Riders of Rohan (Second Muster)

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Riders of Rohan (Second Muster)

Postby RohanCouncil » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:41 am

Forth Eorlingas!!!
:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:

Welcome to the Riders of Rohan Guild.

We here are dedicated to the preservation and furtherance of the greatest kingdom in Middle Earth: Rohan. Of course. :P

This thread is dedicated to Rohan and its people. We post stories and poems concerning our favorite land here, discuss things relating to Rohan and its people, and we from time to time do a light RP. Below are some links to some other threads that we are apart of. One being our former thread here in Alliances and Guilds. Also, you will find links to the current major RP that we are doing over in the Prancing Pony.

Membership here in the Guild is easy: Just ask and join. :P

Your alliance does not have to be Rohan, even though it is the best looking one. :P

To join in the RPs, here are the things that you need to do:
1) You must first ask (that's the polite thing to do :P :) ).
2) You must submit an RP writing sample, like a story. This is new. Look at some of our stories in this thread or towards the end of the previous thread for examples. They don't have to be as long though.
3) And last you must post a bio of your character that you would like to use.
Currently our RP in the Pony is full, but a new one will be starting in a few months, so keep your eyes open, and there is a light one going on here now.

Please post all story submissions or poem submissions in the color green.

If you have any questions concerning Rohan or its people, then ask them here. We may not know the answer right off, but we will help you look for it.

Here are some helpful links for those looking for Role Playing helps:

Rules for Role Playing

Role Play 101

When you submit a story submission post, poem, or an RP post you earn a point. Story submissions should be somehow related to Middle Earth if at all possible.

Below are the levels that you can attain as a member of this thread, and the points required to reach that level. We are counting the light RP posts as well now, but they must be a quailty post. Not a one liner, or one that doesn't add to the story.

New Info
We have had several occasions where two posters will work together to combine a post. That is great and is the way that RPs are supposed to work. The more you work together the better off the story will be. But to keep things simple for the counts from now on, only the person who actually puts up the post on TORC will be credited for it. If the two persons work on another post together, just mix up who puts the post up.

King or Queen (1000)
Prince or Princess (700)
Marshal (400)
Captain (200)
King's Rider (100)
Rider (50)
Standard Bearer (20)
Squire (10)
Stable boy or girl :P (0-10)

Below is a member list of the Riders that we have as of right now by ranking. We took the names from those who have posted in the old thread recently or in the RP recently. If you have in the past, but not lately your seat in the hall is still available. There is a :horse: for every member at the top of the page. Every Rohirrim has to have a horse you know. :P

King's Rider Elladan_Elfhelm (Dan) 179
King's Rider Shieldmaidenofrohan (Smor) 132
King's Rider Gwenare (Gwen or Mrs Dan) 111
Rider Lark (Lark) 80
Rider RingForger (RF) 63
Rider Borin_Silversmith (Borin) 54
Standard Bearer Leofwine (Leo) 48
Standard Bearer Johnny_Flett (JF) 43
Standard Bearer Robin_Greenleaf (Robin) 43
Standard Bearer Nicasam (Nic) 36
Standard Bearer Whereismysam (Wimsie or Wims) 34
Standard Bearer Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel (Mara) 28
Standard Bearer Spirit_of_the_Willow (Willow) 23
Squire Ketha-Baranduin (Ketha) 15
Squire *ladyofrohan* (LOR) 14
Squire -l---Anduril (Andu) 12
Squire ElvenChild 1292 (EC) 11
Stable Girl Riot (Riot) 7
Stable Boy HobbitArchitect (HA) 7
Stable Boy bellmaker4 (Bell) 6
Stable Boy Idhren (Idhren) 5
Stable Girl Ilfrith (Ilfrith) 3
Stable Girl Alys (Alys) 2
Stable Boy Dragonman04 (DM) 2
Stable Boy Gilaglar (Gil)

Here are the links that we mentioned above (It should take you to closer to the end of the threads) :

Riders of Rohan First Charge

A Red Dawn Rising (Our RP ooc)

A Red Dawn Rising (IC RP)

Since several of the stories and the light RP involve characters from the RP in the Pony, here's a quick list of who's who. (Thanks to Lark for putting this together.) This will be updated as we add new people.

Writers and Characters List: (TORC Name=Character Name and history)

Elladan_Elfhelm= Elrosar: male, human, from Rohan. His brother was the captain of the eored that the companions were part of. Also brother to Elwing, and betrothed to Adrial.

*LadyofRohan*= Lathrawen: female, elf, from Mirkwood. Previously a scout for Prince Theodred.

Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel= Maranwe: female, half-elf, from Rohan. Parents were killed by orcs.

Shieldmaidenofrohan= Rowyn: female, human, from Rohan. Once dressed as a man and joined another eored before this eored was formed. Her twin brother, Haleth, rides under Eomer’s command and occasionally shows up.

-l---Anduril= Aerthos: Male, human, from Gondor. Lost his true love in a battle when she unknowingly dressed as a man to fight with him.

Dragonman04= Daman: Male, dark elf, from? . Had the power to shape-shift until Saruman invaded his mind.

HobbitArchitect= Andwise: male, hobbit, from The Shire. Lost his wife and two children in an orc raid.

Lark= Lark (or Larkspur): female, human, from Rohan. Married to an elf from Mirkwood, Ranthim, who has joined the companions now.

Nicasam= Natan: male half Rohirrim/half elf of Mirkwood. He was an errand Rider for Erkenbrand, but has since been assigned to Elrosar’s eored. He is somehow related to Legolas. Apparently is in love with Rowyn. :shock:

Idhren=Hadorthal: male Rohirrim. Hadorthal was a member of Théoden's Elite guard. He is decended from Folcwine and thus is distantly related to the royal family.

ElvenChild1292=Ariem Ingull: female human from Rohan. Her grandfather was a guard for Theoden, and raised her after her parents were slain by orcs.

Johnny_Flett=Ranthim Faroth: Male Elf of Mirkwood. Left Mirkwood in search of his wife, Lark. He is currently fighting as a Rider of Rohan. (In SW RP, also known as Boba Flett.)

whereismysam (Wimsie)=Elwing: Female, human, from Rohan. Sister of Elrosar, secretly joined the eored after Helm's Deep to protect her brothers Elrosar and Eldamir. He has just learned she is there.

Gwenare (Gwen) =Adrial: Female, human, from Rohan. Betrothed to Elrosar. Followed the eored to the Pelennor to try to warn Elrosar that Elwing was with them, but arrived after he already found out.

Ketha-Baranduin (Ketha) = Ketha: female hobbit from the Shire. Was sent to Rohan by Gandalf.

RingForger (RF) = Eohelm: male half human/half elf, from Rohan near Fangorn. Lived alone with his horse, Anarienga, in the forest for much of his life. He doesn't know that he is half elf, or where he came from orginally.

Riot= Roita; goes by Riot, female, Ranger of the North. Of Numenorean descent, she possesses the stereotypical gray eyes and dark hair. Though some have referred to her eyes as "slanty," and speculated that her origins pertain to Easterlings, Numenoreans, and drunken revels in the dark.

Borin= Borin: male dwarf; son of Oin cousin to Gimli; quite handsome Dwarf; Master Craftsman in all types of metals...maker of weapons, tools and jewelry; enjoys travels and adventures.

Robin_Greenleaf= Robin; female elf?; Lady Robin, daughter to Orome and Vana of the Valar. She has been allowed to travel to Middle Earth to help against the evils that plague the land. She was to marry an elven warrior, but he was killed in the battle of The Last Alliance. Now she finds solace in the free peoples of Middle Earth.

The rules on TORC apply here as well, and we will strive to uphold the TOS and the Vision of TORC to the best of our ability.

Thanks for stopping by, and welcome to our members.

The Rohan Council
Last edited by RohanCouncil on Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:04 pm, edited 213 times in total.
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:22 pm

Since my story is fairly new, I have copied all three chapters to here. We may want to do that with the others as well. Mine will carry on here in this thread, and it will be fairly long. Lots of ideas for it. :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun quickly dropped down below the horizon, and the light began to fade fast on this early autumn day. The wagon bounced around on the not so smooth road, and Elrosar hoped that they wouldn’t have any more problems with the old wagon. His family had had that wagon longer than he had been alive, and he was already thirteen. The wagon really needed to be scraped, but his family couldn’t afford a new one until the money from the harvest came in.

Elrosar steered Galdor a little closer to the wagon to see if he could pick out any damage to the used replacement wheel that they had had to buy. Elrosar’s dad, Elamar, had haggled the blacksmith down to a very reasonable price for the used wheel. Elamar used his status as a Rider to get a price that was usually lower for one of his position, and the family decided to tuff out one more winter with the old wagon.

They were on their way back to their home in the Westfold, not far from the fortress of Helm’s Deep. The family had traveled to Edoras on their annual trek to visit Elrosar’s mother’s family. Elrosar didn’t much care for the visiting time, but he thoroughly enjoyed the time in the capital city. He was able to see many of the King’s personal knights, and got to watch some of the better equipped and trained Riders practice their maneuvers not far from the city.

The whole family, as usual, had made the trip, Elrosar’s mom and dad, his two older brothers, Eldamir and Hammond, and his seven-year-old sister, Elwing. Also, his uncle on his mother’s side, Bremor had made the journey with them this year as well. He was an older man, his wife had died during the early part of the year, and he was glad to get away from home for a while.

Bremor was driving the wagon, and Elrosar’s mother Elwin, was riding beside her brother. The rest were all mounted on their own horses, except for Elwing. She bounced around from riding with Elamar to Eldamir to Hammond every thirty minutes or so. She really enjoyed riding a horse, and she even had her own pony back home. Their father was afraid that the long journey would have been too hard on the pony, so they had left him at home.

Elrosar laughed silently at his sister, as she constantly asked how much farther they were from home. The damaged wheel had delayed them for almost a whole day of riding, and they were going to have to stop and make camp soon for the night. Elrosar didn’t think that they would travel in the dark, at least he hoped not. It was hard enough for his uncle to avoid the numerous holes in the road in the daylight, much less not being able to see them at night.

Finally Elamar called for a halt, and they all dismounted and stretched their legs. “This looks like a good enough place as any to make camp for the night.” He said as he looked around the area. There were in mostly an open grassy area, with only a few trees here and there to break up the scenery. “Elrosar, see if you can get a fire going, while your brothers and I get the two tents set up.”

“Can I help, can I help?” Elwing asked quickly to her father.

He gave her a very warm smile. “Yes, you can help Elrosar with the fire.” He said as he brushed her long hair from her eyes. “But let him do the striking. I don’t want you to get burned.”

“I will, thanks father.” She said and rushed over to the wagon where Elrosar was pulling out some firewood. “Father told me to help you.” She told her older brother.

“Are you sure you heard right?” Elrosar asked mischievously.

“Ro, now that isn’t nice.” His mother said from atop the wagon. “You heard your father too. Let her help.”

“I was going to mother.” He said as he picked up more firewood, and then looked at his sister. She stuck her tongue out quickly at him, and smiled broadly. The smile quickly faded away when he dropped some firewood into her outstretched arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elrosar and Elwing carried the wood over to where the fire was going to be, and dropped it onto the ground. Elrosar let Elwing stack the wood up in a nice frame for burning. Then they went back to the wagon and got some dried out straw and took it back to the woodpile and placed it under the wood.

“Ok, stand back El. I don’t want to catch your hair on fire.” Elrosar said as he opened up the tinderbox.

Elwing stepped back a little, and watched as her brother began working on getting a fire going. She grew impatient after a little while, so she moved to her left until she was directly behind him. “Can I try?” She asked as she peeked over his shoulder.

“Father said I couldn’t let you.” He replied bluntly and continued working.

“But you don’t have to tell him.” She suggested, and gave him a big grin.

“No El, no. Now stand back.” Elwing let out a slight grunt of disapproval, but obediently stepped back as Elrosar struck the tinder together harder this time. Sparks sprayed off the rock and landed amongst the straw. He blew and fanned it a little, and soon a small fire had started, and the closest log began to catch as well.

“You did it.” Elwing said triumphantly.

“Yeah I did didn’t I? It was easier this time for some reason. Maybe the wood was drier, plus we haven’t had any rain in a week.” He thought out loud.

“Perhaps it was because I was helping you!” His sister said proudly.

Elrosar looked at her and grinned. “Well, I don….” He paused for a second as she looked at him with her big blue eyes. “Well, I think maybe it was because you helped.” He said and grabbed her around the shoulders and began to rough up her hair. She fought back, and ended up kicking him in the shin, so he would let her go.

“Ha! Take that!” She said, and then turned and began to run away.

Elrosar rubbed his shin with his hands, and he was glad that his sister just had on her sandals, at least they were a little softer than riding boots. He took off after her, intent on messing up her hair some more. It was getting darker now, but Elrosar could pick out his sister well, because she had on her white tunic. He quickly caught up to her, and reached out to grab her. As soon as his hand reached her arm both of them crashed into a tall dark figure that neither of them had seen standing there.

Separately they would have just bounced off of the figure, but together they bowled it over, and the three wound up in a pile in the tall grass. “Oops.” Elwing said as she recognized her father lying on his back below the two siblings.

“Well, since you two seem to have extra time on your hands. You can feed and brush the horses before dinner.” He said with a smile, and Elrosar and Elwing just groaned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally Elrosar and Elwing were able to get the horses feed and brushed, their brother Hammond felt slightly sorry for them, so he did lend a hand with the brushing part. After that the family all sat down around the fire to eat. Elwin had the food ready for all of them, and Elrosar devoured his quickly, as soon as they had given thanks.

“Father, when will we be home?” Elwing asked as she nibbled on a piece of bread.

“We should be home by nightfall tomorrow night, so long as we have no other delays.” Elamar instinctively looked over at the wagon. “I just hope we don’t have any more problems. I would hate to have to carry the stuff we bought back in Edoras the rest of the way home.”

“Honey, it will be ok.” Elwin said. She was always trying to reassure her husband, and she usually did a good job. “Elwing, will you help me clean up?”

“Yes mother.” Elwing replied, and the two went to work on rinsing off the dishes as best they could. They had brought extra water with them in skins on the wagon, just in case the streams in the area were dry.

Elamar, the sons, and Bremor all stayed around the fire. Elamar, Bremor, and Eldamir all pulled out their pipes, and lit them. Hammond couldn’t handle smoking for some reason, and Elrosar was too young. They sat in silence for a long time, and Elrosar just leaned back and looked up at the stars. Just as he started watching the stars, they suddenly began to disappear. “Clouds are moving in.” He said, and the others all looked up to the dark sky as well.

“Yes, it just might rain, look.” Eldamir said as he pointed off into the west, and they all noticed the flash of lightning in the distance.

Elwin and Elwing then joined the men around the fire, and they all kept their eyes on the western sky, and they watched as the lightning got closer and closer. The wind began to pick up slightly, and the air moistened with the coming rain.

“We better tie the horses up to the tents.” Elamar said. He stood, and extinguished his pipe. “Get any thing loose out of the wagon, just in case the wind gets too bad as well.” The men all went to the horses and brought them over to the tents and tied them up there. Elrosar, Elwing, and their mother gathered up the bedrolls, the loose items, and everything else that they didn’t want to get wet, and took them inside the tents.

They had all just got inside the tents when the storm hit. The horses protested to being stuck out in the rain, but made no attempt to try and break their ropes. The wind wasn’t too bad, but the lightning was awful. Elwing stayed close to her mother, as the rain pounded down on the tents. They were all in one tent together just in case they needed to hold the tent down.

They had made their camp alongside the road, and there were only a few trees any where near them. Suddenly a bright flash, and a loud boom sounded, and they knew that one of the few trees nearby had been hit. Then they heard the crash as it fell to the ground, and they all groaned as they realized what the tree had landed on.

Dan
Last edited by Elladan_Elfhelm on Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby lark » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:59 pm

Excellent Job Dan. :clap: :thumbsup: Everything looks great. :D The only other thing I can think of would be a link to where our RP began if you think it useful. I think it was on page 31 of the old thread.

I’d be happy to move my finished story over here to if you like. :)

Are we still thinking about a light RP? :?
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:04 pm

lark wrote:
I’d be happy to move my finished story over here to if you like. :)

Are we still thinking about a light RP? :?

Thanks Lark. We can still edit, add, and subtract stuff from here.

Yeah, go ahead and move your story here too if you want too, and Smor can bring her's as well. I think Mara did one also. When Smor and Wimsie get back, we can discuss advancement procedures. :)

Yes, the light RP here will be fine. We can wait till Smor and Wimsie get back, and see how we want to proceed.

If for some reason the Link to our first Guild thread doesn't work. The thread is in The General Library. Thanks again Gil. :)

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby lark » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:22 pm

Well I wasn’t sure if I wanted to move the entire story here or not since it’s so long, but I guess since no one else has posted, I will. :) It sure is quiet here with Smor and Wimsie gone. :(

~*~*~The Meeting of Larkspur and Ranthim~*~*~

Lark stood at the edge of Mirkwood staring into it’s gloomy depths. The dark, sinister trees overlapped one another in such a tangle that they completely blocked out the light of day. She took a deep breath. “This is it, Viggo.” She said to her horse. The heavy draft mix laid one ear back as he chewed a mouthful of grass and stared blankly at her. “I’m going to walk into those woods, and I’ll never be heard from again.” She let the last word trail off dramatically. Viggo snorted then bent his neck for another clump of grass. “Don’t try to talk me out of it boy. It’s the only way.” She sighed and took a step forward.

The sound of running water caught her ear and she paused. Looking toward the sound, she noticed for the first time, a small clear stream flowing out from the forest not far from the spot where she stood. Curious, she walked to it and saw that just within the line of trees, the stream formed a quiet little pool, lined with moss covered rocks, and overhung by large trees so that only a dappling of light shined through.

It was a warm day, and Lark had been traveling for a long time. The water looked so cool and inviting, she decided that it may not be such a bad thing to allow herself the luxury of a last bath before loosing herself forever in the black woods as she intended.

She looked around carefully to confirm the seclusion of the spot, then disrobed, placing her clothing on a large rock. Gingerly she made her way across the rocks to the water’s edge. She extended one foot to test the water temperature with her toes when a clear voice rang out from behind her. “I would not do that if I were you Milady! The waters that flow from Greenwood are not safe!”

Lark wheeled around nearly loosing her balance in the process. Catching herself, she looked up to see what she could only assume to be a wood-elf, though he looked like no elf she had ever seen before. His features were fair like an elf, and pointed ears stuck out in front of his long bronze hair, but he was broad and muscular, with wide shoulders, and to her amazement, course stubble could be plainly seen on his chin and jaw line. He stood smiling at her, and she suddenly realized he had one foot resting on the rock with her clothing!

Lark blushed and covered herself as best she could with her arms. “Thank you for the warning, Master Elf. Now, would you mind averting your eyes while I collect my clothing and put them on?”

The elf’s smile widened. “Why in the world would I want to do that?”

The red of Lark’s face deepened. Now she was embarrassed and angry. “Kindly give me my clothing…Please!” She gritted her teeth a little.

The elf laughed. “By all means, come and get them.” He leaned heavily on the leg that was resting on her clothes.

Lark was growing furious. Reaching down quickly, she grabbed up a rock with one hand, while covering what she could of herself with the other, and threw it at the elf. Her aim was true, but he ducked lightly to one side, easily avoiding it. “That was pretty good.” He said. “I’ll make a deal with you. If you can hit me, I’ll gladly give you your clothing and even cover my eyes while you dress. Deal?”

Lark didn’t answer. Knowing she would never hit him that way, she quickly grabbed up a handful of rocks, and flung them at him as hard as she could, sending them flying all around him. He ducked and dodged, but could not avoid them all. One of the larger ones struck him on the head, and he fell flat on his back, and laid there, motionless.

Lark let a couple of seconds pass, but still he did not move. “Master Elf?” she called, but he didn’t reply. Warily, she approached. His eyes were closed and he seemed unconscious, but Lark did not trust him. She snatched up her tunic before getting any closer then necessary, and hastily put it on, along with her riding breeches. “Master Elf?” She said again, bending down near to him. “Sir…are you hurt?”

The elf opened one eye, then the other. “That was cheating!” He said with a smile.

Lark sighed with relief, then kicked him. “That’s what you get, you scoundrel! I thought all elves were fair and wise and all that!”

The elf laughed, and despite her anger, Lark though the sound was lovely. “I don’t know who told you that.” He sat up and looked at her. “I can lead you to safe water if you wish.”

“Don’t bother.” Lark sighed. “I don’t need water”

“Then why are you here?” He asked, getting to his feet.

Lark looked him over. A cad, perhaps, but she had to admit to herself he was quite handsome, and he seemed quite friendly now. Or maybe she was just in such need of a friend, she thought he was. She wasn’t sure, but sometimes it’s easier to talk to a stranger then to someone close to you.

“I came here to escape.” She said. “Or at least, to disappear.”

“Mirkwood is a good place for that, but it’s not safe for those who are not familiar with it.” He said.

“I know.” Lark answered sadly, and looked away.

The elf’s smile had faded and was replaced with a look of concern. “I see. So it is your intention to disappear permanently. May I ask why?”

“Because my parents wish me to marry a man I do not love, and could never love.” Lark sat on the rock where her clothes had been and continued. “I don’t know what else to do. I cannot marry that boorish, oaf, but if I don’t…my parents just don’t see him as I do. They see only his land holdings and his place in the community and think he would be the perfect husband, but when I think of spending the rest of my life with him…” Lark shuddered.

The elf sat down next to her. “So, rather then go against your parent’s wishes, you would end your own life?”

Lark shrugged in response. The elf sat thinking over her situation for a moment. “Why don’t you just marry me instead? I‘m neither boorish, nor an oaf.”

Lark nearly fell off the rock. “Marry you!” She sat gaping at him trying to think of something better to say, but unable to come up with anything, she repeated herself. “Marry you?”

“Sure, why not?” The elf’s mischievous smile had returned. He seemed to be enjoying Lark’s confusion immensely.

“Why not!” She echoed. “Why not? Well, for starters, you’re an elf, and I’m a mortal!”

The elf shrugged. “So it’ll be fun while it lasts. I’m serious Milady. I would be faithful to you, even in your elder years. After all, I’ve got plenty of time on my hands. When your time is over, I’ll be no worse off then I am now.”

Lark stared at him, struggling for words. “I don’t even know your name!”

“That’s easy enough to fix.” He stood up, then bowed low before her. “I am Ranthim Faroth, but there are some who call me Johnny Flett.” He looked up to meet her eye. “That’s Flett with two Ts.” He winked. Then he stood again, taking her hand in his. “And you are?”

Lark hesitated, struggling to remember her own name. “Lark…er…Larkspur of Westfold. You can call me Lark…if you wish.”

“Very well, Larkspur of Westfold.” He pulled her to her feet, then knelt ceremoniously in front of her, still holding her hand. “Will you tarry with me here in Mirkwood, and consider becoming my wife?” He kissed her hand gently then looked back up at her expectantly.

Lark stared at him wide eyed and with mouth agape. The whole thing was so preposterous! So Irrational! And yet, there was something quite natural and inviting about it too. “I don’t even know you.” She said weakly.

“You will.” He smiled again, and Lark found it quite charming.

She glanced back at the dark, foreboding forest behind them. Certainly this had to be better then the alternative. She closed her eyes briefly and allowed herself to let go of her reservations and fear. She opened her eyes again and looked into the face of the handsome elf before her. “Sure, why not?”

“Excellent!” He said, getting to his feet again. “Get your horse and any gear you have. I’m currently on furlough, but I am in the King’s guard, and will need to return to the Elven King’s Halls in a week. We can spend that time getting to know one another. Then, you can meet my Mother.”

“Your Mother?” Lark asked. “What have I gotten myself into?”

Ranthim laughed again, and the sound of it made Lark forget her worries. She saddled Viggo and the two mounted, and started off into the woods together.

~*~*~*~*~

Deeper into the woods the two rode, until the sun light was blocked out almost entirely. Lark felt quite fearful of the forest, but Ranthim seemed so at ease, she decided to trust that he knew what he was doing and where he was taking them. She allowed him to ride in front, controlling Viggo‘s direction.

“This is an interesting horse you have.” He said at last. “Not what I would expect form Rohan, but still a fine animal. My people have long bought their breeding stock from your land, but I’ve never seen them come back with an animal like this.”

Lark had the distinct feeling that he was teasing her. “Viggo was sired by my Grandfather’s old warhorse. His dam was my Father’s best plow mare. He may seem a bit slow, but he is fearless.” She said defensively.

Catching the tone of her voice, he turned back to smile at her. “Don’t worry. I’m not so foolish as to insult the horse of a maiden of Rohan.”

She relaxed a bit, and decided to do a little questioning of her own. “If we’re to be married, perhaps we should know more about each other.”

“What would you like to know?”

“Well…I’ll admit that I’ve had little contact with elves in the past, but I must say, you don’t look at all like the elves I’ve seen before. I mean, you have the ears, but…”

“Yes, I do stand out a little, don’t I.” He said proudly running his hand over the stubble on his chin. “I’m of a mixed lineage.”

“You’re not a full blooded elf?” Lark said a little surprised. It made sense now that he said it, but she hadn’t thought of it before. “Are you half human?”

“No actually. My Father was a dwarf…none other then the Black Dwarf Bladdathor, son of Gladabag, the scourge of Drengist.” He said dramatically, then glanced back to see her reaction.

“A dwarf!?” Lark said in disbelief. She had no idea who Bladdathor, or Gladabag were, and she wasn’t even sure where Drengist was, but the fact that he could be half dwarf and half elf shocked Lark to her foundation. “You’re half dwarf? But how? I thought…”

“That dwarves and elves hate each other? They do, for the most part. It seems my Father came upon my Mother, Anna Nicolien, as she was practicing looking mournful, deep in the forest. I was born shortly there after.” He said smiling broadly, as if it had been some great achievement of his.

Lark paused, choosing her words carefully. “You mean, your Mother…wasn’t a willing participant?”

Now it was Ranthim’s turn to pause. “You know, I’m not sure. I’ve never asked her, and she never speaks of it. The elvish council, however, thought it a terrible abomination, and hunted long for my Father to carry out a death sentence, but never found him. There were those who were in favor of destroying the child as well, but my Mother had friends on the council, and she was allowed to raise me.” He turned to look at her with a serious expression. “You should know, I am not a favorite in Thranduil’s court.”

Lark nodded trying to let it all soak in. “So your Father could still be alive?” She tried to hide the fear in her voice, but the thought of having someone known as The Scourge of Drengist for a father-in-law didn’t sound good.

“I’m quite sure he’s dead by now. Dwarves just don’t live that long.”

“And how old are you?” Lark asked, knowing that dwarves were quite long lived.

Ranthim shrugged. “I’ve been around for as long as I can remember. You can ask my Mother when you meet her, if you like.”

Lark was about to answer, when Ranthim suddenly pulled Viggo to an abrupt halt and signaled Lark to keep silent. “Do you hear that?” He whispered at last.

Lark shook her head, not hearing anything but the normal sounds of the forest.

“Spiders.” He whispered. “They’re further south then normal…sounds like they’ve caught something…lets check it out.” He slid silently from Viggo’s saddle and Lark followed as quietly as she could. They kept low, moving through the brush, until Ranthim gestured for Lark to look through an opening in the undergrowth. There in a little clearing, was an enormous spider. Bigger then anything Lark had ever seen. It was wrapping something up slowly with silk. Muffled screams could be head from within.

Lark turned to Ranthim and whispered. “You’ve got to do something.”

“Why?” Came Ranthim’s response.

“That monster has someone, and it’s going to kill him.”

Ranthim shrugged. “It’s nobody I know.” Lark shot him a look that showed she was not going to be dissuaded. He sighed, rolling his eyes, then pulled his bow off his back. Expertly, he strung it and pulled taught the string, not letting the arrow hang on his arm for more then an instant before it whistled away, and drove deep into it’s target. The mighty spider screamed and writhed with pain for a moment, before drawing it’s twitching legs up to it’s hideous body and then lay still. Lark rushed out to help the spiders victim, not noticing that Ranthim stayed back, still concealed in the underbrush.

Avoiding the great spider as much as possible, she pulled a dagger from her belt and started sawing through the tough cords. The man emerged from the spiders web coughing and gasping for air. Lark cut the rest of the cords from his feet, then laying a hand on his shoulder, spoke with concern. “Sir, are you hurt?”

The man took a deep breath, recovering for a moment. Then with a swift motion, he jerked the dagger from Lark’s hand, and had her pinned to the ground with the blade pressed to her throat. “Thanks for the rescue, Milady.” He said with an evil grin on his dark face. “But, I-”

His response was cut short by the arrow that was suddenly protruding from his throat. He fell to the ground, away from Lark, clawing madly at the projectile in his death throws. Lark staggered to her feet, gasping with fright and stumbled into Ranthim who had just come out of the undergrowth, bow still in hand. “You!…He!…”She gasped, trying to put the words together. “You killed him!”

“Yes.” Ranthim said, looking down at the man’s body, still twitching on the ground. “I’m afraid few people of good intention come through Mirkwood these days. I should have warned you.”

“But…but, you killed him!” Lark said again.

Ranthim looked at her pale face, and suddenly understood. “You’ve never seen another person be killed before, have you.”

Lark shook her head, still in shock. “I grew up on a farm…I couldn’t even watch Father slaughter pigs…I can’t believe you just…just…I think I’m going to be sick!” Lark said suddenly.

Ranthim turned his head politely as Lark proceeded to Summon the Earl. After giving her a moment, he spoke to her again, gently. “Lark, what did you do on the farm if a fox got into the henhouse?”

Lark took a deep breath then answered in a shaky voice. “You have to hunt it down and kill it, or it will come back and kill all the chickens. But he was no fox.” She added looking again at the still body of the dark man.

“No he wasn’t. But, you, my dear, are no hen either.” He took her gently by the arm and started leading her away.

“Should we at least bury him?” She asked, glancing back.

“The roots here are far too thick, besides, there will be no need.” already his sharp eyes had caught the shadow of creatures slinking about in the brush, eager to dispose of the bodies of both the man and the spider.

As they reached Viggo and remounted, Ranthim changed the subject. “It will take us a couple of days to reach the elvish stronghold in the north, I think I should spend some of that time teaching you to defend yourself. Have you a sword?”

“No, only my dagger.” she said wincing a little at the memory of the man’s face as he had held her own blade at her throat.

“Tomorrow I will fashion a quarter staff for you and start training you to use it. You could probably use a bow too.” He said, going over in his mind all he would need to properly equip her for life in the forest. “It’s getting late now though. We’ll stop and make camp soon.” Glancing back, he saw the look on Lark’s face and laughed. “Don’t worry, my dear. Separate sleeping quarters until we’re married. I promise.”

Lark sighed with relief. Already the day had been far more eventful then she had expected. All she wanted now was a good meal, and a quiet nights sleep.

~*~*~*~*~

Lark woke to the sound of birds twittering nearby. Slowly she opened her eyes and rolled over. A small flock of gray-brown birds were bathing and chirping cheerfully in a little pool nestled in the roots of a tree. Lark admired them for a moment, thinking that maybe Mirkwood wasn’t as bad as she had thought. There was a sudden flash of black fur and the startled birds took to the air. A small black rabbit leaped out of the bushes and caught a bird with it‘s mouth in mid air. Viciously it ripped it’s head off as it landed lightly on the ground. Lark gasped and the rabbit leered at her for a second with feathers still drifting down about it before hopping back into the bushes with the flopping carcass still in it’s mouth.

Jumping to her feet, Lark heard Ranthim’s cheerful voice behind her. “He really nailed that one, didn’t he!”

She stared at him for a moment. “Are all the rabbits in Mirkwood like that?”

“No.” He responded. “Some of them are brown. Would you like some breakfast dear?”

~~~

They rode on together for the next few days, meandering in a northerly direction. Ranthim took great delight in showing Lark some of the more interesting sights in Mirkwood. Some were fearsome and fascinating and others were charming in their own way. Each day he would take time out to teach her how to fight and defend herself, and they spent a lot of time just talking and getting to know one another.

All too soon for Lark the path opened up and a large guarded gate came into view just beyond a narrow bridge. They had reached the Northern Stronghold and the Elven King’s Halls. Lark took a deep breath. “Are you sure this is a good idea?”

“Not to worry.” Ranthim said confidently. “As long as you’re with me, nothing bad will happen to you.”

“What about your Mother? What will she think?” Lark said nervously.

Ranthim smiled reassuringly. “I’m sure Mother will love you.”

“Really?”

“No…But don’t worry. I can handle her.”

The two rode across the bridge and Ranthim pulled Viggo to a stop, calling one of the guards to him as he did so. The elf walked up obediently and Ranthim spoke to him in Sindarin. The other elf glanced curiously at Lark, then responded to Ranthim, referring to him as Kano. He then nodded respectfully and returned to his post by the gate.

Ranthim then guided Viggo to the left of the gate and on to a smaller path that wound it’s way up the hill. Lark glanced back noting the respect the other elf had shown to him. “He called you Kano. What does that mean?”

“Commander.” He said flatly, though she thought she could sense some annoyance about the way he said it.

“I didn’t know you had rank in the King’s guard.” She said, quite impressed.

“I don’t. At least, not at the moment. I do occasionally. Some of the others still recognize me that way.’

“You mean you’ve been busted down?”

“I told you I was no favorite of Thranduil.” He said.

Lark thought about this for a moment as they rode further up the hill. “What about our marriage? Will we need the king’s approval?”

“Yes, but if I can convince Mother that it’s a good idea, Thranduil won’t disagree with her.” He said smiling slyly.

“Thranduil likes your Mother?” She asked.

Ranthim snickered. “No, he’s afraid of her.”

“Afraid?” Lark gulped, wondering once again what she had gotten herself into.

They rounded a bend as they came to the top of the hill. The trees were fewer and larger here, allowing the midday sun to shine through in golden shafts of light. Lark began to notice elegant, semi-hidden dwellings in and among the trees. Some were almost on the ground, beautifully carved into the trunks, while others were high in the branches roofed by leaves. At last they came to a halt in front of a great moss covered tree. The dwelling in it was midway up, perched in the lower branches. Lark was slightly relieved to see that this one had steps winding their way up to it, unlike some that had no other means of ascension then a narrow rope.

“Is this your Mother’s home?” She asked trying not to sound fearful.

Ranthim leaped down lightly form Viggo’s back and offered Lark his hand. “No, this is my place, soon to be our place.” He winked. “I thought you might like to freshen up a bit.”

She followed him up the steps to the entrance, full of curiosity and expectation. He ushered her in politely, and for a moment she could do nothing but stare. In many ways, it was just what she had expected. The architecture was open and elegant, mixing beauty and function like so many elvish made items she had seen in the past. The one notable difference was that it was a complete and total mess. Scrolls, papers and parchments covered every surface and spilled on to the floor. Embroidered pillows and blankets were scattered haphazardly over the furniture. A masculine odor along with the smell of pipe weed hung heavily in the air. “Uh…nice place.” Was all Lark could come up with.

“Thanks.” Ranthim smiled. “Sorry I didn’t tidy up before I left. I didn’t know I would be having company.” He pulled out a chair from a large oval table to offer her a seat. A Mirkwoosean rabbit, who had been occupying it growled fiercely before hopping down and bouncing out the door. Lark sat, trying not to actually touch anything. “I’ll be back in a sec. Make yourself at home!” He beamed.

Lark nodded feebly as he disappeared into the next room. She glanced over the mess on the table top. There was an abundance of maps, along with long scrolls written in elvish and several unfinished blueprints of devices so strange, Lark could not even imagine their purpose. Ranthim reappeared shortly wearing clean clothing and with his face freshly scrubbed.

He handed her some clothes. “I’m afraid all I have are men’s clothing, but I think these will fit you and they are at least clean. There’s a basin of clean water in the next room. Take as long as you like.”

Lark took the clothing and entered the next room which was just as messy as the first. She sighed heavily. Among her people it was the woman’s responsibility to maintain the home. She hoped he wasn’t marrying her just to keep house for him.

She washed up quickly and put the clothing on, stopping to look at herself in a tall mirror in one corner of the room. Despite being men’s clothing, Lark thought them to be the finest she had ever worn. The shirt was a sage green with beautiful scrolling embroidery up the front. There were no buttons, but it was laced in a clever fashion which allowed her to adjust the size perfectly. The pants were of the softest leather she had ever felt and a lovely shade of red-brown. Like a fine sorrel horse, Lark thought to herself. They were a tad long and she had to cuff the bottom a little, but the waist laced up same as the shirt had, allowing another perfect fit. She used the corner of a blanket to clean off the top of her old riding boots, figuring Rathin wouldn’t notice anyway.

She found a brush near the mirror so she unbound her long yellow hair and started working through the tangles. She thought about braiding it, but the elves were so skilled at such things, she would have felt quite inadequate at it. She considered asking Ranthim to do it for her, but that would have just been to weird. She decided to leave it down.

Emerging from the room, she was pleased to find Ranthim cleaning. Many of the papers had been stacked up or thrown away, and he was folding a blanket as she walked in. He looked up and smiled admiringly at her. “You look lovely.” He said. Lark smiled and looked down. “Ready to meet Mother?”

Lark’s smile faded. “I guess…” She said slowly. Ranthim walked to her, kissed her forehead and put his arms around her. She looked up into his face, and felt her courage returning. Whatever lay ahead would be worth it she decided. “Yes, I’m ready.” she smiled again.

~*~*~*~

Freshly washed, and wearing clean clothing once again, Lark and Ranthim set off to meet his Mother, the fair and fearsome Anna Nicolien. They rode Viggo back down the same path they had come up in the afternoon. The sun was now in the west, and the slanted shafts of light that broke through the canopy were a lovely rose color, but Lark was far to nervous to appreciate the beauty of it.

It wasn’t long before Thanduil’s great fortress came into view again, but before they came to the wider path that led to the main gate, Ranthim guided Viggo on to a narrow path that took them to a smaller side entrance. This was guarded by two elves who called out a challenge as they approached. Ranthim called something back to them that Lark didn’t understand, and the guards both stepped aside and allowed them to pass. It occurred to Lark then that she really needed to learn some of their language.

Once inside, Lark found that they were in the loveliest stable she had ever seen. Even more impressive then the stable itself were the elvish horses lined up in their stalls. They were mostly gray or roan, but there were also fine duns with pronounced dorsal and leg stripes. Lark could have spent the rest of the day wondering about that stable, looking over each animal, but they had come for a different reason and Lark heaved a sigh as they dismounted and entered the main structure.

Inside the great structure the architecture was stunningly beautiful and completely confusing. Ranthim led the way as the walked down long corridors and through arched doorways, sometimes going up a flight of stairs only to turn a corner and go back down another flight until Lark was hopelessly lost. But around each turn and through each door there were new and amazing sights to see. Elaborate tapestries, domed ceilings and enormous windows kept the trip interesting, and as nervous as she was about meeting his Mother, Lark didn’t care if the journey never came to an end. But, at last, it did, as they came to a stop in front of an elaborately carved door and the end of a short hall.

Lark took a deep breath and Ranthim smiled at her. He knocked twice on the door then opened it and walked in, pulling Lark in behind him. In the middle of the room, on a large cushioned couch, sat Ranthim’s Mother. Though still apprehensive, Lark thought she was quite beautiful to behold with golden hair and ivory skin. There was a tapestry spread over her lap that she was working on and she did not look up as they entered her room until Ranthim called out:. “Mo-ther! You’re ho-ome!”

The matronly she-elf looked about herself then up at Ranthim. “Oh…thank you dear. Have a seat.” Ranthim sat on a carved wooden chair across from his Mother and gestured for Lark to sit in the chair next to him. Apparently ignoring Lark’s presence, Anna Nicolien went back to her needle work as she spoke to her son. “So Ranthim, where have you been all these long years?”

Ranthim sighed. “It hasn’t been years Mother, only a week, and I’ve been on furlough.”

“Years…weeks…what difference does it make to a son who never wants to visit his loving mother?” She said dramatically.

“I don’t know.” Ranthim shrugged. “Anyway, I’ve brought someone for you to meet.”

At this, Anna Nicolien raised her fair head and faced Lark for the first time. Lark had no idea what to do, so she just sat there awkwardly doing nothing as Ranthim’s Mother looked her over skeptically. After what seemed like forever, Ranthim spoke again. “This is Larkspur of Rohan, Mother. I’m going to marry her.”

“A mortal woman?” Anna Nicolien sighed heavily, rolling her eyes as she did so. “Oh Ranthim, you make me tired.” She said.

Lark cringed, wishing she could run and hide. I should have know. She thought to herself. Ranthim stood, quickly catching his Mother by the elbow and bringing her to her feet. “Excuse us for a moment, wont you please Lark, my dear?” Surprised, Lark nodded as Ranthim gently escorted his Mother to the next room. There was no door between the two rooms and Lark sat fidgeting as they spoke, unable to keep from hearing every word.

“Sit down Mother.” Ranthim said in a gentle yet commanding tone. There was a moment of silence before he continued. “Mother, how old am I?”

“I don’t know Ranthim.” She said sounding very annoyed. “Gil-galad was still around… how long has that been?”

“Never mind Mother. The point is, I’ve been around for a long time.” She could hear him pacing now as he talked. “I’ve grown weary of this life…weary of Middle-Earth. There’s not much left here for me to see or do. I’ve experienced nearly everything there is to experience and I’ve become tired.”

“Ranthim…are you saying you wish to leave these shores?” His Mother’s tone had changed and she sounded quite grave now.

There was a pause and Ranthim’s pacing stopped. “Let me marry this woman Mother. Let me love her and be loved by her for a time, and when her life comes to an end, if my grief does not take me to the grave with her, I will leave this place and go into the West.” There was another pause. “This is my last chance to experience love Mother.”

Seconds ticked by with nothing but silence. Lark felt suddenly sick. What if his mother refused him? Up until now, Lark had taken this whole marriage quite casually. Merely an alternative to suicide. In fact, she had purposely prevented herself from giving it any serious thought until now, when she feared it wouldn’t happen. Lark’s heart seemed to skip a beat with the sudden realization that she really did love him, and really, truly wished to be his wife. She swallowed hard and waited anxiously for his Mother’s reply.

At last, Anna Nicolien spoke. “You have my blessings Ranthim.” She said, and though she did not sound enthusiastic, Lark didn’t care. She let out a sigh of great relief then listened as his Mother went on. “I will speak to Thranduil about this matter. How soon to you wish to wed?”

“Tomorrow, if it can be arranged.” He responded. Lark gasped. Tomorrow?

“Very well.” She continued. “I will speak to him this evening and start the arrangements. You should go and prepare as well.”

“What about Lark? Do you with to speak to her?” He asked.

His Mother sighed heavily again. “No, that won’t be necessary. I have much to do tonight, and I suppose we’ll have plenty of time to get to know each other.” Her voice sounded a tad sarcastic to Lark, but in the next instance Ranthim appeared through the doorway, smiling broadly and she ceased worrying about it for the time.

Once out in the corridor, she questioned him. “Did you mean what you said to her about leaving Middle-Earth after I’m gone?”

Ranthim nodded seriously, then smiled. “Actually, I’m working on a plan to take you to Valinor with me, stowed away in a large wooden chest. How long can you hold your breath?”

~~~~

The wedding was held in the evening the following day in an orchard near the Elven King’s Halls. The King himself did not attend, though he did grant permission for the wedding to take place. The ceremony was preformed by an elvish elder, mostly in Sindarin, which Lark thought sounded pretty even if she didn’t understand a word of it. Lark had been lent a flowing white gown to wear by an elf called Melmereth who also did her hair for her. She was a childhood friend of Ranthim’s and also served as the only bride’s maid.

Ranthim’s Mother attended, though Lark strongly suspected she was on some sort of elvish sedative. She slept through most of the ceremony, snoring loudly at times, and once called out in her sleep, “Get my girdle Melian!” Ranthim thought this was terribly funny, and had to struggle to keep a straight face. She was able to wake herself enough after the wedding to commission a sword to be made for Lark as a wedding gift. It was the nicest thing she ever did for her.

After the wedding, there was a feast with venison and boars meat and an assortment of fruits and baked goods like Lark had never seen before. At one point, Anna Nicolien raised her goblet as if to make a toast, but looking at Lark she sighed and said, “Well, I guess you can at least can give me some grandchildren.” Lark raised her brows and looked at Ranthim. “If you’re half dwarf and half elf, and I’m a Rohirric mortal, what will our children be?”

“Amazing!” He said without hesitation.
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:04 pm

Good job Lark. Its looks great. Probably one of the longest posts on TORC. :P :P :P :P Just kidding. I loved the story the first time through. Smor and Wimsie, hopefully will be back on Tuesday. We have complete control until then. :twisted: :roll: :P

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:46 pm

We're back!! :happydance: Great trip, I'm sure you all will be hearing about it some more over the next few days. :twisted: And I should probably be in bed because I'm exhausted (I literally just got home 15 minutes ago!) Couldn't resist checking up on things though. :roll: And the new thread looks great, as does the continuation of your story, Dan.

You sure you want me to copy my story in here? The file on Word is 20 pages long.... :shock:

Anyway, off to bed before I :zzz: on the keyboard...

Oh.... Dan, Lark and JF, you guys rock my world!! :hug: Thanks!
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby lark » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 pm

Welcome back Smor! :hug: It’s been way too quiet around here with you and Wimsie gone. I can’t wait to hear about your trip. :)

That reminds me, I don’t think I’ve ever given it out here before, but if anyone from this thread wants to contact me, my email is Larkspurgamgee @ aol.com. Without the spaces of course. :wink: My IM is the same, just drop the @aol.com part. :)

It's late for me too, this is just the first chance I've had to post on one of my RPs today.

Goodnight! :zzz:
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:52 am

Welcome back Smor. I'm so glad that you two had a great trip. WOOT!! You're welcome too. :) Smor, if you want too, you can put your story over here, or you can just put a link to it in the old thread.

Lark, go to bed girl. :) :P

I'm going to edit the first post today, with some new info on advancement procedures, and story submissions for new members.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby whereismysam » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:19 am

Hello all :D

Wonderful set up we've got going here!

And I'm not surprised to see that Smor made her way onto here last night after she got home. She and I discussed what we missed about TORC while brushing our teeth yesterday morning, and she was really anxious to get back here :D:D:D

And yes, the trip was excellent :D
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:13 am

Smor, Your story looks good all together. I hope to get the changes to the first post done in about an hour, so let me know what you think of them.

Wims, I can't wait to see your sig. The Wimsie-wan and Smorakin had me rolling. :rofl:

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby RohanCouncil » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:03 pm

Smor, please change the color of the story part of your post to green. :P :P :P Didn't you read the first post? :P :P :P

May the horse be with you.

Rohan Council
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:10 pm

RohanCouncil wrote: Didn't you read the first post? :P :P :P

Yeah, but completely missed that part. Turns out the sun at Dol Amroth...er, I mean the beach...is hotter than I thought and therefore my brain is now very nicely toasted. :wink: But it's fixed now.
Last edited by shieldmaidenofrohan on Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby RohanCouncil » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:17 pm

Smor, the Council says that you look good in green. :P :P

Rohan Council
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:58 pm

I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner... if we're still looking for light RP ideas (though, I think the Indiana Jones one could be quite funny, and of course I'm partial to SW since it was my idea), we could always drag out the Scooby Doo thing from way back in the OOC thread.

If nothing else, we shouldn't run out of things to do here for quite some time.

And if we do Indy, I think we should call him Indiana Dan. :angel:

Or, since we're in Rohan, wouldn't it have to be Dunharrow Dan or Edoras Dan or something like that... I'm going to shut up while I'm behind. :P
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby lark » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:54 pm

Smor wrote:If nothing else, we shouldn't run out of things to do here for quite some time.

That’s for sure! :) It all sounds like fun. All this May the horse be with you stuff has me thinking SW again too. I can’t think of a way we cold follow the actual plot of any of the movies, but a Rohan style Jedi knighthood has promise. Summoned to fight the evils forces of Darth Saruman. :P

Dan, the ranking looks neat. 8) If I have time tomorrow, I’ll try and help you count posts. :)

Is anyone else having trouble getting logged in? It’s been a real bear for me the last couple of days. :(
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:58 pm

lark wrote:Summoned to fight the evils forces of Darth Saruman. :P

Hey, he is Count Dooku... :twisted: :angel:

And yeah, I've been having trouble with staying logged in and stuff. And forget trying to fix my sig. I'm almost glad I don't have my pics back yet so that all the bugs will be worked out. :P

I love the "may the horse be with you." :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:56 am

"What's your name son?"

"Dunharrow Dan."

"Dunharrow Dan?"

"Yes sir."

"Ok then. I need you to find......"

:rofl: Dunharrow Dan. I love it. :D :P

How about we do a SW one then we can do the Indy one. How does that sound? Aren't they filming another Indy movie? I can't remember.

On the SW front, we could meet up with Gandalf, and he could reveal to us that the Force is strong with us, and that we have been chosen to to start a Jedi order here in Middle earth. Then we find out that Saruman was really a Sith Lord. He made an imposter of himself (Yes Lark an Imposter, but only one :P ) That is the one that Grima killed in the books. Darth Saruman has moved up to Carn Dûm to rebuild his Empire there. Let me know what you all think.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby lark » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:09 am

Smor wrote:Hey, he is Count Dooku…

Oh yea! :shock: I forgot about that completely. :D

Dan, not another impostor! :roll: :P Actually, your plot sounds like fun. I’m game. :D
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby RohanCouncil » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:20 am

The first post has been edited with the rankings of our members, and the Rankings post count marks have been changed as well.

The council says that we should do the SW one.

:P

Rohan Council
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby whereismysam » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:34 am

Oh, I'm all in favor of a Star Wars/LotR-Rohan-type parody...mission...quest...thing... :D *Smor, are you pondering what I'm pondering??*

And I have a question that's directed to RohanCouncil...are our ranks determined by the number of times we've posted in the RP?? :D :P ;)
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby RohanCouncil » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:26 am

Stable Girl Wimsie, yes the rankings are determined by the number of times that someone has posted in the RP. Then we add up the number of story submissions and add the two together. Right now you have posted 5 times in the RP, but we sense that there will be more to come from you young one. A Squire soon you will be.

RohanCouncil
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:32 am

whereismysam wrote:*Smor, are you pondering what I'm pondering??*

I think so, Wimsie, but if Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why does he keep doing it? :wink:

Ok, enough gratuitous P&B refs. Seriously... I know exactly what you're thinking, and I've got a bad feeling about this. :wink:

Stable Hobbit.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

*prepares her lightsab...sword...thing for Jedi action :D*
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby whereismysam » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:41 pm

shieldmaidenofrohan wrote:
whereismysam wrote:*Smor, are you pondering what I'm pondering??*

I think so, Wimsie, but if Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why does he keep doing it? :wink:

Because I threw the chicken across the road...

;)

Why do I get the feeling that thing is going to be the death of me?? ;) :D

*cleans stable*
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby RohanCouncil » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:14 pm

Wims, a spot you missed you did. :P

Complete you must be. :P

Rohan Council

edit: We are trying to figure out a way to keep up with our Post Rankings as we do them. How about a tiny number at the bottom of the post like this:

38 <---That shouldn't detract from the post itself.

That way the poster can keep up with their own ranking, and then someone on the coucil can adjust the first post. What does the coucil think of that?
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:15 pm

When do you all want to start the SW rp? I've got a opening thought on how to get it started, but I don't know when you all want to get under way. We can put the SW post in another color as well, like white :P purple orange blue red or another color.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby whereismysam » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:37 am

What do you mean, I missed a spot? Where?? :P And yes, more will be coming, I'm sure. But I feel that my muse has decided to take a permanent vacation... :(

Dan, I would suggest using any other color other than white, for then I would have to highlight everything to read, and at the moment, I'm feeling extremely lazy...
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby lark » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:59 am

Sings:

It’s Wimsie and the Smor.
Wimsie and the Smor.
One is a hobbit,
The other is a delicious campfire treat…

:P

Okay, I guess I should have thought that out a little better before I wrote it. :roll: I love P&B. :D

Since when did the Rohan Council become Yoda?

I’m ready to start SW whenever you guys are. Just pick a color and start. (I’m partial to purple, if it’s not to feminine for you Dan. :wink: )
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:16 am

Also ready whenever everyone else is, and I'm fine with any color as long as it's legible. Except maybe not red, since that's a Sith color. :P And if purple's good enough for Mace Windu, I don't see why it would be a problem for Dan. :wink:

One question-- do we actually get to use lightsabers, even though it's Middle-earth? Because that would rock. :horse: 8)

Musical Lark wrote:
It’s Wimsie and the Smor.
Wimsie and the Smor.
One is a hobbit,
The other is a delicious campfire treat…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:37 am

Purple is fine with me, and I love Mace's saber. We have one. :P

Lightsabers will be issued. :P :D :P :D WOOOTTTTT

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Next

Return to The Library - General Archive