The Merry Bowmen of Dale II - May be locked

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Bardhwyn » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:28 pm

Ah, my friend my comment about the state of the Hall was in no way a criticism. Just an observation. I am grateful for your kind attention and for the stalwart fidelity of the Dwarves who have stayed on! I believe the Mistress and Master Archer would say the same, were they here.

Bardy looks around, her face edged with sadness.

So many memories, eh? And a few Dirk sightings, eh? Ha ha...and a son!
So that makes the boy 1/4 Wraith? Smiles mischeviously. Well, let's hope we hear more of the offspring of Smaug's Bane. I saw a rattle made of dragon's bone in the Market on my way here, perhaps I will go back and buy it.

Nachos, you say!! Hmm, best switch from the mead to an ale, then.

See that far wall there, the one to the right as you face the kitchens. Well, I think its time we graced those walls with the portraits of our illustrious membership. Let's see, yes... from left to right I can see portraits of The Mistress Archer and our Founding Member, then the Master Archer, in all his illustriousness :roll: to the right of her. Then Meaglin, followed by Themedes... I guess yours truly would be next, though there may have been other members who came and went before me...

OI! Get me the Mistress Archer's register!

Who would be next? Why, Scribe I believe it would be YOU! :D

We need to commission a painter.
Last edited by Bardhwyn on Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Rholarowyn » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:20 pm

Hello again to you Bardy and Hi Scribbles it's good to see you too.

Scribbles, my Rohirrim has greatly missed having a good conversation with you. :)

Irvi, it’s nice to meet you and a word of warning…what ever you do, DO NOT EVER use the words Scribe and Lady in the same sentence. :wink:

Frelga, hello, it’s nice to meet you. :)

I’m recovering from some minor surgery today and so while I feel the RP juices going I’m not even going to attempt to follow the details here since Bardy’s first post yesterday other than to say:

*Rho pulls up a chair and sets herself down with a much need mug of ale all the while enjoying the company of old friends as well as meeting some new ones!*

So True the Arrow, So Steady the Hand

No word in your quiver goes errant,
no thought from your bow is misspent,
no image falls short of your target,
so true are the arrows thus sent.
Your heart with a steady compunction
pulls the bowstrings few others could ply,
your story does more than just function--
your steady hand helps my heart fly!

Thank you Parm for your wonderful poem. :heart:

Sharing another adventure with Eari in the Scriptorium: Once There Were Words
Rholarowyn
Warrior Bard of the White Tower

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:56 pm

claps Bardy on the shoulder

Ah, now I know you weren't making any accusations, but the place really has gotten rather dusty. Maybe I should have just paid the kitchen dwarves extra, LOL . . . ;)

Rho, hope the minor surgery is healing well, and your Rhohirrim has been missed as well. ;) :D

Hmmm, portraits? Gee, won't we need one of Gorin the Toymaker too? And what about the other guests . . . like the Lady Leoba . . .

takes a huge plate of nachos and hollers for another ale

I could get to like this . . .

:D:D:D

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Rholarowyn » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:24 pm

Hey Scribbles...the healing is going well since the surgery was finished about 5 hours ago. Seems I have the priviledge of IMing with Bardy tonight, and posting a few posts here on TORC do indeed seem to be helping with the healing process. Well... when you are ready for some intellectual RPing converstion lets get those two together. :)

Rholarowyn

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:31 pm

Rholarowyn wrote:Hey Scribbles...the healing is going well since the surgery was finished about 5 hours ago. Seems I have the priviledge of IMing with Bardy tonight, and posting a few posts here on TORC do indeed seem to be helping with the healing process. Well... when you are ready for some intellectual RPing converstion lets get those two together. :)

Woohoo!

And as soon as I can drag my poor shell-shocked muse out of the closet she's hiding in, you got a deal. :D I'm always good for a little intellectual RP conversation . . . right Bardy? ;)
SilverScribe

Postby Bryttar » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:35 pm

Scribe, I'm looking forward to it!

Bryttar
Shield Bearer

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:39 pm

ROFL!!! Oooo, the handsome cousin appears!! I was wondering if you'd make an appearance . . . Now I wonder if Menon will sneak in as well . . . =:)
SilverScribe

Postby Rholarowyn » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:51 pm

One can hope!

I"m heading off now but thanks for the conversation Bardy and for the post here Scribbles. Tonight felt a little like the old days and it was nice to feel that way again. I will talk to you both again soon.

Last edited by Rholarowyn on Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rholarowyn

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:53 pm

Yeah, I need to think about some sleep myself. I'm coming down with a cold and didn't get a wink last night.

It was great to see everyone in here! Hopefully, the re-union will last for a while yet . . .

SilverScribe

Postby Rholarowyn » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:03 pm

Bardy my computer hung before I offically had a chance to say goodnight and now I don't know if my IM messages are getting through, so I will say goodnight here and thanks for the chat. :hug:

Scribbles, you name was no longer on my IM list so I tried adding you to it tonight, this is when my computer hung. You name is appearing on my list now. I hope to catch you later. :)

Sweet Dreams everyone. :zzz:

Rholarowyn

Postby Menon » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:33 pm

My ears are burning.

Who mentioned my name?

Sees Bardy at the table.

Where in all the flaming fields of Rohan have you been? You just LEAVE, never send a message. We're all left wondering if you're ALIVE or DEAD or SOMETHING IMBETWEEN!! Did you even THINK about anyone else?? You are the most infuriating woman I have ever...

"Missed me, did ya?", Bardy asked with a flutter of her eyelids, cutting the Rohirrim off as deftly as turning a tap.

Yes. Very much. *looks around* Rho?! Bryttar!??? WELCOME BACK. And a new guest, an Amrothian from the looks of your dress.

I really am not one to complain am I? I have been away as well. *Looks around the Great Hall* Place needs some attention, doesn't it?
Last edited by Menon on Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Menon
Shield Bearer

Postby SilverScribe » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:41 pm

"MENON!!"

The Scribe saunters in from the kitchen where she had been 'suggesting' menu ideas, and clapped the tall Rider on the shoulder.

Well dress me in silks and call me . . . no never mind . . . how the heck have you been? It's been far too long since we've been surrounded by the fine men of Rohan eh wot?

winks at him , plunks down on a bench by the fire and looks from him to Bryttar and back again

Soooo, what news from the Riddermark? ;)

SilverScribe

Postby Menon » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:51 pm

No wait, let me finish that sentence:

Dress you in silks and call you a....Hmmm... there is a word that comes to mind, starts with an 'L'...

*Scribbles flashes a deep, withering stare*

Now, now, just kidding. We can't be stirring up conflict within the first ten minutes of our all being together, now can we? How RP can you get? I do have to say Scribe, you're looking well preserved as always.

So, as to news. *Looks at Bryttar* I heard the Queen of the Mark is pregnant again.
Menon
Shield Bearer

Postby Bryttar » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:43 am

Sitting back with his feet resting upon the empty chair in front of him, Bryttar relaxes with a half full mug of ale resting in his lap throughly enjoying the friendly banter until he hears these words:

...I heard the Queen of the Mark is pregnant again.

Quickly taking his feet of the chair, Bryttar sits up, places his mug upon the nearby table and stare into it for a moment. Then he looks over at the other Rohirrim.

"Damn, Mennon, there is something so utterly disturbing that you of all people are the bearer of that news!"

Bryttar
Shield Bearer

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:23 pm

Bryttar wrote:"Damn, Mennon, there is something so utterly disturbing that you of all people are the bearer of that news!"

Scribbles finds a comfy chair and plunks down, stretching her long legs out and crossing them at the ankles. She balances a fresh flagon of frothy, nut-brown ale on one thigh and looks from one Rohirrim to the other.

"The implications of that statement are nothing short of verrrry interesting. Now this is one exchange I'm not about to miss . . . "

;)

SilverScribe

Postby Frelga » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:53 am

Frelga backs away into a doorway (was there a doorway? there is now) clutching her ale. Queen of Mark? Implications? She is horrified, but with a hint of delicious fascination mixed in. Like Scribe, she is not about to miss this exchange.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Menon » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:35 am

Puzzled, Menon watched as Scribbles, the newly arrived Frelga, Bardy, Rho and the Amrothian guest, Ivri all collect around the Great Hall’s fireplace.

“ Implications? I don't see...", Menon looked about. "Why should it be disturbing? I can bring important news as well as the next man…..”

“Aye, I am sure there are a great many things you can do as well as the next man, Menon.” Bardy quipped, dipping her nose into her cup as she spoke.

The roars of laughter that follow only serve to make the Rider more confused... :? :?

Hail and well met, Frelga - Sister of the Mark! Yes there are a great many doors one can back through in the Hall. :wink: There is one in the far right corner that is the cellars, though.. be careful if you back into that one - it is a long trip down!

Where did Ivri go, did we lose our first houseguest already?? :shock:
Menon
Shield Bearer

Postby Frelga » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:15 am

"Pleasure to meet you, Menon," Frelga replies, inclining her head to the Rohirrim. "I thank you for your warning. You need not have worried, though. I have a small boy at home. There is a sort of extra sense that a mother develops, of all the dark and dangerous places, like stairs behind doorways." She blushes as she realizes that she's rambling and raises her ale glass to Rholarowyn to return her greeting. "Well met, Rholarowyn. Menon, please forgive my interruption. Do go on with your tale."
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:50 am

Menon wrote: Where did Ivri go, did we lose our first houseguest already?? :shock:

Hmmm, maybe they're handing out gift packs of Kubasa and Maple Syrup in the Canadian Guild again . . . ;) 8) No worries, she has a delightful ability to show up just as you begin to miss her . . :)

takes another healthy swig of ale and fixes Menon with an interested look

"Yes, Menon, DO go on with your tale . . . "

=:) :D:D:D
SilverScribe

Postby Menon » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:52 pm

*more sniggers from all around*

Slowly the 'implications' dawn on him...

:shock:

Oh, now wait a minute, you think...just because... and I have been away and I come back and say the Queen is pregnant... that you think I...! Oh, you lot! You lot are too much. I could never...

*blushes red*

Not that I 'could never', of course I can, and I have... I mean not with the Queen...

*blushes more*

Not that the woman isn't fair, I mean she's very fair... very lovely in fact...I would be a fool to...

*his face turns a sharp vermillion*

I better quit while I'm ahead. :|
Menon
Shield Bearer

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:39 pm

ROFL!!!! yeah, I just bet you HAVE too . . .

Finally figured it out, eh? ;) :P

SilverScribe

Postby Menon » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:52 pm

*rolls eyes*

What can I say, I have been away for too long a while and my wits, alas, have dulled. Thirty minutes in the company of the likes of all of you will remedy that, I have no doubt.

So, Bryttar - you've been far afield and far too quiet... what news have you?

*kicks the boots of his brother Rider*
Menon
Shield Bearer

Postby Gorin » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:43 pm

Rumours are strange things. The half-truths and incorrect assumptions that fuel a society's need for Gossip. Such a rumour started, many months ago, found its way into writing, founds its way to Dale, delivered by a stranger who vanished almost as quickly as he arrived...This rumour reported a death, the death or someone mentioned in the First post on this Site....A Death that was not...

They say that home is where you hang your hat, and i have not hung my hat for many a while. I found myself lost, wandering, alone...But i managed it...I found my way back...Home, to Dale, The place of my Fathers.

I place both hands on the big double doors and push them inward, the rush of warm air hitting me in the face like a silk cloth. The smell of Fresh Ale and Cooking...The Big doors closed with the hint of a clunk as the two came together . Making my way into the main hall, looking around seeing one familiar face. (Though she may not recognise me, my hair no longer as black as it was, and my beard that little bit longer, my eyes more weary looking)

"Hail, Bardhwyn, it has been too long" Bowing low

Turning to the other folk,

"Greetings, Sir, Madam, I am Gorin, Son of Tagrin. The Best dwarven Blacksmith in Dale, though currently without smithy. It is indeed a sad story."

OOC: Oh my days it's good to be back to RP....sometimes being geeky is just so darned cool....
Gorin
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Bardhwyn » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:39 pm

“By the hairs of Durin’s BEARD!!! GORIN? In her shock, her utter excitement Bardhwyn moved to put her tankard down, and in not looking, missed the end of the Hall’s long table, sending the tankard and its contest spilling onto the flagstone floor.

Not caring, she dropped to her knees and enveloped the Dwarf as best she could with her two arms.

“We thought you dead. I was told that you left and then there was no word, for so long! Let me look at you!” She insisted, pushing the Dwarf back while resting on her heels – causing her to look up to the long-lost Guild member. “Ah, like me you wear a few years.” She said with a broad smile, fingering a strand of the Dwarf’s graying locks.

“If it is a smithy you require Master Gorin,” She said, her eyes brimming, “I will build one for you with my very own hands – right here on the grounds of the Guildhall! Welcome home!"

She rose and paced quickly to toward the kitchens, shouting as she went: Oi! Dwalin! Ale and Food. Master Gorin has returned and we shall have a FEAST!"

Lightening quick the two Dwarves emerged, the look of shock engraven on their faces. At sight of Gorin, they beamed, shouted exclamations in Durin's tongue and quickly returned to kitchens to prepare the celebration.

OOC- By the STARS, you are a SIGHT for SORE EYES, MAN! And yes, I agree...it is good to be RPing again. Geekdom! No better human state!
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Bryttar » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:40 pm

“Sorry Menon,” Bryttar quickly replied after the kick to his boot. “But you’ve seen how this week has been, I mean first your writer and my writer decide to play around with some light RP over in the LFI and what within two days they’ve moved me and Bardy over into a full on RP. Two days Menon, I swear that’s got to be some kind of split off record for that old Inn.”

The Rohirrim paused shaking his head, looked back at his friend, and continued. “If that wasn’t enough, my writer then decides to wake up Zhyranon after an almost two year break, and if that really wasn’t bad enough, she then moved her Zhy over to RP with one of those Corsairs. You know the kind, well anyway she and Zhyranon have both had their hands full trying to keep the man from getting his hands full.”

Bryttar then stops to read the last several posts. Upon finishing the Rohirrim got up, walked over to the bar, picked up to ales, and returned to the table where the other Rohirrim is sitting.

“Hey Menon, I’m sorry, it was just the image, I never meant to imply that you…well you know…I mean hey you’ve got a fine reputation with the ladies, and I have no doubt that you, well you know.” Bryttar then leaned into his friend and whispered. “You know with many a fine women more fair than the Queen.”

Bryttar sat one of the two mugs down upon the table, “Here this is for you.” Then he returned to his chair and kicked up his feet. “Soo, when and you and Bardy going to be getting that ICC place back open?”

Hi Gorin, we've not met but I see you have definitely been missed!

Bryttar
Shield Bearer

Postby Gorin » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:40 pm

Embrassing Bardy, a broad smile on my face, the likes of which have not appeared in many a while.

"It is great to see a familiar face, dear friend, and yes, time marches ever on, but you are still as beautiful as i remember." pushing a loose strand of hair back behind your ear "No, seriously, are you well? and the other bowmen, what news of them? Tell me everything...."

The dwarven servants busy themselves. Smells of fresh cooking eminate from the kitchen.

"Where are the other Bowmen, Bardy? I do so long to see them all again. I have been gone too long...too long" My gaze focuses some where in the middle distance, my mind suddenly elsewhere...until Oi places a mug of Dwarfdom's finest Ale down on the table beside me

"Haha, glad to see you haven't wasted all the good stuff on this lot, Oi, they would never appreciate it"

Putting the mug to my lips and taking a long draft, the taste bringing back feelings from the old days from before my father past on (if my beard weren't so well grown you might have spotted a tear roll down my cheek). Oi gave a little nod, and trotted off about his duties, smiling.

Noticing the Rohirm gentleman

"Greetings, Rider of the Mark, extending a hand of friendship, Gorin, son of Tagrin at you, and your family's service. It is in deed a pleasure to meet you"[/i]
Gorin
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Bardhwyn » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 am

“Smaug’s Breath! Gorin, forgive me, in my excitement I have forgotten my manners. Allow me to introduce you to Bryttar and Menon of Rohan. Sons of Eorl, may I present a son of Durin, Gorin – an esteemed and long missed member of the Guild.” *hand shaking all around*

“Menon, though he wears the colors of the Mark is one our ranks, taking orders from our King. Bryttar is a friend and here with his cousin, Rholarowyn of Minas Tirith, who is absorbed in one of our library books off by that window there.” She pointed to Rho who, aware somehow people were speaking of her, lifted her gaze and saw Bardhwyn motioning towards her. She politely smiled, nodded her head then re- concentrated on her book.

"And we have a daughter of the Mark with us, Frelga.” Bardhwyn looked around. “Where is Frelga… ah, there she is, backing into the hall from the kitchen door.” Bardhwyn turned to Silver Scribe. “And Gorin, last but not least, may I re-introduce Silver Scribe who you met in Dorwinion. She traveled with us for only a brief time before your family’s matters took you back to Rhovannion.”

Oi appeared at her elbow, a fresh tankard of ale at the ready. Frelga slid the platter of cold meats, cheese and breads on the table and they settled down at the board.

“You ask of our comrades, Gorin.” Bardy said, thoughtfully, “I will do my best and tell of what I know, but I have been away for some time myself, having returned only a short time ago.” She picked up piece of bread and tore it. “The Mistress Archer is in a distant land east of here, a small sovereign nation east of Dorwinion called Deutchlanda I believe, studying with masters of knowledge there. It is my hope she’ll return soon, if only for a brief visit, for there are many repairs to the Hall that need her approval. Meaglin and Themedes, I hear rumour, are alive and have been seen in the far northeast, among the fjords and snow. We’ve not seen them here in many a year, alas.”

Bardhwyn paused as Dwalin slid yet another platter of food down, a variety of sweets this time.

“Smaug’s Bane has settled down and is a father!” Bardhwyn said with a smile. “And is absolutely smitten by the babe, as a father should be.”

“And as for the Master Archer,” a twinge of sadness skirted her eyes as she bit into her bread, chewing as she thought, “As for our Captain, his tale is the strangest. As you may know, Gorin, there are bands of roving orcs that roam Middle Earth, they are relatively peaceful mind you – they keep to the King’s laws but they, in nostalgia for the black times, play their music – the songs and sounds that they would jump and stomp to while enthralled by the Eye. I have heard this music; it is dark and vile but strangely entrancing. Have you heard an Orc sing? It is the most unusual thing.” Bardy took a sip of her ale, washing down the bread.

“Rumor is that, while studying the older languages of these Orcs, for that has been an interest of his as you may recall, Lysandros fell under the spell of this black music and is captured by it. He follows these bands of Orcs around, conversing with them in their dark, ancient tongue, jumping and stomping to their music…they say that one way of revering this black sound is to throw one’s head up and down, as if one were banging it upon a table.” Bardhwyn found Gorin’s expression, by this point, difficult to discern. “Now, these are rumours, mind. I have not seen this with my own eyes!” She added. “I am only relating what I hear tell. If there is one consolation, the fact a tall blonde is seen amoung these black music worshippers means that, by all accounts, he’s alive. Where there is life, there is hope. Perhaps someday he’ll cross the threshold of this Hall again.”

“As for the Guild's future,” Bardhwyn took up an Elvish sweet cake, “there are rumblings at Court that the Guild may be formally transformed into an archery training center, training young cadets in the art of bowmanship. There’d be a small dormitory sleeping 30 in the back forty, with a refectory and the practice field enlarged. This is why the Mistress Archer needs to return, if only for a brief stay. Times change, eh?” Bardhwyn said, finishing her long tale.

She lifted her tankard:
“A toast, to Bowmen of past, of present and of the Future!”

* a mixture of fact and fantasy, my friends, to the best of my knowledge of our far-flung friends. Who knows, perhaps my fanciful rendition will draw them out for a wee while to fill in details or correct me outright! :)
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Gorin » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:14 am

OOC: Must admit, Deutschlanda made me giggle...Funny how the release of the movies made these message boards swell, but much gets forgotten...

OOC a bit more...read the start of your adventure, and the dwarven Servant, Borin..how can i possibly join in that story and be taken seriously :p

IC: coming soon[/i]
Gorin
Citizen of Imladris

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:33 am

Scribbles sketched a shallow bow to Gorin, one hand over her heart, in the elvish manner. "Mae Govannen, Master Gorin, hail and well met. Well do I know the tales of your prowess, and your honoured place here in the Guild Hall of Dale. It is good to see you here once more."

The smell of fresh baked bread drew her to the table, where she sat down at one end and quietly helped herself to the cold cuts. As she ate, she listened with interest to Bardhwyn's tales.

OOC: Gorin!!! Wow, it's a double treat, two returning Dalers in side a couple of weeks! How wonderful to see your name grace the place again. ;)

And Bardy . . . Deutchlanda!! I love it! And Orc Music? Throwing one's head up and down? ROFL!! I wonder if the Master Archer's ears are burning yet? LOLOLOL!

SilverScribe

Postby Bardhwyn » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:19 pm

Gorin wrote:OOC a bit more...read the start of your adventure, and the dwarven Servant, Borin..how can i possibly join in that story and be taken seriously :p

Well, as you say, my dear friend Gorin, 'Much is forgotten.' :D To be truthfull I cannot recall what happened there. Were we really terrible??? :?

SilverScribe wrote:
And Bardy . . . Deutchlanda!! I love it! And Orc Music? Throwing one's head up and down? ROFL!! I wonder if the Master Archer's ears are burning yet? LOLOLOL!

I am envisioning ears up in flames - on all FIVE of 'em!

:twisted:

Come back, all of you... all is forgiven. :P
Bardhwyn
Mariner

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive