Riders of Rohan (Second Muster)

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:08 pm

I now know Smor and J_F's RL names...... :shock:

Smor's is the same as my daughter Robin's.... :)

My name is the feminine verson of J_F so that means I'm Godlike ,too 8)

so that means you must bow down and worship us...LOL ..
:twisted: :twisted:
my grandgirl keeps telling me that I'm the queen of the world.. :P :P

that is a cool site...I'm just glad I don't have to spell them ..besides Metodlic for my name they had Godlic, Heahfaederlic, and Faederlic
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Gwenare » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:25 pm

Well, I couldn't get any name to work for me, even those you have said worked. :( Mine wouldn't be there anyway, it never is anywhere.

Oh well, Welcome Adaminth_Blue. Do you prefer to go by Adaminth or something else? :)
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:08 pm

I think you guys really have asked for it in encouraging me to post Nauta's story here . . . it's going to end up being very, very long. :D

Cyrith absently brushed her long golden hair, gazing out the window beyond the city to the sun-kissed hills, accented with the few scattered deep green of the trees. It was a magnificent day, the morning sun bathing everything in a golden glow, streaming through the window to bring the gleaming strands of the half-elf’s hair to a lustrous sheen. But to Cyrith it seemed mocking, gleaming brightly when there was only emptiness in her heart.

Laying the silver handled brush on the polished surface of her dresser, she stood and crossed to the window, resting her slender hands upon the cold stone, and letting the faint breezes stir the soft robe which clothed her slender frame. It seemed so peaceful from here, her city did. It was hard sometimes to believe all the tales they heard from the East. Of course, she was lucky to hear them at all. If her father had his way, she would never hear anything. Luckily he expected her to wed, so she had to associate with people, and the troubles in the East were all anyone ever spoke of, despite her father’s efforts to stop it. Troubles in the East and troubles near home. Orcs were growing ever more bold, and the whispers claimed that War was coming, despite Saruman’s words. Indeed, some said it had already come to Gondor. Of course, from what she understood of Gondor there were always skirmishes along the river, land gained, and land lost. Lives lost.

One of her suitors had decided his path pointed to Gondor before it led to her. Much to her father’s fury. He had been very wealthy. She mourned the loss of his life, though she did not care for him more than any of the others. Perhaps a little more. He had been kinder than many, and more likely to offer than most. More likely to help her escape from her father. More likely to give her a life of adventure rather than the life at home bearing heirs that her father envisioned.

But that was now a lost hope, and she did not think on it out of respect for the dead. Instead, she turned her attention back towards finding someone she would live with, and deflecting her father’s efforts towards finding someone she couldn’t.

As her thoughts drifted further along this line her pale brow furrowed. That task was getting more and more difficult. His current choice was better than others in looks, and held something in common with her, as he too was Peredhel. But there was something in his cold-blue eyes that caused a shiver to course down her spine whenever she saw them. A hint of cruelty that belied his respectful manner. He was a man who knew what he wanted, and took it, and woe betide any who tried to prevent him. And he had decided he wanted her.

She had only to look into the mirror to be able to see why. Her clear blue eyes were darkly fringed with long thick lashes, and if sometimes they seemed unfocused, gazing upon some unseen vista, that only increased their charm, for they hinted at mysteries to be revealed should any man win their attention to himself. Her hair was golden and soft as silk, well tended, and falling about her slender hips.

Knowing that she was his best chance at restoring his fortunes, her father had spent all he could get together upon clothing for his only child, daughter of an elven mother who had mysteriously died just after Cyrith’s birth. The peredhel child had been forced to bear the whispers of uncounted reasons for her death, including possible murder, her whole life. That was one good thing her father had given her however, he had taught her how to maintain her dignity in the most intolerable situations. If he had not she would most likely have pulled a knife on one of her suitors long since, ruining all chance he had of recouping his fortunes through her.

Not that stabbing him would deter Norvaen, Cyrith thought with a shudder. No doubt it would please him if she showed such spirit, he seemed to like her best when she was attempting to fight against her father, albeit indirectly. How she wished she had the courage to defy her father outright. But years of being submissive had left their mark, and she could not just flee. The most she could do was attempt to make herself distasteful to her unwanted suitors, and pleasant to those she hoped might remain. It had been fairly easy up till now, and something of an adventure figuring out different ways to displease them without outraging her father, and preserving her air of docility.

To some, merely showing her displeasure at their company was enough. To some she deliberately appeared a fool. Once or twice she had merely informed them of her father’s financial position. He tried very hard to preserve their air of wealth. Or at least, he had. Norvaen was apparently under no illusions as to his prospective father-in-law’s situation. He did not care if she was rude to him, did not care when she pretended to be a featherwit. She had even attempted to convince him she was mad. All he did was laugh at her, and use ridiculous endearments. She could not figure out what it was he wanted from her, and was afraid to attempt to understand.

Edit: Here 's the next part so people can find it. :roll:
Last edited by Spirit_of_the_Willow on Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:24 pm

Willow, that was great. :clap: :D Super story, and I really look forward to reading more of it. :)

Borin, Uh.......no. :P :rofl: ;)

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:50 pm

Spirit_of_the_Willow wrote:I think you guys really have asked for it in encouraging me to post Cyrith's story here . . . it's going to end up being very, very long. :D

You haven't seen all of mine yet! :wink: It is already a small book according to my beloved hubby and I'm not even close to being half way done with it!.

It was wonderful and I look forward to reading more.

I'm so glad you decided to join us! We're going to have a ball! We love to torture the men, ya know! :wink: :D :angel:
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby RohanCouncil » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:52 pm

Great job everyone!

Spirit_of_the_Willow: Your story post was wonderful! We are so glad that you have joined our little family.

The first post has been updated. :)

RC
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:10 pm

Wow. Lotsa new people!!

just popping by. School has had me kept busy....but no more homework this weekend! :happydance:

I'm over to the Pony to get my bio up.

btw. I am Áfor Meregimm in rohhiric. Means bitter pearl..
Last edited by Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel on Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:42 pm

Natan- where are YOU!!!!!!!

We're looking for you!!!!!!

Oh well if your not here soon, theres is no telling what the Girls are going to dooo to you!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:16 am

Run away, Natan, RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, to quote Bruce....''Swim away, SWIM AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
:P
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:55 am

Nic's somewhat unable to access a computer right now. I don't know when he'll be able to get back, and I don't know if he knows. But hopefully it will be soon. :(
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:31 pm

Willow if you contact Nic tell him we miss him it's no fun picking on him if he's not around to see... nice story by the way...

If you guys won't bow down and worship us..what good is it being godlike ... geeez

Borin
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:31 pm

Willow, thanks for the update. Hopefully it will be soon, and we will take care of Natan while he is gone. :)

Edit: Borin, NO! :P

edit#2 Since Nic is away, I think our goal of turning him to the Lightside is going to have to wait. I'll hold on posting until I see what you ladies are going to do now. :)

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:05 pm

Borin, I am afraid I have a thing against worshiping things that are just god-like, not GOD.

However, as far as world domination goes, you may be able to persuade people to grovel, and, to appease your mighty anger right now, have a cheesecake brownie. And stop being so :evil:. Try being :angel:. I might even give you more cheesecake brownies. :wink:
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Gwenare » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:33 pm

:rofl: I loved that Mara. :D :wink:

Thanks Willow. I'll try to get a post up, but if Wimsie, Smor, or Lark can that's fine, which will not have him change yet. Maybe we can discover some hidden truth about his anger right now, which will lead to the change latter when he can post.

Please tell him that we miss him and wish him well. :)
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:38 pm

I'm sure he will be glad to know people are thinking about him. :) I am going to try emailing him again soon, we'll see. :(

But here's the next section of my story. . . .

The door opened behind Cyrith to reveal Ade, one of the three servants her father employed to maintain their veneer of respectibility: Ade, the maid/kitchen girl; Bram, the groom/doorman; and Eraveth, the cook/housekeeper. Ade was a dear girl, underneath her careworn exterior. She was really several years younger than Cyrith, but she seemed older because of the dreadful life she lived in Lord Accalon’s house. She was born into service here, and would have left had she realized there was anywhere else to go. Eraveth was a gruff old woman with a kind heart who only stayed because she truly did not have anywhere to go. No one else would hire her, and she could not manage on her own. She was too old for work, and should have been allowed to retire in comfort with someone to care for her.

The groom was a vicious character, her father’s man through and through, and the biggest reason Cyrith did not dare try to flee. He had the same look in his eyes as Norvaen did, the same hungry, cruel look. Except he did not take the trouble to mask it when he knew she or her father was watching. If she did ever out and out ruin her chances for marriage, she would go to Bram. And that was a fate she would avoid above everything. Even marry Norvaen.

“Good morning Lady Cyrith,” Ade said, curtseying tiredly. Poor Ade. She always looked like she was going to collapse. But if Cyrith were to try to lighten her load, her father would beat the girl. And even if that weren’t the case, Cyrith wouldn’t know how to begin to help. Her father had effectively kept her from learning any useful skills, preventing her even from becoming a traditional shieldmaiden.

“Good morning Ade,” Cyrith said, turning from the window at last, and crossing to the vanity so Ade could do her hair. Cyrith watched her nimble fingers carefully, but the style was so intricate that she knew she couldn’t imitate the feat without much practice.

“Lord Accalon wishes me to remind you that Lord Norvaen is to call upon you today to go riding,” Ade said, trying to appear unaffected. The maid was very frightened of the Peredhel Lord. And Cyrith did not blame her.

“No doubt he wishes to speak with me beforehand,” she observed with resignation.

“Yes m’Lady,” Ade said, placing the final pin amidst the golden halo of Cyrith’s hair.

“You may go,” Cyrith said, dismissing her with a smile. The only genuine smile she would give that day most likely. She did not smile often, she was not usually given cause, and when she did it was either calculated to please, or to put at a distance, never spontaneous. However, she tried her best to make certain Ade and Eraveth undestood how much their service meant to her. It was all she could do.

She was tempted to go back to the window, and make her father come to her, but knew if she did, she would regret it.

Slipping the robe from her shoulders, she let it pool at her feet, gathering in a silvery-blue pile as she faced the closet. So much money merely on clothing to see her married. Perhaps if he had invested it in building their stud, like the rest of the Rohirrim, they might not be in this fix.

There was no denying that Accalon had good taste. Everything was calculated to please, tantalizing, yet properly demure, taking into consideration her age, and their goal of attracting a husband, not improper attentions.

Cyrith selected a flowing pure white gown with divided skirts for riding. She always wore white when expecting a suitor which displeased her. It increased her look of frailty, hinting that perhaps she would not survive long enough to be of any use. Rohirrim preferred strong women in general, except for those like her father who liked to dominate.

Not daring to delay any longer, Cyrith quietly left the room, her skirts whispering softly along the floor. She found her father in the small library, surrounded by papers. Bills no doubt. His golden hair was streaked with grey, and disarranged as though he had run his fingers through it an instant before. It was seldom she found her father unawares, and Cyrith was surprised by a stab of pit for him. He was cold, often cruel, and had brought his current fate upon himself, but he could so easily have avoided it. He had been young, strong and successful, with a beautiful Elven wife, and a new child. But because of a few bad decisions he had lost nearly everything. At least, that is what Cyrith had to believe. She idolized the idea of her mother, and refused to believe that she could have married someone as terrible as Accalon was now. He must have been better then.

The moment passed as he looked up at her, standing abruptly and crossing to her, and angry sneer distorting his once handsome features. Cyrith folded her hands before her, her eyes lowered, standing erect but demure.

Edit: And here is the next part.
Last edited by Spirit_of_the_Willow on Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:45 pm

I must apologise for Borin, her Stewie-complex (Family Guy) has gotten a little out of hand with finding out her name means Godlike. I have tried my best to contain it, but allas my attempt at this has failed and has brought out her inner Stewie. I hope that you all can find it in you hearts to forgive me :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

~Robin~
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:58 pm

Willow, great story submission. I think I am :( for her, but totally :x at her father. Oh well, you've got me hooked. :P ;) :)

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Johnny_Flett » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:18 pm

Ranthim walked in a fog back towards the control room. If Lark were Elrosar's sister, that meant he would have to kill her to learn how to bring her back from the dead. What if it took him a month or two to learn how to do it? Would she be all wormy and slimy when he brought her back?

Oh well. That would still be better than to face an eternity without her, alone in the abyss.

If he brought her back, would Saruman expect him to kill her again? and again? and again?

Still, she was a mortal, doomed to die. To keep her alive he would have to kill her.

Maybe it was still the other sister that was to bear this powerful Jedi. But wouldn't a powerful Jedi have a powerful father? And who was more powerful than Boba Cornucopia Flett?

A six-inch version of his old master, Darth Tantrum, materialized on his shoulder. It spoke in a shrill, chipmunky voice:

"You idiot! Kill the Earwig girl, then see what happens! You putz!"

B_F tried to squash the imp, but it disappeared. He strode into the control room. Astonished he was, to see Darth Cantankerous laying face down on the floor. The Jedi were here!

He rolled her onto her back, expecting to find a pool of congealed blood beneath her. Instead, he found a fifty pound round of smoked goat cheese, over half of which had been nibbled away!

B_F: "You wretched fiend! Have you been up here eating cheese the whole time?!"

D_C: "I...don...re.......meber...meh...."

B_F: *stomps her bloated gut, eliciting a thunderous belch from the sloth*
"Get up! Get up or I'll stamp you to death!"

D_C: "Jes...twenny.....minuts.........I'll...ge......up."

B_F: "Fortunately for us, I haven't played my ace yet." *sits at console and types BR549* "They are tall...they are dark...they are savage, swart and sinister! I give you...my Orcs of the Red Neck!"

* A huge orc with filthy hair and a mouthful of bad teeth appears on the screen. VOLS is written across his helmet*

B_F: "Have you cleared the Hollin Gate?"

orc: "Why fur? They's fifty uther ways in ain't all caved in..."

B_F: "Have your orcs enter the mines and seal All the gates! The accursed Jedi are coming- they must not...no...they shall not pass!"

orc: "The who?"

B_F: "The Jedi!"

orc: *blank expression*

B_F: "The Jedi! They took your land and forced you to scratch a living off of bare rock!"

orc: "Aw, shucks! It weren't that bad..."

B_F: "Just do it! Do it and great shall be your reward!"

orc: "Hear that fellas! Kill us a few Jedi and we gets free whiskey and chaw! YeeeeeHAW!"

*The orcs of the Red Neck begin hooting and hollering and running around in circles, firing their crossbows into the air. B_F watches as they begin streaming into the tunnels and destroying the entrances. He recognized many of their fiercest warriors: Lurz-Bob, Grish-Bob, Shag-Bob. The foolish, pompous Jedi would have a rough time with that lot; mind tricks would be useless against them.

He Force closed D-C's nostrils, causing her to snort and roll over in her slowly expanding puddle of drool. He clipped on his lightsabre, grabbed a blaster and a dozen thermal underwear detonators, and set off to find Elrosar's sisters. He would capture Lark, and crush Elwing's head like a rotten hazel nut!
:)
Johnny_Flett
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:57 am

All I can say is: :rofl:

Great post JF. Orcs of the Red Neck huh? :P

Yeehaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll:

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:05 am

JF :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

VOLS is written across his helmet

:shock: They should have orange hair and their faces should be painted half orange and the other half white. :D That way they would be the perfect VOLS Redneck Orcs. :D

Or should they be orange necks, me not know. :? :razz:

It was a great post and beware of the Elrosar Dan character. He knows thine number and is :twisted: and could call you at an early hour and say YeeeeeeHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :wink:

Just wanted to warn you! :)
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby whereismysam » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:58 am

Hey all :D

Haven't had a chance to catch up with the posts, but I hope to soon :D

Just wanted to you all know that I hadn't taken a tumble off a cliff or anything... :|

Gwen, I said this over in the OOC for the RP, but I'll say it again...I'm giving you a call later as I don't have the ability to email you :D

Alright...bouncing off...

Oh, and that Rohirric Name Finder didn't have my name... :P :roll:

*Wims
:hug::grouphug::hug:
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:16 am

I told you your name wasn't there, you goof!!

Hey, Adaminth! and welcome!

JF-- funny post, as usual. :rofl:

Willow- I had forgotten that you usually have an idea where Nic is :doh: so I emailed him a little while ago. But I hope he's doing ok.

Guess I can try to get a post up... my head is slightly scrambled at the moment. I hope this dizzy thing goes away soon... :(
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:54 pm

Well, emailing him is about all I can do right now too. I'm sure you'll all know when he's able to get on again about the same time I do. :)
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Nicasam » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:59 pm

Hey Smor, Hi Willow....Sorry I have been gone everyone.......The dinosaur decided to die at the start of wednesday the week before last so I just checked my email addresses.....I got 320!!!!! Total emails that is. Right now we are looking for a new church.......Now that the comp is up and running again I will try to catch up. :)
Nicasam
Ranger of the North

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:09 pm

*TACKLE GLOMP!!!!!!*

SOJ!!!!!!!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Edit: See, I told you Smor ;)
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Nicasam » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:16 pm

God I hate it when I make you right :roll: :P

And on another Note.......I will get you all back for the Natan torture.....You're first Robin :twisted:

Smor thanks for the lightsaber battle...I like the end....Natan still has some time left till redemption. :shock:

:hug:
Nicasam
Ranger of the North

Postby lark » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:33 pm

Welcome Adaminth! :)

Welcome back Nic! :)

Gwen wrote:beware of the Elrosar Dan character. He knows thine number and is and could call you at an early hour and say YeeeeeeHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I humbly beg that the Elrosar Dan character NOT call at an early hour and say YeeeeeeHAW! J_F usually leaves for work very, very early (sometimes before six) and anytime after that, you would get a very tired and irate Lark character. :evil: :P

Nice story submission Willow. :)

Hope you’re feeling better Smor. :hug:
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby Gwenare » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:36 pm

Glad your back Nic.
Is crushed though.....

You wrote:Smor thanks for the lightsaber battle...I like the end....Natan still has some time left till redemption. :shock:

Unless I missed a battle Smor did, I wrote that little battle between you and Elrosar where he cut off your hand. :( *goes away to pout*

:razz:

Lark wrote:I humbly beg that the Elrosar Dan character NOT call at an early hour and say YeeeeeeHAW! J_F usually leaves for work very, very early (sometimes before six) and anytime after that, you would get a very tired and irate Lark character. :evil: :razz:

For your sake and the children's sake, I will do as you ask. I would love to see the expression on his face though, when you acted :evil: :wink: :razz:
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:43 pm

Nah, you didn't miss it, Gwen. I think he was talking about the one where he beat me. :P :roll:

And welcome back, Nic! :)

Lark-- well, my head's feeling better... my headache decided to go beat my stomachache up, so the two of them are currently in an epic duel in my stomach. Still waiting to find out the winner. :P
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:02 pm

Thanks Smor. I'm feeling better then. :wink: :)

Sorry Smor, sends some headache and stomache meds your way. Oh, and we send Hannah hugs, they always work for any ache. :)
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive