HELLLLLLLLOOO - The Home Alone Thread

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

HELLLLLLLLOOO - The Home Alone Thread

Postby rwhen » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:52 am

Home is where the heart is? Well home here is where the friends are. Let us once again have a place to share our daily lives, loves, trials and accomplishments....or...

When we are all alone on the site or forum, here is the place to run down the halls yelling at the top of your lungs.....

HHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

and listen to the echo.

Okay so who is going to get shotgun????

New week, new day, new thread.

HEELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Weekend went by stupidly fast as usual. And of course, it is raining and chilly out there this morning. But the sky was a bit lighter when I came in, so we are moving towards spring week by week. Hope that everyone had a great weekend. :D

Imi, no three day weekend here. Working today. But the SIL is home today as school is out. What is this about a new home precioussss? Are you moving again or some other move that I have forgotten about? :D

Vanadarlin', didn't see you post yesterday, I hope that all is well as can be. How are the hives treating you? Work being good to you? Did you and Guru have a good Sunday off together? Miss you. :hug: 143

Scribbles, how was the weekend? AND BONUS a day off today. Enjoy it to the max and hope to see you if you have the time to get on today.

basillly, congrats on the Evenstar and ten years of service to the TORC master. :D ISP providers can just really get you yelling, or is that just me? Glad it is working again. And all best to Missy b on her up coming surgery day after tomorrow.

CR. It should be pretty soon now. Of course you can't see this message until tomorrow, maybe you will have a firm date for delivery. :D

Silverberry, sorry to read that your mother is having some issues on the recovery. Hang in there, it will get better. Did you get the blasting of snow that was forecast? I see that parts of the South DID get hammered. I LOVE the name Grima for the stray that has attached itself to you folks. :D

DUBSIES...ah the little Princess is darlin' asking those sorts of questions. It must be confusing. How is the Rohan man after the weekend? Improved I am hoping. I once had an extraction that was really tough, it hurt so badly when he pulled. That he would stop to give me a rest. I finally said to him, couldn't you just lever yourself, put your weight behind it and pull that thing out? He said yes but it would be really painful. I asked how long it would take and he said seconds. I said do it. He did and it hurt horridly, but it was out. Fortunately I didn't pass out. Hope your man comes through this eventually.

Lin, arey ou back yet from the Valentines trip with James? Did you have a great time? What did you do? Any updates on your laptop and when you will have that back again. Hope it was a wonderful weekend.

Tooks, did you at least make enough omelet for everyone? :P I am hungry getting the new HELLLO house up and running.

Rowan, how was your father? Hope all is well with him. And sorry to read that work has been rough, same here. What sort of show did you get to see on Friday? :D

Rosie Lass, YAY for the car getting fixed, too bad the battery was so expensive. Crepes!! YUM. Something I have never even tried to make before, but they are lovely to eat. And nope I am here at work today. It is more a "bankers" holiday. Most businesses are open.

Okay, caught up with that....now to the rest of it.

SHOUT OUTS: vison, Calma, Frelga lady, portia, Iris, Morwenna, Karlina, Tarina, Leoba, Renowen, RUNZIES, Gollum Girl, Drieske, heliona, Jae, Bardy, Windy, rosenchanted, HighDruid, P darlin' J, Parm, Guru, oldtoby, Lewie, hamlet, Hamfast, Crucifer, JonnySnitzel, Bilbo25, frodolives, Alasse, lenne and Gladhaniel.

:hihi:

and

Last edited by rwhen on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Calma » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:08 am

Shotgun!!!

My Favorite Star Wars Character....

Mr. Cool Himself. :D

May Is Star Wars Month in the TVM!!!

Join the funWith The TVM

CAT LOVERS GUILD Image :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 15 :D

LOSSES: 17 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan Image

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image ROCK ON!!!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Silverberry_Spritely » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:18 am

Thanks for making a new one, rwhen. Today's a new day here. Taking Mom to the doctor's office to get her PT&INR tested again. We have snow, and Dad cleaned my car off for me. (I feel a little guilty; he's almost 70.) She threw a bunch of dishes on the floor just having a tantrum last night. I understand kind of why she's irritated. One of my siblings took off to Costa Rica and didn't say when he'd be back. I don't speak with him, and she was mad I didn't have his email address. (We haven't spoken in three years.) He forbid her from calling or texting, and said it's only for emergencies. Guess your mother having a major joint replacement and needing your support doesn't quite make the mark. He said it was okay for her to email him, knowing she doesn't use the computer and forgetting to give her his email.

My little patient did better this weekend. Saturday night was actually calm. No pimples. Her dad didn't tell me if he gave her any Gatorade. I've asked just not to know, because if someone's giving their child something as innocuous as Gatorade, it's just none of my business. He's understandably, as someone from our company lectured him about what he can give HIS child. It's not harmful. She's not a diabetic and it was going through a G-tube, so it's not like she could choke, and he set the pump at a normal rate so she didn't feel nauseous. He knows what he's doing; he's a smart guy.

Girl Scout cookies came in! I buy from my patient's sister. Thankfully, she was gone because I had all of $1 in my wallet and I don't think she takes credit or debit. ;) Anyone else get any this year?
Silverberry_Spritely
Shield Bearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:22 am

Oooo! New digs! Yay!

I don't have much more to say at this point, except I'm tired and can anyone hand me a coffee?

Always...

"I'd rather kiss a Wookie..."

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:48 am

Where IS everyone???

I see Calma got shotgun again. She's good at that.... :D:D:D:D

A month of Star Wars!

:D

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Frelga » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:36 am

Starts typing. Is distracted by the half-naked guy in Took's sig. :o

Yay new thread! Shiny. :-)

Quiet weekend here, but we did hook up the Wi-Fi. I may live to regret it.

Silverberry, so sorry to hear about your sibling trouble. Here's hoping things improve. And my son got some Girl Scout cookies from a girl in his class.

Hugses, all !
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby hamlet » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:44 am

What is this "home" you speak of?
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:48 am

Shiny new thread! :)

Today I've been recovering after a mini-moot up in Glasgow. :) I went to the gym (which I won't be doing again until I've renewed my membership, because it was much more expensive that I thought it was. Instead I think I'll go swimming, as that's much cheaper.) and then food shopping. It's raining heavily today. Boo! :cry2: Back at work tomorrow, which is going to be stressful thanks to managers wanting to throw their weight around and meetings. There are going to be lots of grumpy people around tomorrow!
Image<-- Sir Gwaine representing the letter "G" in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:58 am

Calma wrote:Shotgun!!!

Haaaaaa hahahahahahaha! I should have bet money on ya Calma. :D

So, a sunny and slightly whiter Haaalllloooooooo da thread!

And shiny new digs to mess up . . . er I mean, some in and share and pontificate on all things Tolkien and a few things not-so-Tolkien. :D

rwhen darlin', the weekend did indeed go by quickly, but I did manage to get some relaxation in on Saturday (which included sleeping in, dawdling over breakfast and reading while finishing my coffee, LOL). Yesterday was a bit busier and today I have a bit of office work to do (to make up for hours lost taking my mom to the docs). But all in all, it's been grand and I can't really complain. :D I hope your skies lighten up and the sun comes out for you today. :D

I buy Girl Guilde cookies every year when the girls come around, even though I don't eat them any more. Hubby might have a couple of the chocolate ones (I'm allergic) and then I take all the remaining boxes to work for the young and perpetually hungry folks there. ;) I love to support the organization, I think it's an excellent one for our youth (and I have so many fond and excellent memories from my own past.) ;)

Up here, we got snow yesterday (finally!), although still not enough to make it worth setting a ski trail. We might get a bit more later in the week and if the daytime temperatures go down to more seasonal norms (-4C), it just might stick around some. We'll see . . . :D Our local papers are already calling this the "winter that wasn't", LOL. Little do they know . . . we still have March coming up which in years gone past, has both come in and gone out like a lion, no lamb in sight. :shock: So we could still be in for some hefty storms yet . . . ;)

Hope everyone is having a grand day, whether it's Family Day, President's Day, a day off or a day of work for ya. Hopefully, it won't be a Garfield kinda Monday for anyone . . . :D

:hihi: waves to all . . .

Later!

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby rowanberry » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:47 pm

HELLLLLOOOOOOOOO to the new digs! :hihi:

And Calma got the shotgun, as usual... :P

Aurgh. I had quite a lot of exercise yesterday. First, a dance workshop for two hours. Then, wading a mile in about a foot of snow. And finally, shovelling that snow for an hour. I've mostly recovered by now, but boy was I sore yesterday evening...

My dad is still doing OK. I just wonder how I could make him believe and accept that there are some things that he should give up on because they aren't good for his health any longer. :(

But, it's getting late, and I've got to work in the morning. Hope to get here a bit earlier tomorrow.
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Morwenna » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:33 pm

HALLLOOOOO!!! I'm back!

We went to Boskone over the weekend (Boston SF convention) and had a good time. Earned back over half the cost of our share of the hotel room, which is good! Came home with a lot of leftover food (details over in Foodies).

Had my annual review today, and it was Very Good! I had 3s and 4s in every category (4 is the highest possible), and the raise is relatively good. (Wish the pay was higher--I always wish that--but the increase I got is pretty close to the max possible.)

Looking forward to a NEW computer...
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Silverberry_Spritely » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Rwhen, yes, we did get a little blast, but not bad! I have front wheel drive, so I barrel through, but it wasn't bad. And yes, we like the new kitty, too. Mom will get better; a large part of the problem is she's a very social person, and she's with my dad and me. We're introverts, and not very outgoing/engaging. I'm sure it's hard on her.

Morwenna, congrats on the review! I bet the convention was a blast! You deserve it.

Rowan, are you sore? And did you remember to do your share for me? :D

Scribbles, so true on young people always eating. So painfully true. ;)

Heli, good luck tomorrow. Try to slip in a bit of rest.

Frelga, ah, sounds nice. What's your favorite?

*hands Iris coffee*

Good news is the snow is melted, Mom's blood is a little thinner, and things are a bit better. Now all I have to do is clean the house, my little apartment, wash the car, get some groceries, and pick up Mom's meds. Probably need to follow up on some work stuff this week, but I can shove that off until next week. Need to pay the ol' phone bill, too, and take care of Mom's. Not a bad load until Wednesday night. :)
Silverberry_Spritely
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Hello da house!!! :yippie:

Congratulations are in order there Morwenna!! Way to go hon!! Great sounding review! :thumbsup:

heliona sorry you have to go back to work tomorrow and that the bosses will probably be a bit of a pain to everyone, bringing down moral! :( Maybe Scribbles can come visit and bring her pickle slicer to get them in a better mood or get them running so they leave the lot of you alone! ;)

Scribbles here's hoping you get more of the white stuff that you crave! :drink: But do me a favor and keep it up there if you get it, cause I have had enough for this year Thank YOU!

rwhen I did come on but did not post a lot yesterday. I did not want to start the new Hello Thread since I felt it was yours to start again! :hug:

The hives have gotten worse! Something I ate or something Saturday night made my night miserable! I barely slept. Today I am so broke out and itchy. I am thinking a call to the doctor is in order to get more Prednisone very soon!!! I have had enough of this again! Past 6 months now.

But I am surviving and still working. Oh and concerning working.....

I am applying for a position that they have opened at the store here of Frontend Lead Cashier!! It would mean a pay raise and full time hours!! I would do cashier training and be the one the cashiers come to with problems and questions. I know I can handle it cause that is what I did at Northern Sales for 4 years and with the department manager positions I held at Petco, I should be a shoe in. I have to send in the application tonight via email. I am going to request a confirmation of their receiving it!!

So please everyone keep me in your thoughts and prayers for this new position at work!!! :D

The new mouse came today and the new carry case for my new lap top came last Thursday. The computer has been sent out so we should see it within the next week!! :yippie;
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:54 pm

The computer is here at last, and I'm posting again! No more library!!

Use the Force!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Dubatuluk » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:28 pm

Awesome Vana on the possible new position. Keeping things crossed for you! (And for the hives) :hug:

Silver, just all the stuff you posted you have to do now is making me tired just reading it. :P But then...I'm sick and pregnant. lol.

Congrats CR on the computer! WOO! :D :hug: :happydance:

rwhen, the Rohan Man is doing much better. His cheek has been swollen all weekend and he's been taking Vicodin and Amoxicillin and it has gone down significantly. I'm not sure what the status is on our being able to get him in to an oral surgeon.

Well, I did, indeed, get the cold the boys had (and everyone else in the Valley it seems) and it has NOT been fun at all. Saturday was a pretty icky day for me, yesterday was horrendous but got better once I started soaking water up like a sponge. Then, this morning around 4:15 I had a seizure. Wasn't very long, and the Rohan Man was there to help me transition out of it-which, as usual, took longer than the seizure. Since it didn't last long and I had movement from the baby after I didn't have him take me to the ER, but was worried so I went in to the women's center to tell my OB about it. They checked the baby's heartbeat and said it seemed fine and gave me the number for the Labor department to call if it happens again, and my doctor is having me increase my med intake by 200mg a day. We'll see how this all works out. Between all the coughing, hacking and sneezing of the cold, and now the seizure my abdomen is insanely sore, not to mention a powerful headache in, what I assume, is the area the seizure originated in my brain.

So...I've rented a couple movies and am planning on an evening of vegging in front of the TV. Have a good one y'all.
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Linteannaiel » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:37 am

Hey lookit! New thread! :D

Popping in for an even quicker flyby tonight, I'm afraid. I didn't sleep well last night, I just got home around 7:30 pm, and I work at 11 am.. so I need sleep. ;) :P

Rwhen, I am back from the Valentine's trip with James, I did have a great time, and I'll tell you what we did later, since I'm very tired right now. No updates on my laptop yet, so I'm going to call the shop tomorrow and see what the status is. It was a wonderful weekend, thanks. I'm glad you're back, and with a new thread! :D :hug:

Okay, time for me to go to bed. Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'll do a better job of catching up tomorrow, I promise. ;)
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:26 am

Morning all.

Well, work is going to be fairly miserable today, I think. :cry2: I went to bed last night with a bit of a headache, and this morning I woke up with one. :roll: I've taken some meds for it, but it's still irritating.

Vana, morale has been low at my work for over a year thanks to threatened closures, and there's now hints that we'll potentially be closing this summer as opposed to 2015! :shock: Not great for morale! Good luck with your job application - it sounds like you stand a good chance of getting it. :) And hurray for computer parts. :)

Speaking of computers, hoorah for CR's computer-status! :thumbsup:

Dubs, I'm sorry you've been so ill. I hope you get better rapidly and that you don't have any more seizures.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby rwhen » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:08 am

HHHEEELLLLOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Here is an eye opener!! 52 degrees this morning at 6:30am. Go figure that and the temps will rise a bit more. I didn't really feel like 52, but that is what the local weather dude said. Still rainy out there, looking at Thursday to get some sunshine. :D

Thanks everyone for finding your way home again!!

Calma called shotgun!! :D :happydance:

Silverberry, very glad to read that things are on the up swing for you and the family. On your brother!! What to say. It is sad to say that this sort of ignoring the other family members comes back later to haunt one when it is too late to do anything about it. I hope he gets a change of heart and attitude at some point. Also good to read that your little patient is doing better now. On the GS cookies...love me my thin mints and the peanut butter ones. Gotta support the GSoA!! :D

Iris, *passes some strong coffee* Day later, but maybe it will still be helpful to ya. Did you get some sleep last night?

Tooks, we are here. :D Where are you?

Frelga lady, How is Lufu doing? I will guess that the yucky feeling and fever passes now? Wi-Fi...sweet. It comes with my internet company, so I can use my laptop or Nook from the comfort of the couch. :hug:

hamlet, our virtual home any way. I think like you some of us spend way too much time at the office. Here we can at least pretend to be at home. ;)

heliona, back at work today and with stress on top of it!! :hug: May those meds go to work pronto and good luck with the managers. Sorry to read that this all might come down a year earlier than thought of. How goes the applications to get back to the Uni? Hang in there.

Scribbles. :D very glad you enjoyed the day off yesterday and the weekend as well. Sleeping in? Whatzat? :P Did you get caught up on the office work from Friday before going in this morning? Hope so. Let us know if the white stuff finally hits, sticks and allows you to ski at least one more time before spring is sprung.

Rowan, WOW you worked your tail end off in that snow. Is it going to stay with you or already melting away? Very good to read the dad is okay and are you talking about foods he needs to adjust? See you later today I hope.

Morwenna, welcome back from your trip to the Boston area. YAY on earning back much of the cost of the trip. I read that you got a good haul to return with, enjoy the CHEESE and breads. Also good luck with the apple pie you are making this week. Excellent news on the great review. Sweet.

Vanadarlin'. :hug: 143!!! What wonderful news you come to the new house with. I will keep everything crossed and all prayers for the promotion to frontend lead cashier!!! When will you know? I think it is a good idea to see if you can get some prednisone...since you have had this before and been prescribed it, is it possible you could call and see if they will just call the pharmacy for you for a prescription? Aw darlin', I want these hives to get better for you. Enough is enough. :D

CR!! YIPPIE SKIPPY. You finally got your new computer. What did you end up with? Do you love it? And you can comfortably post from home now. Good for you. :D

DUBSIES, very sorry to read that you are feeling so poorly. I think you did the right thing to go into the womens center. Having seizures at this time for you could be dangerous for you and the baby. Very happy the Rohan man is feeling better and that he is there for you now. :hug:

Lin YAY you made it back. Get some sleep and then tell us about your holiday with James. We are just nosy enough to want to know. I hope you got some good sleep last night. :hug:

Okay, caught up. Have a great day everyone!!

SHOUT OUTS: vison, Imi friend, portia, Rosie Lass, Leoba, Renowen, P darlin' J, Karlina, Tarina, Gollum Girl, RUNZIES, Drieske, Jae, Bardy, Windy, rosenchanted, HighDruid, basillllly one, Parm, Guru, Leewie, oldtoby, Hamfast, JonnySnitzel, Crucifer, Bilbo25, frodolives, Alasse, lenne and Gladhaniel.

and

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:27 am

. . . rushes in . . .

And a happy "Muesday" Haaallllooooo da thread! (It's Tuesday, but Monday for me . . . ;) )

The "white stuff" has indeed stuck, even though yesterday the sun shining on our deck completely melted it dry again. :D After a gloriously sunny day yesterday, we woke to grey skies and by the time I got to the bus stop this morning, it was snowing again. Yay!! Apparently we'll only accumulate about 1-2 cm, but I'll take anything. We may get the same tomorrow morning too . . . so it might be worth investigating whether there'll be enough on the park fields to set another trail. ;) I'll keep ya posted. :D

I'd love to yack at each and every one of you, but I have to be in a meeting in about 3 minutes so . . .

Have a good Tuesday everyone!

:D:D:D

. . . leaves doughnuts and hurries out . . .
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby hamlet » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:32 am

Pretend to be at home? Sounds like fun.

Somebody fetch me my slippers!

<pause>

Ok, I'll get them myself . . . :oops:
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Calma » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:33 am

SilverScribe wrote:. . . leaves doughnuts and hurries out . . .

*sets sign beside the pile of donuts....*

There are blueberry pancakes in the TVM...

*takes a donut and leaves...*

My Favorite Star Wars Character....

Mr. Cool Himself. :D

May Is Star Wars Month in the TVM!!!

Join the funWith The TVM

CAT LOVERS GUILD Image :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 15 :D

LOSSES: 17 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan Image

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image ROCK ON!!!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:04 am

Tooks, we are here. Where are you?

Here. Sorta.

I just finished some of those blueberry pancakes. They are teh yummeh!!!

Glad to hear folks have new computers and such. :D

Now I must scoot and peruse TORC while I have a few minutes.....

*scoots*

A month of Star Wars!

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:16 am

CR: YAY!!!!! :happydance:

Vana: You'll get it, I know you will! I hope someone can figure out this hive thing for you too. :hug:

:hihi: everyone.

Rwhen: I did sleep better last night...we went to bed even later than intended because my meeting ran late. But I slept like a log until about 4 when I got up to feed the cats, then more log sleeping until a little before 6. :)

Thanks for the coffee, I never turn down coffee (well, rarely!)

Always...

"I'd rather kiss a Wookie..."

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Morwenna » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:43 am

Hooray for all the new computers!! :clap:

Vana, Dubs, good luck with your health. I'm pullin' for ya.

Vana, Great to hear about the new job possibility!! Here's hoping... and if you get it, here's hoping your stress level will go down enough to maybe help alleviate those hives! :rose:
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby rowanberry » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:51 am

*makes a snowball and throws it at Silverberry*

Congrats for the great review and raise, Morwenna! :)

Vana, I'm keeping everything but my eyes crossed that you get that position!

Yay for CR's new computer! 8)

Rwhen, my dad loves the sauna. For a healthy person, it's a great way to relax; but it doesn't go well together with congenial heart failure, which is my dad's biggest problem. I've seen him there and back for about a year now, and twice now, he has collapsed in the stairs on his way home. Still, it's unbelievably hard to convince him to give up on it, especially when a couple of hours later he hardly even remembers what happened. :pull: And I'm afraid that if I don't escort him, he'll go there alone, with disastrous consequences. :( I really hope that his doctor will give him hell about it and tell him to stop at once.

Thank goodness I've got next week off work - I'm so totally in need of vacation. Work as such wouldn't be so bad at the moment, although we're very busy; but, we should also be testing a new piece of software that just refuses to work... :angry: We'd probably need a Scribe with a broadsword to put some speed into the IT guys who are working on it. :roll:
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Dubatuluk » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:47 pm

I thought I'd be better today but I was mistaken :roll: And all the people I keep meeting telling me they've had the exact same thing for weeks are not encouraging. :P BUT I had a day off today which I spent mostly on the couch with my laptop alternating doing nothing and blowing my nose, so I guess that's a good thing.

The Rohan Man has an appointment to get his tooth out on Thurs. So WOO! Gonna have it done correctly this time and have him put under while the procedure is happening. *nod*
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Silverberry_Spritely » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:44 pm

*hugs Dubs*

Rowan, I'm a fan of saunas, too, but I have low BP so I try to stay away. :(
I feel your dad's pain, but it's not worth getting sick or cracking your skull open from passing out.

Morwenna, I'm glad you're sleeping better.

Tooks, as long as you don't leave stains when you scoot, it's good. :D

Hamlet, aww, I'd at least throw the slippers in your direction! :D

Scribbles, did you enjoy the snow?

Rwhen, are you a fan of the peanut butter ones with the shortbread Oreo type but nut flavored things or the chocolate covered patty things?

Vana, I'd dope you up with my migraine meds were you here.

Linny, rest is so important; you better get some! :angry:

Congrats, CR!

And you're definitely in my thoughts and prayers, Vana.

All's better here. Took a cake into work, got my mom's meds, got a few groceries, the mail, etc. And tonight I can sleep in my own bed! Running in to make sure Mom is okay (I live in a little apartment sort of behind my parents' place,) and then buckling down for bed!

Found out my patient's parents are divorcing. Sad day. Not sure what to say to her mom, because I've become close with her over the past six months. I'll see her tomorrow.

ETA: I just emailed a TORCer, and I found this from one of my "friends" I mentioned. He does these videos, and I enjoy it. Thought you guys would too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV2i-DrI ... ure=colike
Silverberry_Spritely
Shield Bearer

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:35 pm

Hello all. Not much to post.. this time of year is kinda .. bleh.. although it really has not been a bad winter at all here.

Vana.. I'll be rooting for you to get the new position.. and good luck with those hives.

rhwennie.. how are things on the job? Any improvement? I hope you get your sunshine. That really helps this time of year.

heliona, the morale at my hubby's job is not good either. Upper management does everything they can to tear it down and then they wonder why there is a problem. Well.. d'uh.

CR congrats on the new computer! I hope it works well for you.

I can't remember the last time I had a doughnut. It's been ages, at least a year.. probably at least two. I like the cake ones with chocolate frosting, but they don't seem to make them like they used to. I have had a bear claw.. the type with almond paste inside.. maybe a year ago. Those are good too. I do make great whole grain blueberry pancakes. I think I'll make some of those tomorrow.

Rowanberry.. a sauna would be so nice. They are fairly rare around here.

As for girl scout cookies, I used to buy them years ago, but hubby will sit and eat an entire box in one or two sittings.. so I try not to buy such things.

Dubs, do you have a cold? Nasal irrigation really, really helps.

Morwenna.. birthday.. raise.. great review.. sounds like some good things have come your way!

Slippers? Slippers.. now my feet are cold. :/

Muesday.. I like it. I could use a Muesday.

Silverberry.. lol :rofl: on the video.

Hellos to everyone else! :hihi:
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Re: HELLLLLLLLOOO - The Home Alone Thread

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:09 pm

rwhen wrote:What is this about a new home precioussss? Are you moving again or some other move that I have forgotten about? :D

Oh dear me, no! :shock:

I meant before we moved to the new thread. :rofl:

Joyeux Mardi Gras, tout le monde! :D

I called a few bakeries in the area today and none of them had ever heard of paczkis. It made me a little bit sad. :(
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:15 pm

I have me a Dell Inspiron, and it is great! The keyboard is a little small, but other than that, it works great! It operates on Windows 7, and I'm learning the ins and outs of it. I'm still trying to find if it has a word processor so I can get the stories I wrote and other files back in the computer. I'm looking at external hard drives, or even a flash drive to back up the files, but the external hard drive is a little expensive right now.

Use the Force!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Next

Return to The Library - General Archive