Riders of Rohan: 3rd Muster: Mods please lock

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Nimhiril » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:41 pm

I for one have been extremely busy, and I am so sorry for being absent for so long.

Welcome to our new members! :)

Um, I don't know how often I will be able to be in, but I will check when I get the chance, okay? Life's just crazy right now, I have a lot more on my plate than normal.

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:07 pm

Seems like everyone has Nim. Hope ya'll had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I did with lots of food, and more food! yay!
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Location: I'd rather be in Edoras right now.....even though I'm an elf

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:52 am

We haven't all abandoned the thread, Ilyria--- I've just been busy, and things here have been quiet. But I'm kind of hoping that things will pick up again after the holidays. :wink:

Good to see you, Nim!
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:38 pm

Oh, I know ya'll haven't abandoned the thread. I know better than that. I guess I'm just the least busy of all ya'll. Kinda makes me feel lazy even though I've been busy too. Oh well, ya'll have a great week and to those college students out there that have finals coming up, do well and study hard!
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Johnny_Flett » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:29 pm

On no- we certainly haven't abandoned the thread, as much as we have left it with abandon. To label the thread abandoned suggests the presence of an intent not to reclaim it. What we have here is a wanton disregard for it's reclamation, and a complete lack of consideration for the consequences that may arise from such negligence.

Wasn't Abandon the half brother of Lithdon? And wasn't he the one who, on the eve of his kidnapping Rowyn, was suffocated when his kitty cat Sassy Lashes fell asleep on his face?
Johnny_Flett
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:55 am

Johnny_Flett wrote:
Wasn't Abandon the half brother of Lithdon? And wasn't he the one who, on the eve of his kidnapping Rowyn, was suffocated when his kitty cat Sassy Lashes fell asleep on his face?

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor cats get blamed for everything, but then they usually are the culprits. :P

I have been away too long. Too much going on to keep up with anything, but yes after the holidays I plan on getting back into posting on a regular basis. Going to be closing this thread and opening up a new one too after the holidays. Let me know of any RP ideas you have and we can see how things go there. :)
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:19 am

I also keep forgetting that this forum consists of people older than college age. That's what I get for not thinking :D Everyone have a great weekend!
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Johnny_Flett » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:05 pm

Lyria wrote:this forum consists of people older than college age

Thank you for using "college age" instead of "dirt".

It's been so long since someone has been bubbly and cheerful around here I'm afraid we don't know how to act. It's just that Elladan is so mean...he yells at us. There has even been some talk of a mutiny...we're going to wait until he's busy playing The Lord of the Rings Online (which is like ALWAYS)...and then were going to take a very sharp stick and...shh...here he comes! :shock:
Johnny_Flett
Rider of the Mark

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:29 pm

Hey, I am college age, I don't think I'd refer to myself as dirt. But, you're welcome! :D
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Johnny_Flett » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:53 pm

What kind of a college?

State College?

Bible College?

Clown college?

I hope your major is Rebellion with a minor in Rabblerousing.
Johnny_Flett
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:15 pm

Haha, I don't play LOTRO all of the time, just 23 hours a day. I need a nap at some point. :D ;) :P You should sign up on LOTRO JF, you can do a heropose there and woo all of the shieldmaidens. Yeah you should join us on the dark side. :D ;)
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Johnny_Flett » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:41 pm

Allrighty Rohirroids, it looks like you're creeping up fast on the ol' 2000th post. What of it? Shall I prepare your mounds and the simbelmynë?
Johnny_Flett
Rider of the Mark

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:06 pm

YAY!! MOunds and Simbelmyne!!

wait....those are sad things....sorry...the elf part said, 'Yay, flowers!'

yeah..it's finals week here, but today an ice storm shut down teh college. The power was out this morning until......about 1:00 pm...quite exciting. And now I am just waiting for the traffic to clear enough for me to access the email. funness...

JF, I actually am at a private catholic college, and I'm afraid my major isn't Rebellion with a minor in Rabblerousing.....but it is Theatre with a minor in Music.....will that work? :wink: :P
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:49 pm

Hey, gotta watch out for those music people. Bunch of troublemakers. I should know. :wink:

And we're not dead yet! I think we might pull through this one! I feel happyyyyyy....

(Ok, maybe slightly loopy, but not dead yet.)

Nah, seriously, if my opinion counts for anything around here (which it better! :club: ), I'd say just ride it out until the holidays are over. There are ideas for a new RP being discussed. Just need time to bring it to fruition. :twisted:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:57 pm

I'm not dead yet..... I'm getting betta
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:44 am

Rohirroids

That sounds painful, but also gives me the image of a horse with a Barry Bonds head on it. Yes I know he only "allegedly" used steroids, but still.

Yeah, as Smor said, ride this through the holidays, and lets start fresh. :)

Forth Eorlingas!
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby lark » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:33 am

J_F wrote:Rohirroids

Sounds more like something you get from too much time in the saddle to me. :oops: :P

I can’t wait for the new RP. It’s got to be a lot more fun the Christmas shopping. :roll:
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby Johnny_Flett » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:35 pm

M-A-F wrote:I actually am at a private catholic college

Catholics? Yayness! I was raised a Catholic, back in the day. Went to a Catholic school with nuns. Mean nuns. I was even an altar boy. I was not once molested, although Father Morgan often threatened to beat us into unconsciousness if we misbehaved. And it worked. Although I have since strayed into the flocks of the fish-eyed Protestants, I still have a soft spot in my head for my old, billion member faith. Some of the rituals were pretty cool, like the blessing of throats (wasn't that St. Blaise's thing?), but some of them left permanent scars (I recall a Stations of the Cross that was SO long and SO boring to a child that to this day it makes me shudder).
For all of it's faults, I still carry many a fond memory, and a couple of hefty sackfuls of good ol' Catholic guilt. My confirmation name is Gabriel. :wink:

Anyhoof, where were I? Ah, yes, the quote.

M-A-F wrote:I actually am at a private catholic college

Surely should have read

M-A-F probably meant to have wrote:I am actually at a private catholic college

Or perhaps

M-A-F might actually have wrote:I am at a private catholic college, actually.

Or perhaps, more existentially

M-A-F in a dream-like state wrote:Am i actually at a private catholic college?

Majoring in theater? The theater is okay, I guess, but the floors are always sticky! :o Get it? :shock: :x :nono: :roll:
Johnny_Flett
Rider of the Mark

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:03 am

Yes. Mountain dew. :P

My confirmation name is Cecilia...patroness of musicians. And Ketha's is Michael....

Cause he's the closest to a patron of swordsmen we have.

Yes, my grammar was/is abominable.

BTW, an existentialist wouldn't be questioning their location; rather, they'd probably be talking about how they have to make the best of it because of their duty towards all mankind....unfortunately, I have sold my textbook backe, else I would find what that school of thought is known as.

Wow. Dr. Moore would be proud. I was rambling slightly on Philosophy...I need sleep.
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:39 am

Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel wrote:Yes. Mountain dew. ...I need sleep.

Now that is one bad combo there!! :P :D ;)

Yes I know that was a bad edit, but still. :P

Forth Dewingas!!!

:horse:
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby whereismysam » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:20 am

You all keep me heartily amused. :rofl:

Just letting you know that I'm here, and like what seems the majority, am waiting out the holidays and the start of the new thread. 8)

Forth Dewingas!!!

That is just wrong on so many levels. :rofl:

:horse::horse::horse:
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby Johnny_Flett » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:08 pm

The Silent Majority wrote:That is just wrong on so many levels.

Indeed. A fitting prologue for the Fourth, and possibly most disturbing Muster. The Rohan Council tries to explain away Elladan Elfhelm's prolonged absence by suggesting that he had spent the time perfecting a sweetened corn and oat breakfast cereal. Captain Elfhelm's cereal is a huge success, and is marketed under the name Cap'n Crisp, with the box bearing his likeness.
Cap'n Crisp is often seen riding his horse through a wall as a Rohirric horn blares. He often arrives in the middle of a predicament and uses his cereal to solve the problem at hand by "Crisp-a-tizing" it, a reference to the cereal's crispy crunch. The Fourth Muster is also witness to the return of Morgoth, who returns from the Timeless Void to try and steal the Captain's cereal recipe.

I expect the combination of epic high fantasy and sweetened ready-to-eat cereals will bring us fame and fortune beyond our wildest imaginings! :)
Johnny_Flett
Rider of the Mark

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:27 am

Dude, you guys are absolutely amazing, you have made my day on so many levels! I kind of wish I knew more people on the board, but that requires me branching out into different forums. Me, I'm lazy on occasion and it usually comes around the time that I want to meet other people on the board. Here's to a hopeful push in the right direction :drink: cheers
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Postby SmogsFlame » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:57 pm

Well I might as well check in to. It seems everyone else has lol. :roll: Like everyone else I'm blaming my not being here on the holidays lol. Even though I may not post much I always try to check in every couple days.

Though I kinda *cough* didn't for a while. Yeah yeah I know and I'm sorry. I noticed we were talking about being Catholic and going to college a bit ago. My family is Independant Baptist. An I'm planning on going to Marshall University. Majoring in Criminal Justice, dunno what I shall minor in. :? :roll: :lol:

Oh also like everyone else, I plan on being back for a good long while after New Year, and whenever the new RP starts. :hihi: Bye my friends.
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Location: One step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break!

Postby RohanCouncil » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:29 am

Alright Riders, we are bringing this one to a close before we are bombarded by hungry kids wanting Captain Crisp. Actually I think we still have some in the 16.9oz box. :D

Bring on Fourth Muster!!!

:horse:
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Previous

Return to The Library - General Archive