Riders of Rohan (Second Muster)

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Gwenare » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:17 am

Great post Lark. :)

I do hope that I have will time tonight and can get up a post. Today appears to be slightly busy though. I will give it some thought and maybe I can come up with something, but if Smor or Wimsie have something, please run with it.

:hug:s Wimsie

Dan and I do have an idea for later, but not now. I'm afraid he might beat me to it :( , but that will be okay. :wink:
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:32 am

Great post Smor and Lark. :) Poor Rowyn and Lark. :( St00pid Darkside. :club: :P

Alys, great bios. :D I like them both.

Lark, your sig pic is disturbing. Greatly disturbing. :shock: :P

I'm going to try and work on some posts now.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:52 am

Lark- great post :thumbsup: , scary pic. :shock:

Gwen- I don't have anything in particular to run with, and I probably won't be able to get back on until tonight, so if you have an idea, go for it. (Though your post for the new thread gave me an idea... you won't mind if I thwack a certain half-elf around some more, right?) :wink:

And since I didn't say it before, I like the bios, Alys. Especially the second character-- it would be fun to have a "lady" around here for once. :D
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:04 am

I've got a character that just informed me she's from Rohan. :roll: I'm thinking of joining up here, but I'm not confident in writing her yet, so I might be just watching for a while. :) (Just to let you folks know) ;)
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:42 am

Hi Willow. :) Just let us know. If you haven't read the first post in here, then please do. It will let you know how easy it is to become part of us. :) Also our new RP in the Pony is just about ready to start, so be looking out for that. Thanks for your interest in our Guild.

Hi Smor, have a great day.

Poor Nic, he's not here to defend himself. :P

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:20 pm

Smor: :club: away :wink: :D

Lark: You're kidding right? :shock: :wink:

Willow: Welcome! Do stay and post instead of watching. :)

I will work something up for tonight, hopefully. One of my meetings was canceled, due to a family emergency of the facilitator :( . I don't know what it was, but she left for Alabama, so please pray for her.
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby naryatheringoffire » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:04 pm

Thanks everyone for clearing that up! looks like its back to the drawing board for me with a character have no fear naryas hear an il come back with a new one even better than the last :P
naryatheringoffire
Rider of the Mark

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:42 pm

Gwen: thanks, I might ;)

Dan: I read the first post . . . long ago actually, though I read it again. So here's my official request to be part of the Guild. ;) Also, I would like to join the RP. I'm still trying to figure this character out. Seems she's trying to get me to write an entire story about her. It's going to be rather long (as in it would take very many posts to put up) And I don't know quite where it will take her, or how to fit her into anything yet. But that's where my watching will come in. ;)

Time will be a little odd, because she's my other character, Tasar's mother . . . but we'll probably just ignore that ;)

Here's her bio:

Cyrith - real name

Nauta - (meaning Bound) is what she calls herself now.

Tasar’s mother

Mount - Feadae - shadow spirit

Half elf (or human for the Rohan RP if necessary ;) )

Blonde hair, cut very short after her husband was killed.

At one time very kind and loving, but the slaughter of her beloved, giving up her child, and hunting/being hunted by her husband’s murderer has changed her.

Born in Rohan to a very cruel father. There were rumors he had killed her mother not long after she was born. Reasons for this are unknown. He tried to marry her off to a Peredhel from Dol Amroth for money, but she managed to escape with a clan of gypsies. She married one of them, and they had a child. The rejected suitor (Norvaen) was very furious at being made a fool of, and hunted them down, eventually killing the gypsy, and wounding Cyrith. She managed to escape with the baby, leaving her in Bree with a carpenter named Gwaddyn. She traveled for a while, learning to fight so she could revenger herself on Norvaen. She returned to Rohan some years after the War of the Ring, finding her father dead, and all trace of her old life gone. (Except maybe some of the other ladies might recognize her from before? Just a possibility. She’s much changed though ;) )

Here’s one of my Nauta posts, but if you need, I can figure out something else.
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Gwenare » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:51 pm

Adrial broke the silence, “The men will never go for any plan with Rowyn as bait. I’m not even sure that I am comfortable with it.”

“We have no other choice. I know he will come if Rowyn makes herself available,” Lark protested.

“That’s true, but just how are we going to that?” Elwing asked.

They again sat in silence for awhile. They all were trying to figure out a safe plan which would not back fire on them. This plan had to be fool-proof or the men would not go along with it; and even then they may not. Suddenly Rowyn began to smile very big. She had come up with something.

Elwing could stand it no longer, “Well, what do you have? I know you have something because of that silly grin on your face.”

Rowyn began, “Well, we will first need to distance ourselves from the men.”

“Yeah right! That will never happen, especially if they think we are up to something,” Adrial said.

“Then we must not give them a reason to suspect anything,” Rowyn said with a wink and a laugh.

Elwing said, “Well, we all know how Ro is.” She began rolling her eyes at her brother. “He is slightly nosey and will sniff trouble the minute he sees us.”

“She’s right. Elrosar will know something is up and then what do we do?” Adrial replied.

Lark spoke up, in Elrosar’s defense, “I think we are underestimating my brother and ourselves.”

“What do you mean?” Adrial and Elwing asked.

“I think we can pull this off, but we must act natural,” Lark answered.

The ladies thought for a minute and Rowyn was about to bust. “Okay, let’s do it!” They all said in unison.

“Well, like I said, we will need to get away from the men. Natan will sense them and know it is a trap otherwise.”

“Won’t he sense us, Rowyn?” Elwing asked.

“That is a chance that we will have to take, but I think we can convince him otherwise.” Their curiosity was peaked now. “We will have to wait for the right moment for us to get away from the men. Then we will sneak back to the room where he took me.” She could see the questioning look on their faces. “He will go back. Don’t ask me how I know, I just know it. He will go back to that place seeking answers.”

Adrial said, “And possibly his hand.”

Rowyn said, “I don’t think so. He will be looking for answers.”

“And to be where you were last and to feel your presence,” Lark said.

“Yes, yes. He will think he can be close to me there.”

“Oh, I see. He will go back to the place of the crime and then we trap him,” Elwing replied looking pleased with herself. “But how do we catch him?”

“That will be the tricky part,” Rowyn said.

Adrial replied with a sigh. “I was afraid of that.”

“I will be outside of the room and when he comes in; I will surprise him.” Rowyn was trying to get her thoughts out, but was being continually interrupted with the questions from the ladies.

“What about us?” they all asked in unison.

Rowyn sighed and said, “You will already be in the room hiding among the cracks and crevices in the walls and anything else that might make a good hiding spot.” The ladies all nodded in agreement. “He might sense you, but I’m guessing that he will still be too confused to use the force properly. I hope anyway.”

“You hope. You better be right!” Elwing replied.

“I will talk to him and try to convince him about the errors of the dark side. You will be watching for him to become weak and more confused. At that moment, you can come out and we will take him.” Rowyn was finished and quite pleased with her plan.

Lark was silent for a moment while Elwing and Adrial were busily talking with Rowyn about the finer details. She spoke suddenly, almost in a whisper, “We won’t need to take him. I’ll be able to get in his mind from there, but I will need Adrial’s help. She will need to be near me, close to me.”

“I will do anything to help,” Adrial said.

They suddenly heard the men approaching them. They all gave each other :thumbsup: , and the plan was set. They would somehow separate themselves from the men and go back to the room. There, Lark and Adrial would use the force and get into Natan’s mind. Hopefully, they will be able to find a clue as to a way of turning Natan to the light side, and Ranthim too.

I hope that was kind of what you had in mind Lark. If not, I can change it.

Sorry I left it hanging there. My muse suddenly left and she was not being very cooperative to begin with. :wink:

Willow: I loved your bio. It was great. You can post her story in here in green. Many of us have been doing that. Those posts count towards your post count on the first page, along with the purple SW posts, and those in the Pony.
:)
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:17 pm

Willow! Good to see you here! And your character sounds neat. And if you want to write her story, go for it. As Gwen said, several of us (myself included) have already written or are writing stories having to do with our characters' backgrounds.

Gwen- great post. Yay, I have an evil plan! :clap: Of course, I should probably attempt to fix Rowyn's hair somewhat before carrying it out... after all, Natan is a guy. He might be more willing to talk if she looks halfway decent. :roll: :P
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:29 pm

Dan and Gwen, just letting you know that haley is doing good today and that the cut in her leg is looking good as well. we'll know more tomarrow when she goes to she her DR.
Here's my post, it's not much but its all I could get up right now!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Robin knew that the women had a plan in the works but needed the men kept out of the way for it to work.

Seeing that the men were heading towards them Robin thought it would be best if she spoke with her mind to the girls, "What can I do to help?"
Suddenly Borin walked up besind her, placing her fingers upo to her nose,

Robin: "Borin, you know these caves Right"

Borin: "Aye, that I do, that I do"

Robin: "Forgive me but is there anyway that you could locate a spring of some kind down here?"

Borin: " I think I know of one that is near by, What are you getting at?"

Robin: "You need a bath!"

Borin looked down at his self and began to laugh, "I think you might be right on that lass!"

Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:06 pm

Going off of Gwen's... :angel:

"Ok, so how are we going to ditch them?" Adrial whispered.

Elwing and Lark shrugged, and Rowyn reached up to grab her braid purely out of habit; she had a habit of playing with her hair when she wanted to think. Then her eyes widened as she remembered that her hair was gone, and she looked like she was going to begin crying again.

Elwing and Adrial looked at each other and grinned. "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?" Elwing asked her soon-to-be sister.

"Definitely. We need to do something about that hair," Adrial answered. "Where's that brush that Galadriel gave you, Rowyn?"

"Why do you need a hairbrush?" Rowyn groaned. "I don't have any hair!"

"Yes, you do," Elwing said soothingly. "We'll just have to be creative with it, that's all." Rowyn reluctantly began digging through her pack for the box that held the hairbrush while the other girls began discussing.

"I think I might still have some of that makeup from Lothlorien...."

"If we just even up the ends a bit, it might end up looking really cute..."

"Hello, what's this?" Elwing had taken the box from Rowyn, and was holding the hairbrush in one hand while she looked inside. "I think there's something else in here."

"What?" Rowyn asked, now curious and half-hoping that there was a weapon hidden in there after all.

Elwing pried the false bottom out of the box and found a small pair of scissors and a fancy glass bottle. "Looks like it's some kind of hair...stuff," she said. "Says it helps to repair and restore damaged ends."

"Well, you can't get any more damaged than this," Rowyn said ruefully.

"All right, so we're supposed to massage this into your scalp and the ends of your hair, after cutting off the burnt stuff," Elwing said. "Lark, you know the most about Elvish stuff, you take it." She handed over the bottle to Lark, then she and Adrial set to work with brushing and trimming Rowyn's hair.

Just then, several of the guys appeared at the end of the tunnel, along with Mara, Ketha and Robin. Elrosar took one look at them and asked, "What on earth are you doing?"

"Fixing Rowyn's hair," Adrial said innocently, smiling at her fiance. "Want to help?"

The men all looked at each other nervously. "Umm... I think we have... um... we need to go..." Elrosar started.

"We need to go keep watch! For Dorcs!" Haleth blurted out.

"And Butts!" Eohelm chimed in. All the other men quickly nodded agreement.

"Ooh, a makeover! Can we help?" Mara exclaimed. The guys quickly scurried off, saying something about needing male bonding time and talking loudly about various battle tactics as they left.

They had finished applying the Elven tonic to Rowyn's hair, and Lark began to explain to the other girls about their plan once the men were out of earshot. Mara and Adrial began working on putting a little makeup on Rowyn, joking that by the time they finished with her, the mere sight of Rowyn would be enough to knock Natan out. Suddenly Elwing nearly jumped up in shock and exclaimed, "Rowyn! Your hair is longer!"

"What?" Rowyn reached up; her hair, which hadn't even touched her shoulders when they had finished trimming it, was already brushing her shoulders. Elwing grabbed the bottle, then her eyes widened. "Well, that explains it."

"What does?" Rowyn asked, leaning over to try to see it.

"One of the main ingredients in this is Ent-draught," Elwing replied.

"Great! You should have it back in no time!" Ketha said cheerfully.

"We'd better hurry and do something with it then," Adrial said. "I don't know how long we'll be able to keep the guys away with this, and we have a Sith to catch!" And with that, the girls set to work once more.
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:22 pm

Smor: Great, wonderful, awesome, fantastic, surperb! :thumbsup: I could go on, but I can't! Dan, wants the computer. :roll:

Anyway, I love the Elven hair tonic. I wonder if it would work on Elrosar?! :wink:
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:31 pm

Lark your new Sig Pic is evil...my 2 1/2 yr old grandbaby is going around here sticking things in her mouth "like the chickie piture"

The men all wandered off in the other direction talking of battle plans. Borin looked at Gandalf "I know of a spring near here" Borin said "Do you think we could head that way"

Gandalf said " Well we should fill the water bottles. Was there a particular reason you wanted to go"

Borin: "yea Robin said I stink..I don't know why she's complaining...She's the one that used that Force stuff and put me in the pile of Butt guts to begin with....but I'm starting to get itchy..I think I may be allergic to Butt guts"

Gandalf, chuckling " alright lets find that stream and then back to find the girls,...somethings not right.... I feel a disturbance in the force.....either that or I'm really hungry.."
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby RohanCouncil » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:56 pm

Great posts everyone. First post has been updated.

Willow, great bio, and thanks for Nauta being human in this one. :)
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:39 pm

Willow, great bio. :) Go ahead and post that one in the Pony too, and you will be ready to go on the RP.

Robin and Borin, :rofl: with the bath thing. :)

Gwen and Smor, awesome post. You :twisted: minds. Poor poor Nic. NOT!!!!!!!! :P :P :P

I'll try to get a post up soon hopefully.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:54 pm

EUREKA

Robin and I have decided that we are the comic relief

you know like our forebearers: ABBOTT & COSTELLO (ex. who' on first) LAUREL & HARDY (slap-stick) and of course the best of all the MARX BROTHERS

edited because of Drain Bramage
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:16 pm

Gwenare wrote:Anyway, I love the Elven hair tonic. I wonder if it would work on Elrosar?! :wink:

With his luck, it would probably turn his hair bright blue. Or maybe even pink! :wink:

Poor poor Nic. NOT!!!!!!!!

I refuse to feel sorry for him until he comes back and finds out what havoc we've wreaked with his character in his absence. And perhaps not even then. :angel:

Robin and Borin-- or like the movie versions of Legolas and Gimil.... :whistle:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby bellmaker4 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:23 pm

Or how aboutpurple! :D
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby lark » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:16 pm

I’m very fond of purple and I believe Gwen is too. :twisted:

Welcome Willow, and great bio. :)

Naria, I‘ll be looking forward to reading your new human bio. :)

Gwen, I didn‘t have anything planned out for the trap, and your post was great! Yours too Smor! I can’t wait to catch that little rascal now! :D

Robin and Borin, I love how your two characters play off of each other! :rofl:

Dan wrote:Lark, your sig pic is disturbing. Greatly disturbing.

Smor wrote:Lark- great post , scary pic.

Gwen wrote:Lark: You're kidding right?

I’m assuming that was in regard to my pic. :P

Borin wrote:Lark your new Sig Pic is evil...my 2 1/2 yr old grandbaby is going around here sticking things in her mouth "like the chickie piture"

My deepest apologies. I’ll be changing my sig pic in just a day or two, (I have to get what mileage I can out of this shot after talking Riot into posing for it :whistle: ) and I thought I should let you all know that the chick in the picture, (Flower, by name) is just fine, thought I’m pretty sure it will need some therapy sessions in the future. :P
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:15 pm

Lark- Borin said the only chickens she like to put in her mouth are full grown and cooked!
I personally like the little marshmallow ones called Peeps!
I was starting to wounder if that poor wittle chick was going to have Issues when it grows up!

Smor- Borin and I are not acting with our posts! We do this ALL THE TIMEin RL :drink: (in fact our own family members have disowned us plenty of times). It is are own way of driving other people NUTS (like my sister, my 8 y/o daughter and my father! they take thing too seriously)! My 2 y/o has decided to joine mommy and grandma in our quest for insanity( her name is Angel :angel: and grandpa has to keep reminding him self that Lucifer was an Angel Too! :twisted: )

Keeping Laughter in the World
~Robin~
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:51 am

Blue! PINK! Purple!

I thought green was bad enough for poor Elrosar's hair. :P

Everyone, we are going to pass around the offering plate to help Lark pay for counseling sessions for poor little Flower. :P

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:56 am

Poor little chickie... :shock:

And this is totally random (but not off-topic!) ShadowSwallow stuck a link for this in my xanga-- it's a Rohirric name finder. Meaning it translates actual names into their Rohirric equivalent. So apparently my real name, in Rohirric, would be Besyrwanscíne or Scýne. (Sorry Wims, they didn't have yours. I already looked.) Anyway, thought some of you might enjoy that. :)

New RP starts today!! w00t!!!!! :happydance:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:03 am

:shock: >-< Me no like my name: Godgehát. :puke:
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby lark » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:33 am

Thanks Smor, that was fun. :)

I tried putting in Lark, but it changed it to Clark and gave me the name Gebedman. :roll: Then I put in my real name, (which BTW means warrior maid 8) ) and it gave me two names that I couldn’t possibly pronounce or even write! :P

Oh, and I put in J_F’s real name, *giggles* It said, ‘godlike’: Metodlic 8)
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:03 am

It said, ‘godlike’

Great... as if his head needed to get any bigger. :wink: :rofl:

And apparently mine means "ensnaring beauty", according to that site. Maybe I'm more suited for that Haradric character than I thought... :shock:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:22 am

smor wrote:
It said, ‘godlike’

Great... as if his head needed to get any bigger. :wink: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: So true so true. :P

The Ensnaring One wrote:And apparently mine means "ensnaring beauty", according to that site. Maybe I'm more suited for that Haradric character than I thought... :shock:

So that line in my last post was really appropriate then huh. :P :roll: ;)

My name isn't even on the list. :( :x :roll: :P

Dan
Last edited by Elladan_Elfhelm on Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Adaminth_Blue » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:22 am

Dear Shieldmaiden and dear Council!

I am Adaminth, a knight of Gondor who is on the transit through Rohan. I realized that Rohan is so beautiful and would like to join your Guild!
I have a horse, too - her name is "Dark Storm" - she is an intelligent mare.

Ahemmm.... what would my name be in Rohirric?

Bowing,
Adaminth
Adaminth_Blue
Citizen of Imladris

Postby bellmaker4 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:43 am

I'm not sure, but hey anyway, Adaminth! :D

I walked back to the cave. My mind felt like a useless jumble of thoughts. I thought about my friend, Lauregil. I thought about the enemy. Would they find us? I regretted throwing my foe off of the cliff, not becuase I was sad to see him go, but because the enemy would probably find the body and search the cliffs above it. Our capture was almost inevitable. Unless our allies came soon.

About a third of the way down the canyon, I heard something above me. Looking up, I saw a few loose pebbles tumble down to the floor of the canyon. I climbed up to the top. Looking to the east, I saw dust rising. The Lords of Arnor had come! But I heard a loud chant, filled with strong but harsh voices. Not sure of what approached, I ducked behind a rock. I peeked over it. Marching toward me was a company of orcs, about 2 or 3 thousand strong. Amazingly, as they marched within 5 yards of me, I was not found.

"Halt!" rang the commander's voice. Then he ordered them to set up camp. I felt a chill in my bones. I would have to hide here until nightfall. The commander and the next-in-command orc walked over near where I was hiding. Listening in on their conversation, I heard a few words.

Commander:"The human swine escaped, you idiot!"
Soldier:I don't know what happened, milord. We were chasing them down from the mountains when they went into the hills to the north-west.
Commander: Fool! Now we'll never catch them! Those hills are crawling with their elvish friends, and they will be like ghosts, shooting at us from behind trees, stealing into our camps at night, and trapping us in places where we will never escape!
Soldier:Our only hope is to go back to our holes in the mountains, milord.
Commander: (Puts his sword a hairsbreadth from the soldier's neck.) No it isn't, my chum. Go over to the brink yonder and tell me what you see.
Soldier:(Goes over to the edge, and looks down onto the ancient elven city of Imladris.) Haha! Looks like they elvish boys have gotten their little city stolen from them. Old Ulfang has captured it!
Commander: Aye. And don't you imagine that there is probably spoil unimagineable down there. And don't you think we're running a little low on grub lately?
A wicked grin slowly spread over the soldier's face as he looked back at his superior. "What do you say we go down there and say ello, milord?

"I think that's a wonderful idea, my boy."

I rolled my eyes at the greediness of the my enemies. But, it may weaken the Easterlings, as they fought with the orcs.
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby RohanCouncil » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:40 am

Adaminth_Blue, welcome to the Riders of Rohan. :) Have you read the first post yet? If not please do, that will tell you all about our Guild. We have added you to the first post. One question are you male or female?

Narya, we forgot to ask you too, are you male or female?

Thanks.
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive