HHEEELLLLLOOOO - The Home Alone Thread

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:21 pm

Yep, it's a short drive from home. Before I had a car and a computer, I used to walk from here to home. Took about a half hour unless the weather was rough.

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Hamfast Gamgee » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:47 pm

What a lot of computer issues! And here is me getting a new one. My current one was really good and a tip-top modern version. In 2006! And the Software is older so maybe it is time for a change. It is still very cold here as everywhere in Europe. Save Dublin it would appear that this time has escaped the severe cold. And I am still writing. Though actually, I think I have stalled a bit in my Narnia tale, must get Muse back in action. Hope everyone is well.
Hamfast Gamgee
Shield Bearer

Postby Morwenna » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Well, the computer is really most sincerely dead, so our friend loaned us one belonging to one of his sons (the one who spends all his time on his laptop), which will get us through for another month or so when we'll Hopefully have our income tax refund!! This one is a little hiccupy but it works! :yippie: He downloaded all our stuff into it, and the only thing missing at this point is one video game, which we have the disk for and can reload at will.

To give a detail that I didn't have time for before, Friday night I was working on the computer when I smelled this truly awful smell, sort of like pool chlorine with something equally obnoxious added. I couldn't trace it but it was only here in the spare room. So I went down to the basement to see if it was something in the building but no luck (whew! I wasn't up for a disaster!), and when I came back upstairs I found that the computer had shut off, and there was no turning it back on! And yes, it was the computer that made that smell: it was a wire in the back, which Melted!! part of the plug and part of its socket!! :shock: Good thing the machine shut itself down! Can you Imagine??? :shock: :shock: :shock: The cord and the box with its outlet are still here. Jeez...
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Silverberry_Spritely » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Morwenna, glad you have a backup! I had two computers die in two years, and this is why I've returned to buying Acers. They last.

My household: Life's crazy on my end. My parents both have health issues and it's a little hard to focus. My mom's having hip surgery. My dad needs back surgery and he has a tumor in his kidney. Tomorrow I take him to the ENT, and today we saw his doc about the pain levels. He needed new meds, and I hate being the know-it-all nurse/adult child that doctors abhor, but if my dad's medication isn't working, of course I'm going to advocate for him. It's not that he needs me for that, but I just get so mad when doctors try to snow people who aren't in the medical field. My dad's a very smart man, not some old fool who just likes to complain, and I don't like him being treated that way. However, the doc agreed to switch meds. Victory!

School and work: School's fine and I need to devote one of these days to review all the material before next Thursday when I have some exams, but otherwise good to go. Work's dandy - I've decided from now on I'm just working long shifts on Friday and Saturday to help my mom and dad out. This takes care of both money, and they can handle me being away from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. I don't miss any appointments or anything big either.

Personal life: So right now I'm torn between two lovers! *sob* Well, potential lovers. One's a 30 year old accountant. The other's a 23 year old restaurant manager. Both nice guys, though the 23 year old is a little immature, but that's being 23 for you. I really like the 30 year old, but he's not really "going for it" in any serious way. We'll see.

And it's time for 600 Lb. Life. Time to enjoy my documentary. Ciao.
Silverberry_Spritely
Shield Bearer

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Oh dear Silverberry.. I'm sorry your parents are in poor health. They are very fortunate to have an advocate. It makes a world of difference. As for the 'lovers'.. if they are not emotionally available.. don't waste your time or your heart if you are wanting a relationship. If, on the other hand you're just looking to date/hang out.. that's not a problem.

Morwenna!! :shock: I'm glad the meltdown didn't start a fire!! Do you use a surge protector? It might be a worthwhile investment. I'm glad you are OK.

CR, I'm glad you have access to the library computers. Our library has a few, but they are always booked/in use and have strict time limits.

Dubs.. oi..ultrasounds and tons of water. Does that bring back memories. :| How far along are you?

Rowan.. that sounds pretty cold.. I hope it doesn't last long.

Our temperatures are going to be in the more 'normal' range for this time of year.. the mid 20's F (-6C) to low 30's F (2C) during the day. And I don't think there is any snow in sight. We only have a few small piles in the yard. Weird for this time of year.

Not only did our computer go, but our dishwasher was leaking. I searched a few YouTube videos on troubleshooting dishwasher repair and I think we may have fixed the problem. That would be awesome. The last time i ran it, it didn't leak. *fingers crossed*

Iris, natural fences are nice. I do understand just how expensive it is to fence a large yard. We have over an acre and put a fence along the back last year.. I think that was 350 feet. It looks very nice though and does the job (of keeping the neighbors dog out). I'm sure you will figure it out.

Lin, melatonin has helped me sleep. I just need to learn to get my keester in bed ON TIME!! I read an article yesterday or today about how insomnia can become a very hard habit to break so it's good to nip it in the bud if you can.

rwhennie.. what's up for today (it will be Thursday by the time you read this). I'm out of milk and butter and a few other essentials, so I'll be heading to the store. I also have something on hold I have to pick up at the library.

So much to do... so little time.

:hihi: Hello's to everyone else!

RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Morwenna » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:57 am

Yes we have surge protectors; in fact the computer is plugged into 2 in sequence. But this was on the machine itself, where one of the hookups goes into the box. Never heard of such a thing! :shock:

Well, we'll see how this goes. We should get a new one within a month, and return this one to our friend. I'm sure his son will be pleased. :)
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:03 am

Dubs: I hate it when you have to drink all that water and then they start poking you and you're laying there thinking "I drank 32 oz of water, WHY are you pushing on my bladder?" (I've had the ultra sounds for other things, not babies.) Soooo...good you didn't get prodded? But bad that you now have to take time to go back.

CR: Judy just posted in the Eru thread the other day. She's busy too. :)

Silverberry: just my two cents and not knowing either guy...depending on your age and patience level, I'd go with the mature guy. But I'm sure there's more to it than that. Don't rush into a decision and let the guys be themselves, you'll figure it out. :)

So, last night we came home, about 7:30, to find one of Moses' dishes was missing, and he was keyed up. Rob went looking for the dish while I substituted with another one, but he couldn't find it. He said it was odd that the dogs would have carried it off. So I was petting Moses and looked down and saw three shards from the dish...somehow it was smashed and who knows where the rest of it is. We got Moses settled and went about our evening, with one ear tuned constantly towards the neighbors just in case the dogs got loose again.

This morning nothing was disturbed and the cat seemed happier. Rob was going to speak to their teenage daughter but she was late for her bus (he was just going to ask her if they knew the dogs were getting loose a lot). She catches her bus right in front of our house. Meanwhile, we've stepped up plans to get him moved in, but until such time we do need to adjust his door. :roll:

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rwhen » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:01 am

HHHEEELLLLLOOOOOOO the house!!

Thursday and still in one piece. Very wet and rainy out there this early morning but on the weekend it is supposed to clear up and we should see some sun again. Work is plodding along, boss was in the office ALL day yesterday. Today he will be out all day hopefully. :D One sleep until Friday and then the slide into the weekend.

CR. Hoping that those nasty storms that are forecast don't do too much damage and hamper your library use until you get that new computer. Good that it is close as well. Maybe when the weather turns that would be a good walk for you outdoors, seems you are getting more fit by the day. :D

Hamfast, always good to see you when you drop in on us. I don't even want to talk about my muse. She has up and gone on vacation a long time ago now and I keep hoping the vixen will show up again one day and get on with a few RP's I have going. Enjoy the new computer. Stay warm and keep posting.

Morwenna, wow - good that you shut down the unit. That could have been a very scary thing. But also good that all but one game was saved from your old unit and you have a loaner until you get a new system in. I still am waiting to see if there was anything to salvage from my old unit at work.

Silverberry, very glad that you came by again and posted with us. I have remembered to call your name every day in my shout outs. Also thanks for letting us know about you and what is going on in your life. Helps to get more personal. Very sorry to read about your parents and their health problems. Maybe the surgeries will be helpful in the long run. Are they retired older folks? (not that I am any spring chicken here ;) ) Keep up the good effort on your schooling. Are you going for your RN or something? I know you already work in the nursing field. On your personal life, not knowing what you are looking for makes it a bit more difficult, but I like having choices. ;) I am going to guess that you are older than the 23 year old and younger than the 30 year old? All still young ages with time for big decisions. I do think that Rose gave good advice, don't waste too much time on someone who isn't interested in commitments. Hope that you will post more often with us. :hug:

Rosie Lass, thanks for askin'. Work, work and work are up for me. I do have to also do a bit of restocking in the old kitchen/pantry before the weekend and then on Saturday afternoon I am going to a wine and cheese festival in Portland. I have to wonder why they have these things in the winter. *shrugs* I hope this weather continues to last for you or holds off as long as possible. And good luck with the leaky dishwasher!!! If we don't see you before, have a grand weekend and all best to Sweet Cheeks and Mica~Lynn.

Iris, how do you think the bowl broke like that? Maybe there will be a time soon to catch the great cousin (I think that would be your cousins off spring) and at least put the word out there. Get some dialog going on the issue. Hope you have a great day today.

Scribbles *a city full of crickets* :D If I don't see you before, have a great Amy Day tomorrow.

Vanadarlin'? Are you off today? I will look for you. How are the hives? Did the co-worker bring you in the cream that you were wanting? I saw Guru posting a bit yesterday, it was good to see him again around these parts. Are you getting the rain like we are? :hug: 143

Lin, missed seeing a post from you when I got in. Hope that all is well. :hug:

SHOUT OUTS: vison, Calma, Frelga Lady, Imi Friend, portia, Leoba, Renowen, Tooks, P darlin' J, Karlina, Tarina, Drieske, Rowan, heliona, Jae, Bardy, Windy, Gollum Girl, rosenchanted, HighDruid, DUBSIES, RUNZIES, basillllly one, Parm, Guru, oldtoby, Lewie, hamlet, Crucifer, JonnySnitzel, Bilbo25, frodolives, Alasse, lenne and Gladhaniel.

:hihi:

and

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Silverberry_Spritely » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:26 am

Iris, I'd be furious. I wish people wouldn't get animals unless they could handle them, and dogs are especially cumbersome. I hope your cat has some happier days.

Rose, I've heard great things about melatonin, but does it leave much of an after-effect?

And, Morwenna, separating a kid from a computer is pretty amazing. It'll be good for him.

A bit of backstory: I was dating a guy who evolved from being a nice medical student to being a lazy fat spoiled little prince. (I realize some of it was depression, but some was a cultural difference that we could not reconcile.) That put me off men for a good five months. Not in a hurry.

Dad and I are going to his ENT (also my ENT), and I swear if he doesn't put a tube in my dad's ear, I'm going to do it myself. (With my luck, I'll puncture his brain or something.)
Silverberry_Spritely
Shield Bearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:40 am

:rofl:

I know what you're going through with older parents. Both of mine are 70 and pretty active, but there are days... My dad can't hear, and won't let us or the doctor clean his ears out (his biggest problem, actually). My mom has damaged hearing...so sometimes dinner table conversations are entertaining. And my dad doesn't believe in listening to what the doctor tells him...when he had knee surgery the doctor told him and I both that he shouldn't walk on it for several days. What does he do when he gets home? :roll:

The whole family is lackadaisical with animals to various degrees. The parents of my neighbors live up the road and had 5 children. The youngest is probably the best responsibility wise. And her brother directly across from my parents is pretty good too. Then there's the other three who believe that children and pets will do fine if they have food and shelter. :roll: I like dogs, I don't like dogs not controlled. And there's a difference between a dog getting away from you and one that's just left to roam.

rwhen: I think what happened, though I don't know, is that the dogs grabbed the dish, which had dried catfood on the edge (and the plan actually was to clean it last night) and tried to eat it there (breaking it) then took off with it. We'll probably find the rest at the next thaw.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Silverberry_Spritely » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:17 am

Rwhen, you sneak! You must have posted just when I did! D: Thank you for remembering me. Yep, LPN working on my RN. And yep, right between the two guys, but closer to 30. My parents are 62 and 68, and stubborn, so I know the feeling.

Did your dad have a total knee replacement? I'm not without sympathy - I had cancer a few years ago and had surgery to remove the tumor. Long story short: Worst. Patient. Ever. How's it doing now? As I understand it, those are more painful than hip replacements.

Iris, I'm an animal lover, but I agree. Ugh, and feral children. Don't get me started.

ETA: The doctor just called. It's a kidney CYST my dad has. Not a tumor. A cyst. I'm so infuriated and relieved. Why on Earth would they initially say tumor? Ugh.

It's going to hurt when it bursts. <_<
Silverberry_Spritely
Shield Bearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:46 am

My dad was trying to get into the saddle of his horse and the saddle slipped...he came down okay but his foot hit a rock and he popped his knee. He almost had to crawl back to the house. Went to the doctor and found he tore a ligament and they went in and repaired it and scraped out some arthritis. He's had problems with it ever since.

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Morwenna » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:30 am

Joints. Argh. Hubby and his knees... Maybe some year he'll have lost enough weight to have at least the right one done. :roll:

Cyst vs. tumor: I can understand why they'd give the worst case scenario before modifying it for the better. Better to have to offer relief than to have to dash a false hope.

I like dogs--well-behaved dogs. Dogs who have been trained to be polite, and aren't allowed out without a fence or a lead or at least a person. Fortunately, in the city there are enough laws that it's rare to see a dog off-lead anymore where I live.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:33 am

Silverberry, HA...I am sneaky like that. ;) And I had guessed your age based on what you said you did for a living prior. My BFF is also trying to get her RN (over 30 years now) and finally she is on the last of it. I know it isn't easy with working and doing the higher education, but it will be worth it in the end I think. On your parents.. LOL between being a short order cook and having to yell a lot, I can imagine the "fun" it is living with them. :P A cyst is better than a tumor I should think...but you are right that is gonna hurt when it bursts. Are you fully recovered from your cancer surgery? :hug:

Iris, I too am a doggie lover. Much more than cats *sneeze*. But I think people have to be responsible with their animals, regardless of species. And I might really put some noses out of joint to say so, but I don't think pets should be just fed and sheltered. What is the point to having a "pet" then? I understand that there are dogs that are used for guarding and that is different. Too many people get puppies and then it is too much work to keep them, so they toss 'em in an outside kennel and feed them once a day. That always touches a raw nerve for me. Sorry if I have offended any one, but that is my honest feeling. Hope this gets sorted for you soon.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:35 am

Hey schweetie!!! rwhen you do not offend me at all, I feel the very same way about people and animals. :D

I slept some last night but the hives are as bad as ever. Nope I have not see my co worker since last Saturday and wont see him again till a week from this coming Saturday since I don't work this weekend. The cream seemed to help but I only got enough to do that one night.

I don't understand why nights are worse then the day. But they are and I have wondered if it is that I move around a lot during the day so the rash gets some relief from the movement and when I slow down at night is why it itches so bad then. I just wish it would clear up and go away!!!

Silverberry I am sorry to hear about your dad but I too am thankful it is a cyst and not a tumor. :hug:

The sun is shining right now but the sky in the north is very overcast and gloomy. It has been raining earlier so I expect it will be back.

This has sure been a weird winter for everyone!!! Here's hoping Spring comes soon!! :drink:
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Amen Vanadarlin'. :hug: Sorry that the hives are worse than ever. I suspect too that being distracted with work/customers and such will make it seem to not be as itchy...when home, you don't have those distractions and diversions. So then that is what becomes the focal point of your evening. I can't imagine not having ever had hives that I can recall anyway. I wish there was something that I could recommend that would help to ease the inflamation for you my friend.

Hope you keep the sun for a bit. Totally overcast and very wet down this way. I too am urging spring to get here already. :D Though I have to admit, it hasn't been a bad winter at all, with one exception. Love ya hon.
:heart:

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:46 pm

Aw Vana, I'm so sorry to hear about your continued problem with teh hives. What kind of cream did your co-worker give you? I'm curious.

I was going to say the same thing as rwhen.. that during the day your mind is occupied with other things. Also.. didn't you get a new mattress not long ago? Could that be the problem? Do antihistamines help?

The sun is shining here although it is cold.. I think I'm going to be out for a walk. :D

Although I think cats are cute I am not a 'cat person' and Mica~Lynn is terribly allergic to cats (and some dogs). I love most dogs, but I must say our poor little Pippin has been shedding a lot lately and that drives me crazy. As she is all white (and I wear a lot of black) I just hate all of that hair!! But, it's not her fault. *sigh*
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:12 pm

. . . zzzzzzoooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . *crickets go flying wing-over-bum in every direction* :P

Uber fast drive-by from me I'm afraid . . . work is busy, busy, BUSY! But it's better than the alternative . . . :D

Sending healing vibes to all who need it, prayers, patience and strength to all who want it and happy, happy wishes for a grrrrrreat Friday tomorrow for us all!

. . . rushes out again with a 'wwwhhoooooooooooossshhhhhhh' . . . when the dust settles there's a big basket o' muffins under clear plastic on the table in the corner . . . ;)

:D:D:D
Last edited by SilverScribe on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:34 pm

:D That was cute Scribbles darlin!! I hope you have a GREAT AMY DAY!!!

Rose I am not sure, it was something like CM Cream or something like that. He gave me a sample of it that they keep in their car and they swear they use it for just about everything where they need to treat the skin for anything. He also said it was fairly pricey so I am almost afraid to see how much a tube costs. You are suppose to put it on twice a day.

Rwhen the clouds have covered the sun again so it is gloomy hear but if it is raining it is just a mist cause everything looks sort of wet but it isn't raining hard. I know it sucks but I am really glad that you have never had to have hives. I would not wish these on my enemies!! :hug: :rose: 143
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby basil » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:23 pm

rwhen wrote:Makes me wonder about basilllllly too

Yes, I know.

:lol:

A couple days ago I got the bike out to fix the tire and quickly discovered the shop sold me the wrong size of tube. So patched the leak and now back on wheels again.

About computer fans and dust. From the experience of a MB buddy somewhere else whose computer went poof! and the repair guy opened it up, it was packed with dust.

So I open ours up every other month or so to blow the dust and crap out of it.

We did have a computer get lightningized some years ago. There was the soft rumble of faraway thunder, nothing to worry about thought I, when the computer suddenly made this "phuuuuuue!" sound and the modem went "POP" with a little cloud of smoke.

It seems electricity is just too fast for a breaker and surge protector to slow down.

But we still have the first computer we ever bought back in '99, a Compaq Presario desktop. It still works. At the time, its 4 Gs of memory was a wonderment to all.

How times have changed, eh?

The freezing cold will kill off the bugs that hibernate in the ground, so we won't be bothered as much in the summertime.

Thinking well of those who are suffering now, hope you all get better.

b
basil
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Last post of the day.

I ended up closing work orders and doing invoicing today. Got 'er done though.

Rosie lass, did you get out for your walk? I too am allergic to cats that I can't have one, but I can visit somewhere there is a cat living as long as I don't try to pet the cat and remember to wash my hands regularly. If Pippin is shedding that much now will she really get worse when the weather turns warm?

Scribbles. :D:D Thanks for the muffins and scattering those crickets. Have a lovely Amy Day tomorrow and remember....it will be dancin' time.

Hello my dear Vanadarlin'. Still gloomy and overcast here as well, but not raining now. And I can only hope that the hives get better for you my friend. You have been putting up with this for far too long now, almost continually. :hug: Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight. :D 143

basilllly one. So you ARE expecting to get the dratted weather that CR was speaking of too. Stay safe and warm. The first computer I ever owned was a HUGE CPU that I could barely lift and it was put together from other bits and parts. I rarely used it and gave it away, that was in the late 90's too. Times have indeed really changed and for the better.

:D

I am leaving very soon. Everyone have a great evening and see you tomorrow.

:grouphug:

and

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:03 pm

I do hope you get feeling better, Vana!

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:20 pm

So much reading since last time I popped in! :shock:

I have read everything and this is what I have to say:

-I have had a MacBook Pro for over 2 years now and have never had an issue.
-I am a cat person (though dogs are pretty cool too...and both should be treated properly)

And I think that about covers it. ;):P:D

:hug: to all!
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Linteannaiel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:46 am

Rwhen, all is well here, I just didn't get around to posting last night. You're right, once the fan is replaced I shouldn't have anymore problems with my laptop. It is only two years old, after all. I usually stay up a bit late, but lately it's been ridiculous.. I've had the worst time falling asleep, and I occasionally wake up in the middle of the night, and sometimes I end up staying up really late, which is not a normal thing for me. I took some melatonin last night, and it did help me sleep through the night. Today I actually woke up at a decent hour! :D

Rose, that's my problem exactly.. getting to bed on time! I know melatonin has helped me sleep in the past, and it seemed to work last night, so hopefully this is the end of my insomnia. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

Silverberry, sorry to hear about your dad.. good luck to him with the cyst! I know what you're going through, too. I grew up with my grama and mom, and I'm currently living with them again. Grama is 85 now, and also stubborn, so she can be a bit difficult sometimes. ;) :P

I'm definitely a cat person, but I also love doggies. I love animals, and I believe they should be given lots of love, care, and attention. :D :heart:

:hug: for Vana, and :hihi: to Scribbles (and everyone else)! :D
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:08 am

Haven't noticed signs of the dogs around yesterday or the day before. I put the food up where Moses can get it but hopefully the dogs can't. :)

Vana, I hope something breaks for you soon, in a good way!

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:02 am

HHHEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

We all know what today is, right? Yuppers, it is FRIDAY. *happy dance* Again raining and chilly this morning, supposed to clear up by afternoon and have a fair weekend. I am going on Saturday afternoon to a wine and cheese showcase in Portland. Looking forward to the cheese mostly. :D Have a grand weekend everyone and for those who do the M-F gig, may today sail right on by with no drama or troubles.

Hey CR? Any news on the computer yet? Or is it a weekend at the library? Hope you hear something soon.

Imi friend. :D Sounds good to me, you hit the high points. :hug: I think if I could tolerate it I would have a cat, easier in an apartment, but no dice. Also you have seen my apartment, it is so small that I can't imagine sharing it with even a very small animal at this point, though I would love to have a small doggie some day. Have a good weekend.

Lin, glad you finally got some sleep. I have the opposite problem. I fall asleep too early and then wake up at some stupid hour, like 1 or 2 am and can't fall back asleep again. Last night was better than the night before and there is time to recover and relax this weekend. I agree with you, all animals deserve love and care. :D Enjoy the weekend.

Iris, sounds better. One day at a time now and maybe this problem will clear itself. :D

For Vanadarlin', Scribbles, Rosie lass, basillly one, heliona, Rowan...in case I miss you have a really great weekend and see you next week.

SHOUT OUTS: vison, Calma, Frelga lady, portia, Leoba Renowen, Silverberry, Gollum Girl, Drieske, Jae, Bardy, Windy, rosenchanted, HighDruid, Morwenna, Tooks, Karlina, Tarina, DUBSIES, RUNZIES, P darlin' J, oldtoby, Lewie, Parm, Guru, Crucifer, JonnySnitzel, hamlet, Hamfast, Bilbo25, frodolives, Alasse, lenne and Gladhaniel.

Did I forget to mention that it is FRIDAY!!!!! :D

and

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:17 am

It's a weekend at the library. Or at least today and Sunday. Tomorrow, my work schedule covers the entire short Saturday hours of the library. I do want my computer back soon.

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:07 am

And a happy, happy Friday/Amy Day HALLLOOOOOOO da thread!

We did indeed all survive another week . . . and up here the weather decided to end it with a bang by having the temperature drop to a crispy -21C last night. :shock: The sprint to the train station from the car was rather cold but I'm not going to complain too loud considering we've really had no winter to speak of up here (so far anyway). Of course, that has also meant no snow for cross country skiing, which has made me a grumpy Scribe. ;)

I'd love to catch up with everyone individually, but work is a bear and time just won't allow it.

rwhen darlin', hope your day is Pure Clairol . . . ;) (Nice 'N Easy for those too young to know better :P )

For everyone, hope y'all have an excellent day and a grand weekend!

. . . rushes off . . . papers flying . . .

SilverScribe

Postby hamlet » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:15 am

You know, for a minute, you had me there.

I saw -21C and thought "Holy Crackers that's cold!"

Then I did a little math and found out it's only about -6F, which is quite chilly, but not freakishly cold this time of year. :lol:

Round these parts, though, it's up to about 40F even though we're expecting an inch or two of snow overnight. Wacky winter.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:05 am

hamlet wrote:I saw -21C and thought "Holy Crackers that's cold!"

Then I did a little math and found out it's only about -6F, which is quite chilly, but not freakishly cold this time of year. :lol:

Quite true . . . :D And normally by this time of the year, -21C is a cake walk for us because we'd be acclimatized. But after weeks and weeks of unseasonable warmish temperatures of +5C to -9C, we're spoiled. ;)

If it makes you feel any better, the current wind chill is -25C, which is -13F. If I remember correctly from way back in the day (when Canada was still non-metric), anything below -10F is considered fairly cold. ;)

But I'll take what we have now over what we had in mid-January, when our daytime highs hovered at -26C with a nasty -35C windchill and our overnight lows were in the minus 30's with no wind chill needed, LOL.

SilverScribe

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive