Thread of Today V

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Thread of Today V

Postby telcontarian » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:09 pm

Wow, I just noticed that our previous thread is over the post limit!

So, I'm starting a new one. :D

To all our regulars, welcome back! To all our new posters, welcome, welcome! We're hoping to chase a few people out of hibernation too!

So, the name of the game is to start a post with "Today" and state something that you did today, and then generally go onto have a chinwag about anything you like. :D

*Begins to clear out the old thread and puts together a buffet to celebrate a shineh new *cough*spamming*cough* thread.* :D

So today, I started the new installment of the Thread of Today! :happydance:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:24 am

Today I have been watching more episodes of Angel and knitting baby shoes for a friend's newborn. He still doesn't have a name, but at least we now know it's a boy. The parents didn't want to know beforehand.

*puts homemade sushi on the buffet table for everyone*

Dig in! :D Just made these for lunch today.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:27 am

Have you seen the baby? Is he a wee cracker? :D

Hey, maybe we should hire out the Yo! Sushi conveyor belt for this place, what do you think?

Today, my dad picked up a Digital TV Antenna for my television as I need to have my own aerial for when I go to uni. But it didn't work, even though it is designed for televisions with Freeview, like mine. Is there a certain kind of aerial that I need to get? :?
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:27 am

Any normal aerial should be fine, if I remember correctly from when we had the switch-over. But then again I don't know anything about such things. Hope you can sort it out.

Yes, we should hire the YoSushi conveyor belt! :D

Today I found another job at a different uni to apply for. It always takes ages to fill out those forms though... Am almost done!

EDIT> BTW, I haven't seen the baby yet.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Yeah, I guess it doesn't really matter. Ah well, I'll take this one back and pick up another one.

That would be epic. :D Maybe all the Yo! Sushi restaurants can combine their conveyor belt and there can be a nationwide sushi delivery. :D We need to write to head office and propose this. :D

Good luck with the other job - applications are a pain, but if you get the job, then it is all worth it in the end. :)

Today, my foot has been quite sore. I realised that the steroid injection I had over five weeks ago must have worked slightly, but not enough to get rid of the pain completely. I will phone my podiatrist tomorrow and see if he is willing to put me down for the operation, but I read these posts by several people saying that the operation (in some cases) left them in bad shape. I'll link it here. Btw, the thing I have is Morton's Neuroma - a trapped nerve between the bones in my foot which hurt like the blazes when I walk - so you can keep up with what's being discussed. :)

http://www.steadyhealth.com/post_operat ... 77115.html
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Lebasi » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:46 pm

Today I considered posting here and, it would appear, decided I would. Hello.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby telcontarian » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:51 pm

Hey, Lebasi! Good to meet you. We hope that you'll stick around. :D

Today, I am attempting to pack some of my clothes away, but my best friend is just back from Bosworth where she saw a re-enactment of the Battle of Bosworth (but hopefully without all the bloodshed. :P) and are planning a catch-up during the week. :D
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:00 pm

Hello Lebasi! We haven't met yet so it is good to meet a new face here. :)

Today work wasn't too bad and the weather has been great too, so I am sort of looking forward to tomorrow. Or at least I don't mind too much. We had nothing to do most of the time so I started a list for Christmas shopping. :lol:
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:39 pm

Christmas! :Q It's August!! *Twitches* :P

The weather here was awful today - it just wouldn't stop raining, it was torrential all day.

Today I got to chat to my best friend on the phone. I'm still really worried about her. Doctors found an abnormality in her smear test last month and she had to get part of her cervix biopsied. Now, she has to get internal laser treatment next week. :( I'm hoping that this will be the end of it after the laser treatment.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:47 pm

:shock: That's scary. Hope it all goes well and it's nothing serious! *fingers crossed*

Well, last year I had already bought the first Christmas present in August, but that was an exception. But I love Christmas as you know. I have so many presents to ship to Germany that I have started thinking of things to get everyone. I will also need topost them a bit sooner, but I won't buy most of the gifts yet. Also, the list helps me plan how much I will have to spend.

Today I think I had too many meatballs with my pasta.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:54 pm

I'm eating homemade potato salad at the moment. :D It's delicious, but also quite heavy.

My friend is only 25, so she is really young to be getting hit with this, but she is really strong too. She just wants everything over and done with and is looking forward to going back to university so she can have a bit of normality back in her life.

Yes, it does help to plan ahead, especially when there are so many things being sent abroad. I'm hopefully going to travel back up for Christmas and New Year and spend it with my family and friends. My friend is also planning a New Year's party up at hers, which will be fun. :D

Today I have been sent several links to bands that my friend recommended I check out. I'm going to be very busy tonight. :lol:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:58 pm

Today I am checking people's amazon wishlists to get ideas for gifts. I think it will be tough to find something for my grandma! Last year I made her a photo album that she loved. Not sure what to do this time. I don't want to spend as much as I did that year though. All of it was pretty expensive at the time.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Picking presents for family is really tough, and grandparents in particular... I was thinking a hamper, but it would be quite expensive to gather the things together and then the postage on top of that. Bath/candle sets are also nice, but they do get sent around a lot... Does she like jewellery?

Today I feel very full and am glad that I'm not going for a bath as I would probably sink to the bottom. :lol:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:55 pm

I did a hamper for my parents last year and it cost a fortune. :shock: In the end the postage cost me twice as much as all the contents! I will have to look around for something suitable for my grandma, I think. I am sure something will grab my attention if I keep my eyes open. Thanks for the suggestions.

Today the day at work wasn't even that bad. One of my two colleagues was ill, but you didn't notice from the little work we had to do. It was very relaxed and I had time to do things like look up places where I might ask for a job. ;)
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Lebasi » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:18 am

Hello. If I don't post for ages, don't blame me, blame the Uruk-Hai...

We haven't started Christmas shopping yet. But then I wouldn't be doing it anyway my mum would. I haven't experienced the difficulties of choosing presents yet. We have to get a lot though because my mum was one of thirteen children so I have lots of aunties uncles and cousins.

I hope your friend's laser treatment goes well telcontarian.

Today I sewed the lining to the cloak that I'm making.

[/list]
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:24 am

Today I got very wet on the way home, especially all over the back because that's where the hard rain came down. :short: Didn't seem so bad from the front, really.

I had Chinese for dinner, having chosen something that usually causes my gallstones to act up, but I couldn't resist any longer. Last time I had this dish was over a year ago! I just had to have it now and I hope I will be okay.

Lebasi, what colour is your cloak?

BTW, here is a link to a video from work. I am in it too. :D
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks, Lebasi. :) Call me Tari, by the way. Telcontarian's a bit of a mouthful.

I seen my friend today in the first time in nearly two months - she was a lot quieter than normal, but she looks really good. Our friend's mum also had laser treatment - it was used to burn away pre-cancerous cells before they developed into cancer, so I think that this is what my friend has too. I hope that the laser treatment will be the end of it, though. :)

Today, along with meeting up with my friends, we also went to the park with a few cans of ciders. :whistle:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:38 pm

Today I had a bit of an argument with my teamleader who tried to force me to do something I didn't want. It wasn't important for the job at hand either. In the end she asked if somebody else wanted to do this, "someone who actually wants to do their job". That was very hurtful - she is always bossy and displaying an ill temper in the manner of a cranky female canine - and it upset me so much I had to lock myself in the toilet for a bit. :shock: I should probably discuss this with her tomorrow, though I really don't want to. But then it would be best to clear the air, I guess.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Well, I'm back

Postby Yavannië » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:50 am

Today I had a chat with my dear friend Mouse of Mordor, and we got to reminiscing the good old times on Torc. So, I had had had to come for a quick visit. Man I've missed this place! <3

Tari, Silwen, cheers! :drink:
Good to see that you've kept Thead of Today alive.

EDIT: I just checked, and the last time I was online was in July 2009!! :shock:
Yavannië
Ranger of the North

Postby telcontarian » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:59 am

Silwen: I hope that everything went all right. It's not nice if you have to work with someone that you don't see eye-to-eye with. Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent. :hug:

ANIIIIIIIIIIIIII! :glomp:

Hey, didn't we have an emoticon for glomp? Did someone steal it? :Q

Anyway, great to have you back! :hug:

Now all we need to do is drag Min and Mouse back in here. :evilaugh:

Edit: Today I am watching old episodes of an anime that I used to watch when I was a wee girl: Cardcaptors. :D

JULY 2009? Are you kidding me? :Q
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:52 am

Well, I didn't actually discuss it with her face to face, but I did put everything down in an email the day before and sent that to her. I warned her beforehand that I would do so. Of course, as I suspected, she ran straight to the manager with it because it upset her. :roll: I thought we could leave her out of that, but no. The manager wanted us to discuss everything in her presence, but I declined because I was still far too upset at that moment and by now I think there is no point. We can still work together without a problem so no need to bring it up. It may be awkward for a few days, but that's about it. For my part, I think we are even now.

Today, in better news, I went to Yo!Sushi (spent loads there again :shock: ) and then went shopping. Found some lovely new shoes I had been trying to find for years. Also bought some other essentials, but I mostly like the shoes. I also wanted to get some comfy shoes, but they only came in colours I didn't like. I will try to get them later this weekend. :D Happy days.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Lebasi » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Glad it's going to work out OK (I think) with your team leader Silwen.

Hello Yavannie. I came and invaded with my newness. :)

Today I came back from visiting relatives and my watch broke even though I only replaced the batteries fairly recently.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby telcontarian » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Silwen: The girl is obviously very mature. :roll: I hope that it goes okay now that the air is sort of cleared.

Lebasi: That sucks about your watch!

Today I went to a Robbie Williams tribute night in our local nightclub with my mum and one of my best friends. It was really good, though only lasted an hour. I think my mum was slightly terrified of our friend, though she has known him for years. He is a maniac on the dancefloor! :D
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby GandalfStormcrow » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:05 am

Edit: Wrong thread...sorry, y'all.
GandalfStormcrow
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:36 am

Today I have no time to read up on the threads, sorry. Our computer decided to die on us and until now I couldn't get online. It is fine now that I have uninstalled AVG, oddly. Let's hope that was the only issue.

Anyway, at work everything seems fine again. :)
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:48 am

We had Kaspersky Anti-Virus ages ago and it put I dread to think how many viruses onto all three of our computers just by installing the darn thing! :Q

Today I am still getting stuff in for university - I only have a few bits and bobs to pick up now. Just over two weeks until I move. :Q:Q
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:35 am

Today I came back from the Isle of Wight. And today I found 15 copies of my book in my letter box. :D
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:57 am

Wow, how exciting! Congrats! :D

Are copies on sale for me to buy now? :D

Today, I am still recovering from a two hour tattoo yesterday. It is still painful when I move my wrist which is a little unusual as none of my previous tattoos hurt longer than half an hour after getting done. :shock: It is very pretty, though. :)

So how did you enjoy the Isle of Wight? How long were you away?
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:46 am

Today I found out that the new guy at work is a PhD student of literature. :D Finally someone I can talk to about the subject!

Tari, I was away from Friday till Monday, so not too long. It was an okay holiday, though half of it was frustrating and annoying because nothing seemed to go as planned and there was nothing to do. It was very nice to be at the beach again though even if the weather was bad most of the time.

I checked if my book is already available on the publisher's site, but it isn't on there yet. I suppose they are still waiting for reviews to come in.

What's the tattoo of? Is it one of the butterfly tattoos?
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:06 am

How wonderfully geeky. :D Think of all the interesting conversations you two will have. :D

Holidaying in the UK can be really frustrating like that: not knowing what the weather will be like is the major issue. Though I'm sure that it was nice to get away for a while. :)

Yes, I got the butterfly tattoo on my wrist redone. I wanted it covered up, but it wasn't possible so the tattoo artist redone the butterfly and added cherryblossoms round about it and grey-ish swirly lines to represent branches. It's really bright and colourful, I love it.

Today, my aunt came down from Aberdeen yesterday to visit but ended up in hospital. She fractured a bone in her back last month and it spasmed and she fell. She cut her knees, hand and face and had to stay in hospital overnight because she is taking a lot of medication, including one which thins the blood. I think she is supposed to get out today.
telcontarian
Mariner

Next

Return to The Library - General Archive