The TVM - New Zealand here we come!!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:59 am

Aaaahhh Isildime, I sooooo feel your pain . . . truly I do. *sigh* There's nothing for it now you know, except to dig out all the winter gear and keep repeating to yourself . . . "it's only 5 months to Spring". :D

NL, does that mean your picky co-worker may have had some grounds for saying you were "mousing too loud"? :D:D ducks a hail of paper clips and post-it notes . . . hehehe . . .

Vana, a 10 hour day??? :shock: Gadzooks, you'd think with the madness they'd shorten each worker's shift. My prayers will be with you tomorrow for sure. Ai, ai.

Soooo, Happy Thanksgiving to all the American folks; hope your day is filled with delicious food, great times and above all, safe travelling!! :D

For the rest of us, may our workday go swiftly until quittin' time and if it's a day off, let it go sloooooow and relaxing.

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Isildilmë » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:08 am

SilverScribe wrote:Aaaahhh Isildime, I sooooo feel your pain . . . truly I do. *sigh* There's nothing for it now you know, except to dig out all the winter gear and keep repeating to yourself . . . "it's only 5 months to Spring". :D

Yeah, I know :cry2:
But in the meanwhile, we'll have 9°C and 11°C this w-e, so everything will disappear for now... until next drop, which I'm afraid wont be delayed much...
Concerning the Official Tengwar Transcription Thread - VI
To all the newbees, Welcome to TORC !
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

You can address yourself to me in French, Spanish or English as you wish.

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Calma » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:10 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

For those who don't celebrate...

HAPPY THURSDAY!!!

Wet, cold feet... YUCK!
Been there done that.
Hope the car wasn't too expensive to repair.

:hihi: nl!
How's things in Oz?

I'm just hanging out chillin' until football starts.
I used have to work on Thanksgiving.
Not in retail, thank goodness, but holidays in the Assisted Living business are bears.
One is cooking for over a hundred people.
I would have to work every holiday.
Big or little, Mommy was there making meals.

Have an easy day of it tomorrow, all who have to do Black Friday.
Know I won't a part of the masses that are growling at you.

Take care.

G is for Gorgeous!

'nuff said

The TVM Celebrates The Letter "G"!

Join the funWith The TVM

CAT LOVERS GUILD Image :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 6 :D

LOSSES: 8 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan Image

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image ROCK ON!!!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby notlistening » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:56 pm

So, y'all getting ready for Thanksgiving over there? Time for turkeys to be nervous... :roll:

Sorry about all your snow. I like the stuff but then again, I don't live amongst it. It's only good for skiing and pretty pictures. :wink:

Calma, Oz is quite wet right now. It's been raining on the east coast since sunday night with small patches of dryness. I don't mind rain but hope it doesn't cause more floods like what happened in Queensland in January. Hopefully it's filling up all the dams!

I can still hear my mouse but it is much quieter than the old one. I can also hear other peeps mice...You can never have a quiet open plan office. Kinda defeats the purpose? :roll:

I am Groot!
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Hello all! I tried to stop in earlier but had some technical difficulties. :P

Ate some turkey, but my fave is the mashed potatoes. :love:

Or maybe the pumpkin pie.... hmmmmmm. I'll have to think about that one. :D:D:D

Poor Calma. Doesn't get to work the holidays anymore..... ;)

So we got snow, noisy mouses, crazed shoppers. gack.

I haven't shopped on Black Friday in years. Not doing it this year either. :P

The TVM brings you the letter G.

:D

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Calma » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:22 pm

*sits by the 'puter to stay out of the way...*

My babyman is cooking up a storm.
So I'm staying here and out of his way.
I'll get the potatoes when he tells me he's ready for them.

Tooks, hope your dinner went well
And that you have lots of leftovers for sandwiches.

G is for Gorgeous!

'nuff said

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image ROCK ON!!!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:54 pm

You're not missing anything by not going to Black Friday except to see a madhouse, seeing people go all crazy and rude to pick up a few bargains. And I have to be in the middle of it. I need to go to bed, as I have to get up before midnight to get ready for work. *sigh*

The Letter G

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Frelga » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:49 pm

CR, this is just ridiculous. I can't believe people would go to the store at midnight! What's so important? :(

Nl, so now you are quiet as a mouse, hm? :P

Calma, I bet the residents at your old work still miss you and meals.

Isildilmë, glad that you are safe and the car is ok.

We are heading out, turkey in the trunk and in-laws in the car. I also made the stuffing/dressing. Lufu baked pumpkin bread almost by himself, but since MIL baked we kept the bread for ourselves. Allegedly his cousin will bring mashed potatoes and salads.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate and the rest of you have an easy Friday.
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back... Can't say no forever right?"
―Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:02 pm

I forgot how awesome holidays are. It doesn't matter what one, it just seems we made them up because they are awesome. We should have more.

I even got along well with my mother AND my brother in law. Unbelievable.
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:57 am

I'm always surprised to see the big difference between Thanksgiving for you and for us... it's not just a different day, the whole meaning as nothing to do... here we don't celebrate it... it's just a holiday, a day off work, so we are happy, but nothing special occurs. And this Black Friday... I'm happy we don't have such a nightmare... I understand that being a bit before Christmas, it's very popular ! Better then boxing day, which is sadly too late for most of Christmas parties !

I hope that all of you had a very good day with your families (for those who celebrate this day !... and if you don't, I hope you had a great day anyway !). Please be careful if you decide to go for a little shoping today !

And btw, it wasn't that expensive for the car (we had other stuff to have done, but the part directly caused by the bump in the sidewalk, so because of not having the tires changed before, costed about 150$CA to repair)... not ruining us, but enough to remember the lesson ! And the rest is all ok, I didn't get a cold, we didn't get hurt, so that's wonderful.

Yesterday night, the little carpet of snow in my courtyard had the perfect texture for snowmen... but as I have no time for a snowman, it was just disturbing and anoying...
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Gamgee Wench » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:27 am

Hi all!!! I think, maybe, I can get back to the boards again with some regularity.....I think. They told me (who are "they" anyway?) that when my kids got older I would have more time....they lied.

OK.....today is ice rink set up day......woot!

And make turkey soup day,

And relax day.

And.......well you get the picture.

(my daughter thinks we should go shopping.....silly girl. I hate crowds....with a passion)
Gamgee Wench
Mariner

Postby Storyteller » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:56 am

Fun fact for today: in the Hebrew language, the words for "turkey" and for "giving thanks" come from the same root.
"...Their aim in war with Germany is nothing more, nothing less than extermination of Hitlerism... There is absolutely no justification for this kind of war. The ideology of Hitlerism, just like any other ideological system, can be accepted or rejected, this is a matter of political views. But everyone grasps, that an ideology can not be exterminated by force, must not be finished off with a war.” - Vyacheslav Molotov, ""On the Foreign Policy of the Soviet Union", 31 October 1939
Storyteller
Mariner

Postby vison » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:37 am

Storyteller wrote:Fun fact for today: in the Hebrew language, the words for "turkey" and for "giving thanks" come from the same root.

That's wonderful, Storyteller!
GM is alive.

Osama bin Laden is dead.
vison
Ringbearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:14 am

Hmmm... interesting about the turkey thing, story. :D

I'm thankful I made enough mashed potatoes to have leftovers for lunch!!

8)

Wenchie.... time for the ice rink already? You folks should have a nice cold winter coming up. Better you than me. ;)

So.... I am working today. I thought it would be quieter than what it is...why aren't these silly people out shopping or something??? :P

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Calma » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:15 am

:hihi: Wenchie!!!
Suggest to your daughter that when she is 18 and on her own,
Then and only then can she do the Black Friday thing.
Who knows, by then she may have found her common sense.

ST, that's weird....

Hello, vison. Nice to see you in our little thread.

G is for Gorgeous!

'nuff said

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image ROCK ON!!!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:19 am

Glad to see everyone is surviving. :)

We're looking at getting a new car this weekend...or newer...Rob's van conked this week. We found three he wants to look at and the first is 86 miles away in Greensburg. :shock: But it's also the best deal, so off we go!

Always...

"I'd rather kiss a Wookie..."

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:48 am

Storyteller wrote:Fun fact for today: in the Hebrew language, the words for "turkey" and for "giving thanks" come from the same root.

How nice, that is exactly the kind of linguistic (and almost philosophic) points I like to hear of ! I will tell that to everybody now :) so you better be right, for I don't want to look like an idiot... well, I don't want to look like more idiot then what I may look like normally... :D

Hello Vison :hihi:

Good luck to find your deal Iris ! Hope it's how it was presented to you, so that it worths the 86 miles !

I'm realizing today that what I expected to occure will probably occur... we have a problem with a collegue, and we had to take some measures with her boss, and now she's angry and preparing a kind of conter-attack, manipulating some other collegues to bring them against us... I'm happy to be actually working on a distant site, because the atmosphere there is already horrible... it will be interesting when everything explodes... I knew that something like that would occur... I was conscient and "prepared"... but I worry for my other collegues... they knew it too, but did they see that it could be that intense ? Will they be strong enough to bare it ?

ahhhh working with women is a real pain... not always, not with every ones and not everywhere, I know, but there is obviously a link... *sight*

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Calma » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:55 am

I've been up against something like that before, Isildilmë.
Luck to you and your co-workers.

Iris, fingers crossed for the new vehicle.
Hope it serves you well.

Waiting for my bff to come over for some gaming.
Happy Friday to the lot of ya!

Later...

G is for Gorgeous!

'nuff said

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image ROCK ON!!!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:00 am

We found three he wants to look at and the first is 86 miles away in Greensburg.

Hee. I know Greensburg. You're getting close to my original neck of the woods.

:wink:

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Storyteller » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:30 am

Isildilmë wrote:

[color=darkred]How nice, that is exactly the kind of linguistic (and almost philosophic) points I like to hear of ! I will tell that to everybody now :) so you better be right, for I don't want to look like an idiot... well, I don't want to look like more idiot then what I may look like normally... :D

Here you go for a full explanation.
"...Their aim in war with Germany is nothing more, nothing less than extermination of Hitlerism... There is absolutely no justification for this kind of war. The ideology of Hitlerism, just like any other ideological system, can be accepted or rejected, this is a matter of political views. But everyone grasps, that an ideology can not be exterminated by force, must not be finished off with a war.” - Vyacheslav Molotov, ""On the Foreign Policy of the Soviet Union", 31 October 1939
Storyteller
Mariner

Postby Frelga » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:14 am

Isil, three out of three coworkers from Mordor I had were men. I suspect it's working with humans that's a pain. ;) Hope the situation improves.

Cool story, Teller. :)

Wenchie! :hihi: I'm thinking of a turkey soup myself.
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back... Can't say no forever right?"
―Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:35 am

Wow, very interesting (but when I said that to one of my co-workers just a few minutes ago, with the expression of somebody who has the scoop of the century, she just looked at me, not moving at all, and we agreed that I was crazy ! I mean, I was just too extatic for this kind of scoop ! :rofl:... nevermind, I'll continue anyway !)

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:38 am

Frelga wrote:Isil, three out of three coworkers from Mordor I had were men. I suspect it's working with humans that's a pain. ;) Hope the situation improves.

From Mordor :lmbo: love the image.
Of course, with men too there are some problems... but normally not from the same order... men are babies, women are manipulaters and hypocrites... I know this looks heavy with stereotypes, but my observations leed me that way... even if I was against the idea at the beginning ! And there are always exceptions

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:01 pm

Frelga makes me think of something...

I read somewhere that it was the "nickname week"... now, you'll tell me that with Internet, the weeks never ends, and I agree ! But it made me ask myself what people would answer about me : what nickname and/or diminutive would you give me ? I would normally think of Isil as a diminutive, but I think it would be too much, as I present myself as devoted to Isil (it's like if I was called "god")... I think it would be interesting to have other suggestions for diminutives, just for fun, and also nicknames, to see your perception :)... I never had nicknames (except some when I was at elementary school, but I prefer to forget about them).

I can also ask this at the Languages thread.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:07 pm

I've found in my long and colourful career that "co-workers from Mordor" come in all shapes, sizes and definitely from both genders. :P:D

Iris, safe travels and I hope the van deal is a good one! ;)

Isildime, I'm sorry I missed your previous reference to the car incident. I'm glad you're okay and that the damage was not horribly expensive. :) And I'm sorta fond of Isil as a nick for you . . . though I prefer your full name, it's very poetic. :D

*envies Calma's plans for the day* :D

Tooks wrote:I thought it would be quieter than what it is...why aren't these silly people out shopping or something???
LOL Tooks! Don't say that too loud or CR will have a nervous breakdown. :P

Speaking of CR, I hope he's holding up okay, poor guy . . . :shock:

And since I just mentioned work . . . best I get back to doing some. :P

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:16 pm

SilverScribe wrote:Isildime, I'm sorry I missed your previous reference to the car incident. I'm glad you're okay and that the damage was not horribly expensive. :) And I'm sorta fond of Isil as a nick for you . . . though I prefer your full name, it's very poetic. :D

No problem, it was not a big incident, I was more worried about the car :D. And thanks for your opinion :wink:.

I decided to create a thread on this subject at the Language forum, here, so if some people have an opinion, post it there ! I'm curious about the results (I'm also curious to see if some people will actually participate to that useless subject ! let's see).

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:34 pm

Well, I'm back. I missed the worst of the craziness which happened last night between 10 pm and 2 am. But it was still wild and crazy. I'm glad I got out. Why do people torture themselves like this.

Well, I made my own leftovers, making stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and a turkey breast so I can have sandwiches. Cranberry sauce, too. And pumpkin pie. Since I can't have leftovers from a dinner anymore, I have to make my own. And it's still delicious.

The Letter G

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:34 pm

So my store decided to start 3 new people today, all in the same department with no one else.

So I was assigned training duty. On the busiest day of the year. Fun stuff. Feel bad for the new people. People were so rude to them :(

"WHY DON'T YOU LET HIM (me) DO IT SO I CAN GET OUT OF HERE, KOHLS WAS FASTER!!!!"

Good, go to Kohls. I don't care.
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Calma » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:39 pm

Ooo, Lewie, what a way to start a new job.
Did they know what they were getting into?
Too bad you couldn't tell the customer to go to Kohl's

CR, happy to see you survived the crazies at Wal-Mart.
I know you and Lewie will have a few more days of headaches,
But hopefully not as bad as today.

You both are made of strong stuff.

Izzy works for me, Isildilmë.

Totally don't miss workers from Mordor.
Nope, not at all...

Gaming was fun. It always is.
My bff just left a bit ago.
Now I wait until next Friday.

Have a good weekend all.
Later...

G is for Gorgeous!

'nuff said

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image ROCK ON!!!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby heliona » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:01 am

nl, I got a Christmas card from Tygs and Logan earlier this week. Yikes about your niece - I hope things work out for her eventually.

I just got some great news!!! The nodule is benign so they want to keep an eye on it by doing another ultrasound in about 6 months.

Vana, that's brilliant news! :hug:

ST, some sort of savings is definitely a good idea, and having an employee pension fund is generally considered a good thing. Ask someone who has retired and doesn't have much money! I suppose it depends on how much you'd be able to save on your own. (However, I'm speaking from the point of view of someone who's pension is about to completely torn apart by the current government if they get their way.)

I don't understand Black Friday. Why do people go out shopping at stupid hours in the morning to fight with other crazy people to get "bargains" (that aren't actually bargains - the retailers are still making a profit) on items that they don't want or need. A riot over a waffle iron?! :shock: Seriously?! Who actually uses a waffle iron on a regular basis? I bet it's not anyone that got one in a sale on a whim. I don't particularly like shopping in crowds at the best of times, so something like Black Friday I'd consider my worst nightmare. Fortunately, we don't have anything like that here. We do having Boxing Day sales, although in recent times due to the economy and people tightening their belts, the sales have been spread out over a longer period, so there hasn't been a rush on products.

No s*** here yet, although we do have the traditional winter gales. Our November has been pretty mild up until now and apparently the British public have very short memories, because now they're moaning about the weather. Strong winds and rain is typical winter weather for us! :roll:
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive