The TVM...chilling in the Caymans

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:51 pm

It truly was terrible and that is what makes it such a cult classic. It was something so predictable and people could repeat every line. :roll:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby notlistening » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:56 am

ahhhh, had someone run up the back of my car today. I was stationary waiting to turn and he just smacked into me from behind, but not too hard. Poor car has some bumper damage and I can't open the hatch/boot. I was ina abit of shock but am settling down now. Might cry later. And the guy doesn't have insurance so he'll have to pay up once it's assussed by my insurer. I don't think I have any damage to myself. I'll see how my neck is tomorrow. :(

I am Groot!
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:24 am

gah! Sorry to hear about the car, nl. Hope you are okay.

That happened to me...twice. :P Stoopid peoples aren't paying attention. :x

And that is why in my state you HAVE to have car insurance.

toby....toby...toby...it was the misbehaving in a theater that was so much fun. :D:D:D:D

I am off to Scotland for the day. I'll say hi to my mom for you, Calma. :D

The TVM brings you the letter G.

:D

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Cock-Robin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:38 am

Have a good time in Scotland. Eat some haggis for me. In fact, you can have it all.

The Letter G

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Calma » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:16 am

Oooo, nl, Hope you're all right.
Poor car...

:hihi: to Took's Mom. :D

I'm with t0bY on this one.
Rocky Horror totally sucked.
I never went to see it in the theatre,
But my babyman did and he loved it.
Meh, we all have different tastes.

G is for Gorgeous!

'nuff said

The TVM Celebrates The Letter "G"!

Join the funWith The TVM

CAT LOVERS GUILD Image :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 6 :D

LOSSES: 8 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan Image

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image ROCK ON!!!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:05 am

wow, many pages appeared while I was busy somewhere else ! O_O

I'm back, what did I miss ? :lol:

nl, hope you'll be fine... sad thing for your car, but material is material.

Now a bit of what I was doing (yeah, I have to talk of myself, sorry for being that selfish) :

We had the bathroom totally re-made : it's AWESOME ! Wonderfull. I have the impression to enter in a luxuous hotel when I wash my hands !

We bought an elliptical (don't know if you call that this way in English, the exercising thing with legs and arms, a mix between running and climbing stairs...). I started to do some exercise 1 day on 2, I start again from scratch, so I don't want to get hurt !

We bought all what is necessary for TV/cinema... we had some stuff, but quite old, so now we are up to date. As I wrote on FB, talking of me : "Just bought a TV 2 days ago... had to choose wether to buy a 3D one or not. Thought of it... doesn't really need a 3D TV... but The Hobbit will be filmed in 3D... mmmm... bought a 3D TV. ^_^ *sight*". So a 3D TV, and of course a 3D Blueray reader, a stereo system, a table for the TV (don't know the good word for this) with an electric hearth inside : THE WHOLE KIT.

Quality stuff for all of these (but we found good prices), so I'm very afraid of our next credit card bill (even good prices are expensive !), but we have a mortgage that can handle this, and we decided that it worthed it. We always save up on everything, we don't go at the restaurant, we don't buy premiere memberships ;), but for once, we had a big gift to ourselves, and we'll take advantage of this everyday, so I guess it's a good move.

But I'm exhausted, we went to so many stores to find the better deals, we were home at about 8h PM every night (we quit at 6h30 AM every morning), and I'm happy that everything is done, and that because of all this money spending, we'll be quiet for a moment, we wont do any other renovations for a while.

I'll try to read more the thread in the next days ;)
Concerning the Official Tengwar Transcription Thread - VI
To all the newbees, Welcome to TORC !
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

You can address yourself to me in French, Spanish or English as you wish.

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:10 am

Isil are you going to invite us all over when you get your copy of the Hobbit so we can see it in 3D as well?? I will bring the popcorn!!! ;)

Actually it sounds great what all you got!! I am envious but that is nothing new. LOL I love the description of the new bathroom. Seems you have added some great luxuries to your life. :thumbsup:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:14 am

yeah, I have to post some pictures... I'll wait to have all the accessories.

I think we would need numerous representations, as the 3D glasses are special with this TV (electric system... don't know much about it yet), the theater glasses don't work. So it's 30$ per glasses :o and you have to use some batteries with them (not expensive, you know, the round ones like for watches), or you opt for the rechargeable glasses for 100$ each :shock: . So for now we ordered a kit of 2 rechargeable glasses with a movie ("deal" at 149$) and 4 non rechargeable glasses ("deal" at 100$)... so we can be 6 at a time, no more ! Unless you buy your glasses :P

I can't believe I bought for 250$ (+taxes) of glasses... oh my :roll:
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Calma » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Everything is planted....
I'm tired and I'm not going to cook tonight.
Burger King gets to do that... :D

Hope all are having a good weekend.

Good to see you back, Isil. :hihi:
You don't have to read back through the thread
It can be daunting.
Just do this page and the last one and it will be fine.

Your bath and theatre room sound tremendous.
Probably added a good chunck of value to your house as well.

I'm off to finish watching the game...
And to get myself all clean again.

Later...

G is for Gorgeous!

'nuff said

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image ROCK ON!!!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sylthian » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:54 pm

Swordy - hope you've gotten some good news. I can't imagine the nightmare this must be for the mom and all the family. Prayers out to all.

Story - It's obvious you enjoy your job as you manage to find something hilarious about some of what can only be the dumbest people on the planet. But I must say you should NEVER make fun of Jewish mothers.... especially with Frelga around jes' sayin'

Oh Isildy - the bath sounds lovely. Is the room occupied by a little old lady who hands you scented towelettes with one hand while extending the other for a tip? I'm with Vana - let us know when you're having the grand opening for the theater - I'll pop for pizza :D

nl so sorry about your bump and the car damage. Hope all goes well with the person who smacked you and he does pay up.

Spent time at Lowe's and the garden today. Lovely day but getting chilly.

Hi to all - and please keep an eye on Tooks, you know how she can be when the theme turns to mad scientists!!! :shock:
sylthian
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:11 pm

I saw Rocky Horror once. I never want to see it again. I'd see Motel Hell again before I saw that.

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:27 pm

CR Motel Hell? I laughed at that movie. It was rather weird and suppose to be horror but it was too stupid in my book. But yeah I am with you and would watch it again. :roflmbo:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:11 am

Calma wrote:Good to see you back, Isil. :hihi:
You don't have to read back through the thread
It can be daunting.
Just do this page and the last one and it will be fine.

I'm way too lazy to even try to do so... I read 7 or 8 previous posts max !

Syl, you point exactly what is missing ! I have to find a volunteer grandma somewhere... :D

If everything goes as I hope, the theater will be plugged and ready tonight, and we'll try it... with Shrek 3D, for this was the movie in the package... if they receive the package today... I hope yes, for I don't have any other 3D movie ! Nor glasses !

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby heliona » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:56 am

Isil, congratulations on the new bathroom and 3D set-up. You'll have to let us know how good it is. :)

I guess I'm the only one in this thread that loves Rocky Horror. (Or does Tooks too? In which case I'm in good company. ;):P) I was introduced to it when I was meeting my (almost) first TORCers back in 2000! :shock: I've seen the stage show too, which I think may have been even better than the film.

nl, sorry to hear about your car. I hope the insurance company can get it sorted out quickly.
Image<-- Are you looking for me? It's Squirrel Month in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby rowanberry » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:02 am

heliona wrote:I guess I'm the only one in this thread that loves Rocky Horror.

No, you're not. :P And I've seen it on stage as well. Yes, it's basically just a really bad movie/play - intentionally bad. :twisted: And, it isn't everybody's cup of tea. But, it really comes alive when you see it with a bunch of real enthusiasts who dress up as the characters and participate in the show with all the proper calls and props... And, the music is cathcy. :D

nl, sorry about your car. :( Hope you'll get compensation quickly.

Isil, hope the 3D TV and the more expensive glasses will turn out worth it! 8)
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:15 am

Hot patootie bless my soul! I really love that rock and roll!!!!

Sorry....got carried away there. ;)

I was in college when Rocky Horror hit the midnight cult status. Nothing like driving into Pittsburgh late Saturday night to see a movie. We wuz nutz.

So Iris. I hear you may have some SNOW tomorrow. :shock:
Keep it there, okay? :P

syl, Story knows all about Jewish mothers. He's pretty much surrounded by them.

Rainy day today. I'm assuming we won't have softball practice. I have a lot a housework to do anyway. I ought to get to that. Housework. Yea.

:P

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby rowanberry » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:44 am

Housework? What's housework, preciousss? Is it something edible?

Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:47 am

rowanberry wrote:Housework? What's housework, preciousss? Is it something edible?

:rofl:

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Storyteller » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:13 am

Yesterday was my birthday, so I decided to use the opportunity to uplift the moods at work a bit. We've been going through a rough patch lately and the mood in the office was turning gloomy. So I brought cake for all, and gave everyone a very realistic looking chocolate credit card. Now the girls can buy themselves everything they want, and the guys have a credit card they can give to their wives and not worry. And I got a heap of coupons from the agency, an envelope with some cash from the co-workers, and one nice Jewish mother baked me a large chocolate cake :D
"...Their aim in war with Germany is nothing more, nothing less than extermination of Hitlerism... There is absolutely no justification for this kind of war. The ideology of Hitlerism, just like any other ideological system, can be accepted or rejected, this is a matter of political views. But everyone grasps, that an ideology can not be exterminated by force, must not be finished off with a war.” - Vyacheslav Molotov, ""On the Foreign Policy of the Soviet Union", 31 October 1939
Storyteller
Mariner

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:05 am

oh ! it was your birthday ?!?

Happy birthday Story !!!
a bit late, but hey, later is better than never they say... :D

and it's so nice of you to think of the others and bring them presents when it's YOUR birthday :)

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:00 pm

Happy Birthday, Story! Sven, A round of pina coladas for everybody!

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby sylthian » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:26 pm

Happy Birthday Story!!!!

Isillydyone - I will volunteer to be your grandmotherly bathroom attendant if I can be like Zoila. Ya know "I don't feel like clean, chuz wan to eat snack, read magazine and wash my telenovelas'

Hey - I happen to be a big fan of Rocky Horror. I love the music and I LOVE Tim Curry - heck, catchy music and a sweet transvestite? what's not to love?
sylthian
Ranger of the North

Postby notlistening » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Thanks for all your well wishes. My neck is still a little sore and it feels like someone punched me in the back (but thatw as probably from the seatbelt) I'll head to physio sometime this week. Car is being assessed tomorrow. Have to take half a day off work, which isn't helpful as Wednesday is Anzac day and we get a day off.

Lewie, any news on the little girl yet?

Happy belated birthday to ST!

Isil, your new set up sounds amazing!

Scribbles, glad you are there and safe!

I don't mind Rocky Horror. When I first saw it, I was too young to understand all of it, but I do like the songs. And Tim Curry is brilliant.

I am Groot!
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:16 pm

No news they've semi-officially changed the search from "rescue" to "recovery"
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Calma » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:38 pm

She's still in my thoughts, Lewie.
I can't even begin to imagine the agony her mother is going through.
Poor little girl....

G is for Gorgeous!

'nuff said

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image ROCK ON!!!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:09 pm

She's in my thoughts as well.

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Yes that is a very sad thing and I just can not imagine the agony of not knowing for sure and the pain of not having my baby to place to rest either. My prayers continue for the family!

Story Happy Belated Birthday dear friend!!! :hug: :rose:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:20 am

I saw RHPS once...I don't care to watch it again, but I mostly "got" it. I like the Time Warp song and I was really amused by the Drew Carey show episode where they did a RHPS/(something else).

Not that I watched the show much, but that was an episode I did watch. :)

Always...

"I'd rather kiss a Wookie..."

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:38 am

Nice birthday, Story. :D

Giving out presents tends to make folks remember when it is. :D:D:D:D

In other exciting news...... um.... <cough>...

Ok. No exciting news here. I guess I have to go start trouble.... ;)

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:20 am

Did it snow in your neck of the woods?

BTW Tooksies...we may be going to Shady Maple next Sunday. ;)

Always...

"I'd rather kiss a Wookie..."

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive