Riders of Rohan: 3rd Muster: Mods please lock

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Gwenare » Thu May 24, 2007 6:38 am

SmogsFlame wrote:Gwen: I was a camp counselor at my church camp last year and one lady made us (counselors) and peach cobbler. I didn't like it to much. :roll:

You have not had a cobbler until you have a strawberry cobbler. Yum, yum. :P

I'm not too fond of peach cobblers myself, but Dan's aunt and a lady at his mom's church make a great one. :D
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu May 24, 2007 7:20 am

Gwenare wrote:
SmogsFlame wrote:Gwen: I was a camp counselor at my church camp last year and one lady made us (counselors) and peach cobbler. I didn't like it to much. :roll:

You have not had a cobbler until you have a strawberry cobbler. Yum, yum. :P

I'm not too fond of peach cobblers myself, but Dan's aunt and a lady at his mom's church make a great one. :D

Aye, but Gwen's strawberry cobbler can not be beat!!!! I'm wiping up drool just thinking about it. :P

Hi SF and Wims. :)
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby lark » Thu May 24, 2007 7:43 am

*avoids a puddle of Dan’s drool.*
:woah:
:P

I’m very fond of gooseberry cobbler myself. :D Ilfrith makes a great peach cobbler. I’ve got strawberries ripening up in the garden, perhaps I should get the recipe from you Gwen. :wink:

Awesome post Smor! :) At least the flames in Ranthim’s hair should take care of the lice problem. :twisted: I’m feeling somewhat inspired, but have no spare time today, and if I get a chance to write tonight, it should really be for the other RP. :roll:
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu May 24, 2007 6:16 pm

Ok, here's a little something. Sorry if it messes up your inspiration Lark :P I too was a little bit inspired, and I agree you should be working on something for the other rp anyway. :D

The sound of hurrying feet stopped all conversation. Riot quickly stepped behind Dèor as the silhouette of a tall man approached them.

“We need to get out of here.” Luke was panting from exertion as he skidded to a halt next to them.

”Why? What happened?” Lark asked, looking only slightly worried.

“I don’t know.” Luke shrugged. “I found a bunch of Elves unconscious near-naked by the foot of some tree. I tried to help wake them up, and when they came to they started jabbering something unfriendly at me. I think somebody had stolen their clothes… what?”

All eyes turned to Riot who had reemerged. She looked the picture of innocence, which caused the hearts of the rest of the company to sink. “What? What? Look, they can’t prove anything if we get out of here right now!”

“We can be well into Moria by dawn if we take the backdoor,” Luke added hastily, looking of his shoulder. A glow was beginning to brighten the horizon, far too early for dawn.

“What’s your rush,” Ranthim asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Well,” Luke said slowly, “I might have made matters a little bit worse.” He also sported a rather large and bulky pack.

Riot perked up and Lark rolled her eyes. “How exactly did you do that?”

“Somewhere amidst all the elf-jabber I think one of them insulted my king and country so…”

“Wait,” Riot broke in, “I thought you didn’t have a king or country.”

“Well… I did… at one time,” Luke said sounding hurt.

“So what did you do?” Dèor asked, getting things back to the point. He wrinkled his nose, “and what is that smell?”

“For the record; they started it…”

“Guys? What’s that sound?” Adrial interrupted, “Its sound like the buzzing of angry bees… or… or a mob of enraged elves with pitchforks and staves seeking the blood of infidels.”

“Wow,” Ranthim said, “That’s pretty specific.”

“Oh it easy when you have something to go off of.” Adrial pointed behind Luke at the mob of elves that had just crested the hill.

“Like I said, we should go,” Riot reiterated.

“Definitely” Luke started to run with Riot away from the mob.

The others looked as though they might be considering staying and trying to sort out with the elves what had happened and perhaps make amends. Dèor, however, thought better of it judging from the looks of rage on the leading elves faces, and soon he and the rest were sprinting after Riot and Luke.

“What about our things?” Lark yelled, sounding slightly annoyed.

“We can get new things,” Riot responded.

“I’ve got them all here.” Luke indicated his bag with a nod, not bothering to slow down.

“Why do I get the feeling I’m never going to be welcome in Lothlorien ever again?” Elrosar asked.

“Well there might have been a fire,” Luke said quietly.

“What was that?” Elrosar persisted.

“Well, there might have been a small fire that got our of control and is currently rampaging through the sacred tress of Lothlorien,” Luke said loudly enough for them all to hear.

“And how exactly did that happen?” Lark did not look amused.

Luke shrugged and hunched his shoulders a bit, “Fire Rat?”

Riot suddenly doubled over, gasping for air as laughter ripped itself from her throat.

“What!?” Luke yelled, “It was!”

“I know,” Riot said apologetically once she had recovered slightly, “I believe you completely and agree with your hypothesis on this matter.”

“Thank you,” Luke sighed, “Now, who knows that back door into Moria?”

Hope you like, and nobody minds me setting fire to the most holy of Elvish homes in Middle Earth :P

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby Gwenare » Fri May 25, 2007 5:42 am

Fire Bug wrote:Hope you like, and nobody minds me setting fire to the most holy of Elvish homes in Middle Earth :P

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Well I'm going to have to come up with some evil payback for Luke.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:D :D :D

It was a good post, :)
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby whereismysam » Fri May 25, 2007 5:56 am

Good post, Quill! :D
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Fri May 25, 2007 5:58 am

:shock: Lorien is on fire!!! And we've made yet one more place hate us. :P ;) Good job Quill!! ;)

And we can get into Moria easily enough through the East Gate, its getting out that will be the fun part. ;) :twisted:
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Fri May 25, 2007 6:23 am

We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot... wait, wrong fandom. :P

Is it just me, or is all of Middle-earth going to go up in flames by the time we finish this hunt? :shock: :lol:

the vengeful one wrote: :x :x :x :x :x :x

Well I'm going to have to come up with some evil payback for Luke.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I knew you wouldn't like that, Gwen. :P :wink:

Good post, Quill.
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Nimhiril » Fri May 25, 2007 8:30 am

Good post everyone. :) I like, I like. :)
Sorry I haven't been more able to post, school got kinda crazy there towards the end, what with finals... :) But I'm all done for now. :)

Quill: Don't know if you new this or not, but I joined the group right before the Shire with Melody. :)

I'll be working on a post to put up, but I've still got things to do around the house. I shall try. :)

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Fri May 25, 2007 10:22 am

:shock: I am about to die :shock:

:P Wait a second! Gwen wouldn't hurt a fly :lol: right?

would it help if I said I was sorry? :(

Nim, I did not know you had joined, but I am glad to hear it :) looking forward to your post, no doubt it shall be excellent, true to form.

Smor, I was going to keep it a secret, but I've calculated it out and if each of us burns down one Lotr landmark by the end of this rp, we could efficiently render Middle Earth unrecognizable. If we have time we could even move on to the Silmarillion. :twisted:

Thanks for the compliments. Lately I've been in the mood to write. Hopefully it sticks for a while.

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Fri May 25, 2007 11:41 am

Quimrill_Renctar wrote:Smor, I was going to keep it a secret, but I've calculated it out and if each of us burns down one Lotr landmark by the end of this rp, we could efficiently render Middle Earth unrecognizable. If we have time we could even move on to the Silmarillion. :twisted:

I think by that point, Eru himself or at least a whole bunch of the Valar would show up to stomp all over us. :roll: :P :wink:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Fri May 25, 2007 12:41 pm

Almost Dead wrote::shock: I am about to die :shock:

Yes.

:P Wait a second! Gwen wouldn't hurt a fly :lol: right?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You have no idea. :twisted:

would it help if I said I was sorry? :(

Nope

Luke's goin' down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Now to come up with a great torture that Riot and JF would be proud of.

Dan, we need to make a road trip. I need help. :twisted:

Nim: It's good to see you. :hug:s I'm glad school's over for you. Maybe you can relax for awhile. :)

Looking forward to everyone's posts.
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Fri May 25, 2007 2:41 pm

the unforgiving person wrote:
Luke's goin' down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you don't have to sound so enthusiastic about it! :( think of my feelings! Never mind I burned down the ancestral home of the elves. Is it really worth killing me over? (if the answer is yes, just don't... :P ) Besides you would miss me... a little... maybe.

she who is most sadistic wrote:Now to come up with a great torture that Riot and JF would be proud of.

Ok, that is just wrong! I did bad, I admit, but nobody deserves something like that! :nono: :roll:

The Scary Lady wrote:Dan, we need to make a road trip. I need help. :twisted:

Normally that would be really cool and I would look forward to it, but in this case... maybe next year? :P

Don't worry, I know you just want to kill me because you care... or something.

ok, I admit, I was having way too much fun quoting, I'll be good now. :D

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Gwenare » Sat May 26, 2007 2:28 pm

Yes, Quill, I would miss you, but torturing you is so much fun. :twisted: :P I'll try to be nice and not hurt poor Luke too bad. Dan has been listening to my ideas. You can look on the bright side, most of the post ideas I have never make it past my brain. :roll: I don't have time to get them any further, so that's a plus for poor, sweet, little Luke. :P Well, maybe not so sweet. :thppt:
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue May 29, 2007 11:59 am

Did someone say torture? :twisted:

I guess we're ready for Moria any time. Off to the East Gate whenever we are ready.
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Tue May 29, 2007 2:50 pm

Hey, I just posted. Someone else is it. :thppt:

Looking forward to seeing what devious torture Gwen comes up with. :twisted:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Wed May 30, 2007 4:06 am

shieldmaidenofrohan wrote:Looking forward to seeing what devious torture Gwen comes up with. :twisted:

Well, if I stay true to what I'm thinking we will have most of our fun before I can post this. ;) But I suppose I need to go ahead and write it since I'm on the rampage with this stupid virus that has run through my entire family, hubby, precious daughter, parents, brother, and nieces included. The vile thing. :x :x :x

Don't worry Quill, I'll try to contain myself. ;) :P
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed May 30, 2007 6:22 am

Gwenare wrote:

Okay, that is the kiss of death. :P Be afraid, be very afraid. ;)

Looking forward to what you come up with Gwen. :)
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Wed May 30, 2007 7:43 am

Elladan_Elfhelm wrote:
Gwenare wrote:

Okay, that is the kiss of death. :P Be afraid, be very afraid. ;)

Pfft. Pfft. You speak as if you know dear. ;) :P :twisted:
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Wed May 30, 2007 1:08 pm

Tell my parents and my brother and sisters that I love them! Lord, I'm coming home :| Oh well, it could be worse; I hear heaven is lovely this time of year.

Gwen, I'm going to remember this the next time you burn down some major Tolkien landmark!

Don't worry, Riot, the Prancing Pony was on its way out anyway. :D

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed May 30, 2007 2:02 pm

Quimrill_Renctar wrote:Gwen, I'm going to remember this the next time you burn down some major Tolkien landmark!

:rofl: I think she is next on the list to start a fire. :P
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Wed May 30, 2007 6:56 pm

Elladan_Elfhelm wrote:
Quimrill_Renctar wrote:Gwen, I'm going to remember this the next time you burn down some major Tolkien landmark!

:rofl: I think she is next on the list to start a fire. :P

:club: Dan, You weren't supposed to tell that. :club:

Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby lark » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:33 pm

Gwen wrote:Dan, You weren't supposed to tell that.

Well that sounds interesting! :shock: :D

I have an idea for a post but it shouldn’t mess anyone up. Riot had mentioned in her post that something had happened the last time she and Ranthim and Lark were in Lothlorien, so I was thinking about having a little flashback just for fun. :wink: If anyone else was going to post, please don’t wait on me. It wouldn’t mess me up anyway.

EDIT: I‘m done. :) I stole some of this from a post that J_F wrote on our very first RP. In other words, J_F wrote all the funny stuff. :wink:

“What about the horses!?” Rowyn said, coming to an abrupt halt as the angry mob of elves grew ever closer.

“There’s no time to get them now!” Exclaimed Luke, “besides, we couldn’t take them into the mines.”

“I can’t just leave Bristlehide here alone!” Rob said with a determined look on his small face.

Several of the others had stopped as well when the sound of hoof beats came quickly to their ears. Up through the woods suddenly appeared Bristlehide making a beeline for Rob. She whinnied loudly over her shoulder and was instantly followed by Wildfire, Viggo and all the other horses. Even Reaver, not willing to be left behind, brought up the rear of the group, snorting ill-temperedly as she came to her mistress. “You really do love me!” Riot cooed as she grabbed the pommel of her saddle to hoist herself up. The barb threw back her head and tried to bite Riot‘s leg, but the ranger dodged her and in seconds, the entire company was mounted and flying westward along the Nimrodel and away from the unwelcoming elvish stronghold.

Once they were a safer distance from the fire and the angry elves, they slowed to a more cautious pace in the unfamiliar woods. Ranthim and Elrosar led the way, occasionally arguing about directions. Lark brought Viggo alongside Rob and Bristlehide for a moment. “That’s some pony you have there, Master Hobbit.” She smiled, “I’ve seen horses devoted to their masters before, but how she knew to lead the others, I can’t imagine!”

Rob fumbled for words, and had Lark been paying attention, she might have noticed his awkward behavior as well as the proud and intelligent look the pony was giving her at that moment, but she had other things on her mind. Turning in her saddle to face him, she gave Luke a long hard glare. The young man glanced over his shoulder in the hopes that her angry look was intended for someone behind him, but finding he was the last in line, he assumed a look of perfect innocence and said, “What?”

“The elves of Caras Galadhon graciously allowed us into their ancient city and this is how you thank them?”

“It wasn’t my fault…” Luke started, but Lark interrupted him.

“Spare me the details, I’ve heard it all before! Just once I’d like to leave Lothlorien without an angry mob of elves on our heels!” She ranted.

At this, Luke cocked his head with interest. “You mean this has happened to you before?”

Lark gave him an exasperated look. “You forget who my usual traveling companions are.” She said, gesturing toward Riot and Ranthim.

Riot, who had finally given up on the contest between her and Ranthim, lay forward on her horse’s back with her head against the animals neck, sound asleep. Noticing this, Ranthim had decided to leave Elrosar alone long enough to torment the sleeping ranger. He was just tipping his canteen over her head when he heard Lark’s statement. “You say that as if it was our fault!” He called back, looking genuinely hurt by the statement.

“It was your fault!” Lark countered. “You and those stupid bananas that you couldn‘t stop eating!”

By now the others were listening to the argument, and Ranthim fell back alongside Lark to defend himself. “I couldn’t help it! I think I was having some sort of potassium deficiency or something.”

Lark rolled her eyes and turned back to Luke. “You see, we had set out from Rivendell with several companions on this quest. It’s a long story, but by the time we got to Lothlorien it was just Riot, myself, Ranthim and his stupid bananas. After a great deal of pleading, we were finally allowed in and brought before Celeborn and Galadriel…

~*~*~*~FLASHBACK~*~*~*~

Amidst a mysterious pale glow, The beautiful Lord Celeborn approaches and speaks:

"Nine there was, set out from Rivende...e...elllllllll!" Celeborn had stepped on a carelessly discarded banana peel, and went sliding across the talan. He careened right between two diving gaurds and did a header over the handrail. His cries amidst the crashings and breaking of limbs went on for a good ten minutes as he gracefully plummeted to the foot of the giant Mallorn.

For those that were left above, there was an additional fifteen minutes of embarrassed silence as the fair Lady of the Wood glared at the trio with narrowed eyes and ground her teeth. Riot discreetly pointed at Ranthim apparently trying to indicate whose fault it was as the others whistled and shifted their weight from foot to foot, trying to appear nonchalant in the wake of the social gaffe. Finally, Celeborn reappeared at the steps, his hair was matted with leaves and twigs; his right arm appeared to be fractured in three places.

He waved off the guards that rushed to his aid, insisting that the stunt was deliberate. He then limped to the far side of the talan while he picked pieces of a bird nest from his flowing locks.

"Now, then." As the last syllable rolled off his tongue, he applied his full weight to the handrail, which of course snapped easily and sent him once again earthbound. This time his blood-curdling screams and cries seemed to intensify the further away he traveled. It was at this point that the trio of travelers was asked to leave.

~*~*~*~END FLASHBACK~*~*~*~

Ranthim snorted at the memory. “Well, they didn’t actually ‘ask’ us to leave, but with all the arrows pointed at our heads, we felt kind of compelled.”

Lark covered her eyes with her hands, “I was so embarrassed. And now they’ll never let us back in there again.”

“Don’t worry dear,” Ranthim soothed, “By the time they put out the fire there won’t be much left there to see anyway. Look on the bright side, perhaps we‘ll find a cure for these accursed lice in Moria. They certainly didn‘t have one here.”

Lark was not comforted by this thought, nor was Almarian who had been especially fond of the Golden Wood. They rode on in silence for a time, scratching their heads and trying to appreciate the beauty of the place while they still could.
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:31 am

Great post, Lark! *Sigh* we have way too much fun... :P

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby SmogsFlame » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:39 pm

lol Lark: Now that was my idea of funny :rofl:

Agoth rode up beside Ranthim. "How do you do it?" He asked the elf.

"Do what?" Ranthim replied, truly puzzled

"Manage to get all the ladies united against you no matter what you do. It really is an amazing thing." Agoth said, sounding truly interested.

Almost immediately he was sorry he'd asked. For Ranthim broke into a huge grin and began talking, and talking, and talking, and talking. Fifteen minutes passed and still the elf showed now signs of being close to finished. He barely seemed to have taken a single breath the whole time.

Agoth looked pleadingly at everyone. They all averted their eyes and shook their heads. It seemed Agoth would have to stick this one out by himself. He didn't have to wait long. Ranthim finished his speach still grinning ear to ear.

"Ah yes. I see now." Agoth said, dropping back behind Ranthim. He rode in silence the rest of the way out of Lothlorien.
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Location: One step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break!

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:11 am

Good posts, Lark (and JF :wink: ) and SF! I'll have to remember to have Rowyn thank Bristlehide the next time I post. :D
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:14 am

Great posts everyone! :D

Maybe by the time this crew will be back in Lorien, it will have grown back. :D If they let us back in. ;) And if we're not too old. :P
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:21 am

Hopeful wrote:Maybe by the time this crew will be back in Lorien, it will have grown back. :D If they let us back in. ;) And if we're not too old. :P

Maybe Adrial will get lucky and the Elves will figure she's not one of the pyros responsible and let her back in. :D
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:59 am

Great post Lark! I remember reading that from that RP and laughing really hard. I did the same thing this time too. :P

SF, nice post yourself.:)

So I suppose we are reading to enter the mines and see what trouble we can cause there. :twisted:
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby SmogsFlame » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:52 am

We could blow up the bridge of Khazad-Dum :twisted:
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Location: One step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break!

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive