HELLLLLLLLOOO - The Home Alone Thread

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Frelga » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:09 am

Iris, what Rose said about probiotics. The trick is to take them halfway between the antibiotic doses, so the good bugs have a chance to do their stuff before you nuke them with the next pill. (but you probably know that :oops: ) Glad to hear mess are working!

Glad to hear meds are working for you, too, rwhen.

Get-well-vibes to both of you, and Vana and Miz B. ~~~~~~~~ <- vibes.

Got my son back from grandparents last night. They love having him, but as they are slowing down bit by bit, he gets somewhat cooped up when he's there. He's old enough to stay home alone, and I've let him before, but there have been so many break-ins in the area that I don't feel good about it. Ah well, camps will start soon.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:25 pm

Well I am feeling some better today and I rested fairly good last night. I got 6 hours of good sleep till I woke up hacking and coughing up crap from my lungs. I decided to stay up so that I did not wake my beloved up too. :D

Had a fairly good day at work. The Loss Prevention Corporate boss came in today to check us out and I was given a $50 gift card for being an awesome helper with our Loss Prevention group. :yippie: It sure is paying off to be a part of the Safety committee at work. I got my CPR certs for free and now this $50 gift card. :thumbsup: Another day to rest up!

Thanks everyone for your compliments on my grand daughter. I am pretty proud of her already and it wont make a fig of difference to me if she does not make it to the Olympics. She will always be a winner in my eyes of course she is that good too! ;)

She is home schooled Rose and I do not think she would quite be high school age yet.
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:42 am

I'm eating Activia yogurt as a mid-morning snack, but I've been thinking maybe I should either up that to twice a day, or get a probiotic supplement since this is a super strong dose they're giving me this time.

I went for a blood test this morning. Any other time I've gone in the morning they've taken me right away, no problem. This morning they had a crowd of three :roll: Which I followed...everywhere. It just held me up and I was late for work and embarrassed, but at least I realized it in time to give my boss a heads up.

but, anyhow, if there is Lyme, there should be antibodies left for them to find so we'll know at my doctor appt. in July. :)

:hihi: everyone!

Dubs: CAN'T WAIT!!! :D

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rwhen » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:51 am

HHEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Thursday and Internist day for me. I suspect that this first visit will be to chat and set up tests. It is a beginning. Speaking of beginnings, this is the start of about 5 days of nice weather with no rain. BONUS. And one day from Friday.

Hope that everyone has a great day!!

Rosie lass, I am not on any antibiotics now for a few months, but the tummy is still an issue - that is something to talk to the Doc about. Hope you had a successful errand run and that you get some rain soon.

Rowan, now your Thursday is over. YAY. Your weekend is almost upon you. Sweetness. Is there a dance class tonight? Hang in there.

DUBSIES, 8 days now!!! SO close. I know the feet swelling thing. For my whole last month I couldn't wear anything but slippers!!! Kiss the princess and rub the belly!! On the employee!! Why would he want to steal from your father while he is in the hospital? That is really a nasty piece of business. :( Glad so far that all is okay, but I hope the house and the car are locked up tight. At least if something happens the police will have the person to go after!!

Frelga lady, soon enough you will feel comfortable with your son home alone. The time goes so fast. Do you have plans for the summer and any vacation? How is the reconstruction of the yard going? :D

Vanadarlin', glad you are somewhat better and SCORE on the $50 card. You so deserve it. "awesome helper" is a grand title!! :D :hug: 143 May today be yet another improvement over yesterday!! And that you got some sleep in there too.

Scribbles, one day to Amy Day!! Hang in, I know they are doing their best to bury you with work. Thinking on you.

Iris and basillly, and CR and heliona, just wondering where you are.

SHOUT OUT: vison, Calma, Tooks, portia, Fala, Sandra, Morwenna, Imi friend, P darlin' J, Lin, Silverberry, Sil, Luthy, RUNZIES, Tarina, Karlina, Drieske, Jae, Bardy, Windy, rosenchanted, highdruid, Telta, Lalaith, Gollum Girl, Lwyze, Leoba, Renowen, Parm, Guru, oldtoby, Lewie, hamlet, Hamfast, JonnySnitzel, Crucifer, Bilbo25, frodolives, Alasse, lenne and Gladhaniel.

May today sail smoothly on into Friday for everyone!!

:hihi:

and

Iris, cross posted with you. Good that you got the blood test. But you won't know until next month if there is Lymes? Seems like a long time to have to wait!! :hug: Hang in there, I am sure the boss understood.
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:39 am

Iris, our dog caught anaplasmosis from a tick. There's LOTS of stuff out there in the big outdoors. :P

Antibiotics did the trick though. :D:D

When's lunch? Who's buying the pizza?

8)
Oktoberfest!!!!

--------------------------------------
(for Calma)
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:45 am

Rob and I were watching "The Green Mile" the other night and, if you know the movie or book, you know one of the characters at teh beginning suffers from a bladder/urinary tract infection. Of course, in 1935 there wasn't a whole lot they could do about it and I'm thinking, Thank God for the people who have developed antibiotics! :D

And a severe thrashing for those who over prescribe them.

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby GwenElf » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:54 am

IrisBrandybuck wrote:Rob and I were watching "The Green Mile" the other night and, if you know the movie or book, you know one of the characters at teh beginning suffers from a bladder/urinary tract infection. Of course, in 1935 there wasn't a whole lot they could do about it and I'm thinking, Thank God for the people who have developed antibiotics! :D

I was just thinking this morning, thank God for the people who've developed eye treatment/invented and improved glasses so I can actually see! If I'd have been born in the middle ages, I'd be cross-eyed and blind. :shock:

Also, :hug::hug: Iris! I hope the treatment goes well -- a classmate of mine had Lyme 4-5 years ago and had an awful time with it. Perhaps she could have done with more pizza.. *Grabs a slice*

:clap: for your appointment, rwhen! I hope it goes well this afternoon!

:hihi: the thread! I've been sewing and proofreading non-stop for the last week and will continue to do sew, erm, so, until my projects are finished! *Finishes her slice of pizza, snatches up the seam ripper, and heads to the corner of the house where the sewing machine lives*
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 am

Thursday's almost over. Tomorrow, it's Friday! :) No dance class today, but resting for a change.

Vana, yay on your bonus check! 8)

Rwhen, you're probably at the appointment when I'm posting this. Hope it goes well! :hug:

Dubs, you better keep an eye on that employee. :x What a jerk.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:12 am

*A knock is heard on the house door, "knock" "knock"*

Vana is walking in the room "Hello the House!" "I'll get the door."

There stands a surly dwarf holding a stack of pizza boxes that smell wonderful*

"Yes?"

I got a delivery for someone.

"Who is it for?"

"A Miss Vana and I have a note here." *Presents the note*

heard from the inside the house main room* What's it say Vana?

Let me see....... hm it is a gift from my beloved pool elf for us to enjoy and wishing us a great day!!!!
:D

Hey everyone the Pizza is here!!!! Bring those on in and place them on the table in the middle of the room. Thanks!

"Humf!" *the dwarf grunts and then tosses the pizzas down on the table and exits grumbling* "I didn't even get a tip!"

Hello the house!!! :hihi:

Iris I do hope that the antibiotics help get rid of that stupid bug Lymes. :hug: You were able to give the boss a heads up to being late do do not feel embarrassed about being late. It happens! :hug:

Scribbles tomorrow is the day!!!! Happy Amy Day tomorrow sweetie!!!! :hug:

rwhen I do hope they can see if they need to do something more and move on it quicker then they have on this and anything else they have done for you. :hug: 143

Dubs you hang in there wont be long now!! :D :thumbsup: Glad the employee has not made a move at this point, I hope he thinks better of it and does nothing. You two be safe!! :hug:

rowan darling no class tonight huh? Well take the time to enjoy the family and relax!! Have a great weekend dear friend!! :hug:

Rose I know that when I take antibiotics I have to up something like the yogurt to keep my tummy feeling more settled and keep things working right. :thumbsup:

rwhen darling where is this sun of which you speak? It is cloudy and gloomy here. :( No blue sky in sight in any direction. Oh well!! Maybe this afternoon or tomorrow.

So how is everyone else doing!!!
I slept in this morning and had a very disrupted night waking off and on coughing and having to blow my nose. But I did get more sleep then the two days before. :thumbsup: By last night I was having trouble just trying to get air in my lungs because of the congestion in my chest but it broke up over night. I can breath so much better today! :thumbsup:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby RoseMorninStar » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:17 am

Hello all.

Another day... and I never can seem to get enough done. The day goes by too quickly.

Vana.. Congrats on the gift card! It's so nice to know your efforts are appreciated.

Dubs!! :) :hug:

rwhen.. I didn't know you had problems with your feet swelling. I hope all goes well at the appointment and it will help you get some of these issues resolved.

Rowanberry.. by the time you read this it will be Friday for you! Have a great weekend!

Sil.. what are you sewing now? I'm getting ready to make a couple of Ren-faire costumes for Mica~Lynn & her sweetie. She wants to help/learn to sew while we make hers.

Pizza? How 'bout a fish fry? Tomorrow. Who's buying? :twisted:

Iris, Antibiotics can certainly be life-savers, even if they can play havoc with our systems. I hope it all works out for you.

We are still hoping for rain.. we're in a bit of a drought right now.. behind by about 4 1/2 inches.. there's a slight chance of rain on Sunday. The ground is so hard I haven't been able to plant the flowers in some areas, but I've been watering to soften up the ground a bit.

Have a good weekend everyone.. :hihi:
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:24 am

Rose I believe that rwhen was talking to Dubs about her pregnancy and the feet swelling near the end of the pregnancy. She was telling her that she had that problem then too for the last few months of it. ;)
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby basil » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Hello DZs!

A warm humid breezy day here, getting rain tonight, we hope.

/weather report from here in b-land.

miz b is over whatever annoying thing she had.

I'm sure it was the tonic. :wink:

I should be doing something, but I'm feeling lazy and not too ambitious. I got a video I need to return, so I might pedal on over to the video store to get that taken care of.

Vana, that's an awfully cute kid in your pic, and probably the brains to match too, bethcha.

Rose, Fish Pizza? Whaddya think? :)

wreenie's at the doctor, or about to be, we hope and getting repaired.

miss berry's working on Friday already, always the ambitious type, Dubs' baby, Iris busy handing out yogurt, CR slaving away at Wally World, Gwen sewing, heliona schooling, Tooks sneaking and making movies and Scribbles on walkabout adventure in Manwe . . . . . you guys are wearing me out!

And Frelga being normal for once. :lol:

I'm gonna go nap.

b
basil
Mariner

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:24 pm

I'm here, just tired and headed for bed.

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Amrunelen » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:25 pm

Hola, bonjour, hello....and happy almost Friday!

Work has been full of problems, problems, problems for me lately. At least all of the problems are at the other end of the phone. :P Looking forward to a splendidly sunny weekend of good food, company and tasty drinks as I'll be heading to New Jersey for one of my roomate's graduation parties with her family.

Hello's, good thoughts, and squeezy hugs to all those who need them. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Take care of yourself Dubs!

Cheers to weekends, I hope you all have lovely ones! :)
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby oldtoby » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:29 pm

Vanaladiel wrote:Rose I believe that rwhen was talking to Dubs about her pregnancy and the feet swelling near the end of the pregnancy. She was telling her that she had that problem then too for the last few months of it. ;)

oh crud! my foot swells too!! :? im pregnant!!!!! :shock:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:05 pm

Could be darling!! Do you know who the father would be? ;) Love you silly man that you are!!! :P :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Linteannaiel » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:34 pm

Hellooooo everyone! :hihi: :D

Just thought I'd pop in.. I went missing for a couple days, for the same reasons.. I've been busy with work and getting ready for Disneyland. I have Friday and Saturday off before we leave, and then I have the whole week off (James and I will be in Disneyland for 6 days), so I have 9 days off in total. :D

Rwhen :hug: I can't believe it's only 2 days away! I'll definitely enjoy the vacation, and I'll be back to tell everyone about it, with lots of pictures! ;) I will hit Space Mountain for you, for sure! The one time I went to Disneyland, I didn't get to go on Space Mountain, so I can't wait. :D Have fun with your new laptop, and it's so good to hear you finally got an appointment with the Internist! :hug:

Hey Vana! :hihi: Sorry to hear you've been sick.. glad you're feeling a bit better now. :hug: Your granddaughter is lovely, by the way! :D

Frelga, I'll dedicate my first time on Space Mountain to all my TORC friends. ;) :D

Rose, thanks, I shall! :angel:

I'm really tired, so forgive me for not replying to everyone.. I will eventually (probably when I get back from my trip ;)). Just wanted to let you all know you've been in my thoughts. Love you guys! :grouphug:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:11 am

Early Friday morning and nobody is home... :(

:D:D:D

*raids the wine cellar*

*raids the fridge*

*sneaks back to the TVM and heads for the beach*
Oktoberfest!!!!

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Amrunelen » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:05 am

*sets a Took catching banana and clown trap*

*places a bottle of of wine in the middle*

Hope this works right... =:)
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:39 am

HHHEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Happy Friday dance to everyone. I did get to the doctors and as I figured, now there is a battery of testing to start up. Two CT-scans, MRI, another full blood panel and more. But this is how it begins. I could comment on the doctor, but I shall refrain and just be thankful that I have Project Access who is footing the bill for all of this.

Beautiful outside and it should stay that way through the weekend!!

Tooks, HEY IT IS THE WEEKEND don't take all our goodies away to the beach. Or maybe we need to come to the beach with you....TVM take the HELLO crew to the beach!!! :D

Iris, The Green Mile is one of my favorite movies. I have it on DVD and VHS and catch it any time it comes around the tube. Agreed, thank everything for advanced medicines. Hope you have a good weekend.

Sil, :hug; YAY good to see you, you blind lady. ;) I wear tri-focals, so I am no one to talk. And I think I did most of it to myself. *hands over the huge basket of all sorts of sewing notions* Have away. :D

Rowan, have a wonderful weekend. I do hope that your weather is perfect for a restful time. AND NOW IT BEGINS FOR YOU. :D

Vanadarlin', :hug: 143. Thank the lovely pool elf for the pizzas. :D I watched the actual radar scans and you guys are not supposed to get the sun that we are. It is showing green for several more days I am afraid. :( Very sorry. I will shoo it up your way, that could do it. :D Very glad to read that this has broken for you and you are able to breath better now. :hug:

Rosie lass, I hear you. All days seem to travel by so fast to me. The weeks turn into months and then to years and I just wonder what the heck happened. Vanadarlin' is right, I was talking about when I was PG and the last month I couldn't wear anything but slippers. Like DUBSIES now. But nothing since then. :D Fish fry????? Friday Fish Fry? I like it!!

basilllly, good to read that the tonic worked miracles on the misssssy b. :D I hope you got soaked last night!!!!! I know you need it. Did you end up taking a bike ride yesterday? Have a great weekend, as possible in the botb!!!

CR. :hug: Get that needed rest! Hope to see you back on soon.

RUNZIES. Wheeeeee. :D Enjoy the weekend and the trip to NJ for the grad!!! Sounds like fun to me. Safe home and let us know all about the partay!!

oldtoby, don't worry, it passes in nine months. :P :D

Lin, have the very best time at Disneyland. It is here finally and a week off too. Enjoy James and the food and the rides and the sunny SoCal weather. :D Photos please!! We expect a full report when you return. ;) :D

Scribbles, hope Amy Day was wonderful and you have the best restful or whatever is in the cards sort of weekend. I know you usually have errands and chores you are doing. Miss ya.

SHOUT OUT: vison, Imi friend, Frelga lady, DUBSIES, Luthy :heart:, Iris hon, portia, Fala, Sandra, Morwenna, P darlin' J, Silverberry, Tarina, Karlina, Drieske, Jae, Bardy, Windy, rosenchanted, highdruid, Telta, Lalaith, Gollum Girl, Lwyze,Leoba, Renowen, Parm, Guru, Lewie, hamlet, Hamfast, JonnySnitzel, Crucifer, Bilbo25, frodolives, Alasse, lenne and Gladhaniel.

*pulls out the lovely fish and starts the BBQ*

Who is bringing the sides????

Have a great weekend all!!

and

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:48 am

. . . rushes in, drops off a huge bowl of warm German Potato Salad . . .

Halllloooooo da thread!!

:hihi: mom! Great news on the Internalist being so thorough and *whew* yes, glad someone else is going to get those bills. :shock: :D Hope you have a super easy day and a quick sliiiiiide into the weekend.

Soooo, sorry to post, eat and run :P, but I have deadlines that won't move and a brain stuffed with cotton wool to try and get clear and usable this morning, LOL.

So :hihi: hi now and bye now to everyone, and hope y'all are doing well!!

. . . rushes back out . . .

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:14 am

Have a great Amy Day, Scribbles! Well, I work late tonight and then come in early tomorrow. They're really into sleep deprivation.

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rowanberry » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:28 am

Helllllllloooooooooo!!!!!!!!

And, Happy Friday! 8)

Tomorrow, I can sleep in, although in the afternoon, I'm going to participate in a running/walking event with the hubby and the Hobbit Lass.

Rwhen, good that the doctor puts you through such a thorough scan! Hope they'll find out quickly what's wrong!

*snatches a big slice of pizza and heads for the pool*

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

rowanberry

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:52 am

Sure rwhen. You all can join us at the beach. There's plenty of wine.... ;)

:D
Oktoberfest!!!!

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:55 am

Well Rwhen darling you have the power. It the clouds did break up yesterday afternoon and the sun was shining beautifully the late afternoon. Today it is gorgeous too!! Bright and warm!! :D Thank you my sweet sister of the heart for that warm breath of spring you sent to us. :yippie:

I know it is a pain to go through all the tests again but if this is a different doctor, he might just see something the other missed. So as long as they are picking up the bill, go for it!!! We wants you well and tip top shape and this is probably the only way to get there. Maybe! ;) Is the doc cute?? It might just be worth it if he is.

Scribbles I hope you had a wonderful Amy Day. You did not mention it in your haste to rush back off to the mill stone and grinder called work. :hug: Dont get yourself too run down in all this busy stuff dear.

Thank you Lin!! :hug: I am feeling much better today and I slept much better last night. Still got lots of junk coming out of my lungs but it will get better. The Neti Pot at night and the inhalers all seem to help a lot!

I have to get off to work soon so I will not totter around much this morning. Have a great day all of you!! :hihi:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby RoseMorninStar » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Did someone mention wine? (you knew that'd get me in here, didn't you?) :D

rwhennie.. hopefully they will get to the bottom of your woes. Some things are just a puzzle to diagnose. :hug:

Fish fry on Fridays is practically a holy thing here in Wisconsin.. (not that we always partake) but it is a big tradition here. And.. erm.. no.. I don't want fish on my pizza. :puke:

Amy day.. egg biscuits.. I think that will be on the menu tomorrow morning..Have a great weekend everyone!!

runes.. at least the problems are at work --ones you are presumably getting paid to handle-- and not rooted in unemployment. :D (I'm trying to look at the bright side)

Have a great weekend everyone... and if you have any rain to spare.. send a little our way. :D :D
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Linteannaiel » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:39 pm

Thanks Rwhen, I will! And I'll definitely be back with photos and a full report. ;) :D

Vana, I'm glad you're feeling better and sleeping better! :hug:

See you all when I get back from Disneyland! :hihi: Who knows, I may pop in once or twice just to say hi. ;)
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:13 am

Take a ride on Space Mountain for me!

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:42 am

Well I went to my General Manager and spoke to him about my schedule and how the Office Manager (my direct manager) told me that because I got a second job he did not feel that I needed as many hours. :shock: I mean I got a second job to make up the hours I was not getting so I could make ends meet. I had spoken with both managers to let them know why I was looking for a second job and that this job was my main and first job and I wanted it to stay that way.

Anyways he said he would take care of it and help the Office Manager work on getting me a better schedule. Well last night after having two very busy nights at work, the Office Manager told me I could come in today (my regular day off) to work from noon to 6. Mind you they know this is Ryan's day off. I said I would do it and he looked at me and said "IF you dont want to you dont have to!" In a very sarcastic manner. So I knew he was looking for a way to say I did not need the hours if I was refusing them. So I looked at him and said "No I NEED the hours!" But needless to say I am not happy about it. Ryan and I have not had a day off together for over two weeks now. Either I have had to work or he has! Looks like it may be another week before we are suppose to have a day off together. :angry: :pull:

The General Manager said he does not want to lose me at work so I know he will step in and help, but I am so tired of being singled out by the Office Manager. Several of the other employees, cashiers have second jobs and they are all getting more hours then I am. Also a bit of interesting information that I got yesterday from the Front End Lead, she is looking for another job and will take a full time job if it comes up and walk out on us. Golly wont they be glad they gave her the job instead of me? :roll:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rowanberry » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:57 am

Vana, I guess that's the curse of working in retail. :( My daughter would like to work, and has asked for, some more hours, but hasn't got any. Fortunately, that one's only a temporary job, and she's looking for something else all the time. I think you'd better be on the lookout as well! And, that Office Manager sounds like a real jerk. :x Hang in there! :hug:

Yesterday, I jogged/walked a half marathon. My legs are still sore, but otherwise, I didn't feel at all tired at the finish! 8) Next time, I'll just have to start getting my legs used to it a bit earlier...

rowanberry

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive