The Followers of Eru: A Guild for Christians, Verse 8!!!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

The Followers of Eru: A Guild for Christians, Verse 8!!!!

Postby Nimhiril » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:25 am

Welcome to the Followers of Eru, a Guild for Christians! Come in, make yourself comfortable, have some cheesecake (yummy!) or hot chocolate (again, yummy!) or some other tasty treat (brownies, cookies, the like :) ).

To quote so many who have spoken before me:
""Share prayer requests, concerns, questions--anything you like! Think of this as your sanctuary here on TORC. I have the candles lit and the comfy cushions scattered about. Be refreshed, be renewed, be inspired, but just be here."

Remember to put any prayer requests or praises in bold so that we're sure to see them. :D thank you.

How exciting! Verse 8! 8) 8)

Nim
Last edited by Nimhiril on Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Prince Imrahil » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:27 am

Good thing you've got going here, Nimhiril.

Mmmm. E-hot chocolate and virtual cookies. :D
Prince Imrahil
Shield Bearer

Postby Celebria » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:28 am

Hey, Nim! :) How are ya? Thanks for the next thread! Wish I had more time to hang out here. :cry2: School and stuff, you know... :roll:

Hope everybody has a fabulous August! :)
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimhiril » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:46 am

Prince Imrahil ~ thanks! :D I'm Nim. *shakes hands* Anyone given you a nickname yet? Like... I don't know... let me think about it for a while. :D

Celebria ~ You're in school already? For how long? I don't start till this friday. Joy. It'll be a blast... :roll: I mean...it will, but it wont. :P Good to see you. :hug:

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Prince Imrahil » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:48 am

Mae govannen, Nim. :) I haven't really been here long enough to get a nickname . . . and I'm afraid a name like Imrahil doesn't really lend itself to shortening very easily. Good luck, though.

Celebria - I know exactly what you mean. School starts on Friday for me. *sigh*
Prince Imrahil
Shield Bearer

Postby Celebria » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:52 am

Well, I guess we could call you Prince Im, Prince Ra, Prim... :lol: You're right, this isn't working... :P

No, school hasn't quite started yet, but with all the preliminaries, you know... :roll:
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Prince Imrahil » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:56 am

Indeed I do know.

I've got it. I can be called "The User Currently Known as Prince {Imrahil}" - and we could make up a little unpronounceable symbol that would be my nickname.

Or not.
Prince Imrahil
Shield Bearer

Postby Nimhiril » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 am

Imrahil ~ :D How's about Imra? I think it's an old german name possibly... I'll go look it up... Actually, it's Imre that means great king in german names... how's that? :P Prince and Imrahil combined makes Imre. :D And school starts friday for me too! Do you live in the US? if so, what state? I'm in Nebraska. Where you from?

Celebria ~ Oh... yeah, I get it now. :| Same here.

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Prince Imrahil » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:03 am

I leef een Yugoslavia, ja?

I keed, I keed. Illinois, here. Good ol' heartland.

Boring, but, hey. It's home. :D

And, I suppose Imre will do nicely, if you don't want to type Imrahil.
Prince Imrahil
Shield Bearer

Postby Celebria » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:06 am

Imre, I like it! :) You know you're a real TORCer once you've been dubbed with a nick! :lol:

Yay for the Heartland! I'm in Iowa. Humidity and corn fields, yeehaw! :wink:
Last edited by Celebria on Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimhiril » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:06 am

OKay... so do you live in Yugoslavia or Illinois? :P :P :P Just kidding. Oh, and it's totally up to you on nicknames! :D

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Prince Imrahil » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:14 am

Celebria wrote:Imre, I like it! :) You know you're a real TORCer once you've been dubbed with a nick! :lol:

I'm a real TORCer after two days? Wow. i'm told I'm a quick study, but . . . :lol:

Celebria wrote:Yay for the Heartland! I'm in Iowa. Humidity and corn fields, yeehaw! :wink:

Don't forget june bugs and cicadas. ;)
Prince Imrahil
Shield Bearer

Postby ElanorTheHobbit » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:43 am

8th verse, wow! :D

Hey, Imre, I'm Elanor. ;)

And I'm from Idaho. But in two days I'll be in Indana instead. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm baking chocolate chip cookies. Want one? :D
ElanorTheHobbit
Ranger of the North

Postby Prince Imrahil » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:20 pm

*eyes Elanor suspiciously*

Is your father named Samwise? :P

And, naturally, I would love a virtual chocolate chip cookie.
Last edited by Prince Imrahil on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prince Imrahil
Shield Bearer

Postby MithLuin » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:21 pm

Ooh, I'll take a cookie! :D
Thanks, Elanor.

I call Queen Beruthiel "Queen B", so I might just have to call you "Prince" or "Imrahil" for awhile. But "Imre" sounds nice ;).

So, the 8th thread, huh? Get spammy enough and this thread might catch up with the Emporium ;) Just kidding!

Good luck to all of you who are starting school - luckily I have a few weeks left...to get my lesson plans ready :twisted: :roll:

Celebria, humidity and corn fields about sums up my memory of spending two weeks in Iowa ;). Though you also have wonderfully dark soil there....

Oh, and today is the feast of St. Maximillian Kolbe, a Franciscan priest who died in Auschwitz, taking the place of another man. The man whose life he saved survived the concentration camp, and was actually still alive in the 1990s (I don't know if he's alive now). Fr. Kolbe was able to encourage the ten men who were condemned to death by starvation (really, they died of dehydration), so that rather than giving into despair, they sang hymns as they waited to die. He finally died by lethal injection on Aug. 14th, 1942.
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:32 pm

WOW!! When I posted in the other thread this morning I didn't even look at the post count. :roll: Thanks for starting the new one Nim. :D

Hi PI! :P How's that for a short name Prince Imrahil. I was actually surprised to see the newness of that name. I would have guessed it had been gobbled up long ago. Welcome to FOE though. Make yourself at home, and here's your fav desert and some lemonade or iced tea. :) Good to have you. :)

Celebria, good to see you too!! :)

Elanor, When Irish eyes are smiling. :P Go Irish, except against the Vols. :P I hope and pray the transistion goes well. :)

Hi Mithluin, its good to see you as well!! :)

Dan
Last edited by Elladan_Elfhelm on Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Prince Imrahil » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:37 pm

Elladan_Elfhelm wrote:Hi PI! :P How's that for a short name Prince Imrahil. I was actually surprised to see the newness of that name. I would have guessed it had been gobbled up long ago. Welcome to FOE though. Make yourself at home, and here's your fav desert and some lemonade or iced tea. :) Good to have you. :)

Thanks, Elladan. I was a bit surprised nobody had taken it, too; I went with "Prince Imrahil" rather than just "Imrahil", in the hopes that it was less likely to be taken . . . oddly enough, I was right.

Oh. I hate to be picky, but, shouldn't you be allied to the House of Elrond? :grin:
Prince Imrahil
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:02 pm

Prince Imrahil wrote:Oh. I hate to be picky, but, shouldn't you be allied to the House of Elrond? :grin:

To make a long story short there: Elladan Elfhelm was my very first RP character here on TORC. He was a Rider of Rohan and his father named him that in honor of Elladan, who saved his father on the Pelennor, and Elfhelm, the commader of the Rohirrim. Like I said long story. :P ;)
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Prince Imrahil » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:04 pm

Ah, I see.

Long story, but educational!
Prince Imrahil
Shield Bearer

Postby elerrina_narloth » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:24 pm

OOOO I love stories that are LOTR educational!

hey Nim, good of you to restart this thread!
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby whereismysam » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:09 pm

Good on you, Nim for starting the new one! :hug:

Imre, nice to meet you :hug: I'm Wimsie :) I'm more of the huggy sort of person, so you'll just have to pardon me for not wanting to shake your hand ;) Please stay awhile! :D And I'm from the loverly, wonderful First State, as is Smor, who hasn't shown up in the new thread yet.

This short post was more so I could click the little button so I can get the updates because it's a nice, new, shiny thread :D Things are insane my way, too insane to try and come up with any sort of update :| If you think of it, pray for me.

Except that I do want to give Cassi a :hug: It's always wonderful to see you, brother. You know, everyone continuously puts an 'e' on the end of your name, and I can't help but think they're talking to me when I read it, for that makes my name ;)

My love all!
:hug::grouphug::hug:
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:25 pm

Nim, thanks for starting the new one! Just one thing -- there shouldn't be an apostrophe in "followers". :) (I apologize for my anal-retentiveness. This is why I'm a Latin major. I like grammar).

Hi Imre (again)!
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Prince Imrahil » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:30 pm

Hiya, Luth--*struggles to keep the 'ien' from escaping*

:D
Prince Imrahil
Shield Bearer

Postby Taramire » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:49 pm

A new stread all ready! How things fly when one is having fun :D .

Howdy Imrahil! I'm Tara and I'm glad to meet you. I'm in South-West Missouri, by the way :) . Luthienelflover is called Luthy, it;s far easier to say than Luth :) .

*waves to everyone else*

Tara
Taramire
Shield Bearer

Postby Prince Imrahil » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:38 pm

Hey-hey! I have relatives in Missouri!

It's a small country, after all.

Actually, it's a big country.

Bah. Idioms. :D
Prince Imrahil
Shield Bearer

Postby elerrina_narloth » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:19 pm

my grandpa comes from Missouri....it must be a small country, never really thought of it before :wink:
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Celebria » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:46 pm

Weird, but both sets of my grandparents came from Missouri! :) Most of my relatives otherwise still live down there, too. Big country, small world... :P
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:50 pm

there! good Celebria, that's a better way of putting it! My grandmother came from oklahoma and my other grandparents were never anywhere but Lancaster, CA!!! We live a long way from them....... :cry:
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:59 pm

Good job, Nim! Nice to have responsible people around here...isn't it? You forgot our song, though! :P

and I'm glad you like my sig pic. I debated putting it up because of the gun, but I thought that if I put the line in about the "coppers" it would be funnier. Did you read my title?

Hi, PI, or whatever we're calling you. :lol: I thought Magnum would be good, but not everyone would get it. Then I remembered Rosie O'Donnell called "Prince" Tafcap for a while (The Artist Formerly Known As Prince) and thought we could call you Tuckap for "The Useker Currently Known as Prince". But I suppose that's getting too complicated?

Always...

"I'd rather kiss a Wookie..."

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:38 pm

Taramire wrote:Luthienelflover is called Luthy, it;s far easier to say than Luth :)

He actually has permission to call me Luth. ;) Seems like lots of people are asking me if they can do that lately. :P

Anyone else who insists on it may do that as well, though I do prefer Luthy. :P

Iris, I think we're calling him Imre. :P
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Next

Return to The Library - General Archive