HHEEELLLLOOOOOO - The Home Alone Thread Again

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:57 am

*Rosie throws her night shades at Tooks*

Iris, nobody likes a liar.. but liars get really good at what they do (because it works) and, unfortunately, most people have to find out on their own and they don't want to believe what someone else has told them and it ends up reflecting badly on the person who tries to tell it like it is.. *sigh* unfortunately. Been there.. done that. :(

I think people like to believe *they* are the ones who will make a difference in that (lying) person's life & turn them around. And the pathological liar (sociopath) knows this and uses it to their advantage. People don't/won't see it until they've been hurt. I have a book titled 'Emotional Vampires; Dealing with people who drain you dry'. Most often the best advice is to avoid them at all costs. I know I sound cynical, but I've had a few too many such people in my life.

Dubs, it sounds as if you're having a wonderful time with your new little bundle. Enjoy it. How is the little princess handling 'Big Sister-hood'?

Vana, I hope you find a new job soon. Enjoy those ocean breezes, even if you cannot hear the waves. I bet it's just a short drive to the shore from where you are.

Scribbles, has your hubby found a job yet? I'll keep him in my thoughts. Enjoy your weather. It's finally down to a normal temperature here today.. 80F (27C) but still, no rain. :(

CR.. I'm NOT silly enough to click on that link!! :P

Frelga.. I was on the swim team.. ages & ages ago. It's a tough sport. And good healthy exercise. It will whip him into shape in no time!

Hellos to everyone else, enjoy your weekend! :hihi:

RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Thanks for letting me vent, guys. I'm feeling better. However, the family it still dealing with ramifications. *sigh*

Vana, she's 24.

We're watching Cats and Dogs 2 with my parents. I think they like it. :)

<------ The TVM is going on vacation!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Linteannaiel » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:52 pm

Hellooooo the house! :hihi:

It is now that time.. yes, time to write about the Disneyland trip! :D I originally started writing this like a story, but I realized it was becoming ridiculously long, so I changed my mind and decided to write it in a list style. I tend to go into a lot of detail when I write. ;)

Our trip to Disneyland was from the 17th to the 23rd of June, though the last day was just spent checking out and flying home. James and I were there for our 7th Anniversary, which was on the 20th of June, and we had an absolutely incredible time. :D

So, here we go!

Sunday the 17th:

- Set out from home at 7:30 am
- Barely made it on time to the SMF (Sacramento International Airport) to get our bags checked in and make our 10:25 am flight (James's first flight!)
- Arrived at LAX 12:30 pm
- Got our bags and took a Super Shuttle to the hotel
- Arrived at the hotel at 2:30 pm
- Settled in and changed into our Disney t-shirts
- Got to Disneyland at 4:45 pm.. FINALLY!! :D :D :D
- Walked down Main Street and ate at the Carnation Cafe first (It was lovely, and we were so excited to be there! I had a cheeseburger with seasoned fries, James had chicken fried chicken and mashed potatoes, and we shared a piece of chocolate cake)
- Went to Fantasyland
- Took pictures of the castle (there was no photographer outside the castle at the time, so I just took pictures of it at first)
- Went through Sleeping Beauty castle (I love it!)
- Took a couple pictures of the Sleeping Beauty paintings on the walls of the castle
- Took pics in front of the drinking fountain with Aurora and Prince Phillip (We took one or two, and a couple was nice enough to take our picture, too!)
- Went into the sword shop (they actually had Sting and Anduril, which was cool to see. :D)
- Took pictures with the knight in shining armor in front of the shop ;)
- Went on the Dumbo ride (the first ride! I wanted it to be James's first ride, since it was mine when I went when I was 11), and took pictures
- Went on the Mad Tea Party ride (one of my favourite rides ever :D), and James took a couple pictures of me (the ride made James a bit dizzy, but he had fun.. I found out later that evening that he bumped his head on the teacup, though.. LOL)
- Went on the Alice In Wonderland ride (also one of my favourites.. James really enjoyed that ride, and most of the story rides in Fantasyland)
- Went on the Matterhorn (it was funny, because we wanted to ask one of the employees whether there were Fast Passes for the Matterhorn or not, and there was a man complaining to her that the line had moved to a different location than the last time he visited, and he said "You need to let people know about these things! I've been coming here since 1976 and they keep changing it!" and he was actually angry about it. You have to have problems if you're angry when you're in Disneyland. The girl rolled her eyes when he was gone and apologized to us, and just as we were asking about the Fast Passes, an older couple with a disability pass told us we could join them and their kids, since they only had four people, and six can fit in one bobsled. So we didn't have to wait in line, and it was awesome. I looove that ride, and the abominable snowman scared James.. hehehe. :D)
- Went into the Mad Hatter shop and looked at the hats
- Finally had our pictures taken in front of Sleeping Beauty castle by a photographer (I should have handed her my camera, though, because we later found out that the PhotoPass photos are a bit pricey.. we'll probably buy a few of them, anyway. ;))
- Went on Peter Pan's Flight (which had a very long line for a very short ride.. I'd never gone on it before, since it was down when I went to Disneyland, so it was nice to finally go on it!)
- Couldn't get on Pinocchio's Daring Journey (it was down for the night)
- Went to Tomorrowland
- Got Fast Passes for Star Tours (which James really wanted to go on)
- Went on the Astro Orbiter (it was dark, so it was a lot of fun.. we couldn't get into the rocket at first, though, so a girl who worked at the ride helped us get in :lol:)
- Had coffee at the Jolly Holiday (I called my mom to let her know how things were going while we sat with our coffee)
- Watched the Magical fireworks show (we got there just before it started, so we weren't within perfect view of the castle, but we still had a good spot, and it was an amazing show. I love fireworks! :D)
- Went on Star Tours (unfortunately, the best thing about that ride was waiting in line! I really liked the little robots who talk while you wait. The ride itself wasn't as good as we thought it would be.. C-3PO was cool, but the 3D wasn't done well, and there wasn't really a storyline to the ride, it just had us flying through different places from Star Wars while events were happening. Ah well!)
- Didn't go on Space Mountain because of James's head (it was killing him because he bumped it on the Mad Tea Party ride)
- Ate at the Plaza Inn for dinner (the decor was beautiful.. pink velvet and crystal chandeliers, and we had the most delicous chicken & mashed potatoes. It was really good, mmm. :D)
- Back to the hotel at 11 pm (Disneyland closed at Midnight that night)

Monday the 18th:

- Got to Disneyland at 4:30
- Ate at the Jolly Holiday (we split tomato basil soup, I had a turkey sandwhich, and James had a beef sandwhich)
- Had ice cream at the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor
- Went to Fantasyland
- Went on It's A Small World
- Went to Toontown
- Minnie & Mickey's houses & some pictures outside
- Went through Fantasyland & took more pictures in front of the castle
- Took pictures of Snow White's fountain
- Went on Snow White's Scary Adventure
- Went on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
- Went on the Storybook Land ride
- Found Spots for the Fireworks
- Took pictures of Sleeping Beauty's Castle (lit up for night)
- Had our pictures taken in front of the castle again (there were no people in the area because it was roped off, and an employee took the pictures with my camera)
- Watched the Magical fireworks show again, and took some pictures
- Went on Space Mountain (it was my first time on Space Mountain! I dedicated it to all my TORC friends, and James dedicated it to his co-workers, since they were all talking about it before we left on our trip. ;))
- Ate at Redd Rocket's Pizza Port (I had a slice of pepperoni pizza, and James wasn't hungry)
- Went on the Mad Tea Party ride
- Went on Alice in Wonderland ride
- Went on Pinocchio's Daring Journey
- Went on King Arthur's Carousel
- Back to hotel at 10

Tuesday the 19th:

- Disneyland at 3:00 pm
- Went on the Disneyland Railroad to New Orleans Square
- New Orleans Square
- Walked around
- Went on Pirates of the Caribbean (long line)
- Browsed the shops
- Tried to eat at Blue Bayou, ended up eating at Cafe Orleans (split french onion soup, a chicken sandwhich, and sweet potato fries)
- Took pics in New Orleans Square
- Went to Adventureland
- Went through Tarzan's Treehouse
- Went on The Jungle Cruise (I took some pics)
- Watched into Enchanted Tiki Room for the show (which I'd never done before)
- Went on the Indiana Jones ride (hour long line)
- Walked through California Adventure (Hollywood Land) & Took pics of Once Upon A Time Costumes
- Tried to go on the Tower of Terror but Fast Passes were out
- Bought two hoodies and a t-shirt in a shop in New Orleans Square
- Went on the Haunted Mansion ride (while the Fantasmic Show was on - no lines!)
- Took pics in front of the Haunted Mansion
- Bought some mugs in Main Street
- Back to hotel at 10
- Dressed up and went on a date in the hotel lounge & took pics in the lobby

Wednesday the 20th:

- Disneyland at 2:00
- Went to Critter Country
- Went into one of the shops
- Got in line to meet Tigger & Winnie the Pooh
- Pictures with Tigger & Winnie the Pooh
- Bought a Mickey Pretzel and shared it while we waited in line
- Went on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (twice, second time we used a Fast Pass)
- Saw Mary Poppins & Bert walking through Main Street and quickly snapped a picture of them
- Pics with Pooh poster
- Went to California Adventure
- Went to Cars Land & took lots of pics
- Ate at Flo's Cafe (split roast beef, mashed potatoes, and corn)
- Soft Serve at the Cozy Cone (looong line)
- Went to Paradise Pier & took some pics
- California Screamin' was down
- Walked around the Pier
- Went on California Screamin' when it was back up & got Fast Passes so we could go again
- Went on the ferris wheel in a rocking car (which nearly made James sick)
- Tried to go on California Screamin' with our Fast Passes, but it was down again
- Browsed the shops
- Went on the Silly Symphony Swings (saw whole park!)
- Went back to Hotel at 6:45 pm
- Went out on our Anniversary date at 7:45 pm
- Ate at Rubys! <3
- Took a taxi back to the hotel
- We were going to go back to California Adventure for the World of Color show, but we felt too tired

Thursday the 21st:

- Got to California Adventure at 1:30
- Tried to get fast passes for Cars but they were out
- Got fast passes for Tower of Terror
- Went to Disneyland
- Got fast passes for Splash Mountain
- Browsed shop in Critter Country
- Ate at the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland (chicken nuggets with ranch, mozzarella sticks with marinara, and sliced apples)
- Took pictures in front of Disney & Mickey statue
- Pirates Lair
- Went on Pirates of the Caribbean
- Toontown & pictures with Mickey
- Splash Mountain
- Mint Sundaes at the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor
- Went to California Adventure & checked on California Screamin' (it was down again) went on Tower of Terror (with our Fast Passes)
- Went back to Disneyland, found a spot above the POTC ride to watch Fantasmic, & ate food from French Market Restaurant (I had macaroni and James had seafood)
- Went on Indiana Jones at night (with Fast Passes)
- Went on the Haunted Mansion ride
- Back to the hotel at 11 pm

Friday the 22nd:

- Got to Californa Adventure at 11:45
- Checked on Cars Land ride & took pictures
- Checked of Tower of Terror but it was too early
- Ate at the Plaza Inn for lunch (had chicken and mashed potatoes again)
- Toontown & met Minnie & pics
- Fantasy Land - Took pictures with the Cheshire Cat & The White Rabbit
- Got Space Mountain Fast Passes
- Teacup Ride
- Alice In Wonderland
- Found spots for the parade (sunburn central) & frozen lemonde
- Moved to the other side & stood in the shade
- Parade & Pictures
- Pins in Frontierland
- Pretzels
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Space Mountain
- Shopped for David in Tomorrowland
- Returned Pins
- Ate Dinner at the Carnation Cafe (I had a burger & James had fish)
- More shopping in Disneyland
- Went back to California Adventure to shop
- James got coffee & we checked on the rides - trivia & won the fastpass
- Tower of Terror!
- Pirates of the Caribbean - third time & at night!
- Matterhorn - last ride at 11:45 pm!
- Shopping in Main Street & Downtown Disney (World of Disney)

Saturday the 23rd:

- Left the hotel at 8:30 am
- Took a bus and got to LAX at 10 am
- Ate in the airport - Starbucks coffees and McDonalds (LOL ;))
- Our flight left at 11:50 am
- Got to the SMF, got our bags, got the car, and left the airport
- Home at 4 pm

Edit: I decided to change this into a list after I first posted it, and it's late now, so I'm not quite finished yet.. I'll be adding in more details and pictures later. :whistle:
Last edited by Linteannaiel on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:13 am

Wow, sounds like a real eventful visit. Wish I was there. Did you climb the Matterhorn?

Here comes the LOTR

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby portia » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:45 am

Iris:
There are a lot of complex psychological issues involved with believing a pathological liar, especially the 2d, 3d and 4th times. It is hard to break free, especially if the liar is someone whom we feel we ought to love or support.

Most of us have had the experience, unfortunately. I am glad you have resolved not to be fooled again.
portia
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:33 am

HELLLLLLOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :hihi:

We're at our first stop of the trip, the blues festival that we've visited for quite many years now. Tomorrow, we'll head for the next stretch, eastward this time.

Hope those who have been hit by the heat wave havent totally melted!

Lin, that sounds like an eventful trip! 8) There sure was a lot to see for several days!

Vana, hope you'll find another job soon. :hug:

Iris, I'm sorry that you have to suffer someone like that girl. Hope nobody of your nearest ones believes her stories any longer!

Everybody, have a good start for the week! I'll pop in at some point again. :)
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:26 pm

a blues fest sounds like fun. :)

Lin: :shock: wow, you were busy!

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:17 pm

I get tired just reading all you did!! Phew!

Rowan darling going to a blues festival sounds like a super way to start a vacation! :thumbsup:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Lin.... :shock:

How can you remember all that??? :D:D:D

Remembering MoME.... Boromir the Great!!!!111

;)

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Wow, a blues festival? Sounds great!

Here comes the LOTR

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Linteannaiel » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:46 pm

CR, it was a very eventful visit! We did not climb the Matterhorn, but on our last day there, while we were in line for the Alice In Wonderland ride, they had some mountaineers (;)) climbing the Matterhorn, and we waved at them. :D

Rowan, there was a lot to see.. and we didn't even do everything! :shock: A blues festival sounds really cool. James and I actually went swing dancing on Friday night, which was a lot of fun. 8) My friend from work invited us, and there was a lesson for an hour, followed by swing dancing for about three hours. We liked it so much, we may go again next Friday! :D

Iris, yes, we were busy. :D

LOL Vana, it made me tired just writing it. :rofl:

Tooks, I have a very good memory. That, and I sat down with James last week and wrote it all down. I actually made that list with him, and I'm just adding details in.. I'll probably finish editing it and adding pictures tomorrow night. ;) :D
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:00 am

I wish, when we went on our honeymoon, that I'd taken a notebook and written things down in it about what we did/saw etc. :)

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:25 am

HHHEEELLLLLLLOOOO the house!!

And another Monday rolls around again!! I hope everyone survived the heat. We are in a bit of a heat wave ourselves, but it isn't as bad as some. Weekend was quiet. Laundry, a small amount of cooking (it was too hot to cook much). Reading and such.

DUBSIES, I know it has to feel really good to be able to put something on after that surgery. And before ya know it you will be in your regular jeans once more. Well done. Kiss Jack and the Princess!! Hope you had a great weekend.

Rosie lass, No real plans on the weekend, just the usual home catching up stuff. Trying to get in a bit more rest. Too hot to do much of anything really. Sorry to read about the mosquito bites, we hates those, yes we do. Did you get to the sewing you wanted to do? Glad you finally got a bit of a cool down. May it stay that way for a bit.

basilllllly, how was the weekend in the botb?? Hibernating during the day is probably a good idea if you can do it. Does it cool down much in the evenings there? Here, not so much - but not hot either.

Scribbles, howdy!! Glad you enjoyed the Amy Friday. :D Did the heat come on for you now? I think that makes all of us at this point. And the forecast is not looking good. Then again, some people think this is really nice weather. Me? A/C all the way. Hope the week ahead isn't too crushing on ya. :D

Frelga lady, :shock: Hubby got invited to swim on a Masters team??? That is so very cool. I was confused about you being the only female patron "here". Did you mean online at the time you posted? Hmmmm? :D

Iris, I have a family member who is a pathological liar. After years of it, I don't believe anything she says any more and she knows that I know. I have busted her so many times that it is goofy at this point. But she is family. So we deal. At least ONE of her parents "knows" but since she doesn't live at home, most of the time when she visits, who wants to spend the time arguing. Good luck with that.

Vanadarlin', Sorry that the part time thing didn't pan out for you. :hug: 143, there will be something else that comes along, I am sure of it. I know you need more hours. I too love the sound of the ocean, it is very soothing and puts me to sleep. Hey you have the breezes and that is gracious plenty. :D :hug:

CR, hey mister. How is it going for you? Did you have a decent weekend?

Tooks, we like to sleep in on the weekend around here. :D But you could have at least made the coffee. ;) Hope you had a good one.

Lin. Thank you ever so much for giving us your full report on your trip to visit Mickey Mouse. Very full days you had. Oh you did Tower of Terror!!! How was that? Would you do it again? And did you just LOVE Space Mountain. I also really dig the PotC ride, always enjoyed that one. It is so cool that you did ALL the rides and then some. You were there with plenty of time rather than having to do it all in one day, as many do. I am pea green. :D :hug:

portia, good to see you back on thread. :D Good thoughts for Iris. How ar things for you? Are you burning up where you are too? I know when it gets too dry and hot, your area can get bad wildfires. Seen them there.

Rowan, so happy you found a place to pop a post in for us. Thank you. :hug: Excellent that you got to a blues festival. What is "eastward"?? Continue to enjoy the vacation. :D

SHOUT OUT: vison, Calma, P darlin' J, Imi Friend, heliona, RUNZIES, Sil, Luthy, Silverberry, oldtoby, Parm, Guru.

:hihi:

and

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:16 am

Nope, didn't have a decent weekend. Had to work among the crazies. But the weekend's over at last and vacation begins.

Here comes the LOTR

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:18 am

Hello hello I finally made it on, if only briefly!! We had a wonderful thunder and lightening show this morning about 3:45 and somehow it took out my cable for till just now. I called our lovely Rwhen about a half hour ago to let her know and she was going to call me back. I jumped into the shower and missed her call back. She is one busy lady!!!

Anyways I made it on to say HI :hihi: to everyone!!! We dont usually get thunder and lightening in our area. I am not sure why but this stuff was in the clouds shooting across the sky and was beautiful!! Then it only rumbled afterwards. We did have one bolt that came from the ground up and it looked like it might have been in the field with the bison. I sure hope none of them were hurt and a loud BANG! Anyways it was great fun to watch. Rather reminded me in some ways of where I grew up on the other side of the mountains. Phenomenal shows over there!!!! I miss them actually! :D

Anyways I have to work this afternoon so I just wanted to pop on and say HI!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:19 am

Hi, Vana, my SSOTH! Glad to see you here.

Here comes the LOTR

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:46 am

I am glad to be here too but now I must be off to get to work. Love ya and hope you have the very best of vacations. I will be off on Wednesday and Friday this week. :hug:

Lovely getting to chat with you my sweet sister of the heart, Rwhen!! I love hearing your voice! :hug: Have a great day sweetie!!! 143 :rose:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:01 pm

CR, vacation!!! Excellent news. I hope the weather is good for you and not this hot stuff you have been having. :D Enjoy every day of it.

Vanadarlin', :hug: 143, it was lovely to talk to you today. You gave me a big ol' smile to see you on my caller ID. Don't work to hard my SSOTH. And catch you here tomorrow hopefully. :D
Last edited by rwhen on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Frelga » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:09 pm

My son spent the whole weekend speaking in Gollum voice. :Q He starts the drama camp today, and prepared Gollum/Smeagol monolog for the audition. The book version. He is very good at the creepy voice! 

Rwhen-lady, how's that Ring coming along? Shall we party today? :) And I meant I was the only female patron at the cafe from which I posted. :oops:

Lin, love your agenda! Makes me want to go back and ride the Space Mountain. 

Vana, bison stake for dinner? :twisted: Kidding! Glad you got to enjoy the show the storm put up, even if it kept you off the net for a while. 

CR, what are your vacation plans?

Iris, sorry to hear about family problems. Forewarned is forearmed, when dealing with liars. :(

Rowan, enjoy your road trip. :)

:hihi: portia, Rose, Calma, Tooks and all!
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Not much. I can't afford to go anywhere. Just take it easy, I guess. Maybe go to the zoo one day.

Here comes the LOTR

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Oh.. I'm exhausted.. we just went for a looong bike ride.. about 3 hours, but part of the time we stopped downtown to have lunch. Hubby & daughter are home this week, we are having something of a 'Stay-cation'.. meaning a vacation at home. We will be getting another Japanese student in August (just for a week) so we have some getting ready to do.
The zoo sounds like a good idea! I love the zoo. CR.. enjoy it if you go!

rwhennie.. Getting close to another ring I see!
I did do some sewing this weekend, but I've got a lot more to do. I have to figure out how I'm going to do the eyelets.. I'd rather do grommets but I'm having a hard time finding them. Mica~Lynn has decided she wants to clean out her room of her younger-year clutter and change the color. It's a good thing, but.. ugh.. I'm still working on the sewing projects. Her room is a sort of faded blue-jean color (what she wanted when she was about 15) but now she feels it's too cold & 'blue' (sad). I think she's thinking of a coralish-pink. I think she'd go with yellow/orange but she's afraid that will be too bright & perky for a bedroom.

It's still dry here. If we don't get rain soon, the crops will be toast. not even good for cattle feed. :( I feel so sorry for the farmers. They have begun watering bans.

Frelga.. ahahaha.. so funny to think of your young one going around using a creepy Gollum voice.

Vana.. I hope work isn't giving you too much grief lately.

Rowan.. you always go to so many lovely concerts! Enjoy your road trip.

Lin, wow. that's quite a trip. I'm sure you'll treasure those memories.

Hello's to everyone else.. basilly, Iris, Scribbles, portia (nice to see you!) Tooksey, Calma, Dubs and anyone else who stops in. :hihi: I'm off to take a nap. Image

RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:48 pm

Rwhen hon I will be working for thing tomorrow but am scheduled off at 1:45pm so hopefully will be here before you go home for the day!! Same with Thursday. So have a great night sweetie, get all the rest you can hon!!! :hug: 143 :rose:

CR there is nothing wrong with just hanging around the house or checking out your town for things to do for vacation. But remember to get some much needed and seldom gotten rest!!! :hug:

Thanks Rose. As long as the Dept. manager is gone my day goes well. He is gone for the next few days. :yippie: I wont have to deal with him till just about quitting time for me on Thursday. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Linteannaiel » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:52 pm

Hellooooo again! ;)

Iris, I wish I had written everything down in a notebook when we got back to the hotel each night. It was hard for us to remember everything, and I'm sure a couple of things are slightly off, but we did a pretty good job, considering we waited over a week to do it. :D

Rwhen, glad you had a nice weekend in spite of the heat. Reading is always good! You are so welcome! We did have very full days. We did Tower of Terror twice, actually.. and HECK YES I would do it again!! I loved that ride, it was thrilling and awesome. I did LOVE Space Mountain, yes. POTC is one of my favourites. We definitely did almost all the rides! We only missed a few in California Adventure. ;) :D

CR, it's nice that you finally have some vacation time! Enjoy the time off. 8) :D

Vana, thunder and lightning in the summer?! :shock: Sounds really cool! There was thunder and lightning when I first met James in Arizona, and that was in June. I do love summer storms, but we don't often have them in California. ;)

Frelga, thanks! I hope you do get to go back and ride Space Mountain someday soon. :D

Rose, it was quie a trip! I'll definitely treasure the memories. :D

I'm off to bed now.. I have to work at 9 am. G'night all! :hihi:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:23 am

HHHEEELLLOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Tuesday rolls about and here we are again. Overcast with a marine layer this morning, to burn off early and then low 80's. A bit of a break from the very high 80's, which let's face it, 89 is 90 in my book. ;)

Frelga lady, :D I had to laugh to think of Lufu going around speaking like Gollum for the whole of the weekend. I wish him well for the audition. It should be fun. Ring is coming - I am thinking next week, with work and all. People are so busy in the summer, doing summer things. ;)

CR, as Vanadarlin' says. Sometimes it is just good to get well rested up on a vacation. Enjoy the town if you can. Or just come on in here and post away. :D

Rosie lass, you have been quite busy indeed. I think a coralish color would be very nice for Mica Lynn. OOOH you are getting a Japanese student again this year. Hope that goes well. I see that so much of the US is really burning away from high heat and no rain. I feel fortunate to live here. Hang in there, that is all that can be done. Good luck with the rest of the sewing.

Vanadarlin', okay my friend. 143 :hug: See you when you can get back on. YAY for the dept. mgr gone for a few days. One less thing, right? :D

Lin, you went on the Tower of Terror TWICE???? That thing just dropping the way it does, I think my stomach would end up on the floor. ;) But once I get to there, if that ever happens, I will probably try it. I love rides, even the ones that might be considered for the most young. Still love them all. Glad you made it on so many and had the very best time. Don't work to hard today. :D

Scribbles, how are you doing so far this week? All good??

SHOUT OUT: vison, Calma, Tooks, Iris, heliona, Rowan, basillllly, portia, oldtoby, Silverberry, Sil, Luthy, P darlin' J, DUBSIES, RUNZIES, Imi friend, Silverberry, Parm and Guru.

and

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:35 am

I'll be posting away. I probably won't reach my ring today, but I'm getting there.

Here comes the LOTR

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rowanberry » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:22 am

HELLLLOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :hihi:

I'm popping in from the second stop of our trip, the city of Joensuu in North Karelia. On our way here, we stopped at the New Valamo, an Orthodox monastery with a long history. I think that basil once asked if I've ever visited it - well, now I have, and I lit a candle at the monastery church especially with basillllly and Miz b in mind. :)

Tomorrow, we'll hit the road again. I'll let hear of myself when I've got a suitable moment to get online. :grouphug:
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:35 pm

Well I made it through another day!! :yippie: It was another easy day with the dept manager gone. :D Everyone wanted to know why my schedule had me off so early, I told them to talk to the dept manager, he scheduled me. :P I have the same schedule on Thursday too.

I see Rwhen darlin has not gone over her limit yet today!! ;) 143 :hug:

How is everyone doing today??
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Ouch!! It has been a very long and rough day at work today. I am exhausted with about 45 minutes to go before I can duck tail and get the heck out of Dodge. ;)

CR, I hope you enjoyed the penguins at the zoo today if you got to go.

Rowan, I especially like the site for New Valamo. Thank you so much for sharing that with us. Lighting a candle for the basssillllllly and his lady is going to really touch him. Continue to have a great time. :hug: See you soon I hope.

Vanadarlin' :hug: 143. Excellent that the department manager was gone and it made the day so much easier for you AND you got home before the worst of the heat settles in today. :D I will have to try and get to my 29950 between tomorrow and Friday. It can be done. Hope to see you tomorrow my friend. Enjoy the rest of the evening. :hug: SSOTH

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:46 pm

You too sweetie and try to get some much needed rest!! :hug: I will be here tomorrow for at least part of the day. :hug: 143 :rose:

Penguins at the zoo?? I want to go, I love penguins!!! CR I do hope you are truly enjoying your vacation time and that it does not rush by too quickly for you!! :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Yep, I enjoyed the penguins at the zoo. The rest of the zoo as well. It was great! I also ditched Internet Explorer. It kept cutting out on me so much I was going insane. I went to Google Chrome and haven't had any more problems with connections.

Here comes the LOTR

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive