Riders of Rohan: 3rd Muster: Mods please lock

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Merewyn Character, Part One

Postby Starshadow » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:28 am

Yes, two parts. I'm still working on the bio/history. But here's the first part:

BASIC INFORMATION
Name: Merewyn, named for her father’s mother
Pronunciation: 'me - re - wIn (for those who do not know IPA, the “e” is much like the ai in “rain” or the accented e in the French “beauté,” the middle “e” becomes more of a schwa - which apparently is not recognized here on the boards because it will not allow me to use the symbol - due to it not being stressed and because of the “w” in the next syllable, and the last syllable would be pronounced just like the word “win.” Stress is on the first syllable.)
Nickname: Mere (in the case of the nickname, the second “e” retains more of the ai/rain sound)
Birthdate: 20 April 2997
Current Age: 26
Birthplace: Aldburg, in the Eastfold
Mother: Leofwyn (age 57), still resides in Aldburg
Father: Freamund (age 60), once led an Eastfold eored until his death at Helm's Deep, now led by her brother, Frealaf
Siblings: brothers: 1) Frealaf (age 32), veteran of Helm's Deep as well as the battles of Pelinnor Fields and in front of the Black Gates; 2) Leofmund, deceased (age 29) in the battle at the Black Gates; 3) Wærmund, (age 24) also veteran of the final battles against Saruman and Sauron’s forces and currently rides in Frealaf’s eored

DESCRIPTION
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 138 lbs

Build: As most of the children of Rohan, Mere was always (and still is) very athletic and quite strong (though one would never guess so if one simply judged based on size and bone structure alone) due to love of all physical activities, including hiking and climbing up in the White Mountains and even some reckless exploration around the Emyn Muil at one point (for which she was severely punished when her father found out) from which she still bears a thin, white scar on her right thigh.

Hair color/style: Long, slightly wavy and full-bodied dark blonde hair with some copper highlights that only appear when the light catches them perfectly.

Complexion/Skin Color: As expected, her skin is lightly tanned wherever the sun has touched it, with a scattering of freckles across her cheeks and nose.

Facial features: An oval face framed by thin eyebrows of a shade slightly darker than her hair set off grey-blue eyes and a straight nose, followed by dusky red lips whose smile quirks up to the left before the rest of the mouth follows. Her smile is rare these days, and even when it does appear, her eyes often remain melancholy, as if there is some great sadness within her that she dare not speak of.

Style of dress: Simple dresses, often embellished with her own embroidery work, are the mainstay of her wardrobe. She prefers the colors blue and green in all their shades. When riding, though, she wears loose-fitting trousers and linen shirts, and leather armor if the situation demands it. She owns very few gowns, but on those rare occasions when she wears one of them, she is a sight to behold.

Habits/Quirks/Idiosyncracies: When worried or anxious, she has a tendency to twirl her hair around her fingers. Her mother never broke her of the habit, despite years of trying. This is witnessed far less often now, as she tends to keep her hair in a long braid these days. Sometimes, the braid will trail down her back, the tip just brushing her waist; other days, the braid will be wound around her head like a crown.

Hobbies: Embroidery and weaving, both of which she finds restful and calming. Strangely enough, she despises spinning and will do anything to avoid it, including trading work with someone else (she’d rather muck out stables than spin).

Horse: Her last horse was shot out from under her at the Black Gates. Now, she rides a blood bay gelded two summers ago, trained by her brother Wærmund, who is considered one of the finest horse trainers in the Eastfold.

Weapons: Mere is a deadly marksman with the bow, and though no expert, wields her sword passably well – well enough to keep her alive at Helm’s Deep and beyond. Determined to improve, she practices daily with the blade, both on and off her horse.

Other Skills: A faithful daughter to her mother, Mere is at least competent in housewifery skills – as you might expect, she is a good cook, and knows how to clean just about anything. She can make her own clothing if necessary, as well as weave and she is skilled enough with her needlework that others have asked her to ply her needles on their clothing, saddles, and banners.

Personality: Always a precocious and mischievous child, the mischief turned into Mere being something of a risk-taker as she grew older. This was not really in her nature, but rather something she turned to in the hopes of gaining attention and then never seemed to be able to leave behind. Her escapades often got her into trouble (when she got caught, that is); fortunately, she has left the more thrill-seeking part of her behind, though there are those who still believe she takes far too many risks for her own good.

She is most certainly not a calm soul, but rather much like the grasses of the fields in early spring when the wind rustles through them, creating waves of green and gold. Never one to be idle, she will always find some task to occupy herself with, not simply because of her seemingly endless energy, but because in idleness, her mind is free to think upon other things – things that she would rather forget, or that she can do nothing about. So, to avoid melancholy and despair, she keeps busy, to the point where she has on occasion worked herself to the point of exhaustion.
Starshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:20 am

Hey Star that looks great. Very nice character and very well written and detailed. :) Great job.

Ok, I'll get the first Edoras post up shortly hopefully. It'll be a short intro to set the stage. :)

Dan

edit: FYI:

Yuledays: Two days of the Shire Calendar that marked the end of one year and the beginning of the next. They fell outside the formal 'months' of the calendar, coming after the month of Foreyule and being followed in turn, naturally enough, by the month of Afteryule. They formed the centre of the six-day Yuletide festival celebrated not only in the Shire, but also by other northern cultures of Middle-earth.

This is the basis for our RP. Merry just might have instituted this in Rohan. Well he might have. :P ;) We'll call it Christmas though. ;)
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gloamglozer » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:04 pm

Stable Boy Dan :)

Oh thanks Star now I have to do some work on my bio :roll:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'll post the bio later tonight or tommorrow. I know I said today but I have been very busy, Christmas and all that Jazz. :shock:
Where did that Chicago reference come from :?:
That's it. It was BBC One and it's catchy advert about the films that are on over Christmas. I swear they must use subliminal messaging....... I did not just say that. A nice, kind, generous and excellent company like the BBC would not use subliminal messaging .The BBC is the most fantastic broadcasting company in the world. It has quality shows on everyday and night.
TV licensing MUST stay!!!!!
ABC is abismal.
The Sun newspaper must die!!!

.....ahem. Don't know what came over me there. Anyway, what was I saying, oh yes.
Sorry abut the lack of a bio but I'll have it very soon Dan.

Gloam
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Starshadow » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:11 pm

Apologies for not having Part Two finished yet, but we had our office Christmas party today, so I had to go make nice with people. I've got something to do here right quick, and then I can get back to it and hopefully have it posted later today or tomorrow at the latest.

Sorry!! :(
Starshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby Starshadow » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:12 pm

Elladan_Elfhelm wrote:We'll call it Christmas though. ;)

Eru-mas? ;)
Starshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:00 pm

Star wrote:Eru-mas? ;)

That will work too. ;) That's okay on your second part. We'll be looking for it. :)

Gloam, sounds good to me too on yours tomorrow. :)

Okay here is the first post for the new light RP. Now, it's not meant to be as insane as the Star Wars one. By that I mean we don't have Force abilities. ;) It should be a great way for us just to have a good time over a good natured RP.

The snow-capped White Mountains glistened in the morning sun. Most of the valley area was free from snow at the moment, but Elrosar had a feeling that a good snow was on the way. He watched as his breath trailed away from him to mingle with the smoke from the fire outside their tents.

He heard some rustling sounds behind him and turned to see his wife Adrial poke her head out of the tent that she shared with his sister Elwing. She always looked so beautiful in the morning to him. She would never agree with him, but he knew he was right. “Is it morning already?” Adrial asked as she pulled her cloak around her and walked over to him.

“Sure is,” he replied with a smile. “Isn’t it a beautiful day?”

“For hibernating animals maybe,” she said as she warmed herself by the fire. “Elwing will be awake shortly, she was stirring as I woke up.” She reached into the tent and pulled out a pot and a flask of water. She filled up the pot, and hung it on the holder over the fire for the water to boil. “Where’s Déor?”

“He’s in the tent shaving,” Elrosar replied with a smirk. “He said his face felt rather rough last night and wanted to shave. He came out early and heated up some water.”

“He just wants to look good for your first officer,” Adrial replied with a wink and a grin.

“I heard that,” a voice from inside the other tent called out. “I haven’t shaved in three days, and I needed it,” the voice said again.

“We believe you Déor,” Elrosar replied with a hearty laugh. “You and Rowyn are still under my command, even with us on leave. I can order you to stay away from her.”

“You wouldn’t dare,” Déor said angrily in returned and then yelped in pain. “See what you did! You made me cut myself.”

“Sorry cousin. I’ll leave you alone.” Elrosar’s attention was then drawn back to Adrial and Elwing’s tent, as his sister stepped out into the cold morning air. “Could you three talk any louder? I was trying to sleep.”

“My apologies Elwing,” Elrosar said as Elwing shivered in the cold air. “I was just pointing out how strange our cousin is acting. He quickly forgets himself when a certain friend of yours name is mentioned.”

“Oh yes, Rowyn,” Elwing smiled at the realization that she would see her best friend later this day when they reached Edoras. Elrosar’s eored was on leave, but after their last tour of duty it had been decided that they would gather at the end of the year to celebrate Christmas and the coming new year.

“And I’m sure that a certain brother of hers will be there as well,” Adrial said as she began to prepare a light breakfast for the four of them.

Elwing’s eyes widened as the words rolled off Adrial’s lips. “Haleth will be there?”

“The King is always in Edoras at this time of the year, as is his personal eored,” Elrosar said while trying to keep a smile from breaking out on his face.

“When are we packing up?” Elwing asked softly as she watched the flames of the fire flicker before her.

“We’ll be heading out immediately after breakfast,” the Rohirrim Captain responded, and he couldn’t help but smile as Elwing quickly turned and made her way back to her tent. “Where are you going?”

“My hair needs brushing if you must know,” Elwing said with a huff, then turned and disappeared into the tent.

“Were we ever that way?” Elrosar asked his wife, as she stirred on the pot of boiling water.

“Yes you were,” two voices called out to them from inside the tents.

:)

Dan

edit: Is that red too bright? We can use dark red if you think it would be better.
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:42 pm

Star: Your bio looks good. :)

Sounds good to me Dan. As you know it will be tomorrow (:roll: in my dreams) or Thursday before I can get anything up. :bang:
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:47 pm

That's ok Gwen. I know what you're up against. :hug:

BTW folks. This is a stand alone RP. The events in the Pony RPs are not in use here. :) That way we don't have to get everything right, and it opens it up for all of the Guild to participate. :)

Dan
Last edited by Elladan_Elfhelm on Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gloamglozer » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:58 pm

Well I have looked up a name for my character. Araedhelm which is a translation of William. (Which is not my real name)

I was also wondering if my character could be a sort of military adviser to the king or the guardian of Meduseld (like an honarary position).
He isn't a very high up member of Rohan but his views are valued by the King and his highest commanders.

He is going to be in his late thirties so could he be a captain who advises the king or am I just jumping the gun here.

Gloam
Last edited by Gloamglozer on Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:13 pm

Gloam, sounds okay to me. :) He should be able to jump right in in Edoras. :)

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Penelope_Brandybuck » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:24 pm

Hello My name is Penny and I was wondering if I could join......I have herd very good things about this thread from my mom (Borin) and my sis (Robin)
Penelope_Brandybuck
Petitioner to the Council

Postby RohanCouncil » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:56 pm

Penny, welcome to TORC and to the Riders of Rohan. You sure may join the Guild. If you haven't already read the first post please do. And so we don't forget again, we will add you right now. ;)

If you are looking to join in the RP here in this thread you are more than welcome. The one in the Pony is full right now. All you need to do is give us a writing sample and a bio of your character. :) Thanks for your interest in our Guild. :)
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby Gwenare » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:24 pm

Welcome Penny. I look forward to reading your bio and writing samples. :)

Gloam, I look forward to your bio too. :)
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:02 am

Rohan Council... this is Penny's Mom.... she has already left for work and wanted to ask a question... I told her I was writing with a question also so we are asking both...

Penny wants to know if she should make up a new Bio or if she can keep her Hobbit character for this one? she is really new to RPing and isn't sure what she should do.. Will it be okay if she writes her Bio up as a story to cover that as she only has a few short RP posts ?

I want to know if it is alright for me to use Borin the dwarf here? I really must see about developing a Rohan character ... I just like being different I guess. Penny will probably be hanging with Borin 'cause with her work schedule I told her I would help carry her along if she joined....

Borin
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:13 am

I'll speak for RC here, they are on vacation again.

Borin, Borin will be fine. Did that sound or what? :P Yes the dwarf will be fine. :) As far as Penny's question goes, yes her bio can be part of her story. She can mix it in with her writing sample. :) And a hobbit is fine for this one. :) We should be in Edoras the whole time anyway.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Merewyn, Part Two

Postby Starshadow » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:45 am

Sorry it didn't show up yesterday. Here it is, though I'm not entirely satisfied with it. It will do, though. Also, I made a mistake: her birth year is 2993 - Math. Is. Hard. ;)

Anyway, here is the remainder:

BACKGROUND/HISTORY:

They say she died of illness, but my mother says differently. She always told me that Théodwyn died of a broken heart once her husband was killed. True, it was illness that took her, but with her heart gone, there was nothing left in her to fight against the sickness that devoured her. As a child, this meant nothing to me, but now…now, I believe her, for I know what it is to love a man so much that your very life depends upon it. And so, with her death, my dear friends departed for Edoras, to live with their uncle, the King. I was but nine at the time, and wept bitterly that my friends were to be taken from me. How unfair! Éowyn and I were practically inseparable then – I thought of her as my sister. She and I against our brothers – it was always thus.

It was four years before I found the courage to leave my home and travel to Edoras to reunite with my childhood friends. I still remember my parents’ angry words, and mine in return. I told them that they could not hold me, and that if they did not give me leave to go, I would do so anyway. How young I was then – and how determined. They relented, in the end, and off I went, feeling very brave and grown-up as I sat upon my horse, waiting for my father’s eored to finish gathering so that we might be off. My first adventure, though not my last.

In Edoras, I found things had changed. Four years – changes people. From the moment I saw his face, though, my Fate was sealed. The boy had become a man, and I found strange feelings burst open and begin to grow within me. I found a place in the King’s household as a lady-in-waiting because of my father’s status.

I remember the first time he kissed me – how could I not? It is one of only two kisses I have ever had and I cling to their memory and will do so until the day of my death. It was the eve of the King’s heir’s birthday and there was a great celebration. He was drunk, and I was giddy with the little bit of wine I had been allowed as well as the excitement and the heat in the great Hall. He pulled me into the shadows, told me I was beautiful, and kissed me. It was as if a fire had been set inside me, and as our lips parted and he half-stumbled away to re-join the other young men, I could only stand and watch him go. I was fourteen.

Four years I dreamt of that kiss almost nightly; four years I hoped and tried to catch his eye, while watching as other women flirted with him and competed for his affections. I tried many things, all except what would have perhaps been the wisest – simply telling him of my heart’s feelings. To be close to him, I practiced with the bow and blade; I killed my first orc when I was fifteen, in a company of the King’s men.

The second kiss came upon my seventeenth birthday, and with it a present that I still wear – a simple silver pendant hung upon horsehair that he had braided himself. I do not think he knows I still have it, and wear it around my neck under my clothing. Yet still, nothing more came of it. Angry, I vowed to forget him. I even left Rohan for a time, wandering across Middle Earth. I thought that maybe, if I stayed away, his face would quit haunting me, that the feelings would wither and die without the water and sunlight of his face and voice. I saw the mountain kingdoms of the dwarves, and even spent time amongst the fairest of the races – elves, learning some words of their tongue and picking up a few tricks to improve my skills as an archer. But every night, he was in my dreams and so, at twenty-two, I returned home. Once more, I became a shadowy wraith that haunted his footsteps, though he knew it not. Of course we spoke often, and I always searched each word, each look, for hidden meaning.

There was a time when I still had hope; though my father was not of the same status as his, still he was of noble blood and so a match between us would not have been shocking. Our family had been friends and allies for generations, and we – the most recent generation – closer than most. My hopes long since died; the day he became heir to the throne, I knew then that it was too late. Had I managed to capture his heart before then, perhaps he would have…but it matters not now. I followed him to the Black Gates and back – I will follow him as long as I have breath in my body.

I know there are those who whisper about me when they think they cannot hear. They whisper of the sadness they see in my eyes, thinking it is because of the deaths of my father and brothers. Though I do weep for them and mourn their deaths, it is not for them that there is the unabiding sorrow within me. No, it is because I am doomed to love a man who does not love me, a man who even now rides towards his future bride. I would hate this woman, if I could, but how can I? It is not her fault that my heart belongs to him and always has; it is not her fault that it was she that he chose and not I. No, I cannot hate her, but must love her even as I love him, for my love for him is such that I can do nothing except wish him happiness.

For myself, I will live my life in service to him and those who follow him, and there are none now to give me comfort. Let them whisper, for none will ever know the truth. Only Leofmund ever knew of my feelings, and he is gone from this world, and so this secret is safe. It will never see the light of day.

Love has wearied me beyond all telling
broken my heart within my body
crushed my spirit and I am forsaken
What good is love when unrequited
kisses unclaimed
Devotion unnoticed
I will not go to any man in the land save thee
And thou wouldst not have me, thus
None shall

Edited to fix two typos :bang: I hate typos
Last edited by Starshadow on Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:11 am

Great bio Star. :D Very well written. Man that was sad, :( but good. :) I think Mere will fit right in. She's more than welcome to come to the Christmas party. ;)

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Starshadow » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:25 am

Elladan_Elfhelm wrote:Great bio Star. :D Very well written. Man that was sad, :( but good. :) I think Mere will fit right in. She's more than welcome to come to the Christmas party. ;)

Dan

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. It gives her reason to be around the King and everyone else for future RPs, and also makes it make perfect sense as to why she's not traveling with the entourage right now. The angst factor will be fun to write.

I'll try and do some solo writing for her in the near future as well (posted in green, if I recall correctly, but I'll double-check that).
Starshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:43 am

Star, green is correct. :) Looking forward to more of her story. :)

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:09 pm

Star, I don't know if it will help you with getting in, but my character also lives in Edoras (since the War of the Ring) so she may have crossed paths with yours once or twice.

And just an OOC disclaimer-- at the end of Red Dawn, I'd mentioned that Rowyn's uncle's name was Leofwine--this was before Lef joined us, of course. I kept it that way for consistency, so just so anyone doesn't get confused. Besides, it's not like he'll be mentioned much.

Rowyn glanced out the window at the sky, a bit nervously. Though most of the snow from the last storm had disappeared from Edoras, there was an icy edge to the wind that spoke of more harsh weather to come. She just hoped that all of her friends who were en route would arrive before the storm did. She knew that several of them were set to arrive that day for the upcoming celebration, including Elwing, Elrosar and Adrial. Because of that, she and her brother Haleth had been frantically working for the last several days to get everything prepared—since the inns were filling up quickly, their uncle had generously offered to let Elrosar’s family stay with them, much to the delight of the twins. Of course, that meant that there was much to be done with cleaning up and finding room for everyone to sleep. Her aunt, Gaerwyn, had spent nearly the entire day before cooking as much food as she could in advance, and Rowyn had divided her time between helping her and assisting her two cousins with the cleaning. Haleth, in the meantime, had been cleaning out the stables and helping their uncle with a few minor repairs; though he did well enough when working in his smithy, Leofwine was mildly crippled, and it was sometimes difficult for him to do such things on his own if it involved being on his feet a lot.

Rowyn was sitting by the fireplace, stirring the stew for the noon meal, when Haleth came in, not even bothering to remove his cloak before hurrying over to the fireplace and warm his hands. “I think they’re almost here, Wyn,” he said. “Saw four horses approaching the city.”

“They’re earlier than I expected then,” Rowyn answered, calling Laerwyn, the older of her two cousins, over to take over the stew before taking off her apron and quickly running her fingers through her hair in an attempt to smooth it down.

“Your hair looks fine, Rowyn,” Haleth said, a teasing sparkle in his eyes. “Besides, I think Déor will be so shocked to see you in a dress that he won’t even notice your hair.”

“What are you talking about?” Rowyn asked innocently. “I’ve worn dresses before. In fact, I wear skirts most of the time when I’m off-duty, as you well know.”

“Yes, but they’re those divided riding skirts you’re so fond of. A far cry from that,” Haleth replied, nodding towards the simply-cut brown dress that Rowyn was wearing.

“Then I suppose it wouldn’t bother you to remind you that you were the one who insisted on having your hair cut last night?” Rowyn retorted, nodding towards her brother’s freshly-trimmed hair.

“I needed a trim,” Haleth said with a shrug. “If I had gone much longer without one, all we’d have to do is dress me up in one of your skirts and I’d look like you.” He grinned as he tugged on one of Rowyn’s long, strawberry-blonde locks.

Rowyn rolled her eyes and swatted him on the arm, but Haleth was spared her retort as Lána, the younger cousin, came running inside. “They’re here!” she said breathlessly. Rowyn quickly grabbed her cloak from a peg on the wall, and she and her brother followed Lána back outside. Sure enough, Elrosar was reining Mormith in, closely followed by Adrial. Elwing hardly waited to pull Läure to a stop before jumping off her horse and running over to Rowyn. “It’s so good to see you!” she squealed, hugging her friend.

“You too, El,” Rowyn said, hugging her back. “I’ve missed having you around. Not as much as my brother, of course, but…” Her voice trailed off and she grinned at the dirty look that Haleth shot her. Even though Haleth had been openly courting Elwing for months, she still enjoyed teasing him. But she stepped aside so Haleth could greet Elwing, turning to greet Elrosar and Adrial. She greeted Déor last, smiling at him a bit shyly as he hugged her.

Once all the greetings were out of the way, they turned to more important matters. “You’re going to be in my room, of course,” Rowyn said to Elwing.

“And Elrosar and Adrial, you’ll be staying in mine. Déor, I’m afraid we’ve been banished to the stables,” Haleth added with a grin. “But my uncle’s forge is right on the other side of the stone wall, so it won’t get too cold.”

“Unless we do have a snowstorm,” Rowyn said apologetically. “Then you’ll have to sleep on the floor inside.”

“I’ll be fine either way, don’t worry,” Déor said, smiling at her.

“Have you heard when anyone else is arriving?” Elrosar asked.

Rowyn shook her head. “Soon, I think, but I haven’t heard anything definite. But in the meantime, why don’t you come inside? Lunch should be ready, and I’m sure you’d all love some hot food.”

“That would be wonderful,” Adrial said, and the others all nodded agreement as they went inside.
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:12 pm

Dan- can you let RC know that the Link for Lef's story leads to Bell's stroy over on page 1. I just thought that they should know, I went over to read Lef's story and Found the error.

~Robin~
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:30 pm

Robin, will do. :)

Smor, Great post. :)
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:34 pm

Smor: If RL allows me, would it be possible for Adrial and the girls to take over the kitchen and cook something? :D Pretty please with brownies in the making. ;)
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:53 pm

Gwenare wrote:Smor: If RL allows me, would it be possible for Adrial and the girls to take over the kitchen and cook something? :D Pretty please with brownies in the making. ;)

That kitchen will never be the same again. ;) :P

Smor, do I sense a White Christmas coming? :P

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:55 pm

I resemebled that remark Dan! :x :x Just for that, no Rohirric cheesecake, if they had such. None for you! :thppt:

I will however make bunches and bunches for everyone else! ;)

And I do hope a white Christmas because it's the only one we will see.
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Gloamglozer » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:10 pm

Right I'm goin to do a Star here and post half of the bio now. The next half tommorrow. Hope it's ok.

BASIC INFORMATION
Name: Araedhelm
Pronunciation: A-red-helm (the ’red’ is said quickly)
Nickname: Araed
Birthdate: 1st June 2981
Current Age: 38
Birthplace: Edoras
Mother: Welwyn (age 60), lives in a small village in the Westfold. She narrowly escaped the attacks of Sauruman
Father: Frinhelm (age 60), used to belong to King Theoden’s escort. He was relieved of duty when he suffered a wound to the left leg during the Battle of the Pelenor fields.
Siblings: Frinhund (age 20), is a member of the a new Westfold Eored.

DESCRIPTION
Height: 6'
Weight: 200 lbs

Build: He is athletic and strong with a muscle bound upper body.

Hair color/style: Medium, slightly wavy, blonde hair with some dark sections brown sections hidden beneath the blonde.

Complexion/Skin Color: He has slightly tanned skin with quite a few scars, most of them hidden, from the battles during the war of the ring.

Facial features: He has a square-ish face with a strong bone structure. He has deep blue eyes and he has a thin scar going from his left ear to the middle of his cheek.

Style of dress: He wears the typical armour of the Rohirrim but with the addition of a green cape with, instead of the white horse, the sun emblem of Meduseld. When he is out of armour he wears plain working clothes.

Habits/Quirks/Idiosyncracies: When he is thinking he will rest his head on his crossed hands and will stare into the distance, almost completely ignoring anybody else around him.

Hobbies: He likes to forge axes even though he was never trained as a blacksmith. He learned the art a few years before the war of the ring. He has created quite a few axes but uses his originally forged bearded axe in battle. He also likes delving into Rohan History.

Horse: His horse is a light grey stallion who has been with him through many battles. So far he (the horse) has weathered the attacks of all who has assailed them.

Weapons: Araed uses several weapons during battle. He has his sword, his bearded axe and a spear. Like all Rohirrim he can fire a bow and arrow and keeps them with him, but if he has to kill anything far away he prefers to use a spear, with which he is quite a good shot.
He prefers to use his close ranged weapons, the sword and the axe. He wields both to great effect.
His sword has the golden sun emblem at the end of the handle. The handle is made of brown leather. A thin golden coloured metal makes an intricate pattern around the area where the crossbar normally goes. In this pattern, which travels slightly up the blade, are the pictures of a horse on one side and the great hall on the other.

Other Skills: Besides from his axe forging skills he takes a small class of youngsters every few weeks. He teaches them the arts of sword fighting as well as the history of Rohan.

Personality: He is a happy, joyous soul and always has a smile curling around his lips. That is until it comes to battle. At those times he is the most serious person on the battlefield. He is always in thought and planning out different things. Because of this attribute he has become a great tactician.
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:13 pm

Gwen-- of course the girls can take over the kitchen! And I hope you get to post. :hug:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Starshadow » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:17 pm

I know this is a stand-alone RP, but I have a quick question time-wise. Is this pre- or post- royal wedding? I'm guessing pre, since your official RP is still going on. Or are we literally doing this RP as if it was in another world (in which case my question still stands, but the reference to the other RP does not). Sorry if this is confusing.
Starshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby Gwenare » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:09 pm

squeeeeeeeeeeeeees with delight over taking over the kitchen

No post tonight. I'm too :zzz: where I slept very little. I did manage a nap because little bit needed one too. :) I have some things for works to get done and then I'm free after tomorrow. :)

edit: Star, I asked Dan and he said it is after the wedding. The King is married. I hope that helps. :)
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:32 pm

Gloam, nice bio. :) I really like the name.

Star, this is a completely stand alone RP. I didn't think about this when Gwen called me, but after I got home and looked at it we can go either way. We don't want to reference anything in VU, because we really don't know how that will all shake out. Which will work better for you with the King? Married or Unmarried? We can go either way. :)

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive