Riders of Rohan (Second Muster)

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:08 pm

Hmmmm..this talk of adoptions is tottally forign to me.....I never went over there....Probably would have helped a lot... :roll:

Isn't it sooooo much fun when little people "help" at the comp?

BTW. Why is Gwen thwacking Dan? :?
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:12 pm

I didn't get adopted until I had already been here for almost two years . . . then my adopter got banned . . . then when I got this ID I decided to get adopted by RPers, then the whole site blew up, and they left. *sigh*

I won't get adopted again . . . I don't want anyone else to leave ;)
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:33 pm

I'll admit I'm kind of clueless about adopting. I never got adopted. :P Everything I know about TORC just comes from barging into random threads and somehow not getting scared off. :wink:

Mara- the better question is probably when is Gwen not thwacking Dan. :wink:

*wants something to happen* My character's stuck in both RPs!! :bang:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby lark » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:11 am

I’ve never been adopted either…and it probably shows. :roll: Does that make us orphans? :( :P

And yes, Dan! :evil: I agree with Borin! Poor little snakes. :cry2: BTW, snakes don't sniff, they smell with their tongues. They would have been licking Elrosar's head! :shock: Your post was great! :lol:

Borin, you can come to my farm next spring, and you and I will catch snakes together. :) Then we can mail them to Dan and Smor :twisted: …to help them overcome their fears, of course. :angel:

Smor, I’m desperately wanting to post IC on this thread, but it’s already after three in the morning here, and I have to get up and eight. :( If I can possibly make the time tomorrow, I’ll post! :)

Edit: Almost forgot!
Mara wrote:I just read some of the first page....I forgot how funny Lark's story was.

Oooo...you're my new favorite, Mara!:D
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby Gwenare » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:18 am

Mara asked
BTW. Why is Gwen thwacking Dan? :?

Because he made a comment about not be thwacked so I accommodated him. :wink: :D

That's what wives are for, helping their hubbies and making them feel special. :wink:

And what Smor said
Mara- the better question is probably when is Gwen not thwacking Dan. :wink:

That is indeed a better question. :wink:

I was never adopted either, unless you count Dan telling me everything and driving me crazy sometimes. :razz: If you count that them my hubby adopted me.

Lark: And I thought I was your favorite. :(

Oh well, :razz: I'll just get over it and do soemthing for you, so I can be your favorite again. What would you like? :D

Sorry Smor. In my last post, I should have so something to get your character moving. My next one will, if I ever get it done. :bang: :bang: :bang: I'm almsot done, but I've had some problems lately. :pull: :pull: :pull:
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby lark » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:28 am

Aw, Gwen. You’re my favorite too! :hug: I hope this doesn’t start getting like my kids…“You love her more then me! You never punish her and you’re so mean to me!!!” :pull: Zoe says that about Natasha every day. :roll:

BTW, I forgot to say it in my last post, but Riot, your post was hilarious! :rofl: You even have me thinking about continuing the story. You and I and J_F in Mirkwood would be a blast! (literally) :twisted: :P
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:48 am

lark wrote:BTW, I forgot to say it in my last post, but Riot, your post was hilarious! :rofl: You even have me thinking about continuing the story. You and I and J_F in Mirkwood would be a blast! (literally) :twisted: :P

Can anyone say EXPLOSION!!!!!!!!!! With those three in the same place!!!!! :P :P :P

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby whereismysam » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:00 am

I was never adopted either. I got sucked in one day when I happened upon the front page and saw that Smor had written a fan-fic. She had told me a little bit about being on here, and so I checked it out. From there, she dragged me further into corruption as evidenced by the fact that I then proceeded to join TORC and stalk her, and then get an LJ so I could stalk her. Did I really just say that out loud? Silly Wimsie... :angel: :angel: :angel:

Oh man, I'm doomed :P:P:P:P:P:P Alright everyone, let's all sing the doom song... ;)

And I'm stuck too... at least, I'm not sure how much else I can do since I last left off with watching Smor's back. Hm...
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby RingForger » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:32 am

Neither was I,

and I still don't know how stuff really works around here :roll:

Isn't it sooooo much fun when little people "help" at the comp?

Ooooooh, it is. Especially when you have a sweet little nephew that keeps banging the keyboard and stealing the mouse :D:D:D

Congrats to all the members moving up through the ranks,
a lot of them lately.
I should create a bit more RPtime...
RingForger
Shield Bearer

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:12 am

RF --- anytime you need to know something just come here and ask...one of us will be happy to help.... Dan, I'm sure, is good at telling people what they should do....( he's probably good at telling people where to go and what to do when they get there) but you'll have to ask one of the others about that... I personally only tell people I know where to go..

no seriously everybody here is so helpful and always answer questions..

Borin
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby RingForger » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:41 pm

I know, but most of the time I stay where I know it. Like here. :D
And if I don't, I'll ask. If I don't find it myself, that is...

SW post: (anybody a problem with white Killer Bunnies :P)
Yay for Monty Python :D :roll:

As the males ran back on, without noticing they were only the 'males', and without noticing their 'females' were nowhere to be seen, since the now higher and higherpitched voices from the Redneckorcs yelling "MELTING, MELTING" were very annoying, they saw written in red, maybe blood, on the wall

BEWARE OF THE AWFUL MONSTER AHEAD

(must have taken a wrong turn or something).
And all at once they stopped running, and the last all bumped into the first.
Borin, who was at the front with Gandalf sneaked forward and he looked over some kind of barrier, laughed and came back.
"It's only a little white rabbit."
The group had been tense and now relaxed.
"Beware," said Gandalf, "I guess it is the White Killer Bunny."
And the group was tense again.
"I will try to take it on." Eohelm said. He went into the room, there was a great noise, a lightsaber igniting and suddenly Eohelm flew backwards back into the tunnel.
"What was that again?"

If anyone wants to run with this, please do.
I don't remember how they dealt with the rabbit in the holy grail. :D

RF
RingForger
Shield Bearer

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:58 pm

Heee!! Death with nasty sharp pointy teeth!! :rofl:

RF- three words: Holy Hand Grenade. :D (Though a thermal detonator would probably work in a pinch. :roll: )
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:58 pm

Gah, stupid compy. *thwacks* Nothing to see here, people.
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby RingForger » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:02 pm

Why is Robin with the girls now? :P

We could use one of her fathers (I think) ... Thermal Detonator

a sort of synonym of holy with a T...
Let's think
was thinking of Tolkien Thermal Detonator
but one of the Vala was Tulkas
so how about Tulkas Thermal Detonator :D:twisted:

I had to go to page 39 to find my last storypost
So:

As the forest waned, the Riders could see flames from afar. Minas Tirith was burning. Darkness fell on many hearts. Even Theoden King himself seemed to wither before their eyes.

The bent shape of the King sprang suddenly erect. Tall and proud he seemed again; and rising in his stirrups he cried in a loud voice, more clear than any there had ever heard a mortal man achieve before:

“Arise! Arise Riders of Theoden!
Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises ”
“Ride now! Ride now! Ride to Gondor!
Ride! Ride to ruin and the world’s ending!
Death!
Death!”

Eohelm himself, proud to be Rohirric at this very moment, under this very king, joined in with the chant, as all the other Riders.
“DEATH! DEATH! DEATH!”

Suddenly the king cried to Snowmane and the horse sprang away. Behind him his banner blew in the wind, white horse upon a field of green, but he outpaced it. After him thundered the knights of his house, but he was ever before them.

As all the Riders now moved, Eohelm ran up to behind the kings own knights. Soon they came up to the walls. Orcs were there guarding the wall. Eohelm left his spear in the heart of an extremely big and strong-looking orc, quickly pulled his sword and slew another as he ran, drove his sword a few paces further into the shoulder of a third as it tried to pierce his belly with a short thick sword.

But the King rode on, and so did Eohelm. He heard the others behind him singing, in the Rohirric tongue and together with several Riders around him, he joined in, but stopped when Theoden ran up to a band of dark Southrons, weaponed mostly with scimitars. The wind got their banner, black serpent upon scarlet. The King first finished their leader and advanced to their standardbearer, hacking him and the banner down. Eohelm killed a first one who nearly missed himself, and drove Anarienga straight through their ranks, hacking left and right, too fast for the Southrons to be prepared.

As he ran and killed, he fastened his white and green shield on his right arm and snatched a Southrons scimitar before it fell. When he came out of the band, he saw another band of about thirty orcs and men running towards them from the right. There still was quite a distance and Eohelm saw behind him several Riders going towards those.

He steered Anarienga in their direction and clashed with them just before the Riders arrived. Three or four fell over when he crashed into them and due to their heavy armour they couldn’t get up.

But since they still were dangerous for Anariengas weak belly, Eohelm stopped, went a little to the right and hewed his swords there, sometimes deflecting a blow with his shield. As he did that, the other Riders arrived.
RingForger
Shield Bearer

Postby Gwenare » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:34 pm

Don't feel bad RF. You have to go back furtherthan that to find the last part of mine. Maybe that's a clue to do more. :wink:

Great post btw
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:34 pm

I have a sudden desire to be Elmer Fudd singing in that Opera:

Kill the rabbit!!!

Kill the rabbit!!!!

I killed the rabbit!!!!!!

Ah hey, what's up Doc?

:P :P :P

Ok, I've officially lost it. :roll:

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby RohanCouncil » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:40 pm

First post has been updated through Dan's post in the Pony on 9/30/05 21:19.

Great job everyone.
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby Gwenare » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:10 pm

Elladan_Elfhelm wrote:I have a sudden desire to be Elmer Fudd singing in that Opera:

Kill the rabbit!!!

Kill the rabbit!!!!

I killed the rabbit!!!!!!

Ah hey, what's up Doc?

:P :P :P

Ok, I've officially lost it. :roll:

Dan

:shock:

:Q

:Q :Q

:Q :Q :Q

:Q :Q :Q :Q

Who are you and want have you done with my husband?
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby whereismysam » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:06 pm

Elladan_Elfhelm wrote:Ok, I've officially lost it. :roll:

And you're just figuring this out now?? :D =:) :angel:

Hehehehe...

*waits to get thwacked*

*doesn't*

Ha! I win ;)

RF: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Totally awesome!!

I do believe it's, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu..
Smor: Skip a bit, Sister...
Wimsie: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Leofwine: Amen.
And all the Rohirrim say: Amen :D
Dan: Right. One...two...five.
Gwen: Three, dork :roll: :love:
Dan: Three!
*Holy Hand Grenade is chucked*

Alright...I really need to get to bed. I'm exhausted... :zzz::zzz::zzz:
Last edited by whereismysam on Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby Nicasam » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:52 am

Yep Nic was puterless again....*is beginning to hate old computer*

So here is the little post I have to get the girls moving since they were waiting for me...longer stuff will come later.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Natan slowly walked towards Rowyn, he knew he had to kill her or turn her nothing less would be acceptable.
As he neared the semicirlce of women he grinned his eyes alight with dark fire, "Do you all really think you can stop me?"

At that moment a battle for control was happening in Natan's mind, as he got pushed lower, Saruman continued to absorb more of his mind. He could feel himself slipping into the dark and there was nothing he could do.

He saw himself raise the red lightsaber and slowly begin to cut apart the only person he really loved. Pain cried out to him as she scored his arm.

Time would only tell the victor.
Nicasam
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:45 am

whereismysam wrote:I do believe it's, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu..
Smor: Skip a bit, Sister...
Wimsie: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Leofwine: Amen.
And all the Rohirrim say: Amen :D
Dan: Right. One...two...five.
Gwen: Three, dork :roll: :love:
Dan: Three!
*Holy Hand Grenade is chucked*

Alright...I really need to get to bed. I'm exhausted... :zzz::zzz::zzz:

You're fun when you're sleep-drunk. :wink: :D

*thwacks Nic's compy* :club:

*whines* Laaaaaark! Adrial! Natan's beating me up, make him stop!! :wink:
(In other words, I'd like to run with it but I can't at the moment because I have to get ready for work. Yes, I know it's Saturday. But this is the good kind of work where I get paid mucho dinero for not many hours. :D )

edit: hey, wait... does that mean Natan knows our ambush is there? drat!! :bang:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:43 am

:hug: It's always great to see you Soj. :hug:

Monty Python?! Why does it have to be Monty Python!?!?!?!

*sigh*

;)
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Gwenare » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:42 pm

Smor wrote:*whines* Laaaaaark! Adrial! Natan's beating me up, make him stop!! :wink:
(In other words, I'd like to run with it but I can't at the moment because I have to get ready for work. Yes, I know it's Saturday. But this is the good kind of work where I get paid mucho dinero for not many hours. :D )

edit: hey, wait... does that mean Natan knows our ambush is there? drat!! :bang:

I think it does, so what's plan B! :shock: :scratcheshead:

I'll do my best, but we have been gone and I'm caught up on the VU thread and Dan is not. :D :razz: :thppt: on you Dan! :angel:

Anyway, I will try Smor, I will try. No promises on porr little Plushy Boy. I may do something drastic. :twisted:
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:27 pm

Gwenare wrote:I'll do my best, but we have been gone and I'm caught up on the VU thread and Dan is not. :D :razz: :thppt: on you Dan! :angel:

:P I am now, finally. ;)

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:17 pm

Smor: I got your email and I will try to come up with something to help you. My sis-in-law just broke her foot and is at the hospital and we could have a set of the nieces and nephews tonight, so I really don't know what I will be able to come up with.

Dan: :thppt: because I can :wink:
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby bellmaker4 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:19 pm

I waited until most of the camp had gone to sleep. As I slunk back down to the edge, I was, in a way, happy. The orcs and Easterlings would kill each other off and we wouldn't have anything to worry about. Actually, it made things better for us in another way. As they curved around south towards the entrance to the city, our allies from the east would ambush them from behind and take care of our enemies quickly. We would only have to help them a bit with the re-capture of Rivendell.

I slept well in the cavern that night.

When I awoke, I decided to wander the cliffs to the south. It interested me to see what would happen as the orcs entered the city which their friends had defiled.

More Later. I'm short on time.
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby RohanCouncil » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:20 pm

First post has been updated through here and Dan's post on 10/1/05 23:09.

We have two announcements to make:

Robin has reached the rank of Standard Bearer!
And

Leofwine is our new Squire!

Congrats to two of our newer members. :)
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby whereismysam » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:32 pm

Smor: Mwah? Sleep-Drunk?!? Never! It's the Quillaia extract! (at least, I think that's how it's spelled :P :D ) *is reminded of the mental note to find "The Book" for next time* You know of what I speak.

And now I want to watch Monty Python again... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Congrats Robin and Lef!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Alright, off to check a couple of other places before I head to bed :D

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:03 pm

I love being sleep drunk. I'm LOOPY!!!! :wink:
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:39 pm

YEA LEOFWINEOUR NEW SQUIRE

YEA ROBINSTANDARD BEARER still trying to catch up to mommy I see......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wait I've got an idea....I'll soothe it with a song...
while it's trying to figure out what I'm doing....
You guys sneak in and kill it..Okay here we go..

There is a Killer Bunny here
We must figure how to kill
The lightsabers are useless, dear
Perhaps we'll go for the thrill

Of fighting Bunny hand to hand
Of mortal sword and battleaxe
Of these we must now depend
Our fighting skills do not relax

Forward brave soldiers on to fight
For country, honor, women too
Come on boys it's alright
I'll be right here behind you.