The Followers of Eru: A Guild for Christians, Verse 8!!!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby JudyA » Sun May 06, 2007 3:02 am

MithLuin wrote:I've been to weddings where we blew bubbles when the couple came out - less messy, but just as much fun :)

I've been to a wedding where people stood in a kind of guard of honour, blowing bubbles all the way as the bride and groom walked between them :)

Gwen: Do give my love to Dan :hug:

Cassi: Where are you sleeping? The mind boggles!! I hope you have a restful night, my friend :D

*And thank you all for your kind wishes* :)
JudyA
Mariner

Postby Erumahtar » Sun May 06, 2007 5:24 am

Hi everyone. :grouphug:

Dan, I am very sorry to hear about your grandmother's loss. But I know she is with her Lord now and that should encourage you and your family. The Lord overcame death and that's why we will be with Him forever. :hug:s
Erumahtar
Ranger of the North

Postby telre » Sun May 06, 2007 5:32 am

My family and I will be praying for you. God Bless. :angel:
telre
Petitioner to the Council

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun May 06, 2007 6:32 pm

:hug: for Dan and Clan.

One of the churches in our denomination, in Altoona PA, burned to the ground today. They don't know the cause just yet, but it's very sad. Please pray for that congregation.

I have a bit of an update on the church fire. It began at the back of the church after the morning service was over. The pastor (who's father tunes our piano and both are just wonderful people) and 6 others had stayed to pray and were in the sanctuary when the alarm went off. Just as they were going to investigate, a worker from the neighboring Lowes store ran in and yelled that the church was on fire and they should get out. The parishoners gathered to watch and pray, but while the walls are still "up" the building is a total loss. I've been in tears and it's not my church...but they're still family. I don't know yet what will be done, I emailed my pastor and asked if there would be a collection. I'm sure the district will help.

To see photos, go Here. It's at the top of the page, labled "church fire". There's also a news story below.
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Mon May 07, 2007 7:20 am

Good morning everyone! :) I hope you all are well. Thank you for the prayers for my family. As Gwen said it is a bittersweet time, but I know where my grandmother is, and I am very envious right now of her. ;) 96 years of a hard but blessed life, where she had eight kids, nine grandchildren, and I can't count the number of great and great great. :P She can walk again on her own, and my desire is to see her in the Rapture as Christ comes for His people. She'll come with Him, and I'll be changed and caught up. If I die before the Rapture, I'm sure I'll find her cooking some where. :D It will be hardest on my mom and my aunts, especially with Mother's Day next Sunday, so please keep them in your prayers. Thank you all. :)

Cassi, I hope you had a good night at the church. :) We have done James, Ephesians, and Romans on a Sunday night sermon series-study in the last year. Its amazing how this keeps me and the church focused as we go along. I'm sure some might question it, but I believe its what God is using me to do, and I am throughly enjoying it. Thanks for that word of encouragement brother. :D

Iris, prayers for that church family. May God strenghten them through this trial in their lives.

Hi to Judy, Mith, Strider, Erumahta, and Telre (Welcome to FOE. I give you the key to the halls of fellowship, and all rights and priviledges that go with that, which are in particular your favorite desert and a nice place to rest :D ).

God bless you all, and have a great day,
Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Tethairwen » Tue May 08, 2007 4:08 am

*pops in*

Hello, I'm taking a short break from my coursework to stop by. Last Monday went well, and I gave myself all day Tuesday to relax... but then it was back to the grind. As of right now, I have a 3,000-word paper to write before Friday (I only have the outline done so far, eek!), a set of problems to finish up before Monday, and exams on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week... I'd really appreciate prayer that I'd be diligent, and be able to remember everything I need to know. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now, both with uni work and some other things. :|

*hugs and prayers for you all*

Teth
Tethairwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwenelf » Thu May 10, 2007 10:37 am

I am done with the semester, huzzah!! I got home Tuesday night. I am still trying to sell/give away Norman, and he has to go one way or another...I would appreciate your prayers with that.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu May 10, 2007 11:49 am

Hey everyone. :) I hope you all are doing well.

Teth, prayers for you with that request. May God strengthen you through the days ahead. :)

Nen, WOOT for being done with the semester and getting home. :) Prayers for you in regards to Norman.

Have a great day everyone,
Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu May 10, 2007 5:49 pm

Nen, what part of the country are you in again?

Congrats to all who are finishing finals!

prayers please for a situation..I've been rather frustrated recently and I don't need to be. :roll:

Also, an update on that church...they lost everything except the big cross in the sanctuary and some records the pastor grabbed as they ran out. They don't have a cause yet, but it's beginning to look suspicious. :( Info on the church can be found here
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Arwenelf » Sat May 12, 2007 12:15 pm

Iris- I live in MI. And prayers with your frustration and for you church. That would be rough.

Have a good day!
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun May 13, 2007 6:15 pm

Sigh. I was going to make you an offer for him.

We just found out that our mare isn't the same age as our gelding, she's about 5 years older. :( I was happy that they were the same age because then I figured they'd live about the same amount of time...but she'll probably leave us several years before he does...

Ok, this is depressing. *shuts up*
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Arwenelf » Mon May 14, 2007 7:11 am

Aww, that's too bad Iris. How old are they? You know, there is a mare across the street from me who must be in here late 30's now. She was about 20 something (probably later 20's) when I moved here, and that was 12 years ago. So you never know. Some good TLC can do a horse good :)
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon May 14, 2007 8:39 am

Justin was born in 1988, so he'll be 20 next year. My dad looked at Lady's teeth and guessed that she's about 5 years older than him, which would make her 24. It's still a good age for a horse, old, but not quite elderly. But when we got her, we were told she was the same age as him. We think the woman who had her was lied to.

Happy Belated US mother's day to all the mom's here on TORc! :D
IrisBrandybuck

Postby entmaiden_laurelin » Mon May 14, 2007 10:01 am

Aye, Happy Mothers' Day!

I met my flatmate by chance in a computer lab this afternoon, and we were both wasting time browsing forums, and suddenly he saw something in a forum and said " Oh <TOS violation>, Laurel, when was Mother's Day!??!" I told him that in Britain it had been several months ago. He looked relieved, as though missing it by several months was better than missing it by a few days...

Ahem, and less with the rambling. I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted here, but then the place has been a bit quiet...

Anyway, the funeral went OK, I didn't actually have to talk to many people, so it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. I dunno... I quite like the idea of being able to be a "listener and comforter" (a sort of Guinan figure) with my flat and close friends, but I'm very uncomfortable with taking that out to a church situation.

Many prayers for Dan and Gwen and family at this time :( :hug:

Blowing bubbles at weddings sounds awesome :D I'd be a bit worried though that the soap could make an awful mess of a nice silk wedding dress :|

Cassi, for some reason I really like the idea of spending the night in the church. :D I think I have this (wholly ridiculous) image of your church as a huge cathedral made all of old oaken beams etc, and you curled up asleep on a pew in a beam of moonlight, like some lost traveller who has wandered in seeking sanctuary. But I expect it's not at all like that.

Hi Telre, take a seat by the fire, and have some lemonade (other people are prone to offering cider, y'know, but lemonade is infinitely more refreshing :twisted:

Iris, sorry to hear about that fire :( , especially since it looks like arson... prayers for that community. Prayers for your frustration, or the cause of it, to go away, and for you to know the peace of God.

Nen, w00t for semester being over, and prayers for the Norman situation.

Teth, prayers and sympathy with your uni work, I know how it feels.

Which brings me neatly round to:

I'd appreciate any prayers that may be going for us poor students at this time. I have two exams and my first dissertation meeting in the upcoming week. As well as this, I still don't have a summer placement, and if I don't get one I fail my course. I spoke to the RSPB, who I applied to, and they have my form but haven't seemed to get me a place yet. If I don't get one there I have to apply to someone else within a very short time, and that maybe necessitates finding a flat for the summer, not getting as much proper work (and money to keep me going) etc etc.

So yeah, it's another of these situations where I'm afraid cause everything's up in the air and I can't see the future. I'd appreciate your prayers that either things resolve themselves very soon, or that I learn to trust and rely on God in these sorts of situations. Or, indeed both.

God bless.
Last edited by entmaiden_laurelin on Mon May 14, 2007 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
entmaiden_laurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon May 14, 2007 10:36 am

:hug: Laurel. I hope it all goes well for you and everything gets straightened out soon.

Still haven't heard anything about the cause of the church fire. We are accepting donations at our church in the deacon's benevolent fund. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
IrisBrandybuck

Postby NyckS » Mon May 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Hey guys... back from the school year and all that kind of thing, so I'm back for a while again. Not sure how long, but possibly for the duration now that I'm not in that school anymore and nice and back home.

How's it all going?

Glad to see y'all again!!! :lol:
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed May 16, 2007 8:01 am

Good morning everyone. :) I hope you all are well. Thanks to all of you for your prayers for my family. It really means a lot.

Iris, prayers for you and for that church too as they continue to recover. Not good that it looks supicious. :(

Nen, I hope you enjoy your summer. :)

Laurel, prayers for you with school. I hope those exams go well, and a dissertation sounds intimidating, prayers for that for sure. And thank you. :)

NyckS, good to see you back. I hope your school year went well, and enjoy your summer too. :)

God bless you all,
Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby entmaiden_laurelin » Thu May 17, 2007 6:00 pm

Hello, NyckS, long time no see! :D

Well, thanks for the prayers guys. First exam went OK, in the midst of revision for the second. First meeting today went well, especially since the tutor made a point of reassuring me that if I got organised and didn't leave everything till the last minute, then it wouldn't be a problem.

Anyway best of all, just when I was starting to despair of ever getting a reply from the RSPB, I got various emails today (they're not the most organised of people, clearly :P ) offering me placements at the beginning of the summer. So I went from not having or expecting anything, to having a choice, all at once. Better yet, the timing means I can finish uni, do the placement, go to a folk festival, work, go away with my family, and, in short, absolutely everything I wanted to do this summer falls neatly into place. :D

Magnificat anima mea Dominum et exultavit spiritus meus in Deo salutari meo. Quia respexit humilitatem ancillæ suæ! :happydance:

God bless.
entmaiden_laurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby MithLuin » Thu May 17, 2007 6:28 pm

Laurel, that's awesome! :happydance: God is good. :D

Have a great summer!

(And I'm really liking your sig pic - it is so true that no one knows who Donatello is except a ninja turtle ;))
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby Ivriniel » Thu May 17, 2007 6:33 pm

Well, it's official: Evil VP being moving to another school as a VP come September.

What's more, Good VP is being promoted to Principal and being moved to another school, so here we go with yet another new admin team.

I've been at this school 7 years, and we've had nine different adminstrators. It's a bit nuts.
Ivriniel
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri May 18, 2007 5:39 am

Donatello=Renessance Artists (can't spell worth a darn) :D

Laurel, yay!! :D

Ivvy: so, is this a yay or an aw? Well, yay that evil VP is going away, though I feel bad for the other school, really I do.
IrisBrandybuck

Postby prmiller » Sun May 20, 2007 8:55 am

Looking for Gilead

My heart, all wearied,
wanders here, the map to healing balms
creased back and forth
till lines and words fade into
valley folds
looking for Gilead
where wonders wait
my heart, all wearied,
comes to rest,
then stretching out
that every nerve complaining still
cries out
the sign the sign the sign
it was here
after all.
I love the worldI am in...
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby MithLuin » Sun May 20, 2007 10:53 am

I'd like to request prayers for my grandmother, who fell and broke her hip on Friday. She had surgery today, and that went well, apparently. She is in her 80's, though, so of course this is NOT a good injury to have - prayers for her continued healing, please.

Thanks!
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Mon May 21, 2007 6:01 pm

Hey guys, back from school, as some of you already know.

Its good to see you all here! Judy, Gwen, Dan, Iris, Arwen, Nycks, Mith, prmiller, and others I have not met yet, glad to see you. I love seeing all these torc'ers who share in the faith. Its great to know that we have more in common than just our love of Tolkien's works

Mith, sorry to hear about your grandmother's fall. I'll pray for her.

I have a bit of a praise to put forth here. This last semester at school I began the courtship of a young woman at my school. Its an incredible story of providence and the Lord's working in our lives. It is the most incredibly thing that has ever happened to me and I'm thanking God constantly. We do need prayer as well, however. That we do not abandon God and focus on each other, and that God will help us to remain pure. Its not the easiest thing in the world :P But God has been good and I thought I would spread that praise around.

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue May 22, 2007 6:18 am

Quill! :hug: So good to see you! And congratulations. :D

:hihi: everyone.
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue May 22, 2007 7:54 am

Hey everyone. I hope you all are well. :)

Laurel, that is great news, and congrats on that. :)

Ivy, I hope the changes in the admin are good ones. :)

Hi Mithluin. :) Prayers for your grandmother and her recovery. It will take time for certain. I remember my grandmother breaking both of her hips, one twice. :(

Parm, its good to see you, and thanks for that poem. :)

Iris, that is one funny smiley. :P Hi to you as well. :)

Quill, welcome back here too. :) We definitely love Praise Reports, and thanks for sharing. Enjoy your summer too. :)

God bless you all,
Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby prmiller » Wed May 23, 2007 3:05 pm

Dear friends,

I am touched by all the prayer notes sent my way,
by Elladan's kind words in his signature,
by the encouragements over the years.
Indeed, in the increasingly great realm,
I stand among giants.
May you be delighted by the Lord, today.
May your eyes grow round with wonder,
May your ears hear music in kind words
May your hands receive grand goodness
in ways you had never expected.
May your enemies come to bless you,
and your friends grow stronger still.
All these, and myriads more
of good, true, and holy things
pour into your lives, even as you all
have been a welcome rain,
a cooling breeze, a burst of sunshine,
in mine.
Bright blessings,
Parm :)
I love the worldI am in...
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby Castanea_d. » Wed May 23, 2007 8:10 pm

*** peeks in to wish everyone well, and see what is going on ***
*** scurries off to catch the bus home ***

Blessings to all,
Cassi
Castanea_d.
Rider of the Mark

Postby Arwenelf » Wed May 23, 2007 8:53 pm

Hi everyone :)

Quill- That's exciting and I'm glad you guys are trying to stay focuse on God. That is the most important thing! You'll be in my prayers.

Hi Cassi! How are you doing?

Mith- Your grandma is in my prayers. Back at Christmas my grandma had fallen and broke her shoulder, so I know what you guys are going through. Remember God is good and works in wonderful ways. My grandma healed way quicker than what the docs thought. She will be in my prayers.

Pirates comes out soon! Squee!

Have a good day!
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu May 24, 2007 7:15 am

Good morning everyone. :)

Parm, thanks for that, and you are indeed a blessing to us as well. :)Proverbs 25:11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

Cassi, hello oh friendly ent one. ;) I hope all is well with you. :)

Nen, hi to you. I hope you're enjoying your summer and enjoy Pirates. Arrggghhhh or Arrrrrrrrr whichever you prefer. :P

God bless you all,
Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive