The House of Queen Berúthiel - The Cat-Lovers Guild (Part 2)

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:21 am

I love it. :D

I neglected to clean said box yesterday...I didn't feel good...so I'll probably find a present when I get home. :roll:

Last night I had to stick Okun twice, not all the insulin got in the first time. I'm not supposed to do that...stick him twice. I just did it automatically. But this morning it went off without a hitch. If he has his nose buried in good food, he takes less notice of me.

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:34 am

I just talked with Okun's doctor and he said the sugar levels in the fructosamine test are still too high. So now we're to give him 2 1/2 units twice a day and go back on the 28th. :(

At least he didn't say to give him three shots a day...I was afraid of that. I just don't know how I'd do it...he won't go near my dad, and my mom had a hard time giving herself shots! :P

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Calma » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:08 pm

Sorry to hear Okun hasn't responded as all expected. Hope the two shots a day do the trick.

Boy Howdy, one can certainly tell Winter is coming on.
All three of my cats have been cuddling about my babyman all day long.
Usually Jinx remains upstairs, only coming down to eat and do the litter box thing. Today he joined Rasky and Snow for some pets and sleeping beside Dad.

My babies just love their dad.
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 2
:x Losses:

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby ... Cock Robin

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:15 am

I thought he was doing good on the two units twice a day, but now we're up to 2 1/2 units twice a day...I don't notice a huge difference, but hopefully the doctor will. Oh, the joy of another vet trip! :rofl:

My friend had to put her daughter's cat down Saturday. :( Her daughter was my best friend and died two years ago (most of you know this...) Boots stopped eating and they took him to the vet and found he had kidney failure...the vet thought she could treat it, but then everything else started to shut down.

*sigh*

Cuddles are good, Calma...and it's good they love their daddy! :D Better that he loves them! :rofl:

I think I need to watch some Simon's Cat.

EDIT: and there's a new cartoon on Simon's Cat! here

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Calma » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:23 pm

Sorry to hear Boots had to be put down.
My Sharp passed from kidney failure, too.
Just know that Boots and her "momma" will be together now.

A couple of weeks ago my babyman bought a new office chair. It's a fabric covered one. Jinx has discovered it. He sleeps in it. He has claimed it for his very own. (probably has put his name on it some place,too, I bet. written in "cat" no doubt.)
Anyway, my babyman was sitting in it. Jinx circled the chair, looking at his dad. He stopped in front of him, stared a bit then walked the other way around the chair. Stopped back at the front again, stared then walked around it again....

Daddy was sitting in HIS chair!
How rude of Daddy to sit in HIS chair!

My babyman just laughed, quickly finished his computer work, then gave Jinx back HIS chair.

:lmbo:
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby ... Cock Robin

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:01 am

Catty does that! Currently my chair at the dinner table is HERS and she gets mad if I sit there...she'll hop up on another chair and then pout.

:hug: Calma...it's hard to let go...but they're always in a much better place.

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Morwenna » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:16 pm

:hug: Calma

Mackie is Daddy's boy. Mommy's too, sometimes. He often cuddles in hubby's arms in front of the TV. Otherwise he has a pillow on a box here in the spare room, and Oreo has another. Oreo's the one who never goes to hubby unless he's hungry or something; but he makes up to me quite shamelessly.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:40 pm

China has gotten back to her old self. She is snuggling with Ryan's goatee when we sit and watch tv together. She loves to lay by my head at night and isn't as fast to get up and follow me anymore. She is more confident that I will return to my place between her and Ryan. She is even slimming down a little with less food out for her to get into. She rules the roost again and is loving it!!! :D Its good to see her doing so well again.

Kitties are so wonderful!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Borin who passed away in March 2020 I believe
Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Morwenna » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:20 pm

I'm glad, Vana. It's too bad that it didn't work out with Abbie, but she was just too domineering for China. As long as you two and your furry sweetie are happy together.

Oreo and Mackie were both all over me when I got home from work. I saw to it that they were both fed and watered; they were still after both of us. So we gave them catnip. They stole each other's bowls, finished it all, and now they're relaxing: Oreo here next to me, Mackie somewhere or other...
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Calma » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:09 pm

Vana, I'm glad things have returned to normal at your house.
Hope Abbie is doing well in her new furever home.

Morwenna, when we give our cats some nip, Snow calmly eats hers, Jinx begins by eating his then he'll roll in it a bit only to pass out in the corner somewhere...
Now Rascal...:roll:
It's instantaneous!..
One sniff, yes, one little sniff, and she's rolling all over the floor, curl and uncurl, going flat cat to defend her stash from any and all real and imagined hoards who are determined to take her nip...
Then she goes over and takes Brother's and Big Sisters...

It's totally hilarious to watch that little black kitteh with her nip.
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:27 am

If YOU don't talk to your cat about catnip, who will?

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Calma » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:47 pm

IrisBrandybuck wrote:If YOU don't talk to your cat about catnip, who will?

:lmbo:
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Morwenna » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:08 pm

Oreo's a lot calmer than he used to be. Time was he would roll over with the dish on his nose just to get everything out of the corners! Now he just eats it and goes away. He's not even careful about getting all the crumbs anymore. But when he wants his nip, he wants his nip, not more food, not more water, but nip! And he lets you know it.

Mackie's the rambunctious one. He doesn't flip the dish in the air anymore, but he does tip it and make a mess. Of course he's a lot younger.

Right now Oreo's on the pillow-covered box at my elbow and Mackie's at my feet. With his string. Did I mention he has a string fetish? Always has. And now he's commandeered a length of red and gold gift wrap cord for a toy. I knotted the ends, and now he drags it everywhere, including onto the bed, plays fetch with it, you name it.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:04 am

Just keep an eye on it Morwenna. I had a cat that got into some yarn and swallowed about 6 feet of it. It was then killing him cause it gets in the bowels and is like a draw string and cuts their insides up till they die. He had to have surgery to remove it and survived but he was one sick kittie from it. Now my kitties get nothing with a string unless I am there to play with them.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Morwenna » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:30 pm

I do keep an eye on it, but he's always been into batting danglies. He used to go into the kitchen and holler till someone picked him up so he could bat the pull cord for the light. But he's never tried to eat the stuff; it's just one big plaything to him. He is to string as Oreo is to jingle balls.

BTW, since we've cleared out so much hallway, and found so many balls that Oreo used to bat behind or under things, Oreo's back to playing jingle ball hockey--not as often as he used to, but still, for a 9 1/2 year old cat, he's doing fine. I was dismayed when we first got Mackie that Oreo would back away from any playing as soon as Mackie got into the picture; but he's got his own game back now with no interference: Mackie has his own game.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:05 am

That is cool!! I love watching China when she is really into her squeak mouse or her mylar balls. She even picks the up to move them to the room we are in so she can play. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Morwenna » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:34 pm

Hubby made tuna-mac salad tonight, and as he was working on it, he called out to me that he had two kibitzers; Last I had seen them they were both asleep on the bed. Nothing wrong with their noses! Hubby usually reserves the liquid from the tuna, pours it back into the cans and puts one can down for each cat. Next I saw them, they were in the hallway licking their chops!

Took me a bit to locate both cans to throw away; they had pushed them into far corners of the kitchen in their zeal.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Calma » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:44 pm

:lmbo: :lmbo: :lmbo: :lmbo:

I think my cats are psychic. I don't even have to open the can. All I have to do is bring it from the cupboard while thinking about opening it and suddenly there are three little faces looking up at me with hopefull eyes.
Sheesh... :roll:
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:01 pm

My old kitty Bud from years ago knew the difference of the can opener. He knew when it was a tuna can and when it was something else by how long the can opener worked. :roflmbo: He even knew the mushroom can when it was opened. He loved them as well and would share a can with me.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Morwenna » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:16 pm

My old white longhair Mici also liked mushrooms. And she had a good memory for objects too; when I newly had her I was on a cold-cereal kick, and every time she saw one particular bowl come out of the cupboard she knew the bottle of milk would soon appear, so she'd put her front paws up on the cabinet to get my attention. Years later, in a different apartment, when I probably hadn't had cold cereal since I'd moved in there, I brought that bowl out of the cupboard for something or other. Bam--there were her paws on the cabinet!
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Calma » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:57 pm

So, did you give her the milk all the same?

Oh and at my house, we call that a counter stretch.
My Snow is very good at those and my late cat Sharp was so long, he could see over the top of the counter and reach the food there. :D
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby JudyA » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:11 pm

Calma: Gee, if all I got was hopeful eyes from Poppy I'd be delighted. If I'm at home during the day she starts campaigning for her dinner as early at 2 o'clock. :roll: yowl, yowl yowl...

And once she actually gets hungry, watch out. It's Poppet's job to feed her in the mornings but she likes to get dressed for school first. So if Poppy thinks it's taken too long she just starts attacking furniture... BAD kitty... If there's meat around and I'm in the kitchen, Poppy suddenly appears (yowl yowl yowl) and there's a definite greenish tinge in her eyes. She sits there, looking wide-eyed and desperate - like a feline Gollum who's very hungry, precious. :P

Then, of course, there are the other things she likes to eat. The other day we'd just finished a plastic container of vanilla gelato, so I (guilty admission) popped it down on the ground and she proceeded to lick, full face in, for about five minutes. Came up with creamy whiskers. :lol:

She also - for some reason - really likes the taste of beer. Hasten to add that we don't PROVIDE her with this, but if there's an empty bottle sitting in the corner before we put it out for recycling, she'll lick the neck of the bottle (!!)
JudyA
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:58 am

Maybe it makes her more mellow?

:rofl:

CATS!

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Morwenna » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Gotta love 'em. Oreo and Mackie decided they like ice cream. They also decided they like bean soup because it has a ham base and contains sausage; at least they try it because they can smell the pork, then they can't fingure out what that stuff in their mouth is!

Mackie's the one who yowls. He has the raucous voice, always has. even as a kitten. Oreo rarely meows any more, but when he does he still has that soft high-pitched sweet voice. What a contrast! But if you want to hear him out-meow Mackie, just open up the jar of catnip! :D
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:40 pm

Okun had a vet visit today...what torture! Peed everywhere to begin with. :roll: But the doctor says he's doing really, really good and gained more weight (he should, he eats like a horse!) and he's really pleased. Have to wait for the fructosamine test again. Came home with more insulin, more needles, and a new flea med called Vectra.

Morwenna: Okun is a yowler. Catty used to not meyow much, but the older she's gotten, the more vocal she's become. :)

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Morwenna » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:40 am

Iris, I'm glad Okun's doing so well.

Your Catty is just the opposite of Oreo when it comes to vocalizing; he used to be much more vociferous when he was younger. On the other hand, he never was much for purring when he was younger; now, skritch his neck and he sounds like a truck!

Mackie yells loud and purrs loud. And yells from out of nowhere for no reason we can fathom half the time. He's also the cuddle-slut. Oreo comes around just to be sociable and doesn't necessarily want actual contact. He's the family introvert, so much so that when he comes out into the living room when we're all in front of the TV (including Mackie) and jumps into my lap, it's a case for real wonderment! He did that a few days ago and I was asking, "Who are you and what have you done with Oreo!"
:D But he's Mommy's boy; always has been.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:02 pm

:D

The vet called today...I'm to up the shots to 3 units twice a day. :( But we don't have to go back for a whole month!

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Calma » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:22 am

Just dropping in to let Okun know I'm still thinking of him.
Too bad about the three shots a day. I hope this is helping him.
Stay tough, big guy, I'm with you.

My little Rascal was doing her famous impression of Flo-Jo this morning.
She just loves to sprint through the house at top speed. When she came around the corner and found me there, she put on the brakes, pulled a "u-ie" on the linoleum, spun her wheels a couple of times, then took off like I had said "boo" or something.

Crazy little kitteh... :D
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:33 am

Three units of insulin twice a day. :)

But that's okay...Okun says he feels the good kitty vibes coming from everyone. He still doesn't like the shots, but he tolerates...especially if his nose is in good food. :D

Neither of our cats rips and tears much anymore, Calma. :( Okun thinks he should be able to wrestle Catty, though, who very vocally tells him where to stick it. :D And she'll run across the yard once in a while, but not as often as she used to.

This getting old thing sucks.

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Morwenna » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:14 am

Calma wrote:My little Rascal was doing her famous impression of Flo-Jo this morning.
She just loves to sprint through the house at top speed. When she came around the corner and found me there, she put on the brakes, pulled a "u-ie" on the linoleum, spun her wheels a couple of times, then took off like I had said "boo" or something.

Crazy little kitteh... :D

:rofl: Boy, I remember when Oreo used to pull stunts like that! He's gotten to be such a couch potato; good thing Mackie's there to give him some exercise. He still encourages me to chase him, though, no matter how he feels about Mackie.

Iris, I agree, getting old sucks; aging is not for sissies, even feline ones. Good luck with Okun.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive