Guild of Michiganders (PLEASE LOCK)

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby GwenElf » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:42 pm

Auuuuggghh, 9 questions, 100 points. :shock: I bet you did better than you think! :hug:

I just drove through hyperspace snow to Kung Fu, only to find out it was cancelled. I know Steve has my email address, so I have no idea why I never get the Class Is Cancelled emails. :roll: Oh well, there were 7 of us there and we worked on stuff for about an hour, so it wasn't a waste.

Snow has stopped.. I'm rather hoping it will start up again, because my Greek prof is a wimp and is liable to cancel class if there's too much snow. :D
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arduina » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:19 pm

This is Vanaladiel!!

I am so glad that you got your snow!! I know many there and on the east coast who just really couldnt see going all winter without snow. I have had more then my share so I am glad that I could send it on your way. Enjoy it while it lasts!! :D

Sooooo....... we are planning another moot in Michigan this year. The Ladies of the Middle Aged Crazies guild is gathering again. So maybe we can set up a picnic or an evening doing something that some of you could join us at. We will be in 'Watervliet'. If you all know where that is. Anyways, last year I got to meet Old Toby, Hero_Song, Nunke, NimrodelSong, Dr.Boots, Hwesta, Borin, Meliandoriath, Gil-Estel and Dorothy (Dr.B's Mom). We had so much fun!! We are spending longer there this summer so just perhaps depending on the interest we can do something with more people.

Last year we went to Bilbo's to have dinner and got shirts. We went on a paddle boat ride out into Lake Michigan at sunset, it was beautiful, we went to lunch in St. Joes and did some shopping. We had a bon fire in the meadow of Dr. B's home. Thanks to Guruthostirn and Old Toby for digging the pit. It was such fun!! I just wish we had more time with Old Toby last year cause now he has moved away!!
Arduina
Shield Bearer

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:39 pm

Hopefully I'll be able to make it this time, Vana! :D

Any idea when it's going to be happening? If it's in early June there's going to be a big moot in Ann Arbor going on at the time, and maybe we could all come! Double-moot bash! :shock:

Nen, I hope you did okay! :hug:

We got a little snow here, but not enough to do anything interesting with. B^
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Arduina » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:19 pm

Luthy I believe it is the second weekend of June. Yup that is when it is. :D
Arduina
Shield Bearer

Postby The-Tennis-Ball-Kid » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:04 am

Wow. Look at all the big, fluffy flakes of global warming falling from the sky. :P

ttbk
The-Tennis-Ball-Kid
Mariner

Location: The East of East, Fighting Wild Were-worms in The Last Desert

Postby GwenElf » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:07 am

:rofl: I don't think any are falling right now, just blowing! C'mon, fall, fall, fall!!!

My school is closed today. Good thing it's Saturday. :roll:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:07 pm

We have no big fluffy flakes of global warming! :'(

:P

We have maybe four inches, but it's all from the snow we've been getting for days. I want feet!

I guess it's a good thing, really, since one of the biggest parties of the year is tonight and everyone's going to be dolled up and nobody wants to ruin their clothes with snow. :P Maybe it'll snow tomorrow!!!
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby oldtoby » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:41 pm

GwenElf wrote::rofl: I don't think any are falling right now, just blowing! C'mon, fall, fall, fall!!!

My school is closed today. Good thing it's Saturday. :roll:

I looked on weather .com, and theres one lonely area of snow in the whole country, right over Hudsonville. :wink:

<doesnt miss lake effect snow>
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:29 pm

It's been -25ish here, however we have had sun the last couple of days. Buffalo (which is about an hour away) is getting dumped on by snow...good thing I'm not there. And then, were I was last semester is getting 5 in an hour. I wish we had snow days..don't they know its unsafe to be walking outside in these temps! (We just won't tell them I went cross country skiing on sunday).

Well, I flat out failed the test...a 57 to be exact. Argh....hates my class.

Yay SIL!!!!!!! 5 years :) Woot! *throws a party with lots of virtual cake and ice cream*
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:10 pm

Oooo I was wondering if you were getting caught in the snow there Nen.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:54 pm

Not too bad. For all my luck its going to blizzard the day I go home for Spring break.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:23 pm

hopefully the storm going through this week will be that last big storm for you guys up there. :)
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:11 pm

One week till I'm home :) Yay!

We got about 2ft of snow...the poor horses are snowed in :( The field gates won't shut and/or they have snow blocking them....poor guys.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:51 am

We haven't gotten any more snow (or at least any more significant snow) since our Big Winter Blizzard a few weeks ago. Mef. :P

My cousin is getting married today! Squee!! Which means I have to finish all this homework before we leave... which ain't gonna happen. :P

We're 6 posts away from a new thread, people!!

~Sil
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:27 pm

We've gotten quite a bit of snow. Yesterday when my boyfriend and I were going out to dinner we had to dig his car out and it took about half an hour. :shock: Even then we had some trouble getting out!

I don't mind, though, I love snow, and his car is easier to get to now. :P
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby oldtoby » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:40 am

Dinner and snowshoveling eh, tell him there are warmer ways to make a date memorable? :wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:22 pm

Oh come on, so close to a new thread, and we're still posting like molasses in February. :P

*Busts out the coffee smoothies and generally caffeinated beverages*

Luthy-- Yikes. :shock: I'm sooo glad Dad lets me park in the garage, or I'd have the same problem. There are still cars in the GV parking lots that look like that, weeks after that big snow... obviously people just like having their cars there to look at, but not to drive. :roll:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:46 am

Maybe they're too afraid of the snow. :rofl:

I took two lovely huge falls on the ice today. :rofl: One was outside the dining hall and everyone snickered. The other one was on Middle Path and I got coffee all over myself. Apparently I just smell like a walking latte now. :rofl:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby oldtoby » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:53 am

So Nen, you gonna start us a new thread? :)
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:19 pm

New thread new thread!!!!

= 2000 posts. :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:10 pm

Thread locked at request of thread originator. :P

See you all in the new thread. :P
luthienelflover