Riders of Rohan: 3rd Muster: Mods please lock

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:49 pm

Aww, don't feel lonely, Lark! I'm still here! Just hard to have a conversation with myself. Well, I suppose I could, but then you might have to lock me up in the nuthouse. :wink:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby SmogsFlame » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:20 pm

Hey I'm still here lol :lol: :roll: and I talk to myself too. So if you get locked up I guess I have to too. To keep you company that is. :rofl:
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Location: One step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break!

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:05 am

Yeah...Life is crazy.....the past week I've been busy every day with my college's play. Thats what I get for being in drama...

So. We need a topic of conversation.....Or something......

*Throws rocks with Smor* :P
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:55 am

lark wrote:
BTW, it was awesome seeing you and Dan and the kids last week! :) My girls are still talking about how cute the kids were and how much fun they had playing with them.

You mean they weren't talking about how handsome I looked? Hmmmm.......... :P :D ;) We had a blast too with you all, as usual.

Sorry to not have posted in here for a while. My mind has been going in way too many directions to concentrate lately. I know we are stuck here at the moment, but lets just see how things go in the next while. Keep checking in and we'll see what comes up. I do think we are ready for something fresh. Either new characters or doing an alternate post War of the Ring RP in here.

Keep your spears sharp and your horses ready. The Riders of Rohan are still Mustering! :D

:horse:
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:56 am

Hey, could I join you guys' alliance?
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Johnny_Flett » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:51 pm

Greetings Swordsman!

Tho I have not the power (yet) to allow you to enter, I would certainly welcome your presence. We've got shieldmaidens out the wazoo, yet too few meat-eating, pipe smoking, gut-stomping warrior poets. Like me.

There's been a bit of a lull on the old thread lately. Perhaps some fresh meat is what we need to get our fruit-scented, creative juices going. Tell us of yourself, Swordsman. Of what tower do you man the sword? Do you enjoy killing? (I myself killed six Nazgul last weekend- well, we were given nine black chickens which we called "The Nazgul". The roosters had to go, so last Saturday afternoon I gave them battle in a contest not unlike the Pelennor. With less oliphaunts.)

Someone should be along shortly-

(hintDanhintGwenHintSmorHintLark)
Johnny_Flett
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:44 am

Johnny_Flett wrote: (I myself killed six Nazgul last weekend- well, we were given nine black chickens which we called "The Nazgul". The roosters had to go, so last Saturday afternoon I gave them battle in a contest not unlike the Pelennor. With less oliphaunts.)

A victory worthy of a song!!! *plays tune on lute and begins to sing*

There once was a man who lived on a farm and his name was JF. He ruled with a rod, and all of the farmhands were shod. Till one day the Nazgul came and demanded his ring. He bravely said no and there was a show till Lark did the supper bell ding.
(TM and R)

Hail Swordsman! Welcome to the Riders of Rohan! You are most welcome to join our alliance. Do read the first post and let us know of yourself. We hope to have a new light hearted RP going in here some time in the future, whether near or far depends on our muses. :) Welcome to TORC and to the Riders of Rohan!

FORTH EORLINGAS!! :HORSE:

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby lark » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:35 pm

Lovely song Dan. :roll: :P Yes, I have a freezer full of Nazgul. Sounds stranger then it is. :wink:

Sorry I’ve been absent for a while. I’ve been going through a bit of a TORC depression. I think I’m getting over it. :)

Welcome Swordsman! :) As Dan said, be sure to read the first post, and do make yourself at home! :D
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:21 pm

All right, all right, I'm here....

Welcome, Swordsman! As has already been said, things have been a bit quiet in the guild lately, but hopefully inspiration will strike soon and we'll be back to all our usual orc-hewing, horse-riding glory. :D

Lark-- it's ok. I've been absent a lot lately too. :hug:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:33 pm

Is there room for a roaming elf in the esteemed Riders of Rohan? I've been looking for some other guildes to join and this one popped out at me, mainly cause I love horses. As I said, I'm a wandering elf, I go everywhere and anywhere.
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Location: I'd rather be in Edoras right now.....even though I'm an elf

Postby lark » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:50 am

Wow! Two new members! We rock! :happydance:

Welcome Illyria! :) We do have elves here too. Our esteemed captain’s wife is also under Galadriel’s banner, though she has been quite busy lately. Also, my husband, though he flies the flag of Durin’s Folk, is half elvish. Just look at his sig pic! 8) (He’s also apparently half Fabio. :wink: ) Anyway, be sure to read the first post, then make yourself at home!! :)

I’m still playing with an idea for a final post for our old RP, but if someone else has something, please go ahead.

Oh, and I forgot to comment on:

handsome-Dan wrote:You mean they weren't talking about how handsome I looked? Hmmmm..........

I was going to say something about that, but I didn’t want to embarrass you. :roll: :P
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:08 pm

Much appreciated lark! I bring with me my blue-eyed mustang paint named Nienna. I look forward to riding with ya'll!
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:38 am

Fresh meat---I mean, New members.... :wink:

Welcome, Illyria and Swordsman!!

Wow...life is....interesting.

the unfortunate thing about being homeschooled is that I was not prepped for all the DRAMA of college..... :roll:

But life continues...

Cest la vie.
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:14 pm

Shoot, public school didn't even prepare me for the drama of college. People act more childish and immature when they get into college and it makes for some intense and stupid drama. I'm there with ya Maranwe.
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:34 am

Hail Illyria!! Welcome to the Riders!! :) We'll take elves, hobbits, and even a dwarf in here, but only if he/she/it can keep it up. :P

If my memory serves me correctly I believe we have a rider that is turning a year older today. If my memory is wrong, well then they just turned one day older. :P Happy Birthday Wimsie!!

Break out the ale, and the hobbit cakes! :P

Forth Eorlingas!!!

Mara and Illyria, I think some people act more immature the older they get. I see exactly what you're talking about. I hope the drama isn't too bad.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby whereismysam » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:10 am

Thank you, Dan! Yes, you are correct :) Today is my birthday. And I do have a hobbit-sized (chocolate cup) cake in front of me waiting to be eaten. ;) My ale for the morning (a pumpkin latte) is almost finished - must secure more! :D My friends and co-workers are good to me.

To Illyria and Swordsman, I am Whereismysam, or Wimsie for short! :D I'm a Rohirrim sometimes disguised as a hobbit because of how short I am. And how much I like to eat. :P ;) :D I too haven't been around TORC much lately. But hopefully that will change... ;) Welcome, and well met!!

Forth Eorlingas!!
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:11 am

Just to make sure all the bases are covered, Christian school doesn't really prepare you for dealing with college kids either. :wink:

Welcome, Illyria! And Dan's right, we've had all sorts in here. Me, I'm obviously biased towards Rohan, but I've been accused more than once of having Elven tendencies. :P Hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

And happy birthday, Wimsie! :happydance: :hug:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:29 pm

Illyria_Orthriel wrote:Shoot, public school didn't even prepare me for the drama of college. People act more childish and immature when they get into college and it makes for some intense and stupid drama. I'm there with ya Maranwe.

Wow, sooooooooooooooo true. Ridiculous behavior. I just keep to myself 90% of the time
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby whereismysam » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:09 pm

shieldmaidenofrohan wrote: happy birthday, Wimsie! :happydance: :hug:

Thanks, smor :hug::hug:
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:34 am

Oh, and can I ask that ya'll call me Lyria for short, I don't much like Illy. I've had people on other forums call me that, and I just don't feel like it fits. I much appreciate it! Thanks a bunch guys!
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Postby SmogsFlame » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:01 pm

Why sure!!! We can call ya whatever you want. Me I don't really care to much. Most people call me SF or Smaug.

Greetings Lyria! Sorry I haven't made my presence known before now. I just spent a long weekend running around like crazy. :roll: I usually try to pop in once and a while though :wink: But as I said welcome aboard.

Oh BTW greetings to you to SOTT!!! Hmmm I don't know about the rest of you but I don't care for that one. :? Maybe just Swords? Would this be all right? :)
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Location: One step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break!

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:24 am

Nice to be greeted by ya Smaug! I've been pretty busy myself, so I know how that is. Running around like a chicken with their head cut off, I hate being that busy.
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:05 pm

*peaks her head into the forum thread* hmm no one here. oh well, off I go to go crazy.
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:05 am

Going crazy is fun....Maybe we should have a halloween party in here...

*puts on fairy wings and produces decorations-Rohan themed, of course*

WHat say you?
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:49 pm

hmmm would this be an RPG cause the last party I said I'd be apart of I never went.
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:04 am

Well, of course, as I rather doubt you are based in Oklahoma....
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:37 pm

Well i have been a part of forums where we don't have to create our characters, we just join in and have fun. I'm just too lazy to make my own character.
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:57 pm

*Whimper* c'mon guys, give me some people to talk to! I've been checking this forum for a week and a half almost two weeks and no one has posted? sheesh
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Gwenare » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:23 am

Sorry, but some of us have had other things going on and can not post that often. I for one am one of those people. I'm sorry that things are very quiet in here, but that does happen sometimes. :|
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:28 am

Yeah, I was reallly busy there for a while, and now I have a lot of downtime. Hope ya'll are doing well though despite your busy schedules! Have a great weekend peeps!
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive