Thread of Today V

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Silwen » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:33 am

Scary! :shock: Hope she'll be out and about soon again.

So far I haven't had much chance to speak to the new guy even though we have lunch at the same time. He sticks with the other two new people, which is understandable.

Today a judge for some business awards came to work. We had all been told to keep the place tidy, look presentable etc. and then we never even got to see him! How disappointing.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:37 am

Noobs stick together. ;)

My aunt got out last night - she was also kept in hospital in case of bleeding in the brain and a punctured lung. She cracked her rib in the fall. She's all right, just quite sore.

Today, Ani and Min are coming to Scotland! :D Although they might be delayed because of the Papal visit to Edinburgh.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:17 am

That is very exciting! Say hi to them from me!

Today I realised I've just caught a cold. :( Oh dear. It definitely is the end of summer then.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:40 pm

I will! :D I am meeting them on Sunday in Edinburgh. :D

Sorry to hear about your sniffles, Silwen. My sinuses are starting to get a little blocked up.

Today I am very tired. The weather has been horrible - cold, windy and raining and is making me quite cranky. :P
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:59 am

Today I am so glad it's the weekend!

My manager wouldn't let me see my GP next week. I had to make the appointment at a time when we are short-staffed. Even so, it is crucial I go, so she really had no choice. I don't think I have made a good impression at this job this time around! :|
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby tarathiel » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:43 am

Today i have dropped into TORC to say hello :D

I have been madly busy at work and the house has been in chaos and the computor has been on strike so i havn't been on the internrt for ages :|

hopefully things have calmed down a bit now but who knows :roll:

Tar
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:25 am

Hi tar! Good to see you back again.

Today I spent four hours cooking a bolognese sauce that turned out really nicely. Now I am so full I will have to skip supper. Hope I can sleep with all this food in my tummy. :shock:
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:07 am

Today I moved to Middlesbrough. My room is still in an absolute state, but now I have internet. :D The people here are really friendly too. I can't be bothered making dinner as I haven't been to the shops yet, so I think a takeaway is in order. :D
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:09 am

Congrats, tari! I hope it will be a good time. What kind of takeaway are you thinking of getting?

I am still stuffed from lunch. :|

Today I had a longish chat with my grandma on the phone. She asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I can't think of anything at all!
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:16 am

I'm not sure - I'm going to see if the girls fancy getting a takeaway or something. There is a menu for Indian food with free delivery, so I am thinking of getting kebab or pizza or something. I've not eaten today apart from a spoonful of cereal and a couple of sandwiches!

It's too early to be thinking about Christmas! :P

Today I can't even get moving in my room for all of the things spewed over my floor. I don't think that the others have brought as much as I did, although a girl's parents helped her assemble units and everything and were adamant about staying overnight to make sure she was all right.

My friends dropped me off and that was it. :P
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:25 am

:lol: Parents can be funny.

Indian sounds very good to me.

It's not too early to think about Christmas? *hides the gifts she already bought* :whislte:

Today we will be watching 300 on TV.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:47 am

Haha, yeah, they came all the way from Bournemouth and her mum was saying that they couldn't imagine leaving her on her first night away from home and was looking at me as if to say "Where the heck are your parents?" :lol:

Still waiting on that takeaway... 12" pepperoni pizza, two cheeseburgers, garlic bread, chips, dips and a litre-and-a-half of coke. :P

Today I'm getting hungry...
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Martin the Warrior » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Yum! Now your making me hungry.

Today, I'm watching the complete third season of Corner Gas (It's the only thing I have to do today :lol: .
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Silwen » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:17 pm

I hope you didn't eat all of that n your own. :shock: :P

Today my German colleague came back from her visit to Germany and brought me some German chocolate. :D She also brought me some wool so I can knit her some gloves.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:48 am

I didn't, but there was so much left over that we ate for breakfast.

Today, I am settling in quite well to university life. Though I was pretty hungover this morning. :P
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:59 pm

Today I went to Yo!Sushi. :D Sorry if I made you jealous there, Tari. ;)

I am glad you are enjoying it so far, Tari. Not the kind of student life I remember, but much more fun.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:31 pm

I'm really enjoying it. It's not what I thought that it would be - there was a guy dressed up as Elmo from Sesame Street wandering about campus! :lol: We sat in and watched "Misery" tonight - one of the girls hadn't seen it before - I love it. :D

Today I also experienced my first hangover of the week. I'm thinking of perhaps not drinking on Saturday. :whistle:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:53 pm

Today I was really full of energy in the morning, which is very uncharacteristic of Friday. All my energy was gone by noon though. :P
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:46 am

Today I am meant to be going out for dinner and drinks later, but have not heard from my friend and am slightly annoyed. :roll:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:37 pm

Hm, they better get a move on!

Today I went into town and bought a new phone because my old one has now really broken down completely and refuses to do anything despite the new battery I only just bought for it. :roll: So I had to get one this weekend and the phones are all ugly or too expensive. Now I have a Nokia that is definitely better than the phone I had before, but it is certainly one of the most unattractive ones I have ever seen. It is absolutely the ugliest I ever owned, but as long as it works I'm happy with it (at last).

Then I went and spent far more money than I expected on the new Lush Christmas products.... Oh dear....
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:16 am

They came in the end - but it was a very quiet day. Went out for dinner with the girls from my house and a few others. Then was meant to be going to the school disco but my friend fell asleep. :roll:

Today, I have my first class at twelve - I'm sitting eating a ham and mustard sandwich and wishing that someone would go and turn off their car alarm - although I think that whoever set it off is doing it deliberately as it has went off four times. :roll:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby tarathiel » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:49 am

Sounds like you are having fun at uni tari :)

Today TPoD had to have stiches in his paw :(
He cut it on some wire i think and now he is very sad and has a big bandage on and a lampshade on his head to stop him chewing it.

TPoG thinks he looks very silly :roll:
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby telcontarian » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:02 am

Aww, poor TPoD! :( I hope that he makes a speedy recovery. I'm sure TPoG will keep an eye on him to make sure that he doesn't bite or scratch. Was he knocked out for the procedure or did he just get a local anaesthetic?

Apart from that, how are things with you?

Today, some other people and I were meant to be going to this Chinese buffet thing - and they kind of left without me. :roll:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:17 pm

Today I had my end of probation review at work and I felt really bad about the fact that after all that praise I have a secret job interview elsewhere. :whistle: That's life. I go where the money is better and I have the longer contract.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Make sure you steal plenty of office supplys when you leave your job.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:02 am

So basically like last time. :D

Today I had that interview and it went very well. I can't say the same for the unexpected assessment test. :shock: Excel didn't work properly and wouldn't let me input what I typed. Apparently, this wasn't even part of the test. We will see what they think.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Silwen: I'll keep my fingers crossed. :D

Today I actually did my homework. :Q :D And I've even been typing up all my notes from lectures and class, etc, and am hoping to start an essay tomorrow! I'm hoping to ace first year - hopefully second and third will go as well. :whistle:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:39 am

So I shall keep my fingers crossed for you too, Tari.

Well, I didn't get the job, but I am not too disappointed about it, really. I would not have liked the work itself, but the pay would have been great. So for now I will be staying with my current job, which means I get to work with lovely colleagues for a bit longer. :D It is just unfortunate that work is very busy right now and it won't get any better till January. :shock:

Today I am still really proud of myself. The day I was told I didn't get the job, I got a card in the post. This card was from one of the two writers whose work I analysed in my book. He had asked for a copy and I was very nervous about it because he is an expert in this subject. But he said he was "thrilled and astonished" I got it all right! :love: And he told me to go work for this research programme in Canada - which I would do in a heartbeat if it weren't so far away. :P I always knew I was very good at my work, but I had no idea I was really that good! Woohoo! :yippie: So this means I am seriously looking for jobs at university again so I can teach and research. I know that is probably the best thing for me anyway.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:05 am

I'm sorry that you never got the job, Silwen. :( Did they say why you were unsuccessful? I'm glad that you're still keeping positive about it all - the writer's positive comments must have really made your day! :D Probably your week too! Keep looking at those uni jobs! I'll put in a good word for you at mine if you like. :twisted:

Today I am eating Golden Syrup porridge! Later, we are meant to be making a Sunday dinner. I wonder who will be brave enough to make it - after my run in with square sausages and our temperamental cooker, I daresay it won't be me. :whistle:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:32 am

Today I'm off and getting ready for church. I finally posted in this thread. Probably put on The Empire Strikes Back this afternoon.

Party! Party!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive