The Followers of Eru: A Guild for Christians, Verse 8!!!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby MithLuin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:02 pm

And an update on the children who were murdered.

What seems to have happened was this:
The family had just come home from something (in fact, the mom had been at the clinic, talking to my sister). The mom went out to buy lemons, a short walk from her house. While she was there, it started raining, so her 10-year-old son brought her an umbrella. She must have said something like, "don't worry about it" and sent him home. When she returned - both her children were dead.

No one knows what happened, of course, but the speculation is that a gang (or whatever they have there that passes for one) tried to rape the 12-yr-old girl Jenni while no one was home. When her brother came home, they killed him, too. :( :( :( This poor, poor family. I'm sure the mother feels absolutely terrible, but that is just a horrendous thing to have happen. And it was brutal - the boy's arms were cut off, and the girl's head was bashed in.

So, yeah, it's been a rough week for my sister, and for the school, and for the whole community. Just, ugh.....
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby JudyA » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:37 am

Mith: I'm speechless.... :cry2:

Parm: I'm so glad you're okay, brother :hug:

Prayer: It's raining here, which is a praise point, but of course now there's flooding in some areas. Cars have been washed away, people are missing :( ... and the wind has been so strong off the coast that it forced a huge bulk carrier to pull its anchor and get stuck on a reef less than 100 metres from shore. Helicopters had to winch the crew to safety and the guys at the local surf club went out there in five-metre waves on jet skis just in case any of them fell in the water. Other ships are also in danger of ending up on the rocks/reefs... it's just a miracle more people haven't got into trouble. Those rescue guys deserve a medal. But the weather's set to be pretty bad for another day or so, so prayers for safety and God's hand on us all - and thanks for the emergency guys - would be appreciated
JudyA
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:58 am

Mith: :hug: for you and your family and another :hug: to that poor family. :hug:

Judy: :shock: Gee, I guess becareful of what you wish for, huh? Well, I'm glad you're getting rain, but I hope it slacks off a bit...:)
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:24 am

It's just....strange.

How well do Gwen and I know that feeling. All of our grandparents are with the Lord now, but I can remember all four of hers being in the same house less then 10 years ago. One by one and with my grandmother last month they have all left this place for their eternal home. I still some times expect to see them at Gwen's parents house.
Prayers for you and your family Mith, and prayers too for you sister and the family suffer from that horrible murder. :(

Parm, thanks for that poem. There is indeed rejoicing here and in Heaven. :D

Judy!!!! :hug: Its good to see you back. We've missed you. Prayers for you and your family, and for your area with these storms too.

Iris, howdy. Hope things are going well for you. :)

VBS commencement tonight. Please pray for hearts to be receptive to the gospel as it is presented one last time this week to them, and hopefully to a lot of parents too. :)

God bless you all,
Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:32 am

Mith: I know exactly how you feel. I have been through that more than once. My prayers are with you and your family. My God give you the strength and peace that you need. :hug:s We love you.

We will also continue to remember your sister and that family. It is just awful. :(

Parm: That poem was so beautiful. :) I"m going to share it with the rest of my family if you do not mind. :) :hug:s I hope you are still doing well.

JudyA: :tackleglomphugs: I've been thinking so much of you lately. It's good to see you here. :hug:s We will most definitely be praying about the rain and the emergency workers. We will also continue to remember you and your clan in our prayers. We love you. :hug: :hug: :hug: slobbery :hug:s

Tonight is our commencement for VBS. It has been a most tiresome but glorious week. I have no way of knowing how many seeds were planted and/or watered. We are most thankful and grateful for each of those seeds. Praise the Lord for a most wonderful week of VBS. We are looking forward to the rest that comes after such a hard labor, but most importantly we're looking forward to seeing the fruits of the labor when those seeds break forth as God brings the increase. :D
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:50 am

Speaking of grandmothers, I just remembered I wanted to post this:
please pray for my best friend's (S) gram. She was supposed to have cateract surgery on the 17th last month, but they found "something" with her heart and cancelled the surgery and sent her to a cardiologist. He found a serious blockage and now she has to have a catherization on Monday. She was supposed to have it today, but her daughter and granddaughter won't be around tomorrow, and she has to spend the night. She hasn't been mentally stable the past few years...age caught up with her, she's 85.

Additionally, S. is going to Burkina Faso in August for a short term missions trip. She hasn't told her gram yet because they don't want her worked up.
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Nimhiril » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:33 pm

Hi guys...
All of your requests are in my prayers. I'm sorry I haven't been in here more regularly.

Could you all pray for me?
I'm going threw some heartache right now, on a few different fronts. Would you just keep me in your prayers? I really don't feel like talking about it in here, it will take up a lot of space. If you want more info, you can go over the the "Another Thread: Who are you Crazy about?" and it's in there. Part of it anyway.
I also have to work tomorrow, just pray that I remember to be cheery for the customers and not be in a bad mood.
Thank you muchly.

You're all so wonderful. I love you all.
Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Gwenare » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:19 pm

:hug:s Nim. You're in our prayers always. We love you.

Iris: We're praying for your friend's grandmother too.
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby JudyA » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:38 am

Gwen: I've been thinking about you guys a lot too. I've popped in here and read a bit but haven't had a chance to post for a while. Really good news about your niece :)

Iris: Well, yeh... I guess. But the same thing happened the last time we had dam-filling rains in 1998. Houses washed away, the works. *sighs*

Weather prayer update: Six people are confirmed dead and two are still missing. An old couple were swept off a bridge in their car and drowned, and a whole family was washed away when the road they were driving on... it just collapsed and disappeared. Dear Lord it's so awful. :cry2: A whole family: mum, dad, and three kids. The bodies of the father and two kids have been found, but the others... not yet. And they weren't doing anything stupid - they were just driving on the road trying to get, presumably, to somewhere out of the rain. :(
I'm feeling so blessed right now, with my two beautiful girls sitting on the rug playing a game as our new kitty cat dozes on the couch. The wind is howling outside but we are dry and warm and safe.... and I feel that blessing very much.
JudyA
Mariner

Postby Nimhiril » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:50 pm

Gwen, thank you hon. :hug:

Judy ~ :( I'll be praying for the weather. I'm glad you and yours are safe. :hug: Thanks Judy. :hug:

Prayer:
Things have taken a turn for the worse.
I'm broken. Truly, broken.

Much love
Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:11 pm

Nim: :hug: There is nothing more I can say at this moment that I haven't already said.

Judy: :hug: for you and the people where you live.

Hi everyone...I don't have much to say otherwise, excpet please pray for me tomorrow at church...I just need wisdom. :)
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Nimhiril » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:17 pm

Iris ~ You're in my prayers. :hug: Thanks hon. :hug: I wish things would start going right for a change... :(

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby K.Evenstar » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:11 am

Hi all
It's been so long! But I'm still alive after a crazy final semester at university. Out into the big bad world now, and in that crazy situation of trying to find somewhere to live and the means of paying for it, all at once. Please pray for me and that some kind-hearted employer will take pity on a youngster straight out of education and looking for her first proper job.

Praying for that family you mentioned, Mith. What a horrible thing to happen!

Also praying for Nim in her struggles, and the weather at Judy's.

Dan and Gwen - I don't believe I congratulated you on the birth of your son. Teth told me the news but I haven't been on TORC for so long, so apologies. He's a cute little chap, isn't he?
K.Evenstar
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:35 pm

Hi, Keve!!! :hug:

Speaking of prayers...I don't know what's going on yet, but something is up...I hope to know completely tonight. :(
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Gwenneth_Eruwen » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:55 pm

I'm back after a disapperance. Work is going well. The baby is nearly 6 months old and wearing 9 month old clothes... :) Still getting married next fall.

Please pray for Jovan. He is having some health problems his back keeps going out on him. Also he is having a simi tough time at school and home.

Prayers and hugs,

-Gwenny
Gwenneth_Eruwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimhiril » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:45 pm

Keve ~ :hug: Good to see you hon! I'll be praying for you in starting a new chapter in your life. :) And thank you for the prayers. :hug:

Iris ~ Oh... :hug: Sweetie, I'll be praying for you okay? Keep me posted. :hug:

Gwenny ~ I feel awefull! I didn't even know you were expecting. :( Congradulations! :hug: I'll be praying for Jovan, I hope he starts feeling relief from the pain.

Much love
Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Gwenneth_Eruwen » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:26 pm

Ach. Sorry. I thought everyone here new that the baby was my nephew Not married means no kids to me. :)

Prayers and hugs,

-Gwenny
Gwenneth_Eruwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimhiril » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:43 pm

Well... that's what I had figured... but I didn't want to be rude or anything and ask whose it was and then have it be yours.... :) Thanks for specifying. :)
Congrats are getting married too! :)

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:42 pm

I really need some prayer rignt now. Not ready to go into detail just yet. Thanks.
IrisBrandybuck

Postby MithLuin » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:40 pm

Prayers for Nim and Iris :grouphug:
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby prmiller » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:05 pm

IrisBrandybuck wrote:I really need some prayer rignt now. Not ready to go into detail just yet. Thanks.

That Prayer Which Jesus Knows

The details, like a thousand threads,
that wrap their cords about our heart,
the complications myriad,
what things to say, how should we start?
Such convoluted crushing griefs,
that none but Jesus understands,
still gives us opportunities,
to link our many prayer hands.

On saint, and do not falter now,
go to your knees and find His strength
to take another step and then,
find you have gone a prayerful length.
Why do you think that heaven's gates,
are pearls, not sculptures in relief?
The humble oyster's irksome pain,
becomes a treasure wrought in grief.

So, we, despite the hardships borne,
will find, from tears, a gemmy prize,
for we see not the wonders made,
that bring delight to Jesus' eyes.
Thus we shall pray, and praying wait,
to hear from you, in future days,
that from the wordless, sobbing groan,
come minored melodies of praise.

...and there shall come
Bright blessings,
Parm :)
Variations on a theme: winter here in Calgary...and elsewhere?

prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby Nimhiril » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:52 pm

Parm ~ As much as I'm sure that helped Iris, it helped me too. Thank you. :hug: God is working threw your words to help with healing. :hug: Thank you.

Iris ~ :hug: You're in my prayers darling. I love you. You know how to get a hold of me. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mith ~ Thanks hon. :hug:

Much love
Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:10 am

Thank you Parm.

While I know Jesus knows what I'm going through, and he loves me and understands, right now he seems really, really far away.
IrisBrandybuck

Postby JudyA » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:18 am

Exta hugs for Iris and Nim :grouphug:
JudyA
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:44 am

Keve: Thank you. :) He is indeed a cutie, but I'm a bit biased. ;)

Iris and Nim: Many :hug:s to you both. We love are and are keeping you in our prayers. I'm going to give you both my email if you want to talk sometime. :hug:s

gwenare @ gmail dot com
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:53 am

Thanks, Gwen. :hug:
Judy pointed something out to me on the "crazy" thread that really helped. Now it's just a case of remaining calm and being patient and allowing God to work.

Through it all I've managed to keep from blaming God...I blamed myself for misunderstanding God and while I told him that I wasn't sure I completely trusted Him...I also know that I HAVE to, I don't have a choice, really. (Funny, our morning sermon series has been on the beatitudes and trusting God!) I listened to Rich Mullins "Hard to Get" yesterday and I thought, Yeah, that's right, but I just have to keep hanging on.
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:11 am

Good morning all!

Nim and Iris, prayers for you with what you are going through. :hug: :hug:

Judya, I hope you all are still doing well down there. :)

Keve, thanks and prayers for you as you look for a job and your own place. May God bless you in those areas. :)

Gwenny, congrats on the upcoming marriage, and good deal on your nephew too. :) Prayers for you and Jovan as well.

Hi to Mith and Parm! :)

God bless you all,
Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby prmiller » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:42 am

While morning rises where you are
I shall meet the midnight star,
watch the moon slip out of sight
making a much darker night.
All is well, the frogs sing out,
trains shall cease, then all about
something like a breath or sigh,
sweeps the earth and then shall I
find my way to bed and rest--
one more day which grace has blest.

Bright blessings,
(and O-yasumi nasai)
Parm :) :zzz: :zzz:
Variations on a theme: winter here in Calgary...and elsewhere?

prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:06 am

Good night, Parm, and thank you for the poem earlier. It made me cry, but I needed it. :hug:
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Nimhiril » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:55 pm

Iris ~ :hug: I know exactly how you're feeling hon. :hug:

Judy ~ Thanks sweetie. It helps. :hug:

Gwen ~ Thanks hon. I may just take you up on that offer. :hug:

Dan ~ Thanks. :hug:

Parm ~ I admire you Parm, I really do. :hug:

My situation just keeps getting worse. I'll never be able to heal if things don't start going right once again... :( Thank you all for the continued prayer.

Loves
Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive