*The Twilight Guild*

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby skyfiery » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:10 am

Welcome back, Liadan! Nice to see you!

Sky
skyfiery
Mariner

Postby A_Simple_Poet » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:57 am

We're not ALL sisters, though some of us are simple poets ... :lol:
A_Simple_Poet
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:45 pm

I am so very happy that you did!! I love when I can see the moon and dance beneath the full moon. I havent been able to since the end of Aug but will again very soon. Only 4 weeks of this air cast and I am healed enough to go with out a cast or support. Dont say anything to the doc but I already walk around the house without the cast. I am doing great but am definately taking it easy. :D

So very happy to see you posting here ASP! :hug:

Liadan I am so thrilled to have you come back to us!! :hug:

Sky I love that piccie!! :hug: I hope you will share more of them with us! :D

Sooooo, where is everyone?? Tell me all about how the moon looks from where you are in the world! :D
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Liadan » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:31 am

well life has been hard but nice also because i grew up...
Liadan
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:17 am

That does have a way of happening to us, doesnt it? I am still so thrilled to see you posting here again!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

So what is everyones dream for the fastly approaching New Year??
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby skyfiery » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:52 pm

Last night, I went to bed while the full moon(?) was still rising. There were few clouds in the sky, and it was a soft midnight-blue, velvety in texture.

The moon was round and very, very clear, and the moonlight spilled beautifully into my room, and on my bed, which is right beside the window.

I went to sleep under the moonlight, and let her take my pain and troubles just for that moment, and be soothed to sleep by her beauty.

It was awesome.

Sky
skyfiery
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:16 pm

We have been so overcast that I was unable to see the full moon this month. :(

I found out that in June we will have another blue moon! That is when you have two full moons in a month. I guess the first of June is a full moon and the 30 is as well. :clap: I cant wait to be able to celebrate it twice in a month.

I will be out of my cast next week and am so anxious to get back to dancing beneath the moon again. I have missed her so. We have had a very harsh winter so far with heavy snow when we usually dont get more then a skiff in Jan. So it will be interesting to see if the sky clears soon so that we can enjoy her smile. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:28 pm

This week there was suppose to be sightings of the Auroras where the skies are clear. Unfortunately we are so over cast that I dont think anything could get through. I am tired of the rain, I need to see the moon again!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Arduina » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:13 pm

Tonight I saw the moon! :clap: It is first quarter moon tonight and we are suppose to have clear skies for a while so just perhaps I will get to witness the full moon this month. I sure hope so!!

How many of you got to see the comet that went past the sun?? I never saw it but I heard it is fanominal to see.

Where are the many faces of those who used to walk these hallowed halls? I miss everyone!
Arduina
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:50 pm

I am back in my own skin/Dress and feeling so much better as myself.

Well, the moon is almost full. Tomorrow night there is the full moon and a Lunar Eclipse as well. I do hope that all of you can get a glimpse of at least part of it. I am hoping our skies clear up some more and that we get the chance to enjoy the full moon if not the other events. I guess that the Aurora Borealis is suppose to be visible as well. So keep your eyes upon the skies and report back what you see. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Hidden_Ring » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:32 am

Regrettably, here on the east coast US, it was all kinds of cloudy and it blocked any chance of viewing the eclipse. Moonlight was still occluded by the clouds several hours later. *grumble, grumble*. I was rather interested in watching it. But oh well, I'm pretty sure I sure I saw the clouds glowing in that kind of rusty orange-brown color during an eclipse.

Plus I was at a Celtic Festival and got to see Brigid's Cross. So that kinda makes up for it.

Smooth sails and happy trails,
OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:45 pm

That is so cool to go to a Celtic Festival!!

Yeah I didnt get to see the moon either. It was cloudy but brighter in the eastern sky. I knew where the moon should have been but we got no glimpse of it or the eclipse which we wouldnt have probably seen anyways. :roll: The moon has to rise over the mountains before we see it at night so the eclipse probably would have already been over. Oh well, I saw it back in 04' when it eclipsed a full moon back then on the west coast.

So tell me about the Celtic Festival please.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Hidden_Ring » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:09 pm

Your wish is my command, dear sister.

The Wheeling Celtic Festival has been running for 11 years now, on the first weekend of March. It's held indoors with vendors tucked in along the walls and corners, a large audience seating area for watching the various performers on the main stage. There is usually a pipe band there (the WV Highlanders from Elkins, WV), some vocal groups/bands, and some dance schools. This year wasn't as nice because it was only one day event, where in times past it has been 3 days.

Brigid's Cross is a popular band that comes to the festival. It's a 3 person group. One guy on fiddle, his wife on keyboards or on bodhran, and the last guy on accostic guitar. They do some of most kinds of music. Traditional Irish, folk, even a little country (such as with their Devil duet: one song called Devil ain't Dead, and it flows right into Devil went down to Georgia.) They have been playing for a decade and know how to work the crowd. These guys are always the closing act of the main day. Other acts were various Irish dance schools, a vocal group called Maidens IV, and some others I didn't always pay attention to.

Some people commented on the fact I wasn't wearing my kilt this year, but I mentioned that since my kilts aren't wool, 32F temps are just a bit "chilly on the willie". That got a laugh and an acceptance of my reasoning.

Oh yes, they also serve Scottish food there, such as colcannon, cabbage and noodles, corned beef, Scottish eggs, and scones. And of course they have Guinness. Not Scottish but Irish and just as good.

OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:43 pm

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!! I wish I could have joined you there for it sounds like it was great!!

:rofl: I love your reasoning for not wearing your kilt this year. I read it to Guru as I laughed and he loved it too. His father this year gave him a full kilt set with sporran and dress coat. Very nice I can hardly wait for the right occasion to get him all dressed up. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby LadyEdana » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:09 pm

I'm back from a long and weary journey. Unfortunately I have not seen as many night skies as I wish since winter nights here in the great bowl are very hazy because of inversion. But I have seen some lovely moons on occassions when the sky clears.
LadyEdana
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:09 am

We have been so overcast that I have missed the moon! :( I am just not myself when I can not see the moon as she circles in her orb. But the weather is getting better so perhaps soon I will get to enjoy a moonlight dance once more. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby LadyEdana » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:03 pm

Maybe one of these days I can take a trip out there and we can dance together. We have a time share that we are trying to visit all the places of so.... Some day.
LadyEdana
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:00 pm

That would be a lovely idea!! I would so enjoy that! :clap:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby LadyEdana » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:24 pm

We first have to go to Texas, I've got family that hasn't had a chance to meet Steve yet, but I'll let you know when we can get up there. :D
LadyEdana
Ranger of the North

Postby Hidden_Ring » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:29 pm

I managed to get a little moonlight dance in tonite as I was walking one of my dogs. In a large old field while listening to Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters". Granted, it was more of a kind of intended stumbling that was in time with the music, also being sung out loud (much to the consternation of the neighboring dogs). Still, quite fun and I may well be doing more with the moon continuing to wax.

I haven't paid enough attention to Luna lately, and I think I feel it way down in my bones. Starved of her light.

OrionHR

Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:13 am

Welcome back dear brother!!

I think I too have been getting the "Neighbors be damned" attitude about my time with the Mother Moon. I may freak them out but then again maybe they will move. :rofl: :clap: I will dance to the moon next that I see her.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby LadyEdana » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:31 pm

LOL Orion, Sounds like a good time. The music choice was good... if not maybe the BEST moon dance music. In my travels I found found a few good ones, Mediaeval Baebes http://www.mediaevalbaebes.com/ , NightWish, Blackmoores Night, and Darkwell. Should check them out. :D
LadyEdana
Ranger of the North

Postby Hidden_Ring » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:18 pm

I have some of Nightwish and I do like them. Apocalyptica is also good for moon dancing. But I quite like some of the more ballad-like of Metallica or Scorpions, particularly Unforgiven I & II and Nothing Else Matters of the former group and Send Me An Angel by the latter.

Another group that could be classed as Modern Savage is called Corvus Corax. VERY good for this.

OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:25 pm

Oh now I have to check out all this music that you two are suggesting!! I love the link that you gave there LadyEdana. I will have to find the music that you mentioned Orion. Though Send me an Angel is one I have loved for a very long time now.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby LadyEdana » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:57 pm

Yes, I fell in love with Medieval Baebes when I first heard them. They mix very well and have done such a good job with the old Cantacles. If I were to go professional.... that's the type of music I would want to do. But I don't want my life being an open book.... :P

Orion That's true I was forgetting the ballads, but I still love the mystical feel of the others. Maybe it's the women's voices.... I don't know.
LadyEdana
Ranger of the North

Postby Hidden_Ring » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:24 pm

I'm putting together a Lunar Dance playlist for my iPod and realised one of the other really good artists for this would be Loreena McKennitt. Kind of a World Artist. Not really sure how else to define her. Do search and you could probably get better results.

OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:30 pm

I love Loreena McKennitt!! I think I have about 6 of her CDs. Perfect music for dancing beneath the moon. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Hidden_Ring » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:22 pm

Oh my I am so stupid-happy right now. I had about 3/4 of a hour solid lunar dancing. I have that most delightful ache in my legs, and grin wide enough that not even a burning baby seal could take it away... no, a burning baby seal probably WOULD take away this grin but you get the point.

It was a big old field, formerly used for growing alfalfa but not currently. Some hill slope, but not TOO severe. But I did manage to provoke the dogs of the neighbor across the road enough that neighbor was out on his porch with a flashlight, trying to see what was agitating the dogs. I dropped to the ground just in case, and didn't sing with the music as much. but oh my, it was fun.

OrionHR

Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:12 pm

Oh man I want to come dance with you!!! I just think that would be so cool to have an open field like that to dance in. I am right here in town and there are neighbors like only feet away from my place. They are usually up late too so it makes it kind of hard to just let loose. Maybe I will talk Guru into taking me to the trail pass where we watch the stars at night since there usually isnt anyone near there. That would be so cool!! I am so jealous!! :P
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby LadyEdana » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:34 pm

It sounds like you had fun Orion.
I've heard of her and heard her music although I don't have any of her CDs. My money is going towards Canon Rebel XT for right... and the next little bit, but it will SO be worth it. I can't WAIT. :roll:

Right now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I would love to go out and dance, but it seems like I don't have the time or the energy. If it doesn't let up soon I gonna really get worried. I'm gonna go in for a massage and some energy work tomorrow, I hope that will help.
LadyEdana
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive