HELLLLLLLLOOO - The Home Alone Thread

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:12 pm

Yep, it got into the 100's the past two days. It's 90 F right now.

Squirrel Lovers Club!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:19 pm

. . . zzzzzzzoooooooommmmmmmmm . . . drive-by halllooooooo da thread !!! . . .

Too much work, too little time . . . bah.

Mom, so sorry to hear the new doc is such a pill (bad pun, I know, hold the rotten fruit please :P ). I'll keep everything but my eyes crossed that your continuing search is successful! :D

Huzzah! for new appliances, contented (and adorable) babies, anyone who got much needed rain and condolences to all the folks dealing with nasssty hotness and dryness. May relief come soon.

Life howls along here . . . nothing much to report. Coming weekend is a long one though, Sunday is Canada Day so we get Monday off. Sooooooooo needing the extra day . . . :(

And now, must run!!

. . . speeds off ,. . .

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby rwhen » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:23 pm

Ya know Frelga lady, I felt that same way when she said that to me. Like I am slipping into my dotage now? Geesh. Glad you have received the needed rain. And it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see you around a bit more ya know. :hug:

CR. Excellent on keeping up the weight loss (from the other thread). You ROCK. And 90 is pretty dang warm as it is still fairly early where you are. Do you have A/C? A window unit at the least???

Scribbles...SCORE on getting Monday off. Our next holiday is Wednesday next....4th of July. Falls on a WEDNESDAY!!!! What is up with that!!! So here is to looking towards the end of this week so that you DO get that 3rd day off...to REST!!!! :nono: doing errands all day long or house cleaning! :D

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:26 pm

Yep, I'd be dying without my A/C right now. I want a cool down. I wish I lived up in the Northwest where it is cooler.

Squirrel Lovers Club!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Ah but it might be too cool then. I have no air conditioning and with the ocean breezes sometimes it feels a bit too cool but it sure beats the horrendous heat from the deserts and other places where droughts are going on. I love my temperate temps here. :D
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:46 pm

CR, I hear you. I have a window A/C unit and when it is really warm here I would die without it. And hey, anytime you want to relocate up to the pacific northwest, we would love it. :D

Vanadarlin', I like that we don't have the huge temp changes, even in the winter by comparison to the rest of the country. We rarely get too cold or too hot..and when we do, it doesn't last all that long. I love that. :D

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:48 pm

That was my reason for moving to this side of the mountain. I prefer the non extremes! :thumbsup:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:11 pm

That would be the place for me. Though with my luck, the minute I moved there, Mt. Ranier would blow its top. :P But I'd risk that to be in the NW. I'll just have to *win the lottery* to be able to move there.

Squirrel Lovers Club!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:23 pm

You don't need money to move! Just friends who can help! I wish I was closer to help you move if you wished. :hug:

No I realize it does take some money to move cause you would need a moving van to get your stuff here. But I can help you find the job and also we have room to take someone in till they find said job. :thumbsup:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby basil » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:06 pm

rwhen wrote:106..phew that is HOT!!

Not as hot as Colorado

The blaze claimed its first property losses on Tuesday as wind-driven flames swept over containment lines into Colorado's second-most populous city, consuming an unknown number of homes on the town's outskirts as authorities hurried to evacuate residents.

El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa said 32,000 people had been evacuated, and an Air Force Academy spokesman said the evacuation zone included two communities of single-family homes on academy grounds housing civilian and military personnel and their families.

"We are in a very critical situation now. Unfortunately we do have structures and homes that are burning in the northwest corner of Colorado Springs. We have mandatory evacuation over a considerable area," fire information officer Rob Deyerberg told Reuters.

wrennie, we ran into something similar with miz b's doctor. I won't say what her problem is, b/c this is me, not her.

MHO, anyone with a chronic condition, little money and no insurance becomes invisible. The life of living, walking and talking human beings doesn't seem so precious anymore.

Though her condition isn't life-threatening, at this point.

b
basil
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:05 am

Hon it may not be life threatening but we all have a right to be treated with dignity and some compassion. Unfortunately our medical professionals have somehow lost some of the compassion that was so evident just 20 years ago.

Now I will confess that not all of them are hard and cold about things but many are now. It is sad in this economy and with costs as they are. If I had no insurance I would be living on the streets or dead. I have so many prescriptions that I have to refill so often and would surely not be able to afford them. With insurance I can barely afford them.

I have 5 doctors that I am suppose to see on a regular basis. At $50 dollars each visit I can not see them as I should. I have to choose who is the important one to see each time depending on what I am needed or having a problem with. Now this is not counting the yearly mammograms I am suppose to get and the Dexa tests and the blood work they all want and the echo cardiogram that I need once a year. Oh and now we can add the ultra sounds on the thyroid at least once a year too. :roll: It would be cheaper to just die!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:00 am

HHEEELLLOOOOOOOO the house!!

Wednesday it is, foggy out there, with an expected high of 80 today. Last night was a bust for sleep, so I am just going to sleep walk through the day today. :D Hope your evening was a good one.

So many people not posting at this time. Probably with summer and jobs and lives, people forget to come on back to TORC for a howdy.

Vanadarlin', I don't have anywhere close to the amount of medicines and doctors to see that you have, so I feel blessed in that way. But like basilllly said, not having insurance with a chronic disease or condition puts doctors completely off. I understand that they have to make a living too, but I thought the point of being a doctor was to help people first. ;) :D Great spending time yesterday posting about. :hug:143

CR, I have moved from one end of this country to the other more than one time and it isn't as expensive as one would think. I find the real problem for most people with moving is leaving family and their comfort zone behind them. Also getting rid of things that they honestly don't need when making a big move. My last move was from Portland ME to Portland OR, that is about as far as one can move. The expense was pretty much only gas for me. I bought a used dolly to pull the car behind a 20 year old Ford that I bought for $300 in Maine and sold the dolly and truck when I got here. I had to leave behind three large pieces of furniture that I didn't have room for, but everything else fit on or in the truck and in the car. When I got here, I stayed with my brother until I got a job. Two paychecks later I moved out. So it isn't that hard really, it is to me about the determination to really want to do it, planning and willingness to leave comfort zones, family and friends.

basilllllly, sending prayers out to missssssy b. You know that I too have actually two chronic diseases that aren't going away and need meds. It is beyond me how a doctor can look you in the eye and refuse you medications. I don't get it.

On the fires in CO. I fear for our new mommy. I know that DUBSIES is there in CO. I hope the fires aren't close to where she is. :hug:

SHOUT OUTS: Scribbles, Rosie lass, Iris, Rowan, heliona, Lin, Frelga lady, vison, Calma, Tooks, Sil, Luthy, Fala, Sandra, portia, P darlin' J, Silverberry, RUNZIES, notlistening, Cel, Telta, Lalaith, Morwenna, Karlina, Tarina, Leoba, Renowen, Gollum Girl, Lwyze, Drieske, Jae, Bardy, Windy, rosenchanted, highdruid, oldtoby, Parm, Guru, Lewie, hamlet, Hamfast, Crucifer, JonnySnitzel, Bilbo25, frodolives, Alasse, lenne and Gladhaniel.

Phew!!!

:hihi:

and

:hihi:

*yawns*

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Calma » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:21 am

Morning, all.....

Vana, Planned Parenthood can help you with your mamograms at a reduced cost or even free.
Give them a call.

CR, Why not look for a transfer via Wal-Mart.
They might have openings up here.
Then you can pack up and go.

rwhen, you drove cross country in a 300 dollar car?
(cue Princess Leah) "You're braver than I thought."

edited to correct a spelling error
Last edited by Calma on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's Squirrel Month In The TVM!

Join the funWith The TVM

CAT LOVERS GUILD Image :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

Pitchers and Catchers report February 14!!!

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan Image

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image ROCK ON!!!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:31 am

Sorry I was AWOL yesterday. It might happen fairly regularly for a while.

My coworker is off for at least six weeks for baby. :) She had her C-section yesterday afternoon...she was supposed to deliver naturally but apparently there were problems. Fortunately mom and new baby are doing good.

But in addition to my job I have to help try to do some of her job too.

And my other coworker has been covering a trial so I've been covering some of his work as well. :roll:

Always...

"I'd rather kiss a Wookie..."

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rwhen » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:35 am

Calma, yeah. I did actually.

Very close to this photo. Same colors and everything.

No fender problem and the cab on the back was flat. They were asking $500, I got it for $300. It also pulled my car behind it. I had my mate at the time go over it well before buying it and the engine was pretty good. It didn't burn oil, but had trouble getting over a few of the passes along the way. At one point I was just hoping it made it to the top so I could coast down the other way. ;) I had that thing stuffed so full. :D

Sold it for $300 when I get to WA in two days.

It was a risk, but I couldn't afford a U-Haul. For the distance it was thousands of dollars to rent one, then the gas.

Edited: Cross posted with Iris.

Sorry you are really buried covering everyone else. But good news on the co-worker. MAZEL!! For her and the new baby. Hang in there.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Calma » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:48 am

Oh, a Ford.
No wonder you got here and were able to re-sell it.

FoundOnRoadDead
It's an old joke, but the first time I heard it,
I nearly wet my pants laughing.
I was driving a Ford at the time.
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:59 am

lol.

Calma, even on the other end of the county we know that acronym....

:D:D:D

Squirrels have taken over the TVM. And they drank all the rum.

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby rwhen » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:09 am

Yeah, I have heard that one too...as well as Flip Over Read Directions.

;) I would like to think that someone got a few more years out of the old thing.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rowanberry » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:29 am

Hey, I think we need a new thread... :)
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby rwhen » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:42 am

Oops.

I will start a new thread.

O' Moderators, please close at your convenience.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:51 am

I finally show up and you all go and want to lock the doors! :roll:

I always heard it was Fix Or Repaid Daily! But I loved my FORD!!!

Okay we can now move to new digs!! ;) :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Previous

Return to The Library - General Archive