HELLLLLLLLOOO - The Home Alone Thread

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby rwhen » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:34 am

HHHEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Monday again and for the gozillionth time, what the heck happened to the time. Goes so fast. Very very chilly out there this moring ... 28 at work and frosty. But we are supposed to have some sun again today. Also I really noticed a difference in how light it is coming in now. The days are getting longers. I enjoyed the time at the Asian festival and spending a few hours with the great niece.

Other news. :roll: My seat belt is stuck and won't come out. That was the surprise of this morning. I have to have a tech look at it and see if he can get it down again. It felt really odd driving without my seat belt. :(

Last, on my desk this morning was a printed email telling me to secure concert tickets for Kansas playing with the Pacific University Philharmonic in April. I love Kansas, should be a great concert.

Iris, you are gone on your trip now. Where did you go? Anything fun? Still thinking happy thoughts for your doggie. Good choice to not do the Chemo. Home safe.

Scribbles. YAY. Finally you got enough snow for a good ski track. Now you have worn yourself to the bone. Do you need some assistance getting about? Good for you, but take it easy. Excellent that you had a lovely Amy day and probably got all the rest of the errands for Friday that you needed done as well.

Silverberry, yes it was good that it was Friday, but then the all too short weekend. Very good to read two things...1. Your mother is getting more mobile and your little patient is doing better. Time to relax a bit, get in your own place and enjoy some peace. YIKES sorry for the ticket, those dang cameras have caught our techs several times now. :whistle: Good luck with your study for the exams and I could never work 24 hours straight. Maybe many moons ago, but not now.

Imi, I will mark the calendar for the 17th of March. Noon? Does that sound good? Adventures are adventures. Some days it is an adventure just to get up and do something on the weekend. :D Can't wait to see you again. :hug:

oldtoby, thanks for the information. Mine won't be less money, just easier for me to get in and out of. The stairs are becoming quite the challenge, especially when I have just been grocery shopping. On Friday I actually paid two young fellows to haul my bags up to the landing. :roll:

basilllly one. Very glad that Mizzzzzy b is feeling better and all best for the next part of the eye surgery. Ah good to know that Molly is well. Was there a problem that I missed with the kitteh? Hope you had a good weekend in the BotB!! (you are still there right?)

Hello CR. How was the weekend? Very happy to read that you love the new computer. And that it is very quiet. My new one is too. Slick. :D

DUBSIES, glad you are feeling better now and enjoyed some cocoa. AND that the Rohan man had that pesky extraction finally. Now he can enjoy little things like....eating? :D How is the Princess? Work? The peanut?

Lin, YAY you got it back again, finally. It is interesting to work on another computer for a bit and then see the large differences when you get yours back again. Glad yours is for the better. ;) Tho we are thrilled that Genny was able to come through when you needed it. Enjoy the day off today. :D

*takes a big wiff* Tooks thanks for getting the coffee going. :D *pours a cuppa* Virtual coffee is great. Hope your weekend was grand.

Rowan, hey you are on vacation now. Enjoy the week off. On your father, maybe assisted living would be the way to go for him. It would give you a peace of mind to know that he is looked after all the time, so you don't have to worry for that. I know that these decisions are hard to make. :hug: Did you find anything of your mothers that you wanted to keep?

Hamfast, very good to hear from you again. Our winter has been the same, all over the place - but for the most part much milder than normal. It started out mild, then got really cold, then it has just been mild and raining. Today very cold. Have fun whatever you are into these days. :D

Vanadarlin', :hug: 143. You are off today. Is it just a random day off that you got two in a row? YAY, that doesn't happen too often. Also glad to read that the hives are a tiny bit better. Look for you after a sleep in if you get to. I am not sure if the other vehicle is working yet or you had to get up to get Guru into work. :D

Rosie lass? How are you? How was the weekend? Miss you.

Okay....SHOUT OUTS: vison, Calma, Frelga lady, portia, P darlin' J, Leoba, Renowen, Gollum Girl, RUNZIES, Morwenna, Karlina, Tarina, Drieske, heliona, Jae, Bardy, Windy, rosenchanted, HighDruid, Parm, Guru, Lewie, hamlet, JonnySnitzel, Crucifer, Bilbo25, frodolives, Alasse, lenne and Gladhaniel.

Past 7:30am and I need to get me arse in gear now.

:hihi:

and

:hihi:

Edited to add: Very glad that the maintenance was done, the site is moving much faster than it has been for weeks now. :D Thank you Jonathan!!
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:20 am

saunters in, sets her skis and poles aside and plunks down by the fire . . .

Didn't know you had a fireplace, didya? :P Well, ya do now. :D

A fast drive-by HALLLOOOOOOO da thread!

I did a quick catch up but there's just too much going on to comment on each and every thing. However, I am glad to read miz b is recovering and will soon have her other eye looked after, happy to hear both Silverberry's "patients" are doing better (and bless you for your care and patience), and that everyone else is cruisin' along with work and also upcoming plans for fun and relaxation. :)

It's Monday with a vengeance here, after a "combo" kind of weekend. A mix of fun, frolic, some challenges and yes, skiing. At last. Now you won't have to hear me whine and whinge about no snow, LOL. We got slammed with 20 cm in 24 hours, which has made our city crews and drivers cranky, but I'm happy snappy. ;) I'm not as stiff or sore as I expected so I'll be looking to have a ski every single evening this week.

As rwhen mentioned, the days are definitely longer. It's light when I walk to the bus now, and light enough for long enough when I get home to get at least two circuits on the ski track. Life is good.

Have a great day everyone!

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:27 am

From the first MoST: Captain Kirk's Kissing Booth.

:D
--------------------------------------
(for Calma) :(
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby rowanberry » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:05 am

Hellloooooo! :)

On most Mondays, I'd feel just like that song, but not today. :D

I've enjoyed having a day just for running a few errands and then relaxing. Had pizza for lunch, which means that I'll hardly need anything to eat this evening. :D

Yay for Scribbles getting to ski at last! 8) That's what the hubby and daughter were doing today as well, and I should have joined them, if I hadn't had a scheduled appointment and a couple of other things to do.

Rwhen, probably the stuck seat belt is easy to fix, but it's an annoyance anyway. Drive even more carefully than usual now! :hug:

I managed to look through one closet and sort my mom's belongings. There were still a few rags that went straight into the garbage bin, and some things and pieces of clothing for which I or the girls could find some use. But, my mom's style and colour scale were so different from mine - she favoured a classical, ladylike style and earthy colours, whereas my style is rather sporty and colours much brighter - so, most of her old clothes went to charity. There's still another closet or two to go through.

Hope everybody's having a nice, or at least, a tolerable Monday! :hug:
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:14 am

Hello the house...

It is Monday and yes I have it off. I wouldn't say I got two off in a row though since I had to go to work last night for a meeting for about 2 hours. Yes I got paid to sit around and eat pizza but it was fun as well. We got to learn the new direction the company is moving in and I am rather excited about it. They announced who the new Assistant Manager and Assistant Operations Manager and Freight Crew Manager are. I was very pleased with their choices. I think the guys are too!!!

Now this week or next they should be doing interviews for the position I applied for. I can't wait, I know I have the most experience and am the more reliable but I have no idea if they will decided on something or someone else. All I can do is ask for your continued prayers on this.

Scribbles I am thrilled that you are thrilled about your snow fall and new cross country ski track. Use it well my friend and DO NOT FALL AND HURT THAT WRIST AGAIN!!! We don't want any casts this year!!!

Lin nothing beats having your own computer back. It just isn't the same to use someone elses even though it keeps us from going crazy. Glad you got it back hon!!

Rowan I am jealous that you have a week off but it sounds like you have a good use for it and that it might not be a fun week after all but a necessary one. Good Luck hon, I know that it can be hard. :hug:

Glad to hear that mizzy b is doing better, now onto the next eye and getting this whole thing behind her. I do hope that it makes things a lot better for her. :hug: to my basilly one!!

Sorry if I did not mention you all by name.... so much to read and take in and respond to. I am thinking of you all though. Have a great week one and all!!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby oldtoby » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:16 am

oldtoby, thanks for the information. Mine won't be less money, just easier for me to get in and out of. The stairs are becoming quite the challenge

That was the main reason i did as well.

Not for me.

For my Mom who has bad knees, even though she will only be visiting rarely.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:47 am

Checking in while I can. I hear the boss is rumbling about, so he will be here and in my face shortly. :D

Scribbles, I didn't know we had a fireplace, but I like it very much. Maybe we should all join you on the virtual track? Are there enough skis? Good that you aren't as stiff or sore as you could have been. I like the longer days myself. I can actually see inside the car when driving to work now. :D I hope they get the mess of the snow cleared up for your ride home. Does it look like your track will be there to stay for a bit?

Tooks, one of my favorite songs by them. Then I am a huge M&P's fan. :D

Rowan, continue to enjoy the holiday this week and just do things that make you feel good. :D I hear you on the Mom's clothing. My mother was 4'11", 6" shorter than myself and was very top heavy if you get my drift. So while I might have liked some of her clothing, I didn't take anything and most got given to charity.

Vanadarlin' :hug: Good to see you my dear one. AND with a day off. I am going to be putting all hopes and prayers for your promotion. Very good news that the folks that were moved up were good choices for you. :D They won't find any one better than you to do that job. :D :hug:

oldtoby, for me it is that I have to hold the hand rail to assist myself up the steps. When I have groceries, it is too much on my legs, I can only take a bag or two at a time. Then that turns into five trips up and down. Wobbly legs. *nods* Glad you are downstairs for your mother and her knees with thank you.

Okay, must hit it again. Later.
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Silverberry_Spritely » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Rwhen, don't you hate that when you know your boss' presence is imminent? D:

Vana, ^5 for Mondays off. Good luck getting that position!

Rowan, that's nice of you to donate the clothes. It's amazing how much clothing we accumulate.

Scribbles, yay for skiing! That sounds great.

Linny, enjoy your days off!

Dub, I hope you're booger free soon!

Took Mom to the doc's. Her blood is STILL thick. Tomorrow we go back to her surgeon's, Wednesday I study, Thursday back to her GP, and Friday, test.

Went into the office and told my boss I want full time with benefits. I end up working those hours anyway, but it has to be on paper to be "official." If a nurse quits at one house, I can swoop in and work a 17 hour shift on Saturday and an 18 hour shift on Sunday. (Full time at my job is 35 hours a week.) I'm not a five day work week girl. I'm a get-it-done-in-three-or-less girl. ;)

I'm seriously so tired after doing... well... nothing. Did some grocery shopping, and while I like helping Mom get out, it's more tiring to pack up the walker, drive her to the door, drive around to a parking spot, get her seated, take all the stuff out and unload it, bring the car up, get her, etc. I could probably go to sleep right now. Probably doesn't help I spent the weekend lifting 95 lbs. over and over.

Dad's not feeling well, either. I'm going to try to sleep a couple hours before making dinner and feeding the animals since he's probably not up to it. Things are getting back on track, and I figure after I finally get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep, I'll feel normal.
Last edited by Silverberry_Spritely on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverberry_Spritely
Shield Bearer

Postby basil » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:31 pm

Silverberry_Spritely wrote:Basil, you're a good guy.

Well then, there's at least 2 I know of who think that, including yours truly. :wink:

Good to hear about your mom, walking is good.

bye the bye, basil be little b, a proud member of the Union of Uncapitalized Usernames, AKA ooo, ooo, ooo :)

wrennie wrote:basilllly one. Very glad that Mizzzzzy b is feeling better and all best for the next part of the eye surgery. Ah good to know that Molly is well. Was there a problem that I missed with the kitteh?

She's doing fine, though worried about her eyesight. And I'm doing a slow burn, a la Vana Darlin. No problemo with kittio, just normal kittitude.

Hope you had a good weekend in the BotB!!

I do have material for stories but discretion reigns supreme.

Planning a shindie for St. Pat's? Good for you 2! :)

b
Last edited by basil on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basil
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:53 pm

My kitteh is proving to be an excellent mouser!! Um.... problem is she is only an indoor cat... do you see the problem? Yes we have mice or voles getting in the last few days and she is grand at catching them. She brought me on just a little while ago and when she dropped it, it ran. She immediately went after it. I had to kill it though. YUCK!!! We will have to figure out how they are getting in and close it off. I do not want critters uninvited in my home. EWWWW!!! I guess this is the one draw back to living in the country!!

China is being a good kitteh though for her mommy!!! :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby heliona » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Well, at least China is keeping on top of them until you can find their entrance. :) Good luck!

Today I accepted the unconditional offer I'd received from the university. :shock: So it's official: in October I'm going back to university! :bookworm:

I haven't told my work yet and after all the pestering that I've been receiving about when I'm leaving, I'm not going to give my notice of resignation until I absolutely have to (which I think will be the middle-to-end of August). Phew! :D
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:18 pm

That sounds best heliona. I once had a job that I notified the bosses who were friends that I was going to be moving so they replaced me before I was anywhere near ready for the move. Next time I wont say anything till I give my two week notice.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby heliona » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Yeah, they won't be able to replace me until I actually officially resign, but they do seem to be pushing everyone for their plans. They seem determined to get us all leaving as soon as possible for some reason. Frankly, I'll be glad to be out of it! :D

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby basil » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:32 pm

That sounds hard, heliona. I have the impression that you liked the work.

Now that you'll be a student again, are you feeling a bit younger?

b
basil
Mariner

Postby heliona » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:43 pm

I did once like the work. We haven't had that much recently, to be honest. And it didn't stretch my intellect (I'm sure that sounds really pretentious, but I don't mean it to be!) - sometimes it was really rather dull! :D And for the past year and a half to two years there's been so much nonsense going on with management and higher up and reorganising that it has tainted the whole thing. I never intended to be in this job forever anyway, so I guess it's just the kick in the rear-end that I needed! ;)

As for feeling younger - hardly! I'm going to be taking classes with final year undergraduate students who are going to be ten years younger than me. I'll feel older than ever! :D;)

heliona

Postby basil » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:44 pm

dammit, I'm trying to get a series of "basils in a row" on the TAT page, but I keep getting chopped up!

:twisted:

b
basil
Mariner

Postby basil » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:51 pm

heliona wrote: And it didn't stretch my intellect (I'm sure that sounds really pretentious, but I don't mean it to be!) - sometimes it was really rather dull!

I really know what you mean, I feel the same way while at the BotB. Though after my teaching career abruptly came to a halt, it is a bit of relief not to have my intellect stretched after I stretched and stretched intellectually for little or nothing in the classroom.

There were many exceptions over the years, but most of it was just "fly-over".

As for feeling younger - hardly! I'm going to be taking classes with final year undergraduate students who are going to be ten years younger than me. I'll feel older than ever!

OK, so we're just 2 old fogeys reminiscing now. What are the terms for a man's old lady and for a woman's old man where you're at?

Any difference in idiom?

Can you tell I'm a bit bored? :rofl:

b
basil
Mariner

Postby heliona » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:02 pm

basil wrote:OK, so we're just 2 old fogeys reminiscing now. What are the terms for a man's old lady and for a woman's old man where you're at?

Any difference in idiom?

Can you tell I'm a bit bored? :rofl:

b

Now you got me. My brain's gone blank and I can't think of any terms (apart "my old man" and "she who must be obeyed" or "her indoors") - guess that doesn't look good for studying! :lol:

heliona

Postby basil » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:16 pm

OK then, howbout a b for effort?

I'm off to do other things, everybuddy . . . . . cu l8tr. :wink:

b
basil
Mariner

Postby heliona » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:18 pm

Enjoy!! :hihi: :)

I'll take a B (sorry, a b ;)) for effort any day of the week, thank you. :D

heliona

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:18 pm

I hope everyone has a great day!! China and I are going to go enjoy a movie on the tv. Will be back later! :hug:

rwhen darlin have a great evening hon!! I hope they did not run you too ragged today!! I also hope they get your seat belt situation straightened out. :hug: 143 :rose:

Scribbles have a great evening run on your track in the snow. :hug:

Calma we missed you today!!! :hug:

Iris you too, but I guess you are working hard. :hug:

Also to everyone else, have a great afternoon, evening and night!! :grouphug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:46 pm

I must say that this here thread moves at warp speed.... especially when basil is visiting....

;)

From the first MoST: Captain Kirk's Kissing Booth.

--------------------------------------
(for Calma) :(
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Frelga » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Oh, oops :oops:
Last edited by Frelga on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Frelga » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:29 pm

Heliona, congratulations on being accepted! Good luck with the new adventure! :rose: And I so hear you on management messing up what was a satisfying job. 

Rwhen, definitely a strange feeling, driving without a belt! Hubby once got a ride with a Brazilian driver, who took offense when hubby fastened the seat belt. As if it implied that he was not a good driver. It's the law, buddy, nothing personal! :D

Scribbles, glad to hear you finally got your skiing in. :)

Rowan, I'm sure it's not a pleasant task, to give or throw away your mom's things. It's great that you are able to bless others with some of her stuff. 

Vanadarlin, good luck with your application! :rose:

Toby, we are in the same boat. There are some houses we are not even looking at, because ILs would never manage dozens of stone steps when they visit. 

Silverberry, hope they figure out your mom's meds. Glad to hear she is getting about, with your help.  And your day of doing nothing sounds quite exhausting to me. 

Tooks, basilly, Calma, and all, :hihi:

We went up to the mountains for a skiing trip. Well, the boys skied, I snowshoed. We had to climb pretty high to reach the snow. Very strange to see dirt and grass where usually there are mounds of snow this time of year. 
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Teltasarewen » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi everyone! :hihi:

Well here goes. Not sure that anyone will remember me for it has been a good many...well let's just say a very long time since I last stepped into TORC. :Q

At one point I wasn' t sure that I would come here but I have been peeking in from time to time and it is good to see that there are still some familiar faces around.

With a little encouragement from Vana (thanks dear) I have ventured forth to see what happens here within these friendly walls.

As I was saying it's good to see many familiar and friendly people. I've missed you all. Hugs to all. :grouphug:

And if it is okay I'd like to come back again and visit.
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:18 pm

Hello all. I t don't really have the time or energy to reply.. but I have caught up hearing about all of your doings.

rwhennie.. you'd better get that seat belt fixed! You certainly don't need a fine.. they are pretty steep. I've had good luck with looking up how to fix things on YouTube. You could give it a try... just check 'how to fix a stuck seat belt'. The Asian festival sounds fun.

Scribbles.. you got enough snow to ski? We got about 6" the other day.. the biggest snowfall yet this year.

Vana, good luck with the job and yay! for China.

hey basilly.. bicycle weather soon? I hope Miz b's eyes are doing well

Frelga, where did you go snow-shoeing? I always thought that'd be fun.

heliona!! HUZZAH!! for you! I wouldn't give your current employer any more notice than you have to with all you've had to put up with in the last year. I hope this is a good move for you. :)

rowanberry, enjoy your week off.

I'm just taking my computer classes.. I learned how to use my ipod touch. I've also got a short trip concerning relatives coming up that I am not looking forward to.

Hello's to everyone else :hihi:
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:25 am

TELTA!!!!!! :hug: I cant believe you finally came back!!!!! I have missed you so much hon!!! So much has happened since you were here last!!! :yippie: It is so good to see you again darlin!!!

Hey guys look who came home finally!!! It is Telta!!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Linteannaiel » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:45 am

Hellooooo all! :hihi:

Rwhen, it was interesting to work on another computer for a while, but I'm very happy to have mine back. :D Glad you had a good time at the Asian festival, and good luck with the seat belt.. that would be a bit scary to drive without one. Sounds like it's freezing cold where you are.. stay warm! :hug:

Scribbles, glad you're finally skiing! Don't forget to relax, okay? ;) :D

Vana, thanks, and I agree.. there's nothing like having your own computer. How are you liking your new laptop, by the way? I'm glad you had fun at the meeting (pizza is always good!) and like the choices for the new managers. I'm keeping you in my prayers for the position! :hug:

Hehe, glad China is catching those mice and/or voles for you.. what a good kitteh. :D We don't have that problem, so I'm not sure what Annette would do if she saw a mouse. She always makes a funny yipping noise whenever she sees a bug. ;) :P

Heliona, congrats on being accepted to university! :D Good plan not to give your resignation until you have to.. I'm not telling my manager anything until I give my two weeks' notice, even though I know I'll be moving sometime in May. There are five girls in the copy center, aside from myself and the head of the copy center, and I don't have enough hours as it is.. if I told him in advance, that would spell disaster for me. :shock:

Telta, welcome back! :hihi: I can't remember if we've posted together in the past, but your username looks familiar, so I know I've seen you around. Hope you decide to stay, it's always nice to see oldbies coming back to TORC. :D

Rose, it's good to see you! :hug: Good luck with your upcoming trip.. relatives can be difficult to deal with sometimes. :roll:

I slept in quite late today, and had a pretty uneventful day, aside from going grocery shopping. It's back to work for me tomorrow, and I work at 11:00 am, so I think I'll be heading to bed a bit earlier tonight, so..

G'night all! :grouphug:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Teltasarewen » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:48 am

Yeah Vana I finally made it back thanks to you and your encouragement. :hug: I sure have missed this place especially everyone here. :cry:

I've been gone so long that there is no way I'll be able to catch up on all that has happened. But I sure will give it a try. :)

Thank you Linteannaiel. I'm sorry to say that I cannot remember either if we had posted together (memory is not as good as it once was :wink: ) but I do remember your name as well. I think I like being referred to as an oldbie it has a nice ring to it.

A warm hello to all here. :hihi: Hope to meet many of you in the future.
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby rowanberry » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:49 am

Congratulations, Heliona! 8) I believe that it will be a change for better. :thumbsup:

:hihi: Telta! Good to see you back! :)

Vana, China is just bringing you food, like a good kitty... :twisted: Hope you'll find out soon where those pesky rodents get in!

Frelga, of course it's a bit sad to sort my mom's belongings. But, I've got no use for them, whereas someone else might have, so it isn't as hard as it could be. (I should actually go through my own closets as well, I think there would be some stuff I could get rid of.)

We've got more snow again. It's good that we got it, but enough is enough. Is it Spring already?

On a happier note, I pampered myself today by going to the hairdresser's. 8)
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive