HHEEELLLLLOOOO - The Home Alone Thread

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby rwhen » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Vandarlin' :hug: <----doubled up and right back to you. :D I hope that you are getting some needed rest today and enjoying the day with Guru there as well. :D

Scribbles. Delighted to see you finally and okay, I won't ask - but I doubt that I need to. Sorry the day is flying by you with so much to get done. But I have to wonder if you left your intimidation tool at home today when taking the mother to the annual?????? Hmmmmm.

*runs*

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:15 pm

rwhen darlin it has been great getting to post with you again today!! :hug: I hope the rest of the week goes smoothly for you and that your weekend is one of rest and recuperation!! Love ya hon!!143 :hug: :rose:

Scribbles get some rest this weekend doll, you deserve it!! :hug:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Thank you and right back to you. I am less than an hour from forwarding phones and I might just slip out any way. I also hope that your work days until Sunday off again go smoothly and swiftly. Give Guru my best for continued enjoyment on his holiday week and see you back here as soon as possible. :hug: :heart: 143

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Hamfast Gamgee » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Just popped in to say 'Hello, thread!' Hello, thread!
Hamfast Gamgee
Shield Bearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:28 pm

Yep, four days going on three. I can't wait! Especially with the library being closed for President's Day on the20th. :( I WANT MY COMPUTER!

I love french toast, too!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Silverberry_Spritely » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 pm

CR - I want you to have your computer! D:

Hamfast - HI!

Rwhen - Sounds busy. Try not to overwork. Slip out when you can, is my experience.

Vana - Yes, sadly. And I love TORC in the short time I've been here. I hate that it's having issues. :(

Scribbles - Hello to you!

Dub - Congrats on the son. I'd recommend Thomas for my great, great doc who saved my life, but I'm biased.

Iris - Hello to you!

Morwenna - Bring me back something good! ;_; But have fun!

Hamlet - Happy birthday, Ham-ham. ;)

Linny - Glad to hear things are better, dear. Let us know how tomorrow goes.

Frelga - That sounds nice on the pancakes. :)

So we're home, Mom, Dad, and me! Mom's doing well, but her insurance refused to fill her Coumadin prescription (blood thinner), and her doctor wouldn't budge and allow a warfarin (generic) substitute. I spent a day in a deadlock, called the doctor's nurse four times, the pharmacy six times, and the insurance four times. It ended with me yelling at the insurance that it was going to cost them 60k when she had a DVT and ended up in the hospital with a heart attack, rather than covering the $76 prescription. The representative got flustered and finally broke down and gave me the exact number to give the nurse.

I called the nurse, and rather than accepting her voicemail since it was 4 and she was leaving in 30 minutes, I'd just hold. I got her on the line and stayed on hold when she agreed to finally give and call the pharmacy instead of the insurance so we could call it tonight. (I wanted her to do this yesterday, and she argued, and since she'd get in trouble with her boss, my mom's doctor, for making my mom go without a blood thinner post-hip replacement. Mind you, we were at my mom's GP's office getting her PT&INR checked [how thick her blood is]. It was EXTREMELY thick. I'd been calling since yesterday afternoon and started again when the office opened and this still wasn't resolved. My parents are old and retired; they don't just have $76 to throw around, and nor do they have the health to just go without meds and hope they don't throw a blood clot.

The drive through was packed at the pharmacy. Nothing makes me angrier than when lazy slugs pull up to the drive through, prescription in hand, and throw it at the pharm tech, with no regard for the people behind them. GO IN THE PHARMACY. THE DRIVE THROUGH IS FOR PEOPLE WHO CALLED IN THE SCRIPT. So I went in after waiting 10 minutes in line since Mom was hurting. The tech says to me, "So is her prescription filled?" I don't know. You're on the side of the counter to best determine it. Unless I jack-knife over, I can't answer your riddle, Joker.

Earlier in the day: Work's a mess. I had to fill out two incident reports - One for a pimple that burst, and the other for my patient's father giving her Gatorade. Apparently I'm not allowed to let a parent give their own child Gatorade, or if I witness such horrid abuse, I must call the doctor. It's convinced me just to omit some things in my notes so I don't get in trouble in the future. And here's the thing: They asked me to work an extra day. So I guess the nurse who had to report two incidents still isn't the worst option. <_< And the pimple... Apparently, I am supposed to call the doc's home phone to say, "THIS TWEEN'S PIMPLE BURST! WHAT DO I DO? YUCKY STUFF CAME OUT!" And I didn't have an order for washing the pimple after. I am not kidding. But I got my check at least.

Before my mom's appointment, since it hurts her to be in the car, I got my mom's medical supplies. At first she said she didn't want her walker and cane since my dad has a walker. She changed her mind after I went through an hour ordeal to get everything else. I'll get the rest tomorrow. Went shopping afterwards... Had to go to Tractor Supply and get two 40 lb. bags of black oil sunflower seeds because Mom feeds all the birds and had a 15% off coupon. Then I ran over to Walmart and bought groceries and dog food and cat treats. My mom's friends were there, and as much as I like them and hate to be rude, I was pressed for time and had to stop them talking about their grandkids because I was going to be late for picking up Mom for her appointment.

I am really grateful to our neighbor and his brother. They've loaned us med supplies when we couldn't pick them up last night, and they kept my dad company while Mom had surgery and I watched the dogs. My mom's friends were also great for letting the dogs out while I was with Mom and Dad had his doctor's appointment.

And work has its good points. I just feel like the auditor doesn't like me. I talked to my boss today and she even agreed the auditor is reading too much into it. I did everything the auditor asked, though, as not to stir the waters too much. We'll see.

So glad today is over. Tomorrow I just have to get more meds for parents, check on a cane and walker, and tan.
Silverberry_Spritely
Shield Bearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:36 am

:hihi:

I forget what I was going to say...

I think I'd just let some things slip by too, Silverberry. I mean, a pimple? Gatorade? Wow...

CR: :hug: It will be here soon.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rwhen » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:58 am

HELLLLOOOOOOOOO the house!!

It is Friday and a very happy one to everyone. *jigs* Again rainy and chilly out, with possible sun breaks late in the afternoon. Hope everyone has a great day.

Hamfast. Hello right back to you, enjoy the weekend.

CR. You will make it.....Three days to go!!! :D Hang in there.

Silverberry, what a ride you have been on the past few. Glad to read that the mother is going to be fine and go the meds that she needs even with the gymnastics you had to go through. On the incident reports!! What??? Popping a pimple and giving someone Gaterade is an incident? They are pretty dang touchy...Geesh. Hope it is all up tone from here out. Good luck today!!! :hug:

Hey Iris. Hope today goes by easily and you enjoy the weekend.

Scribbles, how was your Amy Day? Glorious as ever I hope. May sliding happen swiftly. Have a great productive but restful weekend.

Vanadarlin' :hug: 143 great to see you yesterday. Have a lovely Sunday off, miss you. :D

Rosie Lass? *many crickets*

basillllly one....where are you? What are you up to? Thinking about you.

SHOUT OUTS: vison, Calma, Imi friend, Frelga lady, P darlin' J, Tooks, portia, Morwenna, Karlina, Tarina, Drieske, Gollum Girl, Lin,DUBSIES, RUNZIES, heliona, Rowan, Jae, Bardy, Windy, rosenchanted, HighDruid, Leoba, Renowen, Guru, Parm, Lewie, oldtoby, hamlet, JonnySnitzel, Bilbo25, Crucifer, frodolives, Alasse, lenne and Gladhaniel.

Make it a great one everyone.

and

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:19 am

. . . saunters in . . .

And quick Friday HALLLOOOOO da thread!! :D

Sooooo much to catch up on . . . and if I try to hit everything I'll just miss someone. So the Reader's Digest version again . . . ;)

Vana, I really hope you can find something to soothe those hives on a permanent basis; CR, hang in there, only a few more days until you're Computered Up again; Dubs hope you're feeling better and sending healing vibes your way (for the Rohan Man's extraction too); safe travels to Morwenna and of course, :hihi: to my one and only TORC mom, rwhen. :)

Silverberry_Spritely wrote:Tomorrow I just have to get more meds for parents, check on a cane and walker, and tan.

Sorry you had such an awful day yesterday, Silverberry and hopefully today will be better. You do understand the extra dangers of artificial "tanning" right? Elevated Melanoma risk and all that? I recently lost a very dear friend to Melanoma so I'm just, y'know . . . askin' . . .

Sooooo, Friday already. Not that I'm complaining mind you, not with Monday being a holiday and this weekend being a much needed break. :) Amy Day was perfect as usual, so it's just eight hours to go and then I can close the door on this week and sliiiiiiiide into the loooooooong weekend. :D Which should be another glorious three days weather-wise as long as you're not wanting to go cross-country skiing. :P STILL no snow in sight. Sheesh. This has to be a record of some sort or another LOL. rwhen darlin', I'll try and blow a little of our bright sunshine down your way. :D

Hope everyone has a wonderful day whether working or relaxing. :)

. . . leaves a huge tray of fresh-baked scones on the side table and slips out . . .

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Calma » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:36 am

*...runs in...grabs a fist full of scones...runs out....*

September is Breakfast Month in the TVM!!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 51 :D
LOSSES: 52 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Scones?

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Dubatuluk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Can't stay for long, gotta go back into town for work. Just dropped in to say that the Rohan Man's tooth extraction failed. He passed out before they could finish and the tooth was not budging anyway. We have to schedule him with an oral surgeon instead. *sigh*

:hihi: all! Hope your Friday is going splendiferously!
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Gah Dubs, I truly feel for your poor Rohan Man. :(

Yep, Iris. Scones. Proper Scottish scones should look like this, but my version looks more like this. ;)

Sometimes I make cheese ones, other times it's raisin ones, or maybe blueberry ones, or some days orange/craisin ones . . . depends on how I feel (and what I have in the house, LOL).

For you folks, it's a variety tray . . . :P

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby basil » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Morwenna wrote:Item the first: today is my 65th birthday.

Sorry for the lateness of my Happy B-Day wish, so Happy BirthDay +4 days!

RMS wrote:basilly.. do you ride your bike a lot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0nQiiES9_I

As much as I can. I patched up the tube successfully and now it's all back to its pristine wheelie glorie.

:)

Any excuse to post some Queen. :wink:

hamlet wrote:Dratted double posts!

They're conspiring to make me look bad I say!

So Heaven has graced us with another year of hamletry and dee-peeing to boot.

God be praised and Happy Birthday to You!

:)

wrennie wrote:basilllllly one?? What is up with you? Where are you?

ha ha, you'll never ever guess what happened to me! had to have been kizmet, like that.

Great weekend to you.

b
basil
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:11 pm

basillllly, you are right, I would never be able to guess what happened to you. Do you want to share with the class? :P Glad you bike is up and wheeling now. :D I hope you weren't in some sort of mishap. :shock:

DUBSIES...ouch. That is awful. I hope they are able to do that extraction once he is put under. Have a restful weekend. :hug:

Oooooh scones!! Thank you Scribbles. :D With the week you have had, the weekend BETTER offer the promise of some relaxation and enjoyment. I will be thinking of you. :D

:hihi: Calma and Iris. :D Enjoy the weekend.

*grabs a handful of scones and heads out*

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby basil » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Dubatuluk wrote:Baby was waaaaaayy active and sometimes hard to pin down for actual shots and measurements and such, but it was an overall success. Baby's a boy.

Sounds typical. :)

And "Jack Donovan" easily translates to "Jay Dee". Good both ways, I think, and congratulations and best wishes for you and yours.

Scribbles wrote:and if I try to hit everything I'll just miss someone.

We'll be forewarned and duck appropriately.

*waves a hearty hi ho to all the Denny Zens and off I go for a while.*

b
basil
Mariner

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:02 pm

I feel a bit late in saying this, but congrats on your j00l basil! :happydance:

Silverberry - I love tanning as well. I go a couple of times a week. It's a little vacation in a box. :love:

Welp...gotta head out, but I wanted to post one more time before we move on to our new home! :D

Hope everyone gets a 3 day weekend for the holiday! :happydance:
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby basil » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Evenstar_of_Imladris wrote:I feel a bit late in saying this, but congrats on your j00l basil!

But it looks much better on you. :wink:

"Evenstar in a box"

Verrry interestink.

wrennie wrote:Do you want to share with the class

Well.

You know of the computer woes every buddy's been having here, to varying degree?

Our ISP delivers its internet goodies to us via AT&T equipment. So there I was this past Tuesday AM, about to move on over to TORC, and suddenly lost our connection. We only got it back this AM. The ATT tech came to our place to check our wiring, and admitted the error of ATT's ways.

So, we're back.

miz b was at the doctor today to have her pre-op for surgery Wednesday next week for her right eye, and the 29th for the left.

All is well.

Vana darlin', poor dear, I wish I had that Magic Wand for healing. Lacking that, the best for you.

b
basil
Mariner

Postby basil » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:22 pm

heliona wrote:Also a tip for when writing long posts on TORC. Either write them in Word/Notepad etc first, or else copy the post before you press "Submit". Lots of posts have been lost due to the vagaries of the internet!

Wiser words were ne'er written.

At least since the Internet Age anyway. :)

Morwenna wrote:And that's why I will not be retiring any time soon; as long as hubby is unemployed (and I don't really see him ever getting employed now), I have to keep working for the health insurance till he's old enough for Medicare, 9 years from now. (I'll have been here 9 years this month, though I was a temp here for 2 years before that.) I wish I could retire. But having lost a job 11 years ago which stopped any contributions to a retirement account, and having to raid it (them, actually) when things were tight, and then having hubby lose his long-time job 6 years ago and have to occasionally raid his account even after I got back on my feet, and then what was left got so reduced in the stock fracas of a few years ago, well, there ain't no frickin' way I can afford to retire!!! Pardon the gross misuse of the language..

One of these days, we may eventually reach Civilization and the Supremacy of Law.

The obscenity does not lie with you, but with the criminals of finance and with the politicians who protect them.

And worse, but I won't pursue the matter here.

But Morwenna, you are a criminal of sorts.

Cradle robber! :lol:

Silverberry wrote:Vana - Yes, sadly. And I love TORC in the short time I've been here. I hate that it's having issues

Well, you've made a good impression in your short time here.

TORC issues are probably not your fault.

I'm nearly sure of it. :P

Hello to Iris, the elusives Calma and Tooks, CR and miss berry!

b
basil
Mariner

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:42 pm

I WANT MY COMPUTER! Especially since I'll have to be away from the library tomorrow due to my work schedule, and Monday due to it being closed for President's Day. I can't wait!

I love french toast, too!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Silverberry_Spritely » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:10 pm

Basil, I don't know. I let horrible things happen in my presence, like allowing children to have Gatorade, and don't report popped pimples to doctors. Are you SURE you trust me? :p What made you lose the connection? My parents had internet issues and had a lost connection for three days. Turns out they got switched from a static IP to a dynamic one and weren't informed.

Evenstar, exactly! I used to go a lot, but now I'm just going this month to work on lightening some scars. It's sooo nice, though. I love UV effects on acne, too. Helps a lot if you do it in moderation.

Morwenna, you certainly seem like a very youthful 65. I hope you feel as young as you come across. :)

Scribbles, I love scones! I bet yours are great. And yes, I know it's bad in excess. I have a couple surgical scars I've given two years to lighten, and I figured 100 minutes of tanning should be okay. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend; I should definitely know better as a nurse and cancer patient (ovarian), but I'm so pleased with the results. After having a large tumor/one ovary removed, my stomach looks almost normal with the tanning. I work pretty hard to be fit, and it's nice to be able to wear a bikini without looking like an extra from The Walking Dead. I have 45 minutes left, and then since I'm getting a tattoo in March, I'll keep my torso covered and out of the sun until it's well-healed in mid-summer. Thank you for caring.

Dubs, aww, I hope the fella feels better soon.

Hello, rwhen! Yep, I allowed a father to give his own child Gatorade. Clearly, I am an evil, evil woman.

Iris, yes. I hate lying by omission, but work's strict. I'm all for things like random drug testing and being careful with her controlled meds, but I'm not too keen on calling the doctor because she had a pimple burst. And I don't think the doctor would like it if I actually followed through. (It was a medium pimple, I guess... Less than 1 cm. If it matters.)

Today was better. Turns out we're having a considerable snow coming... Ended up running to town three times. If it snows a lot, all the animals have enough dry food, wet food, and treats. I also got a lot of people food, and I suspect my dad just wanted a lot of snack food and exaggerated the upcoming storm. But we have donuts (powdered and chocolate), chips, coleslaw, macaroni salad, a few assorted meals, all my parents' meds.

Also took Mom back to her PCP for another PT&INR - Unfortunately, her blood isn't much thinner. We'll return Monday to have it tested again. Tomorrow's my long night at work, and when the weather's bad, my boss drives me. (Wonderful company policy!) I told work I can't work any day shift while my mom's recovering; there's simply too much for my dad to handle. They've been very respectful, and I agreed to pick up an extra night shift this week. Dreading checking my work mail after these incident reports I had to do, though. (Guess who will never mention another pimple ever again?)

I made a new friend... This stray cat, a big tabby, presumably male by the looks, has a giant abscessed, stinky ear, and has been so sick and pitiful he doesn't even run when we go out with the cat food. My dad's even taken pity on the old thing... Since he's kind of stinky and nasty and he's won us over, we've named him Grima. :D My mother has a cat named Musty, so Musty and Grima kind of fit together.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Silverberry_Spritely
Shield Bearer

Postby Dubatuluk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Silver, all I can say is :shock: & :roll: seriously? That's one thing I'd probably get in trouble for doing is actually following through every time a pimple burst just to see how they actually like it. Sometimes I get too snarky. :P

Scribbles, mmmmMMmmMmmMmm...Scones. :) My mom tries to make them like in the first picture but often time they come out a little in between both. lol.

I'm so tired but I don't want to go to bed. It was a looooooooooooong day and I drove a total of around 50-60 miles today all told. *faints* We can't get the Rohan Man into an oral surgeon until the 28th, and the only oral surgeons we can access are in cities a good 2hr. drive away (in good weather) because none of the good doctors and surgeons stay in our economically depressed Valley since they can't be paid what they're worth. Apparently the dentists will stop the extraction of a tooth if a patient passes out or is in a ton of pain regardless of how inconvenient it is for said person to have to schedule another appointment etc.

My poor boy is out cold at the moment. I got home to find him asleep with a towel still on his head from his shower. Luckily the pain is significantly reduced, and I got more Vicodin down him to keep ahead with the pain.

In fun news, the Princess still doesn't understand that the baby is not here yet, and/or how a person can get pictures of the baby while in utero. I sat down at my in-laws' to talk for a while and moved a page out of a magazine that had a picture of a baby playing with a dog and handed it to her, to which she said "Awwwwwwwwwww! Is that the new baby??"

*face palm*

Even after saying "no" she asked "Is the baby at home with you?"

:P

"When did I say the baby was going to come?"

"At the end of June?"

"Yes. And is it June yet?'

"No. How many days until February is over?"

Ahhhhh the five and half year old mind. :D
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Linteannaiel » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:39 am

Hellooooo! :hihi: Just popping in for a quick flyby tonight! James is here with me, and we leave in the morning for our Valentine's trip. :D

Rwhen, you were right about wrongly assuming that this trip is the one to Disneyland.. that isn't until June, for our anniversary, and I'll definitely mention it before then. ;) This is just our belated Valentine's Day trip. :D Haha, if the evil manager does go more evil, Scribbles and her pickle slicer will definitely be welcome. :rofl: Seriously, though, he's not that bad, it's just that I'd gotten in trouble and it was upsetting. I worked with him on Thursday and he was in a good mood. He's an obnoxious prankster most of the time, but he is nice when it comes down to it. ;) :P Hope you have a great weekend, too! :D :hug:

Vana, glad you had some time off with Guru! Any update on when your new computer will arrive? :D

Scribbles wrote:
And if he goes more evil, we will send Scribbles down with her pickle slicer to go all medieval on his sorry self.

:evilaugh: MMUUUUUAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!111 :evilaugh:

:rofl: Scribbles, thanks for having my back. ;) Glad you had a good Amy Day, and I hope you have a nice, restful weekend. :D

Silverberry, sounds like you've been through a lot recently, hope things slow down a bit for you! :hug:

Dubs, sorry to hear your hubby's tooth extraction didn't go well, and good luck with the oral surgeon. Your little princess sounds adorable.. hehe. :D

Well, I'm off! G'night all, and have a great Saturday! :grouphug:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:40 am

*stumbles in*

What? Nobody up?

:D

*raids the fridge and makes a nice cheese omelet*

Got any grapefruit juice in the house? Hey...lookit. Over 2000 posts!

:D

Breakfast. :D

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby rowanberry » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:51 am

I'm gone for a couple of days and you people post so much that we'll need a new thread... :wink:

The last couple of days were a nightmare at work; especially, why is it that just on Friday, customers decide to call and want explanations to about everything between heaven and earth? But on Thursday, I had my usual dance class, and on Friday, an extra dance workshop, after which I went to see a show. So, there hasn't been much time for TORC, and I don't even try to catch up with everything here...

Hope you're all having a nice weekend! I'll head to visit my dad soon.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:37 pm

:hihi: It's been crazy busy here.. I got my car fixed. It was the battery.. $400 for a battery! I kid you not. :( Classes.. taking friends to appointments.. appointments for myself.. and making special things for Valentines day.. etc.. etc..

basilly: I love Queen! I've been listening to them a lot lately. I see that you did not post the original 'official' video from that song.. :D heh. I love to ride my bike too, but we are out in the country & coming home there is a big hill. Why can't the hills be at the beginning where one has the energy to tackle them? Kansas is a pretty flat state, if I recall... I'm glad your bike is back to proper working order. I hope all is well with Miz b.

Scones.. love them.. I haven't made any lately.. trying to watch my weight. I used to make scones filled with cherry or raspberry jam all of the time. *sigh* I've been trying to get back into my exercise/walking routine. The weight goes on so much easier than it comes off. :|

Speaking of tastiness.. I made crepes this morning with lots of fresh berries. Yum.

Silver.. the pimple thing is bizarre.

Dubs.. ooh.. sorry to hear your hubby's extraction didn't go as planned. I hope it all works out well in the end. The little Princess lives with you, right? Hm. Perhaps you can give her a calendar and show her how many days it might be until the baby comes and she can cross it off. You could even put things on it that she might be able to help with.. like a reminder to go shopping for diapers or time to clean the crib and get it ready.

CR, you'll be getting your new computer soon!!!

Imi.. 3 day weekend? What holiday?

rwhennie.. how're things at the salt mine? :hug: Any changes? Do you have a 3 day weekend?

Rowanberry.. have a great couple of days off!

Well.. geez Tooksey.. omelets.. where's mine? :P

Vana.. no improvement with the hives? :( I suppose you have tried antihistamines. I wish there was something more helpful.

Scribbles.. still no snow? We certainly have had the mildest winter I can recall. We get snow, but a little here.. a little there. It's rather odd.

Happy belated birthday Hamfast!

Time to go for a walk while the sun is still shining! Ta-ta all! :hihi:

RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Silverberry_Spritely » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:10 pm

Rowan, because customers are dumb. End of discussion. ;)

Linny, TAKE ME WITH YOU! Where are we going again?

Dubs, aww, being 5 is hard. I bet she'll be thrilled in June, though.

My mother claimed half of her body was numb and began screaming this from the bedroom today. Well, when you're trying to sleep for work tonight, you bolt upright, and start checking blood pressure, asking her what she's taken, checking for S/S of clots, and my dad called the hospital. Then when we start making plans to take her to the ER and she realizes she's getting her bluff called, she sheepishly can't quite tell us what's numb, maybe it's really just the tips of the opposite side she said originally and where she was lying on it.

You learn how someone really is when you're in crisis and when they're in crisis. After my own bout with cancer and my mom's hip surgery, I can honestly say I have a more accurate picture of who she really is. I don't really care for it.
Silverberry_Spritely
Shield Bearer

Postby Daefaroth » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Unfortunately, this thread has passed the post-count limit.
- - - - - Welcome to TORC - - - - -

- There are helpful Announcements at the top of most forums. Please read them.
- Need more help? Check the Adoption Forum.
- Premiere Membership helps support TORC.
Aspire not to rapid, large postcounts, for this only enhances the taste of a spammer,
when roasted with the Breath of Death and served with "Blair’s 16 Million Reserve" sauce.

Enjoy your visits. Remember to mind your manners.

Daefaroth *at* theonering -dot- com -OR- moderators *at* theonering -dot- com
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Previous

Return to The Library - General Archive