*The Twilight Guild*

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Taramire » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:12 pm

Here's something I wrote yesterday; I was inspired by the night drive home the day before.

The Wondrous Night

The night I’ve longed for has come
The endless day is finally done
What sweet peace awaits
When the horizon, the moon breaks
Venus, beauty bright, shows her majesty
And with gladness I say goodbye to day’s sobriety.
What magic and wonderment to behold
What joys and dreams are left untold
The poor souls who wander throughout the day
Who know little, if any, of the moon’s silver rays
I cry out to them, “Embrace the enchantment of the night!”
For only in the quiet of the night do our true selves come to light
To forsake the light of day and dance to the music of the moon
Holds more wonders and joys than under the garish light of noon.
People may think I’m wild and uncouth, uncivilized and unlearned
But they are the ones who are unlearned, they know only the day’s burden.
Freedom rings in the dark hollows of the night, listen to her sing!
Let fall the bars of the imagination and let fly the fanciful dream.
Taramire
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:23 pm

Oh Tara that is beautiful!! I must say you have a wonderful way with words. Keep writing and summiting your poems here. I love it!!

I havent written much lately but have thought about it again. I have kept a log of my poetry so that I will always have them. I printed off a ton of them back when my first computer started to give out. I will have to find them. I know they are in a box here somewhere.

The twilight is a great inspiration for me. At least I will get to dance once more beneath the full moon before my surgery. It will probably mean a lot more to me also. I pray that the skies will be clear so that I can see the moon then. Unfortunately I dont know if I will be able to dance anymore after the surgery. I still dont know how this will affect my movements of my foot. I would imagine that I wont be able to do some of the things I have enjoyed doing but I will strive to find a way to make up for what I lose. :D

Bright twilight blessings to you all!!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Taramire » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:04 pm

Vana: Thank you so much :hug:, with comments like that I am very much encouraged to write :) . I hope you find your poems, I would love to them.

I know how important it is to see the moon so I'll be praying for clear skies. I think I misted it somewhere, but what is your surgery for?

Tara
Taramire
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:27 am

For the last couple of years I have had extreme pain in my left foot, especially since I work on my feet all day. Finally in May of this year they sent me to an orthopedic surgeon who after just 5 minutes could tell me what was wrong. Seems that I have gotten Rhuematoid Arthritis in my left foot that has cause significant damage. So on the 29th of this month they are going in and fusing the bones of my arch so they wont rub up against each other when I walk. But my foot wont work like normal anymore either. I have been wearing an aircast (removable cast) for the last three months and up till the surgery. Now with the cast I have no pain when I am on my feet but that proves that they need to fuse the bones. So alas I will be unable to put any weight at all on the foot for at least 4 weeks while I start the healing. So I will spend a lot more time here on TORC for the month of September while I wait for the docs okay to walk again and can get back to work. I will probably be in some sort of a cast from now till almost Thanksgiving or longer depending on the outcome of the surgery. :roll:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Taramire » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:25 am

I'm really sorry to hear that :( .I'll be praying that all goes well.
Taramire
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:26 pm

Thank you hon, that means a lot to me!! :hug:

The moon is looking great tonight! It was up in the sky when I got home from work at 7:30 so it is still light out but you can see it is at about three quarters full. I cant wait for the full moon!!! :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby A_Simple_Poet » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:13 pm

Haven't been in for awhile. I have no poem to share but thought I would say hello! :)
A_Simple_Poet
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:52 pm

Glad to have you back ASP!! :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby eamane_helyanwe » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:24 pm

I just found y'all.

I was born at twilight and prefer to work between sunset and sunrise. Does that count?

Vana: you can always let your spirit dance during full moon even if your foot won't allow it. I had to do that after my knee surgery several years ago.
eamane_helyanwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:59 pm

Oh my spirit will soar when the moon is full. I have since learned in talking with the doctor that I shouldnt lose much more use of the foot then I already have. So that was great news to me. :D

Welcome eamane_helyanwe!! Do you have a nick name that you would like us to call you?? Tell us some about you but remember that is you are under the age of 18 that you cant tell us your age. So that part is totally up to you, but tell us what you like and what the twilight means to you.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby eamane_helyanwe » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:18 pm

Thanks for the nice welcome. I don't have a nickname, Eamane's fine.

I'm so far beyond 18 that I really don't remember much of it. :rofl:

Since I was born at Twilight, that seems to be the time I start to mentally wake up each day, no matter what time society dictates that I have to be out of bed.

As an actress and a writer, I do all of my writing and most of my scene study after midnight. That's when I at my most creative. I didn't find this out till I went off to college and got to set my own hours.
eamane_helyanwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:38 am

Thank you for your introduction. An actress and a writer, that is so cool! :D

Do you feel drawn to a certain season as well because of when you were born?

I myself, was born at the twilight in early spring and so am drawn not only to the twilight where I feel the most comfortable but also to spring and summer. The colors of the twilight, hues of purple, pink and blue are the colors I am most comfortable in as well. I also love to paint and play music. I love to dance beneath the full moon as my beloved plays his harp for me.

I understand the age thing as I am many years past my 18th. But I still feel like I am 16 in my soul. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby eamane_helyanwe » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:21 pm

I'm very much "tuned-in" to certain times of the year, just as I am to different times of the day. I never have been and never will be a morning person.

I've always said that I like each season for what unique to that season. The new life in the spring, longer days to play in the summer, the closeness of family in autumn, and in the shortest days of winter the promise of new life that comes again in spring. That being said, I'm still partial to the end of October, my aunt and I were both born on the 28th.

I find that my inner child comes out more in the summer. I suppose that's a holdover from my days in school, but I still like to go out to play. Because of the shorter nights I'm less creative in the summer, so I guess it's a trade-off. I don't complain since it keeps me young.
eamane_helyanwe
Shield Bearer

Postby skyfiery » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:25 pm

Welcome in, eamane_helyanwe. :)

I can't remember what time I was born. But as a child, I was intensely afraid of the night and the dark for unknown reasons. I should say that I came into the twilight and my love for it as I grew up. And I'm glad I did.

Sky
skyfiery
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:27 pm

Welcome home Sky darlin!!! :hug:

Yes each season has it good and bad but I hate to be cold so winter is definately a turn off for me. I moved from where we got lots of snow to a place where we get more rain instead and the temperatures are more temperate. The fluctuation in temps instead of -15 to 105 farenheit to 32 to 90 as the extremes. I almost never have to wear anything heavier then a sweater or sweatshirt and that suits me just fine. The rain keeps things green so I dont mind the dreary rain. We get loads of sun breaks as the days go by. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Elbereth_Tintalle » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:36 am

Hello Vana and Sky, my sweet Sisters:*

Just wanted to say hello and to tell you that I quit my work on ships. I can be also back to TORC since I have normal internet connection at home. This week I start my new job at Music School :D
Sky, Sweetheart, I am so sorry to not talk to you so long.. but I don't have messenger in my computer since last year and I guess I've lost my account in it. I guess I will try to make a new one, but before I do that I just want you to know I have still the same e-mail:)
Lately I have been trying to bring my beloved girlfriend to post here also, but she is still too shy thinking her English is too poor for Torc. But I hope I can encourage her to join me anyway^^

Big hugs to you all :D

Elbie
Elbereth_Tintalle
Rider of the Mark

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:52 am

Elbereth!!!!! I am so very happy to see you again!!! :hug: :clap: I am so glad that you are back!! I sure missed you hon!!

An update for everyone:
I came through my surgery just fine. I will not be able to walk for about 10 weeks but I have whats called a roller buddy so that I can get around. My foot still hurts a fair amount since my main painkiller was stolen by my neighbor. The police have been brought in on it and I should be getting the medicine again today. I see the doc this afternoon to get a regular cast put on the foot now.

I love you all!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby skyfiery » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:07 pm

Vana and Elbie: I'm glad to see two of my closest Twilight sisters back here! :) *hugs tight to both*

I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well, Vana. Please remember to rest, and not overstrain the wound of the surgery. I think we're all prone to restlessness, but 10 weeks of incapitation is better than a lifetime of problems. *hugs*

I've missed you A LOT, Elbie. :cry2: Was wondering what happened with your messenger. I emailed you before, but didn't get any reply, and was worrying a bit also. *hugs* Glad you posted here. :) And I'll be waiting to hear from you soon! :)

And oh, let your girlfriend know we're all very friendly people. :)

Sky
skyfiery
Mariner

Postby Elbereth_Tintalle » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:13 am

Sweet Vana, I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems... Hope you'll be better soon and these all weeks will pass soon and you will walk again... - hugs!
Dear Sky, I've been preparing a loong email for you :)
I'm really happy to be here back...

Little off topic, but please, help me, my Sisters^^ Does anyone know what is current e-mail address to Torc administration? Jonathan or Ted? My girlfriend is waiting inpatiently for activation and she haven't got it for 4 days now. We start to worry...
Elbereth_Tintalle
Rider of the Mark

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:02 pm

Thank you for your concern guys!! :hug: I know I will be getting much better very fast.

Elbereth see if this helps get ahold of him! jonathan@theonering.com

I cant wait to meet your girlfriend hon!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Elbereth_Tintalle » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:45 pm

Thank you so much, Vana!
Let the stars shine always upon you!
Elbereth_Tintalle
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elindil » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:54 am

It's me, it's me, Elindil! xD <BUM BUM BUM> Oops <something black and tall appeared> . Erm, ekhem ekhem. I'm Elindil, Noldo Elindil. <threw out dictionary through the window>. Hello all :).
I'm an elf, sculptor, warrior, hunter. As every other elf I love night sky and stars, also because of personal reasons ;) . So I think - it's guild for me :). Aiya, lómendili!
Elindil
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Elbereth_Tintalle » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:19 am

Welcome to Twilight World, my Sweetheart :**** I'm so happy you are here with me!!!

Elbereth embraced her beloved Elindil and holding their hands they came to Twilight Sisters.
- I would like to introduce my dearest Elindil to you all. From now on, she becomes one of us, as she is part of my heart.
They bowed before Vana, Sky and all Twilight Sisters surrounding them and smiled happily.
Elbereth_Tintalle
Rider of the Mark

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:24 pm

Mae Govannen Elindil!! :hug:

Let me be the first to greet you and welcome you with open arms into this guild. We the followers and seekers of the Twilight are thrilled to be chosen by you as a family here upon the boards. Hugs and kisses Elindil upon the cheeks and then embraces Elbereth's hand and Elindil's hand with hers

I am so happy to see you returning Sweet Sister Elbereth and to be bringing someone who means so much to you along is a double treat.

I feel the need to compose a poem to commemorate this date and the love we all have for eht twilight and each other. :D I will post it later when I finish it.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby skyfiery » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:58 pm

Welcome to the Twilight, Elindil! It's very much the pleasure and honor to meet you! :) *group hug*

Thank you for bringing Elindil and introducing her, Elbie. :) I'll be awaiting your long email. ;)

As Vana will be composing a poem, let me welcome the both of you with a picture I took of the sunset, where Twilight emerges and calls us to meet and dance with its song:

Sky :)
skyfiery
Mariner

Postby eamane_helyanwe » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:55 am

Welcome to the family Elindil. Image

Love the photo Sky.
eamane_helyanwe
Shield Bearer

Postby skyfiery » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:59 pm

eamane_helyanwe wrote:Love the photo Sky.

Thank you. :)

Sky
skyfiery
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:29 pm

I know this isnt much but here is what I have so far:

As the summer wanes
the sun grows cold
the moon still shines
as in the days of old

Fall comes on
for the autumn days
The full moon glows
in her glorious ways

the family grows
yet with loves anew
so now we say
that we welcome you

dance here now
at twilights gleam
swiftly with grace
as a midnight dream

joy in the soul
love on the face
for freely we dance
within this space

Welcome to all our Twilight sisters! :hug:

Will do something more fitting later!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:18 pm

How many of you were able to enjoy the Harvest Moon on Friday??

It is the full moon closest to the northern autumnal equinox. Long
ago, before electric lights, farmers relied on the Harvest Moon to
light up their fields at night, allowing them to harvest autumn crops even
after sunset.

The Harvest Moon of 2006 is a big one--almost 12% wider than some full
Moons we've seen earlier this year. Why? Because the Moon is near
perigee, the side of the Moon's lopsided orbit that comes closest to Earth.

It was beautiful!! :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Liadan » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:32 am

I have been going through this thread for the past hour or so and it really made me realize how happy posting here and talking to all my twilight sisters made me.

i am truly back... and i have missed everyone. ive missed the poetry, words and long, long talks. i hope they can continue... vana, sky, elbereth... so good to see your names!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

welcome newer members!!!

Liadan.

PS Vana, you KNOW i saw that moon... :)
Liadan
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive