HHEEELLLLLOOOO - The Home Alone Thread

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:05 am

5 more days till the new computer. It's raining today.

It's Raining Again
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1320/1 ... 474091.jpg

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 am

Calma is just that good. :D

I talked with the other reporter involved in Monday's "incident" and she called the PA Newspaper Association and discussed the matter with them. They feel what he did was an ethics violation and are sending her information. I should do some research myself and back her up.

The last thing that borough needs is an ethic's investigation. :roll:

ETA! DUBS!!! CONGRATS!!! You going to name him after an orc? ;)

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:36 am

No time to catch up now but....

Still have the hives, the cream helps the legs and arms but nothing else. Seems it is actually a sport cream for achy muscles, a mild formula of IcyHot! :roll:

Congratulations to those who have them coming!
Condolences to those who have lost someone!
Love the sig pic there Calma! :roflmbo:

Will catch up tomorrow when I have a day off!! I promise!!!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Calma » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:46 am

What can I say?

I got skilz....

hope this doesn't dp, too

Celebrating the return of TORC!
There's a party in the TVM!!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

CAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 51 :D

LOSSES: 52 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:50 am

When someone gets the "DEBUG" page..... don't post it again. Close the page and go back in and it will usually have posted. Stufoid page of dumbness!!! Of course save what you posted before closing the page.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Morwenna » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:21 pm

Congrats, Dubs! :rose:
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Calma » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:29 pm

Vanaladiel wrote:When someone gets the "DEBUG" page..... don't post it again. Close the page and go back in and it will usually have posted. Stufoid page of dumbness!!! Of course save what you posted before closing the page.

It's not the DEBUG page,
It's my mouse...
I click the submit button
And the stupid thing clicks twice.
I have to be careful when I press it is all.

I know about the DEBUG thing anyway.

Celebrating the return of TORC!
There's a party in the TVM!!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

CAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 51 :D

LOSSES: 52 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby rwhen » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Oh Vanadarlin', I am so happy to see you post!! 143 :hug: But equally as sorry to read that the hives are not very improved. I will look for you tomorrow for a catch up. :D

Calma, I too love the new siggie. Very clever.

Tooks. :P and :hihi:

CR...we can start the countdown then. FIVE.....can't wait to read how you love your new computer.

Iris, :shock: heavens no, last thing anyone needs is an ethics investigation. :( I hope that doesn't happen.

On DP in general. I am seeing it all over the place. Maybe a thread in TOR forum would be in order. Just a thought.

Okay back to work for me.

:hihi:

and

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Dubatuluk » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:08 pm

LOL Calma! (on sig pic, mouse AND baby names) I think we've settled on Jack Donovan (at least, I'VE settled on it :whistle: ;) :P ) Although I do like Bard...

Iris, good to see that something is being done about the situation. And no...although he'll be my other little orclet I'm sure, if he's anything like his father... :roll: :P

Awww Vana! :hug: Have you considered bathing in a vat of eucalyptus oil? (Just kidding really.)

Tooks, awesome NO BUG sign. :D

Today was much better at work today. Manager was there when I got there but when I had gone to the bathroom and pulled my hair back he had retreated to the office upstairs and I worked with someone else. I don't blame him, he's had it rough recently. But it looked like he finally got to go home and take a shower and stuff-he hasn't got to do even that due to all the dumb stuff going on with administration and employees and other stuff.

Had lunch with my mom and got another half hour in at the co-op before we get our checks tonight.

Also, the Rohan Man has to have a wisdom tooth extracted. :( He's been having problems and has been sick in various forms over the last few weeks because of it. Guess we'll see how all that goes, and how much it'll cost us in the end too when it comes to it. *sigh* If it's not one thing...and all that.

EDIT: Does anyone know if it's against TOS to advertise for anything on here? I only ask because we're trying to sell a couple of cars and I HAVE read the TOS but I wasn't sure if it would be categorized under "spam".
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Whhoooaaaa . . . Tooks, isn't that bug picture a bit on the large-ish side? :shock:

Calma, that sig pic! :lmbo:

Dubatuluk wrote:EDIT: Does anyone know if it's against TOS to advertise for anything on here? I only ask because we're trying to sell a couple of cars and I HAVE read the TOS but I wasn't sure if it would be categorized under "spam".

I think selling Tolkien-related stuff is okay, but cars? Hmmm, I'm going to guess that that might not be a good idea on TORC . . . Do you folks have free papers like the Auto Trader there? We've always had good luck with those types of publications for selling vehicles, motorcycles and the like. :D Oh, and CONGRATS! on the little boy bubby . . . :)

*whew* It's been a busy, busy, busy week already and it's only half-over! Tomorrow will be hectic as well, I need to take my elderly mom to the hospital for her annual doctor's visit in the morning and then try to make up the hours when I get home. Oi. ;)

Good thing about that is I might be able to catch up with y'all in here . . .

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Frelga » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Well, Valentine's was... strange. We don't make a big deal out of it, but hubby did get up slightly earlier and made me heart-shaped pancakes. :love: (I changed the wallpaper on his phone to a Valentine theme :D) Unfortunately, I came downstairs to tell him Lufu had fever.

He spent half the day flat on his back, too tired even to watch TV. I was worried that it was stomach flu, another thing going around his class, so I put him on a rather severe diet. By afternoon, the fever went down, the kid got up, and today he is a bit weak but otherwise perfectly fine.

That was just some virus, right? :?

Calma, :heart: the iPawd! :D I actually managed my first triple post the other day, so don't feel too bad. ;)

CR, nearly only FOUR days until computer!

Lin, hang in there. :rose:

Dubs, congrats on learning your baby's correct pronoun. ;) :yippie:

Silverberry, hope your mom is recovering well.

rwhen-lady, Vana, Morwenna, Iris, Tooks, Scribbles, rowan, Rose, heliona :hihi:
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Linteannaiel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:25 am

Things were better at work today, mainly because I didn't have to work with a certain manager. I work with him tomorrow, and I'm sure it will be fine, it's just that the talk yesterday had me worried, and I'm afraid of making even a small mistake.. the last thing I need is to be written up or have my hours cut more. :roll:

Thanks Silverberry, my day did end on a better note. I don't know if I said this before, but you can call me Lin. ;)

Thanks Dubs, and I forgot to say CONGRATS! A baby boy, how exciting! :D :hug:

Rwhen, I have no idea.. but between, you, me and Dubs, something strange must have been going on! The full moon is a good theory. I did hear from James last night, he called me just after I posted, and we talked for a while, and that definitely made me feel better. I am thinking positively about the laptop, I just knew it wouldn't be fixed today. ;) Thanks Rwhen! :hug:

Vana, I'm sorry the hives haven't improved much. Sending you hugs! :hug:

:rofl: Tooks, very funny. ;) :P

:hihi: Scribbles, hope you have more time to catch up with us soon!

Frelga, I'm glad Lufu is feeling better! And thanks, I'm hanging in. :hug:

One more workday tomorrow, then four days off! James is coming over on Friday evening, and we leave for our trip on Saturday morning. :D
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:02 am

Dubs, maybe you could just mention it in the forums you post in and say if anyone is interested to email you and leave it at that. :)

I'm trying to sell a couple of 58 inch bras, if anyone knows anyone...

Seriously, you have to read ads carefully before you buy something! :shock: Who knew?

:hug: for everyone having work problems. I know the days when I'm not getting along well with my boss are murder, because my desk is next to hers. And you want to just go off and have a good cry and relieve that pressure and sometimes you can't... *sigh*

Vana, there HAS to be something that will help you! Here's a crazy idea...I read it somewhere one time. Brew some really strong mint tea in a bowl...like several tea bags. When it's good and strong, bathe your skin with that. Can't hurt and it will make the house smell nice. :)

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:37 am

HHHEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Thursday...one day closer to the weekend. Monday it is Presidents Day which is code for schools, banks and post office closed, everyone else works. This morning it is again chilly out there with gray skies overhead. Much to do today on invoicing and I finally got a thumbnail drive of the information that was in my old computer that I am going to attempt to load on to the new one. :D

DUBSIES, I like Jack Donovan. Great strong name. Very happy to read that yesterday was a better day for you at work AND BONUS paychecks. We will think positive thoughts for the tooth extraction for your Rohan Man. Craigs List is a great way to sell most anything, but cars in particular. Also you want to hits people who live in your area, Craigs List will do that. :D Good luck.

Scribbles, tell your mother we hope all comes out well on the annual today. And it would be lovely to see more of you here if it is possible. Mostly enjoy the work at home day and then tomorrow is Friday and the lovely Amy Day. Sweet.

Frelga lady, very good to read that Lufu responded and is now feeling better. It most likely was a virus, but next time he is in for a check up have themd draw blood for mono, just to be sure. Also if it happens again. :D Hubby Unit was sweet to do the heart shaped pancakes for you. :D :hug:

Hey Lin. You hang in there. I am going to probably wrongly assume that this four days off coming up for your trip is the one to Disneyland? I know you will make it through the last day with the evil manager. :hug: And if he goes more evil, we will send Scribbles down with her pickle slicer to go all medieval on his sorry self. ;) :hug:

Iris, oooooh I know what that is like, the boss sits five feet in front of me, facing me. It can get intense when things are already stressed. Mint tea. yummy. Any more troubles with the dogs next door?

CR????? Four days left. Hang in there.

Vanadarlin', can't wait to see you after your rest. :hug: 143 :rose:

basilllllly one?? What is up with you? Where are you?

Rosie Lass???? *crickets*

and last but not least....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAMLET!!! Have a great day today!!

SHOUT OUTS: vison, Calma, Imi friend, Tooks, portia, Silverberry, Gollum Girl, Morwenna, Karlina, Tarina, Leoba, Renowen, P darlin' J, Drieske, heliona, Rowan, Jae, Bardy, Windy, rosenchanted, HighDruid, RUNZIES, Parm, Guru, Lewie, oldtoby, Hamfast, JonnySnitzel, Crucifer, Bilbo25, frodolives, Alasse, lenne and Gladhaniel.

and

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby hamlet » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:58 am

They're coming to take me away, haha, they're coming to take me away . . .
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Morwenna » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:10 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAMLET!!!
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby hamlet » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:46 am

Thank you.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby hamlet » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:49 am

Dratted double posts!

They're conspiring to make me look bad I say!
Last edited by hamlet on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Morwenna » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:03 am

Off to Boskone (another SF con) tomorrow. Tonight is the wake for the boss. Tomorrow's the funeral, but I won't be going; we have too much going on at home. For one thing, hubby has another appointment with the oral surgeon to see if it's OK to get measured for teeth on Monday. And then we want to leave as soon after noon as possible. They're getting up a shuttle from work to accommodate the people who want to go to the funeral.If I'd known him better, i.e. if I had worked directly in his department, I'd probably have made the effort to get to the funeral as well. But I'm going to the wake tonight.

I like your name choice, Dubs. :)

Vana, good luck with those hives!

Everybody, good luck with those computers!!! (We really need to do our taxes; that loaner computer is choppy compared to what we're used to!)
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Morwenna » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:03 am

Off to Boskone (another SF con) tomorrow. Tonight is the wake for the boss. Tomorrow's the funeral, but I won't be going; we have too much going on at home. For one thing, hubby has another appointment with the oral surgeon to see if it's OK to get measured for teeth on Monday. And then we want to leave as soon after noon as possible. They're getting up a shuttle from work to accommodate the people who want to go to the funeral.If I'd known him better, i.e. if I had worked directly in his department, I'd probably have made the effort to get to the funeral as well. But I'm going to the wake tonight.

I like your name choice, Dubs. :)

Vana, good luck with those hives!

Everybody, good luck with those computers!!! (We really need to do our taxes; that loaner computer is choppy compared to what we're used to!)
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:33 am

:rofl:

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:59 am

Hello the house!!!! :hihi:

I finally made it in and home for a nice day off!!!

Morwenna I totally understand how you feel about the bosses funeral.
Have a great time at the SF show/con thingy!!! Sounds like fun!!

Happy Birthday Hamlet darlin!!! :hug:

Iris I might just try that since it does sound soothing, I am surviving them this time cause I don't want to filet my skin off but they itch a bit, or maybe I am just getting used to them. Who knows but I would love to be rid of them completely.

No the cream does not really help but my skin feel smooth and soft. :roll:

Scribbles I hope you have another wonderful Amy Day tomorrow!!! :hug: Yes someday soon hopefully we will see each other again.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Double posts are cropping up all over the boards. At first I thought it was just something random, but now it is much more. I think it might be because the pages are loading slowly and people are hitting the "submit" button again thinking that it is stuck. That is a possibility. At least on my end the pages load very slowly. Where all other applications or websites don't. But I have been alone in this before and it could just be me.

Morwenna, I am sure that going to the wake for the boss will be just fine. This all happened very suddenly and there is still life that goes on. You are making the effort to the wake and that is what is important. Good luck on the impressions for the hubby. And enjoy the SF con tomorrow outside of Boston. Hope that it is a fun time with friends.

Vanadarlin' :hug: 143 Good to see you today. Sorry that the cream isn't helping. When do you go in for another check up? Or regular appointment? Is it raining up your way? It is here and it is very gray and chilly. You stay warm and smiling. :D I know it feels good to have a day off. Did I read that Guru is on vacation this week? So is he home with you today? :D

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Yes he is home this week with me. :D

I will be fine and I don't go to see any doctors till my Cardio doc next month.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Dubatuluk » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:43 pm

lol, thanks guys, the problem is that we're having problems selling the cars in our area. I asked him if he wanted me to put it up here if it were okay and he jumped at that. :P

Was attempting to post more but I got whatever the boys had so I'm going to go back to bed.
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Get well sweetie!!! WE don't want you sick hon!! :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:49 pm

DUBSIES, sorry that you are not feeling well. Hope you are better soon.

Vanadarlin', great. Enjoy the day with Guru then. :D

I am having tons of problems getting on TORC today and also really REALLY slow loading pages.

:pull:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:51 pm

. . . rushes in pell mell . . .

Hallloooooo da thread!! Crazy, crazy day . . . I thought I'd have all sorts of time to catch up but as it happens . . . gah. Ya just don't wanna know, LOL.

Couple a quick things though . . .

And if he goes more evil, we will send Scribbles down with her pickle slicer to go all medieval on his sorry self.

:evilaugh: MMUUUUUAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!111 :evilaugh:

Oh and . . .HAPPY DIRTY MIRTH DAY HAMLET!! :D:D

:hihi: to everyone else, hope your day is going smoothly!!

. . . rushes out . . .

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:57 pm

TORC seems to be having some difficulties lately that is for sure.

Rwhen darlin :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive