Thread of Today V

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby tarathiel » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Today TLP has developed a passion for chewing socks :roll:

TPoG and D are still quite angry at me for bringing a monster into their nice quiet lives :twisted:
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:05 am

Today I am alone at home because Mark is off to visit his parents for an early Christmas. We were going to go together, but since I am ill and can't leave the flat for a while, I have to stay here. :( No Christmas dinner for me.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:19 pm

Yay for the shineh new laptop! Hope you feel better soon, Silwen.

Today, I am home for two weeks. Arrived on Friday and was very lucky too with the temperamental weather! My parents also put up a Christmas tree while I was lying in bed this morning. Have to admit, it is sorta nice. :P

P.S. Thanks for the card, Silwen. :D
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:09 am

You're welcome! I was wondering if it had arrived. :D

Today I am wondereing whether to see the doctor again or not. She said to do so if I wasn't getting better, and I am not sure if I am or not. I am still coughing a lot, especially in the mornings and at night, but there has probably been some little improvement. I just can't tell for sure!
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:39 am

Silwen, it sounds like the exact same virus that I had. :( I'm still coughing a little, even after three weeks. Get well soon! :hug:

Today I should really clean the house or do something productive other than eat chocolate... :whistle:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:45 am

It seems to be going round at the moment. Did you take anything for it or justt wait it out?

Today I'm watching some episodes of House because Mark picked up his brother's recordings. At least I have something to keep me occupied now. :)
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:50 am

Just had to wait it out, unfortunately. Doctor gave me a prescription for antibiotics but he was most helpful in noting that "they probably won't do anything" because it was most likely a virus, so I never even bothered picking them up.

Today I am still humming and hawing over what to get my parents for Christmas. I seen a too good to be true two day break away in Inverness in February which would coincide with my mum's birthday. It's a three star hotel with gym and swimming pool and is £39 per night reduced from £175. :shock: Dad says she probably wouldn't go. :roll:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:36 am

Yeah, I also think the antibiotics weren't necessary. Ah well.. At least I got time off work, so that's great. :D

The Inverness break sounds perfect! Why wouldn't your mum go?

Today I am watching lots of DVDs again and keeping warm.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:20 pm

Today has been good and quite a lot of fun even though we are indoors all the time and hadn't planned anything much. We made ice cream snowballs for dessert - ice cream covered in white chocolate and rolled in edible glitter. That was such a disaster that it was incredibly funny! :D

Enjoy your takeaway, Tari!
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

I seen the photos - they looked really unique! Not to mention messy. :lol:

Today one of my best friends who I haven't seen since October hit me with a secret that she's been keeping for a few days until she spoke to her parents. Her boyfriend proposed to her four days ago and she said yes. :D Really glad to hear some good news for a change - can't wait to be a bridesmaid, never been one before. :D
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:15 pm

Today I watched the new Poirot film of my favourite Christie novels. It was raelly good!

Congrats on being bridesmaid, Tari! :D That will be fun. I've never been involved in a wedding either.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:43 pm

Can't wait. :D Although I doubt that the wedding will be anytime soon... Last they discussed their marriage plans they were thinking of waiting until they get their university degrees which is quite some time away yet.

Today, I am annoyed at Santa. When he brought one of my presents, he forgot to put the vital cable inside the box, :roll:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:53 pm

Santa is very busy. I am sure he didn't mean to. ;)

Today I finally finished the bottle of mead I bought last year at this time! Woohoo! it was still good.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:04 pm

Psst, Silwen, I have a proposition for you. I am 39 posts away from Marinerhood... Do you think we could get there before 2011? :evilaugh:

Today, I haven't been able to stop eating tonight. Now I am watching Supernanny. :D
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:07 pm

Hm, I think we can manage that, especially since I am home all day till the 29th. :D Not sure I will post again tonight though.

Today, well, it's already Boxing Day. The tree is lit and I am battling with the effects of those "fart grenades from Belgium", as Michal McIntyre calls them.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Fart grenades from Belgium? :Q I'm not sure I want to know what they are, but I am very curious! :P

Have a nice sleep. :)

Today I should probably head off to bed soon too. Can't be bothered moving, though...
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:22 pm

Those are Brussels sprouts. It was just great when I first heard that on TV!

Today I don't want to go to bed.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:26 pm

Ahh! :lol: There was a hilarious advert on recently where a mother was trying to get her daughter to eat Brussel sprouts by calling them "baby cabbages." She was wise to it, though. :P

Today I am planning on starting work within the next couple of days on a couple of assignments that are due next month. I only have another 8 days here before I head back down south. :|
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:32 pm

Hm, I have to keep an eye out for that advert. i don't think I have noticed it before.

Today I have been wondering whether to go back to work at all. Since I won't be there for too much longer anyway and I am ill more often than not it hardly seems worth it. We will see how it goes after Christmas. Till then I still have some days off.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:45 pm

I think that it was a Morrison's advert.

Hm, it's a tough one to call. Sometimes having a job can be good as it adds a bit of routine to your life, but if you don't enjoy it or if health gets in the way, then it wouldn't be good overall to stay. And the pay as well can be missed. As much as I hated my old job, I miss the wage something awful. :(

Today I am drinking Shloer. It is very tasty and a brilliant substitute for alcohol which I don't think that I'll be touching for a long time. :P
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:47 pm

Yeah, it isn't an easy choice.

Today I have been watching a whole lot of Ronnie Corbett. :shock: Just now a repeat is on again too.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:40 am

I love Ronnie Corbett. :D I love watching all of the old episodes of "The Two Ronnies." They are hilarious! :D I also love "Still Game" - it's a Scottish comedy show which branched out from the sketch show, "Chewin' the Fat."

Today, our washing machine decided to go and screw up. There is a leak in one of our neighbour's houses downstairs and my mum thinks that the pipes have all frozen over. When the washing machine was spinning, the water that it is meant to drain away decided to come up through the sink... We had to pail it out with buckets. :roll:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:56 am

Oh dear, sounds like the sort of thing that is happening upstairs all the time so that we have leaks in our flat. Fingers crossed you have sorted it all out now.

Today we went outside, for me it was only the second time out since on sick leave. We shall see if that was a good idea or not. It was fairly cold and I was coughing all the time, also I have been feeling like I am catching a cold in addition to everything else. To make things worse, the supermarket was closed today and we didn't know. :P So I could have stayed home after all! Grrr. In the end we went to small branch of the supermarket nearby and we managed to get a turkey crown so that tonight we will have sort of a proper Christmas dinner.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Blah, stupid shops. Weather's not been much better here either - at 6pm on the day before Christmas Eve it was -9 degrees. :shock: Hopefully you won't need to go outside for a while now. :D Think we're going to have to get the plumber out to see what's going on cause we're not sure if it's only a one time thing, :roll:

Today I discovered that the cable I thought had been missing from the hard drive was actually lying on the floor - though I searched everywhere for it. :roll: So I saved everything and have rebooted my laptop so hopefully it will run a lot faster now. :D
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Woohoo! So all is working properly.

Today we had our turkey dinner and it was lovely. :D We still have quite a bit left over so I am looking forward to the rest tomorrow. Alternatively, i do like the thought of the instant noodles still in the cupboard. :lol:
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:00 pm

Glad it worked out well. :D

Today I am eating leftover vegetable pakora from last night - though I have pigged out on so much junk today. I hate not being able to go to the gym because of my foot - but will be able to get back into exercise after I get it operated on next year. I'm actually quite looking forward to it. :P
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:02 pm

Mmmm pakora are good. i haven't had any in ages, possibly in two years! :shock:

Do you know when you will have your surgery? Mine is at the end of January at last. Only had to wait 7 months. :roll:

Today we watched a Dave Gorman DVD.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:08 pm

Actually, I was a bit annoyed. At my last podiatry appointment, I told the guy that I was going home on December 17 and wouldn't be back until the 3rd. I received an appointment on the morning that I was going home asking me to go on the 20th for an appointment with the surgeon. :roll:

It's usually an 18 week waiting list, but I'm not sure when I will get my assessment now.

Today I am downloading Scary Movie 1-4. :D
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Such things are always annoying, it seems. For a while I wasn't sure when I could go on holidays just in case they might call me in for appointments. Luckily, I have a date now.

Today you reminded me that I have been tempted to download films too. :whistle: I haven't given in yet.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:18 pm

I got caught downloading films at uni and they cut off my internet for five days... So now I download them at home. :whistle:

Psst. uTorrent is excellent for downloading films ;)

Today I have been asked to go out for a few drinks tomorrow. I'm not sure my liver can handle it. :(
telcontarian
Mariner

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive