PCE Thread of Denial--A Full Thread. Mods, please lock.

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Re: PCE Thread of Denial--A New Beginning

Postby earendil81 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:55 am

Robin, you will get back your horsey shield in no time, you're already another 100 or so messages away from 10k... ;)

Lin, think about it I am almost 11 as well and have not even reached 5,000 but I was never a huge poster anyway. Come to think of it I am a moderator on a Harry Potter website which I joined in 2005 and I have barely over 1000 posts there :lol:.

I like to think that I have learned not to post just about anything that goes through my mind although I do have sometimes the desire to just post a one liner... But the truth is that I also had a huge complex about people not reading what I wrote initially (and for the longest time) so there were (and still are some days) times when I would write a message and not post it since I would think it was of no interest to anyone really :P
Funny how insecurities are so hard to get rid of because that one has definitely stayed with me since I was a teenager. Kept hearing that no one cared about what I thought, ended up believing it.

Not sure why I am hit by melancholy today :P. Maybe because I did not get to have a real weekend :lol:. Weather is grey. I don't mind the cold but I like sunny. Me think I'll be wearing bright colours today, just to keep a sunny temper :lol:.
ImageNever forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:41 am

I read your posts, Eari. :hug:

Besides, sometimes it's better to have quality posts.

But WHY is the rum always gone?

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Ladykat » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:11 pm

earendil81 wrote:I would write a message and not post it since I would think it was of no interest to anyone really

Hey, I seriously doubt anyone reads half of what I post. Not that any of my posts are all that riveting.

I am far and away from any rings or maritime symbols and I'm going on eleven years myself. Oh well. :|

I'm denying that it's going to be so freaking cold out tonight, that I have to worry about my water pipes freezing. :x

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby oldtoby » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:59 pm

IrisBrandybuck wrote:I read your posts, Eari. :hug:

Besides, sometimes it's better to have quality posts.

nope

:wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Linteannaiel » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:34 pm

Eari, I think everyone posts at their own pace. I definitely don't make as many posts in one day as I used to, which I think is a good thing, because I'm sure many of my posts in my early days on TORC were not quality posts. Since then I've learned to put a lot more thought into my posts, and I don't often post one-liners, unless I'm in a thread where I don't have much to say, or that's the type of thread it is (such as in Music or Tom's House). I just know I would have had a much higher post count if I hadn't taken so many extended breaks from TORC. I would have slowed down no matter what, though.. that's kind of inevitable. ;) :P

Honestly, I doubt anyone reads half of what I post, either. I just keep posting anyway. :rofl:

Hey Toby. ;) :D
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby earendil81 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 am

Thanks Iris and Lin :hug:...

LK, I read everything that is written on the forum; I tend to think that if people take the time to type and post it means something to them. I may not have anything to answer to it but sometimes it is best to stay silent :)

I just figured out why I was feeling like that yesterday. I had forgotten how medication can mess up with my emotions :lol:... hormones :roll:...

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:10 am

and I may read something but not comment on it. I think that's what a lot of people do.

:hug:

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Linteannaiel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:59 pm

I do that too, Iris. It's almost impossible to comment on everything, unless you're Rwhen (and that's a compliment ;) :D).

Hope you're feeling better today, Eari. Hugs for you! :hug:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby earendil81 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:30 am

Linteannaiel wrote:I do that too, Iris. It's almost impossible to comment on everything, unless you're Rwhen (and that's a compliment ;) :D).

Hope you're feeling better today, Eari. Hugs for you! :hug:

I have decided to not go to work before 12:30pm today because it has taken too much out of me.
I was exhausted last night... I may have to let go of people just so the others take me seriously and I hate having to do that - I don't think it's proper management style but how long will I have to deal with overt/covert insubordination otherwise? :( :(

I should have slept a little longer I guess but I'll catch up on Friday me think; a nice long sleep until I go to my singing lesson :D :D

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Guruthostirn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:12 am

Eari, I understand not wanting to let anyone go just to make a statement. But if you're getting any insubordination, be very, very clear it won't be tolerated, you are the boss, and if you get any further insubordination there will be immediate terminations. I've been there, and I didn't put my foot down when I should have. It caused my job to be very stressful, and it eventually cost me my position.

As my current manager would put it, the only stress a manager should have is from the stuff he is directly responsible for. We know our actions cannot be allowed to cause him any problems. If we do cause him stress he will address it, then let us go if we don't shape up. If we even hint at insubordination we are immediately reminded of how replaceable we are.

Don't let anything except for your own direct performance bother you. If someone or something is a problem, change it before letting it affect you.

(sorry if I'm overly pushy, this is a topic that is way too close to me, and I don't want to see anyone go through the stress I did.)
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:58 am

I hope it gets better for you, Eari!

Dr. Pepper on Sgt. Pepper anniversary!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby earendil81 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Cock-Robin wrote:I hope it gets better for you, Eari!

Oh it will. It just is because I am tired.

Guru, thanks. That's what I'll do. I needed the reminder I guess ;)

A crapy day in terms of results today but much has been achieved... I will change the dynamic of my room tomorrow. Should change the mindframe of people... Sleep will do me good too me think :D :). WIll get to bed shortly.

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:28 am

Sleep has amazing healing properties. :hug:

Just over 1,200 more until my second ring. :D

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Go for it. I have a ton to go before my second ring. But I'm working to get my horsey back.

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby earendil81 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:37 am

well it looks like I was wrong... and not as strong as I imagine myself to be. I had a revolution on my hands yesterday and I had to take a step back.
I HATE that; I am not the type of person who decides something and changes her mind. Not my style. But I am also not entirely stupid; if only 2 people had been unhappy about the change I would have pushed it but I can't fight 10 unless I fire them all. And I don't know that my bosses would be happy about it.
One is on final warning though because she swatted at me to tell me to not add a word... I don't make rush decision in anger but honestly I was just about to fire her butt. Instead I had a meeting with her and told her that any further action of disrespect would be the last one. She did not catch my drift because she said that the case was closed :roll:. I am particularly angry at myself for relenting because these ladies now probably believe they can do what the hell they want.
But I honestly did not have the energy to fight an entire group; I am exhausted and working 12 hours a day is not helping. I could not even sleep this morning because this situation keeps me awake.
I don't believe in constant fight and I don't like to act like a tyrant but they act like entitled brats and that makes me really angry. In fact in hindsight one of them threatened to make me lose my job... should do something about that... But mostly I am disappointed because some people whom I thought would go along with the change were extremely angry.

I am sorry I'm complaining so much; I am just exhausted and to be honest also dejected and jealous :roll:. It seems my treatment is going nowhere and lady friends around me are all getting pregnant. Let's not even talk about the constant flow of celeb's these days who are having babies, getting pregnant and showing it off. It really seems to be happening just when I can't. I know it's very self-centered and totally off as the world is definitely not rallying to make me feel bad... I know it but I feel like crap.

I am sorry you guys get the brunt of this; I guess it's mostly when I am on my own with no one to talk to that this hits me bad... And to be honest I did not speak about this with my husband because he would have been upset that I let my team force me to step back. He would have fired the lot of them but I did not have the guts to do it. Oh I should stop kidding myself they are not "my" team; they are obviously - for the most part - their own team and I probably should fire them all but I do feel bad because I know how hard it is to find a job in the market these days... and I don't manage with threats it's not me. Oh well...

On the other hand my father had his final chemo before the super aggressive one that will keep him in a sterile room for 3 weeks and he is doing really well. He is not looking forward to the next step but after that final step he should be cancer free; by his 60th Bday so that's good. :D :D at least he's got good news...

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Guruthostirn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:19 am

Eari that is good news about your father! And I'm sorry your meeting did not go well. Don't be afraid to fire one or two of them. It sounds as if the whole group doesn't perceive you as their boss, the person they are responsible to. But you are their boss, whether they like it or not. Yes, you may have backed down in front of the whole group, but have more of the individual meetings with your people. And if any of them try to push things, thinking they broke you at the group meeting, fire them on the spot. Eventually the rest will get the message and adapt or look for other jobs if they are unhappy enough. I don't know how you handle finding new employees, but start preparing for vacancies in the team, and don't hide it. You can do this!
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:12 am

Ditto on what Guru said. Eari, I know what you mean, I am not a confrontational person, which drives my husband up a wall. I will avoid conflict at all costs. I'm currently facing a situation at my church where I don't know whether to shut up or speak up. :hug: Do you have anyone in authority above you whom you trust and could ask advice of?

A suggestion. Call a meeting of each person, one at a time, tell them you don't appreciate insubordination, that you want to work as a team but they must understand you are the boss. Say you don't want to fire anyone, much less everyone, especially in this economy, but if the disrespect continues you must take action...if they are disrespectful to you and your position, it will translate to other jobs. Be prepared to stick to your guns and, like Guru said, be prepared to fire the first one to step over the line. When you do so, call them to a private meeting, explain the infraction, explain you are letting them go, say you are very sorry but they were given clear guidelines on what was expected of them, etc. In fact, if you can, record the conversation. In fact, if you can, write this all out (have it prepared beforehand, you can make up a form letter to have ready where you just add their name) date it, sign it, have THEM sign it saying they understand, and date it.

Oh, dear friend, I wish I could make it all easier for you! :hug: Do you mind if I say a prayer for you?

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:16 am

I agree with Iris. If they don't get it, let them go. I'm sorry they think they're a bunch of entitled brats that can just walk all over you. I hope it gets better for you, Eari!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby earendil81 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:16 am

Iris :hug: prayers are welcome... thank you for your thoughts

Guru, Iris, thank you both really... I know you are right in the steps to take; it's just that it kills me to have worked so hard to keep them here and I thought that they had come aboard the train. No one likes being wrong I guess.

Thank you thank you :)

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Tell them that too. :hug: I prayed, and I'll try to pray more for you.

CR: I've been meaning to tell you, Richard Simmons was on Morning Edition on NPR the other morning. I only got to hear the very tail end, but I think it was Thursday or Wednesday...you can probably get on their website and find it. :)

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Ladykat » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:58 pm

Eari----you said that one woman swatted at you? You mean she actually tried to hit you?
Oh, she would have been out the door right then and there!

Iris is right---talk to these witches one on one, put everything in writing, and make them sign it. That way they can't come back later and claim they didn't know they were doing anything wrong.

Talk to your bosses and explain the situation if thats possible. I doubt they'd have a problem with you getting rid of this bunch of losers. It doesn't sound like they're much of an asset to the company.

LK
Ladykat

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:31 am

Hidey ho, neighbors! :D

How was the weekend?

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Linteannaiel » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Eari, I hope things improve at work. You're the manager, and if the people who work for you don't treat you with respect, they don't deserve to work for you! :hug:

Iris, I had a good weekend, not too eventful, though I did see my best friend for the first time in a month, since she was down in Southern California visting her relatives.

How was your weekend? :)

Only 50 posts away from my ring! :angel:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby earendil81 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:02 am

Well work will have to do... other things are more important I guess.
At least it goes to show that bullying :P is not only from manager to staff it can be the other way around :lol: :roll:.

Great learning lesson although I am having a hard time showing a happy face. But that's not only their doing... treatment did not work so I move to the next level of fertility treatment... just to add another layer of stress to my life :roll:

Oh well on the other hand the muse is in a great place... I feel like writing a lot. Not necessarily happy thoughts but I have written 15 pages of my novel in the past couple of days so that's not bad :D :D.
Gotta get back on the floor but I'll pass by later... pulling a 12 hour shift today (yes I was at work over an hour ago and running till 9pm) so I'll get myself a decent 1 hour lunch if I can :P
Cheers

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Ladykat » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:30 am

A few posts ago I was denying I missed the Puppy Bowl.

Seems I haven't missed it after all.

For some reason I thought it was on New Years Day.

It isn't. It's Feb. 3rd.

LK
Ladykat

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:45 am

Lin: that's cool! :D

We were busy this weekend. We went to 90th birthday party on Saturday and when I got home I went to take a bath...no water! :shock: I guess the pressure switch to the pump burned out. Also turned out that the pipe leading to the outside spicket burst. :roll: So we had to get parts Sunday and Rob fixed everything.

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Linteannaiel » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:55 pm

Wow, that's unfortunate timing! :shock: Right when you wanted to take a bath, there was no water. Glad Rob fixed everything so quickly! 8)

LK, I've seen the Puppy Bowl once or twice. It's soooo adorable. I'd watch it if I had cable. ;) :D

Eari, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now, and a 12-hour shift on top of it! Hang in there. :hug:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:48 am

I'm discovering that old houses have tricksy personalities. They time things. :D

His brother is going to come and look at the well and pump today and they're going to discuss options.

IrisBrandybuck

Postby earendil81 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:32 am

I have to post my 4450th post here :) :) - 50 away from the horsey shield and 550 from the blue wheel of death :D

It is far too early for me to be up I realize. There is no way I'll be able to get to the gym before I rest somewhat. I kid myself thinking that I will be able to bring myself to spend energy I don't have :P :P... Keep hoping though :P

I'll be doing a little bit of cleanup this morning probably - mostly folding the laundry and putting it away. The 12 hour shift was a long one... especially after the news from the gynaecologist but well... I think I was good enough not to let my agents see that I was not in a good place. They did say I looked tired - yay well you know having to push a wall everyday can be exhausting :lol: - but that was it.
Tired does not even cover it but well...

On the other hand I got to write for 30 minutes yesterday and I will try and do the same today... if the muse can be coaxed into coming out for some fun. :P :P

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:24 pm

I can not deny that I had to read back to see what all is going on, but I am here for you Eari!! :hug: I know it is a tough place to be in when so many are getting pregnant. I remember when I was at that stage and the doctor told me I COULD NOT have children. I cried! I felt so low and not worth anything. All my friends and even a sister in law was pregnant and I was told NO. It hurt so I know the pain you are feeling.

My advice to you sweet dear friend is to relax and not even think about it now. Just enjoy life, do your job as well as you can at work and stop letting stress rule you at this time. I know it is difficult but if you relax then you can get to a healthier and better place for it to happen. :hug: Love you dear one and will be praying for you. I know folks who tried for years, could not get pregnant and when they finally gave up and forgot about it, BANG, they were pregnant. So relax and enjoy your life together with all the benefits, the rest will happen if it is going to happen. Love you!!

Oh and one day the doctor let it slip that I SHOULD NOT have children not that I could not. So I found a place to work from with him and asked if I could try. He finally gave in and said yes he would let me attempt being pregnant once and if there were complications that he would put an end to it all once and for all. Well I did get pregnant and did have my daughter. She was extremely healthy and I now have two beautiful grand kids. So it can happen hon, but sometimes we have to wait till our bodies say it is right. So don't give up just let it happen in its own time. Relax is the best thing and be the healthiest and happiest you can be and let life takes it course!!! I will pray hard for this for you!!!!
Last edited by Vanaladiel on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive