What time is it? Third time!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:26 pm

Cold water is better than no water. Trust me.. when there is no water the toilets really start to smell even just overnight... :|

The lantern idea sounds fun Vana!

9:26pm
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:32 pm

I totally understand hon!!! I have lived with outhouses and all. Yes plumbing with power and all the amenities are wonderful!!! :D

It is 7:32pm PDT
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:29 pm

It's 10:28 pm MDT and I'm heading to bed. Didn't get a lot of sleep last night (my own fault, don't ask :roll: ) so I need to catch up tonight. ;)

Luckily, our hot water tank is heated with natural gas, so even with no power, we still have water, both hot and cold.

Hmmm, I was contemplating buying a little oil lamp in the early spring and totally forgot about it when the whole fractured wrist thing happened . . . LOL. I also have a few flashlights about, but I love candle light . . . ;)

Rose, LOLOL! But of course your husband would have your house hooked up to some sicrit power supply!! :lmbo:

Okay, g'night . . .

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:33 am

It is 9:32am PDT. Finally up and done checking on things I needed to before coming in this morning. I have about a half hour till I must be getting ready for work, I get tomorrow off but will be rushing off to Seattle to meet up with Mungo from Alaska. I cant wait to hug that silly man who travels so much. :D I am hoping the weather holds for another couple of days so we can go to Pikes Place Market and perhaps a huge park for a sidewalk picnic!! Its not often I get to go play in Seattle just for the fun of it!!! ;)

Then come Monday or Tuesday Idril will be coming up and spending a few days with us. I cant wait!!! I have not seen her since our wedding. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:14 pm

4:13 PM CDT. Still posting from the library. I hope there weren't any real tornadoes there, Rose.

Cuuuuute!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:59 pm

CR... thank you.. no, although one was spotted north of here quite a ways.. it was mostly just 'wind sheer' showing up on the radar & no touch downs. :) 'Tis the season though, hey?

Scribbles.. we keep that 'sicrit' power source.. well.. sircit.. and we keeps it safe, precious... lol

4:49pm.. time to get supper going!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:19 pm

8:17 PM CDT. I'M IN! I finally solved my sign-in problems by resetting Internet Explorer. And I don't have to go to the library anymore! YAY! :yippie:

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:31 pm

7:30 pm MDT and HUZZAH CR!!!! See? See?? We told you it was something needed resetting, precious . . . :D . . . LOL . . .

On a sadder note, the wee birdies did not make it though two days and nights of sporadic storms and bouts of heavy rains. Not to mention that it was barely +9C this morning . . . poor bairns . . .

*sigh*

:(
SilverScribe

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:34 pm

Oh, no! I'm sorry to hear that, Scribbles. Poor birds! 8:33 PM CDT.

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:55 pm

8:55 pm MDT and yeah . . .

I went back to check again a while ago and mamma was gone and the poor mites left there. So I gently collected them and buried them at the back fence of the spare lot. *sigh*

I am determined now to put up some birdhouses on our garden fence. :)

Time now for sleepies . . . I desperately need an early night.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:58 pm

CR.. congrats! I'm glad it's up & running.

Scribbles... I'm really sorry. I hope the bird houses help. You can get gourds & such too.

I think I'll make it an (earlier than usual) night too.
9:58pm
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Calma » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:06 pm

Cock-Robin wrote:8:17 PM CDT. I'M IN! I finally solved my sign-in problems by resetting Internet Explorer. And I don't have to go to the library anymore! YAY! :yippie:

:yippie:
Great news, CR...
Now go get that horsey shield.

8:06 pm TORC time...
Image My Very First LOL

Funny Animal Month in the TVM!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

Let's hope for a better result next year

SOUNDERS!!!

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Tarina » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:20 pm

It's 9:20 pm MDT, and I'm done with work. :D

Now I need to walk the dog, load and start the dishwasher, and take a shower. Joy. :roll: :P

Tonight for dinner we went to a chinese restaurant, and Wiggles shared my dinner with me. Which is fairly normal for us. I got lemon chicken, ham fried rice, and a few other things. I put some rice in front of Wiggles, and she ate a little bit. Then I put bite size pieces of lemon chicken in front of her. She started playing the "how many of these can I stuff in my mouth at the same time game" after tasting the first piece. :lmbo: She got about six or seven pieces in there before she decided she couldn't fit any more in and still be able to "chew" what was in there with her two teeth. :rofl: She is a lot like Lan in some respects, and he laid claim to the "stuff your face" trait, but I wasn't called Chipmunk Cheeks when I was little because I had naturally chubby cheeks.
Tarina
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:33 am

9:33 am MDT and man alive, getting an early night was just what the doctor ordered, I actually felt human when the alarm went off this morning. ;)

Tarina!! :lmbo: :lol: Wiggles certainly sounds like the happiest of babies, thanks for sharing so many wonderful bits with us! :D

Ooookay, back to work for this Scribe.

Rose, did you get to bed 'earlier than usual' too? Hmmmmmm????? =:)

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:01 pm

Scribbles.. I went to bed shortly after 1:00am.. which is quite early for me. :D Several times in the last week I didn't get to sleep until 3 or 4:00am. Terrible, I know. I am gradually TRYING to get back to.. oh.. say.. maybe 11:30pm. I get & out walk usually after dark (no one has to see me huffing & puffing with my hand weights and ratty work-out clothing) and besides.. I usually wait until after at least 10:00pm because of the mosquitoes being so bad. But after walking I am wide awake. I should also stop drinking my green tea by 2:00pm. Hmm.. that's right about now, isn't it? :P

I guess I'll make a pot of decaf...

Tarina.. little ones are just a wonderful bunch o fun, aren't they? Enjoy them!

2:00pm
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:34 pm

1:30 pm MDT and Rose, LOLOL, of course you know that exercise boosts your metabolism? Which will definitely leave you wide awake. Maybe try moving your workouts to noon . . . and never mind if folks see you with weights and ratty work out clothes. If they have half a brain they'll admire your workout determination and if they don't then their opinion isn't worth worrying about. (How can you tell I'm one of those people who when determined to do something, doesn't give a rat's behind what other folks think of them? =:) )

;)

Which reminds me, being short of sleep has blown my own workouts out the window. Time to get back to that . . . carefully of course since the left wrist is still mending some . . . ;) :D

SilverScribe

Postby rwhen » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:04 pm

1:05 pm

HEY CR, that is great news. Glad you got it all sorted out and can use your home computer again. :D:D:D

:hihi: Just a drive by shout out as I head by into my day at work.

Laters.

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:09 pm

*runs in*

TIME TO GO HOME!!!

wooooo-hooooo!

4:10 pm

*runs out*
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:02 pm

4:02pm
Time to wash the dog!

Poor thing thinks she is being punished because I am not allowing her out in the yard today.. but I put weed & feed on the lawn yesterday & it has to rain before I allow her out on the grass. And it looks like it's going to rain up a storm tonight.. so, maybe tomorrow she'll be able to romp in the grass.

RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:51 pm

5:50 pm MDT and it looks like the Utility folks were here today. We have a 3 x 2 ft (hot pink) spray paint marked area to excavate, far smaller than I expected thank heaven. It must be on our property since they marked the place but left it for us to dig up . . . however I read the fine print on the instruction sheet they left us, and only the "civil work" is what we pay for. i.e. any digging, trenching or excavating. Since we don't need a trencher, I think this is only going to cost us some sweat n' swearing, LOL. ;) The utility company does the labour and supplies any needed materials "at no cost to the homeowner." Yep. I like the sound of that. :D

Hmmm, must think about supper soon . . .

SilverScribe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:13 pm

Scribbles.. I hope you get it all fixed up without too much hassle. I thought this sounded a lot different from the way things are handled here.. so I asked hubby. He said it varies depending upon the electric company & what arrangements they have. Here, they repair anything up to the house. I would think they would worry about homeowners further damaging the line/cable by digging it up.

ANYWAY.. I hope it is fixed soon!

We had homemade Italian sausage sandwiches for supper (I made lots of them yesterday) with a tomato/mushroom/pepper sauce. With Provolone, Romano & Mozzarella cheese. Yum. And brussels sprouts and cantaloupe.

It's getting ready to storm here...
7:11pm
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Tarina » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:43 pm

It's 6:45pm MDT, and we just finished dinner. Well, actually, Wiggles is still working on her pot roast and cheesy noodles. And washing them down with Tang. :D And apparently dropping her cup on the floor, which means she's done eating.

The past couple days she's been practicing her "parade" wave. Up until now she's waved by curling her fingers into her palm. She now moved to twisting her wrist. It's so cute! And then she claps when she's done. :P
Tarina
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:44 pm

9:43 PM CDT. I hope it gets fixed for you soon, Scribbles. I had a very exhausting day at work and have tomorrow off. Boy, do I need it!

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:17 pm

9:17 pm MDT and I'm heading for bed soon . . . another early night like last night and I think I'll be somewhat caught up on my sleep . . .

Thanks Rose, CR. Hubby will phone tomorrow, he's being stroppy about getting exact instructions . . . :roll: Me? I'd just dig the danged hole where they marked and then phone 'em up and tell 'em to come do their thang. But that's me . . . ;) :P

Rose, I don't think they worry since the line has failed anyway, but they did tell us approximately how deep we'd need to go, so we'll be careful.

One good thing about this is that I'll have an excellent idea of how deep our services really are for when I plant shrubs and trees at the end of the month . . . :D

SilverScribe

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:55 am

10:54 AM CDT. A glorious day off! And I'm going to enjoy it to the hilt.

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:53 pm

Well I am home from work today and had a terrific day yesterday in Seattle!! :yippie: Mungo is a great guy!! We had so much fun. We picked him up at the airport about 10:50am and then headed into Seattle. We went to Pike's Place Market and walked about. He even got to see the fish throwing at the Fish Market there!!! :D

The Music store Ryan wanted to go to has moved. :( They no longer have a store in Seattle that we could find. They had one at the Pikes Place Market for many years. Then we took Mungo to meet the Troll under the bridge. He honestly thought it was not real or that it might have been just a mirror..... but he now BELIEVES!!! He had seen him and even taken pictures of us all with him. :D :twisted: Then we went to Dusty Strings another music store in the Fremont area of Seattle. We bought another penny whistle to replace the one that Ryan broke of mine.

We proceeded to go to Dick's for burgers for lunch. Double Deluxe burgers with homemade french fried and milkshakes. Soooooooo good!!! A real legend in Seattle. :thumbsup:

We went to the Arboretum to eat our lunch and the guys took a walk around the ponds there. Very serene and beautiful. It was such a nice day and everyone was there using canoes and kayaks on the ponds. The ponds are full of lily pads, all in bloom. Mungo had his camera and was taking photos.

Then we decided to go to the Japanese Gardens there at the Arboretum. Oh my they are magnificent!!! The Koi are about 4 feet long and vivid orange, blue, cream and variations of those colors. The scales were huge and I can see now that Japanese paintings of Koi are not cartoonish at all but just how they truly look! There were red ear slider turtles there as wel both swimming with the Koi and sunning on the rocksl. The gardens were created in 1960 and have been maintained with the donations that folks pay to get in and see the gardens. They have a regular tea ceremony daily and we got to see some of it. The Pagodas and the trees and flowers were so unique. They had created a stream that ran down the middle of the garden with a few waterfalls along it. I want a garden like that to enjoy. Ryan promised we will go back often. :thumbsup:

Finally we decided to find a pizza joint where we could just sit and talk for the evening. Of course in looking for one we got stuck in rush hour traffic in Seattle. :roll: It was grid lock!!!

We finally found a place called Stellar Pizza and Ale House or something like that. It was kind of a cross between a biker hangout and an alternative place. Actually kind of fun to see the folks that visited it. :D We had a great talk and have decided that Mungo is going to try to come back for Scribble's visit and our barbecue moot!! :yippie:

We dropped him off back at the airport at 9:00pm and headed home since both Ryan and I had to be at work early today. I felt bad leaving him there. I wanted to just bring him home and keep him here with us! I know he will come back soon!! He is a great guy and a lot of fun!!

Well it is 6:52pm and I am home once more this evening. Doing laundry and planning dinner! ;)
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:33 pm

8:34 pm MDT and my weekend juuuust might start tonight . . . ;)

Hubby wants to do a road trip and since the new Build has just gone into Production yesterday, it's relatively quiet at work so an excellent time to grab a day off. :D We may take in the Lakeland Country Fair up in Lac la Biche, or Lacombe Days (a small local fair) in Lacombe, AB. :D

CR, I bet you enjoyed the day off to the hilt and heck, probably the whole danged blade and the sheath to boot!! :D

Vana, it sounds like you had a fantastic time in Seattle with Mungo! Thanks for the great summary! It would be wonderful if Mungo manages a return trip in late August too, which reminds me, hubby DID bring his Map Book home so this weekend, we'll be poring over routes and a calendar . . . ;)

SilverScribe

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:40 pm

Yep, I enjoyed it. Too bad it's over. The good times go so fast. 9:40 PM CDT.

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:53 pm

Yes days off do not last near as long as days at work!! :P

It is 7:51pm PDT I have one more day then I get another day off!! :clap: :yippie: I cant wait!!

Yes we did have a great time. Ohhhh please get me the dates or about dates as soon as possible so that I can see what I can do. I know that it will be tough the last two weeks of August because Josh is gone to Hawaii for his Honeymoon but I will do what I can!! :thumbsup: Perhaps it will work out perfectly then. But early September might be even better if you can make it the weekend after Labor day since that is when your hubby wishes to be a certain place.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:03 pm

That's great, Vana! I work tomorrow, then get Saturday off. It'll be good to be online with you. 10:03 PM CDT.

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive