The House of Queen Berúthiel - The Cat-Lovers Guild (Part 2)

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Calma » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:17 pm

*crashtacklehug*

LadyKat!!!!

So good to see you!
How are things at your house.
I hope your kitteh's are well..

Don't be a stranger...
Image Eomer Won MoME

TVM Remembers Past Adventures Of MoME!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 51 :D
LOSSES: 52 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Calma » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:54 pm

*BUMP*

So what are you giving your babies for Christmas?
I'm giving them each a can of Fancy Feast and for Rasky a toy, Jinx a can of Tuna... He LOVES his tuna and for my little Princess Snow-Snow her own special can of Friskies cat food.

Every cat I've ever had knew something special was happening and I just had to get them a present from Santa Cat.

Merry Christmas to the babies. :D
Image Eomer Won MoME

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:58 pm

CAt treats....lots of cat treats! :D Actually, Pounce is how I get Okun to take his shots, so the more, the better.

He's up to three and a half units twice a day :shock: The doctor said this should be it, but of course we have to test again at the beginning of the year. *sigh*

Meowy Christmouse! :D

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Calma » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:30 pm

:shock: Three and a half units?! Poor baby. Poor Iris.
I do hope this is it....

I forgot to mention collars.
They each get a new outfit for Christmas.
Image Eomer Won MoME

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:07 pm

I am planning on getting China a new velvet collar, a can of special food as a treat and maybe a new kitty climber. We have several at work and they are awesome ones. I might get her a new toy as well. I must put something into her Hello Kitty stocking.
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:24 am

I wish we had someplace to put a kitty climber! :D Lucky China!

Yesterday morning we heard this awful yowling coming from the living room...it was Catty, and she was under the couch. All I could gather, once we found her, was that she crawled under there, then got confused and lost. Once I made it possible for her to see a little better, she settled down.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Morwenna » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:19 am

I've thought about getting a climber for our guys (I used to think about one for Oreo, when he was the only one here), but they're so content with pillows on top of the cardboard boxes in the spare room that I haven't bothered (hey, those things are expensive!). But we've been sorting things, and Mackie has already had his pillow moved since the stack he had claimed is gone. When we get to Oreo's spot, he will not be happy; he's that much older.

They've got all the toys they want: Oreo has enough jingle balls to establish a league, Mackie has his cord/dangly/pull toy.

Treats: we used to give Oreo Whiskas treats, and he LOVED them! (Hubby looked at a label once, asking, "What's in these things, heroin??") But since his urinary problem, we haven't had any treats in the house. But we do have cans of food in the cupboard; perhaps we'll give them those on Christmas instead of the dry food they usually eat.

And Oreo will get his holiday tablespoonful of coffee. :)
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:18 am

Morwenna how about Greenies? These treats are for their teeth and they have many flavors available. Its a thought.

China has a smaller climber right now that I got for a penny. It was on clearance but it isnt fancy and I think she would love to have some hiddie holes and all. It (the one I am looking at) is very soft to the touch. She also has a pad in both the front window and the bedroom window on some tubs but those are for looking out the window. She sleeps on our bed at night and in the windows during the day if not on the futon. Yes I love to spoil her!! I can not help it!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Morwenna » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:21 pm

I understand completely. Our boys are spoiled rotten. (Hubby says, "No, they always smell that way.") They sleep on the bed, on their pillows in the spare room, on the pile of stuff near the bed (which I've covered with a blanket); and Oreo sometimes sleeps in hubby's spot on the couch, and sometimes on the cardboard scratch-pad in the hall; and Mackie sometimes sleeps on the backjack on top of the box on top of the chest of drawers (where Oreo used to sleep long ago but gave it up), and often on the radiator in the bathroom (with a folded towel under him).

In the warm weather they get in the windowsills (but never in the same window at the same time!).
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:59 pm

Morwenna can I get your address and name so that I can send you out a Christmas Card?

My email is vanaladiel@hotmail.com just put in the subject like that it is you and it is your address. Thanks hon!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Tarina » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:22 am

Figured I'd post an update on my kitty baby. Haven't done so in a while.

She's now 3 and a half (holy crap!) and is a very healthy, somewhat happy kitty. I say somewhat because my husband's birthday present last March was a puppy who likes to try and play with Liri. And about three quarters of the time she doesn't want to play. Go figure. :roll:

On the flip side, having the baby didn't seem to phase her one bit. She has sniffed at Martha all of about four times and let the baby touch her once. Martha is now 6 and a half months old, and Liri has absolutely no interest.

For Christmas she gets a new scratchy thingy and a variety box of canned food.
Tarina
Ringbearer

Postby Calma » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Good to see you and Liri back, Tarinia!

Congratulations on the arrival of your Martha.
When I had my sons, my cat at the time, had no opinion on the new arrival. As long as she had her food and her share of pets, she was good with the arrangement.

Have a good holiday. :D
Image Eomer Won MoME

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby gentrygary9 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi. New member here and fellow cat lover as well. I have 3 and they are amazing. Cats dont get the respect they deserve as they are highly intelligent and full of personality. Mine keep me smiling and laughing all the time and it's appreciated when days are going rough. Just wanted to comment on when I read about the urinary problem for your baby. I have read and talked to vets about this and a solution sometimes can be more wet food in their diet as it has more water in them than dry food. actually alot more. I give mine wet food at least 3-4 times a wk and dry the rest. Just a suggestion which I hope might help.
Merry Christmas to all.
gentrygary9
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Calma » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:55 pm

Welcome to TORC and the Cat Lovers Guild, gentrygary9!! :hihi:
Thanks for your advice, too. :D

I have three kittehs, too. :D
Snowball, Jinx, and Rascal are their names.
What are the names of your babies?

And a very Merry Christmas to you and your babies. :D
Image Eomer Won MoME

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby gentrygary9 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:49 am

Hello Crazy Cat Lady and thank you for your nice greeting. My monsters lol my babies names are Brun, Bijou and Belle. They all have french names as I am cajun french. Brun is a male burmese sable brown and very handsome. (and he knows it :wink: ) bijou is a plantinum female burmese and my heart. Bijou means jewel and she is all that and more. Belle is my latest addition. She was a kitten that a saved from going to the pound. Belle means beautiful in french and she is gorgeous. I love them more than anything. and they are spoiled but in a good way. I'm a huge tolkien fan and have every book he's ever written and movie made. Belle watches all the movies with me and it makes me laugh to see her react to what we are watching on the screen. I make sure they have alot of windows to keep them busy as a happy cat is a healthy cat.
Happy Holidays and great forum and site.
gentrygary9

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:55 am

Mae Govannen gentrygary9!! Is there a nick name we can use for you here when we type so that it is not quite so long.

I too have my beloved China who is, shall we say the queen of the house. I love her to pieces and get such a kick out of her, especially when her daddy comes home from work and gets on the computer. She is all over him. She must be on his lap between his arms and she looks up at him with her big golden eyes like "I love you!" and she will even reach out to touch his face while she lays there. She loves to rub her head in his goatee and so he sticks his chin out while she does it. They are a remarkable pair.

Each night as we are getting into bed I pick up my flashlight that is there at by bedstand, it has a lazor pointer in it. I turn it on and she chases the lazor light for about 5 minutes. She is so funny. Then we settle in to sleep for the night. I do not remember our life much without her. :D She is definitely a great family addition. I cant believe we have had her almost a year now, well come late February it will be a year.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Morwenna » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:00 pm

Hi, gentrygary9!

My husband and I have two cats, both shorthaired neutered males: Oreo is 9, he'll be 10 in March; he's black and white. Mackie (short for Macaroon) is red tabby with white, and he was 2 last September. They're a real pair! Oreo, never having had any littermates, and being older, is the family introvert and Mommy's boy; he comes to me for attention (though he comes to both of us for food) and for the most part doesn't play much anymore (unless I throw a jingle ball for him, or strip the bed to make it up fresh). Mackie, much younger and having had 4 littermates, wants to rassle Oreo who's having none of it, thank you. He'll play with anyone anytime, and he's the cuddle bunny, especially with his Daddy. His favorite toy is a length of gift-wrap cord that he drags around the house trying to get us to play fetch with him, or to dangle it for him.

Oreo had urinary crystals 4 years ago and spent a week at the vet undergoing catheterization (fortunately he didn't need any major surgery), and now he's on prescription food. It doesn't stop him from eating some of Mackie's food though. And he loves pork; in fact just this evening as I was sitting here eating my supper, he tried snatching some out of my bowl. I gave him a tiny bit of sausage to keep him happy. And, oddly enough, he likes coffee! But he only gets a very little on special occasions. Since then, though, he's gained weight. Before, he was three pounds less, about the same as Mackie is now, and he looked good.

Mackie used to like junk food when he was a kitten, but he hasn't begged any from us in a long time now. Maybe he's growing up for real. I'll never forget the evening I saw hubby sitting in the living room with Oreo standing on one knee eating beef jerky, and Mackie on the other eating cheese crackers!
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:08 am

Hi, gentrygary :)

I have two cats...Okun is my cat, he's about 12 (soon to be 13), he's a short haired tabby-type cat with attitude. He was recently diagnosed with diabetes and I've been working with the vet to get that under control...he was one really sick kitty. (BTW all, he jumped up on the bathroom sink last night to help mom brush her teeth...hasn't done that it a loooong time!)

Catty is about 17 and looks rather like a Himalayan. She's showing her age these days, having a hard time jumping up on things, yowling when she's lost or confused, but still pointing out to the world that as long as she's alive, she's the queen. ;)

We also have an elderly dog and two horses.

IrisBrandybuck

Postby gentrygary9 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:31 am

Greetings to all of you and thank you for all of your welcomes. It goes right along with my theory that cat lovers or even animal lovers are truly the closest thing to elves here on earth. Whenever I meet someone and they tell me they dont like animals I always tell them they are missing out on so much and unlike humans, animals only want to survive and be loved. No agenda unlike humans. And I then tell them nice meeting them and I then I run from them like I'm being chased by orcs or a balrog. :evil: :nono: lol. I'm trying to type this but have brun in front of me blocking my fingers and bijou is on my lap. A little more effort here but it's all good. As far as a nickname for me I dont know of any. Radagast is my favorite character as I relate to him and his passion for the kolver and olvar as well. And brown is my favorite color. So all take care and have a great day.
gentrygary9

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:13 am

I think the nick name of Gent would be a good one for you. Both a gentle heart and your name gentry so it fits if you do not mind. :D

I love how the kitties want to interact with you while you are trying to type a post. My kittie China does that sometimes to me but mostly to my beloved as he is trying to play his comp games. She just adores him and wont leave him alone. I will have to get a video of it sometime and post it on You Tube or something.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby gentrygary9 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:41 pm

hello moonlight dancer. Gent is fine and actually my mom calls me that. What a nice forum to participate in. Some other forums are so intense and get nasty but this one I've noticed is genteel and of like minds. Hope alls well with you and your lil china and look forward to seeing your youtube sometime soon.
gentrygary9

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:20 pm

Thank you Gent!!! China is fine today. She was quite the snuggle bunny last night. I could not move in bed without her right there by my head with her paw on my neck or cheek. She wanted to be so close last night. I love it when she is that cuddly but with my asthma it can be so trying cause I cant breath easily after a while. :roll:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Bob_the_Balrog » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:46 pm

I run from them like I'm being chased by orcs or a balrog.

I'm too old to chase people now, and Humans are too fatty, they go straight to my thighs.
Orcs are leaner - dipped in chocolate for an occasional treat they can't be beat.

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2009/12/18/funny-pictures-right-this-way-sir/
Bob_the_Balrog
Rider of the Mark

Postby gentrygary9 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Hello fellow cat lovers. wanted to add something I've learned about urinary problems in cats. One solution and which I have myself is one of the running water filter bowls instead of just a bowl of water on the floor. The running water encourages them to drink more water than just a bowl on the floor plus you dont have to worry bout filling the bowl as often and they are getting filtered water. My cats love it so just a friendly and hopefully helpful suggestion.
Take care
gentrygary9

Postby Morwenna » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:08 am

I've thought of that; our cats seem to prefer the water very fresh, and look for drips in the faucets. Problem: ours is an old building with fewer electric outlets than we really need. If such a fountain ran on batteries, I'd definitely be interested. Has anyone found one such yet?
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby gentrygary9 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:25 pm

hey morwenna,
I haven't seen battery operated one's but I will look into it though but another option which you prob have already is getting a surge strip outlets that allow you to plug in multiple things. also my cats drink alot of water which is good and they never have had urinary prob thank god which I attribute to the water filter. I will let you know what I find out though. take care.
gentrygary9

Postby Morwenna » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:11 am

We have plenty of surge protectors, but it doesn't keep from blowing out fuses or shutting off strips when anything gets too loaded (for instance, we can't run the toaster and the microwave together, or the microwave and the coffeemaker, which are all on the same strip). And then there's location: there are two, count 'em two, outlets in the kitchen, neither one near the fridge (which has to be plugged in around the corner in the dining room) which is the only place I'd want to have a kitty fountain (I don't want the water in the other rooms, and there's no outlet in the bathroom). That's why I want a battery mechanism.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Dubatuluk » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:19 am

I just found this today, hope y'all enjoy! :D

How To Wrap Presents With A Cat

1. Clear large space on table for wrapping present.
2. Go to wardrobe and collect bag in which present is contained, then close door.
3. Open door and remove cat from wardrobe.
4. Go to cupboard and retrieve rolls of wrapping paper.
5. Go back and remove cat from cupboard.
6. Go to drawer and collect transparent sticky tape, ribbons, scissors, labels, etc.
7. To determine your wrapping strategy, lay out present and wrapping materials on table.
8. Go back to drawer to get string, remove cat that has been in the drawer since last visit, and collect string.
9. Remove present from bag.
10. Remove cat from bag.
11. Open box to check present, remove cat from box, replace present.
12. Spread out paper to enable cutting to size.
13. Cut the paper to size, trying to keep the cutting line straight.
14. Throw away first sheet because cat tried to chase the scissors and tore paper.
15. Cut second sheet of paper to size by putting cat in the bag the present came from.
16. Place present on cut-to-size paper.
17. Lift up edges of paper to seal present, wonder why edges now don't reach, and find cat between present and paper. Remove cat and retry.
18. To hold paper in place, place object on paper and then cut transparent sticky tape.
19. Using a pair of nail scissors, spend next 20 minutes carefully trying to remove transparent sticky tape from cat.
20. Seal paper with transparent sticky tape, making corners as neat as possible.
21. Look for roll of ribbon; chase cat down hall and retrieve ribbon.
22. Try to wrap present with ribbon in a two-directional turn.
23. Re-roll ribbon and remove paper that is now torn, due to cat's enthusiasm in chasing ribbon end.
24. Repeat steps 12-22 until down to last sheet of paper.
25. Decide to skip steps 12-16 in order to save time and reduce risk of losing last sheet of paper. Retrieve old cardboard box that you know is right size for sheet of paper.
26. Put present in box, and tie down with string.
27. Remove string, open box and remove cat.
28. Put all packing materials in bag with present and head for lockable room.
29. Once inside room, lock door and spread out packing materials.
30. Remove cat from box, unlock door, put cat outside door, close and re-lock door.
31. Spread out last sheet of paper. (Admittedly this is difficult in the small area of the toilet, but try your best.)
32. Seal box, wrap with paper, and start repairs by carefully taping tears with transparent sticky tape. Then tie with ribbon, adding bows to hide the most damaged areas.
33. Label present, then sit back to admire your handiwork, congratulating yourself on making the best of a bad job.
34. Unlock door, and head to kitchen to make yourself a drink and feed cat.
35. Spend next 15 minutes looking for cat before coming to obvious conclusion.
36. Unwrap present, untie box, and remove cat.
37. Retrieve all discarded sheets of wrapping paper, feed cat, and retire to lockable room for last attempt, making certain you are alone and the door is locked.
38. When handing over present, smile sweetly at recipient as they try to hide their contempt at being handed such a badly-wrapped present.
39. Swear to yourself that next time, you'll get the store to wrap the darn thing for you.
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:42 am

:rofl:

Yup, that's about right!

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Morwenna » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:53 pm

:rofl: I love it! I've seen similar posts, but they always make me laugh!
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive