Thread of Today V

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Re: Thread of Today V

Postby Leon K Fox » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:07 am

Today I am at nan's, about to drink some tea and continue reading The Lord of the Rings. I did eventually get past Tom Bombadil's chapter...though as ridiculous as this may sound it took me as long to read his chapter as it did the 6 that came before it. I'm glad I read it for the sake of my first time reading the book...but I'm not likely to do so on any re-reads in the future if I'm honest about it.

Also, I never did talk about how my day on Saturday went with the bake off etc, I won't post heaps of text here but rather post a link to a write up I did on another forum. Long story short our cake didn't win in either category but it was still very well recieved all the same. ^^

http://ukofequestria.co.uk/index.php?threads/7673/
Leon K Fox
Rider of the Mark

Postby Silwen » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:09 am

Sid, it was a successful hunt, thank you! I found the magazine so I don't have to look all over the country to buy back issues. Phew!

Today I spent most of the morning improving my blog, adding pictures and new tabs to it with more information. It's looking good! I also made another sale in my shop so I'm happy. :) On the down side I received yet another rejection for a job I applied to. :roll:
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Leon K Fox » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:43 am

Today I am drinking numerous cups of Titanic Tea, browsing the internet on my phone and watching TV with my nan. Fairly mundane day, but I shall be making up for it tomorrow, meeting up with some friends of mine for drinks in Bath. :D

Also a friend of mine (one of my only non forum based friends) has recently pulled a drama queen act and cut off contact with me again. I had been friends with him for a long time but we had drifted a great deal so I can't be bothered to try and make amends for the umpteenth billionth time. I have plenty of friends these days so I'll let him contact me if he feels like working things out.

Looking forward to getting some drinks in me.
Leon K Fox
Rider of the Mark

Postby telcontarian » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Today I need to keep up with TORC more. I also had an exam. It wasn't too nice.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Leon K Fox » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Today I am now up to Chapter 11 in The Lord of the Rings. Managed to read through three chapters this evening which is speedy reading by my standards! I suppose it's much easier going now that I have Tom Bombadil out of the way, to be honest.

Also for a portion of my time reading I sub conciously read aloud to myself, didn't notice it for a fair bit! Am I the only one that does that, or has done that only the once even? ^^;
Leon K Fox
Rider of the Mark

Postby siddharth » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:15 pm

Hello All!

Good to know that you enjoyed the contest Leon. As I said, as a first try it looked great. And you got to taste some other cakes! :wink: :D

Hey Silwen! Howdy? That's a pretty neat little blog. :D

Hello tele! I have had some tests in past weeks and have some more from the next week. *Sigh* The last one didn't go too well. Pretty much on the same boat, I think. :(

Today also, I have to continue with the studies. Last night I was up till 2 am and am feeling dozy now! Perhaps I should get some sleep. :sleep:
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Leon K Fox » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:24 pm

siddharth wrote:Hello All!

Good to know that you enjoyed the contest Leon. As I said, as a first try it looked great. And you got to taste some other cakes! :wink: :D

Thanks ^^ I enjoyed it very much, especially with the post episode buzz still being as fresh as it was. And I did indeed, including one entry that was an Oreo Cheesecake...I could have taken it all home! How that didn't win in the taste category I will never know. :P

(Incidentally this cake was made by my previously mentioned friend who was once a baker, lives in Bath and I'm meeting him and a bunch of others for drinks in said place tomorrow.)
Last edited by Leon K Fox on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leon K Fox
Rider of the Mark

Postby Silwen » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:02 am

Thanks, Sid, I love my blog. :love:

Today I am wondering why I didn't go to the post office yesterday when it was sunny and mild outside. Instead, I have to go today when it is cold and grey. :roll: That's what happens when you're lazy, I suppose. For the moment I am sitting in bed to keep warm, but I will have to get out soon, if only for breakfast/lunch. :D
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:02 am

Siddharth: Exams suck so much. We need chocolate!

Today I am in university. I attended a gait analysis experiment this morning which was really fun. Got to see how flat my left foot is. ;)
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Leon K Fox » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:15 am

Today I am going to head out to Bath as previously mentioned, to have some drinks in merry company, as a Hobbit or Dwarf for example may say, highly looking forward to it!

Likely going to read The Lord of the Rings some more on the bus headed there. A nice long bus ride, an ample time for reading I feel. :)
Leon K Fox
Rider of the Mark

Postby Silwen » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:26 am

Today an online friend sent me a big packet of my childhood candy. Cue impromptu silly photo session! :D I swear I have a normal face the rest of the time. :P

Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:47 am

Today I am in the library studying. I'm revising first year anatomy - luckily I understand it better than I did last year because we talk about it in much greater detail now.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Ladykat » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:25 pm

Today the weather was so bad my bus was late. :Q

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby JudyA » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:57 pm

Today I'm home for the third day in a row with a sick one - Poppet's watching the telly to pass the time, and I'm trying to get a little work done and do home stuff but my heart's really not in it :whistle:
JudyA
Mariner

Postby Leon K Fox » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Today (or yesterday really) was amazing, went out drinking in The Hobgoblin in Bath and loved it, drunk 4 ciders and 3 shots and I have no regrets whatsoever! Now sat up at 01:47am with the munchies, catching up on this week's episode of Raw.
Leon K Fox
Rider of the Mark

Postby siddharth » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:12 am

Here comrade tele, I brought the pint! Have some! :D

Today, I watched the fan-film 'Born of Hope'. Pretty well made, I must say. There are a lot of errors, surely, but as a fan-film I think it's very good. But, Gilraen was waaaay to silly! >-O
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby telcontarian » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:09 am

Mmm, pint.

I liked Born of Hope. Some of the acting was a bit naff, but it was nice to see someone who appreciated Tolkien's work enough to spend all that time and effort on a film like that.

Today I just saw someone on YouTube singing "I Dreamed a Dream" in Gollum's voice. One of the weirdest/most amusing things I've seen in a while.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby siddharth » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:15 am

telcontarian wrote:Mmm, pint.

I liked Born of Hope. Some of the acting was a bit naff, but it was nice to see someone who appreciated Tolkien's work enough to spend all that time and effort on a film like that.

And that too with a free distribution. That atleast is really selfless. Agreed about the acting though. I think Gilraen was horrible. Just smiling and smiling and smiling ...

Today I just saw someone on YouTube singing "I Dreamed a Dream" in Gollum's voice. One of the weirdest/most amusing things I've seen in a while.

Where? Could you give me the link? I am a Gollumaniac!
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:05 am

Sid, here's the link. At least I hope that's it - I coped it from another site. :D

Today our new bed was delivered and we spent all morning taking apart the old one and setting up the new one. Now I am sitting on it and really tired. I won't be doing anything more today! My fingers hurt from using the screwdriver so much. There were several screws that just wouldn't go in properly, but all seems fine nonetheless.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Leon K Fox » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:37 am

Today I am headed out to meet some friends here in Bristol. I was hoping to sit down and read The Lord of the Rings on the bus as for whatever reason one of my favourite times to read is on a bus, but instead I find my reading detracted by whinging and crying kids, making immersion in it all but impossible for me.

It's frustrating, but I've had to opt for listening to music on my phone instead.
Leon K Fox
Rider of the Mark

Postby telcontarian » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:05 am

Silwen, that's the one, it's hilarious. :D

Today I am continuing to brush up on lower leg nerve anatomy. Yay. :roll:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Leon K Fox » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:53 am

Today I went to Cardiff to meet up with some friends and a few people I don't know, the meetup has been awesome and I got to see Wreck it Ralph today, I absolutley loved it! It was far above my expectations going into it and I will be sure to buy it on blu ray!

I am also up to Book 2 of The Fellowship of the Ring, Chapter 2 more specifically. Very much into this story still and will be reading it on my train home all the way for sure!
Leon K Fox
Rider of the Mark

Postby telcontarian » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:17 am

Today we went to see Warm Bodies today, it was also awesome. :)
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby siddharth » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:26 am

:rofl: :rofl: I watched the video. That's very funny!! Thanks for sharing it tele and Silwen!

So, Leon, chapter 2 of Fotr 2? That must be the Council of Elrond. That's actually one of my most favourite chapters! Golly, I wish I can read LotR for the first time again! :P

Today, I finally prepared a character for an RP. Well, I have never RPed before so was hesitating. But it's done, and I think I did a good job with all the details. :)
For those who want to know, my character's name is Sildarion Valiëmar, a half-elf from Mirkwood, who is a warrior-cum-Bard! :D
Ooh, and he rides a black horse, Haefaniel! :D
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Leon K Fox » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:56 pm

Today I am sat on a platform waiting for a train home. So glad I have a second battery for my phone as I would have been without a phone for hours now. This is why I am a huge advocate of removeable backs/batteries on smart phones and it was a key factor in me choosing the Galaxy S3 over other smart phones of its ilk. A decision I have never once looked back on for this reason!

siddharth wrote:So, Leon, chapter 2 of Fotr 2? That must be the Council of Elrond. That's actually one of my most favourite chapters! Golly, I wish I can read LotR for the first time again! :P

That is indeed the chapter I'm on ^^ I'm only right at the start of it mind you, the first page even! I take a break every few chapters and prefer to take said breaks right at chapter starts.

Right now I'm waiting at Cardiff Central for my train home, will pick up from there once I'm on board. :)

On another note, I myself haven't done an RP in years for any fandom, would like to finish Lord of the Rings and have my Tolkien lore knowledge more refined before attempting such a thing, were I to do so!
Leon K Fox
Rider of the Mark

Postby telcontarian » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Today I should be studying. :whistle:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby heliona » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:23 pm

Today, I've written the first draft of my introduction for my project dissertation. It's a bit longer that it should be, but it is full of diagrams. Also, there's a bit missing that I need to add. But I don't think it's too bad for a first draft. :)
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Leon K Fox » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:54 pm

Today I watched the first episode of BBC's new Sherlock show, written by Stephen Moffat and Mark Gattis. Both of whom work on Doctor Who and I've been serious about it for quite some time, but that curiosity only increased once I got into Tolkien and watched the Lord of the Rings films, and then looked up the Hobbit, which both of the main stars are also in and...it was awesome. I've not really indulged myself in much of Sherlock Holmes up until now but this take on it has me curious to check out more further down the line.

Also yesterday I nearly missed the last train home from Cardiff. Cardiff Central decided for reasons unbeknownst to me to switch the Bristol Temple Meads from one platform to another without announcing it on the board and I barely caught it in time! I was quite shaken up after that as I did NOT have the money for a hotel in Cardiff, being a capital the prices are not cheap from what I remember, especially last minute!

I've also not gotten back to Lord of the Rings since I got to the start of the "The Council of Elrond" chapter. Need to get to that soon!
Leon K Fox
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lalaith-Elerrina » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:19 pm

Today, I'm watching a funny show called "Dirty Jobs" about a guy who goes around, finding jobs that people do that are really gross, but necessary in order for us to get by. (Like sewer inspector, etc.)
Lalaith-Elerrina
Ringbearer

Postby siddharth » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:25 am

Today I studied a LOT! Feeling a bit dizzy right now. Image
siddharth
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive