Sept in the TVM.... recruiting Males of Middle Earth!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Toby when you went to get your package, why did they not tell you that you had two packages that came? I mean do they like holding stuff in the office for their tenants? Why weren't they together in their storage so that when you came to claim them/it that they just pulled all that was delivered for you? Who the heck operates your office?? :? I mean it does not take a genius to know that if two came for you that two should be given to you. Even if you did not know that two were left. :shakes head: :roll:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby oldtoby » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:07 pm

LOL well, their "storage" is a pile of packages on the floor. I wouldn't expect them to remember something like that anyways. And Like I said I was only expecting one to come at a time, so when he grabbed the box i was like "ok cool, i reckon ill be back in a day or two to get my other package"

besides even if i was mad at them i couldnt get mad, after all they did renew my lease at the old rate rather than new more expensive rate, without me even asking. :wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:21 pm

That is cool!! But why did they not notice after a couple of days that a package was still there for you?? Any place I ever lived with leave a note on my door if they had something that I did not pick up within a couple of days. Just weird to me that they didn't tell you later that you had another one.

But I am glad that you got it!! :thumbsup:

How is work going dear?
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby oldtoby » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:31 pm

probably cause it was not that big a box and it got buried under other boxes. And theres only 2 people working as office/lease agents and only one is there at any one time.

Works fine, going along same as usual :)
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:39 pm

I am glad that you got your job back hon. :hug: I hope everything is picking up and looking up for you darling!!

Hey Calma we can plan a Moot in your back yard if you really want one? ;) :D :thumbsup:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Dubatuluk » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:23 pm

I just finished watching ROTK-for the first time from beginning to end since I saw it at the theater. I must say, seeing it without commercials really is so much better. :P

Well, g'night folks! I'm beat after a long day of nonstop coffee making. :zz:
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby heliona » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:28 am

Hiril Elfwraith wrote:
heliona wrote:
Hiril Elfwraith wrote:ETA: Mith, I did write it out on a Word document and saved it after the Internet decided to be nice to me, then pasted it in. :thumbsup:

I suppose I should be digging up some bribes...

Actually, it was me that suggested that. :)

:bang: Fixed now...terribly sorry. It was the sig that threw me off.

That's all right. :) My allegiance has changed as well, which probably contributed. :D Besides, it's probably the only time I'll be mistaken for MithLuin! :lol: I do take it as a compliment.
Image<-- Sir Gwaine representing the letter "G" in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Calma » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:54 am

Congrats on your win, Tooks. :D
Hey, $20 is $20, right?
And the way running shoes, any shoes for that matter, are going these days,
Well, I'll take the 20 bucks off any day of the week.

I just got my new work shoes yesterday.
They fit fine and are so comfy.
The shoes I wear at work they are really good,
But I don't recommend wearing them for anytime longer than a year.
My last pair were nearly 18 months old and they were out to kill me.

Dubs, the movie's a lot better without commercials AND the EE version.
TNT runs the theatrical version. :P
We rented the BluRay versions from Netflix and they were the theatrical ones.
I was sooo disappointed by that.
The scenery was spectacular, though.
Keep that coffee flowing, girlfriend.

How's that cold coming along, Hiril?
Hope you feel better soon.
My mom wouldn't let us stay home either, btw.

Any Moot in my back yard will have to wait until Spring or Summer.
It's too blinkin' cold and wet in Fall and Winter.

Oooo, t0bY, I love lava lamps.
What color is yours?

Just hangin' about today.
Doing laundry and watching the race.

Have a good Sunday/Monday, folks.

September is Breakfast Month in the TVM!!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 51 :D
LOSSES: 52 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby heliona » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:01 am

Calma wrote:We rented the BluRay versions from Netflix and they were the theatrical ones.
I was sooo disappointed by that.
The scenery was spectacular, though.

We bought the Blu-Ray versions a wee while ago when they were on offer and of course they are theatrical versions (I don't think they've brought out the Extended Editions on Blu-Ray yet). It was very odd watching FoTR (we haven't watched the others yet) - I haven't seen the theatrical version since it was out at the cinema and I was convinced that they'd added some bits! :lol: (Although I still suspect that the Blu-Ray editions have some random little bits added from the theatrical version ... I just haven't got round to checking.)
Image<-- Sir Gwaine representing the letter "G" in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby rowanberry » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:00 am

Congratulations, Tooks! 8)

I participated in a walking event today. 6.5 km (~ 4 miles) in less than an hour. I'm happy with it. :D

And tomorrow, it's time to open the red carpet for MoME...
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby heliona » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:09 am

rowanberry wrote:And tomorrow, it's time to open the red carpet for MoME...

Is it? Yikes!! I suppose I shall have to prepare my next post. :) (Although I do know what is going to happen in it ... sort of.) I am working all day tomorrow and Tuesday, so it may take a few days to get a post together. Thank goodness we've got the whole week. :D
heliona

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:47 am

rowanberry wrote:Congratulations, Tooks! 8)

I participated in a walking event today. 6.5 km (~ 4 miles) in less than an hour. I'm happy with it. :D

And tomorrow, it's time to open the red carpet for MoME...

:shock:

Holy guacamole! Where's Faramir?! I haven't even told him yet!!!

*runs off*

Breakfast. :D

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby oldtoby » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:13 pm

What color is yours?

I got this one
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Calma » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:09 pm

oldtoby wrote:
What color is yours?

I got this one

Oooo, nice one :D

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Lebasi » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:53 pm

*Arrives, colapses.* Too much homework, football and cloak making. I suppose that's not all too arduous though.

I will catch up tomorrow, I just don't haave time now after reading everything I missed.

Most of you can keep up with hectic jobs and the TVM and I can't even post regularly with only school...

I wouldn't be able to get to a moot in Calma's back garden. I'm kind of too young and I'vwe got school and I'm not sure my parents would be willing to take me that far anyway (I'm assuming you live in the US Calma, or at least not in the UK).

OK, maybe I will catch up after all, but I'll inevitably miss stuff out...

Nice lava lamp.

Oh, I should read MoME...

Those teenage body clocks, Hiril, jumbling up sleeping times. And hope your cold gets better soon.

OK, maybe I won't finish catching up after all...

*Sleeps*
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Calma » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:59 pm

Hey, Lebasi, Congrats on your first Horsey Shield.

Wo0t!
500 posts!

:thumbsup:

Yeah, not in the Uk.
West Coast US.
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Dubatuluk » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:57 pm

Well Calma, I thought I had the EE but since I bought it on Amazon Video on Demand it of course had to be the theatrical version. :roll: I decided not to get too upset about it. Three and a half hours of theatrical version after the day I had was almost too much. :lol: I will, however, get the EEs on DVD once I've been paid.

Wow, it is almost red carpet time! :shock: That's frightening. September just started...I thought. I guess two weeks of alternating coffee selling and supplement/health food selling almost non stop makes the month go faster. :P

Good job on the race Tooks! :D

Lebasi, it's okay you don't get in here often, it took me quite a bit to get in to the site when I first joined and I still go AWOL every now and then and have to catch up drastically.

SCHWEET lava lamp Toby. :D We used to have one of those. I'd sit and watch it for hours. Good times.
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby notlistening » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:18 pm

whoa, you guys have been posting up a storm. I did consider turning on the 'puter yesterday (as I leave it off unless I wants it) but could not summon enough energy.

Dubs, I love you Galadriel like post! very funny! :D:D:D See, you should be sponsoring someone at MOME!

Okay, monday now. Have to work...well have a meeting in 10 mins so will work after that.

Fell Beasts rule!
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:54 pm

Hiril, hmmmmm, sounds like you have a typically busy type life, but when you're sick, you do need rest. I'm sorry you're not getting to stay home to recuperate . . . on a brighter note, I'm loving your MoME stuff. Ya got good chops darlin'. *nods*

toby, how odd (and kinda lazy) that the office didn't think to put a note in your mailbox or something. :roll: Still, your lamp is no longer a hostage and it's ever so cool. I'll date myself terribly, but I remember when lava lamps came out the first time, LOLOL. We had one too, orange lava in yellow liquid, all held in a gold sparkly base. Egads. :D

Tooks, GO YOU!! Congrats on the win, fart or no farts. ;) :P:D

rowanberry, GO YOU TOO!! Man alive, am I the only one NOT getting any exercise today? :P:D

CONGRATULATIONS LEBASI!!! 500 posts and that Rohan Shield looks mighty fine on you. Don't worry about moots, most of us have been around a loooong time and if you and Hiril are anything the same, you'll be here long enough so that the time will come when age is no barrier. ;) Of course, by then you may have no interest at all in meeting a buncha old farts . . . ;) :D

poor nl, Monday already. ;) Hope it's an easy start to your week darlin'. Have you started thawing Boromir out yet? =:)

Well, the weather was spectacular yesterday, it got up to +27C with mixed sun and a bit of annoying cloud, but the Mustang's top was down for the whole cruise and the fall colours didn't dissapoint. :D We ended the day at one of the Mustang Gang's place for a nice BBQ, then cruised home and marvelled at how warm it still was.

Today dawned cloudy with the odd spit of rain, but it wasn't cold, it got brighter late this afternoon and managed to hit about +19C. Which, for this time of year, is decent enough. ;) And now, of course, the sun is beaming in all it's evening golden glory so we'll have a gorgeous sunset to end the weekend. Hubby is off for his last week of work with his present company, and is already moaning about "having to change jobs". Having to? No one forced you there bubba, if'n I recall correctly you quit . . . :roll:

Ack! I sooooooo want to work from home tomorrow, it's supposed to be +25C. But I have to go into the office, DANG!! No matter, the week is looking pretty good (except for Tuesday) so I think I'll do a little every evening and get the yard and gardens tidied up.

Oh!! And the Purple Bush has begun to bloom. Just a few flowers open as yet, but it's LOADED with buds so this week should see the start of Purple Fever, LOLOL. I have pictures but I'm too lazy to down load them just now. :P

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Morwenna » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:36 pm

Nice lava lamp! We have one just like that a few feet from the computer that's got purple wax.

Actually, we got 3 of them at a tag sale last year, and the jar in the silvertone base was the one with yellow wax in blue water. This jar was in the black base. And there's a different-style black base one as well which has green liquid and what looks like white wax. We took them out of the bases to box them to get them home, leaving the loose toppers on the jars as we found them at the sale. Hubby wasn't paying much attention when he picked the purple-wax one out of the box and set it into the silver base, even with the black topper. So when I saw what he had done, since the lamp was already turned on, I simply switched the toppers. We've never set the others up; they're still in the box. And come to think of it, since the parts are pretty much interchangeable, who's to say the way we found them at the sale was the way they were when bought? :)

And thanks for reminding me. I often forget to turn it on when I'm sitting here, and I love purple. :D

Congrats, Tooks, and get well, Hiril.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby notlistening » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:12 pm

Have you started thawing Boromir out yet?

Yep...he's thawed now. :twisted:

SKi legs all back to normal now.

Yah for da Tookster and her winning the race. That could be mighty handy in buying some MOME bribes...:D

Lava lamps are kinda hypnotic...

Fell Beasts rule!
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby Morwenna » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:36 pm

Congrats, Lebasi,on the Rohan shield! It feels like just yesterday I got mine... Actually, I was on here for a couple years before I got mine! But I got better... :D
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Frelga » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:02 pm

Well, after complaining all summer about the cold, I finally get to complain about the heat. Yes, it's late September. Yes, we got a heat wave. This whole year the weather is most unpunctual.

The highlight of my week was getting the blood test done. :roll:
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back... Can't say no forever right?"
―Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Calma » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:16 am

Mornin' all... :hihi:

Hope your week starts out well.
And I hope the inspectors are gone.

Have a good one, people...

Later

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:57 am

Holy gadzooks! Time for a new thread.

:shock:

Happy Monday (blah) to all except when it's Tuesday! We got rain today.

yea!!!

:D

Breakfast. :D

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Previous

Return to The Library - General Archive