Wow!!! :shock: I will have to have Ryan check to see if my log in password can be reset to default in the old comp. Every time I try to log in or do anything with my name in it, I can not!! We did have a virus but it was supposedly wiped out. Hm........ I didn't know there was a default log in. I feel hopeful now. :thumbsup:

It is 7:49pm and I am home from work. *whew* It is hot hot hot again today!!!! Also very muggy now!!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:49 pm

It's 9:47 pm MDT and I'm about wiped out.

It was hot today here too, and after hubby's most excellent BBQ supper, a glass of wine and now a pot of relaxing Rooibos Vanilla Tea, my eyes are heavy and my brain is flashing that 00:00 thingy . . . :D

Default is usually username "user" and Password "password", but not always. sends positive electronic vibes to CR and Vana . . .

G'night!

SilverScribe

Postby b5c » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:10 pm

It's 10:00 PM PST a little muggy, but all ok. Watching Heather play Monkey Island 2: The Revenge of Le Chuck on the Xbox.

Well I have good news and bad news. The bad news that I lost my case and my unemployment is automaticly denied and also I owe Rent-A-Center 3,600 bucks for 10 weeks of unemployment. Well the good news that I got two calls for Job interviews and took my wife too Gig Harbor to cool off in the sound waters and get rid of our minds our situation. If the world is going to f me. I will f the world. I want to enjoy every min of it.
b5c
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:28 pm

It is 11:26pm PDT. I have emailed you Scribbles with the photos that were finally downloaded of the garden birdbath and the new trellis. :D

It is time for me to "hit the hay" since I have a meeting in the morning early. Have a great weekend everyone!! :hihi:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:22 am

It is 10:22am PDT and no one is here but us melting peoples!! :P My kittie China thinks it is hot already and wants me to do something to help her cool off.

I bought a wading pool but I do not think that was what she had in mind. :twisted: No I wont put her in it. But I will put my feet in it when I get home from work tonight and tomorrow night!! It should feel great to cool off that way.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:25 pm

It's 12:25 am and I should be in bed . . . :roll:

Thank you Vana for the piccies, they're wonderful. :D Everything turned out really cool. :thumbsup:

We had an unusually sticky day here, for us anyway. It's normally quite dry so any real heat or cold never feels so bad. But oi, we had over 53% humidity today . . . needless to say the fans were running here too! But it's cooled off nicely now, sleeping will probably not be too bad.

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and nowhere near so hot. Which is good since I really want to putter about in the yard for the afternoon without turning into a gooey puddle. ;)

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:30 pm

It is 11:28pm PDT and tomorrow I have to work again. :roll: Ryan will be home enjoying his day off while I am slaving away at work. :P I have to work through to Wednesday before a day off and then we are off to Seattle to meet up with Mungo and spend the rest of the day with him. :D I love meeting TORCers!! :D :thumbsup:

Hey Scribbles did he bring home the maps yet?
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:59 pm

7:58 PM CDT. Still coming to you from the library. *sigh* Still haven't found the problem. And I've really done a search. I can log in fine from here, but my home computer just won't let me connect. :(

Remember Fangface?

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:32 pm

It is 9:30pm PDT and home from work!! :yippie: Only two more days till I have another day off. I have worked everyday since last Monday and I am starting to wear out!!!

CR I am sorry that you are still unable to get online at home on your comp. :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:53 pm

Vanaladiel wrote:Hey Scribbles did he bring home the maps yet?

It's 10:55 pm MDT and no, he didn't and now he's gone off to work again . . . :angry: But he asked me several times to call him Wednesday and remind him to bring the map book home again (which I did last Wednesday :roll: ) I swear, if he walks in the door this coming week without that book, I'll send him straight back to the yards. =:)

Well, it's been an intersting day. We woke up to no power and it wasn't a failure on the grid, but somewhere in the service line between the street and our house. This could cost us money . . . :shock:

*sigh*

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:42 pm

Oh Scribbles that sucks!! We got up to no power on Thursday because of the heavy use of power for the fans and air conditioners in our area due to the high temps. Many were without power for several hours. I showered and got ready for work in the dark. Not that the sun wasn't up but our bathroom has no outside windows. :roll: I was amazed at work to see that I got my hair decent for work even having to do it in the dark. I pull it up for work.

WE had power at work since it is on a different power grid. Also we had power by the time I got home from work that evening.

I hope he remembers the maps. I know that elenath is getting anxious to know the dates that you will be here in the area. So is Elengil!! I mean we are too but they are as excited as we are. :D

It is 10:42pm PDT!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby b5c » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:06 pm

It's 11:05

@Vana you didn't get power on Thursday? That s odd we never had a problem and were only a few blocks away.
b5c
Citizen of Imladris

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:27 am

Vana.. at least you can use the water when your power is out.. ours is pumped from a well.. using electricity.. so if the power is out.. we have no water. :(

Scribbles.. I hope the problem isn't too serious. If you weren't digging/didn't call diggers hotline, and the problem isn't *in* your house, hopefully it won't cost you anything. Of course.. they might run things differently in Canada.

The super high temperatures haven't reached here... it's only been in the mid 80'sF (about 30C) but very humid. And we have had a lot of storms. Hubby worked 14 1/2 hours today.

3:26am I need to get to bed! I need to get up early & bake cookies for a camping trip the kids are taking.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:56 am

9:55 am MDT and we're getting a wonderful break from the heat with a day of cool, refreshing showers. Which is perfect timing, I finished the rock pad for the back gate just yesterday and the grass would have needed watering this evening. :)

Thanks Rose, I hope it's not serious either and I further hope that the failure is in the stretch of line on the City's easement and not on our property. But if it turns out to be our cost, we'll just call the insurance company and hope it's well over the deductible. ;)

Vana, I keep a couple of fat pillar candles handy just in case. Only our en-suite bathroom has a window, all our other bathrooms don't so a candle is not only functional, but fun. For the short term, of course, LOL.

SilverScribe

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:07 pm

3:06 PM CDT. Wow, Scribbles, that's rough. I hope it gets better for you. :hug:

Remember Fangface?

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:37 pm

I have several oil lamps strategically set around the house.. or on the wall as sconces that I use when the power it out. Sometimes it seems so 'lit-up' when the power is out neighbors have accused us of having power ('cause hubby works for the power company). Good luck Scribbles.. and YAY! you are finally getting rain! :D

*rosie dances in Scribbles rain*

4:37pm & sunny here.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Tarina » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:45 pm

We have a couple flash lights placed strategically around the house in case of a power outage. And luckily for us, unless it's something actually inside the condo that's causing the issue, any power outage is the fault of either the HOA or the power company. And joy of joys, if the power does go out we are on the "priority" list to get our power back since mom has to hooked up to either battery power or wall power in order to keep her LVAD working. Of course, if all the batteries are charged she's got about two days worth of power in the batteries. Not to mention the emergency back up pack that has 12 hours of power. And then there's the car adapter, so we could in theory hook her up to the car like a cell phone. :rofl: Although if the power was expected to be out for a long period of time we would probably just pack up some of mom's stuff and bug my inlaws or other inlaws to let her hang out at their house. :P Both are on different grids from each other, and both are serviced by a different power company than the condo.

It's 4:45 pm MDT, and I've got one more session tonight in a couple hours. And I need to switch laundry at some point. But not right now I think.
Tarina
Ringbearer

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:37 pm

7:37pm.. Tornado warning.. it will be expiring soon... :)
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:46 pm

It is 6:42pm and I am home from work. One more day and then I get a day off. :yippie:

We had power the same day as it went out but I do not know what time it came back on. Yeah I can use the hot water till it runs cold. Then I would have to wait for power to heat more up.

Ryan and I have been talking, with all the oil lamps we have for camping I am going to set up a plant pole in the house with several lamps hanging from it ready to use. It should be fun!!! I have candles everywhere too but did not wish to light any with the short time I had for getting ready. I mean, its not like I wear make up or anything. :D I have flashlights in strategic places too usually but had been camping not that long ago so had not placed them back where they should have been. :whistle:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive