THE LOUNGE FOR BOOKWORMS 5

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

THE LOUNGE FOR BOOKWORMS 5

Postby Silwen » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:45 pm

We’ve done it again! A little slower than last time, but here we are.

Welcome to the fifth incarnation of the Lounge For Bookworms!

Our beloved lounge is one of the most comfortable places here in TORC. It is much bigger than you may imagine. It is a large place with a garden the size of a decent park and a gothic hall of special magnificence. Adjoining the lounge itself you will find a kitchen and an ample larder not only for our Hobbit friends, and the latest addition, I believe, is a soundproof music room. As a way to pass my spare time I have been trying to make a sketch of the grounds, but have not quite succeeded as yet since the lounge is puzzling me – we seem to have shifting walls or something of the kind because otherwise I cannot quite explain how we manage to have as many walls and bookshelves as mentioned in the descriptions to follow! But the lounge is a magical place, situated both in Middle-earth and our world, so you never know what mysterious things may happen, and the strangest and most unlikely of them you will only find if you enter this refuge of ours for a time. Be sure to join us in our thrilling Halloween parties that take place every year in the gothic hall. Not all the monsters you see there are in costume!

People of all races are welcome, of course. We bookworms consist of Elves, Men, Hobbits and even a Dwarf. If you should wish to visit us regularly, the latter may even ask to make a sculpture of you for our almost life-size chessboard in the gothic hall. Please do not be offended by his gruff manner – he has lived alone in a mine for some time and is not used to company, which also explains his frequent absences. At heart he is a decent chap! But not all our friends live inside the lounge: the Entwife, who has been here since time out of mind, is now married and lives in our garden with her Ent and their Enting Everyn, a surprisingly quick little thing.

It is my honour to introduce you to the grounds, and to allow you to get acquainted with us I will now make way for the original descriptions written by our bookworms, some of whom no longer frequent our lounge, but who will be missed and are welcome to return any time:

For your orientation.
Our logo: The Lounge for Bookworms.
A Word Aside – A Lounge for Bookworms
Another Word Aside – A Lounge for Bookworms
A Third Word Aside – A Lounge for Bookworms

The Lounge
First of all, being bookworms, we need a lot of bookshelves, don't you think? Oak, I feel, or maybe rich mahogany, lovingly rubbed with oil over many generations to achieve a deep, warm glow. These bookshelves are vast, they take up two whole walls, surrounding the fireplace on both sides, and we need a lovely old library ladder on wheels to reach the books on the very top shelves. That's where we keep the volumes on Northern myth and Anglo Saxon history, Middle English and Philology. We've got rich pickings for all--books of verse and poesy, even The Blue Book of Fairy Stories by George MacDonald can be found; every edition of Tolkien's works ever published (of course!), and copies of works by the Inklings, some of them carrying original inscriptions from the authors. In the glassed-in section, in pride of place, 'Translations from the Elvish, by B. Baggins'. Yes, we have the Red Book of Westmarch under lock and key--only genuine believers can find the keyhole.

A couple of vast reading desks can be found, one under each of the four wide and gloriously high windows, which allow us to enjoy the last light of the westering sun and look out over a sea of golden green leaves in the parkland below us. Desk lamps, of course, of intricate Elvish design, for use when we draw the silvery woodland-hued drapes to keep out the chill at night. Though there are evenings when we throw open the windows to welcome the warm breaths of wind, redolent of green things and freshness. We breathe deep on those nights as we stand at our windowsills to glory in starlight and moonlight, enjoying the quiet companionship of our fellow bookworms.

In wintertime, our fireplace roars a warm welcome. It's large hearth is of natural stone, and its mantel is mahogany, topped by a mirror of crystal depths and rich wood with gilt carvings. Three comfortably squashy and well-stuffed old wingchairs, covered in damasked cream and wine-red velvet, are drawn close to the hearth, large enough each to fit two of us at a time. Yet there is also the sofa, covered in green-gold tapestried cloth which will comfortably seat at least 8 well-rounded hobbits. Three or four occasional tables stand nearby, oil-rubbed to a warm glow, with telltale rings of glasses, tankards and cups. Bowls of nuts and dried fruits are always full, next to trays of fine chocolates imported from the expert chocolatiers of the Ered Nimrais. Two occasional lamps lend a golden glow to the long discussions held around the flickering flames. Sometimes there are so many bookworms eager to join the talk that they sit on the thick, silky carpet, hand-woven with its intricate bird designs in exotic, spicy Far Harad.

Five or six more deep and comfy armchairs are grouped around a wide, low table at the other end of the room opposite the fireplace, within easy reach of the bookshelves there. Amongst the books on the table a manuscript can be seen: "The History of Pipeweed" by M. Brandybuck.

The eastern wall, through which our central entrance door lies, is whitewashed to reflect the light. A handsome old carved bureau holds decanters of fine liqueurs and brandies, crystal glasses, beer mugs and tankards, an antique silver tea set and a massive coffee urn, both of fine Dwarvish make. The walls display our artistic treasures; portraits of Frodo, Sam and Rosie with their smiling brood, a formal portrait of King Elessar with Queen Arwen Evenstar, whose beauty transcends the medium and radiates.

In a far corner is an alcove, through which can be glimpsed a handsome carved round door, painted a rich forest green, leading to the kitchen with its pantries full of Hobbitish goodies--pies, pastries, biscuits, cakes and on wintry nights there are also hearty soups and rabbit stews accompanied by crusty bread for those who arrive early enough.

Pride of place, above the carved bureau and covering much of the wall nearest the fireplace is a rich and intricate silken tapestry, whose fine needlework describes the Tale of Years, from the Two Trees to the bending of the seas, when Valinor was moved beyond the reach of mortals.

It's a comfortable place, this lounge. Despite its many riches it has been lived in enough to have a homey feel; the arms of sofa and chairs are slightly worn, the blotters on the desks are covered in happy scribble, books and notes and magazines lie on shelves and ledges; on the sofa near the fire someone has forgotten a cloak, and near the door, some mud encrusted boots lie next to the umbrella stand.

After its first opening, some glass doors were created in one of the walls and these give onto a wide and spacious terrace, with a stone balustrade, which has superb views. You can even make out the Misty Mountains if you try.

The Garden
At the end of the terrace is a beautifully hand-built wooden staircase leading into the garden. Made with help from the elves, the staircase is cunningly put together from bits of branches that had been lying around outside. They have not been planed, sawed, or squared off. All that has been done to the natural timber is the removal of the layer of bark from its sinuous natural curves to reveal the gleaming reds and golds within. The knots and knotholes are still tangibly present on the balustrades and uprights. The stairs fit in beautifully with the delicate timber decorations of the terrace and blend perfectly into the garden beneath.

Beyond the terrace is a flower border filled with pink and white roses, tall cosmeas, and lavender. A tall hedge runs behind with an opening gateway cut into it. Here a metal arch alive with bougainvillea stands over a swing door from which a path lined with shady beeches leads down towards a little white mock-temple with wisteria climbing over it. There are benches along the path, invisible from the lounge because of the hedge, cool and shady in the summer. Guarding the temple is a giant lime tree, and often in summer its sweet scent wafts across the garden right into the library. To the side of this vista is a small rise covered in elanor and niphredil with a gorgeous young mallorn at the top.

Spreading out to either side of the terrace, carefully tended and arranged beds erupt with the most astounding flowers you’ve ever seen. A cutting taken from this garden would win at any flower show. There are endless varieties of tulips and daffodils. Any hobbit would lose herself for hours among the snowdrops, hyacinths, and crocuses. The irises, freesias, and anemones are enchanting. And you might occasionally run into Samwise Gamgee in the ranunculus and jonquils. Forget-me-nots abound in the shadier corners of the garden. Small trelliswork arbours covered with rambling rose, honeysuckle, or clematis stand at various places throughout the garden providing cover for benches or chairs and tables.

Towards the western end of the garden there is an exquisitely carved fountain depicting Yavanna Kementári singing while she sits upon the grass of Ezellohar. Nienna sits beside, and her tears flow slowly down into the reflecting pool which stretches to the south. Behind the hedge at the end of the pool is a small orchard of peach trees with a little ladder for easy access. A cheerful little stream runs through the eastern end of the garden past a line of twelve palm trees and a small grape arbour. Invitingly green lawns of short, soft grass run from the flowerbeds to the eaves of the forest wherein dwell an absolutely charming Entwife with her Ent. At their wedding every bookworm planted their favourite tree’s sapling in a special patch where, later, the Enting was discovered.

Looking back on the lounge from the garden, you can see Boston and English ivy climbing up the walls while night blooming jasmine rests under several of the windows giving its delicate aroma to those within. Lazy lawn furniture from deep arm-chairs to chaise lounges with down pillows can be found here and there about the garden in shady, secluded spots for those reclusive bookworms to curl up in.

Up against the wall of the lounge stands a large shed with croquette equipment and all the tools necessary for the upkeep and expansion of the garden. It’s the perfect place to kick off your shoes, grab a glass of lemonade and sit down to your favourite piece of summer reading.

The Gothic Hall
A magnificent staircase descends down into the body of the hall from the library. The hall is a huge rectangle, and the steps are in the centre of one long side. They are broad and grand, the sort of thing constructed for formal royal entrances. A red carpet covers its fifteen treads.

The hall itself is a large a lofty gothic chamber, all hammer beam roof (merging into the purple haze far above) and carved wood panelling. The place reeks of history and mystery, and the carving is all clever foliage with little faces peeking out. It is a room that would grace any castle, or might be converted to a medium-sized cathedral with little effort. It might be copied from the Hall of Fire at Rivendell.

The floor of the hall is a marble pavement of black and white squares laid chequer-board fashion. In its exact centre is a huge stone fireplace from which smoke spirals up to exit through a louvred vent in the roof.

Apart from the windows, the colour scheme of the hall is dark – aged, polished wood and faded but splendid, cunningly wrought tapestries along the walls under the high windows. Dull gold thread sparkles among the muted colours which all show scenes from the Silmarillion.

Above the woven hangings, the windows are miracles of the glassmaker’s art. The colours of the stained glass are jewel like, and along one wall, tell the story of Beren and Luthien, and down the other the story of Thingol and Melian. Light falls through them in long shafts of colour to mix and re-mix in kaleidoscopes of pure colour on the floor. In niches between the windows are statues of each person who has used the Bookworm’s lounge since its opening, each shown reading their favourite book; and in more ornate niches the statues of the Bookworm Adopters with their benevolent faces and welcoming gestures.

At one end of the room, a vast window shows the singing of the Music of the Ainur, with Melkor and Manwë at either side of the throne of the bearded and beneficent (though thunderous) Iluvatar. Beneath this window is a dais on which is set a table and throne like chairs, ready for a banquet. At the far end, the window in the other short wall shows the Last Battle. Beneath it is a space for the best parties ever thrown. Directly opposite the staircase in the other long wall is a nice, big door that opens onto the garden so the Ents can see in and participate.

The Music Room
In one of the walls in the lounge the bookshelves go around a door that opens into the music room. It’s not a very large room, but big enough to provide room for several musicians and a nice collection of instruments.

There are shelves on two of the walls as well, filled with scores and sheet music, as well as all the books that have to do with the theory and history of music. There are collections of songs from all parts of Middle-Earth, and volumes of information of how to perform them.

There’s a baby grand piano in the middle of the room, and a slender, delicate-looking harpsichord in the corner. The two remaining walls are filled with instruments hung there, like a guitar, violin, lute, and other strings, and cabinets for keeping flute, recorder, clarinet, and other winds. All are waiting to be played or simply tried out by curious loungers who have always wanted to get their hands on some of those, but have never had the opportunity.

Needless to say, the soundproofing here is nothing short of miraculous. So none of the noise produced here will disturb the peace in the library.

Bookworm Birthdays (now in chronological order too):

Carnimiriel ...............11th January
Mahima.....................27th February
pretty galadriel..........7th March
Silwen.......................26th April
salean......................18th May
Jude (the Dude)........,23rd June
Eltirwen....................25th June
striderchick...............13th July
Varda Elantari...........4th August
Tae..........................21st August
oldtoby.....................2nd September
WyrtWif....................3rd September
BigMama...................9th September
Cel...........................28th September
K.Evenstar................4th October
Gwenare...................4th November
Elrin.........................18th November
Truehobbit................18th December
Last edited by Silwen on Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby SiriusBlack » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:56 pm

*walks in quietly and sits down in a comfy armchair and opens a book*

I was a bookworm once... wasn't I? I don't remember it's been so long. Oh well, if not, I'm one now.... that is.. if the bookworms will have me. I really am one.. siriusly. ;)

Number 5 looks awesome!! Congratulations!
SiriusBlack
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:04 pm

Number 5 is exactly the same as number 4, just less dusty. :D

*she lays out plates, cutlery and cups on the various small tables in the lounge. in the kitchen cakes, soups, and other dishes are waiting for the bookworms*

I seem to recall having seen you in the Lounge before, Sirius. But you were only here briefly and were never seen again. So welcome back! I hope you will stay for a while longer this time.;)
Silwen
Ringbearer

Dee deedle deedeedee, dee deedle dedee!

Postby Ellehcim » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:20 pm

Congratulations on #5! :D

Um...may I join in? I am most definitely a bookworm. :wink:

Edited for a stupid typo. :oops:

*~*~*Elle*~*~*
Ellehcim
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:25 pm

Course you can join, Elle! We're not an exclusive club or anything, just come in. Have some cake.:D

shows Elle a number of cakes in the kitchen: chocolate, lemon, with icing, without icing, with fresh fruit, with lots of cream and calories... you name it.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:32 pm

Boy! They'll let anyone in here. :twisted:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Hee, I've had a LOT of cake lately.

Postby Ellehcim » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:38 pm

Yeah toby, I didn't think they'd let me in, but then I noticed your name on the birthday list, so I figured if they could deal with you, they'd LOVE me. :roll: :twisted:

Thanks Sil! :D I'd love some chocolate cake with cream cheese icing! Yum yum! ^_^

*~*~*Elle*~*~*
Ellehcim
Ranger of the North

Postby SiriusBlack » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:59 pm

I smell cake 8)
SiriusBlack
Ranger of the North

Postby lady*of*rohan » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:17 pm

I was a bookworm once upon a time.

*runs into the music and begins to play The Rohan tyme* :D

huggles
:angel: Rohy
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby truehobbit » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:30 pm

Ah, the new lounge - all shiny and refurbished - thanks, Silwen! :)

Opens a bottle of champagne and fills glasses, hands the tray round.

To our beloved bookworms group and the comfiest place around!

Welcome to all new (or re-found ;) ) bookworms.

I should have been in bed an hour ago, so maybe I should really go now. ;)

:grouphug:
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby portia » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:09 pm

Oooh!

*walks in, looks around, pats a few bookshelves and books, sniffs the bindings*

How could I not have been here, before?

Wow. . . .
portia
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:29 pm

oldtoby wrote:Boy! They'll let anyone in here. :twisted:

Well, maybe I should kick you out! That would be a first in Lounge history.

Hello Portia. Welcome. :) Help yourself to any food and drinks.

Hobby, yes, I thought you'd wanted to be off to bed already? Well, okay, it's 6:30 AM now, local time in Germany, so I bet you are. I, on the other hand, just got up and have a few minutes before going to Giessen. *sigh*

Hey, Lady Ro, good to see you here.:D Champagne?

takes a glass for herself too

Very appropriate toast, Hobby!
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby minyacaliel » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:12 am

Did I miss the toast? Any champagne left for a new bookworm? :P
minyacaliel
Mariner

Postby celebalqua » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:28 am

Hi everyone, the place looks great, I don't think I've seen it so shiny and new :lol:

G'day Portia and Rohy I'm sure we have met in some incarnation. Welcome Elle and welcome back Sirius I do recall your last visit to our humble lounge.
I so love how starting a new threads brings new friends in to take a peek. I know how the page count on established threads can be a bit daunting

hobby your holiday sounds very full and exciting, I can't wait for the reports. Three moots! very good going.

Hey silwen how long does someone have to hang here before they get a birthday gong?? :) I did send you the date a while a go :( Can I send it again? Hope you can get over the jet lag soon. It must be quite exhausting.

Cheers
celebalqua
Rider of the Mark

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:35 am

Good day to you all, fellows :)

*creeps in, looks around in a very astonished expression, and rubs her eyes; the amazing images do not disappear, so she decides to take advantage of her time living in this fantastic world*

After all, the first things I have ever prized and cherished are the books. And I've been reading them for loads of time, since I first started to learn, and I think I shall never be able to survive one day without reading a single line from a book.

So, I am wondering now, what do I have to do in order to count myself among you? Is there a test or anything else I have to pass? Do I have to give on some details about me and my reading preferences?

Please help :)
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:12 am

NNE, a brief list of your reading preferences would be nice, though it is not obligatory in order to be here.:)

Hmmm, I think maybe we really should have some sort of test! ;)

Cel, I'm sorry! Please send the date again to nmajid26@yahoo.ca I am sure I had it and can't imagine why you wouldn't be on the list. Maybe I lost it during copy and paste. :?

I got over my jetlag only to find myself online all night anyway to post here. :roll: If I had something to do during the day I think I wouldn't have this problem.

hands miny a slender glass of champagne

Here you are! :D To the bookworms, old and new! Cheers!
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby minyacaliel » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:31 am

Oh, thank you!!!1 :)
NEE, Same thread we're in? That hasn't happened today.......:D

Should I write some sort of list too...?
Ok, you asked for it....:D
Actually, I don't have any specific type of books I read....I don't actually read that much fantasy-books, to be honest, Harry and LOTR are the only ones that have actually swallowed me....:D So, what are my faves?(and this list is limited...:D)
Louis de Bernieres: Captain Corelli's mandolin, Colleen McCullough: Song of Troy, Ian McEwan: Amsterdam, Anita Diamant: Red tent, Virginia Woolf: Orlando, loads of Finnish stuff....This is just too hard...:D Currently, I'm reading Alex Garland's The Beach...I hope this says something, and oh yes, I love to read all those nice books, I used to read when I was little girl...Like Enid Blyton's Famous Five...:D
minyacaliel
Mariner

Postby VardaElantari » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:35 am

*Walks slowly in through the garden door, looking around in amazement!* Oooh, everything is so shiny and clean! Uh, oh - where is it? *Looks around the lounge, which has gotten a lot larger. Is amazed at all of the new bookshelves already full of books!* Ah, there they are!! My comfy chair and my stack of books! :) Thanks for not tossing them - they are very worn and dusty! *Jumps into the big chair causing a small cloud of dust to form* Oops, sorry! I'll dust after the party - promise!!

Sil it's beautiful!! *Raises book in a toast to the wonderful Sil*

Edited to say: "WOW!"
Last edited by VardaElantari on Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
VardaElantari
Rider of the Mark

Postby Silwen » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:38 am

Sil it's beautiful!! *Raises book in a toast to the wonderful Sil*

images of herself basking in glory appear in her mind's eye...

*cough, cough*

:D

Thank you.
Last edited by Silwen on Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby VardaElantari » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:40 am

:shock: Here's a hankie, Sil! :D
VardaElantari
Rider of the Mark

Postby Silwen » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:44 am

uses it to dust the area around Varda's reading chair

:P

returns the hankie

:D
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:11 am

Hah! I am the first to post holiday pics! Enjoy!:D They are not in the rigth order, am still trying to firgure out how to work with photobucket, but it doesn't matter.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby portia » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:35 pm

I'd better post preferences before I have some champagne, or who knows what I will say. :lol:

Reading: Almost anything, but the majority, recently, has been lightweight "non-violent" mysteries. Sometimes US Revolutionary War era books creep in, as "1776" about the first year of the War. Some fantasy, esp when I need to re-read somethng in Tolkien, but not much new fantasy.

*settles in a not-too-deep easy chair, with a good light and a place to set down champagne and cake*
portia
Ringbearer

Postby lady*of*rohan » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:48 pm

*takes glass from Sil*

To all the bookworms! Cheers!

huggles
:angel: Rohy
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby VardaElantari » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:08 pm

*Gets up out of comfy chair to get a glass of bubbly. Looks down through stack of books to see if there is something Portia would like*

Portia here's a copy of Patrick Henry: Patriot in the Making. You might like to browse through it.

*Clinks glass to Rohy's*

Cheers everybody!! :drink:
VardaElantari
Rider of the Mark

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:41 pm

Good morning to everybody!

Silwen, thank you for accepting me in, for I hope that was an invitation to stay :) I'll provide you some sort of list right away, after all, talking about books is one of my favourite things to do!

So, for the very beginning, I enjoyed and I am still enjoying to read and re-re-re-etc-read Professor Tolkien's works. I haven't got all of them, just those which are available in my country, and this means LOTR, The Sil (my copy was recently stolen from me and I struggling to replace it somehow, though in my heart there is no way it could be replaced, for it was a present from my beloved and our little sister), The Hobbit and the investition I've done last summer, BOLT2 (of which I am very proud).

Then, yes, I am also very much into the Harry Potter world, and it certainly gives me emotions and thoughts deeper than many other books. I've created for myself a whole universe starting with these books, and they are very dear to my soul.

I also liked C.S.Lewis, with his Chronicles of Narnia, and generally all the Fantasy authors I can find, for here, in Romania, there are not too many opportunities to find such books. I usually find them at the Brittish Council in the town where I am studying at the uni ...

Well, I'll mention then Michael Ende, one of my other favourites, then Alexandre Dumas, Karl May, Jules Verne, Agatha Christie :D (I mean it, I have almost the entire collection), Virginia Woolf, William Thackeray, Thomas Hardy ...

I usually prefer reading English authors, above French or Russian classics. I am enjoying Fantasy, Adventure, Policiers, Drama ...

Well, is this enough? :)

Hello miny, nice to see you here as well!
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby minyacaliel » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:50 pm

Agatha Christie Big Grin (I mean it, I have almost the entire collection)

Honestly? me too!!!!! :happydance: My granma knew how I loved to read so she gave me dozens of Christie's books....:D Haven't even finished my collection, as I find those books absolute Summer-reading, so I read only one or two per Summer... :roll: I'm a wacko, I know....:D
Sil I said this also in somewhat newer people, but your pics are so cool!!!! 8) :)
minyacaliel
Mariner

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:08 am

Good morning!

Well, this is certainly good news. As for me, I've had the collection growing for abour 12-13 years now and I am proud to say that only 5-6 books are missing from it. I've read all of them once, twice, thrice, and my favourites even more, and I am no getting bored of them at all, since there is an easy reading, and a full of suspense one. I also like the way she describes people and places, she has a very sharp common sense ;)
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby VardaElantari » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:52 am

Christie was a wonderful writer. I've enjoyed reading her books over the years. They still show Poirot on the Biography Channel from time to time. Hubby has become a fan of hers via the TV as well. :)

Speaking of my hubby, Manwë has suddenly decided after many millennia we should leave Valinor and go to the beach for a long weekend! :clap:

I found this poem online this morning and thought I'd share it with everyone -

Down By The Sea

The pulsing sound
of moving sea;
The ocean surf-
tranquility!
An ocean breeze-
With sunset's glaze;
Seaoats in view-
and ocean waves!
An endless flow-
of sand and shells;
Ebbed back and forth-
by ocean swells!
The flight of gulls-
along the shore;
A fleeing sand crab-
in sand to bore!
The seashore is special-
a great place to be;
God's love abounds-
down by the sea!

Glenn Caudle

I wish you all a wonderful, peaceful weekend to read your books, my Bookworm friends.!!! :hug:
VardaElantari
Rider of the Mark

Postby Alys » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:55 am

Good luck to the new Bookworms Lounge from a very old Bookworm! :D

Those descriptions certainly take me back to the old days of Arphy, Novice, Wilko, Andri, Arion and all the others - happy days indeed! :D
Alys

Next

Return to The Library - General Archive