What time is it? Third time!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:19 am

It's about time for me to go to work as well. Have a good day, Scribbles. I added to the Google Doc, I tried last night and in the middle of it, everything went haywire.

10:19 AM CDT.

Estes Park, Colorado

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Tarina » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:25 am

It's 12:25 pm MDT, and I've done my first session of the new module. Which no one showed up to because the classes just barely started. :P I've got two more sessions today to do, and I'll be sending intro emails to the instructors, some of which I've worked with before and some I haven't, and then start sending out mass emails to students. Yay! Another four weeks of being a professional nag. :P ;)

Some random numbers associated with my job over the past four weeks:
6 courses with a total of 16 classes between them, 22 hours a week spent in sessions, a total of 2457 emails, and a total of 365 phone calls. :shock:
Tarina
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 am

12:30 pm MDT and holy catfish Tarina, those are some stats!!

Thanks CR, and I hope today goes easy and fast for you too. The Google additions are fab, I've replied as well. ;)

Must wolf down lunch and then back to the grindstone . . .

:D:D:D
Last edited by SilverScribe on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby rowanberry » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:36 am

21:35 EET.

Hey, finally a Sunday off for CR! 8) Hope all the loonies are still recovering from yesterday and won't come to bother you today. Sorry to hear about your computer woes, though. :(
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:22 pm

8:21 pm MDT and wondering how CR is making out with both work and his computer problems. Thinkin' on ya buddy and hoping things are smoothing out. :)

It's going to be a quiet evening and an early night for me. After the hectivity of the past two weeks and weekends, my brain could be legally classified as a vegetable . . . ;) :P

SilverScribe

Postby Calma » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:50 pm

7:50 pm TORC time... :D

Just hangin' and watching my M's play the Royals.

Have a good evening...

On Vacation InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 71
:x Losses: 53

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:25 am

It is 10:25am PDT and I am getting ready for work.

Had a great 4th of July with family at my sisters cabin. Had two days off with everyone. It was very nice.

The weather here is finally decided to be summer. This last month or so had been well under our normal temps by about 10 degrees but starting today we will be setting temp records in the 80s and 90s. I am going to be loving this. Unfortunately I have to work all week and weekend. :roll: Figures when we get nice weather I don't have any time off to enjoy it. :rofl:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rowanberry » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:27 am

20:26 EET. I'm watching some thrushes hunt for worms in our back yard. That's a positive point in using the daughter's computer; on the one I'm usually on, I can't see out of the window without turning. 8)

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

rowanberry

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:44 pm

2:43 PM CDT. Well, I'm having somebody over Thursday morning to fix the computer and wipe out that virus that is keeping me from here. I'm posting from the library. Not as good as when I post from home.

Estes Park, Colorado

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Tarina » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:31 pm

CR, nothing is quite as good as posting from home.

Can I say that I absolutely adore Lan? I don't think he understood what he was getting into when he married me, but he's been amazing. We don't have one child with one on the way, we have two children with one on the way. One, of course, being Wiggles and the other being my mom. She's that uncomfortable cross between a teen who can't drive yet and a toddler who can't/won't do anything to help around the house. Part of it is the fact that she's still on some restrictions. For instance, she's not allowed to lift anything over 6 pounds. The other part is I don't know what. Perfect example: last night she washed the pot and the spoon I used to cook the noodles for dinner in. But she didn't try and touch the dishes sitting on the counter from Wiggles and my dinners. (I had to work so I didn't have a chance to get them in the dishwasher.) Lan came home, saw them, and put them in the dishwasher before running it. Mom didn't say a word. Then there was the day when mom unloaded half the dishwasher, then stopped. Just like that and for no apparent reason.

And through it all Lan's been a trooper. He'll cart her laundry baskets up and down the stairs for her. When she needs to go to an appointment, or be picked up from one, if I have to work he'll do it no questions asked. And he also has to put up with me and my hormonal mood swings and Wiggles and teething/growth spurt she's going through right now.

Oh, and it's 4:30 pm MDT right now, and he's most likely either at the medical supply store to get some stuff that mom needs after picking her up from OT and Cardiac rehab, or else they're on their way home from the store.
Tarina
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:19 pm

7:20 pm MDT and Tarina, of course you're allowed to tell the entire world what a treasure your hubby is! If good help is hard to find, a good, helpful man is too and it sounds like Lan is the best of both. Your children are very lucky little people to have two wonderful parents. :thumbsup:

CR, good news about the computer, and even though it's not as good as posting from home, it's still great to see you posting! Hope the repair is fast, easy and not too hard on the wallet. I'll keep everyting but my fingers crossed for ya. ;)

I really should go do a few chores, or even attempt to clear up some of the clutter in my office, but my Ambition Meter is standing stubbornly at a big fat zero.

:hihi: to Calma, Vana, rowanberry and anyone I missed.

SilverScribe

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:09 pm

It is 10:08pm and I am home catching up on some of my threads. I must work again tomorrow morning so will try to be on after work tomorrow evening after 5 pm PDT. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:20 pm

Tarina.. you certainly sound blessed with 'one of the good ones'. My hubby is one of those too. :love: Does your mother have Alzheimers?

CR.. I hope your computer is fixed soon. I know it's hard when you can't just sit down at your own computer at home & putter around.. but it is a nice service that the library provides. The local Sears store used to have public computer cubicles too (!!!) but that store went out of business. :(

Speaking of clutter.. our computer is in our extra bedroom. We have a desk in here.. and an extra bed/dresser for visitors. We have a Japanese student coming in August & this is where she will stay.. so I'd best get to cleaning this room up!

12:20am
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:23 am

9:21 AM CDT. Still at the library. The computer service doesn't come till tomorrow morning, and it's driving me nuts looking at my computer and knowing I can't use it. *sigh* At least last night being apart from the computer I was able to see a few DVD's. I saw Becket and Wall-E.

Estes Park, Colorado

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:18 am

12:17 pm MDT and on my way out to "mess about" in the garden over lunch. One of the perks of working from home in the summer . . . ;)

CR, one more day! I'll keep everything but my eyes crossed that your computer will be up and running by this time tomorrow with a minimum of fuss and bother. Hang in there. :)

:hihi: Rose, Vana and everyone!

SilverScribe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:11 pm

:hihi: Hi all!

CR, how were the movies? I haven't seen either of those.

Scribbles, enjoy your garden! We are supposed to get storms here.. it LOOKS like it's going to rain.. it FEELS like it's going to rain.. but it seems to be in a holding pattern of hot steamy-ness. Hopefully we will get the rain & it will pass tomorrow.

2:11pm
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:48 pm

1:45 pm MDT and I really should be working . . . :P :roll: =:)

I just saw the coolest thing though, and had to share . . . when I was outside in the next door empty lot earlier, I discovered a birds nest right ON THE GROUND!! With two teeny, tiny and very ALIVE little chicks in it!! I have no idea what type of bird builds on the ground, they're certainly not baby robins . . . *scratches head*

Now, the owner was just here on Sunday to cut down his waist high weeds, so I guess he must have exposed the nest. I'll bet the birdies were merely eggs at that point, but how lucky do they have to be that a man in big boots with a string mower missed them with both his feet and his machine? :shock: :D

They're utterly adorable too. I got a piccie, I'll try and get it up later. ;)

rushes out to work . . .

SilverScribe

Postby Tarina » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Rose, she's probably in the early stages of alzheimers, but trying to get her to get tested for it is a struggle. Right now she's up at the University Hospital 3 to 4 times a week for a combination therapy, rehab, blood tests, and/or actual doctors appointments. That doesn't include the visits to her primary doctor, the eye institute, or her hematologist. Long term stuff she's good with remembering, the short term not so much.

She scared me about 2 years ago when I got a call from one of her neighbors saying my mom had called over there at about 2am and wanted to know why the sun wasn't up yet. We made a special appointment to see her primary doctor where she said she was confused because she didn't know if there was supposed to be an eclipse or not. He did a couple basic tests, and she missed a couple things but not enough for him to be worried.

It's 1:50 pm MDT, and it's just about time for me to get back to work for another 2 hour session. And then I'm free for the rest of the day. With the exception of picking mom up from rehab, taking her to the store (she has a list), figuring out what we're doing for dinner, and bathing a Wiggles.
Tarina
Ringbearer

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:23 pm

Scribbles.. many birds that prefer to nest in trees will nest on the ground or in a 'thicket' if they find it suitable especially if a preferred site (tree) is not available.. even eagles, robins. Canadian geese typically nest on the ground. Are you near water?

Tarina.. :hug: It's got to be hard to see someone slip away like that.. and also frightening for your mother. From what I have heard, long term memory isn't affected the way recent, day-to-day memory is.

3:23pm. Storming.. and almost time to leave for a hair cut appointment.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Rose, yes we live right next to the river. :)

I didn't know Robins would nest on the ground, but I think these are some sort of little finch, if a quick glance at the mother is anything to go by. Definitely not a Robin but what sort of finch, I have no idea. Wee little and brown is all I know, LOLOL

It's 4:52 pm MDt and I've called it a day. Time to go putter in the yard a bit more before supper and a re-broadcast of the World Cup semi-final that was on earlier. And NO!! Dont' tell me who won!! ;)

Edited to Add @ 4:20 pm MDT: Mom was impossible to photograph, she's very tiny and very FAST. I'll try again later. But here's her wee ones:

Wee Birdies

Aren't they adorable?! I just hope no roaming cats or dog disturbs them.

:|
SilverScribe

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:23 pm

7:23 pm MDT and before I go get immersed in the re-broadcast of today's World Cup Semi final, I wanted to put up the piccie I managed to snap of the wee Mamma Bird . . .

Wee Mamma Birdie

Here she is . . . I only managed to catch her on her nest by creeping up ever so quietly and using as much ZoomZoom as my poor old digital could give me. To get an idea of how small she is, she's barely the length of my middle finger from beak to tail. I think she's a type of sparrow, but she's ever so much smaller and slimmer than the traditional sparrow or chickadee.

We have TONS o' trees in the river valley behind us, so it mystefies me why this bird would build a nest on what is pretty much open ground. Although to be fair, you can see where the nest was previously sheltered by a couple of huge dandelions, and a lot of tall grass . . . LOL.

SilverScribe

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:54 pm

It is 7:54pm PDT.

I love the wee birdies Scribbles!! They are very cute indeed!! I know that many years ago when I worked at the spa and pool of a resort that some birds built their nest under the wheel of my tent trailer. Lucky for them it was parked in its place for the summer for my job. We lived in it and didn't find it till the little ones were leaving the nest. :shock: It was also in the midst of the forest at a huge camp grounds. So there was no rhyme or reason for her to build it there unless she liked it low. I had never seen such a thing before. But it was fun to watch the babies running around and keeping them out of the road. :D My daughter was 9 at the time. :D

Let me know as soon as you can set some dates aside so that I can be sure to have time off hon. ;) Ryan said maybe we will make it an anniversary celebration at the same time.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:40 pm

11:40 pm MDT here and I really need to get my butt back to bed . . . I just realized that the computer was still on so I came back to shut it down and noticed that TORC is still up . . . :whistle:

Oh that's right Vana, your anniversary is in August! Well darlin', I've reminded hubby to bring his map book home so we can figure out where all we're going and how long it'll take. I'll surely let you know just as soon as I can. :)

Okay, to bed, perchance, to dream.

SilverScribe

Postby b5c » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:57 pm

10:54 PM PST it's hot and had his unemployment appeal today. Chances are I lost my case, but I wont know untill later this week. :(

Got a new book to read.

BTW Vana, my wife thought it would be a great idea to do a Lord of the Rings trivia pursuit game against you two. :)
b5c
Citizen of Imladris

Postby rwhen » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:22 am

7:20 am in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, USA, North America, Earth, The Milky Way...:D:D:D

Scribbles, I commented over on the Hello thread about the birdies, but indeed totally adorable. MAYBE it was easier for that little mama to make a nest on the ground with the available materials there...*shrugs*

And indeed, August would be awesome if you do manage to find your way down to the lower tier. ;)

Hey Vanadarlin'!! Many warm/cool hugs to you this day.

*runs off to work*

Bye for now.
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:22 am

A rwhen siting! Things must be looking up!

Scribbles.. too bad our trips could not have coincided. :/ *sigh*
Perhaps another time.

LotR Trivia! :D

10:22am
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:27 am

18:26 EET, and a thunderstorm heading our way so, I'll disappear for a moment.

rowanberry

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:05 am

Well, they came and cleared out all those nasty bugs,but I still can't log in on my computer. *sigh* It's the library for a while.

Estes Park, Colorado

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rowanberry » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:55 am

19:53 EET, and I'm back online.

I wonder what's still up with your computer, CR. :( Hope you can get it sorted out soon. :hug:

rowanberry

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:43 am

12:43 pm MDT and rowanberry, I think I'll soon feel your pain. ;)

We're in for a hot one today too . . . over +29C ( 84 F for you non-metric folks) :) which of course, begs the risk of thunderstorms later, probably just as I'm heading home. :shock: Thank heaven for an air-conditioned office today, though. LOL.

rwhen, hubby's fully aware of my desire to cruise the "lower tier" as it were. He wants to take me to Mt. St. Helens and a few other spots, so we just need to plan a route and see how the timing falls out. I reminded him again today to bring home his map book sooooo . . . ;)

Rose, I totally agree. *sigh* :D

b5c, hope the results are favourable. And you're brave taking on Vana and Guru in LOTR Trivia! Those two are gooooood. ;)

CR, did they clear all your Windows caches and reset your registry? Sometimes nasssty bugs leave things laying about that not all "clean up" software will catch. Hope you can get your 'puter up and running soon . . .

SilverScribe

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive