Thread of Today V

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Re: Thread of Today V

Postby Ladykat » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:23 pm

Today I missed my bus and was late for work. :x

Not a great way to start the week.

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Lalaith-Elerrina » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:51 pm

today I'm getting ready to give my students a great big end of quarter test. Bwa ha ha ha ha. =:)
Lalaith-Elerrina
Ringbearer

Postby portia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:32 am

Today, I am trying to sort out stuff, again. I had thought I had gotten all the documents, old bills, and paper scraps left behind by Mr. Portia, but I plunged into a guest room that had a number of things and came up for air, "several days later," with 4-5 bags of paper trash, 3-4 bags of Salvation Army, etc. Lord, I swear that stuff multiplies in the dark.

I am not a perfect filer, but the mixture of stuff seems to me to be so random as to suggest he was trying to hide thngs. I do not really believe that, but if (God forbid) someone from a government agency had come in to try to sort things out. . . .who knows? I am almost done with one guest room. The next is where we normally put guests, so it is not so bad (?) After that, is the real problem--my craft room. I can't blame that one on Mr. Portia.

(I keep imagining the reaction from, say, searchers for drugs. There aren't any, but the process of trying to sort throuh this house--especially as it was-- would probably drive several searchers, and at least one dog to retirement.)
portia
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Today I had really rotten day at work.

I soooooooo want to quit that job!!

LK
Ladykat

Postby portia » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:26 am

I am sorry about that, Ladykat. It is very depressing to have to go to somewhere that depresses you. I hope today is better.

Today, I am going to have my hair done, by the same woman who tried to do it it when I was in the depths of my "sort of stroke."
It was a disaster but, then, I haven't been going far from home since then.

We will see if we can get a better result, this time.

Then, I have Physical Therapy. I am starting to climb stairs with both feet, instead of one step at a time. It is working, more or less, and I expect it to improve. I have been favoring the right foot for so long that I have almost forgotten what it is for!
portia
Ringbearer

Postby Leon K Fox » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:00 am

Today I am going to make a start on getting caught up with Doctor Who, I ordered the Complete Series 6 box set on blu ray to help with this but I also plan to re-watch most of Series 5 to get my memory properly refreshed before going onto Series 6. I have already watched Series 5 and heck, even the first half of Series 6 but I kind of dropped out of it after "A Good Man Goes to War" for reasons unbeknownst even to me, I just did and I've been meaning to rectify it for ages. I know we've had the first half of Series 7 as well but I'll get to that in due time.

I never thought that as at one time a nigh on obsessed Whovian I would manage to get so far behind, I really didn't. But better late than never, I suppose!
Leon K Fox
Rider of the Mark

Postby portia » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Today, I appeared, by phone, in Mr. Portia's Estate cases.
We had a new judge and she didn't understand the the background, so I will need to file an explanatio of how it all came about. At least I didn't have to drive down the hill, and walk the 1/2 mile to the courtroom.

UGH.
portia
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:22 pm

Portia--glad you didn't have to do the half mile hike.

Today I was so tired I almost nodded out at work.

Gotta get more sleep.

LK
Ladykat

Postby Lalaith-Elerrina » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:21 am

Today I'm taking my computer to get fixed because it has viruses. :x. ( I'm on my trusty iPad right now.)
Lalaith-Elerrina
Ringbearer

Postby Leon K Fox » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:08 am

Today I am going to meet up with some friends as I do every Friday, should be fun. :) Woke up stupidly late though. ^^;
Leon K Fox
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ladykat » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:17 pm

Lalaith-Elerrina wrote:Today I'm taking my computer to get fixed because it has viruses. . ( I'm on my trusty iPad right now.)

Oooh, hope they can fix it. And if your IPad is trusty, that's more than I can say for my Android tablet. :)

Today I finally got my new PC! It is SO nice!

LK
Ladykat

Postby telcontarian » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:14 pm

Today I started the training for my new temporary job.

:hihi: all
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby heliona » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:01 pm

Is it an interesting job, Tari? :) Can you make Oxford this year?

Today, I've finished the introduction to my "dissertation". :thumbsup: Hurray! Now I just have the methodology, results, analysis and conclusion to do. :roll:
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby telcontarian » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:22 pm

It's not too bad, Heliona, it's fundraising for projects that my university is involved in such as helping children in deprived areas get to university. So it's really worthwhile. :) It's really good money, but only a three week job. :(

Not actually given Oxford a thought to be honest! Would need to try and get a wee job over the summer.

How many words is your dissertation?

Today I am going to go for a quick shower and look over some notes.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby krawler » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:09 pm

I had my dog, Shadow, put to sleep today. She was about fifteen years old, though I only had her for the last nine. Her arthritis was getting worse in spite of medication, and from her behavior it was increasingly evident that her mind was going a bad way. It wouldn't have been fair to her to let her go into a deeper decline in health, and she was suffering enough already, so I took her to the vet today, we discussed her condition and came to the conclusion that it was time to let her go.

Been trying to distract myself, but it feels like there's a hole in my chest that won't go away. I know that it was the right thing to do for her, since she had already changed so much from the dog she used to be, but that doesn't really seem to help much. I woke up today and there she was, and now she isn't.
krawler
Ranger of the North

Postby telcontarian » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:39 pm

Crawler, I'm so sorry. :hug: Shadow had a great life with you, and is no longer in any pain. That is one small comfort. :hug:

Today I am getting ready for bed. Just a little time for procrastinating on the internet first. :whistle:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:59 pm

I am sorry to hear that, krawler. :( I can imagine that it is very hard.

Today I am very tired, but it has been a pleasant day, though very cold.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:53 pm

krawler I am so sorry. :hug: I know what it's like to lose a dear canine friend. I know you miss her terribly, but take comfort in the fact that she isn't suffering amymore.

Today I took my mother shopping, always an all day undertaking.

LK
Ladykat

Postby heliona » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:10 am

Tari, that sounds good. Getting some work experience is always good, even though it's so short. My dissertation has a maximum word limit of 5000 words. I'm currently at about 1000 and I've only written the introduction. Some of the other sections are going to be quite short, so I should hopefully stay within that limit!

krawler, I'm so sorry. :( What a hole in your life now. Of course it's a comfort to know that she's no longer suffering, but that doesn't stop you missing her. :hug:

Today, I'm slowly building up to doing more project work. Today's it's going to be data analysis (hopefully the last of it) and then I can crack on and finish the report. :D
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby oldtoby » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:03 am

Ugh I feel so rotten today. Anyone wanna come over and nurse me back to health?
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby portia » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:36 am

Krawler, I am sorry about your dog. I have also had to put down two dogs, and it is soo hard.

Today, I am gearing up for:
1. Paying bills online;
2. Organizing for my m-i-l's taxes, 'though I do not what good it will do;
3. orgizing for Mr. Portia's Estate taxes, though I think that will be simpler.
4. If I have time, going through some more "stuff."
portia
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Sorry you're not feeling well, Toby, Try to get lots of rest.

Today I am dreading having to go to work tomorrow. I keep wishing the building where I work would have a power failure or something so I wouldn't have to go in.

It won't happen, but I can wish.

LK
Ladykat

Postby Silwen » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Today I can't sleep. It is aready 2 AM and I am running out of ideas for things to do. At this time, everybody's asleep! *sigh*
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:35 am

5000 words isn't actually that bad at all, heliona. Cutting words out is always the hardest (and the saddest) part though.

Today my friend at university just reminded me that there are only three and a half weeks left of second year. Where has the time gone?! I feel as if I do not know enough!
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Ladykat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Today I found out my mother is going in for medical tests this Friday. She's been having chest pains and shortness of breath, and they may have to do a catheterization. I don't know if she'll have to stay overnight at the hospital---I won't really know anything until Friday.

LK
Ladykat

Postby Leon K Fox » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:45 am

Today I tried to start up my Gaming PC and it refused to do so. I always shut it down properly and all that good stuff yet it insists on taking me to a repair menu. I've tried a startup repair, system restore and both did sweet candy coated bundle all.

Going to have to give the folks at Palicomp a ring, methinks. >_<
Leon K Fox
Rider of the Mark

Postby Silwen » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:54 am

Today I was mistaken for a student by another student. =:)
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Leon K Fox » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:00 am

Today I am very happy to report that most fortunately for me a quick call to Palicomp helped me to fix the problem with my PC, which I am now able to use again! :D (I was posting on my phone using Tapatalk earlier)

Some setting had changed itself, I'm not especially tech savvy so I forget what it was, but the guy on the phone talked me through it anyway. :P
Leon K Fox
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ladykat » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:12 am

Today I accidently put my "Today" post in the "Denial" thread.

OOPS! :oops:

LK
Ladykat

Postby Leon K Fox » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:10 pm

Today I have flown up to Newcastle with my family, sadly the only two people I well and truly loves up here have passed on as of April of last year.

That being said however I'm sure it'll be a good weekend still. ^^ Mum had a bit of a slip up when packing though, she accidentally left some of dad's darts in her handbag from ages ago presumably and that delayed our pass through the security by a good 10 minutes or so! Luckily they believed it was an accident and we can collect them on the way back. (She also had some underarm stuff but it was mainly the darts that set it off. She was laughing at herself after the event though.

Also, while I may not have full context of what the person was saying I am SURE that I heard someone say "That was so unnecessary" when mum was first talking to the security regarding the darts. If on the off chance that was about the airport security then...damn man, just damn, someone's got a major case of the dumbs and/or they don't care who gets on the plane and with whatever on their person.

I've arrived now, been here for a few hours. Settled int my room, it's a cozy little thing and conveniently I have it to myself. :)
Last edited by Leon K Fox on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leon K Fox
Rider of the Mark

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive