The Merry Bowmen of Dale II - May be locked

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Menon » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:29 pm

Menon grinned. Bryttar was loosening up – finally. He always knew underneath the polished exterior and knightly training was a real, down-to-earth bloke. Yes, he thought they could become fast friends.

…well anyway she and Zhyranon have both had their hands full trying to keep the man from getting his hands full…

This made Menon laugh out loud! He did know the type and he could imagine.

As Bryttar set down the ale mugs and posed his question, Menon glanced around, making sure it was all right to carry on this ‘in-character-but-off-thread’ theme. No Thread Police were looming so…

“Thanks, first off.” He said, lifting his mug and toasting his fellow Rider. “Yeah, the Club, soon, we’ll have it open soon. Of course Bardy’s working with you over in the YA thread, so I don’t expect to see her much. You will, though.” He said into his mug. “She’s good to work with, despite all the dramatic conflict our writer throws at her. Call me, anytime if you think things are getting her down. She's sensitive, keeps things in.” Menon took a long swig. “Two days? They set all that down in two days? I think that is a record.” A sly grin overtook Menon’s face, “So, Bryttar, got any RP spoilers? Plot hints? Anything??”

It was then that Gorin arrived, causing a stir in the Guildhouse – a well deserving stir, that is.

The Riders stood and exchanged greetings with the Master Dwarf and listened to Bardhwyn tell her tale of Bowmen past to the present.

It was then, uncannily, a messenger from King Bard II’s court arrived, red faced and winded from climbing the long slope on which the Guild sat, and he carried a startling dispatch.

Bardhwyn took it and read it, scanning the script quickly. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped slightly. She turned to those in the hall and exclaimed:

“Lysandros has been sighted! In a place called ‘The Choirs of Eru’. The rumors are true – and he is alive and well.”

http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic. ... 50#3449450

As to whether his ears were aflame when 'sighted', I think that we may just leave that to legend. Though trusted sources claim he had a size 7 1/2 boot imprint on his butt. :D
Menon
Shield Bearer

Postby Bardhwyn » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:31 pm

Pleased by the news, Bardhwyn read the dispatch second time, just to make she didn't miss anything of relevance. She returned, smiling, to the table and handed the scroll to SilverScribe for her to read, if she chose.

Bardhwyn looked to Frelga, SilverScribe and lastly to Gorin, who had fallen silent.

"Alas, Gorin, all our old companions are on journeys that take them far from us and our shared memories."
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Teltasarewen » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:55 pm

Telta rolled over onto her back and stretched, feeling more relaxed than she had in a very long time. Could it have been the unnaturally long sleep after the drinking? Quite possibly.

She felt no ill effects from the drink and slid her feet off the edge of the bed. Running a hand through her long tresses she stood and made her way out the door of the room she was in. Strange she thought, leaving the room for she did not remember coming into the room.

Familiar voices reached her as she moved down the stairs...
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby IamMoose » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:35 am

HellO! I was invited to stop in over here so, erm, here I am. Do I get a welcome pack?! *breaks unashamedly into the role playing *
IamMoose
Mariner

Postby Bardhwyn » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:52 am

Hail and well met, Moose! You carry the colors of Dale and are welcome here.

Everyone, this is Moose, a Barding I met on my travels. ;)

This is the Guildhouse of the Merry Bowmen of Dale, Moose. Sit down make yourself comfortable here at the table and I will ask one of the Dwarves to put together a 'welcome pack'. :D

Gorin, you've gone very quiet, my friend. I hope my tales haven't been too disappointing for you. In fact everyone has been sobered by my tales.

*Looks up, through the large entry way and towards the Guilds broad stair*

I hear someone coming!
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby SilverScribe » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:51 pm

clomps into the Guildhouse, unslings a young yearling deer from over her shoulder, then goes back out and returns rolling a keg . . .

Aha!! Here it is nearly a new year and methinks, time for a long deserved feast! We can welcome new members . . . bows to IamMoose . . . and toast long lost prodigal members too . . . tips her hood to Gorin and Telta . . .

And if we wish very, very hard, perhaps our long lost comrade in arms, Thenie of Rohan, will once again grace the Hall.

Now, excuse me while I dig a roasting pit for this young buck here. In the meantime, someone broach that keg and fetch clean mugs. We have a New Years party to start!

:D:D:D

Edited to add: Oooo, anyone notice we're under 50 posts from the limit? :shock:

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Canamarth » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:46 am

Wow. Must have been a New Year's Party. Can't remember anything. In fact, it really felt like two New Year's Parties wrapped into one long celebration. Anyway, glad I finally woke. So, who else is hiding in the woodwork?

The Mistress Archer, yawns and stretches, has a slight panick attack as she thinks she has misplaced her bow, only to find it hanging right where she left it on the pail above her seat.

Definitely need some fresh air and some target practice.

She sets off towards the range in the backyard.
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:49 am

comes in and rubs her eyes . . .

Canamarth??? CANAMARTH!!

grabs her bow and quiver and troops out after the Mistress Archer . . .

How FABULOUS to see your name again! Hmmm, yeah, seems that keg of Dwarven Ale was extra strong, knocked everyone out and then some . . . ;)

SilverScribe

Postby Canamarth » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:28 am

Canamarth strings her bow, bends it a few times, then releases an arrow onto a target in middle-distance. It is off centre by half an inch.

By Orome, it has been long, hasn't it?

She needs another two shots to hit the mark true.

Good that no one saw tha... Oh, hey there Scribe. How did you get through the last festivities? Up for a bit of practice yourself? I'm actually thinking about opening house for a competition again. I think we should at least make some sort of effort before the next party. ;)

Yeah, I know it's been quite a while. But as you said before - there's been a real life attack that included a move, getting a job, a relationship, a new haircut, and two cats. :D
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby The,real,Maeglin » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:36 am

Hello everyone :D

Maeglin slowly flexes his muscles, having a sore neck and the feeling that a troll drumband is giving a performance in his head

Must have been very strong ale as it knocked me unconscious for over a year.. :P

I am back, and will as promised attend the contest, trying very hard to not shoot any innocent bystander.. :P

Takes out of his private stash in the guildhall his aragorn dummy and places it at the shooting range. "Let's see if I still have the touch".
The,real,Maeglin
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:26 am

Don't let rwhen see that target, Maeglin! ;)

Glad you could join us. smooch! I'll see if a few more people show up before we start with the contest. Gives us more time to practice.

Canamarth moves over to start practicing on the far distance targets. Instead of her target she hits the dummy right between the eyes.

:oops: I was... a bit distracted. Must be Maeglin's evil influence. And how I love it! :angeldevil:
Last edited by Canamarth on Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:46 pm

Scribbles sketches a shallow bow to the Mistress Archer. "Oh yes, I got through the 'festivities' just fine. Decided to go on a bit of a hike while the rest of you mortals were sleeping it off . . . ;)

She grins wickedly at Maeglin's choice of target, strings her elven longbow and puts two shafts into the dummy, one in each eye . .

"Never did like the way he looked at me . . ." she chuckled to herself.

:P:D:D:D

SilverScribe

Postby SmaugsBane » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:42 pm

As Dirk had recently given up on his enchanted Mirkwood-yew bow and gifted it to a lad much more deserving than himself, he refrained from joining the archery activity. He did however, raid the Guildhouse 'fridge and, with arms laden with sandwich-making supplies and bottles of Newcastle, he entered the backyard, leaving the gate open behind him.

Soon, he was sitting at an umbrella-covered table near the frigid pool and spreading mayonnaise on thick slabs of seven-grain bread. After piling on the ham, turkey, roast beef, bacon, lettuce and tomato, Dirk topped the sandwich with a sprinkling of olive oil, balsamic vinegar (aged 12 years), sea salt, and black pepper. He then applied the top half of the bread, removed his bootknife, cut the huge sandwich in half at a jaunty bias and placed it on the plate beside a massive garlic-dill pickle. The young Bow(less)man proceeded to cover the rest of his plate with sea salt and malt vinegar flavored organic Kettle Chips ("crisps" for you folks on the other side of the Atlantic). He then lifted one half of the sandwich and took a large bite. Setting the sandwich back on the plate, he took a bottle of the Brown Ale, opened it between the hilt and the blade of Neleg Amlug and took a deep pull.

"Hey!" he shouted with an overly-full mouth, spraying bits of ale-soaked bread and lettuce, "An'wun hungwy or thiwfty?"
Rest In Peace, Dirk. 2002-2013
Sig Pic by Lynx

Guild Steward of the Mithril Knights
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby The,real,Maeglin » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:48 am

:oops: I missed the smooches of my lady , smooch back :wink:

Enjoys the sight of the dummy with a neat row of arrows in his head, smiling wickedly back to SilverScribe and his lady

I do not think i can top that but lets see how bad it will be.

Maeglin carefully aims his longbow, his muscles feeling sore just from pulling the string back, and lets and arrow fly

:shock: :shock:

*cough* well... ehm... atleast our dummy will not be making any children in the future....

Maeglin quickly turns around and appears highly interested in the food

Shadowbane, about that food, i think it is a very good time to start eating right now. Good to see you btw. :wink:
The,real,Maeglin
Ringbearer

Postby Leoba » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:23 am

Thunk… Maeglin’s arrow hit home. The peels of laughter that ensued caused Leoba to look up and out through the vast sash window of the library into the yard.

“How come no one told me there was target practice?” Leoba laid her book on the nearby table and pushed herself up out of the deep leather chair in which she’d been ensconced for the better part of War and Peace. She indulged in a luxuriant full-body stretch that would have impressed even Queen Beruthial’s kitties. The she headed out and down the hallway to join the suddenly sprightly Bowmen and Women. She flicked back her long chestnut mane of hair, deftly plaiting it up out of the way as she went, and grabbed her bow off the hook as she passed.

"An'wun hungwy or thiwfty?" There was Dirk, perched on the patio, tucking into a monster sandwich. Leoba crept up behind the long-haired layabout and nudged him in the posterior with the end of her bow, through a gap in his chair. Taking shameless advantage of his distraction, she ducked round and helped herself to a fistful of his crisps. Then she scampered away, with a deliberate little wiggle in her walk that he may have been too irritated to notice. ;)

“Hey guys, can anyone play?” Leoba called out, as she stood warming the length of her bow, watching the continuing wanton destruction of the scruffily gorgeous Aragorn cut-out.

[OOC: Hey Canamarth - it only took me half a week to get my sorry self in here. I am assuming that I can just pick this up as though Leoba was hanging around the Guildhouse somewhere ;) Oh and SB, we’re not so ignorant here as you might think – we call them Kettle Chips too - but we eat them with our mouths closed. :P].
Leoba
Mariner

Location: Troubadour of Ithilien, dwelling within sight of Weathertop

Postby Canamarth » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:18 am

"Play what?" Canamarth inquired, still wiping away the tears of laughter resulting from her knight's excellent marksmanship. Sometimes she felt she still hadn't mastered the Common Tongue as much as she would have liked to.

She spotted Dirk munching his way through some strangely looking sandwich. "Where's your bow and arrows? You don't think you'll get away with just sitting and watching, do you? We keep spares in our armoury, you know."

"Now tell me," she asked the group at large. "Who's interested in a little competiton? Nothing fancy like last time but I'll think of a nice prize for the winner."
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby The,real,Maeglin » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:27 am

Oi lady Leoba joined us now as well again, I forgot in how good company I started drinking a year ago. :lol:

"I am up for the competition my lady

"I just can not promise to keep
missinglike that "
The,real,Maeglin
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:06 am

Wonderful, the first contestant! Anyone going to challenge the King of the World?
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:38 pm

Oi Oi Oi....what HAVE you done to my Aragorn? That was a nasty piece of business to start with Maeglin!!!

stomps onto the archery ground and retrieves said dummy and drags it back to the sidelines

Here this is better anyway...

drags a dummy of "Gimli Axe Wielder" (the TORC one) and properly hangs it on the nail

Okay...Now I am ready for some sideline cheering.

:clap:

Did someone mention food? :twisted:

*starts tossing apples in the air to see if any of these sharp shooters can snag one mid-air*

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Canamarth » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:03 am

An apple explodes in mid-air as an arrow flies right through it. Dirk is showered with little tasty pieces.

[spooky timeshift]

"Hail and well met, rhwen," the Mistress Archer said. "So glad you could join us. Now, about that new target. I'm afraid it's too small. We're all a bit rusty, you know, and wouldn't want to embarass ourselves..." She took the dummy off the nail and put it into Oi's care.

"Besides," she whispered to rhwen, "our housekeeper would probably go berserk if someone shot at a dwarven dummy. He's kind of touchy when it comes to relatives."

A little louder, Canamarth added: "What about, instead of cheering from the sidelines, which I'm sure you're fantastic at - you take up a bow and arrows and participate in the competition? It's not just about the skill and practice, you know. The best of our archers, including me, have been known to lose to the man, woman or elf, who kept the clearest head on that particular day. And the elves usually have a slight advantage anyway - they've had a lot more time to practice!" ;)
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby The,real,Maeglin » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:25 am

An obvious distressed Maeglin, who saw the second dummy being dragged away without any shot being fired at it , followed his lady to see where she would hide the dummy

"I might not fire AT the Gimli dummy, but no one told me not to put fire ON it".

A loud,omnious, still a bit rusty from lack of practice "Mhwuahahaa" could be heard from inside the guildhouse.
The,real,Maeglin
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:30 pm

Scribbles waved to Leoba as she sprinted onto the field, leaving Dirk sputtering over the theft of his 'crisps'. She was somewhat disappointed when rwhen dragged the Aragorn dummy away, but gamely shot down three apples in rapid succession.

"I'll shoot them, but I won't retrieve them," she chuckled. "Not unless they grow feathers and turn into nice, fat ptarmigen." ;)

She watched maeglin drag the Gimli dummy off, guessing that he had evil intents involving some sort of flammable fluid and a torch . . . Turning back to Canamarth, she grinned.

"I'm game for a bit of competition. Been a while so I could use the practice."

:D

SilverScribe

Postby Leoba » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:23 am

" Oh yes, count me in", Leoba grinned at Lady Canamarth. "Just give me a chance to remember what I'm doing first!"

She only took a moment to string her bow before selecting one of her woad-blue fletched arrows and sending it spinning into the outer reaches of the nearer target.

"Oh botheration", the lady of Ithilien muttered under her breath.

She gave it another try, this time making a conscious effort to filter out the look Dirk was giving her from his patio citadel. The concentration paid off and she hit the mark true.
Leoba
Mariner

Location: Troubadour of Ithilien, dwelling within sight of Weathertop

Postby Canamarth » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:07 am

"As long as you don't torch the whole Guildhouse!" Canamarth cried after Maeglin.

"Glad you're joining, SilverScribe and Leoba. I'll get back to you with the rules any time now. Let's just see if we find another one or two contestants."

"And nice shots all around!" Canamarth went over to snatch a larger piece of apple from Dirk's shoulder. "Mmm. Tasty."

Contestants for our little archery practice so far:

Maeglin
SilverScribe
Leoba

Entry is still open! And everyone is welcome.
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby SmaugsBane » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:12 pm

Troubador Tart wrote:with a deliberate little wiggle in her walk

Dirk sits agog for several moments. It is not a pretty picture, as Brown Ale-soaked bread, cheese and Mayonnaise are visible within his gaping maw. A moment later, Dirk did not even notice that sticky apple pulp had cascaded over his hair and face.

All he could see was a rear view of Leoba at the line, making her bowstring hum.
Rest In Peace, Dirk. 2002-2013
Sig Pic by Lynx

Guild Steward of the Mithril Knights
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby Canamarth » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:24 am

"Oi, Dirk!" Canamarth shouted. The dwarf came running out of the guildhouse. "No, not you Oi. Not Oi as in Oi and Dirk but oi as in hey, Dirk." The dwarf looked confused. "Never mind. Maybe you should go back in and check what Maeglin's up to." Oi, still confused, shrugged his shoulders and went back in.

"Now, you, Dirk. Eyes on this bow!" she pushed a wonderfully crafted ashen longbow into the man's hands. "You're going to participate, aren't you?" Canamarth held him in a stare that made clear that an objection was not a wise option.

:P
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:04 pm

Well I had thought seriously about being in the competition, so I went to my closet and dressed out in my best duds:

My Archer Self

But I decided to just be the serving wench to you archer types...

May I Take Your Order

*leaves breads and nuts with a broached keg for the contestants*

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:13 pm

Gee, couldn't we have a Serving Mensch for the other half of us? You know, some nice strapping lad from Rohan with flowing locks, nicely muscled and dressed in something leather and fetching?

SilverScribe

Postby Frelga » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:23 am

SilverScribe wrote:Gee, couldn't we have a Serving Mensch for the other half of us? You know, some nice strapping lad from Rohan with flowing locks, nicely muscled and dressed in something leather and fetching?

I could see if Dacil is available (points to siggie). Although he is more suitable for a bouncer position. ;)

:hihi: everyone! Great to see this guild moving again. :hihi:
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back... Can't say no forever right?"
―Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Canamarth » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:20 am

"Hail and well met again, Frelga. It's been quite a while. Make yourself comfortable, by all means. We apparently have a beautiful elven lady serving us drinks. :thumbsup: That should be a change to our usual Oi. And - You can also join the archery competiton." ;) Canamarth tried to move Frelga towards the range inconspicuously

"So, the Scribe digs blondes? I'll see what I can do."
Canamarth
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive