TORC 365 Photo Project -- MODS please lock

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby rwhen » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:53 am

I also like the idea. But feel that people can participate if they want, but if they want to opt out and do something they already had planned, they could do that as well.

For me, I like the idea of thinking of a "theme" to work with.

Great suggestion krawler.
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:48 am

I like the idea of doing a really general theme, like a colour or a concept, so that people can interpret it however they like. Is once a month good, do people think, or too often?

Stealing an idea from my cousin's blog, I'm also going to add a "Runner Ups" (or some similar name) page for those days when you just have too many good photos and not enough blog. Feel free to add photos there whenever! It looks like you can't actually make posts to the page, so you'll just have to edit the original post and add another photo (found in Posting --> Edit Pages).

Also, I haven't heard from PB or Alasse about the password, so we may need some people to fill in today. I'll do one this evening if neither of them has posted by then.
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Calma » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:35 pm

I don't think I'd like theme week....

To me it sounds like you are being told what to post.
But if everyone wants it, I will bow to the will of the majority.

Calma and her Babyman June 25, 1977
Still going strong.... :D

Mythology Month InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 41
:x Losses: 24

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Rodia » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Well, an obligatory theme week would not work for me unless I made a point to choose another photo for torc 365 than I do for my regular 365. I think it's a neat idea but people should only do the theme if they want to or have a chance to fit in to it. Though there are some days when I don't have any special ideas for photos, often I document special events or places, and they might not fit the theme for the week. Then I'd have to take another photo just for TORC365....

But if it's not mandatory then I'm all for it :) A suggested theme can help people take a picture when they're stuck!
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:33 pm

I agree Rodia, as long as it is not mandatory I would go along with some sort of general theme at times.

Either I am too tired to think straight or I am stupid. Cause I can not figure out the thread to post a picture so I sent one to Sil to download for me. :D If she will do it and count it for Friday otherwise she can wait and post it for Sunday and I will send another if I still can not figure it out by then. :roll:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby GwenElf » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 am

I just checked the email and have posted your picture, Vana, and now I should warn you that I'll be moving in with you. Right now.

:love:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Rodia » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:04 am

Swans AND buffalo? Man, you are spoiled. All I see out of my front door is the neighbour's front door.

Well, if I look out of the window I might catch a pigeon. Sometimes a magpie. On lucky days, a swallow.
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:28 am

I'm very slowly uploading my photos from Florence, so I can back-date a photo for the 1st January. Now I'm back at home, I can't think of anything to post for today - we'll see what I can come up with. :D
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby GwenElf » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:42 am

Eh, pick the best Florence photo you have and post it! It certainly doesn't have to be a photo you took today--up to you, though. :)
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:49 am

Oh, well, in that case. :D

I may have trouble picking the best photo though! :lol:
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby GwenElf » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:23 am

One more request-- Can people please put the location for their photo somewhere in the post (or in the title)? If you're uncomfortable giving your location, don't feel that you have to, but even something general like "Europe" or "eastern United States" would be useful. :)
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:40 am

Thank you Sil for posting that. I do love the view from our front windows now. We have the room if you wish to come on over and stay a spell.

For those who wish to know or so Sil can post it..... That is a view in The Beautiful Pacific Northwest United States.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:05 pm

Sorry to post after myself but I wanted to post to Rodia about her sites.

Oh WOW!!! I love your work!! The drawings are awesome and the photos are awe inspiring. I love your Winter Porch pics and the Bus Stop drawing....

Of course my dear sweet MIL loves the pic of you on my mug StarCatcher! :D Then Scribbles sends me a Christmas Card with one of your drawings on it. You are sooooooo talented my friend!! :hug: I wish I had just a touch of your talent to work with, but alas some of us do not. We must find other outlets of talent if we have any. ;) Love ya hon and just wanted you to know that I so appreciate your works!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Rodia » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Aw, Vana, you're so sweet. Well, you should like the photo I put up for today. :P

GwenElf, I like the location idea- did you guys notice that when you make a post, at the bottom of the window there is a link that says 'Add Location'? You can actually place your photo on the map if you want to.

http://bloggerindraft.blogspot.com/2008 ... gging.html

On Flickr, I geotag all of my photos except those that are taken inside people's houses. Like today's, since that's in my apartment :P
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:01 pm

Oooooo I do love it Rodia!!!! Very cool to see your work space and some of what you are currently working on. I am totally in awe of you sweet friend!! :hug: :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Rodia » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:05 pm

*preens*
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:09 pm

:roflmbo: You deserve some praise for the talents that you share with others such as your art.

So how are your kids today? How is the loft coming along, did you get it finished yet?

I have one of the girls in timeout!! SiSi is being too much today so I had to lock her up. She is having a fit but till she settles down she is staying there.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby GwenElf » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Rodia wrote:GwenElf, I like the location idea- did you guys notice that when you make a post, at the bottom of the window there is a link that says 'Add Location'? You can actually place your photo on the map if you want to.

I didn't see that option until I read your link and saw that you have to log in through draft.blogger.com instead of just blogger.com. It all makes sense now!! :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Rodia » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:07 pm

You do? Maybe that's how I always log in!

Vana, I can't call them the kids, I just can't. They're...they're my friends. Not my children :oops:. And I am getting an ugly look from the smaller one that means it's bedtime.

One-eye's arrival was delayed by the flu, he is recovering and the vet will call me when I can pick him up. Can't wait :)
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:41 pm

Okay I see your point!! Well good luck with your dear furry friends then hon!!

G'night and we look forward to seeing more from you later! :hug:

Oh and I cant wait to see piccies of One-Eye when you finally get to bring him home!! :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Rodia » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:44 pm

(also I once jokingly called them my children and my mother got that 'OH MY GOD I WILL NEVER BE A GRANDMA' look on her face...)
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:57 pm

:roflmbo: Now that is funny!!! What about your sister? Is she exempt from making her a grammy??
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby PatriotBlade » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:20 am

Okay... I guess TORC lost my notification e-mails. Sorry, I've appeared AWOL! Could Vana or someone e-mail me anything I need to know, and I found the blog! It looks great! And I see that I'm supposed to make my contributions on Fridays, so I'll try extra super hard to make it happen.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Rodia » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:27 am

My sister...my sister is my only hope. If she settles down with either one of those fellows who are chasing her and starts a family, maybe they will finally leave me alone. :P But she just got out of high school, so you can imagine the priorities were set elsewhere ;)
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:08 am

Password and other info sent, PB! I used the Hotmail address that's listed in your profile--hope that's okay!

I'm starting to think my mom's the only woman out there who doesn't care whether or not she becomes a grandma! Then again, her oldest child is only 25, so maybe grandma-neediness will set in later... :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Rodia » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:31 am

Well, every time she starts complaining I point out that she would have to support me and the baby because I definitely can't afford it. That usually settles the matter. Or else I say 'Oh, no problem, give me nine and a half months. What boyfriend?'
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:47 am

I'm starting to think my mom's the only woman out there who doesn't care whether or not she becomes a grandma!

lol shes not, my mom (and dad too) never worried about that. :)
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:45 am

Heather if you would like to post a pic today, Sunday, I would not mind. We will post only one Picture today and let you post one if you are ready. :D We don't mind sharing this day today. I mean I posted one for your day. Then we can all get it straightened out in the weeks to come as we all settle into our niches. :D

How does that sound to you? Would you like to post one today, Heather?

My parents were grand parents before I was old enough to worry about boys so I never had to face whether they wanted them or not. Now my first MIL was one of those who did not want the kids to call her Grandma. She was a bit of a rich snob but she did not have a ton of money, just the attitude. :roll: Personally I wanted to teach my daughter to call her Granny and make her feel old but I was too kind to do that. :roflmbo: Now I do not care!

My now sweet MIL is already a grand mother of one and she knows that I can not have any more children. She and her ex are thrilled just to know that Ryan is happy. He never wanted kids and I think they know it! Well he has a step daughter and two grand kids whether he wanted them or not. ;)
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Calma » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Isn't anyone going to put up a picture today?

Y'know...
Just wonderin'...

Calma and her Babyman June 25, 1977
Still going strong.... :D

Mythology Month InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 41
:x Losses: 24

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:27 pm

Yes I plan too!!! I did one so far. Now I wish to see if Heather wants to post one or Ryan will post one for us.

Well after no word from Heather we had another photo opportunity come up today and we took it. I hope you all enjoy it. Now though I must wait till next Sunday for the opportunity to post anymore, I find this quite fun!!! :D :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive