HELLLLLLLLOOO - The Home Alone Thread

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:00 am

Well, today is my Monday. I have to go back to work now. I'll see you all later. :(

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:11 am

HHHEEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Tuesday greetings. WELL. So I leave extra early this morning, while it is still dark to get gas and do the back roads to work. On the one corner that I have to cross a fairly well traveled intersection...a COP has run into an SUV and there must be twenty cop cars. Every corner, every lane with traffic backed up and the cops directing people through. RIGHT...Ms. No Seat Belt coming through? Nope. I went to the gas station just before the corner, got my gas and went out the other way, past the accident.

So I thought I would be clever and do an around back of the commercial center that fronts the road, go through the bank drive through and come out past that intersection. So I do that and WHAT...cops in every lane of the drive throughs. :D So I turned around and took the alley and finally got on the back road to work again. Should have been an easy 15 minutes to work, took 45 minutes. :D

Today the brother is going to do something to get me seat belt safe. It is so scary to drive without it.

Okay on to business.

TELTA!! YAY great to see you again. Don't worry for catching up to all the posts, that isn't necessary. For anyone posting here ever. This is more about just sharing what is going on. So what is going on? :D Grand to see you again after all this time. :hug:

Silverberry, sounds like you are going to be pretty whacked this week with doctors visits, study, testing and then weekend working. Hang in there and have some strong coffee on hand. Good luck with the test on Friday, I am sure you will kick some testing rear!! :D

basilllly, I LOVE ST. PATS!!!! It is an excuse for colcannon!! Also Daylight Savings begins the weekend before that.....in mid MARCH. What is up with that? I wish they would do away with the dang thing already. But the 17th is St. Pats day and ham, cabbage and colcannon will be on the menu for sure. :D

Vanadarlin', my little doggie was a great mouser too. But it could be disgusting. "Oh thank you" *wretch* Hope you find the spot where they are getting in. And also thank you for wishing me a good evening. It was crazy here yesterday afternoon, but in a good way really - makes the time go by MUCH faster when I am busy. :hug: miss you my SSOTH. :hug: 143 Have a grand week.

heliona!! :happydance: Very good news on the Uni. October will be here before ya know it. And I know you are going to do great, show up all those youngsters with your smarts. :D Good idea to keep this all mum until you are ready. *nods* I bet Wilko is so very proud of you for getting in. :D

Tooks, I know, right? But you posted too. :P

Frelga lady. Don't look now, the higher elevations are to get snow over the next three days...even possibly for us coming down to the valley floor. The ground has been too warm for it to stick around...we shall see. Chance of snow for tonight, tomorrow and Thursday. After that, we warm again. Glad you had a good time with the boys on the ski trip. :D

Rosie lass, sounds like you are learning quite a bit at those classes now. Good for you. :D Short trip concerning relatives? Sorry about that. Great suggestion on the webz checking on the seat belt, I will do that. Good to see you again.

Lin, :D Back at it today. May it slide right on through with no funny business...well maybe some FUN business..;) Sometimes an uneventful day off is a good one. I think it helps to keep the stress at bay. What news from James? Everything well? :D See you later tonight.

Rowan. I hope I wasn't insensitive about your mothers clothing and the task of going through things. :hug: I wouldn't want to be hurtful in any way. YAY for getting your hair done. Just sitting back and letting someone else run their hands through your hair. Very relaxing for a vacation day. Sorry about the snow. I think spring is coming....*crosses everything*

Iris, you should be back to work tomorrow. We want a full report on where you've been, what you've been doing.

Scribbles, HOWDY. How are the roads today? Hope you got to work safely and whoosh right on through the day. :D

CR we gotta do what we gotta do to keep the paychecks coming. I hope it is an easy day for you and see you here soon as possible. :D

SHOUT OUTS: vison, Calma, Imi friend, portia, P darlin' J, Leoba, Renowen, Gollum Girl, DUBSIES, RUNZIES, Drieske, Jae, Bardy, Windy, rosenchanted, HighDruid, Morwenna, Karlina, Tarina, Parm, Guru, oldtoby, Lewie, hamlet, Hamfast, JonnySnitzel, Crucifer, Bilbo25, frodolives, Alasse, lenne and Gladhaniel.

Time to get things going here!!! See you later if I can or tomorrow if I can't.

:hihi:

and

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:39 am

And another quickie Halllooooooo da thread! :)

:shock: :shock: TELTA!!! :D:D . . . pulls up the comfy chair and offers a cuppa . . . Of course you can come back and visit! Wow, it's been an age but it's really, really good to see your name back at TORC. :)

Yep Rose, we got 20 cm of snow in 24 hours this past weekend. Enough to ski. :D Huzzah for the computer classes! Boo on the dreaded visit (but I hope it goes unexpectedly well and reasonably fast.) :D

Lin, thanks and yes, yesterday I actually did relax. Hubby had dinner ready when I got home so no ski last night, but my body thanked me. Today, no more soreness so tonight is definitely a ski night. :)

heliona, that's fantastic news about the University! And I wouldn't give notice until two weeks before you plan to leave. That's the business norm so you don't have to feel guilty at all. ;)

Frelga, I know exactly what you mean. ;) Before Saturday, pretty much every field and yard here was brown grass and has been nearly the whole winter so far. Very weird. :shock:

rowanberry, nice hair! 8) (Oh, and the Bollywood DVD is in at the library, so I'm picking it up this week with an eye to giving it a go over the weekend. :D )

:hihi: waves to CR Ah, a Muesday for you this week. Hope the day slides by real quick for ya, dude. :)

Vana, China is merely showing you how much she loves you by bringing you "presents". To a cat, a mouse is a mighty fine one at that. :D (At least she's not doing like my cat used to, he'd catch these horrible big black dragonflies and leave them on my bed. :shock: gah.) But I hope you find their entrance - hint when you do - stuff the hole with crumpled, well packed tin foil. It's one material that mice and voles simply will NOT chew on. Then cover the foil with whatever material matches the wall, etc. :D

:hihi: mom!! Yep, roads here are pretty good considering (I drove to the train today, need to run errands after work). By Friday, they'll be absolutely peachy. ;) Sorry to read you had such a big adventure (read: pain in the tukus) getting to work this morning. Don't you just hate it when a good plan gets messed up by someone else? Hopefully, the sun will shine and the day will go fast. :D

Oooookay, must get to the working at work thing. Have a grand day everyone, no matter where you spend it or what you do with it . . . ;)

. . . slips out . . .

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Teltasarewen » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:51 am

Thank you rwhen it's good to see you too. :) Hope you get that seatbelt fixed. I hear ya when you say it's scary driving without it. Though now that I think about it there was a time when one didn't have to wear seatbelts. Hmmm funny how things change.

Not much going on here at the moment. I'm home enjoying the fact that I am not working right now. Hubby is off to work daughter is off this morning doing her thing at college leaving me to sit in front of the computer and watch the hours pass by. Life right now is good. :D

Now if the weather would warm up and the snow melted everything would be even better.

Rowanberry thanks. :hihi: It's good to be back. I've sorely missed posting here at TORC.

Scribbles good to see you to! Long time no post. (I checked it's been nearly 4 years :woah: ) Hope to make my way around and check out some of the old haunts if they still exist. :)
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:00 am

Jumping in for a moment. Boss is outside trying to fix the seat belt right now.

Rose, I found something online that gives instructions for my model car and printed it. Thank you for that suggestion.

Scribbles, good that the roads are clearer today. Guess what? The forecast here is calling for snow (in small amounts) over the next three days starting today. The ground is too warm for anything to stick around, but I will believe it when I see it. :D Luck getting errands run after work today.

Telta. :D Well I was around before seat belts as well and I did NOT wear them. It was a forced thing and I was uncomfortable for years. But now that I have been wearing them everyday, even though I know it is broken, I automatically try to pull it down to buckle it. I feel like I stick out like a big ol' black eye driving down the street. *twitch* Will you be going back to work or just enjoy the life of comfort at home? I can't wait to be able to do that my own self. :D Enjoy the day and again lovely to see you back posting up.

*runs*

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:04 am

rwhen, the TVM has plenty of duct tape if you want us to strap you into your car.......

:evilaugh:

Christmas is coming!!!!

--------------------------------------
(for Calma)
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby rwhen » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:59 am

Tookish_Traveler wrote:rwhen, the TVM has plenty of duct tape if you want us to strap you into your car.......

:evilaugh:

LOL. Until I get this fixed....I may have to take you up on that.

HEY it is International Pancake day!!! Is Calma flipping jacks over on the TVM???

*sets out plates of all variety of hot pancakes with warm buttered syrup*

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Teltasarewen » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:56 am

Rwen I am definitely enjoying the life of leisure as I take a break from work. Not sure if I will go back or not at this point. :)

It is nice not having to wake up so early every morning (well it was actually every night as I got up around 11pm and started my shift at 2:30 am). We shall see how long it lasts. I've been off since November and I am already as I so fondly put it, becoming a house potato. No not a couch potato as I rarely sit watching TV. :rofl: Which leads me to wondering if there is such a thing as a computer potato. :roll:
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby heliona » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:24 pm

SilverScribe wrote:heliona, that's fantastic news about the University! And I wouldn't give notice until two weeks before you plan to leave. That's the business norm so you don't have to feel guilty at all. ;)

It's 30 days notice at my work (and I think that might be the norm here in the UK, I'm not sure). The only reason I'm thinking about giving them a little more notice is because HR is not prone to doing anything fast and they will have to work out whether I've got leave to take or to pay back (in fact, I intend to work out myself how much I'll be able to take so that I won't have to pay any money back for taking too much leave).

Welcome back, Telta! I'm not sure whether I recognise your name or not - I suspect not since I was away from TORC, only popping in occasionally, when you registered. :) But it's always lovely to see oldbies returning. :thumbsup:

rwhen, good luck with your seat belt! I can't imagine driving without one! My parents had a couple of old cars that didn't have seatbelts in the rear (actually one of the cars didn't have seatbelts in the front until my dad got them put in) and it was odd sitting in the back seat without a seatbelt on.
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Frelga » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:00 pm

Swishing by, but had to stop and :hihi: at Telta. I remember you from the Pony! Welcome back. :rose:

And yup, the Sierras are getting a few inches this week. Maybe a foot or two. It'll be too late for most resorts. Me boys want to go back, but I've no time off till May. We might go for a weekend or hubby can take Lufu for a longer trip.

Hugses all, stay well, safe and warm. :grouphug:
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby basil » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:11 pm

RoseMorninStar wrote:hey basilly.. bicycle weather soon? I hope Miz b's eyes are doing well

Tomorrow's her last surgery, at 745 in the AM.

Not today, though it's bright and sunny and very windy. We have a storm system moving in from Colorado that will be here later tonight.

Notice I haven't been talking up rain lately? :)

My bike is a single speed, so it's not very good struggling against wind like we're having today. I do have collapsible baskets on the rear, so I can do shopping with it.

What kind you got, if I may be nosy?

wrennie, I started using the seat belt b/c our latest car nags me into it. Every 30 seconds "bing bing bing", but I will take it off when I do banking from the car or backing it into our drive. It's restrictive for me to do that.

Hello to the prodigal TORCista Teltasarewen!

You'll have to school me on an appropriate shorting of your long username. Mine's short, but got lengthened to "basillllllllllllllllly one".

Now there's a mystery to figure out! :lol:

Poor heliona got turned into a noisy flying machine innocently enough, I don't want to see you turned into an ubiquitous entertainment machine.

Heidi Ho, Denny Zens! Great day today, think I'll go on a walkabout a bit, since biking is out.

b
basil
Mariner

Postby Teltasarewen » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:01 pm

Basil as it has always been since day one when I joined just call me Telta and if it's okay with you I shall call you basil, your shorter form. :)

Hope you got out for your walkabout.

Frelga I remember you too! As a matter of fact I was in the Pony today looking up old post to see what was what and where things had ended etc.

Wow so much to look through! Serves me right for being away for sooo long. :rofl: I started reading and the next thing I knew 3 hours had passed. :Q
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby Dubatuluk » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:27 pm

Telta, three hours can pass when you've only been away for a few days, trust me ;) Your name seems familiar, but I'm not quite certain, I'm one of TORC's middlebees. You can call me Dubs. :)

LOL rwhen! That's what you get for trying to get out early! ;) :P The peanut is fine. Feeling more and more movement every day. The fairy princess is exploding in the reading arena and is suddenly afire with learning (not necessarily what she's supposed to be learning in school... but hey, we'll take what we can get. lol.)

Had things to say. Brain went *poof* Need...something. Food? Hot chocolate? not sure. :P

I'll come back once my brain turns back on.
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Telta, I don't think I've ever met you, but welcome. I'm glad you're here!

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:28 am

I know Telta, she is one of my sisters of the heart!!!! :hug: I am just so glad to see her back again!! grabs Telta by the hands and starts dancing around in circles
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Linteannaiel » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:47 am

Telta, we've probably seen each other around, but haven't posted together much. Oldbie does have a nice ring to it. You can call me Lin, by the way. ;) :D

Rwhen, so many cops! Glad you were able to avoid them, what with the seat belt situation, even though it took you 45 minutes. Phew! :P There wasn't any funny business at work, but I was a bit out of it becuase I didn't sleep well. At least I got to take a nap later in the day. James is doing well, no news from him.. he's just been working, writing movie scripts on his laptop, and working out. The usual stuff. :D

Scribbles, that's good! Glad you got some relaxation in between the skiing. ;) :D

Well, I had an odd day at work, and because I didn't sleep well last night, I felt a little ditzy and made a couple of (funny) mistakes. Nothing serious, though. I told the manager I was having one of those mornings, and he laughed and said "That's okay, you're allowed to have those every once in a while." Our stamp machine also went out, and I tried everything about 10 times before giving up and calling the customer service line.. they had me test it out, and sure enough, it needs repairing. So they're sending us a new one. :P

In other news, it's very windy right now. It was overcast all day, and the wind started up later on. We're definitely in for some rain. A storm is coming! :shock:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Teltasarewen » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:54 am

Dubs it is more than likely we have passed by on the boards from time to time as I was still around when you joined. And I remember well how time passes by quickly when one is wandering TORC. And to think it was just old posts that I was reacquainting myself with which I managed to only put a small dent in.

While I was reading it was like whoa! :Q I can't believe it was actually me writing that! It seems like a whole different person...errr I mean elf. :wink:

Cock-Robin. Thank you. It is good to be back. I have seen your name but have not had the opportunity to meet you. Hi nice to meet you! :hihi:

Lin it is. I have seen you around and it is good to meet you here. :) Hope you are feeling better.

Good morning everyone! :yippie:

VANA! Slow down. I just had a really large glass of milk. Don't want it to... well... I think you get the picture. :rofl: I found some really old posts and it sure helped me find out things I had forgotten especially all those things I had achieved through my time on TORC. Again thanks for your encouragement to come back my sister of the heart. :hug: :happydance: :heart:
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:36 am

HHHEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Snow this morning. Not very much, but about an inch to clear off the car before driving in. The roads are totally clear, the ground isn't cold enough for this to stick. At the moment it is spitting mixed snow and rain. It is kind of fun for a change. :D And it is WEDNESDAY...mid work week. YAY.

Telta, boy don't I hear ya. I would LOVE to be able to enjoy some time off and just take life one day at a time. I envy you that. So really enjoy it. :D And I looked it up...seems that the term is now "mouse potato". :D Works either way I should think. And on posting after a break from TORC. I was gone for two years almost and when I read some of the things I wrote back in '01, *shakes head*. But it all comes back nice and natural in no time at all. :D Good morning. Where are you by the way? States or elsewhere?

heliona, I hope you don't owe any time back to THEM. That would bite!!! And no luck on the safety belt. But I did rig up a guitar strap that is serving at the moment. Looking online, it could cost up to $700 to get it replaced (that is what the Volvo support website is saying it will need from others who have had this problem). :( Guitar straps don't keep one very safe in case of an accident I am afraid, but it will keep the coppers from stopping me. :D Have a great day.

Frelga lady? How are you feeling? Is your back sore from yesterday? :hug: Hope you make it back to the snow again before it all goes away. Do you go up to Shasta?

basilllllly one!! Today Mzzzzzy basil had/has her surgery. All warmes thoughts and soft hugs coming her way. Let us know how she fairs through it all. Just to let you know, my seat belt drives me mental, especially on longer trips. I bought one of those sheep skin wraps and that does help to pull it off of my neck. Did you get out for a ride or walk yesterday? Hope so. See you back here with news, right?

DUBSIES, *knocks on the brain* You there? :D Thanks for the update and great news that the fairy princess is doing so well with reading. I love that she will formulate a desire to read, for me it came a bit late...around 10th grade before I finished anything more than Cat In The Hat. :P No desire was the reason, not that I couldn't read. Comic books as I recall were high on my list. Come on back when you remember what you wanted to say. :P :D

Hey CR. Are you working today? Good to see you.

Vanadarlin', how was work yesterday? :hug: 143. Are you off tomorrow? I hope so and we get some chatter time. :D

Lin, James writes movie scripts? :shock: What a talent. I didn't know that and if you said it before, sorry that I missed it. I hope that you slept better last night and feel refreshed today. Did the storm finally hit you? Stay safe and warm out there in CA. Don't want you to blow away. :D

Scribbles, hey there. We got SNOW too finally. :D It is Wednesday, two more sleep until you know what. I must sound like a broken record on work. But I am always working for the weekends. :D

SHOUT OUTS: vison, Calma, P darlin' J, Iris, Rosie lass, Imi Friend, portia, Tooks, Morwenna, Karlina, Tarina, Gollum Girl, Silverberry, Leoba, Renowen, Drieske, Rowan, Jae, Bardy, Windy, rosenchanted, HighDruid, RUNZIES, Parm, Guru, Lewie, oldtoby, hamlet, Hamfast, JonnySnitzel, Crucifer, Bilbo25, frodolives, Alasse, lenne and Gladhaniel.

Hope to see you folks later.

and

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:46 am

Well, I'm back! :hihi:

What'd I miss?

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rwhen » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:51 am

A lot. Welcome back Telta for one. ;)

Did you enjoy DC? I love visiting there, or I used to. :whistle:

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:46 am

I'm really tired...did a lot more walking than planned, and had a little more stress than planned too. :)

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Calma » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:05 pm

basil... CR....

Are you boys ok?
I've been hearing about the storms in your area.
Stay safe.
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 2
:x Losses:

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby ... Cock Robin

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby rwhen » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Thanks Calma. I do see that a tornado has touched down in basillllly's home town. I left a message on their machine but I also know that Msssy basilllly was having surgery on her other eye today. :(

I asked on the message for him to pop on in and let us know if everything is okay.

*worries*

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rowanberry » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:04 pm

HELLLLOOOOOOO! :)

I've had a busy day, running some errands again, and then visiting my dad at the hospital and continuing from there to see that his home is OK. He's doing much better already, was sitting on the bed and reading a newspaper when I got there, and cracked a couple of jokes with the nurse who came to talk about his latest lab results, but it will still take some time before he'll get home.

Rwhen, what on Earth threw all those cops just on the roads you had planned to drive? :P And, I didn't find you insensitive about my mom's clothing in any way. I believe that some might think that *I* am insensitive when I say that most of her belongings are just stuff that I want to get rid of. There's very little I'm going to keep just for sentimental reasons.

basil, hope that Miz B:s surgery went well, and that you weren't hit by the tornado!

Welcome back, Iris! :hug:
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby heliona » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:09 pm

:hihi: I hope everyone's doing well, particularly those in the storm-hit areas of the US (basilly b and family!! :shock:).

It was my first day shift at work today and it was rather dull. Got another day tomorrow. :zzz: :D I must gather enough energy to iron a shift for tomorrow (the weather's perking up and I may even want to take my jumper off! :surprise: :lol:).

Oh, and somehow I've managed to get all of the leave that I wanted booked off, which is a bit of a shock. Normally I'm worrying about getting the leave in time to organise something, but now it's all sorted. (And I've done some quick calculations and as long as I don't take any more leave, I should be all right in terms of not having to pay any back.)
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby rwhen » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:15 pm

Lovely Rowan In Bloom wrote:what on Earth threw all those cops just on the roads you had planned to drive?

A cop car had hit an SUV right in the intersection, so they had it all blocked off in all directions. It looked to be a pretty bad accident actually. There were emergency vehicles all around. I probably got there within about ten minutes of it happening.

I too don't think you were being insensitive at all. The things that I cherish of my mothers wasn't her clothing, but other momentos that held special meaning that I will keep all my life. A ring, her paintings....:D

heliona, good for sorting out the leave and not owing any back. I know that both you and Rowan are going to the Moot later this year. Ten years. My goodness. And it is warm enough to go without a sweater? It has been spitting snow all day here. Good luck getting through your next three days. :D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby basil » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:56 pm

Calma wrote:basil... CR....

Are you boys ok?
I've been hearing about the storms in your area.
Stay safe.

basil, hope that Miz B:s surgery went well, and that you weren't hit by the tornado!

I hope everyone's doing well, particularly those in the storm-hit areas of the US

I do see that a tornado has touched down in basillllly's home town.

All is fine here, just minor damage and a bit of flooding in town, bright and sunny today.

I read that 9 people have died, but none in KS.

Cool video in the first link of the actual tornado near us and the second is CR's Topeka.

http://hutchnews.com/Publicsafety/storm--3

http://cjonline.com/news/2012-02-29/dea ... ss-midwest

And miz b is fine too. She goes to see the eye doc tomorrow and pick up reading glasses. Her eyesight won't be back 100% for another 4 weeks or so.

b
basil
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Oi!! So glad that you were missed and safe in your little hamlet. Thanks for posting on up and letting us know. :D And all best to the msssssssy basilllly as well. :D Four weeks she can do on her head. :P :D Give her our best.

Okay, time to beat feet. Four minutes and then tomorrow is THURSDAY. Closer and closer it creeps!!

See you all then.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:41 pm

I will be here tomorrow for sure!!! :thumbsup:

So glad to hear that you and mizzzy b are well and that surgery went well. 4 weeks is a while but if she will be able to see better then it is worth it in the long run!!! :hug: to you both!!

CR check in as soon as you can hon so we know you are alright!!!! *bites fingernails waiting to hear from CR*

Hey Iris so glad that you are back hon!! I sure missed you!! I forgot that you were on a trip. I just kept wondering where the heck you ran off to. :D :hug: Welcome home!!!

Well my interview for the position is going to be Saturday sometime during my shift at work. All four of us who applied work on Saturday so I think we will all be interviewed that day. *crosses fingers* I want this position, I want this position.....

heliona I am glad you could work that out with the time and all. :thumbsup:
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Calma » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Glad you and the Mrs. are well, basil.
Now we just wait to hear from CR.

See you tomorrow, rwhen! :hihi:
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 2
:x Losses:

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby ... Cock Robin

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive