HELLLLLLLLOOO - The Home Alone Thread

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Happy Amy Day Scribbles darlin!! :hug:

Iris I am sorry to hear of your dogs situation. I do pray that you are at peace with whatever choice you make hon. :hug: I know it is a hard one!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Linteannaiel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:47 am

Hellooooo the thread! :D

Rwhen, sneakers are definitely the way to go! I love the classics. :D I didn't hear back from the computer shop today, so maybe tomorrow.

*imagines a big bunny working on her laptop* Ohh, too funny. :rofl:

Iris, I'm sorry about your dog. :( :hug:

Vana, that's too bad about the doctor. :roll: I hope the dermatologist can solve the problem and prescribe you something that will really help for the hives! :hug:

Scribbles, getting into bed sounds like a good idea.. :zzz: Have a Happy Amy Day! :D

G'night, and have a Happy Friday, everyone else! I don't work tomorrow, so I know I will. ;)
Last edited by Linteannaiel on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:09 am

Happy Amy Day, Scribbles, and hellllloooooo the rest of the house!

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rowanberry » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:25 am

Hellllooooooo! :hihi:

And, good news for a change: Looks like there's nothing wrong with the desktop after all *knocks on wood*. I decided to try if it works after all, before taking it to the shop, and to my surprise, it started up just as usual. So, let's hope that it was just a temporary glitch; but, if it starts acting up again, I'll get it checked. And, at least I got all the latest updates to the old desktop as well.

Vana, hope that the dermatologist will come up with something that helps for the hives. :hug:

My dad was taken into the hospital a couple of days ago; he's got some kidney problems now. I'm going to see him later today, and check that everything is OK in his home.

Hope you're all having a nice Friday! :)
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby rwhen » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:16 am

HHEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Well. Yesterday totally got out of control at work with techs breaking things on jobs and me having to run around and get them back going again. That doesn't happen often. But that is all history, for today is FRIDAY. *does the happy Friday jig* :D May the hours travel swiftly for those working for the weekend and everyone have a lovely two days.
Chilly this morning, but supposed to warm into the upper 50's before getting colder over the weekend and Monday.

Iris, sorry to read about your dog. *sigh* I hate to have pets hurt or be in any sort of pain. Poor dear. Keep us tup to date.

basillllly, how is Msssssy b doing today? I hope she is coming along fabulously!! Have a great weekend.

hamlet, good for you getting out in the sunshine yesterday. LOL, I picture flying keyboards in your office. I am sure it is ALL in good fun. *tosses slippers at hamlet's noggin*. Enjoy the weekend.

Rowan, VERY cool that the new computer started right up again. Hopefully as you say it was just sleepy or something. AND your vacation time has already started. I will think good thought for your father and that the kidney thing is easily cured. :hug:

Silverberry, good luck planning your vacation with "D" then. :D Sounds like you just really need some time away from work and family. I know you will be working this weekend!!! Hang in there.

Vanadarlin' :D :hug: 143!! So very sorry that I wasn't able to get back and have a bit of posting fun yesterday. Miss you. And also that the Dr. wouldn't give you meds for the hives. :( What is up with that? Maybe you could find a new Leggie mouse pad. :D

heliona, are you off of your round of work now? And able to go to the funeral? All best to family during this time. :hug:

oldtoby, I am closer to moving downstairs where I live now. Are you happier since you moved? I am concerned about people upstairs tromping about at all hours.

Scribbles, by the time you read this, I hope you had a lovely Amy morning and are comfortably swilling a vat of rich coffee. Sliding time has begun, may it be smooth and painless. Enjoy the weekend. See you back after.

Lin, maybe today you will get the call on the laptop!!! Let us hope. Bunnies are known for their swift erm...actions. :D Enjoy the day off today and also the weekend. :D

CR, are you getting used to that new computer now? Loving it? :D

Rosie lass? Enjoy the weekend.

SHOUT OUTS: vison, Calma, Tooks, Frelga lady, Imi friend, P darlin' J, portia, Morwenna, Karlina, Tarina, Leoba, Renowen, Drieske, Jae, Bardy, Windy, rosenchanted, High Druid, DUBSIES, RUNZIES, Gollum Girl, Lewie, Parm, Guru, Hamfast, JonnySnitzel, Crucifer, Bilbo25, frodolives, Alasse,lenne and Gladhaniel.

:hihi:

and

:hihi:
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:20 am

Vana: I think your doctor is on the right track. His specialty is Rhumatological (is that a word?) diseases and so when he's tried what he's tried and it didn't work, that means that he's reached the end of his knowledge. A dermatologist might be able to find the cause and I don't think it was a waste to rule things out first. When I was having that bizarre problem I was having over a year ago (I don't want to get into it here, but anyone who wants a memory refresh can PM me. :) ) I wanted them to eliminate other possibilities first, even though it meant tons of tests first.

But I get your frustration, believe me. :hug:

Thanks for the condolences, everyone. We've got a consultation next Friday when they take her stitches out and we'll make decisions from there, but at the moment Mom is saying she doesn't want to do chemotherapy and I'm inclined to agree. If there were a better chance than 50% I'd say go for it, but it seems they know so little about the disease that I don't want to put her through more misery than necessary.

On another note, I may post tomorrow and then I may not. If so, I'll be AWOL until Wednesday...going on a trip. :)

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:44 am

And a lovely Friday HAAALLLLOOOOOOO da thread!! :D

Aaaahhhhhh, yes indeedly doodlie . . . another Amy Day breakfast come and gone (far too fast). *sigh* Ah well, gives me something to look forward to for next week, LOL. And yes mom, I AM slurping down my second pail of Amy's most Excellent Joe and loving it. ;) And I passed on hello's and howdies (and enjoyed how it makes Amy giggle). :)

Thanks everyone for the Happy Amy Day wishes. I truly wish that y'all could experience one with me at least once in life. :D

Iris, chemo is hard on the pup (my friends had a Malamut with cancer and they tried everything under the sun to save her, but alas, it only held off the inevitable for a time . . . ) as is surgery. I know this is difficult, which shows how much you love your dog. I'll have you folks in my prayers. :)

Not much happening here . . . it's busy at work and that's good for making the day go fast.

But there IS snow in the land of the Scribe!! :D:D:D We got about 2 cm of lovely, light fluffy stuff overnight and they're predicting MUCH more to come by Saturday evening. 10-15 cm of "much more", LOLOL, apparently there's a huge Pacific system coming over the mountains from BC . . . Of course, that means a Snowfall Advisory since that much snow that fast usually results in nasssssty roads and driving conditions for a day or so, but it'll be the weekend so . . . I can stand being cosied up in the house with hot tea and watching the snow fall. :) By Sunday the sanding trucks and bladers will have taken care of things for the driving folks, at least one can hope. Me? I'll be out back along the river valley, setting a nice ski track. *rubs hands with glee* :D:D:D

After the inevitable shovelling, of course. :P

Hope everyone who's working has a grand, easy day of it, and for those of you on holidays *cough*rowanberry*cough* :D or on days off, may the time go by as slowly as you desire.

:hihi: Later (maybe).

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Silverberry_Spritely » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:24 am

Scribbles, sounds like a good day so far! Enjoy that snow.

Iris, so sorry to hear the news. I don't blame you for your decision.

Rwhen, TGIF, huh? ;)

Rowan, sorry to hear about your dad. :( I hope he feels better soon.

Linny, you are welcome to fill in for me Saturday.

Vana, I tend to agree with derma over allergist. Having been previously uninsured, sometimes you just need to be blunt with doctors about money. When I had a tumor removed for emergency surgery, I refused to get a CT scan. I already had an ultrasound; we already knew it had to come out the next day. You need treatment, no doubt. Expensive tests won't necessarily help; take everything with a grain of salt.

Heliona, I certainly don't mind, and I apologize.

In other news, I think I vaguely understand the new schedule. Every other weekend, I work 24+ hours straight. The rest of my schedule is Monday through Wednesday, and every other weekend is off. This doesn't start until the 10th. In a way, I kind of get frustrated having a job where they can't give me a consistent schedule; I flip back and forth between days and nights. On the 24+ hour weekend, I get off at 7PM, drive my notes and paperwork to the office, stuff it in a box, drive home, and sleep until 5AM, so I can be back at work by 7AM.

Now, the flip side, the money is good and I'm able to save a lot. Can't blow it if you're never home/working/studying. And because of the schedule change, I should have a long time off, around my birthday, no less!

My birthday plans are pretty simple: I have some exams that Friday, and I'll treat myself to sushi. Next Tuesday evening, going out with a friend. I need to get out of town for a bit (to do something other than school).
Silverberry_Spritely
Shield Bearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:55 pm

rwhen - Let's try for Saturday the 17th, if you're free. I have a show that day, but call isn't until 5:00. Otherwise it'll have to be sometime after that. I have Saturday rehearsals until the show. :P

And my next adventure was just heading off to church. Calling it an adventure made it sound more exciting than it actually was. :rofl:

Happy Friday everybody! 8)
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:27 pm

oldtoby, I am closer to moving downstairs where I live now. Are you happier since you moved? I am concerned about people upstairs tromping about at all hours.

Well i was happy where i was before, that wasnt why i got the new lower down apartment. but its nice..lower rent and all. Occasionally the person(s) above me start banging about but not often. so its a partial improvement.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby basil » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:08 pm

tobitude!

Scribbles is a Snow Bunny, dahhhh dah dah dahhhhh dah!

BTW, if you know and want to run with it, do you know who Sally Pipes is?

Iris, cancer is hard on animals and their owners, very expensive to treat and for most of us the decision is to make the pet as comfortable and as loved as possible before the end. We've had a couple of cats end that way.

The dogs we've had lived a typical life.

wrennie, miz b is doing OK, kinda odd though with 2 different eyesights. Next surgery is the last day of the month. Molly's fine too IYWTK. Enjoy your all too short weekend. :)

Vana, I hear you about doctors. It's like being in a pinball machine where you leave a pile of money behind at each hit.

Silverberry, I suppose you're right about the bandage, but that is how it looked, and she had it on only the day and night after her surgery. I am surprised, however, at all the anti-biotics she is asked to take. Pill- and eyedrop-form before surgery and also during surgery more anti-biotic eyedrops. The bugs these days must be super tough ( I know they are and I know why too ) or it's to protect the medical industry.

b
basil
Mariner

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Yep, I am really enjoying my new computer. And I'm glad you've had such a wonderful Amy Day, Scribbles!

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Dubatuluk » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Well, The Rohan Man got his tooth out and is doing swimmingly. no pain whatsoever! WOO!
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Linteannaiel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:01 pm

I got my laptop back today! The computer shop called this morning, and I went in and picked it up (and paid the $150 for it.. ;) :P) this afternoon. It's such a good feeling to have it back! The new fan is great, there's no more noise, and they even cleaned my laptop for me, so it's shiny and looks brand new again. It's also amazing how much better the graphics are on my laptop, when compared with Genny's.. and my laptop has a slightly larger screen, too. It almost feels like I have a new laptop.. I love it. :D

Rowan, that's great news about your computer! Sorry to hear your dad has kidney problems, hopefully it isn't anything too serious. :hug:

Rwhen, today was the day! The bunnies were very swift, indeed. ;) Have a great weekend! :D

Iris, I know that must be a very difficult decision to make for your dog. Either way, I hope everything turns out for the best. :hug: Have fun on your trip! :)

Scribbles, that's awesome about the snow! Let us know if and when you do go skiing! :D

Silver, I think I'll pass on that offer.. I wouldn't want your job, and I work on Saturday, anyway. :P Your schedule sounds exhausting, but you seem to have it figured out. My schedule is very consistent now, but they never give me enough hours. :roll:

Dubs, glad your hubby is doing well after getting his tooth out! :D

Have a great weekend everyone! :hihi:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:19 am

That's great! And I noticed my new computer is alot quieter than the old one. I had to listen closely to find out the fan is running.

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:34 am

<yawn>

What? No coffee ready???

Ok ok. I'll make it......

*makes coffee...sits to wait for it to brew....*

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Christmas is coming!!!!

--------------------------------------
(for Calma)
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby rowanberry » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:37 am

*grabs a cup of coffee*

Silence really is a big plus point for new computers.

How I'm enjoying that I don't have to go anywhere today... 8)

Dad was doing OK, but seemed rather tired. So, I think that they'll keep him there for a while. In a way, it makes my life a bit easier to know that he's under constant surveillance, and is sure to get everything he needs. And, finally, I could sort a part of my mom's wardrobe and throw away some useless old rags; in time, I'll see if there's anything I could use myself, and give the rest to charity.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry

Postby Silverberry_Spritely » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:36 am

Rowan, no more Hum of Death? :D If I remember right, your dad has Alzheimer's. It must be a relief to have him in the hospital. He's getting home health, right? A friend of my dad's has moderate Alzheimer's, and he's pretty much got 24/7 nursing. He's somewhat of a lady's man, so he's thrilled when one pretty little 30 year old leaves, she's replaced by a pretty 25 year old. :D

Tookish, I HATE waiting for coffee. Thanks for getting on that! ;)

CR, yeah, the old fans can be dreadful! Like I said to Rowan, it's the Hum of Death.

Linny, your post confirms the computer crisis of TORC is over! That would irritate me over hours. If you worked where I work, you would never want for hours. :D IMHO, there's nothing better than a clean computer, BTW. Every time I deep clean mine, it really does feel new.

Dub, I'm glad your Rohan man is feeling better! Question: You call him the Rohan man; does he like horses, or is he just ruggedly handsome like the men of the Rohirrim? :D

Basil, you're a good guy. Yeah, staph is terrible, so they kind of go nuts on the antibiotics. I was so surprised when my mom had hip surgery that she got IV antibiotics for less than 24 hours.

Toby, I hope your neighbor becomes more quiet.

Evenstar, happy belated Friday.

Last night was pretty good, all things considered. My little patient is feeling better. I figured last night, since she's 11, and she was a little irritable and not interested in music, reading any of her books, or watching a movie, I'd read FotR with her since I had it in my bag. (She can speak, but coordination because of her condition means we maybe get a phrase or word once a month.) She seemed to like it.

My mom is actually walking around the house! I'm so pleased. I thought she was never going to start walking anywhere but the bathroom and kitchen, so this is very welcome.
Silverberry_Spritely
Shield Bearer

Postby rowanberry » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:12 am

That's right, Silvereberry, my dad has Alzheimer's. It isn't too bad yet, but he just doesn't realize his own condition. He is getting home health, a nurse visits him thrice a day, and he gets a warm lunch from a catering service daily. But, I have to take care of all the practical things like grocery shopping and paying his bills; and, if we hadn't confiscated his car, he wouldn't remember that the doctors have forbidden him to drive. :( Could be that we'll have to start looking for a place of assisted living for him, a project that was put aside after my mom died and it wasn't so urgent any longer.

But, I'm glad that your mom is up and walking! :)
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Silverberry_Spritely wrote:Evenstar, happy belated Friday.

Happy early Sunday! :D

Quiet computers are a good thing. My boss' computer always sounds like it's a rocket about to launch. :roll:

Not her fault, but lame that corporate can't give her at least a halfway decent computer.
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Dubatuluk » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Silverberry_Spritely wrote:Dub, I'm glad your Rohan man is feeling better! Question: You call him the Rohan man; does he like horses, or is he just ruggedly handsome like the men of the Rohirrim? :D

The latter, he's got long blonde hair and a ruddy beard. I'm afraid the horses he rides have two wheels and an engine. :P

Have a great Saturday y'all! I'll catch up after work, I wasted my morning over cocoa. :D
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:04 pm

A morning with cocoa is never wasted. :D
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Hamfast Gamgee » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi, all! Hope people are fine, sorry to hear about computer woes still, but you seem to be sorting things out. I am still treading carefully around my new Ipod but I still have the old Computer for the time been. Strange, the weather here has gone from the depths of winter to spring in less than a month. A month ago I was wearing Coats, Hats, Gloves, Jumpers, Scarfs, yet day by day I have taken a layer off! It'll be summer soon!
Hamfast Gamgee
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:37 am

CR it sounds like we may have gotten the same model of computer from Dell. I am really liking mine too!!

Lin I am glad you got your comp back. I am lost when I don't have a computer to play on.

Hamfast you are lucky! We have had a very mild winter but the last week it has thrown just about everything at us. First torrential rains and flooding, now the cold and possible snow. I am so ready for Spring,

Oh wait! That is what Spring is around here, lots of rain!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:48 am

Did TORC go down for a while? I couldn't get in. And I got no notifications.

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:51 am

Yes it was down for maintenance! I could not get on either for quite a while.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Silverberry_Spritely » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:20 am

Rowan, I'm wondering if since your dad's homebound, if he wouldn't qualify for a homemaker aide or CNA to do the shopping/taking to the doc's to let you spend quality time? A friend of mine who is a nurse now used to sit with an Alzheimer's patient, who like your dad, was pretty healthy/mobile, but wasn't really aware of her limitations. I believe she worked three 12 hour days originally and ended up working six days a week. (She's almost as greedy as I am, and she loved this patient, so she didn't mind.) You sound like a great daughter. He's a very lucky man. :)

Hamfast, it won't be summer soon enough!

Dub, what kind of bike has he got?

Evenstar, it amazes me how cheap companies can be about stuff like that. It would actually be cheaper for our company to convert to electronic charting, but it's not technology friendly. Oh well. I don't think our secretaries have computers, even.

Well, I got a speeding ticket in the mail; thankfully I picked some extra hours up this way. Stupid sneaky cameras. I was going 51 in a 40 area. I NEVER speed. (Ask my mom. My 62 year old mom says I drive too slow. I swear.) I was driving her home that day because she wanted me to hurry up. I don't blame her. It's just $50 and it won't increase my insurance. (Thank God the good driver's discount only applies to accidents.)

Good night at work, but right now I'm so beat.
Silverberry_Spritely
Shield Bearer

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:53 pm

TORC was down late last night. I was on and when I changed a page, I suddenly got a "404 Server not Found" error. *shrugs* Maybe it was down for maintenance or database backup or something of the sort. :)

Hamfast Gamgee wrote:A month ago I was wearing Coats, Hats, Gloves, Jumpers, Scarfs, yet day by day I have taken a layer off! It'll be summer soon!

Hey Hamfast! Good to see you again . . . and glad summer is on it's way for you . . . 'cause it sure ain't here! ;)

Yes, the Big Storm happened. We actually have snow, finally. It started snowing around midnight Friday night and didn't stop until about 2 am this morning. The roads are a mess but the good part is, I have enough snow out in the park out back now for skiing. Huzzah!! :)

So today I spent three and a half hours cutting, setting and grooming a nice ski track for myself. :D Bad part is, I hurt already which means tomorrow and more importantly Tuesday, I'll be one hurtin' unit. But that's okay. I'll ski the pain and stiffness off after Wednesday . . . :P:D

But for now, it's a looooong soak in a hot bath. :P

:D:D:D
Last edited by SilverScribe on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Dubatuluk » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Silver, it's an '83 Yamaha Virago. He had to sit next to me and spell it. :P

Scribbles, AWESOME!!! Glad you finally got your ski weather. :D Yes, you will be sore, but oh the fun you'll have.

Loooooooooong day. Didn't get much sleep last night. My stupid cold is hanging on in the form of a drippy nose that causes lots of itchy/coughy throat stuff. Need to find where my neti pot wandered off to and see if I can squish this for good. (Tried to say "for goose" that means I need bed LOL :P )

G'night all

:zzz:
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Linteannaiel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:52 am

Hellooooo again! ;) :D

TORC did go down for maintenance last night.. I normally try to get on after work, but I couldn't get on all night. I got the "404 Server Not Found" error too, and I did freak out for a moment, but then I checked the homepage and it said it was down for maintenance, and I was relieved. ;) :P

CR, I have to listen closely to hear the fan on my laptop as well. It's nice and quiet now. :D

Silver, I sure hope so! The last thing we need here on TORC is more computer problems. Yeah, the situation with my hours definitely irritates me. I need to get a second job, or a better job with more hours. :roll: Clean computers are the best, and mine always feels new after I clean it. It wasn't very dirty when I took it to the shop, but it did look like new when I got it back. I think it's lovely that you're reading FOTR to your patient.. what a great idea. :D

Thanks Vana, I'm glad I got it back too! I would've gone crazy if Genny hadn't lent me her laptop. She's awesome. 8) :D

Scribbles, HOORAY for the snow! Have fun when you go skiing! :D

Not much is new here.. I had the day off, I have tomorrow off too, and then it's back to work on Tuesday. I'm going to enjoy it while I can. ;)

Hope everyone has a great Monday, whether you're working or not! Toodles! :hihi:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive