The House of Queen Berúthiel - The Cat-Lovers Guild (Part 2)

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Lysanor » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:26 pm

Thank you :D

I suppose I shall describe my collection. :)

Mildew is a tabby cat with white paws and a big white patch on his neck. He's probably my favourite since he spends most of his time around the back with the dogs and I see more of him. And, he doesn't object to me using him as a scarf :D
Although he sneezes a lot so I can't really have him inside.

Sophie's black, white and the fluffiest most affectionate thing you ever did see.

And Kitty just keeps to herself, I only really see her a breakfast and dinner time. Evil black cat!

But I love her :love:
Lysanor
Shield Bearer

Postby Morwenna » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:56 pm

Welcome Lebasi and Lysanor!

Hubby and I are owned by two neutered males, Oreo (black and white, too much white to really be tuxedo), greenish eyes, 10 years old, and Macaroon, Mackie for short, red tabby with white (and a little black bit about his right eye), amber eyes, 2 1/2 years old. Oreo's the introvert; Mackie's in our faces most of the time. Mackie chases Oreo and has done so since he was a 3-month-old kitten and new here.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:24 pm

I also have two cats. Catty is mom's cat, she's long haired, rather like a Himalayan with stripped markings instead of solid and blue eyes. She's 18 this spring. Okun is my cat and he's a black and gray tortoise shell with white markings and green/yellow eyes. He's about 10 1/2 and also diabetic. And bad. They're both bad. They're all bad! :D

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Lebasi » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:21 am

Hello. Liquorice (nearly one) annoys Cirrus (about fourteen), who doesn't like young cats and Caramel (four and a half) varies from grumpy to not. They were all ganging up on a ginger tom in next door's garden yesterday. To quote IrisBrandybuck, they're all bad :D
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Lysanor » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:00 pm

Awwww
My kitties are all good :) Mostly...

I don't think Kitty actually likes any other cats. When we first got her and we had visitors she would go missing. Then we'd see a lump under the blankets of the guest bed :lol:
Mildew had the cat flu when we got him so I suppose that's why he sneezes all the time.
Sophie doesn't really do anything apart from sleep :D
Lysanor
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:16 am

Welcome Lebasi and kittehs also to Lysanor and kittehs!! :clap:

My kitteh is China, a snow white kitteh that I rescued a year ago last February. She has yellow eyes and is a stinker of a kitteh. She loves to play and cant get enough sitting in the front room window looking out. Beings she is white we have put special film on the window so that she wont get sunburned.

We have wanted to get China a play mate but they seem to realize they can beat her up and intimidate her cause she wont fight back. So it failed but in January I bought her a fish, a betta fish. She loves to sit on her window perch and watch the fish swimming about his tank. Since then we have now bought 5 more bettas. So I tease that it is China and her boys now. Their names are 1) Lord Hue (royal blue with turquoise shades)-he has a castle 2) Cap'n Jack (Deep red with dark blue)-he has a sunken ship 3) Dreamer (pale lavender almost white)- has a mountain with a waterfall 4)Turq (turquoise in one position and red when he turns)-he has a log with a plant on it 5)Eclipse (Purple/pale blue)-he has a moon with white pearl plants 6) Triton (Purple, blue, lavender and turquoise)-he has a purple coral, a seashell and a plant.

I just brought Triton home tonight. I work at a pet store and have to count the bettas regularly so I see the wonderful new colors that come in and cant help buying China new friends.
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Morwenna » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:38 am

Lysanor wrote:Sophie doesn't really do anything apart from sleep :D

A friend of mine once gave me a cartoon clipped from a magazine which said "The Amazing Adventures of Wondercat." Panel 1 showed a cat wearing a superhero cape, sleeping on the back of a chair; panel 2 was a repeat of panel 1; panel 3 showed the cat with one eye open; panel 4 repeated panels 1 and 2.

Vana, that's quite a lot of fish you have! Are they all in the same tank?
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:48 am

Vana, have you ever thought of doing a war and peace display? You get a large vase and put colored pebbles in it and a beta fish (Siamese fighting fish = war) and fill with water and then put a peace plant in the top. :)

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Lysanor » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:11 pm

Morwenna, :rofl: If I make a little cloak and put it on Sophie that will be her.

Vana, that's different, getting a cat fish for company :)

Needless to say, my cats would try to eat them...
Lysanor
Shield Bearer

Postby Morwenna » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:13 am

When I was a teenager my father had a little fish pond in the side yard with gardens around it, and he'd stock it with a few goldfish which grew enormously due to being outdoors with all the space. Our cat, who hunted anything she could get to on dry land, would sit and watch the fish for hours but never dare to put her paw into the pond. However, the cat next door... ! More than once we saw one out on the grass, and we knew who was doing it because we'd often catch him trying.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:48 pm

China has always been too afraid to get close to the fish but something must have happened on Monday of this week. I came home from work and the fish came out to see me when the lights came on. Well.... all but one. I looked for him but could not see him. When Ryan got home we took the tank into the kitchen so that I could pull out his hiding mountain. I expected for find him dead by then. :shock: Imagine my surprise when I could not find him at all!! He was not there!!! No water on the desk top, not prints on the tank. Just nothing.

Either he jumped out and China ate him or she went fishing finally and managed to get past the lid and not make a mess. I don't know how she would have done it. But we are not taking any chances. I have not let her roam the house at night and during the day I keep the tanks turned with books on top of them.

So my rarest of the fish is the one that went missing. The one that was almost white. He was the hardest to see in the tank too.

NO each of the fish have their own tank with only their decorations in them. I don't want to put other fish in with them since they would then need filters and heaters.

Iris I have never thought of anything like that. I suppose it could be done but I don't have the room for anything that would need that much room. :D I will download a picture that will show you how their tanks look on my desk top. :thumbsup:

Ryan wants to help pick out Dreamer's replacement! I will probably never be able to get another one as light as he was. :(
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Tarina » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:29 pm

Hi everyone! :hihi:

Liri, short for Lirimaer, is 4 this year (holy crap) and is a blue point Himalayan mix. And I think she's finally become adujsted to the fact that Tuon, our Beagle, Dachshund, Jack Russell mix, is not going to go away. The fact that Tuon's been in the condo for the past year might help with that. They will comfortably eat out of each other's dishes. Or rather, Liri will help herself to Tuon's dog food anytime she wants. Tuon can no longer return the favor because we keep Liri's food up where Tuon can't get it.

Liri is also becoming more interested in Wiggles, my 10 month old daughter. Liri will actually come up to Wiggles and sniff her face and let Wiggles touch her. We have to be careful though, because Wiggles is still in the grab mode which Liri won't tolerate. But we're working on teaching Wiggles to be "soft" and just pat/pet instead of grab.
Tarina
Ringbearer

Postby Calma » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:02 am

Liri is 4?! :shock:
My how time flies.
I'm happy to hear she's doing well inspite of a little Wiggles.
Oh and congrats on your expected one as well.
May all go well...

Love to the kitteh's.

Celebrating the return of TORC!
There's a party in the TVM!!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

CAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 30 :D

LOSSES: 30 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Morwenna » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:26 pm

They have me well trained.

Cats usually like to drink drips out of faucets, and ours are no exception. Well, now that the bathroom sink's been fixed and we're using it again, Oreo gets up there and tries to drink out of the faucet. So we started running a thin stream for him, and he goes at it like a kid at a water fountain. Now Mackie tries to get into the act, but he'd rather lap up what falls into the basin. Sometimes he has to shoulder Oreo out of the way so he can get at the lower side where it pools (it's a little uneven).

Now Oreo comes meowing to me, when there's food and water in the kitchen and water in the spare room, and when I get up he goes straight to the bathroom door. He's not content, oh no, to wait till someone has an errand in there!

CATS!! :D
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat May 01, 2010 8:10 am

You're supposed to use a litter box like civilized people. :P

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon May 03, 2010 11:54 am

Here we are in May already!!! :shock:

China is doing very well. I believe she has lost some of her fat and she has become much more active. She is playing with her toys again. :D She sits either in the front room window or the bedroom window now that we have taken the plastic off the one.

We also got a replacement for Dreamer...... his name was Wil. Well he went crazy but we are not sure what happened and he got very sick. Ryan flushed him down the toilet cause I could not do that. He wasn't dead yet. Well then we decided to get another fish and found two that we liked so we bought both. One I named Avatar, he is almost white with blue fins, he is a Crowntail. Also we got Shadow Watcher who is a black Crowntail that when the light catches him right has green highlights.

Well on Saturday night I brought home two females that I thought could live together. :roll: WRONG!! Even they will fight it seems. So one is white with blue fins and the other is all pale turquoise. I have not named them yet but China sure loves watching her kids. :D

So we now have 9 Bettas!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Lysanor » Mon May 03, 2010 9:09 pm

I love those fish. I only seem capable of taking care of goldfish. Any other species just die on me. :( My friend once had a Betta fish named Yep. :D

Anyway, Mildew is now officially an outside cat, something he's not too happy about. I have to say, neither am I, but his sneezing problem just seems to be getting worse. It's not pleasant having to clean that mess up.

I'm almost tempted to let him in again when he starts begging at the door... he's such an adorable cat!

*cuteness attack* :love:
Lysanor
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon May 03, 2010 10:09 pm

What did the vet say about his sneezing?? Are you sure he does not have a problem that they can take care of?? Like allergies or something else?
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Lysanor » Mon May 03, 2010 11:50 pm

I think there's not much they can do about it. He had the cat flu when he was a kitten quite badly and it's probably something to do with that.
Lysanor
Shield Bearer

Postby Morwenna » Tue May 04, 2010 7:15 am

Poor kitteh. :(

I don't dare let our cats outdoors; we live in a city, on a main drag. Other people let theirs out, but not on our block! There's just too much traffic.

And lest anyone think there's no wildlife in cities, a few years ago we had an infestation of possums!! In our apartment!! :shock: Oreo was very wary. We didn't have Mackie yet; good thing too, because he wouldn't have been as wary and might have got injured.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Tarina » Tue May 04, 2010 10:34 am

:hug: for Mildew.

Liri is an indoor and outdoor cat. She has food, both her own and the dog's, and water in the house, but she loves to go outside. One of the neighbors in the circle has a small pond in his courtyard that has koi in it. She'll sit there and watch the koi, not try to catch, just watch. She also likes to climb the trees and chase the birds. Fortunately we're in the back of the condo complex and no one drives too fast, so I'm not worried about her getting hit. One of the ducks will get hit before Liri does. And she enjoys "chaperoning" any member of the family that goes on a walk. She'll follow about 10 or so feet behind until you reach your destination or leave the complex. Then she'll either wait for you or go home, depending on where you are. :rofl:
Tarina
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue May 04, 2010 10:37 am

I interviewed a guy who owns a bait shop a couple years ago. Inside the shop he has a couple of pools with bait fish in them. I noticed that all of the fish were collected in the exact center of the pool, at the bottom. He must have noticed me trying to puzzle it out because he explained that his wife's cats like to come into the shop and hang out by the pools, trying to snag a snack. The fish know when the cats are about (there was one sitting by my foot at the time) and hide! :rofl:

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue May 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Fish aren't dumb as some folks think!!! ;)
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Morwenna » Thu May 06, 2010 5:22 pm

:rofl: If only our old goldfish had that mentality! Well, the pond wasn't very deep or wide... And that neighbor cat was enterprising!
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Lebasi » Sat May 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Hello everyone.

Liquorice has disappeared but her big brother who's been missing for a long time might have come back. Might have. It's unlikely.

Liquorice was here last night and in the morning she was gone. We didn't believe there had been any way that she could have left the house bout she wasn't inside. Then we found out that one of the windows had been slightly open, so she probably went out there. She wasn't spayed and was on heat so she could be getting pregnant but she did this before when she wasn't in season, so it is worrying. We're still hoping that she will come back but she's been gone all dya nad it's late evening.

When we were looking for Liquorice another cat came and every time we came back in followed us and sat outside the door. Liquorice did have a brother called Humbug who was older than her, but he disappeared some months ago. The cat who's arrived is very similar but is smaller and has less defined markings. We believe he is a neutered male like Humbug was. It's unlikely that they're the same and we're probably just hoping foolishly but I have posted this anyway (obviously).
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Lebasi » Sat May 08, 2010 1:40 pm

OK, we've decided the other cat's not Humbug (or if he is, he'll come back) and he's gone :(
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Lebasi » Sun May 09, 2010 1:11 am

Liqurice is back, but she's been gone about 36 hours, so she's probably pregnant.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Morwenna » Mon May 10, 2010 7:21 am

Oh good luck! Maybe she won't be. But I suppose now you'll have her spayed. Or were you planning to breed her?

And watch those windows! :)
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Lebasi » Tue May 11, 2010 8:30 am

We werent intending to breed her. Last time Caramel had kittens we only just managed to find homes for three of them and we still have one (she is spayed now and we probably will spay Liquorice).

But Humbug II as I seem to have named him has taken to spending time outside our back door and coming in when people use it.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Tarina » Tue May 11, 2010 7:57 pm

[quote="Lebasi]But Humbug II as I seem to have named him has taken to spending time outside our back door and coming in when people use it.[/quote]

I work with adults with disabilities, and that's how the apartment that I worked in (essentially I did assisted living in an apartment group home) got Sarah cat. She was a stray that started coming around the apartment, and if the doors were open she'd let herself in and let herself out. Since one of the gentlemen living in the apartment had a goal to become a responsible pet owner, we got food, dishes, toys, and the all important litter box. But no one thought to check and see if she had ever been spayed, until we realized just by watching her walk that she was pregnant. Unfortunately, we never actually saw any of the kittens from that litter. She disappeared for about a week, and when she came back she was no longer pregnant and didn't bring any of the kittens with her. :(

Before we had a chance to get her spayed though, she got pregnant again. This time she was smart and stayed at the apartment up to, and past delivery. There's a slightly disgusting, yet kinda funny story that goes with that but I won't share unless you ask. She had four kittens in that litter, one of which we lost fairly early, but the other three thrived. One went to a family, one came to live with me (kinda) as my landlord's pet, and the third stayed at the apartment to be raised as a therapy kitty. And as soon as it was safe for Sarah cat, she got spayed. As did Sky, the kitten who stayed at the apartment. Cosmos, the one my landlord took, got neutered as well. There's a couple funny stories about him too. :P

And Sky and Cosmos are responsible for me getting Liri. I had moved back home and was having kitty withdrawals, so my mom agreed to let me get a cat. And it turned out to be a good thing for her too. She was recovering from a stroke and learning to compensate for some loss of peripheral vision (sorta). Having Liri helped because she made sure mom fully looked at where she was going so she wouldn't step on the cat. :D
Tarina
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive