The how would you react if thread

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

The how would you react if thread

Postby IamMoose » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:51 am

Okay this is NOT a one word answer thread cos i want people to give reasons for their answers and also to say what that says about them. THe idea is, I give a scenario and you say how you'd react, why and what it says about you..

First scenario: how would you react if someone pushed in front of you at the supermarket till?
IamMoose
Mariner

Postby Gwenneth_Eruwen » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:16 am

Unless I was in a hurry I would most likely not say anything about it but let them go ahead of me. My home has been so crazy latlely that I like to take my time getting home witch is why I would let the the rudeness slide.

Second scenario: How would you react if someone stole a pet of your family's that you didn't like to much?
Gwenneth_Eruwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimhiril » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:24 am

I would help in the search anyway, if my brother and everyone else liked it. I mean, I don't want my brother to be miserable and in turn make me miserable just because of a pet. I would help in the search most ruthlessly. But, if no one liked it I would be like, "Cool, it's out of my hair."

Next scenario: You just found out your brother is getting married to a girlfriend you didn't like.
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby IamMoose » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:04 pm

I'd not say anything .. it is really not a good idea to get involved with other people's spouses. Unless there was something really obvious that my sibling was missing - infidelity for instance - I would grin and bear it.

How would you react if a friend of yours was using hard drugs?
IamMoose
Mariner

Postby Nimhiril » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:27 pm

Well... okay, that's hard. I would tell them what they're doing is wrong. I would pray really hard for them. I would deffinetly try to help them somehow. If they wouldn't listen to reason, I think I would be like "Okay, you've chosen drugs over me." and walk away from the situation. I would still pray, but I won't hang out with a drug addict.

What would you do if you found out that your boyfriend/girlfriend that you thought you really loved died in an alcohal related accident?
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby IamMoose » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:36 pm

What do you mean alcohol related accident.. drink driving? Dying of alcohol poisoning? I would be absolutely devastated either way. I have nothing against drinking and would not think any the worse of them if it was alcohol poisoning.

How would you react if someone walked up to you in the street and slapped you?
IamMoose
Mariner

Postby Nimhiril » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:55 pm

Moose ~ I meant car accident, and not them neccisarily being the drunk driver, you know it can go either way.

Okay, would be appalled. Probably yell at them and be very frusterated. I wouldn't cus, but ... I don't know. I would not be very happy.

What would you do if you found out your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife was cheating on you?
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby IamMoose » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:07 am

I'd be really annoyed but I'd want to make sure first that I had my facts straight. It would depend if it was a one off mistake or a consistent affair but if the latter I would dump them.

How would you react if TORC closed forever?
IamMoose
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:22 am

I would be sad, but I would not be all grumpy and stuff and cry for days about it. I love TORC, but I can live without it. I have email addresses for my closest friends from here and for others who I would want to keep in touch with, I think I wouldn't have any problems getting them. :)

What would you do if someone hit your dog or cat with their car?
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Gwenneth_Eruwen » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:40 am

I would be extreamly sad and if the pet is only injured I would expect for them to pay for the Vet expences. If the pet was killed I don't think I would ask for the person to replace the animal unless it was a purebread of some kind.

What would you do if any sibling of yours up and ran away with no explanation?
Gwenneth_Eruwen
Ranger of the North

Postby IamMoose » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:13 am

I dunno really .. my siblings are all adults so they can come and go as they please ;). I would try to text or call them and then leave it to them to make the first move.

How would you react if you were diagnosed with a brain tumor?
IamMoose
Mariner

Postby Pelargonium » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:55 pm

I would tell all of my friends I loved them and try to spend as much time as possible praying, having a blast with my friends, doing things I wouldn't do and get treatments most likely. I would try to be bright about it instead of devistated, because I'll be going on to a better place...

How would you react if you were typing up the last bit of a very important, 500 point paper due in the next class period and the computer locks up and your file is unsaved or completely erased?
Pelargonium
Shield Bearer

Postby Trasmerg38 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:59 pm

I'm not a student, but I know it would be totally frustrated. I'd have to get away from the computer for a bit to unstress as much as possible before sitting back down and doing a "power dump", typing as much of the information I had that I could remember, then edit. If I didn't have time to finish, I'd probably feign sickness and turn it in late. :roll::P

What would you do if you were shopping at a small novelty shop, and you picked up a delicate china cup and the handle broke off?
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby Pelargonium » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:48 pm

I would freak a little at first, but then I would just calmly take it up to the counter, tell them it fell off and pay for it if they insist upon it. Then I may even end up with a whole set of matching delicate china cups...how cute!

What would you do if your favorite celeb came to your door?
Pelargonium
Shield Bearer

Postby Calma » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:06 pm

Well, I'd have a hard time prying my tongue from the roof of my mouth, but when I accomplished that, I'd invite him/her in for coffee or a soda and some down time away from all the hassles of being a celebrity. Of course I'd get all the pictures I could and have some things autographed before they left. :D

What would you do if you found out you won a multi million dollar lottery.

September is Breakfast Month in the TVM!!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 51 :D
LOSSES: 52 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby IamMoose » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:44 am

Share with my friends and family, buy a house, learn to drive and go and see the world!

How would you react if someone tried to steal your bag as you were walking down the street?
IamMoose
Mariner

Postby minyacaliel » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:11 pm

I'd probably shriek as loud as I can. :P And froze so that I couldn't do anything else. :|

What would you do if you lost your dearest copy of LOTR?
minyacaliel
Mariner

Postby Pelargonium » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:17 pm

I would be realy upset and screach frantically all over the house trying to find it and call anyone that might have some idea of where it could be. Then I would probly go out and get a replacement copy, even though it wouldn't even count as a cover for the other one! :-(

What would you do if you saw a car close to yours on a bumper to bumper street blow up? (I'm taking driver's ed(even though I'm almost 17!) and I have driving and the deaths associated to it on the brain...grr!!)
Pelargonium
Shield Bearer

Postby IamMoose » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:42 pm

Erm.. well if I was in the car at the time I would get out pronto. If not I'd just stand and wave my arms around helplessly.

What would you do if you bought a pizza and it had a beetle on it?
IamMoose
Mariner

Postby danneaio » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:14 pm

Hopefully I would find it BEFORE I took a bite from the pizza. Realistically, screech and throw it back in the box, bundle it up and call the Pizza place back and complain. Bitterly. After getting sick. :puke:

What would you do if you were offered a GREAT job, but had to pack up and leave in 2 weeks?
danneaio
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Trasmerg38 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:22 pm

It would depend on why I was leaving. If I couldn't change the plans to leave, I'd turn down the job with a heavy heart but I'm sure I would know there was something better waiting for me where I was going. Otherwise, I'd weigh the pros and cons of staying for the great job or leaving, and doing what had the most pros. Did that make any sense? :roll::P

What would you do if you were at a nice restaurant and you broke a tooth from something in the food?
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby Pelargonium » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:30 pm

(That made sense to me Tras!) I would call the waiter and tell him that i just chipped my tooth on whatever I was eating and ask for a refund and then go and get it filled up again at the dentist office...hopefully the resturant would pay for some of the damage they did though!

What would you do if you were stranded in the middle of the city and you had to break into this old car to get the only food left (Note: your dying of hunger and you can't break any part of the car)? ( I got this from a Worst-Case Scenario game card! hehe)
Pelargonium
Shield Bearer

Postby IamMoose » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:23 am

I am not sure I understand that question .. can't I just smash a window or something? What would be the only food left in a car, anyway.. a dead taxi driver?!

How would you react if someone puked on you in a bar or restaurant?
IamMoose
Mariner

Postby Gwenneth_Eruwen » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:41 pm

I wouldn't like it of course but I wouldn't be mad. It was something I couldn't help so I'd just clean up the best I could then go home.

What would you do if the heel of your shoe broke at a formal dinner?
Gwenneth_Eruwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Gwenare » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:46 pm

I don't generally wear high heals, but if it did, I'd just take both shoes off and walk barefoot. ;) And if it really bothered the others there, I'd leave and not worry about it. :)

What would you do if your best friend lied to you?
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby tarathiel » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:26 pm

I think it depends on the actual lie and the friends reason for doing it. If it was a 'stab in the back' kind of lie i'd just write the frienship off as a part of my past and then get on with life, but be carefull to distance myself from the person without actually getting into 'I said/you said' war-fare :|

What would you do if your best friends boyfriend/girlfriend hit on you?
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Gwenneth_Eruwen » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:00 pm

Tell them to quit or I'd tell my friend. And actuly tell her if he didn't stop.

What would you do if you were asked to be in a wedding of a relitve that you didn't particularly like?
Gwenneth_Eruwen
Ranger of the North

Postby IamMoose » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:29 am

Politely decline, making an excuse if necessary

What would you do if you came home very late one night and realised that you'd lost your key?
IamMoose
Mariner

Postby Maegnas » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:36 pm

I'd ring the bell until someone would wake up and let me in. Next day I'd change the lock, just in case. This happened to me many years ago, when I was away for college, on a holiday. In that instance I called a locksmith :oops: Luckily I found my keys where I had forgotten them the previous night :roll:

How would you react if someone else "stole" the empty parking seat you were going to occupy with your car?
Maegnas
Ranger of the North

Postby Rinon » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:30 am

It would depend on the mood I was in. If I was having a good day, I would jsut shrug it off and move on. If I wasn't having such a good day, I might lay on the horn a bit or use an unpleasant expletive. :oops:

How would you readt if you found out you have a very bad termite infestation? As in, they've been devouring the beams and walls for years now without you knowing. :shock:
Rinon
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to The Library - General Archive