HELLLLLLLLOOO - The Home Alone Thread

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Linteannaiel » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:58 am

Hellooooo everyone! :hihi: :D

My trip with James was wonderful! He stayed over at my house on Friday night, and we had dinner at Chili's. We set out in the early afternoon on Saturday, and we stayed in the Bay Area, in Novato.. it's such a cute town, and his family used to live there, so we love it there. In the evening, he gave me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, with red roses, red, pink, and fuchsia carnations, and lilies. Then we got dressed up (I wore a pale pink dress with a black sash, black stockings, and heels that I rarely wear, which nearly killed my feet :rofl:) and went out to dinner at one of our favourite, somewhat fancy restaurants, The Hilltop Cafe, which we hadn't been to since my birthday in 2010. The food was even better this time.. I ordered a New York Steak, which was new to the menu, with mashed potatoes and mushrooms, and he had chicken (I forgot the name of it, though), which came with sauteed greens and grit fries (we had fun trying to figure out what they were, since we hadn't heard of them before.. LOL). We took a couple of pictures outside the restaurant (and boy, was it cold!), and when we got back to the hotel we exchanged cards, took a couple of pictures of the bouquet and cards, a few of me in my dress (my grama wanted pictures ;)), and a couple more of the two of us, then we had a bit of champagne and some chocolates. :D

On Sunday, we had a nice relaxing day, and just went out to eat at this burger place that reminds us of a '50s diner (well, if you ignore the flatscreen tvs :D :P), and split a big 1/2 pound burger. James wanted garlic fries, which I didn't like much.. it was funny, too, because it turned out he didn't like them either. We also split a mocha milkshake. Yum! We went to the movies after that, and saw The Vow. It was a good movie. It was definitely a little bittersweet, but I really liked it. ;) :D

On Monday, we packed up and checked out, then went to Sausalito, which is another one of our favourite places to visit. We had fun trying to decide where to eat (we usually don't eat in Sausalito, because we like to eat at Finnegan's in Novato, which is another one of our favourites), and we went around to different restaurants looking at the menus they had posted. We decided to eat at the Winship Restaurant, which oddly enough serves burgers from Napa Valley, and I ordered a California Burger, which had avocado, bacon, and swiss cheese. I'm making myself hungry just thinking about it! After that we walked around and looked at the ocean, took a few pictures, and then got ice cream cones and walked around more. Then we set out, stopped for coffee at the Starbucks in Novato, and James drove me home.

So, it was a great weekend! :D I need to get back on track with my diet, though. ;) :P

Okay, time for me to catch up..

Silver, I love Girl Scout cookies! My grama said she ordered some, so we're still waiting for ours to come in. I have no idea which kinds she ordered, though.. I'm hoping she ordered Thin Mints and Samoas, because those two are my favourite. :D Don't worry, I got some rest.. there's no need to get angry. ;) :P

Scribbles, glad you had a good Saturday, and you got some snow! Hopefully you'll get more later on, so you can ski. I just had a "Muesday" today, as well. ;) :D

Vana, I hope you get the new position! A pay raise and full time hours would be great, and you definitely deserve it! I'm keeping you in my prayers, for the position, and for you to finally find relief from those hives. :hug:

CR, congrats on the (laptop?) computer! Finally! :D :hug:

Dubs, sorry to hear you've been sick. I hope you feel better very soon, and I hope you don't have any more seizures. My mom used to have them every once in a blue moon because she has very mild epilepsy, though she usually only had them because of a bad reaction to medication. She hasn't had one in years, thankfully. Keeping you and the baby in my prayers. :) :hug:

Rwhen, I did sleep well last night, and I took a two hour nap today, so I'm feeling better. Sending some sunshine your way! :D :hug:

Have a happy Wednesday, all! See you tomorrow! :grouphug:
Last edited by Linteannaiel on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:33 am

Cock-Robin, try OpenOffice as a word processor if your computer doesn't have one. (Most computers come with a trial version of Microsoft Office, which means you can only use it for a short period of time.) OpenOffice is free, and also has the very handy ability to save documents as pdf files, which means that you can send them on to other people who then can't edit them and also the formatting remains how you wanted it to be, which is a major problem with different versions of Word Documents. OpenOffice will also open .doc files, so there shouldn't be an issue reading and editing any files that you've written using Microsoft Word.

This website gives tips on free software that's available for all sorts of things. :) Money Saving Expert - Free Office Software
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby rwhen » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:21 am

HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Wednesday, mid week and I hope that everyone is well. This morning it is very windy and rainy, but again 50 when I left the house. Crazy winter we are having. I hope today sails smoothly by for those who are working it out and is relaxing for those who are off.

Scribbles, thanks for the doughnuts!! My favorite doughnut is just a good old fashioned glazed, fresh. Muesday!!! Love that as well. So did you get more snow overnight? Is there possibly a track in your future? Hang in there.

hamlet, in a house pretty much full of da ladies, you would probably have to fetch those slippers yourself. Good thing there is a cupboard right by the front door with slippers to spare. ;)

Calma, I missed the blueberry pancakes. Maybe I can sneak in and grab some this morning.

Tooks, didja eat all the pancakes yet? I do my main perusing between 6:30 and 8am...after that work can take the whole rest of the day or just a part of it. I try to check back around noon. Didn't happen yesterday. :roll:

Iris, *hands over another jug of coffee* Very glad to read that you slept better night before last. Maybe you were able to string two in a row?

Morwenna, when does the hubby get his new set of chompers? He is going to take a bit to adjust, but once he does, he will love having them. :D

Rowan, I see. Indeed if he is walking in bad weather ta boot to get to the sauna, that could spell trouble. You have vacation coming next week? Well then may the next few days get finished right quickly. Enjoy the rest and time away from work. Who needs that frustration!!! Are there any plans for concerts?

DUBSIES, glad you are feeling a bit better now. Try not to wear yourself out or this cold could last much longer than needed. Good luck to the Rohan man on the extraction. Better out than in. ;)

Silverberry, I like the original peanut butter ones, these days they are called Do Si Do's. But back when I was a scout they weren't called that and it has been so long ago that I can't remember the name of them. Sorry to read about the parents of your patient splitting up. And speaking of "sorry" :shock: Okay, that was just nutty. At the end he takes his hands off the wheel because a huge truck is coming up behind him. LOL. Very nutty. I see there are tons of him "singing" to tunes. :D

Rosie lass, good to see you. I was wondering where you had got off to. Good to read that you are still having a very mild winter. How is Mica~Lynn doing these days? Any news to report? We aren't going to get much sun today, but tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny for most of the day. YAY. Sorry to read about sweet cheeks and trouble with TPTB at the job.

Imi friend. AH got it. Sorry I was dense on that one. Soon we have to try again to set a time for an OG visit. Miss you and I would LOVE to be down in New Orleans right about now, swilling and dancing with the folk. Have you ever been?

CR, most of those Dell's do come with the Microsoft package. Check "all programs", it could be hiding in there. It was on my laptop and I had to drag them to the desktop. Very glad you are enjoying having a new unit after the shock of losing the old one. Now you can get back to writing like you love to dol.

Lin. Thank you for the lovely report on your holiday with James. Novato is really a nice little area, all the food you had sounds amazing and delicious. We share a love of Sausalito!! When I lived in the City, I used to try and get there at least every other month. My favorite place to eat with the Spinnaker, great seafood and the view is to die for if you get a window seat. Watching the ferry go back and forth from Tiberon to SF. LOVE that place. Also on a nice day it is fun to walk around and see all the little shops. Very close to Muir Woods too. .....on a different note. I own a ton of high heels, but the last time I wore them they KILLED my feet and I had to take them off except for walking to and from the car. (Wedding and reception). I think it is because for years and years now I have only been wearing my Keds. :D

heliona, how did it go at work yesterday? Was it just as uncomfortable as you thought it might be? Hope it was okay and hang in there. How is Wilko doing? Any word on the Uni prospects?

Vanadarlin', I do hope to see you tomorrow with an update on the job opportunity. I am thinking all positive thoughts for really great news and also just cause. :D 143 my SSOTH :hug:

SHOUT OUTS: vison, Frelga lady, portia, P darlin' J, Morwenna, Karlina, Tarina, Gollum Girl, Drieske, Jae, Bardy, Windy, rosenchanted, HighDruid, Leoba, Renowen, RUNZIES, basillllly one, Guru, Parm, Lewie, oldtoby, Crucifer, Hamfast, JonnySnitzel, Bilbo25, frodolives, Alasse, lenne and Gladhaniel.

See you later if possible.

:hihi:

and

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:55 am

I was snooping around and found the Open Office and downloaded it. Thanks, everybody.

And I remember those peanut butter cookies. They were originally called Savannahs. I'm trying to cut down at the moment, and I miss the GS cookies. Especially the Thin Mints. I could down a whole box at a sitting if I wasn't careful. Yum!

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:57 am

I love open office. I use it on my computer and we have it on our church computer as well. :)

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby heliona » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:34 am

rwhen wrote:heliona, how did it go at work yesterday? Was it just as uncomfortable as you thought it might be? Hope it was okay and hang in there. How is Wilko doing? Any word on the Uni prospects?

Yesterday I was in a dreadful mood and obviously had a face to match, as everyone kept asking me if I was all right. And one of my bosses said we could have a talk about it, even though I reassured him that there wasn't anything he could do. :roll:

Today there's been a meeting and as a result everyone's been moaning about things. (Which is quite often par for the course here anyway! :D) But it's not been so stressful today.

I did have a phone call on my mobile phone from my mum, which made me very worried, because my parents never call me during the day, on my mobile, and also when they know I'm at work. It turned out that my (half)brother's grandma passed away on Monday. The funeral's on Friday, so I'm hoping to get the night off to go to it. (It's in the afternoon.)

Wilko's doing fine - carrying on as per usual. :D He's a got work quiz this evening - some of his volunteer colleagues take it awfully seriously. It's rather funny, actually! No news from the university yet. If I haven't heard anything by this weekend, I'm going to email them on Monday to see where I stand in the timeline of things.

Cock-Robin, I'm glad that you found OpenOffice. I've certainly not had any problems with it (we've got a Dell desktop too :)).

[Edited because I pressed "submit" having only answered half the questions!]
Last edited by heliona on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby Silverberry_Spritely » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:34 am

Rwhen, I remember him doing a couple of them a few years ago, and he has a tendency to cuss and frequently have issues in those videos. The first one from a few years ago he was almost hit and at one point his eyes went O_O . I've known him awhile, and I like him - We're supposed to take a little vacation time together in late March/early April. We'll see. ;) My friend and fellow nurse loves the Do-Si-Dos, too!

Linny, what a fun time! Glad I don't have to take out my rage on you anymore. ;)

CR, you can always plug in a bigger keyboard. We did that with my dad's laptop. We hooked up an external monitor, and wireless keyboard and mouse. Works great, and you can get a wireless mouse/keyboard combo for $30. You can probably get a cheaper one elsewhere online.

Rose, hello! :D

Well, it's a little before noon and I'm trying to fall back asleep so I'm rested for work. Aren't I productive?
Silverberry_Spritely
Shield Bearer

Postby basil » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:08 am

Just a drive by to say hy.

miz b had her eye surgery earlier today and is fine. Big Bulbous White bandage, and she gets the other eye done next Wednesday.

heliona wrote:Yesterday I was in a dreadful mood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrIUwo_GgmE

A pipe and drum band from Glasgow to cheer you up, do you know them?

Long intro with scenery, cool little dark guy with a big drum.

Dougie MacLean, with one of my favoritest tunes evah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v8pM7cHrT8

Almost guaranteed to getcha ta dance a jig, slippers or no.

Wondering what a Finnish Hell looks like. :) Near 70 F here today, expected.

Computer/connection issues seem OK here, good to hear good news about new pooters.

Heidi Hough, Denny Zens! L8TR

b
basil
Mariner

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:49 am

And a mid-week, mid-way HALLOOOOOO da thread! :P:D

Another quickie I'm afraid . . . work is very busy and I should be doing that instead of this . . . =:)

:hihi: Mom! :D My favourite doughnut happens to be a the risen (yeast) bread type with a bit of plain white sugar on. Can't stand the cakey ones, too heavy for my tummy these days. But bread doughnuts? Not a problem, I could eat three or four at a sitting without even blinking . . . :blush:

We did get more snow early this morning, but just a dusting. All the lovely fluffy stuff we got yesterday morning melted yesterday afternoon when the sun came out; it was +5C when I went home! :shock: So there's grass showing again where my ski track would normally be . . . :roll: This has to be the most bizarre winter here, EVER. However, knowing this part of the Great White North as I do, I'm figuring we'll get slammed in March and I'll ski like a demon for a month. :P:D

Cock-Robin wrote:... or even a flash drive to back up the files, but the external hard drive is a little expensive right now.

Thumb (or flash) drives are exceptionlly cheap these days, and only getting cheaper. (The last 8 Gb one I bought at WalMart was under $20, I'm willing to bet I can get a 16 Gb now for the same money;) ). So as an interim backup plan, they're a good value. And Huzzah! for Open Office, I worked with a lady that swore by it and said she liked it better than MS Office by a mile. :) So glad you're up and running at home again. :thumbsup:

Hurray for wonderful romantic weekends ;) ; better days at workplaces; health improvements for folks; and possible promotions!!

Prayers and healing wishes going out to Dubs, Silverberry, Vana, the loverly miz b and any folks I may have missed . . . sorry if I have :blush:

:rose: heliona, condolences on the loss in your family.

:hihi: Wednesday Waves to all and hope everyone has a grand one, wherever y'all are and whatever y'all plan to be doing! Sorry but I gotta run!

. . . rushes out . . .

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby heliona » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:03 am

SilverScribe wrote::rose: heliona, condolences on the loss in your family.

Thanks, Scribbles. It's not a huge shock, to be honest, as she had had very serious emphysema for years (she used to live in the living room with an oxygen bottle by her side) and has been bed-bound for the last few years. But it's still sad.

All of my actual grand-parents (as in the parents of my mother and father) passed away years ago (the last one was my father's mother, who passed away 3 and half years ago) so I was only left with my (half)brother's grandmother and Wilko's grandmother as "grandparents". Now it's just Wilko's gran (who is soon to be 91, I believe).
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby rowanberry » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:03 pm

My condolences to your family, Heliona. :(

And, GRAR. :x There's something wrong with the new desktop; all sudden, it stopped reacting to anything I did with the mouse - any mouse to be exact, because I tried both the (new) wireless mouse I had connected to it, and the mouse that came with the computer. So, I tried to boot it, but now, it gets stuck in the opening screen. If it doesn't start working tomorrow, I'll have to take it to the shop. :( Fortunately, the laptop was free at the moment.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Wow, I hope your computer gets better, Rowan! Being without a computer for more than a month was just terrible for me. :pull:

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:56 pm

rwhen - Yes - OG soon! I'll need to look at my calendar to see what's free. Busy time with the Easter musical. :)

I have never been down to New Orleans - you couldn't pay me to go there, especially at Mardi Gras. I find the whole idea to be a perverse mockery of a holy season. Bleh. :P

Wish I could stay longer, but I'm off on my next adventure! :D

:hug: to all!
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Heliona my condolences and prayers for your half brother and the family!! I know that as we grew and started losing grandparents, they soon became more important to us. :hug:

Hey I got my new laptop computer today and am currently using it already!!! :yippie: It also is a Dell Inspiron 17something. :D I am loving it already!! Got the new wireless mouse all hooked up too. I can actually see the keys and what they are suppose to be. ;) On the old laptop the A and S were both worn off.

Rowan darling I hope you figure out what the problem is soon hon!! :hug:

CR aren't new computers a blast?? I would die without a computer here at home.
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:08 pm

A lot of the letters were worn off my old keyboard too. :)

Remember to wipe or remove the old hard drives before you get rid of your old computers.. you don't want anyone stealing your private information!!

I have another computer class.. they are always so early in the morning! Driving into Milwaukee at rush hour is something I am not accustomed to! Not fun.

I've got my photos backed up on jump drives and I put them in a safety deposit box and on an external hard drive, but now I need to figure out how to wipe it and update it.

basilly one.. I hope the missus recovers beautifully... and I absolutely LOVE the music from 'Last of the Mohicans' I was listening to it the the other night. It's a '5' star in my itunes. ;)

rwhennie.. what have you still got all of those high heels for? I have a few pair, but I really should go through them again.. I doubt I'd ever wear any of the ones I have anymore. My feet seem to get bigger and of course what I have is out of style. Whenever a formal/semi-formal occasion comes up I never know what to wear because I almost never dress up anymore.

We are supposed to get a bit of snow tonight.. up to 3", which is nothing. It won't last long either. Weird winter indeed. I think it got up to 40F today.

My condolences heliona :hug:

Lin, it sounds like you had a lovely date. :love:

We were out in the San Francisco/Muir Woods/Napa Valley area about a year & 1/2 ago. Beautiful. We were confused by Sausalitio.. I don't believe we made it to the town proper.. I have a feeling we were actually in Mill Valley or something, but we couldn't find anywhere to eat. We ended up going to a Whole foods and eating box lunches from their deli department (which is amazing). We were tired and a bit cranky from a full day .. we had gone to the Muir woods.

Hellos' to everyone! :hihi:
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:59 pm

did you go to Alameda and look at the nuclear wessels?
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:41 pm

We are not getting rid of the old laptop but will definitely be cleaning the hard drive if we do. :hug:

Hey Oldtoby hon!! How you doing tonight hon? :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Linteannaiel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:46 am

Rwhen, thanks! It was delicious food. I've never been to the Spinnaker, but that was one of the restaurants we were thinking of going to. It was actually lovely weather, normally when we go it's rather windy and quite a bit colder.. this time it was sunny, and it felt like spring. I only own three pairs of high heels, which I rarely wear.. otherwise I like wedges for dressing up, as long as they aren't too high. I just wear my Converse sneakers most of the time. Keds are awesome too, I have a few pairs of slip-on ones with cute designs on them. :D

Heliona, my condolences for the loss in your family. :hug:

Silver, I'm glad about that too. ;) :P

Rowan, I hope your computer issues are solved swiftly!

Vana, congrats on the new laptop! You must be having fun. :D

Rose, thanks, I did have a lovely time. :D :love:

Hey Toby, how's it going? ;)

Well, I called the computer shop today to check the status of my laptop, and he told me the fan had just come in today, and it should be done soon, and he'd text me if it was done today. No text today, though, so I'm hoping it will be ready in the next couple of days. I can't wait to have my own laptop back!
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:20 am

HHHEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOO the house!!

Thursday and that is just one day away from Friday. Going to an Asian themed festival this weekend. It is odd that these festivals are being held in the winter, right? Or is it me? Going with family to Seattle and then spend some time with the carpet muncher. :D As opposed to yesterday and today, this morning was a brisk 32, felt much more normal. And we are going to see the sun today. :D

CR, very glad you now have the tools to be able to compose on your new computer and also get some of your old stuff loaded on. Thin Mints put in the freezer, that is a lovely thing for me.

Hey Iris. How goes the battle?

heliona, very sorry to read of the loss in your family. :hug: I too have no living grandparents...or parents for that matter. I think the older we get, the smaller our world becomes. :hug: I hope you can make it to the funeral. Give Wilko a big ol' howdy from the rowdies on the HELLO thread. And I hope you hear from the University soon!!! One less thing.

Silverberry, so is this guy just a friend? Hmmmmm preciousssss? We wants to know. :D He seems like a really fun sort. I mean anyone who can make those videos is certainly enjoying life. Where are you thinking of going in the spring? Some days productivity is found in different ways, like catching up on sleep. ;)

Heidi Hough bassilllllllly one. How is the Missy b doing? Ooooooh I can just imagine how that feels...NOT. Give her our best please. And SEVENTY degrees????? What the heck is that all about? Loved the Scottish video. :D Makes ya smile to see all that lovely country. Very happy that the ISP connection is all good now.

Scribbles, One more sleep until Amy Day fun happens. :D Doughnuts...another thing!! *tries to picture demons skiing* Nope, can't do it. :P Have a great day.

Rowan, sorry to read of the issues with the NEW laptop you have. :( I can't imagine why it would be acting up already. Maybe by the time you are reading this, the problems are all sorted and no need to lug it into town.

Imi friend. Please let me know when your schedule clears. I have been to Mardi Gras, a long time ago now. I mean I AM from Louisiana. ;) I have relatives in New Orleans. When you are not just touristing it is much easy to take and can be fun for a night. I don't know that I would want to go now, it gets pretty crazy there. Next adventure??? *imagination goes wild* :D :hug:

Vanadarlin', :hug: 143. YAY on the new laptop that you got. That has to feel really good driving a brand new machine. And I also have "typed" off the letters on 14 of my keys at work. Every now and again the tech or my brother has to use my computer and they are STUCK without being able to see the keys lettered. :D I just laugh. Hope to see you after you have had a good sleep in on your day off. :hug:

Rosie Lass, how are the classes going? Are you getting good stuff out of them for the effort? On high heels. I used to be quite the shoe hound many moons ago and had to "dress" for work. I don't toss shoes until they really need tossing and my feet haven't changed in over thirty years. I should donate them, maybe just keep a pair or two for fancy needs. I am actually glad to see that the skinny heels came back in again. Muir woods is really beautiful. Indeed, once one turns off the freeway just past the Golden Gate Bridge, it makes like a hairpin turn to the right and Saucalito is down the road a few miles heading back towards the City. Lovely place, but did you know that Tyler Florence has a store in Mill Valley? I have seen it online. :D If I ever get that way again, I plan to check it out. Hope you didn't get too much snow.

oldtoby, if they did, they fell and hurt their heads!!! The hell you would. That is what happened to Checkov!!! Lesson learned. ;)

Lin, sneaks are the way to go right? It is time for my annual to bi-annual replacement of my keds. I have the standard ones ... the same sort I used to wear when I was a kid 50 years ago. :D Class never goes out of style. :P :D Good luck hearing back from the computer shop. Maybe he will work like a bunny and get it turned around fast now that he has the part. :D

SHOUT OUTS: vison, Calma, Frelga lady, portia, Tooks, Leoba, Renowen, Morwenna, Karlina, Tarina, P darlin' J, DUBSIES, RUNZIES, Gollum Girl, Drieske, Jae, Bardy, Windy, rosenchanted, HighDruid, Parm, Guru, Lewie, hamlet, Hamfast, JonnySnitzel, Crucifer, Bilbo25, frodolives, Alasse, lenne and Gladhaniel.

Have a great day everyone.

and

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:34 am

oldtoby wrote:did you go to Alameda and look at the nuclear wessels?

:rofl: :lmbo:

That was fun! I needed a laugh.

Well, yesterday we learned that our dog may have cancer. :( She had two tumors removed last week and the vet called yesterday and said that one of them was malignant and while they got the entire tumor there may be cancer cells still in her. And, of course, it's a rare type of cancer and there isn't much she could tell me about prognosis. If we don't do anything, 6-12 months. If we do, she's not sure of the survival rate, but I did some research (hard, because there's little information) and it's probably a 50% chance of living beyond a year. *sigh*

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby basil » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:28 am

And the movie is among my top 5, Rosie.

*sigh*

Sigh, it never ends.

Thanx for the thought, rosie & wrennie, alphabeticallie.

b
Last edited by basil on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
basil
Mariner

Postby hamlet » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:35 am

rwhen wrote:hamlet, in a house pretty much full of da ladies, you would probably have to fetch those slippers yourself. Good thing there is a cupboard right by the front door with slippers to spare. ;)

Yeah, I just wonder how far I could go before somebody knocks me upside the head.

I'm quite fond of teasing certain ladies here in the office with such things. They frequently respond by throwing things in my direction, all in good fun.

Though I gotta tell you, those keyboards can sting!

Today is a beautiful, sunny, and lovely warm day outside. And I'm inside, here in the office. I'm trying to find any and every excuse I can to take a step outside and a brief walk in the unseasonable 60 degree weather. Had to go to a co-worker's office, which is 15 feet down the hall. Instead, I walked out the door and circled the building and walked in the other entrance which is close to his office.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:57 am

Iris. I'm sorry for such news about your dog. :( :hug:

Vana, congrats for your new laptop!

I'm not going to try anything with the new computer, but will take it to the shop ASAP and let them solve what's wrong with it; the guarantee is still valid so I won't have to pay anything. And, fortunately, we've also got this old desktop on which I'm at the moment, and which still works properly, but is of course s-l-o-w compared to the new one, as well as the laptop that's just about all the time occupied by the older daughter. :P

On a happier note, I got the desk cleared at work today, and from tomorrow on, I'm off for a week! 8) A few days to sleep in and to take care of some things for which I never have time on workdays... :)

:happydance:
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Silverberry_Spritely » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Basil, don't describe a lady's bandage as bulbous to her face. Ladies don't like anything attached to them as bulbous. ;) Word to the wise. Hope Ms. B is feeling better today!

Scribbles, I love yeast with sugar donuts too! I like the crunch.

Heli, I'm sorry to hear the bad news.

Rowan, oh no! I hope it gets fixed fast.

Evenstar, I agree Mardi Gras is a bit ridiculous.

Vana, hooray for new laptop!

Rose, are you teaching a class or taking one?

Rwhen, in short, D's been in that whole friendzone for a couple years... There was interest, and then I got a boyfriend, and he had a girlfriend, and then we went out again, and it's never gelled.

It's 1 in the afternoon and I'm so tired. I worked all last night. Words to describe dealing with my mother before and after work: Selfish, obnoxious, ugh. Like a reasonable person, I asked the office lady if she was trying to kill me when she called and asked if I'd work two extra hours Friday. (Thank God they don't take it personally and know me; I just brought them cake a couple days ago.)

I have exams coming up in a couple weeks, and I am so not feeling it. It's March 2 I take them, but it sounds so freaking hard. <_< Ugh.
Silverberry_Spritely
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Hello the house!!!!! :yippie: it is almost Friday!!!

rwhen I did not get to sleep in since the van is not running right I had to take Ryan to work, paid a bill and then did some personal shopping for pretties and new things for the garden. Now I am home for a bit.

I did get a doctors appointment for this afternoon about 3:30 so maybe I will get something to help heal up the hives. *crosses fingers and toes** Cant cross the eyes cause I have to drive to Bellingham for the appointment. :D

baslly one please give the mizzes our best!!! I know you are taking great care of her during all of this. :hug:

rowandarlin aren't you the lucky gal, a weeks vacation?? Very cool!!! Enjoy the time hon!!

Sometimes I feel like I need a new mouse pad too..... but....... I just cant bring myself to let go of Legolas for anything else. :D I have had him since 2003 and do not want to replace it as of yet. Course I have not seen anything else I would want either.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby heliona » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Silverberry_Spritely wrote:Heli, I'm sorry to hear the bad news.

Thanks. As I said, it wasn't really a surprise, as she'd been ill for some time. But it's still sad.

Umm, do you mind not calling me "Heli"? I didn't even realise initially you were talking to me as no-one's ever called me that before!

Rowan, good luck with the computer. I hope it gets fixed quickly. Nothing worse than having a computer that doesn't work!

Vana, good luck at the doctor's. I hope you get the correct medication. (And hurray for your shiny new laptop. :D)

Iris, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. :cry2:
heliona

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Thanks heliona!!

Well it is time for me to book out of here for my doc appointment but I promise to post up when I get back about how it goes!!! *crosses fingers*
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby oldtoby » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Vanaladiel wrote:Hey Oldtoby hon!! How you doing tonight hon? :hug:

Hey Toby, how's it going?

I'm fine, nuthin' much going on.

Iris, thats a bummer about your dog :(
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Glad there is no more bad news for you toby dear! :hug:

Well I am back from the doctors and you will never believe this.... he is sending me to a dermatologist. He wont give me anything for the hives and thinks now that a dermatologist is the way to go. He also ran a butt load of blood work AGAIN!! He did this just last October so I do not know what he hopes to find now. :roll: I am rather upset to say the least. He was asking me how long this has been going on now and when I told him 6 months he looked shocked. Hey doc I keep telling you it never went away and that I still have them. Holy cow are these doctors dumb or what?? I am quickly losing my faith in my doctors. So it cost me $30 bucks to go and have him tell me he will do nothing for me. :angry: So now I have an appointment on the 5th of March for this dermatologist. If she can not figure it out without a ton of tests then I quit and will just go off somewhere away from people and die or something. I am so tired and fed up with the hives and the doctors stupid expectations and demands of me. I am not made of money you dumb arses!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:22 pm

And a very late Halllooo da thread!

:lmbo: oldtoby, the 'nuclear wessels' line was pure gold. :thumbsup: Very glad to see your shini-fied self in here. :D

Vana, bummer about the doctor, but as I mentioned somewhere else ;), Dermatologists can prescribe medication as well. Being a specialist in skin might actually be an advantage. Hang in there and hopefully the tests will tell her more than they told the other doctor and she'll be more helpful.

:rose: Iris, that's such sad news about your pup. You have some difficult decisions ahead of you no doubt about it.

I know I have a lot of catching up to do, but right now I'm thinking it would be better to just get on to bed.

Catch y'all in the morning . . . after Amy makes me breakfast, of course. ;)

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive