Thread of Today V

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby telcontarian » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:36 pm

Eek, hope everything goes all right. If I was a bit closer, I would have given you a hand!

So... Clean, clean, clean! :lol:

Today my uncle phoned to ask if I wanted to go and see my great aunt with him tomorrow - my mother is calling me his blue eyed girl as he seems to have taken a shine to me when I spent some time with him, my dad and their sister last week.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:39 pm

Oo an extra hand for cleaning sounds good! :twisted:

Today I am wondering what to do with the carved pumpkin. It won't fit in our bin so I will have to cut it up some time. Not tonight though - I have worked hard enough already.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:41 pm

Carve up the pumpkin and throw pieces at the people you don't like. Simples. :P

Today, I really should get started on the uni reading and work that I brought up with me before I go back to Middlesbrough on Sunday. :roll:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Lebasi » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:28 pm

Today, I want to sleep. And I can because I don't have any homework that I have to do urgently (obviously it's the weekend tomorrow and I can do it then).
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby telcontarian » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:47 am

Today is my last day in Glasgow. I never did manage to get any of that work done. :whistle:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Lebasi » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:19 am

Today, I won a football match (not alone, of course) and, surprise, surprise, intend to do some homework...
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:05 am

Congrats! :D

Today I returned from my trip to London. I finally managed to visit the Globe, fours years after my first attempt. Back then I ran out of time to actually go there. I also bough loads of stuff from the German Deli there. I had the largest suitcase I own with me and it was packed to the brim. It was incredibly heavy and I could barely lift it. :lol:

I also met up with Canamarth after the first time after almost 2 years! I hadn't seen her since I left Germany. She brought me a lot of my stuff that I had had to leave, so half of my suitcase was full of books and CDs. We then went to an Indian restaurant (after a misunderstanding regarding the location of a different restaurant of which there were too at totally different end of London, leaving us waiting for each other at two different places).
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby tarathiel » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:03 am

Sounds like you had a great time in London.

Today TPoD and TPoG are very unhappy :(
They are both sulking :|

Because we have a new mutt in the house :D
He's a small brown furry thing that should eventually grow into a spanielish type of thing :twisted:
At the moment all he wants to do is eat TPoG's ears.
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:49 pm

Sweet! :D Is this the dog you had mentioned before?

Today we have a several leaks in our closet because the people upstairs seem to have flooded a room. I know they have their washing machine up there. We had leaks there twice before and they were fixed, supposedly. :roll:
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby tarathiel » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:56 pm

I hope the leaks get fixed Silwen.

This is not the dog i mentioned earlier. It is a puppy :shock:
TPoD and G are really not impressed. all it wants to do is swing off their ears :roll:
it is small, furry and very bouncy.

TPoG is thinking of moving out to go and live at my friends house :|

Today i am wondering why a perfectly inofensive question possed as a thread gets turned into a something serious and deep. :?
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:04 pm

Mark sent an email to the letting agent's so I hope this will be dealt with tomorrow. For now we have a big bucket in the closet and the drip has moistly stopped by now. Of course the dripping began an hour ago, so it's about time.

Today I went to Habitat just to have a look around because I love the things they sell. Unfortunately, they are also quite expensive. This time they had 20% off kitchen items and I bought three matching, beautiful ceramic jars. :D I have been wanting those for a while and saved 6 Pounds now. They also have matching spice jars for 4 Pounds each. However, since I need more than 20 of them for all my spices, I doubt I will ever get them. :P
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby tarathiel » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:08 pm

Can't you go and knock on the neighbours door and ask them to check their washing machine?

Today TPoD is hiding upstairs on my bed :|
The littlest paw is trying to work out where he's gone because he wants to carry on chewing his ears :twisted:
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:25 pm

I heard them running around in that room upstairs so I guess they know about the leaks. I wonder if they flooded the whole place.

Today Mark said I told him a few days ago we should have a Princess Bride themed wedding. I can't remember saying any such thing!
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby tarathiel » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:40 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I could lend you The Littlest Paw as a page pup :wink:

Today i have had to throw out two pairs of socks that got munched by TLP
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Hm, but wouldn't he potentially eat the rings and such? :lol:

Today I ate the last of my German chocolate. :( Ah well. I still have some other German food here that I am trying to make last till Christmas.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby tarathiel » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:49 pm

Currently it seems to want to eat everything but puppy food :shock:
TPoDs ears are top of the menu, followed by socks and carpet corners :|

Today i am wondering why i thought it was agood idea to get another dog :|
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:57 pm

Because you have a soft spot for animals, especially dogs. :)

Today I have been wondering for ages how to wrap up a pair of slippers I got for my mother for Christmas. This will be tough because they are shaped like boots and I don't want them to take up a lot of space in the parcel.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby tarathiel » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Give them to TLP. He will chew them into little pieces :twisted:
Then you can just squash them up into a small parcel :wink:

Today i have just had to wipe up a small patch of puppy wee from my kitchen floor :|
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby telcontarian » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:58 pm

Tar: I hope that the littlest doggy is starting to settle down now!

Sorry I'm just back - I realised today that I have not posted nor received any notifications for a long time!

Life is good, a lot of assignments to take care of, but I'm keeping on top of everything fairly well. Dyed my hair again - went from black to a sort of (meant to be) reddish brown, but has gone sort of purple-ish near the top and I quite like it. :D Maybe I should just dye my hair completely purple. :)

Today, I had porridge. :D Yum!
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Today Mark cooked dinner and it was tasty. :D Still, he didn't manage to get it ready in time for my getting home after work. :P Tsk tsk. He has to work on his timing.

*pokes Tari and runs*
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:20 pm

:shock: :nono: :P

Today, I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. I wasn't too impressed. :(
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:45 pm

Why not?????? I still need to see it, but I will wait till there are fewer people going.

Today was our first day of snow - and it wasn't even meant to!
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:30 am

There were still plenty of seats left when the movie started and we went only five days after it came out.

The film stuck almost religiously to the book, but the first half of the book was pretty boring thinking back on it anyway. :P

Today, I want another meal from the Chinese takeaway - pity I already had one last night and the night before. :(
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:04 am

Today I will be doing next to nothing because I am ill. I already called in sick on Friday so I am not sure I will do the same on Monday. Depends on how bad it gets. At the moment I only have a cough and my voice is odd. :P

So Harry Potter will have to wait a little longer, I think. I was wanting to go today, really, but I don't want to cough all throughout the film.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:51 am

We must be twins. I've been sick since Monday - I think it's a throat infection - my glands are up, my throat and ears are sore and I have a bad cough that makes me almost throw up. :roll:

Today I am contemplating eating a piece and sausage... Now I just need someone to make it for me. :P
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:32 pm

Oh dear, that sounds bad. Get well soon! :hug: *makes you chicken soup*

It is odd because I only seem to have a sore throat and cough. This may change and develop into a proper cold, but I hope not. Sadly, it isn't bad enough for me to not go to work tomorrow. :( We will see how it goes in the next few days.

Today we put our tree up and finally decorated it. :D It is quite simple this time, but I am thinking of buying some more little things to hang on it. I decided against putting up some of our larger ornaments because we only have a small tree anyway and it would look odd.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:41 pm

To be honest, it's probably my own fault because I'm being my usual stubborn self and not going to the doctor's. :roll: I made a huge bowl of potato salad so that's made me feel better.

I think that you should take the day off tomorrow for spiritual enlightenment. ;)

Today, I am looking forward to going back home on the 17th. :D
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:03 pm

I really should take that day off, but it isn't bad enough. The entire team has a cough at the moment! :shock:

Today I have lit two candles for the second advent. Last week I forgot all about it and only now bought some candle holders for advent. In Germany we have advent wreathes that have four candles on top that you burn, one for each advent. Haven't seen such a thing here yet.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:28 pm

I noticed that truehobbit had also done a similar thing. :)

Coughs and colds get passed round really quickly here too. :roll:

So, how's the snow in Bath? :twisted:

Today, my flatmates and I just finished watching The X Factor and now we're going to watch the remake of Friday the 13th. :Q
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:49 pm

No snow in Bath anymore. Still, I wish it weren't so cold! Just imagine I lived in Scotland! I'd never leave the house in winter. :P

Today I bought a laptop! :happydance: I ordered one from Dell and hope it will arrive soon and do a good job for a long time to come! I have not had much luck with laptops, so here's hoping.
Silwen
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive