Riders of Rohan (Second Muster)

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:34 pm

Hi Wims, Willow, Lark, and Smor. Welcome back Nic. :)

I am going to try and get a post up tomorrow. Hopefully.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:55 pm

Pardon me for displying my ignorance but what does VOLS stand for?

I like J_F's post so when are we gonna start fight them redneck dorcs... and......GIT R DUN YEEEHAAAWW

Nic...Robin says " What'd I do?" :angel:

(all the while she's laughing like a =:)

Hi to everybody
Borin
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby RohanCouncil » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:37 pm

The first post has been updated. :) Great job everyone. :thumbsup:

Borin, VOLS stands for the University of Tennessee Volunteers. College Football.
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:48 am

Thank you ..I don't do football...I'm a baseball person...Go Yankees...

The Jedi men were walking down one of the tunnels when up ahead they heard the strangest sound echoing through the tunnel. "What's that sound, Gandalf?" the men asked.

Gandalf : "I don't know I've never heard anything like it."

Borin: "It sounds like something being tortured."

Elrosar: " I can't stand it let's go put it out of it's misery. Whatever it is"

the noise in the tunnel seemed to be getting closer..... the Jedi men were starting to make out different words...

"Oh we come from the Mount of Doom ...with a fiddle on our knee"

S-Bob---"shet up G-Bob yer cain't sing a lick"

L-Bob---"YEEHAW...come on Shag-Bob go get the coon-wargs..."

S-Bob---"Yeah lets go - n -git us'm some Jetguys..."

G-Bob---"I can too sing .Yer jus have no taste fer moosick. Besides I dun thunk he said they was dead guys we'n supossed to git..."

L-Bob--- sniffing loudly "Theys a parqular aromie coming from thisyar tunnel...I think they might'n be down yonder..."

S-Bob--- "That ther ain't no jetguys that ther aromies a comin from L-Bob he got inter som -o-dat cheese.."

L-Bob--- "well we'n better check it anywho... com on"
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:24 am

Borin wrote:I'm a baseball person...Go Yankees...

Gwen is now going to be your best friend here. :P Great post, and that is just about how we talk down here. :rofl: :P

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:11 pm

Yankees :? :? yuckie

No no no no no no no no it's

Go Braves

~Robin~
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:09 pm

I wish to announce I am not dead, I merely am desperatly wanting to hear I get a B in english....college is evil...and I'm only taking two hour long classes!
Wait...I've only been gone two days.....it feels so much longer.
Hmmm....The red necks I might be able to run with... :twisted:

The orcs came closer, and the men shrank closer to the wall....surprize would be their best weapon.

As the strange speaking creatures drew nearer, one of them still yodeling horribly off key, the jedi men lit their weapons, but Gandalf shook his head, motioning them to turn them off. They did, and glanced puzzeledly at each other while they did so.

Gandalf said, "Work on their fears. What do they fear?"

The guys looked at each other, totally puzzled, until a current of air brought the overwhelming odor of orc to them. Then Eohelm smiled....

"Soap!"

Gandalf nodded in approval. "Then become their fear......or, at least, just dump it over them."

Elrosar nodded...That would work. He took the pack he had on his back and drew a bottle of strawberry vannila scented shampoo out. The guys looked at him oddly.

"I'm carrying Adrial's pack, alright?!?"

was the only response.

I saw BATMAN yesterday! :happydance: So, may be noticeable or not, but I put a bit from that in there. And it kind of leads to something for you guys.
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:39 pm

Robin, The Braves. :puke: :P Try the Cardinals. :D

Mara, How did you know it was strawberry? :whistle: :P

Ok, I am going to try and work on a post for here this evening.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:48 pm

hey Dan anything is better than the Yankees or the Mets!
and I live in New York :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby RohanCouncil » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:51 pm

First post has been updated, and we have an announcement to make:

Mara is our new Standard Bearer!

Way to go Mara, who is another one of our orginial members. :)
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby Ketha-Baranduin » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:56 pm

Mara :clap: way to go sis....bet you wern't expecting me here :roll:

umm ya still alive here :roll:

RC can I be in the new RP pretty plees with cheescake on top :angel:
Ketha-Baranduin
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Gwenare » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:00 pm

:clap: Way to go Mara! :clap:

Ketha, I'm sure you can, but you will have to develop a new character because no hobbits are there. Look over in the OOC for all of the info on the new one. :)

Borin: I love you! :D :D :D :D And it's not just because you are a Yankee fan either! :wink: They are so 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

:puke: on all other teams except the Cardinals! :wink: I couldn't do that to my Danny Poo! :wink:
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:55 pm

Ok, here is my post. Very short for me. :roll: But the orcs are soaped up, so let loose that water somebody. :P

Elrosar force climbed :P up to the ceiling of the tunnel, and Gandalf cast a spell of disguise on Elrosar, so that the Rohirrim Jedi blended in to the rock ceiling. “We need some water too. Ok the rest of you hurry back to where we entered this tunnel, there was a well there.” Gandalf said quietly, and the remaining Jedi men and Borin speed walked back the way they came.

Elrosar opened the bottle of shampoo and held it out ready to drop it onto the passing orcs. As he heard them getting closer he made sure that the plastic bottle was ready for use. The smell of strawberry and vanilla enveloped Elrosar, and he was reminded that it was exactly how Adrial’s hair smelled.

He nearly went off into a trance as he breathed deeply of the aroma of the shampoo, but he was brought back to reality by the awful singing of the orcs. “Man they are just awful.” Elrosar thought to himself, and then they were right underneath him.

Elrosar watched quietly as the first orc began to pass under him, and Elrosar tilted the bottle and squeezed it slightly. A drop of the shampoo fell from the ceiling and landed on the helmet of the orc. “Stupid helmets, that won’t work.” Elrosar said, and had to rethink his plan. “I guess I will just pour it on their clothes.”

Elrosar then let a stream of the shampoo fall from the bottle and it landed on the orcs as they passed by. The orcs were so engrossed with their singing that they didn’t even notice the shampoo covering their uniforms. Finally the last orc passed under Elrosar, and he dropped to the ground quietly behind them. Luckily for him, Gandalf’s spell hadn’t worn off, because five more orcs then came running up the hall. Elrosar had only a moment to act, so he dropped to the ground, and the orcs stumbled over him and fell on top of each other on the ground.

Elrosar jumped up quickly, and ignited his lightsaber. He brought it down and skewered the five orcs to the ground. These five finally stopped their singing as their life faded away. “Whew that was close, another verse of that song, and I would have went crazy.” Gandalf’s spell faded, and Elrosar was back in view, so he extinguished his lightsaber and headed off after the others.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby bellmaker4 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:19 pm

Robin-ditto.

Proud Rafael Palmeiro fan! :thppt:
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:24 pm

Ok, posting type stuff... I have something in mind, but can't quite reach it yet. (To the girls-- if we confront Nic's character, please don't have us leave before I get a chance to post again... :twisted: )

At last, the girls were finished with their impromptu makeover session. "Ready?" Lark asked, looking concerned as she looked at Rowyn.

Rowyn took a deep breath. She hoped that they couldn't see how nervous she was about going back. True, she had laughed it off as she had come up with the plan. But the last confrontation had convinced her that even though out of all of them, she had the best chance of reaching Natan, she was also the one in the most danger from being around him. It seemed like whenever she could sense that he was getting closer to her, her ability to think straight decreased, and it was clearly already affecting her judgement. She secretly wondered if maybe Natan's madness, if madness it was, was rubbing off on her. But in spite of this, she knew in her heart that she could not give up on him, not while there was still a chance that he could be turned back. "Ready as I'll ever be," she finally answered.

"Lead on," Elwing said. Rowyn closed her eyes, trying to sense where Natan was. Then she began moving down the tunnel, back the way they had come. The others followed silently.

After awhile, Elwing spoke up. "This is bad."

"What? We haven't been noticed by any of the Stormorcs or Dorcs yet," Mara replied.

"Exactly," Elwing said. "It's too easy."

The girls looked at each other nervously, glancing around for any sign of an ambush. "Don't feel like you need to stay," Rowyn said. "I don't want you to be in danger because of me."

"No way! We're staying with you, Rowyn," Elwing quickly answered. "You shouldn't have to face this alone." She paused, then added, "But do you really need to go back now?"

"He's not the only one looking for answers," Rowyn replied quietly, meeting Elwing's gaze. She needed to find out whether it was her fault that he had become like this, and whether there was any way to make him reconsider. "I have to do this."

"And you're sure he'll be there?" Adrial asked.

"He'll be there." And even if he wasn't, Rowyn knew it would not be long before they met again. Their paths just seemed to inevitably keep crossing, as surely as a moth was drawn to a flame. She just couldn't help wondering which of them was the moth.

Finally, she reached the place where she had last seen him. "Go on," Lark whispered. "Adrial and I will be hiding close by, and the others will be watching our backs." Rowyn nodded, stepping into the quiet room and gripping her lightsaber tightly. Now there was nothing to do but wait.
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:30 pm

Great post Smor. I feel the tension rising. :P :D

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby lark » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:12 pm

Congratulations Mara! :D

Great posts everyone! :) Dan’s right, this is getting tense! :shock: I’m sorry I don’t have an IC to offer myself, but I’ve been keeping up and reading everything and it’s all great! :)

I’ll try to get something up tomorrow. I’d love to have Lark get her hands, (or mind rather) on Natan before Ranthim catches up with us. If I do get one up, I promise not to go too far, Smor. :wink:
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby Nicasam » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:26 pm

I hope to have my posts for VU and Here done by tomorrow night..sorry I have been gone so long everyone. :oops:
Nicasam
Ranger of the North

Postby Gwenare » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:12 am

Don't worry about me Smor. I'll do well to get those two posts I need for the other one done. :bang: :pull:
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:51 am

:rofl: Gwen!!! Your sig!!!! :rofl:

It's ok Soj, we understand. :hug:
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby RohanCouncil » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:28 am

First post updated through Borin's post in the Pony last night.
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:42 am

Nic, you're fine buddy. :club: Oops wrong smiley. :P :D :angel:

Willow, Gwen's sig is great ain't it? :P :D

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby RingForger » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:28 am

Did I tell you all that Fram is better on sea :P?

He still won't be very good at fighting, but anyway :roll: :twisted:

Dan, about the WCA, I read most of the topic about them, but how do you vote, actually? :D

RF
RingForger
Shield Bearer

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:32 am

Gwen- your sig rocks!! Poor TTBK! :rofl:

Nic- don't worry about it, I know we gave you a lot to catch up on. And a lot of people to thwack, more likely than not... :whistle:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:37 am

RingForger wrote:
Dan, about the WCA, I read most of the topic about them, but how do you vote, actually? :D

We are working on the categories right now, so we will be taking nominations for them soon, and then the vote will take place. There will be a ballot for you to fill out. It works like this: 1)Copy it to your post. 2)add your vote in each category. 3)Then post in the Vote thread that will be opened up. :) Then when the votes are counted there will be the awards night, which is a RP about the show. Its a hoot. :)

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:49 pm

Thanks guys. That is in honor of my favorite tennis ball. :D

I hope to have my posts ready for VU and maybe even here. It all depends on a certain gentleman that I live with and his computer aspirations tonight. :wink:
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Ketha-Baranduin » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:32 pm

you will have to develop a new character because no hobbits are there

I'll get My new caracter bio up next week sometime,
Ketha-Baranduin
Citizen of Imladris

Postby whereismysam » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:42 pm

As Rowyn cautiously entered the room that the group knew Natan to last be in, Elwing, Mara, Robin, Ketha, Lark and Adrial silently began to spread around the outskirts of the cavern room. Elwing and Mara looked over at Lark and Adrial, communicating via their minds that Lark and Adrial should take the right hand side, while Mara and Elwing would head left. Robin and Ketha would stay at the entrance the women had come through to prevent anyone from entering or escaping, whatever the case may be. Elwing nodded silently and quickly found a boulder to hide behind. Mara ran gracefully to another hiding spot nearby. Elwing heard in her mind Adrial say, "Alright ladies, sabers out, not on yet. We'll wait for the signal from Rowyn."

The silence in the room was overwhelming. Rowyn looked calm and collected, but Elwing could sense the fear in her trying to rear its ugly head. Elwing told her via telepathy, "Don't worry, Wyn, we've got your back. You tell us when you want us out."

Rowyn gave a slight smile and then her eyes went wide and turned. Directly behind her, a dark figure was slowly making his way towards her......

Yes, it's me, and yes, I am posting IC and yes, I do have computer access and w00tness and major :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: all around for the house that I am house/cat sitting at this week has computer access. w00tness!!!!!! Which means I'll actually be able to put up a few decent posts this week :)

And so, I'm off to get myself and the cats some dindin. Yum :D:D:D:D:D:D
Last edited by whereismysam on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:33 pm

HeyWhimsie,
You forgot about me! I'm with the girls too ya know! :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

~Robin~
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:17 pm

Ketha! Your here? :? *glomps* :hug:

Yay! Whims is here! :happydance:

Um, out of curiosity, what is this sig reffered to? I still only see the White Baby in the aquariem.. :?
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive