HHEEELLLLOOOOOO - The Home Alone Thread Again

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Re: HHEEELLLLOOOOOO - The Home Alone Thread Again

Postby rwhen » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:24 am

HHHEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Sorry for yesterday, I had a horrid Trigeminal attack and ended up at work curled up after a visit to the doctor got no results for meds. It will be 4-6 weeks before I can get the meds that I need. I just love living in the US with no health insurance. *cue sarcasm* Any way besides that, it has been so rainy...standing water and flooding all about. One blessing is that it has been just above freezing...so no ice. One sleep until the start of a long weekend and I can't wait I tell ya. After that comes half days and a few days off until after the New Year. I hope that everyone is well!!

Christmas cards are all out. Two days ago now for those IN the US. heliona and Rowan....nl, TYGGIES...Hobbi, Scribbles...Parm and anyone else outside the US got sent on the 4th so they should have got them all. Ayslhyn in England got his over a week ago now. I also got cards from Tooks and Calma!! Thank you to everyone. If someone on thread gave addresses in years past or this year doesn't get a card in the next day or so, let me know.

Calma, if I didn't say earlier, thank you for the lovely card. And I hope you aren't getting ready for the Ark as we are here. :D

Sil, where have you been? Traveling? Sewing? Cooking?????? :D MIss ya.

Vanadarlin' :hug: YOu just come on over here for a very big hug lady friend. Listen, you have been working double shifts with no days off and little sleep. Also the tragedy last week would rock anyone. We all just do the best we can and deal with the rest. Don't you worry for us, let us worry for you. Try and get that pretty chin up and look at the lovely world that is still out there....we can find our happy in most anything. I love you, that is a start. :hug: SSOTH and I am never more than a phone call away. 143

basilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly, :D:D:D:D:D I got your card yesterday!!! :D Thank you my friend. Lovely to get and it really made me smile on a horrid day of pain...you have to take the small wins, right? Whatzup whichooooo? Did you get snow like CR did? :shock: :D Have you seen The Hobbit again yet?

DUBSIES.....*slaps head* I forgot that you moved earlier this year. My card went to your mothers. Will you still get it anyway??????? Please say yes!! :( Well done you on getting all the Christmas stuff done for under $100 this year. I am proud of ya. :D Temptation leads us down the OVER $100 so easily. Hang in there....Jack's first Christmas is coming up!! :D

CR!!!! Oh dear, all those whacko days AND a snow storm on top of it all. I got your second e-card...the 12 days of Christmas. I really liked it, but the first one had my heart with all the lights...I am a sucker for beautiful lights. :D Hang in there and the holidays will be over before ya know it. I hope you were able to get about in all that snow.

Lin, you will make it to The Hobbit. And 2D or 3D...it is all still the same movie and I know you two will love it. Glad you slept well. I managed to pull 4 straight last night my own self. Then spotty periods for the rest until the alarm sang to me. No worries on the cards...yours should be to you today, let me know!! :D :hug: I am THRILLED that your Christmas spirit is coming to you....go look at the pretty lights in town, that should help as well. :D

eliana, I also got a card off to you hon. Never worry for missing a post on this thread, it moves too fast and it can be too overwhelming. Very happy the "program" went well and now you and your hubby and lovely daughter can look forward to Christmas. You know, the New Year is a perfect time for turning a new corner and seeing more brightly. :hug: We are ever here for you.

Ashke Verasca...I had to laugh to hard at your dog eating a roll of tissue paper. Been there, done that and got the tee shirt. little bits of while all over the place. Glad to read that your winter cold is better and no doctor is required. Who is Eve? Is that you? Are you Eve? If so, nice to know you, I am Jules - most people around these parts know my real name, no reason for you not to. Are you ready for Christmas otherwise?

Lewie....LUCK...LUCK...LUCK...LUCK...any of the three would be a grand jumping off place. So did you decide to go to NYC or just hang around until you leave for Beantown? Are you going home to family or friends or just getting off campus??? Save the $30 and do something special when you get to Boston. :D I love the Little Italy part which I have been corrected on many times that it is NOT called Little Italy...I still do. :D Last....if someone saw The Hobbit and said you look like a dwarf, I would consider it a compliment!!

Iris...*sigh* it seems that something is always up with the hubby's X and kids. Best to keep your distance as you plan. How is everything else? Staying warm these days? No more water pipe issues? What are you doing for Christmas this year??

EDMUND!!!!! :D I will check your blog again today if you have added to it. It isn't a waste of effort to me, it is putting something "out there" and it does come back for the effort. You have to believe it Mister "I didn't even know there was a glass to look at". basilllllly is here and there...I didn't find you on FB or get a "friend" request. You should join us there you know...better bounce for your buck, just sayin'.

rowan...:D:D Excellent that you got to a new show and that both of your went so well. I swear I would get my arse to Finland just to see you dance Bollywood!!! I LOVE :heart: :love: Bollywood. From the first time I saw Benny Lava (yes I know it was a parody but it showed me the dancing and I fell in love) I was hooked. Did you get my card yet? It should have been there by now. I got YOURS...:D Thank you :hug:

SCRIBBLES>>>......>>>>>SCRIBBLES!!! I am about to call you mommy and tell her!!!

Rosie lass. Always thinking of you.

SHOUT OUT: Luthy :hug:, Calma, Tooks, Frelga lady, RUNZIES, TYGGIES, SHIMMER, P darlin' J, heliona, kaya, Jae, portia, Tarina, Silverberry, Ladykat, sabbwong, Erinhue, Effff Teeee, oldtoby, Bilbo25, Lanastus, Alex, Guru and Parm.

:hihi:

and

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Ashke Verasca » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:19 am

I am...Julie ;) I call Christmas Eve, it's very common in Poland ^^

Yes, my cold is much much better, it almost was taken to the history of mankind :lol: I even made huge shopping today!

Haha, my doggie...he ate today all sweets that I bought for my mum. He is...bad doggie!
Ashke Verasca
Shield Bearer

Postby Jaeniver » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:00 pm

hello everyone .

my christmas holiday justed started and what better way to celebrate by washing my couch cushions .. how very rebel of me! ;)

A nice glass of wine makes up for it though.
On the road again with Kaya in Crossroads

Ae ú-esteliach nad...estelio han. Estelio ammen.
Jaeniver
Not all those who wander are lost

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Hello the house!

Thank you Rwhen and Iris and rowandarling. I am doing okay. I will be fine just a bit under the weather in my mood.

I did however, get my international and Canadian Christmas Cards sent yesterday. Sorry they will be late but I do love you all and hope that it is okay for them to arrive as a belated Christmas Greeting. I will get the USA ones sent tomorrow. If I miss anyone I am sorry. My time and finances are extremely limited this year. So I am sure I made mistakes but they were unintentional. :grouphug: I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Boxing Day, Happy Kwanzaa and any other holidays there are for you this time of year.

Last night at work was a nightmare! Not because of the customers but because of Obama. Seems that everyone and their cousin came in to buy guns yesterday. :roll: I do believe that everyone has a right to bear arms but do they have to buy them all the same day? It was crazy busy and we were short handed by two. Long lines and no relief crew made for some very tired cashiers. There were only two of us and when I left we had already gone over our projected sales for the day by over 10,000. There were still 3 hours left in the store hours and no relief in sight for the sales stopping or slowing. Absolutely nuts!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Well didn't get the reference assistant job. They already filled all of them :-| :-|

Well at least my application was "very strong" and "if there is another opening they will contact me." :roll: I'm curious as to whom got hired. I'm sure I'll find out next semester.

That will surely help me get a job to pay off all these student loans when I graduate with no experience. :roll:
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby heliona » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Well, at least that's reassuring, Lewie. :)

rwhen, I haven't got your card yet. For some reason your card always seems to take it's time getting to me!

I'm going to do Christmas e-cards this weekend - I was going to find some, but I couldn't find any that I really liked, so I'm going to make my own. :)
Image<-- Sir Gwaine representing the letter "G" in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Dubatuluk » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 pm

If y'all have the LeRoy address then I'll get your cards. If it's the 117 Ross one I likely will not, I think my mail forwarding quit a few months ago.
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:46 pm

Hey...I got a card from basil. :D

He and Dubs will get um, Happy New Year cards from me. :D

Guess I'd better get to that.... 8)

Breakfast. :D

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:44 pm

I got a card from Rwhen today, It lifted my heart. Well, two more days of this week from Hades. Tomorrow I work until 11:30 PM, then have to turn around and go back in the next day, (Saturday) at 9 am. They're really trying to kill me there.

I hope you get better, Rwhen.

I love french toast, too!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Calma » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:59 am

Vana, if you haven't already noticed, there is someone in your Adoption thread.
Just sayin'....

Hellooooo, everyone.
Happy Friday to ya!

Seems like the Myan's just ran out of stone after all. :D

Later.

September is Breakfast Month in the TVM!!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 51 :D
LOSSES: 52 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Ashke Verasca » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:07 am

End of the world...!!!! Wait, no, it was false alarm :lol:
Ashke Verasca
Shield Bearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:34 am

Dubs: sometimes they cut you a break during the holidays because they know people who don't normally send you mail will send to an old address. If a carrier knows that it's a family member living there, sometimes they'll deliver it. I had several cards show up at my parent's house this year, so you might still get them. :)

BTW: rwhen, I got your card. :) Your's is on it's way. The house number had changed.

:hug: too

Vana: I know one of our local gun shop owners (not well, just enough to chat) and someone asked him about gun sales. He said they started going up in 2008 and haven't stopped. I haven't heard what his store has experienced since Friday. :(

Which reminds me of a story. We have three sporting stores in the downtown, two sell guns, the one that doesn't sells bows and arrows and so does the army-navy store. These people know each other quite well and are in regular contact. A couple years ago, someone decided they were going to rob these three people on day. The guy went into one store and walked out with a bow and arrows. Then went to the army-navy store and picked up some other stuff. What he didn't know was, the owner of store one called store two and warned him (after calling the police). Store two had employees watching the guy, and caught him as he went out the door. Meanwhile, store three had also been called and was ready for him, but he never got there. :roll: Of course, both robbed stores had cameras as well. Some people aren't too bright.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rwhen » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:23 am

HHEEELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Last post for four days and maybe even more. This starts the "shut down" of the office, but my month, quarter and year ending work. I will have four days off...back on Wednesday and then our family "official" Christmas next weekend. I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday!!!

Ashke - Hullo Julie...Julie and Julia...a fine pair we are. LOL that doggie of yours is going to be a very fat doggie with all those sweets. :D Have a wonderful holiday.

Jae !! *glomp* :hug: :nono: you go away for far too long. Washing couch cushions? :shock: Not what I call "start of the holiday" stuffs. But I hope the wine made up for it. :D

Vanadarlin', I will look for you this morning and hope to get in a small chat before you dash off for work. It is coming to an end and soon it will be after New Years. Hang in there my friend. I miss you like crazy and hopefully people will stop buying all those guns. :(

Lewie....:( Sorry that the job thing didn't turn out for you...but they have your resume now and hopefully something will come up later in the year at one of the libraries. Have a safe trip home to Boston and see you when you are back again or before if you get the time to post.

heliona. I will look for your ecard. Have a grand time up visiting the family in Scotland and give that poochie some hugs from us. :D

DUBSIES..:( Sorry, if the card comes back to me, I will send it on to the new address. Have a wonderful Christmas with the wee one's and the family this year.

Tooks!!! Did you get my card yet????

CR!!! YAY. I am happy that you loved the card and it gave you a smile inside. Hang in there....two days will be over and I hope you get some needed time off. :hug:

Calma, Hallo....Happy Friday to you. WIll it ever stop raining? I have to pick up a bed tomorrow, that won't be pretty in the pouring rain!!! Have a great Christmas!!!

Iris, the amount of stupid criminals out there is amazing. Just jaw dropping amazing. I hope that you and Rob and family have a great Christmas this year.

SCRIBBLES???? basilllllly???? Rosie lass??? Send you all Christmas hugs and more.

SHOUT OUT: Luthy :hug:, Frelga lady, P darlin' J, rowan, Lin, kaya, eliana, Tarina, RUNZIES, TYGGIES, SHIMMER, EDMUND, portia, Silverberry, Ladykat, sabbsong, Erinhue, Effff Teeee, oldtoby, Bilbo25, Lanastus, Alex, Guru and Parm.

vison

and

Happiest of holidays to all. Safe travels or warm comfy home, I hope it is the best!!

:grouphug:

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rowanberry » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:34 am

HELLLLLOOOOOO!!!!!!! And, happy Friday!

Also, Happy Solstice! From now on, days start getting longer again. 8)

I've been busy today. Got dad's old car off the shop, bought most of the ingredients for Christmas cooking, and washed a pile of laundry.

Now, I'm just going to take it easy, go to the sauna, and have a pint after that.

I got your second e-card as well, CR. It really was brilliant! :D

Good that you're feeling better already, Ashke.

Rwhen, since you're going to be offline for a few days now, let me wish you

That goes for anybody else as well who won't be around until after the holidays!
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:58 am

Just dashing in to say Hello the house!!

I do work again till 10 tonight so wont have much time for posting. So much to get done before then. I will be getting my new license tabs for my van, a gift for my secret Santa gift and some prescriptions in the process. I have a busy day planned and then go into work earlier then I was scheduled. It has been crazy busy at work. I hope we run out of guns soon then it will quiet back down.

I got a compliment by two of our managers last night at closing. IN my till alone I did almost $70,000 in sales and made no mistakes. My manager said he is going to be posting some of this information for the other cashiers to see, that it can be done!! :thumbsup: I was impressed myself. Especially since our cash registers and our credit card machines are not linked so we have to choose what we are running (debit, Amex, Disc, Visa or MC).
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:04 am

I hope we run out of guns soon then it will quiet back down.

:rofl: that just struck me as really funny. :)

Congrats on the congrats, Vana! :hug:

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:06 am

Helloooo the house! I got another compliment today. The person who does articles for the Walmart magazine circulated to the employees called the store and interviewed me about my weight loss, and that story gets printed in March. First Richard, now this! I'm not used to being a celebrity.

The world didn't end today, but I am down to 200.2 pounds.

I work late tonight, to 11:30 PM, which means I won't get home till midnight. ANd I have to go back at 9 am. They're trying to kill me. I guess they were counting on the world ending today as well.

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:17 am

Good job there CR!! :hug:

Iris it is just in the last few days we have sold so many guns at work and the sales have been off the charts. It is so busy that I myself had over $65,000 dollars in my till for the day. I only worked from 3pm to 10pm.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Ladykat » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:11 pm

Hello and AARRRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!! :angry: :angry:

All my plans for today---including seeing The Hobbit----got cancelled due to the rotten weather!

I was going to finish up some little odds and ends of shopping, get my Christmas cards out (sorry peeps, you may not get them until after Christmas) and go see The Hobbit.

But then it started to snow.

And snow

AND SNOW!! :x

The tires on my car aren't that good, and I'm really afraid to drive when the roads are bad, especially since a lot of people "forget" how to drive in winter weather.( It's Northeast Ohio people, you should KNOW how to handle winter driving by now!)
I made it to the grocery store, and tried to get to the department store, but I got so nervous I just came back home. Only to be met by my neighbor from across the hall. She just LOVES to spread doom and gloom. She does it so cheerfully, she really enjoys it. When I told her I was kind of upset because the weather trashed my plans, she got this big grin on her face, and said, "Oh this is nothing! It's really gonna get worse tomorrow!"

Sometimes I'd really like to hit her. :club:

CR--congrats on the weight loss. Lose some for me, willya? :thppt:

Gun sales :? WOW! :shock: I guess for some people instead of deck the halls with boughs of holly, it'll be wreck the halls with bullets and gunfire. And FA-LA-LA to them too.

Well, instead of fuming over my ruined plans, I think I'll distract myself by making some cinnamon rolls. Then pig them all down. =:)

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:23 pm

Ladykat wrote:Hello and AARRRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!! :angry: :angry:

All my plans for today---including seeing The Hobbit----got cancelled due to the rotten weather!

I was going to finish up some little odds and ends of shopping, get my Christmas cards out (sorry peeps, you may not get them until after Christmas) and go see The Hobbit.

But then it started to snow.

And snow

AND SNOW!! :x

The tires on my car aren't that good, and I'm really afraid to drive when the roads are bad, especially since a lot of people "forget" how to drive in winter weather.( It's Northeast Ohio people, you should KNOW how to handle winter driving by now!)
I made it to the grocery store, and tried to get to the department store, but I got so nervous I just came back home. Only to be met by my neighbor from across the hall. She just LOVES to spread doom and gloom. She does it so cheerfully, she really enjoys it. When I told her I was kind of upset because the weather trashed my plans, she got this big grin on her face, and said, "Oh this is nothing! It's really gonna get worse tomorrow!"

Sometimes I'd really like to hit her. :club:

CR--congrats on the weight loss. Lose some for me, willya? :thppt:

Gun sales :? WOW! :shock: I guess for some people instead of deck the halls with boughs of holly, it'll be wreck the halls with bullets and gunfire. And FA-LA-LA to them too.

Well, instead of fuming over my ruined plans, I think I'll distract myself by making some cinnamon rolls. Then pig them all down. =:)

LK

Ouch, I hate days like that.

Jingle bells, bullet shells, duck for cover in the maaaallllll :roll:

So a little birdy told me they gave all the library jobs to undergrads, and if any more come up they will only take non-work study people as a last resort because work study students are free for the library. So they hired 19 year olds with no interest in the field doing it for money (i usually see them sitting at the reference desk on Facebook chat) instead of someone who was going to use the job to learn as much as possible about the job and see how I could apply my coursework. :angry:

The fun part is there isn't enough work-study money anymore to give any to grad students..............

So I guess when I graduate it will be the PHDs, the multilingual ivy league grads with a decade of library experience..................then me and the guy who used to be a bus driver. I'm sure our resumes will float to the top. :roll:
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Ladykat » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:51 pm

Swordsman_Of_The_Tower wrote:So a little birdy told me they gave all the library jobs to undergrads, and if any more come up they will only take non-work study people as a last resort because work study students are free for the library. So they hired 19 year olds with no interest in the field doing it for money (i usually see them sitting at the reference desk on Facebook chat) instead of someone who was going to use the job to learn as much as possible about the job and see how I could apply my coursework.

The fun part is there isn't enough work-study money anymore to give any to grad students..............

Geez, dude, sorry to hear that. That really SUCKS! i've been off and on looking for a better job myself this past year with no luck. I just don't interview well, I guess. At least we can come to TORC and vent. Hang in there. (want a cinnamon roll?) :)

LK
Ladykat

Postby basil » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:37 pm

RobertEvert wrote:Where's Basil been? I haven't run into him since I got back.

Here I b, Robert E!

Swordsman wrote:Jingle bells, bullet shells, duck for cover in the maaaalllll

LK wrote:wreck the halls with bullets and gunfire

Silencer Night, Holey Night, All are armed, All have sights, rounds 'round Virgin Mother and Child, . . . . :nono:

Hello LadyKat, new here are you?

Vana Darlin' wrote:IN my till alone I did almost $70,000 in sales and made no mistakes.

Thank the Lord LaPierre! :D

To all the Denny Zens, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and we all hope that a year with "13" in it will prove opposite to that of Fridays with "13" on them!

b
basil
Mariner

Postby Ladykat » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:16 pm

basil wrote:Hello LadyKat, new here are you?

Hello basil. :) New to the Home Alone thread, yes. New to TORC not so much. Just recently returned after a long absence.

LK
Ladykat

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:23 pm

Hello and goodnight. I have to hit the hay as I get up obscenely early in the morning after working very late at night.

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:35 am

We had a local shooting yesterday. (It's on Yahoo news, if you've not seen it)

It appears, though we're still waiting for information, that the man had been in an accident earlier this year and had medical problems and there is suspicion that these were affecting his mind somehow. Anyhow, three are dead plus the shooter. Three state troopers are injured. :roll:

Lady Kat: We got SNOW too! I'm not sure how much just yet, I've not been outside this morning, but the wind is blowing to beat the band. We're to get more. It's going to be a white Christmas after all! :D :hug: though...I know the feeling of having not good tires or brakes or whatever. :hug:

CR: Don't wear yourself out. :nono: and Congrats on the recognition! :D

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rowanberry » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:23 pm

Congrats on the recognition, Vana and CR both! 8)

Ladykat, what a bummer that your Hobbit plans got cancelled because of the weather. :( But, you're wise not to drive in a snowstorm if the roads are bad and there are idiot drivers around. Believe me, we've got our share of those as well.

Today, I've enjoyed a delicious Christmas buffet (still not hungry!) and got all the presents wrapped. Now, it's off to bed for me.

Hmm, we've posted so actively that it looks like Rwhen has to start a new incarnation of this thread as soon as she gets online again...
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Maybe the Mods would cut us a break since rwhen is going to be away until Wednesday?

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Ladykat » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Well thankfully the forecast was wrong about more snow today. The weather was clear, the roads were clear, and I FINALLY got the rest of my shopping finished.

sigh of relief :D

Iris---we get high winds here too. It blows the snow into deep drifts in the parking lot. Makes getting to my car really interesting.

Rowen----OOOOOHHH Christmas buffet! Sounds yummy! :D Yeah, I was disappointed about not seeing The Hobbit, but I'll get there. Maybe tomorrow or even Christmas Eve if the theatre is open.

CR---my Christmas wish for you----a good night's sleep. :sleep: AND getting to sleep in the next day. :)

LK
Ladykat

Postby Cock-Robin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:20 pm

Thanks, and I'm headed for bed right now. And it's a well-earned rest after the craziness of today. It made me want to say "Bah, Humbug!" In all this insanity, doesn't anybody have the Christmas spirit anymore?

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Linteannaiel » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:51 am

*pops in* :whistle:

I'm sorry I haven't been around lately.. I've been very busy with work, last-minute Christmas shopping, and James and I went to see The Hobbit last night! It was awesome and we loved it. :D Today we went to my mom and grama's for an early Christmas with them and some of my other relatives, and we had a lovely time.

I don't have time to catch up tonight, so I hope you're all doing well and I'll be back again to catch up. ;)

:grouphug: for everyone! :D
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive