Riders of Rohan: 3rd Muster: Mods please lock

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:10 pm

SmogsFlame wrote:We could blow up the bridge of Khazad-Dum :twisted:

The Balrog took the bridge with him, unless its been rebuilt? :P Oh I'm sure Moria will never be the same after we leave. ;)
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:26 pm

Settle down boys. We have lots of time to dest... er I mean explore Moria. :P
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby NyckS » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:53 pm

So are just like all of you from Eru over here in Rohan? ;) It just seems like it to me, but then again, what do I know right?

You guys have some really wierd RP going...
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby Gwenare » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:49 am

NyckS wrote:You guys have some really wierd RP going...

You have no idea. ;) :P

And to answer your question, many of us in here have been or are regulars to FoE. We have many Christians among us here. :)

We are one big Rohirric family who have entirely too much fun. :D
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:12 am

...and to continue Gwen's answer, this light RP is basically our excuse to get out all the weirdness we can't get away with in the Pony. :D

Speaking of weirdness, I'm pondeirng a post. Just haven't started writing yet.
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:54 am

NyckS wrote:So are just like all of you from Eru over here in Rohan? ;) It just seems like it to me, but then again, what do I know right?

You guys have some really wierd RP going...

As Gwen said no you have no idea, but if you want you can join in the fun. :) ;) We are always open to new members. :) Check the first post on how to join. :)

Gwen, too much fun? Can there be such a thing? :P

Smor, ooh a post! Go for it! :D
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby lark » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:14 am

Welcome Nycks! :) I used to post on FOE but I’m just not on enough to keep up with it anymore. We do seem to attract an overwhelming majority of Christians here though which makes for a nice crowd to RP with. :) Join us! Moria should be a blast! (literally) :twisted:

Looking forward to your post Smor! :)
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:49 pm

Ok, here goes...

“I’m never listening to you on directions again, Ranthim,” Elrosar complained as the party continued riding. “When are you going to just admit you’ve gotten us hopelessly lost?”

“We’re not lost,” Ranthim retorted, though even he was beginning to look a little exasperated. “I’m simply trying to make sure the Elves can’t follow our trail and hunt us down.”

They had passed out of the woods awhile ago, but in the barren wasteland of rock between Lorien and the Misty Mountains, it was difficult to find a clear path to the mines. Déor leaned over towards Rowyn and Elwing, who were riding nearby, and pointed at an odd rock formation nearby. “Haven’t we already passed that three times?” he whispered.

“Four,” Elwing corrected.

“Face it,” Elrosar continued. “We’re lost this time, and it’s getting dark.”

Ranthim smiled innocently. “Don’t you trust me, Elrosar? If it’ll make you feel better, you and your Riders can stay here and rest a bit. I’ll scout a bit further and find the way.”

“Uh-huh.” Elrosar didn’t look convinced.

Ranthim sighed. “Fine. I’ll take one of your people with me. Lark?” Lark smiled and moved her horse to stand behind her husband’s. “We’ll be back!” Ranthim called as the two of them headed off.

“She’s your wife! That doesn’t count!” Elrosar protested, but they had already disappeared around the bend. “’Scouting.’ Right,” he grumbled. “Well, we might as well take a break while we’re here. And we should probably look for a good spot to make camp, just in case.”

The Riders began dismounting, seeing to their horses and pulling food out of their bags. Rob in particular looked quite happy at the prospect of finally getting a meal, such as it was. No one wanted to take the time to light a fire and cook anything, especially as they didn’t know exactly where they were and didn’t want to attract the notice of any foul creatures—or Elves—that might be in the area.

The group began to split up a bit. Riot and Melody were arguing about some obscure point of Dunedain lore concerning the existence of fire rats while Luke listened in, clearly amused and occasionally interjecting a comment of his own. Agoth had found a stream and he and Elwing began refilling water skins. Déor and Haleth began scouting around for anything the horses might be able to eat amongst the rocks while Adrial and Elrosar began looking for a flatter place to camp, if need be. Rowyn, with a little help from Rob between bites of waybread, began seeing to the horses and leading them further down the stream to drink. When they came to Bristlehide, Rowyn spoke softly. “I know you’re the one who got our horses to come—I just wanted to thank you.” Bristlehide didn’t answer, but Rowyn later swore the pony had a smile on her face.

After several minutes, Elrosar and Adrial came back. “I don’t think we’re going to find anything more comfortable,” Adrial said.

“Well, we’re all done here,” Agoth replied. “Maybe we should move on.”

“I’d hate to leave Lark behind, though,” Elrosar stated. Several of the others smirked, noticing the conspicuous exclusion of Ranthim from that statement. “But we need to at least wait for Déor and Haleth to come back.”

“They’re taking an awful long time,” Rowyn mused.

“Come on,” Elwing said. “Let’s go check on them.”

After several minutes of searching, the two girls couldn’t find them anywhere. “Déor? Haleth?” Rowyn called out. Moments later, several squat, hairy figures jumped out, brandishing either torches or crude spears and speaking in a guttural language. Rowyn and Elwing immediately drew their swords, moving back to back so they could see all around. “Ro! We need help!” Elwing called out.

Immediately, the creatures lowered their spears, murmuring among themselves. Finally, one stepped forward and asked in a halting, accented Westron, “Women?”

“Yes, we’re women. But that doesn’t mean we won’t fight you,” Rowyn snapped.

Several of them dropped their spears, sounding excited. One of the creatures with a torch stepped forward, and as the firelight brought its features into clearer view, Elwing exclaimed, “You’re dwarves! I thought you were some kind of orc.”

They could both see now that their attackers were indeed dwarves, though clad in tunics made of a shaggy fur. The leader squinted as he looked at Rowyn and Elwing, then pointed to his hair and gestured towards them, speaking a few words in their own tongue. Then he turned back to the two women and said, “You, come. Have goldheads.”

“Déor and Haleth?” Rowyn wondered. Elwing shrugged, but they realized they didn’t have much choice—though they had the advantage in height, they were greatly outnumbered.

It didn’t take long to get to the dwarf encampment, such as it was—it consisted only of a small campfire near a cave opening. Near the fire, they could see that they indeed had the two missing Riders, tied back to back and out cold. “Yours?” the chieftain asked. They nodded, and he shrugged apologetically. “Thought them…” he paused, then pointed to his ear and made a gesture as if to show it was pointed.

“You thought they were Elves?” Rowyn asked.

“Elf!” one of the others exclaimed, apparently recognizing the word.

“Elf-folk hunt us. Think us orcs,” the leader explained.

“The Elves are hunting us too,” Elwing stated. “Can you help us by letting our friends go?”

As if in response, Haleth groaned a bit and blinked. “Rowyn?” he asked, spotting his sister. “Did they capture you too?”

“What happened?” Rowyn asked.

“They nailed us in the head with rocks,” Haleth answered. “Slings, I think. They got Déor first.”

Before either of them could respond, the rest of their party, minus Ranthim and Lark, showed up, led by torch-bearing dwarves. “What is going on here?” Elrosar exclaimed, Adrial not far behind him. Rob, meanwhile, had been brought to the front and the dwarves were treating him like some long-lost relative, slapping him on the back and chatting animatedly in their strange language. The Halfling looked rather overwhelmed at it all.

One of the dwarves pointed at Elrosar and began motioning towards Haleth and Déor, but before Elrosar could ask again, Melody spoke up. “He says that it was a mix-up, but also that they can’t let them go yet.”

“You understand them?” Rowyn asked, surprised.

Melody shrugged. “I got stuck on mountain patrol for a few years. It’s a very crude dialect of Dwarvish.” She turned to the leader and spoke a few halting words. After listening to his reply, she looked back at the girls and said, “He says he won’t let our men go until the women make them a decent meal, because they haven’t had one in months. They know how to work metal, but their food always gets burned.”

“Is that all?” Adrial asked, relieved.

Rowyn grinned. “That’s the easiest solution we’ve had to anything in ages!”

The dwarves allowed Elrosar to take a look at the lumps on Déor’s and Haleth’s heads, while Adrial, Elwing and Rowyn began looking in the cavern that the dwarves used as a pantry of sorts to see what they could come up with for a meal. Melody, though admitting her Dwarvish was a bit rusty, kept acting as a translator, all the while keeping an eye on both Riot and Luke, who were busy looking for rats they could nudge towards the fire.

The meal was halfway prepared when Ranthim and Lark finally showed up. “I thought I told you all to stay put!” Ranthim said.

As soon as he spoke, an awed silence fell over the dwarves. Then they all began speaking among themselves, some motioning towards their ears and some towards their chins. Ranthim looked confused, and Melody answered, “Near as I can figure, they’re trying to decide whether you’re a dwarf or an Elf.”

“Well, let me know what they decide. What are you ladies cooking? I’m starving!” Ranthim replied, obviously unconcerned.

“Hmm… that’s interesting…” Melody stated.

“What?” Lark asked.

“They keep mentioning something that sounds like the Dwarvish name for Aulë,” Melody continued. “He’s the Vala who legend says created the Dwarves,” she then explained to Rob, who looked confused. “But I’m having trouble with the sentence structure here.”

“Is this really a good time to be concerned with grammar?” Luke asked, smirking.

“Well,” Melody said slowly, “It’s kind of important.”

“How’s that?” Lark asked.

“Because either they think that Ranthim is Aulë in the flesh, and they want to make him their king…” she started, and Ranthim grinned widely at that. “…or they want to sacrifice your husband to him to appease his wrath over the abomination of mixing their blood with an Elf’s.”

For once, Ranthim was completely speechless.

Nim, hope you don't mind that I had to make up a bit of Melody's past for this. :wink: If you want me to change that let me know.
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:04 pm

For once, Ranthim was completely speechless.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Great post Smor!!!! That was hilarious!!! :P That sure does leave a great hook. ;)
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:25 pm

Heheheh :D king or sacrifice eh?

Yes! We can have them launch and assault on Moria and take it back for the Dwarves!... again... :P no balerog this time, it might actually work.
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby Gwenare » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:20 am

Great post Smor. :)

Looking forward to the next post and seeing what manner of trouble we end up in. :P
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:30 am

Quimrill_Renctar wrote: no balerog this time, it might actually work.

Hmmmm, they could be like snakes: where there is one there is another :twisted: ;)
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:37 am

Snake Hater wrote:Hmmmm, they could be like snakes: where there is one there is another :twisted: ;)

Gwen: :shock:
Dan: Don't worry dear, I'll protect you. *Dan flexes his muscles.*
Gwen: Gulp.
Dan: What?
Gwen: You hate snakes dear, remember.
Dan: Oh, yeah. :woah: *Looks around and ducks behind Lark.* Lark will protect us.
Gwen::roll: Men. You gotta love them. :P
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby lark » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:36 am

Snake’s Bane wrote:Hmmmm, they could be like snakes: where there is one there is another

Isn’t that’s just an old wives’ tale? :? Please no jokes about me being an old wife! :roll:

It’s my understanding that Dan is quite brave around snakes so long as he’s armed with a mower or at least a hoe. :wink: Personally, I kind of like having snakes around our farm. They keep the rodent population in check, and the sudden discovery of one can certainly liven up an otherwise dull day. :D Of course we don’t have as many poisonous snakes up here as you do.

Excellent post Smor! :) I get the distinct feeling that your baiting J_F into a post. :twisted: :P
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:00 am

lark wrote:Isn’t that’s just an old wives’ tale? :? Please no jokes about me being an old wife! :roll:

Hehehe, hey Lark...
Luke: WAIT!! if you die, who will write me?
Good point... we love you lark :D :P ;)

Elladan_Elfhelm wrote:Hmmmm, they could be like snakes: where there is one there is another :twisted: :wink:

What a great idea! As a matter of fact... did anybody else notice the group of... one...two...three...four...five little balerogs huddled in the corner looking on in grief and helpless rage as their dear daddy got mercilessly slain by the bad wizard and his elf, dwarf, hobbit, and men companions? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

As for snakes, we don't have many of those up here in the north (Alaska). Nothing poisonous, snake wise. Its a bit of a joke, but around here its more like if it will hurt you it will most likely kill you :P (bears, wolves, avalanches, etc...)

SmogsFlame wrote:We could blow up the bridge of Khazad-Dum :twisted:

Yeah, I'm fairly sure that done for, (which means we have to find another way in...) but I do believe Balin's last will and testament said cremation, not buried in a stone sepulcher :lol:

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimhiril » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:56 pm

Great posts everyone. :)

Smor, I want you to change that right this second! No, I'm just kidding. :) :P That was WONDERFULL! I loved it, don't change a thing. :) I like translating. :) :lol:
I've been trying to decide what could potentially be more exciting... Ranthim being offered in a sacrifice so we have to safe him... or him becoming King in which case we have to save him from himself.. hm...

:) Lovely everyone. :)

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:53 pm

lark wrote:I get the distinct feeling that your baiting J_F into a post. :twisted: :P

Who, me? I would never even think of such a thing! :angel: Actually, I just wanted to pick on someone besides Rowyn, and Ranthim won the coin toss between him and Elrosar. Or lost, depending on your point of view. :twisted:

Nim-- ok, good. :D
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:37 am

Quimrill_Renctar wrote:
What a great idea! As a matter of fact... did anybody else notice the group of... one...two...three...four...five little balerogs huddled in the corner looking on in grief and helpless rage as their dear daddy got mercilessly slain by the bad wizard and his elf, dwarf, hobbit, and men companions? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Well, that brings into question if the Balrog Gandalf slew was male or female? Baby Balrogs, now that has great possibility, hence one of the reasons to go to Moria. ;)

Nim wrote: or him becoming King in which case we have to save him from himself.. hm...

If that happens he'll be too far gone. :P ;)

Smor, Elrosar is glad he lost errr won, oh whatever. :P ;)

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:05 am

*pokes thread*

Rather quiet in here....
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby SmogsFlame » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:02 am

lol I had this idea when I woke up this morning. I hope it allows us to move along on our quest.

Agothdín plopped down on a rock and listened as the debate continued getting slightly more heated. "Where's Gimli when you need him?"

At the mention of Gimli the whole group of dwarves where immediatly silenced, and started staring at Agoth. Agoth for his part was starting to look worried. "What did I say?"

The lead dwarf said something which Melody translated. "He's asking you if you know Gimli."

Agoth nodded. "Yeah we all know him. We met him at Helms Deep."

The dwarves started speaking excitedly among themselves when Agoth mentioned "Helms Deep". The drawf leader finally walked up to Ranthim and slung his arm around his shoulders, bending Ranthim nearly over double, and lead him back into the middle of the group, gesturing and speaking rapidly.

"It looks like they've decided not to kill Ranthim." Melody said. Ranthim looked smug at all the attention he was getting. Everyone else just rolled their eyes.

Agoth sniggered. "Well we almost got rid of him." Ranthim just glared at him.
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Location: One step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break!

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:31 am

Good post Smog! :) Nice touch with Gimli there. ;)

So who wants to go next? I guess JF has to decide whether he wants to be king or what. ;) :P 8)
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:22 am

SF-- good post! Nice to see it moving again. :)

And if it's up to JF to decide whether he wants to be king, we'd better watch out before he decides to take over Rohan next. :roll:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby whereismysam » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:42 am

shieldmaidenofrohan wrote:SF-- good post! Nice to see it moving again. :)

And if it's up to JF to decide whether he wants to be king, we'd better watch out before he decides to take over Rohan next. :roll:

Don't give him ideas!!!! :P:P

;)

Good post, SF!!! I don't have anything at the moment...

:horse::horse:
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:30 pm

*pokes thread again*

Ok, Dan, looks like it's up to you and me. And I posted more recently than you. :thppt:

Just kidding. :angel:

Anyway, since it's been quiet in here, I'm just going to squee because I get to ride a real horse soon! Just one day, but who cares. It's still a horse. :D :horse:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:45 pm

Back from my road trip! (incase anybody could have possibly missed it from the other threads :roll: ). I'll start mulling a post over in my head, but don't wait on me :P

Smor, that is so neat! Congrats! I have only ever ridden a horse at a slow trot, I would love to actually try it with a bit more speed somewhere where low handing branches aren't a constant threat :P

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:24 am

Hmmm, I can see what I can come up with here. Don't want to move us too far till we see what will happen with these ewok....err dwarves. :P
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:31 am

Ok, I'll be looking forward to seeing what happens next, Dan!

Saying goodbye for now, as I'm leaving for a couple weeks starting tomorrow for my road trip. :happydance: I'll be back in the middle of July, so feel free to use Rowyn to wreak whatever havoc you want while I'm gone (especially since the Mirror water hasn't worn off yet. :twisted: ) Wimsie also requested that I tell you all she's in Morocco but she'll be back.... at some point. I think she'll be back before I will, but I don't know what all she'll have to do to catch up when she gets home so I don't know when she'll actually be back on TORC. But anyway, see you all in a few weeks! :hihi:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:32 am

MOrroco?! Cool...

Sorry it's not longer...or more coherent...I must go to work....le sigh...

"So. Now that their not sacraficing me, does that mean I'm a god?"
Melody listened to the excited chatter of the dwarves for a moment.
"Erm, apparantly...yes."

A shocked silence descended on the group.
Several jaws dropped.
"Oh, Manwe help us...." was breathed from several quarters.

A noticeable smirk spread over Ranthim's face. Seveal members groaned.
"Lark....a little intervention?"

"Why? Why do we need intervention?"
This from the hobbit, who had been abandoned the moment Ranthim appeared.

Rowyn hesitaded before saying, "We need intervention because Ranthim is easily swayed by power...it goes to his head. Sometimes."

Riot choked on...something...before spluttering, "Sometimes?! The man is worse than Galadriel!! Show him anything shiney that smacks of power, and...*poof*!! He's ordering parades, pineapple, guava, and exotic animals....it makes him go MAD!!"

Rob gulped audibly. "So. What is going to happen to us?"

Mara sighed. "We'll just have to come up with something..."
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby SmogsFlame » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:58 pm

OK I had this idea, but I wanted to run it past the rest of you first. What if we brought the dwarves with us to Moria? That would give me, or someone else, something to go on for a post and maybe get us moving again.
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Location: One step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break!

Postby Gwenare » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:37 pm

Sounds good to me SF. :)
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive