HHEEELLLLOOOOOO - The Home Alone Thread Again

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby rwhen » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:48 am

HHEELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Tuesday and I guess it is supposed to feel like a Friday because I have tomorrow off. But knowing that we are back on Thursday, it just feels more like I am going to have a sick day tomorrow. Hope that all is well with everyone.

DUBSIES. Good that you got out and about. While it was taxing and bothered your incision, it will be a good thing in the long run. How is your father doing? You would have said if Jack had any problems at his first check up, so that is a good thing. :D Enjoy the 4th.

basillllly, I will write you. Just to let you know. The heat is finally coming to us on Thursday, by the weekend we could be in the 90's. Phew. AND it rained hard last night. So the humidity is down this morning a bit. YAY. Sorry the front desk thing didn't work out...if you are sorry that is. And are you talking a front door ringer???? "I can ring your bell ell ell..ring your bell". :D Have a good 4th.

CR. Full moon eh? We haven't had clear enough skies to see the moon in quite a bit here. Hopefully the holiday will keep people in a good mood for you. Do you have tomorrow off?

SHOUT OUTS: Vanadarlin', vison, Scribbles, Calma, Frelga lady, Imi friend, P darlin' J, Iris, Tooks, Rosie Lass, Sil, Luthy, Silverberry, Lin, heliona, Rowan, Runzies, Parm and Guru.

Everyone in the US have a great 4th. I hope most everyone has it off.

:hihi:

and

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:53 am

Vana: :hug: Maybe someone with more sense will see what's going on and take care of it...one can always hope.

Maybe it's the full moon bringing out the nuts, CR? ;) Oh, wait...Walmart doesn't need a full moon!

My poor husband has had to get up an hour earlier (5 a.m.) yesterday and today. I won't go into details/rant but he had to take his grandson to Erie Sunday...three hour drive there, three hours back...got home about midnight, had to get up at 5...worked late...*sigh*

<------ The TVM is going on vacation!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:08 am

Yep, I have tomorrow off. Though not much of a day. They really squeezed the day. Tonight I get off at 11 pm and then Thursday I come in very early, so I won't be able to stay up to see the fireworks. They think nobody should have a life outside of Walmart. :angry:

Here comes the LOTR

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:14 am

Hang in there Iris! At least he can do it for his grand son. I know it does seem like a pain but hopefully it was for a very good reason. I bet he will have a reward in heaven for his doing this. :hug:

G'morning the house! It is down pouring here today!! Has been all night but it would sure be nice to have a good day tomorrow for all the fireworks and what not.

Iris we are suppose to have an open door policy at work and I tried to use that and got reprimanded at our meeting a week ago. He was very subtle about it so no one knew what it was about cause he did not call me out by name but it was there. "Don't go to the GM if you are not happy with your hours, come talk to me!" I spoke with him and then went to the GM and then he says this to everyone at the meeting the following week. That is another reason that I am so done with working for him. So when I give my two weeks notice, I am going to be sure that the GM is present and can hear all my reasons for leaving. I may even make sure the Assistant Manager is there to hear it. I know that several of the department managers are not happy with his scheduling practices and the fact he expects them to pick up what he does not want to do himself in backing us up in the front end. It is not their jobs, it is his as the front end manager.

Anyways today I have off and am going to enjoy it!! I don't really have any chores that I have to do and so I am going to relax today!! :D

I hope you all have a great 4th of July tomorrow!!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:25 am

Iris, that is draining on Rob. Hopefully he has tomorrow off with you? Hang in there.

CR...take the time you get tomorrow. You have to take the wins where you can get them. :D

Vanadarlin', indeed. When you give your notice, I would be good to have all the people there at the same time to validate your reasons. The sun is trying to poke its head out here, but not doing very well at it. It has stopped raining though. It rained hard through the night. Starting tomorrow through the next 6 days it is all sunshine and getting very warm. I hope it makes it up your way. :hug: 143

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:27 am

Fortunately we do both have the day off.

Unfortunately, the heat at one of the other offices is trying to make my mom work after she told him she couldn't.

People are frustrating. :)

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:29 am

I'll try, my precious, I'll try.

Here comes the LOTR

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:30 am

I miss the days when people actually insisted on not working Sundays and holidays cause family came first!

Now it is the almighty buck! We have lost so much to greed! Then they wonder why families are fractured and our kids are so out of control! It is sad indeed!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:34 am

I just got a call from the Internist with the results of all the testing I did last week. The CT scans show nothing in my stomach to be concerned about. The lymphnodes on my liver are inflamed and he thinks that is what is causing the pain. The blood work up showed nothing abnormal. So why all the pain??? He doesn't know why. Has no suggestions.

:(

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:36 am

I am glad that it did not show something really wrong but I am sorry that they don't seem to have any ideas why you are in such pain! :hug: 143
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:38 am

:hug: rwhen. Something has your lymph nodes all a twitter. Maybe they're just tired and need a vay cay? ;) :hug:

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:49 am

It is disheartening. While I didn't want any really bad news, I was hoping for some closure finally on all this. I suppose it is back to the drawing board. I have applied for some alternate form of assistance for health insurance.

*crosses fingers*

Forward we move, what else to do. :D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:16 am

And a cool, cloudy HALLLLOOOOOO DA THREAD!!!! :D:D

Major apologies to everyone, I was intending to "catch up" in here and in the TVM over the long weekend but both people and events conspired (in a good way it turned out) and I didn't get time to do more than peek in and then have to run off again, LOL.

Mom, sorry to hear the Internist has no suggestions (crikey, isn't the guy a DOCTOR?) and all I can do is scratch my head and double my prayers that you find a better doctor. {{ssssnnnnnseaky hugs}}

Vana, sorry to hear of the work woes (what the heck is up with these doofus managers these days? :( ) I will add "new job" prayers for you too. :D

Iris, Rob is a sweetheart to help his grandson, and there's nothing wrong with that (aside from him being so tired, poor guy). Hopefully, he'll catch up on his rest soon. :)

Soooo, no real news to report here; work is still work and home is still standing (LOL) and while the weather held up nicely for the weekend, it's turned cooler and damper today (which is fine with me and my gardens ;) ). However, I saw on the Weather network this morning that there's a "high wind" warning issued for tonight, so after work I'll be battening down all the hatches . . . they're saying winds up to 60kmh with gusts to 90kmh. :shock: Wheeeeee . . . can you say "we're not in Kansas anymore Toto?" LOL . . . 8)

So whoever's off today, have a grand day and whoever's working; may the day slllllide by like a greased goose!!

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:21 am

rwhen...do any university hospitals up your way have clinical trials? Sometimes that's a good way to get evaluated, even if you don't qualify for the trial.

Yep. Tomorrow is a day off for me. We may finally get rain.

*crosses fingers*

Remembering MoME.... Boromir the Great!!!!111

;)

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:28 am

Scribbles, you're right, there's nothing wrong with him helping his grandson...it's just the way he gets roped into these things. If all the other parties involved were responsible adults, I'd have a lot less frustration in my life. :)

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rowanberry » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:42 am

HELLLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

It's Tuesday, I've got my hair cut, and the new washing machine is at work. 8) Yesterday, I got new tyres to my dad's old car, which we will keep because we've got use for two cars at the moment, and emptied another kitchen cabinet from lots of needless junk at my parents' home. They had lived through hard times when everything was scarce, and that made especially my mom a bit of a hoarder, but in the last years of their lives, it got worse than ever. :(

Vana, I'm sorry for your work woes. :hug: I'm keeping everything but my eyes crossed that you find a better job!

Rwhen, that's a bummer that the internist's appointment didn't solve your pain problem. Good to hear though that there isn't anything really serious behind it! :hug:

In case I won't drop by tomorrow: Happy July 4th to my U.S. friends!

Image Image
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Dubatuluk » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:55 pm

rwhen, Mr. Jack is doing swimmingly. In fact, I was told most infants lose weight in their first week, but not my Jack! He gained two ounces. :D With that and everything else checking out, he doesn't have to go in again until the end of August. Also, my dad is doing quite well. They did a tracheotomy so dad can breath better without a ton of tubes going in his mouth and down his throat, the result is he can also talk a bit too. And he can write. No more vaso-spasms, and he's pretty lucid most of the time, although he's insistent that his clothes are upstairs (they're not, they're in the closet of his room) and that mom should go get them so he can put them on and go home. He even tried to convince mom that he's doing well enough to go home by asking the doctor if he was squared away on all this and the doctor said that, indeed, he is on the way to some really good recovery. At which time he pointed to his feet, legs and torso indicating to mom to go get his clothes so they could split. :roll: :P The downside to all this is he needs someone in his room 24/7 because he does try to take his tubes and other accoutrements off/out. :facepalm:

Well, I finally completed my digital set of the LOTR EE with TTT! I'm going to go watch it now since the Rohan Man and roommate are tearing up the plains on their two wheeled ponies. :P

:hihi: All!
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:23 pm

Dubs that is good news both about Jack and your father. I hope that he will become more coherent and understand that he needs to stay put till your mom gets him his clothes to go home. :hug:

Well I just found out I don't have to work tonight! :yippie: She is going to call and get me the schedule for Friday and next week. :D

Oooo the sun is peeking out and trying to make an appearance!!! :yippie: :happydance:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby oldtoby » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:52 pm

anyone know whats going on with the TORC front page?
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:53 pm

I don't normally go to the front page! What is going on?

I just went and checked it out! :shock: What the heck is going on?

I pray this site does not close!!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby oldtoby » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Well its back to normal now so who knows.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Frelga » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:19 pm

oldtoby wrote:anyone know whats going on with the TORC front page?

I never know what's going on with TORC front page. =:)

Argh, two hours spent in traffic on what should have been a 30 minute drive because MIL's doctor appointment that should have taken 30 minutes also took 2 hours. Mostly of waiting.

Dubs, I had that experience with my grandfather who always tried to pull tubes out and walk away, and managed to fall out of hospital bed a time or two. :( Very hard on everyone. But great to hear about his progress, and awesome that Jack is doing so well. :thumbsup:

Scribbles, hope your house stays put and does not take off for Oz (either one :D). We wouldn't want you squashing innocent witches.

rwhen, you probably won't see it until Thursday, but a :hug: for you and a :x for your useless doctor anyway.

Vana, so sorry to hear about your work problems. What IS it with some managers? :lightening:

Cheers to toby, rowan, Iris, Tooks, CR, basilly, Rose and all,
and HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY to all USians.
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Hello all! :hihi:

I hope everyone (USians) have a nice 4th holiday! ImageImageImage

rwhennie.. I'm sorry you don't have any answers yet. :hug: Are you still having trouble eating? Have they scheduled you for more tests or are you still waiting for more results? I agree with Tooksey.. with difficult diagnosis they often recommend teaching hospitals. They often are on top of some of the cutting edge medicine. I hope your mid-week day off allows you for some rest & makes your week shorter. I also hope it gets less humid for you.

CR, even though you have to go in early Thursday, at least you have the holiday off.

As for crazy people, I don't think Walmart has the corner on the market. I have worked at many places dealing with the public; every place I have worked, restaurants, cashiering at a store or at an insurance company dealing with insureds, you run into 'doozeys'. I would think that even places (especially places?) like bridal shops you're going to get people who are very irrational, demanding, wound-up, etc.. (hence the nickname 'Bridezilla') it's just a part of dealing with the public. I DO think we should expect more from people in management. Vana, I hope you are able to find a better job.

Dubs, I'm glad Little Jack is doing well.. I hope your father is better soon.

Scribbles.. I hope the winds are not as bad as you fear. Image Don't let anything important blow away! How's hubby doing? Has he been able to find work yet?

Rowan.. cleaning out the 'old place' is rarely fun. I hope the new washing machine is good for many, many years.

We had a few minutes of rain yesterday.. not enough to register on the rain gauge however. :( It got up to 100F (about 38C) today. basilly.. I feel your pain! Are you getting any rain?

Hello to everyone else!

ImageImageImageImage

RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:05 pm

I love that sig pic of yours, Tooks. Did you have one of Kirk kissing Uhura? :P

Here comes the LOTR

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Linteannaiel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:58 pm

Hellooooo everyone! :hihi:

Once again, I apologize for not posting much lately. I was writing about Disneyland, and I was going to attempt to catch up as well, but I'm really tired, so I'll finish writing another time and post it then. What can I say? Procrastination has always been a talent of mine.. :P

For now, I'm just popping in to wish everyone in the U.S. a Happy4thof July!! :D :yippie: :drink:Image

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday! 8) :D

G'night all! :zzz:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:11 am

:hihi: everyone. Sorry I've been awol recently.

rwhen, I'm sorry there's not better news from your doctor. I hope you can find someone who is prepared to help you. :hug:

I'm driving up to Scotland on Friday (leaving before dawn to miss all the traffic). Today I'm just pottering about the house, getting everything neat and tidy so that when we come back from our holiday, the house isn't a mess. :D Just got my car back from it's service - that only knocked me back £420. :roll: Still, at least my brakes work now! Guess it's a good job I've been doing quite a bit of overtime at work! :D

Tomorrow I'm getting my haircut in the afternoon, and then going to the supermarket to get local food for my parents. My plan was to stay up during the night to stay in night shift mode so that the drive on Friday morning isn't too bad, but apparently my body's not thinking that way! :roll: So instead, I got up at 6 this morning, am planning on getting up at about 5 tomorrow morning, and then about 4-ish on Friday (it's a 6 hour drive and I want to get past Glasgow before rush hour, otherwise the traffic is a nightmare). I can't wait to get there and see my parents and the puppy! :D

Happy 4th of July to all you across the Pond (who are no longer in the Commonwealth ;) For those that are, a belated happy Canada Day. :))
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:46 am

Happy 4th! Canada Day to Canadians, Independence Day to us in the US. Though at times when I see the mess we've made of things, I want to say, you want your colonies back? But they'd take one look and say, naw! :lol:

But we've done good, despite the mess we get into at times.

But you can still shoot off fireworks on the 4th across the pond. Olympics are coming up, and when is Guy Fawkes Day?

Here comes the LOTR

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:08 am

And a windy, rainy HALLOOOOOO da thread!

Thank you to everyone for the Canada Day wishes, alas that lovely day and long weekend is a fast fading memory but a good one. :D

And for all my 'Merican cousins . . . HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!

Image Image Image

May your day be merry and bright . . . wait . . . sorry, wrong Holiday ;) :P:D Have a grand one whatever you have planned (and I hope it includes at least a little sleeping in. ;) ) Oh, and eat a piece of fried chicken for me . . . Image

heliona, safe travels and I hope you have a wonderful holiday up in Scotland with your parents and the puppy. Remember . . . pictures! :D

Dubs, wonderful to hear that both you and Jack are doing so well and I too send along all good wishes for your dad's continuing recovery. :)

rowanberry, huzzah! on the new washer! The clearing out sounds like quite a job, hopefully it'll progress as easily as possible. :)

Lin! Glad you had a great trip and great to see you back. ;)

FRRRRELLLLLLLLLGA!!! :D:D:D

Rose, we didn't end up in Kansas or crushing any witches ;), but we've had power outages all over the city (not at my house, thankfully) and the wind kept me up most of the night. I be one tuckered, tired Scribe today. :zzz: And those "TORC" fireworks are so cool! Where do you find all those amazing smilies?

:hihi: to everyone I missed, please don't take it personal but my brain is still half asleep and my eyes feel like they're falling outta my head.

Have just the best day everyone . . . now I best get back to work. ;)

. . . rushes out . . .

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby heliona » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:00 am

Cock-Robin wrote:Happy 4th! Canada Day to Canadians, Independence Day to us in the US. Though at times when I see the mess we've made of things, I want to say, you want your colonies back? But they'd take one look and say, naw! :lol:

But we've done good, despite the mess we get into at times.

But you can still shoot off fireworks on the 4th across the pond. Olympics are coming up, and when is Guy Fawkes Day?

Naw, we wouldn't take it back. :D We can have fireworks, although of course at the moment, we have to wait until quite late for it to be dark enough up here. Guy Fawkes' night is the 5th November, so we've a wee while to wait yet. :D

Scribbles wrote:heliona, safe travels and I hope you have a wonderful holiday up in Scotland with your parents and the puppy. Remember . . . pictures! :D

Oh yes, there will be a lot of photos! :D
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Dubatuluk » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks for your support of my dad. He just keeps getting better-which, I bet, is why he's so frustrated he can't leave. :P

Jack pics in the 365 blog if anyone wants to view them. :)

Happy forth everyone!
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive